PDA

View Full Version : If Capers is Head Coach Next Year, What Will You Do?

HomeBred_Texan
10-03-2005, 01:19 PM
Was just wondering what the general public thinks if Capers is still head coach next year after a losing season this year.

Exascor
10-03-2005, 01:25 PM
If we continue to regress and he's still the coach next year I'll continue to root for the team. I will be very frustrated but would continue to hold on to my tiny little thread of hope that Capers might be able to get us to the playoffs. No matter what Mcnair or anyone he hires does, I'll always support the Texans. I will complain on these MBs when things go bad but always continue to support and root for the team.

That said, I think Capers time is over. It's time for a change.

GP
10-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Hmmmmmmmm...

Whatever has happened for the past three years, as well as this year, will happen again next year.

His era was when we were an expansion team. He was a solid man of character that helped to mentor and guide this team through the foundational years. That era has come and gone. It's time for him to move on and let a currently successful coach replace him.

If he hangs on, I will be very disappointed in the owner. The time is right to move forward at the end of this season and give us fans at least some hope that we can become more competitive than we are.

This team's management cuts loose players who are aging (Glenn and Sharper). This team cuts players that have sentimental value (JJ Moses). So I don't know what McNair sees in Capers that has caused the sparing of his coaching life. I just don't get it.

If Capers is still here next year, we'll still stink. I'll watch them, but I won't be very enthusiastic about the offseason. This past offseason was exciting because it looked like we were poised to possibly take off and be a playoff team this year. If Capers is still coach after this season, it makes the offseason so brutally painful (for me) to know that we're probably in store for more of the same when the reg season rolls around.

aj.
10-03-2005, 01:37 PM
Define losing season.

Considering the circumstances, if they somehow turn it around and go 7-6 the rest of the way, he'll probably still be here even with a 7-9 record. I'm guessing that's the current mark since that would equal the best 13 game stretch of football in Texans history and that's how it would be spun. Anything less and I think he's toast.

I'll still buy my season tickets. I've outlasted a lot of coaches and GMs since the 70's so this is nothing new.

By the way, I'm glad they don't hold on to players for sentimental reasons only. Last time I checked J.J. was unemployed.

gjmac2
10-03-2005, 01:45 PM
I really think a change in the entire coaching staff is needed. I mean, have the Texans even tried to beat a blitz with a fad pass? I keep hearing how the other team keeps jumping our routes, but how do you jump a fad route?

I saw improvement yesterday, but am still frustrated by the refusal of this coaching staff of even trying a big play.

And BTW, Gaffney should be starting ahead of Bradford. :brickwall

HardKnockTexan
10-03-2005, 02:57 PM
And BTW, Gaffney should be starting ahead of Bradford

I could be wrong, but I believe he did get the start yesterday.

chuckm
10-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Add another option .....

Still buy season tickets because you don't want to lose your PSL money but immediately sell them on stubhub

Vinny
10-03-2005, 03:00 PM
And BTW, Gaffney should be starting ahead of Bradford

I could be wrong, but I believe he did get the start yesterday.
He did, but it was because Bradford was injured (don't get me started on that one). The last time Bradford caught as many passes as Gaffney did yesterday was in 2002. Week 4 vs Philly.

Scooter
10-03-2005, 03:43 PM
i need two chances to vote. i'll still support them and attend games because i'm a fan, but i've been griping about capers since we signed him and dont plan on changing that.

Porky
10-03-2005, 04:10 PM
What would I do? Probably :crying:

Double Barrel
10-03-2005, 04:37 PM
"Nothing, still go to games and support my team."

Part of being a fanatic, I suppose.

HoustonFan
10-03-2005, 04:49 PM
I'll still support the team. Football is back in Houston, needs to stay. Thanks, Bob McNair. Like I've said before there are still 13 games left. If they lose the next 6 or 7 then you can call it a losing season and a step back.

eriadoc
10-03-2005, 05:05 PM
I'll keep my PSL, sell my tickets game-by-game, and watch from home, so I can turn them off when I want.

nunusguy
10-03-2005, 05:10 PM
Of course its too early to know what the climate and mood of the fans and city will be about Capers and the team at the end of the year, but to say Capers is not off to a good start this season is certainly a giant understatement. The thing is though, it actually didn't even occur to me that it might be like this, that is to say this bad ! It occured to me that we might be winless after 3 games, but I expected to be 'bout 1-2. But I never dreamed we'd play so poorly in the first 3 games that we'd be competitive
in only one of them ! I think unless Capers improves last years record, he's gone. The real question for me would be Cass, does the old man keep him if he cans Capers ? But I'm hear for the long term. no matter if McNair cleans
house this year or not.