PDA

View Full Version : Player of the Game

Runner
10-03-2005, 10:13 AM
I'm glad I quit listening to the post game show on the radio last year. I don't think I could have handled this.

From Voice of the Fan - http://www.houstontexans.com/news/news_detail.php?PRKey=2014

The radio broadcast team even went so far to give the “Player of the Game” award to Steve McKinney who said we’re on the verge of “something special.” And that would be what, Steve, scoring two touchdowns in a game?

The first caller to the post-game show – after McKinney walked off with a $500 gift certificate for his effort –

Texans Horror
10-03-2005, 10:17 AM
Because Davis and Norris and Gaffney and Carr did nothing. It was all the center. Why do we have this nauseating love affair with McKinney?

Youngstown Colt
10-03-2005, 10:33 AM
That ref had more to do with the game than anyone else on the field. He should be given a game ball. BUt he'd probably just fumble it.

Bottle-O-Bud
10-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Because Davis and Norris and Gaffney and Carr did nothing. It was all the center. Why do we have this nauseating love affair with McKinney?

why is this guy still our center........ he is a weakling...

PapaL
10-03-2005, 10:45 AM
Yeah going 0-16 is something special. Once again, Stanley is our “Player of the Game”.

Khari
10-03-2005, 10:49 AM
Robinson = player of the game :challenge

Vinny
10-03-2005, 10:50 AM
I think McKinney is having his best year (seriously), but the entire line was a miserable failure yesterday so I don't see how they could have named a lineman...except for the fact that they are good buddies (610am) and do a radio show together.

PapaL
10-03-2005, 10:53 AM
Robinson = player of the game :challenge

Good point, he did have a good game. I change my Stanley vote to DRob.

F-minus67
10-03-2005, 11:21 AM
I think that the entire nfl gives McKinney a lot of credit, I mean he has an 87 rating in madden.

Keldar
10-03-2005, 11:22 AM
I think McKinney is having his best year (seriously)
That's probably true, but it's easy to improve from being totally inept.

but the entire line was a miserable failure yesterday so I don't see how they could have named a lineman
So true. Again, Pitts was the best lineman yesterday and that's not saying much at all. The bad call by the ref could never have happened if Wade could pass block.....at all.....ever. Weigert stunk bad also. They are just not very good....period. You can lead a 300 pounder to the line of scrimmage, but you can't force them to block.

..except for the fact that they are good buddies (610am) and do a radio show together.
BINGO!!!!!!!

ledzeppelin229
10-03-2005, 11:23 AM
If McKinney is really having his best year (which I guess, is at least an upgrade from lousy) then I pray he doesn't regress any. We've already given up 20 sacks, albeit a few are on Carr, but that's still way too many. And if Riley keeps getting beat by speed rushers, Carr will never make it to the end of the season.

Keldar
10-03-2005, 11:25 AM
If McKinney is really having his best year (which I guess, is at least an upgrade from lousy) then I pray he doesn't regress any. We've already given up 20 sacks, albeit a few are on Carr, but that's still way too many.
They are on pace to give up 106.66 sacks this year.