PDA

View Full Version : Titan game, Boo the Texans offense

Texas_Heat
10-02-2005, 05:33 PM
This offense is the worst in the NFL, Carr is a bust half Of the 20 sacks is on Carr the guy is clueless. The Offense is a joke and has been for the last four years. Thee only good thing about this team is the D it's always been a good one,the only reason it looks bad at times is because of the offense turning over the ball over again and again and having 3 and outs. :texflag:

Tedc
10-02-2005, 05:40 PM
I am embarrassed that you call yourself a Texan fan.

Stay home and boo the TV.

the wonger need food
10-02-2005, 05:42 PM

They deserve to be boo'ed. These guys get paid millions of dollars to do a job and they're not getting it done. If we can't fire them, we can at least boo them.

Tedc
10-02-2005, 05:45 PM
You, too.

LBC_Justin
10-02-2005, 05:52 PM
They deserve to be boo'ed. These guys get paid millions of dollars to do a job and they're not getting it done. If we can't fire them, we can at least boo them.
This reminds me of a funny story...
A line backer gets run over by a running back. The coach pulls him aside and starts chewing him out.
The Coach says "I can not believe you!!! We are paying you ONE MILLION dollars a year to tackle that guy. For the love of god tackle that guy."
the player responds, "Well coach their paying him THREE MILLION dollars a year to run me over.".
-True story, not sure who said it though.

NO reason to boo. Our offense moved the ball today in a very hostile environment and our team was far from embarassing. I don't have that same empty lost feeling I had after our losses in weeks 1 and 2.

Porky
10-02-2005, 05:53 PM
This offense is the worst in the NFL, Carr is a bust half Of the 20 sacks is on Carr the guy is clueless. The Offense is a joke and has been for the last four years. Thee only good thing about this team is the D it's always been a good one,the only reason it looks bad at times is because of the offense turning over the ball over again and again and having 3 and outs. :texflag:

I'm not sure what game you were watching today, but the Texans did not turn the ball over. (I am not counting the BS call against us), and we didn't have many three and outs. They moved the ball pretty well between the 20's today, and had one excellent drive, but you're right in that they are clearly not a good offense. Changing OC's isn't going to change that fact. We need a good #2 WR, and good 2 way TE, and some olineman....and maybe even a different QB before we get there. We also need a whole new coaching staff, as the philosphy of the HC sucks. Other than that, we are a good offense.

As to booing the offense, or any other part of the team, if they play like chicken ****, then they deserve to be booed. This notion that multi-million dollar athletes are too sensitive to hear a little critism from the people who pay for their over inflated salaries is rather humerous. :wacko:

utahmark
10-02-2005, 05:59 PM
i will say im tired of just trying to hang in there untill the 4th and trying to steal a win. when or we gonna beat the h@@@ out of someone and take a win. untill they stop trying to just play for a close game all the games will either be close or will lose big. we will never beat anyone big with that attitude.

Tedc
10-02-2005, 05:59 PM
I'm not sure what game you were watching today, but the Texans did not turn the ball over. (I am not counting the BS call against us), and we didn't have many three and outs. They moved the ball pretty well between the 20's today, and had one excellent drive, but you're right in that they are clearly not a good offense. Changing OC's isn't going to change that fact. We need a good #2 WR, and good 2 way TE, and some olineman....and maybe even a different QB before we get there. We also need a whole new coaching staff, as the philosphy of the HC sucks. Other than that, we are a good offense.

As to booing the offense, or any other part of the team, if they play like chicken ****, then they deserve to be booed. This notion that multi-million dollar athletes are too sensitive to hear a little critism from the people who pay for their over inflated salaries is rather humerous. :wacko:

The key here is they didn't play like chicken **** and he still wants to boo.

LBC_Justin
10-02-2005, 06:05 PM
i will say im tired of just trying to hang in there untill the 4th and trying to steal a win. when or we gonna beat the h@@@ out of someone and take a win. untill they stop trying to just play for a close game all the games will either be close or will lose big. we will never beat anyone big with that attitude.
Lets see we are playing against a team that is 3-0 and has absolutely destroyed every team they have played.

We are a team that hasn't won a game and have been absolutely destroyed in every game we have played.

You need to be realistic. Today shutting down the Bengals high powered offense, and having a chance to win in the final minutes of the game was a victory for this team. If we have the exact same results against the Titans and your right, i'll be frustrated too, but against the Bengals we did pretty good.

Porky
10-02-2005, 06:06 PM

Apparently you're version of chicken **** is a bit different than mine. Seven sacks and 10 points is chicken **** in my book. You can try to make Chicken Salad of of your **** if you prefer, but to me **** is ****. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still fat, and goes oink. Carson Plamer could have been in a recliner most of the day, save for a couple of snaps. Just because we went from historically terribly awful, to just plain bad, doesn't impress me as much as you I suppose. This is their 4th year. When exactly is it okay to expect to look like a real NFL team? By year 10 is it okay to expect to look like a playoff contender. Remember, these are not my words, but the owner of the team. I'm with Herv. I won't be satisfied until the entire coaching staff and front office is gone, so we can start over. :texflag:

Porky
10-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Just to add to my previous thought:

"I hope we're going to be contending for the playoffs," owner Bob McNair said. "We should be competing for the playoffs, but I can't guarantee that we'll make it, and neither can the coaches or players because it depends on a lot of things that are beyond our control.

"But based on the fact that we have a talented team and a talented coaching staff, that's our goal."

Link (http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/fb/texans/3279369)

Does this team look like a playoff contender to you?

OzzO
10-02-2005, 06:12 PM
Worst offense - currently, yes (at least overall before this game)

Half the sacks on Carr? Maybe, but we'll put you out there the first two years with 300+ guys cramming your face in the dirt and let's see what happens. It's gonna take some time to get that trust back. Besides, I saw more "smart" plays this time that the first two games.

Offense a joke the past 4 years? Did you expect the microwave quick path to the playoffs? Nice sweeping statement though. Carr being in the top half of ratings last year along with AJ's plays and DD's runs must be humorous as well.

Defense agree as been good... but didn't see many 3 and outs this go around.

Feel the frustration, but let's not go off the deep end just yet. As for booing the Texans, agree with the above - stay home and pass your tickets to someone else. It's called home field advantage for a reason... not home field whining.

Texas_Heat
10-02-2005, 06:16 PM

in 3 games:8 points a game, 198.9 total yards a game, 3.6 yards per play,7 turnovers,20 sacks,

So what is chicken **** play to you,you blind homer.

Vinny
10-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Ted's a good dude....lets get a grip people....just discuss this without getting personal. Everyone is dissapointed.

utahmark
10-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Lets see we are playing against a team that is 3-0 and has absolutely destroyed every team they have played.

We are a team that hasn't won a game and have been absolutely destroyed in every game we have played.

You need to be realistic. Today shutting down the Bengals high powered offense, and having a chance to win in the final minutes of the game was a victory for this team. If we have the exact same results against the Titans and your right, i'll be frustrated too, but against the Bengals we did pretty good.

its not a victory. its a loss. a victory and we would be 1 and 2. not 0 and 3. and we were playing the bengals not the steelers. and the bengals defense is not great. we did good to hold them to 16 points but we should of scored more. and the first step in being a good offense is going into the game trying to score. not trying to play it close.

and im not that frustrated. i think we played well. we could have won. but we need to go into games with a diff attitude. its year 4 not year one.

Coach C.
10-02-2005, 06:22 PM
The game was not horrible, but some of these guys are right the team could not get out of their own way today. I mean both sides of the ball. On offense Carr is hearing footsteps so he is not getting rid of the ball on time, and on defense other than Peek, Orr, Wong, and Dunta no one can make a tackle. The defense should really feel like they got beat today, because the offense did hold on to the ball long enough to give them some wind. I am a big fan of Carr and you saw what he could do when he gets comfortable, I just think he needs to get his confidence back up. The Bull**** call leaves me feeling cheated.

Texas_Heat
And what is their record at home the past four years,Yes I can see how not booing them has given them a great home field advantage.

Coach C.
Ted's a good dude....lets get a grip people....just discuss this without getting personal. Everyone is dissapointed.

I see what you mean from yesterday Vin.

the wonger need food
10-02-2005, 06:23 PM

They didn't? Which game were you watching? Cincinatti played horribly today and still won relatively easily.

utahmark
10-02-2005, 06:28 PM
They didn't? Which game were you watching? Cincinatti played horribly today and still won relatively easily.

they were up by 3 with 3 min left and needed a bad call to stop our drive. and oh yea, they were at home.

swisher
10-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Yes, blind homer. There are an amazing number of blind homers on here.

What's wrong with bieng a homer? I'm not a blind homer, but yes I'm a homer. It's not my job to manage this team, and I'm not a journalist. I'm a fan...and a frustrated one, yes, but I think it's my JOB as a fan to be a homer.

That's not to say that you or I can't be critical of the direction of this team, but don't tell me I can't have a little faith in this team as well. Just because I can see some bright spots does not make me blind or stupid.

Because I don't want to bench Carr, and I don't want to fire Capers does not make me less of a fan than those who do.

harley7
10-02-2005, 07:56 PM
This reminds me of a funny story...
A line backer gets run over by a running back. The coach pulls him aside and starts chewing him out.
The Coach says "I can not believe you!!! We are paying you ONE MILLION dollars a year to tackle that guy. For the love of god tackle that guy."
the player responds, "Well coach their paying him THREE MILLION dollars a year to run me over.".
-True story, not sure who said it though.

NO reason to boo. Our offense moved the ball today in a very hostile environment and our team was far from embarassing. I don't have that same empty lost feeling I had after our losses in weeks 1 and 2.

I agree completely. Their end drive got screwed by some crummy officiating but they played a tough game of football today. Get'em next week Texans! David does need to learn when to unload the ball but again they played the unbeaten Bengals tough. I bet Houston beats up on the Titans.

10-02-2005, 07:58 PM
We've played our best game this year (Not saying all that much). I feel a bit better about the team, but we're still 0-3.

Texan Gal 312
10-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Sure our offense has not done well but our defense is equally responsible. The offense put together a great 90 yard touchdown drive. On the Bengals next possession, where was our aggressive dominating defense ?
Playing crummy soft zone defense. Sure Cincinnati didn't score because they kept shooting themselves in the foot but in was an eternity before our offense ever got the ball back. I think that might have been our only possession in the third quarter. Do our outside linebackers know anything besides a speed rush to the outside ? Can they try something different more than once a game. If you think our offense is bland and perdictable try watching our defense. The plan was for defense to be dominating not always holding on for dear life.

Bubbajwp
10-02-2005, 08:11 PM
If you seriously think there is a better option at QB for the Texans than DC explain. Go ahead. If you say ragone or banks im going to laugh in you face. If you know of a team that would trade us there star QB tell me.
Secondly if you didnt already know the TEXANS OFFENSE IS SUPPOSE TO RUN THE BALL AND CONTROL THE CLOCK!(which they dont do)
If you consider Carr a bust then you must also consider Andre Johnson a bust. Remember their is two sides to every story. You can blame our poor running game on our passing game and you can blame our poor passing on our poor running. You can say the reason AJ has had bad numbers this year is because Carr is a terrible QB or you can say Carr looks like a bad QB because his Star WR cant get open or catch the ball. Also blaming our offense for our defense looking bad is crazy. If our defense could get some pressure on the QB and force some turnovers (0 turnovers this year) it could and would make our offense look better. You can call me a homer I can say your not a true fan. :texflag:

CowboysTexansFan
10-02-2005, 08:16 PM
I was pleased with the way the team played. I thought the players showed a lot of heart even though they came up short. The team was in the game all the way and might have won without the bad call.

It is clear we need a major upgrade in talent on defense, on the O-Line and at receiver, but Carr showed me something today. I'd like to see what he can do with more help.

I loved the way Mathis returned kicks and hope he can continue to learn his trade as a receiver. With his speed, he would scare the ***** out of opposing cornerbacks.

I'm not going to boo at the Titans game if the team plays as well as it did today.

touttail
10-02-2005, 08:18 PM
The Bull**** call leaves me feeling cheated.`

we will never know the outcome of that missed call. A shame that 1 stinking Ref can pull the rug out from under you. It's one thing to get your butt kicked and lose, it's another for a Ref to take it away. It left a big pit in my stomach. I quit watching the game then from being so upset!
How can you not call it a forward pass that your arm was NOT going forward when the ball hits an upfield lineman???
Way to go you "Dagwood Refs"!!!!!!!!!

bobby 119C :fans:

touttail
10-02-2005, 08:20 PM
The game was not horrible, but some of these guys are right the team could not get out of their own way today. I mean both sides of the ball. On offense Carr is hearing footsteps so he is not getting rid of the ball on time, and on defense other than Peek, Orr, Wong, and Dunta no one can make a tackle. The defense should really feel like they got beat today, because the offense did hold on to the ball long enough to give them some wind. I am a big fan of Carr and you saw what he could do when he gets comfortable, I just think he needs to get his confidence back up. The Bull**** call leaves me feeling cheated.

Coach C your opinion.

The first series the offense had Carr rolling out twice and hitting recievers downfield for good yardage. Never saw another roll out after the first quarter. Why abandon something that works? I'm dumbfounded!

bobby 119C :texflag:

touttail
10-02-2005, 08:22 PM

I agree! Me too TedC!

bobby 119C :texans:

Porky
10-02-2005, 08:44 PM
The Texans Played A Great Ball Game Today, This Is Amazing!

Well, if nothing else, this place is good for a cheap laugh. :yahoo:

PapaL
10-02-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm glad this version of our team came out. If the team that had taken the field the last 3 regular season games had come out, it would be a different story. They played a good close game. Handling losing is one thing, handling loses like the last 2 weeks is unacceptable. Players should remember those whoopings and come out fired up the rest of the year. Players watch the news also, they know they're the laughing stocks of the NFL right now.

LBC_Justin
10-02-2005, 10:42 PM
What's wrong with bieng a homer? I'm not a blind homer, but yes I'm a homer. It's not my job to manage this team, and I'm not a journalist. I'm a fan...and a frustrated one, yes, but I think it's my JOB as a fan to be a homer.

That's not to say that you or I can't be critical of the direction of this team, but don't tell me I can't have a little faith in this team as well. Just because I can see some bright spots does not make me blind or stupid.

Because I don't want to bench Carr, and I don't want to fire Capers does not make me less of a fan than those who do.can I get an AMEN!

good post.

Huge
10-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Yeah, good idea to boo the team as they take the field. Let Bud know he made the right move by getting out of town.

Texas_Heat
10-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Looks like just another duffus with his head up his backside.

:ok: I guess you homers are right the Team has a great Offense and Carr is A
Great QB , Man I can see it now this team is on the right track a winning season (8-8 or 9-7) here We come :yahoo: :whoohoo:

:rolleyes:
This Team will be lucky if it goes 6-10

Bubbajwp
10-02-2005, 11:02 PM
:ok: I guess you homers are right the Team has a great Offense and Carr is A
Great QB , Man I can see it now this team is on the right track a winning season (8-8 or 9-7) here We come :yahoo: :whoohoo:

:rolleyes:
This Team will be lucky if it goes 6-10
What makes all of you think us homers think Carr is great. I dont think he is great I just think its ludicrous to blame Carr for our offensive woes. Am I wrong if so explain.

Texans Pride
10-02-2005, 11:03 PM
You have to consider the offense is playing under a new offensive coordinator and are one week under his direction. That being said, I think the offense came out and looked much different today than they have in the past. The protection on Carr is still horrible and I don't think that is going to get any better until we get new players on that line.

1. I think Carr did much better today and didn't look nearly as confused as he has in the last two weeks. He also looked more poised and in control. I am curious to know who will be responsible for all the sacks, and more specifically, how many Carr is responsible for.

2. Gaffney was a ray of hope for a second wide out. Every time they threw to him he was reliable (I can't remember any drops by him, but that doesn't mean there weren't any.)

3. Johnson still needs to be involved more in the passing game. He is a pro receiver and should be more noticeable in our offense.

4. I have never been impressed with our Defense. The Chronicle had a great article about the defense just being "so-so" and I happen to agree with the article fully. I believe it is time for Fangio to start hanging out with Chris Palmer...Somewhere other than this team. It doesn't matter who we play, the opposing teams quarterback seems to have ALL DAY to pass, and we just can't get anywhere near him. We seem to do well against the run, but can't defend the pass to save our life.

Today we lost, just like we have both games before this one, however, I do think we played better, I wasn't angry when the game was over. I'm not sure if I am getting used to losing or if it's because I am hopeful from what I saw.

Texas_Heat
10-02-2005, 11:08 PM
That's the point most of the homers think Carr is not to blame at all,they blame
the line.

Bubbajwp
10-02-2005, 11:09 PM
That's the point most of the homers think Carr is not to blame at all,they blame
the line.
No your wrong we dont think carr is not to blame. We think everybody is equaly to blame

CajunTexan
10-02-2005, 11:11 PM
I lived in H-town when Bud took his Oilers to Tennessee. I hoped and prayed as all of you did that the NFL would award the town the franchise over LA. I watched as the team was born, uni's introduced, first draft etc. etc. I have remained a Texan fan, even though most of my life I pulled for either the Packers, Cowboys or Saints since I have been transferred from H-town to Lake Charles and eventually Shreveport.

I came on this board to try and keep up with the team and trade smack with other fans, but this droll from Texas Heat has made me vomit on my brand new computer. You know, must of you guys and gals are good fans, but I can not let my mind be filled with such negative **** as that ****.

I am sure I will check in from time to time, but this is ridiculous!!!!!!

GO TEXANS!!!!!! :brickwall :texflag: I AM OUT

Texas_Heat
10-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Ok and I think Carr is to blame it's not the line stopping him from throwing the ball away are running out of bounds.Carr just waits to get sacked half the time.

Bubbajwp
10-02-2005, 11:14 PM
Ok and I think Carr is to blame it's not the line stopping him from throwing the ball away are running out of bounds.Carr just waits to get sacked half the time.
Carr has been sacked over twenty times this season. Three times he ran out of bounds. These numbers dont support what your saying.

Texans Pride
10-02-2005, 11:15 PM
the line.

Heat, you must have never read a single post I have ever made on this board if you think I am a Homer.

Bubbajwp
10-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Heat, you must have never read a single post I have ever made on this board if you think I am a Homer.
I think he was talking to me.

Texas_Heat
10-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Half of them are because Him does not Throw the ball away and just stands there waiting to get sacked,like he did on the last play of the game.

Bubbajwp
10-02-2005, 11:19 PM
Half of them are because Him does not Throw the ball away and just stands there waiting to get sacked,like he did on the last play of the game.
So you wanted him to throw the ball away on the last play. :confused:

Texas_Heat
10-02-2005, 11:21 PM
No I wanted him to throw the ball not just stand there..

Bubbajwp
10-02-2005, 11:21 PM
If he threw the ball away every time he was getting pressured he would have zero completions.
You make it sound so easy. Yet the best smartest QB's in the league still get sacked.

Texas_Heat
10-02-2005, 11:24 PM
I have never seen a good QB get sacked the way he has.

Bubbajwp
10-02-2005, 11:25 PM
No I wanted him to throw the ball not just stand there..
Your right he should have thrown the ball.
But think about it he could become a free agent at the end of the year. If im him im going to start worrying about myself. The way this season is going he probably doesnt think he is going to be a Texan next year so why take a chance at throwing a interception and making your stats look bad. I dont know how professional athletes think. But it seems like they think about money like most people.

Texas_Heat
10-02-2005, 11:30 PM
If he is doing that then it's time to CUT him, I'm to the point that if they sweep the Titans again this year and that's the only games they win I will be happy.

Bubbajwp
10-02-2005, 11:32 PM
If he is doing that then it's time to CUT him, I'm to the point that if they sweep the Titans again this year and that's the only games they win I will be happy.
I dont know it was just a theory.
Can we please have one against the colts to.

Texas_Heat
10-02-2005, 11:34 PM
I wish but I don't think it going to happen.

Bubbajwp
10-02-2005, 11:35 PM
I wish but I don't think it going to happen.
It could happen
:pigfly:

CajunTexan
10-02-2005, 11:47 PM

Heat...I wiped the vomit off my keyboard just long enough to address this post, as it shows how absolutely little you know of what you type.

On the last ply of the game, the Texans were on THEIR 40 yard line. Lets see 100-40=60 yards, am I moving to fast for you? In perfect conditions, a world class sprinter would take 4.5 seconds to cover 40 yards. So for a fully dressed NFL receiver to get to the 20 or so, at which point the QB would need to heave the ball for it to arrive in the endzone at or about the same time they do, it would take 5-6 seconds. Carr dropped back moved up and to his right to try and buy the time for his receivers to get down field and as he did he was tripped up by a lineman. Hardly as your post described it!!!! :brickwall :crying:

Texas_Heat
10-03-2005, 12:06 AM
:ok: you're right the QB gets sacked all the time on a Hail Mary Play,I don't know why Teams run that play it takes forever for the receivers to get down the field. :rolleyes:

HoustonFan
10-03-2005, 12:40 AM
I can't beleive you would suggest booing the team. Man, this is Houston. I'm upset about where they are right now, but I still support them. It's happened to the Rockets, Comets, Astros, etc. where they have played so bad you probably stressed out, but when things came together it was all good. This team has potential.

I wonder how Tennessee fans are responding to the Titans right now... :hmmm: It has been down hill for them ever since that 1 yard Superbowl loss back in 2000. Anyway, support the team and don't be no bandwagon fan when things actually pick up, they become contenders, make the playoffs, win the AFC, and go on to win the Superbowl. It could happen.

GO TEXANS!!!!! :texans:

HJam72
10-03-2005, 12:48 AM
It has been down hill for them ever since that 1 yard Superbowl loss back in 2000.

lol: That's the best they'll ever do.

YellerLotYeller
10-03-2005, 01:05 AM

Very well stated!

If you are that upset about the play of the Texans that you want to boo them, I have a better idea. Take your tix and sell them.
That's the best way to stick it to McNair. Even better dont sell them and just dont go.. I could always use the extra leg room.haha :texflag:

Crank_It_Up
10-03-2005, 03:50 AM
This offense is the worst in the NFL, Carr is a bust half Of the 20 sacks is on Carr the guy is clueless. The Offense is a joke and has been for the last four years. Thee only good thing about this team is the D it's always been a good one,the only reason it looks bad at times is because of the offense turning over the ball over again and again and having 3 and outs. :texflag:If you feel like booing the offense next week against the Titans, you're timing could not be worse. If there is any team we need to beat (besides the Cowgirls) it's Bud's traitors. I don't care how they've played so far, I wouldn't care if they put on skirts and hung out in Montrose. Nothing will keep me from screaming my lungs out next week.

Go Texans!

By the way, I was very happy to see the way the Texans played against the Bungles today. Hard hitting, emotional, plenty of heart, definitely a step in the right direction.

Boo the offense? Nope, not next week!

Go Texans!

Victory against the Traitors, I can feel it :)

touttail
10-03-2005, 04:53 AM
You know its funny how every time you ask some body who they think we should start instead of carr. They never reply.

Bubba I never answer because I feel besides Carr, we have no one that should be a starter! I haven't slammed Carr, I always said, if you had both mannings back there at the same time with the same protection, neither could get the ball to a reciever! Hell BStarr or JUnitas couldn't pass for running for their lives.

bobby 119C :brickwall

aj.
10-03-2005, 07:58 AM
No moral victories. This loss was unacceptable and being competitive isnít good enough. This is Year 4, not Year 1.

Some things were better yesterday but a lot of the things were the same old same old.

Seven sacks is seven sacks, regardless of whose fault it is. Whether itís protection schemes or lack of talent on the line, or receivers that canít get open, or lack of pocket sense by the quarterback, the Texans offense isnít going anywhere but to the bottom of the stat pile unless they can score more than one TD per game and fix that little something that helped get Chris Palmer fired.

The epitome of frustration for Texans fans - aside from watching Carr take sacks - is watching the Texans defense playing on their heels. In what seems to be a recurring problem, on a Bengals 3rd and 8 at 6:58 of the 3rd quarter, the Texans dropped 7 players into coverage and just like so many times this season, the opponentís receiver, Chris Henry in this case, found a soft spot between four Texans defenders who end up looking at each other as if to say ďI though you had him.Ē Nineteen yards -- first down Bengals. Momentum killer.

As far as the Texans getting screwed by the refs on the upheld fumble call, the Texans have scored points on only 4 of 28 (14%) of their drives this season so with barely more than a one in ten chance of scoring on any particular drive, why would anyone think the Texans were going to go the length of the field for the win? Forgive my pessimism but it's being caused by what I see on the field.

I don't boo the home team but that's just me. I have other venues to vent my frustration - like message boards.

Vinny
10-03-2005, 08:24 AM
Good post.

1 TD in the game with 179 yards passing and 91 yards on the ground by the backs would be considered a bad day by most NFL teams. The defense bent but didn't break much but they had the same ongoing unresolved issues as well.

HJam72
10-03-2005, 08:39 AM
No moral victories. This loss was unacceptable and being competitive isnít good enough. This is Year 4, not Year 1.

Some things were better yesterday but a lot of the things were the same old same old.

Seven sacks is seven sacks, regardless of whose fault it is. Whether itís protection schemes or lack of talent on the line, or receivers that canít get open, or lack of pocket sense by the quarterback, the Texans offense isnít going anywhere but to the bottom of the stat pile unless they can score more than one TD per game and fix that little something that helped get Chris Palmer fired.

The epitome of frustration for Texans fans - aside from watching Carr take sacks - is watching the Texans defense playing on their heels. In what seems to be a recurring problem, on a Bengals 3rd and 8 at 6:58 of the 3rd quarter, the Texans dropped 7 players into coverage and just like so many times this season, the opponentís receiver, Chris Henry in this case, found a soft spot between four Texans defenders who end up looking at each other as if to say ďI though you had him.Ē Nineteen yards -- first down Bengals. Momentum killer.

As far as the Texans getting screwed by the refs on the upheld fumble call, the Texans have scored points on only 4 of 28 (14%) of their drives this season so with barely more than a one in ten chance of scoring on any particular drive, why would anyone think the Texans were going to go the length of the field for the win? Forgive my pessimism but it's being caused by what I see on the field.

I don't boo the home team but that's just me. I have other venues to vent my frustration - like message boards.

This is a great post. I can't be happy with a team that allows 7 sacks in a game. It doesn't matter how bad a call or two were, they allowed 7 sacks.

3rd and 8 is when I'd be most likely to blitz the most players. I've always hated anything remotely close to a prevent defense. You don't have to worry about receivers if you put the QB on his back and the amount of time he has to throw is directly proportionate to how well he will do. IMO, if you have to use zone coverage, you need better players. I want a team with corners who say, "Leave him to me. He's done. You go hurt the QB." I think we have ONE of them.

Demon
10-03-2005, 08:51 AM
We got nowhere to go but UP!!!!!!

Go Texans! I luv my team :texflag:

chuckm
10-03-2005, 09:06 AM

:loser

Texans_Chick
10-03-2005, 11:00 AM

Agreed.

If booing helped, I'd be the first one doing it. I've never heard a logical reason why someone thinks that booing helps athletic performance. I guess it may be emotionally satisfying to trash the team in person, but what makes you any different than fans of the opposing team?

The team needs its real fans now. When they are struggling. It is easy to be a fan when a team has everything going right.

There are things that are going poorly for the team. And things that are going better. This is not hopeless. We have a great stadium, an owner who is not cheap and has class, and a city full of people who love football. Eventually, with more years to gain depth and experience and tradition, I believe the Texans have a good situation to have future success. (Compare and contrast with Arizona, for example).

If you want to just be a bandwagon fan, I suggest taking the boring drive up I-45.

I am not suggesting folks not have opinions about the team, often strong opinions, but my parents didn't raise me to boo the home team. Ever. Go up to Philly and boo Santa if you want to lose your southern manners.

Because I don't want to bench Carr, and I don't want to fire Capers does not make me less of a fan than those who do.

Just wanted to add that I like this post too. I like reading reality oriented posts--the reality is that even if you don't like Capers or Carr, playing off with their heads after 3rd game of the season isn't likely to result in anything positive happening.

As an aside, some of the stuff on the message board that I read make me think of the Bud Light Real Men of Genius commercials. You know.....

So crack open an Ice Cold Bud Light, Mr. Preposterous Trade Suggester.......

<dang it, I can't get that song out of my head> :homer:

Texas_Heat
10-03-2005, 06:25 PM
Lets see they boo their teams in Philadelphia, Boston, New York, Washington, And many more when their teams are playing horrible, Houston is the only place that have fans that think you should never boo the team because they may feel bad about the fans booing them. The players donít care if you cheer are boo all they care about is their paycheck, when you boo you are sending a message to the owner not the me only players.

Tedc
10-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Lets see they boo their teams in Philadelphia, Boston, New York, Washington, And many more when their teams are playing horrible, Houston is the only place that have fans that think you should never boo the team because they may feel bad about the fans booing them. The players donít care if you cheer are boo all they care about is their paycheck, when you boo you are sending a message to the owner not the me only players.

We have more class than Boston, New York, Washington and Philly. Besides, we would never beat up Santa Claus or boo the Easter Bunny.

Why don't you move there? You may like it more.

FILO_girl
10-03-2005, 06:45 PM
in 3 games:8 points a game, 198.9 total yards a game, 3.6 yards per play,7 turnovers,20 sacks,

So what is chicken **** play to you,you blind homer.

No need to get personal here.

The fact remains that fans don't BOO their team, regardless if they are in a bad way or not. Either roll with the punches with us, or find another team to boo.
Its your choice.

Double Barrel
10-03-2005, 07:00 PM
I have never seen a good QB get sacked the way he has.

Daunte Culpepper was sacked 9 times yesterday.

Bongo59
10-03-2005, 07:26 PM
..........as bad as we are i think you guys are going to have a hard time blocking our DL...............

the wonger need food
10-03-2005, 07:34 PM
The fact remains that fans don't BOO their team, regardless if they are in a bad way or not. Either roll with the punches with us, or find another team to boo.
Its your choice.

Boo these million dollar babies all you like. They are highly paid professionals who are not doing their jobs and deserve to be boo'ed. If any of us were performing like they are we would be put on notice or removed from our positions. The same rules should apply.

Kaiser Toro
10-03-2005, 07:42 PM
I will bring out my boo horn if it is 97 degrees and that friggin roof is open again.

Texans_Chick
10-03-2005, 07:54 PM

I am not sure what you are saying with this. I think Bob McNair would have to be Captain Oblivious not know when things aren't going well.

A play in one act.

Reliant Stadium: (mumble mumble, we are on offense crowd trying to stay quiet but its hard. Carr takes the snap, heaves it down field, hits Jabar Gaffney in the back of the elbow)

Bob McNair: "Wow, what a great play!"

Some of the grumpy people in the crowd: "Booooooo. Boooo. Hissss. Grumble. Various profanity words, especially the yummy choice ones, but the boos are mostly the audible things."

Bob McNair: "Hmmmm, booing???? Booing?? Maybe that wasn't a good play. I will hire Jimmy Johnson in time to coach the third game, fire Gaff right away--there is no WAY he can catch the ball, let's trade for Phillip Rivers, and is that Tex Schramm guy available to GM for me??? Thank goodness people are booing or else I wouldn't know what to do."

S.o.t.g.p.i.t.c.: "Boooooooo."

Jabar Gaffney: "Hey, I just got paid for not catching that ball! What a country! I am so happy!"

Dunta Robinson to self: "What a great place to play! They care so much they boo a guy when he knows he messes up. Oh wait, I'm not thinking about this, I am thinking of counting my money."

The Texans team to self: "Countin our money, countin our money, we are happy cuz we're counting our money."

Dom Capers: (mouth agape, writes down, "Crowding booing, something bad must have happened.")

The End.

eriadoc
10-05-2005, 07:17 AM
Apparently you're version of chicken **** is a bit different than mine. Seven sacks and 10 points is chicken **** in my book. You can try to make Chicken Salad of of your **** if you prefer, but to me **** is ****. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still fat, and goes oink. Carson Plamer could have been in a recliner most of the day, save for a couple of snaps. Just because we went from historically terribly awful, to just plain bad, doesn't impress me as much as you I suppose. This is their 4th year. When exactly is it okay to expect to look like a real NFL team? By year 10 is it okay to expect to look like a playoff contender. Remember, these are not my words, but the owner of the team. I'm with Herv. I won't be satisfied until the entire coaching staff and front office is gone, so we can start over.

Well, we all know that's not going to happen mid-season, so there's just no reason to continue beating that dead horse. If you're going to boo regardless, why bother tormenting yourself? The Astros are in the playoffs .... take a break. Not intending to be mean or disrespectful at all, it's just that encouraging people to boo when you have conceded that you you won't be happy this season just means it's a boo-fest all season. This team sucks - we all know it. Try and take something positive from the games or don't give yourself heartburn. IMO, the boos should be reserved for when the team is going backwards - like week 1&2.

Huge
10-05-2005, 08:17 AM
Boo these million dollar babies all you like. They are highly paid professionals who are not doing their jobs and deserve to be boo'ed. If any of us were performing like they are we would be put on notice or removed from our positions. The same rules should apply.
Would you kindly post your place of employment so that I may drop in from time to time and cast some boos down on you?

STL_Titan
10-05-2005, 08:23 AM
Unbelievable! :thumbdown

the wonger need food
10-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Would you kindly post your place of employment so that I may drop in from time to time and cast some boos down on you?

I don't deserve to get boo'ed... I do my job. Thanks for asking though.

LBblitz
10-05-2005, 11:22 AM
I have one question...why would you spend so much money and waste time just to go to a game and boo your team? Does that seam logical? Does it make sense? I mean seriously, dont you have more important things to do in life than get angry at other people? Anybody that goes to the game just to boo the team is being completely selfish because there is a lot of fans like me that dont have the luxury of living close enough to houston to watch every game in person and want nothing more to cheer their team on no matter what the outcome. On top of that, if you do began to boo at the game, think about all the people around you. Your obnoxious behavior is getting on their nerves more than the team because they have to sit next to you.

Huge
10-05-2005, 11:29 AM
I don't deserve to get boo'ed... I do my job. Thanks for asking though.
How can you be so sure that you're doing your job to the standards that are expected of you? Are you the highest paid (insert name of occupation here) there is because you are flawless?

the wonger need food
10-05-2005, 11:44 AM
How can you be so sure that you're doing your job to the standards that are expected of you? Are you the highest paid (insert name of occupation here) there is because you are flawless?

Because I don't get written-up, demoted or fired.. which would be the equivalent of getting boo'ed as a football player.

No one is flawless, but to make the same mistakes over and over, year after year, is inexcusable.

touttail
10-05-2005, 12:31 PM
Let's boo Butt Adams for running out of Houston like a yellow dawg, not the Texans! What a :homer: he is!

bobby 119C :texflag:

Texans_Chick
10-05-2005, 12:45 PM
Because I don't get written-up, demoted or fired.. which would be the equivalent of getting boo'ed as a football player.

No one is flawless, but to make the same mistakes over and over, year after year, is inexcusable.

Most people make mistakes on their jobs. Sometimes those mistakes get noticed, sometimes they don't. Unless, I guess, you have a boss that is watching you every minute of the day and then has tape to watch your performance later, and in slow motion. On the football field, it is hard to hide your mistakes. And only have a few games to prove your worth.

I guess you liked booing the Astros earlier this season. (Go Astros, 15 more minutes!)

BTW, nice to have a job where your boss doesn't mind if you goof around on the Texans message board all the time. :texflag:

The Texans Chick
(Able to goof off on the Texans message board without boss troubles. :) ).

Huge
10-05-2005, 03:20 PM

I would think the equivalent of a football player getting demoted or fired would be that they got demoted or fired (yes, this happens in the sports world). But of course those decisions are decided by management...not outside parties that aren't qualified to make those decisions.

Which leads me back to my original request: Please, post your place of employment so that I may drop in from time to time to boo you.

It's no different than you showing up at the Texans' players place of business and booing them.

Double Barrel
10-05-2005, 04:08 PM
I have one question...why would you spend so much money and waste time just to go to a game and boo your team? Does that seam logical? Does it make sense? I mean seriously, dont you have more important things to do in life than get angry at other people?

Good post, man. :thumbup

But remember, it's not just a game.

It's a game that many people live vicariously through. :cool:

Well, I think every team has their diehard fans, and they also have their fairweather fans. (Then you have that other class, the part time fan - aka. bandwagon fans). I suppose some teams have higher percentages of each kind of fan. (Texans probably at 30/50/20 - diehard/fairweather/bandwagon)

:texflag:

the wonger need food
10-05-2005, 04:17 PM
Most people make mistakes on their jobs. Sometimes those mistakes get noticed, sometimes they don't. Unless, I guess, you have a boss that is watching you every minute of the day and then has tape to watch your performance later, and in slow motion. On the football field, it is hard to hide your mistakes. And only have a few games to prove your worth.

I guess you liked booing the Astros earlier this season. (Go Astros, 15 more minutes!)

BTW, nice to have a job where your boss doesn't mind if you goof around on the Texans message board all the time. :texflag:

The Texans Chick
(Able to goof off on the Texans message board without boss troubles. :) ).

If people make the same mistakes at their job over and over again, year after year (like this organization has) it is going to get noticed. And they will almost certainly be fired.

I don't follow baseball anymore... they lost me after the whole strike thing in '94.

I'm in a position that allows me to goof around on this message board all day. And yes, it is nice.

LBblitz
10-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Good post, man. :thumbup

But remember, it's not just a game.

:texflag:
dont get me wrong (I grew up in a small texas town where football is a religion: 14 of 15 straight playoff appearances and the 7th best record in the 90's 1A-5A) I love this game. but to completely write off a season like some people have is just ridiculous. I was just venting because I only went to two games last year and probably cant this year because of school and I hear of people going just to BOO! I find that selfish. We are fans...most of us anyways...lets at least show some support.

Bubbajwp
10-05-2005, 06:05 PM

Just a guess but Im betting you dont have millions of people watching you to make sure you dont mess up.