Marcus
10-02-2005, 12:45 PM
He just said that on NFL Today.

"A sack machine waiting to happen."

"I'll even take Jeff George over David Carr"

Oh man!

tiger06
10-02-2005, 12:51 PM
I heard that and my jaw dropped. Shouldn't be surprised coming from his horse mouth.

AndreJ
10-02-2005, 01:00 PM
I'm kind of glad he said it, maybe Carr will finally ge the message that he needs to step up or he'll be gone...hopefully he can take something like that and use it as motivation.

Texans Pride
10-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Hey until our team can start playing like an NFL team...including our quarterback, the media can say whatever they want about them.

HomeBred_Texan
10-02-2005, 01:07 PM
2 announcers I can't stand, Sharpe and the ***** from Dallas, Irwin......
Neither one has any business in the pre-game shows....

NFLforher
10-02-2005, 01:16 PM

True....very true. Both are *****s.

Speedy
10-02-2005, 02:00 PM
I'll take Mr. Ed over Shannon Sharpe.

Elite
10-02-2005, 02:19 PM

Oh man!

the way he has been playing can yall blame sharpe for saying that.

jmlockett
10-02-2005, 03:55 PM
I would take HR PUFF & STUFF

rmartin65
10-02-2005, 03:58 PM
that is such bs

SheTexan
10-02-2005, 05:07 PM

I totally agree!! I make good use of my remote when those *****s come on!

the wonger need food
10-02-2005, 05:10 PM

The truth hurts. Carr is regressing rapidly.

Tedc
10-02-2005, 05:23 PM
The truth hurts. Carr is regressing rapidly.

How did he regress? Are you living in the past?

Do me a favor and watch the game once in a while.

the wonger need food
10-02-2005, 05:23 PM
He improved from the first 2 games. He did not regress in this game. ****ING *****

Maybe he didn't regress, but he isn't getting better. Sure, he threw balls out of bounds instead of taking sacks. Sure he had a few more yards.

But he makes the same mistakes over and over again and then adds new ones. Running into sacks on the 3rd to last series. Fumbling on the second to last series (I know... it was the refs fault). The two throws underneath to Davis on the last drive with no timeouts left.

If anyone on this board thinks that the guy in any way resembles a franchise quality QB (i.e. Manning, Brady, Palmer, etc.) they are highly delusional. He is a below average backup at this point.

Tedc
10-02-2005, 05:25 PM
Maybe he didn't regress, but he isn't getting better. Sure, he threw balls out of bounds instead of taking sacks. Sure he had a few more yards.

But he makes the same mistakes over and over again and then adds new ones. Running into sacks on the 3rd to last series. Fumbling on the second to last series (I know... it was the refs fault). The two throws underneath to Davis on the last drive with no timeouts left.

If anyone on this board thinks that the guy in any way resembles a franchise quality QB (i.e. Manning, Brady, Palmer, etc.) they are highly delusional. He is a below average backup at this point.

Do you really think Carr calls the plays?

HardCoreTxn
10-02-2005, 05:26 PM
Sharpe is a joke as an announcer, not only dead air, but I could hardly make out what he was sayin when he was calling the highlights for the other games.

the wonger need food
10-02-2005, 05:28 PM
Do you really think Carr calls the plays?

I know he doesn't. What's your point?

Do you think that Davis was the primary receiver on those plays??? He is the outlet. There was no reason to throw those two passes. Just more bone-headed mistakes by Big Dave.

Peldon
10-02-2005, 05:34 PM
The problem is that there shouldn't have been a dumpoff reciever on those plays. He should have either been blocking or running a streak down the field. It was a bad play call to have anyone there as a dump off reciever. Yes Carr shouldn't have thrown it to him, but he also shouldn't have even been there to have it thrown to him.

Marcus
10-02-2005, 05:46 PM
You gotta admit this though.

If, after 4 years, you're not doing very well if some national NFL commentator, whoever that might be, is comparing you to the biggest bust in NFL history.

And his option year is this year. :hmmm:

utahmark
10-02-2005, 05:46 PM
he should of thrown it at his feet.

Elite
10-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Well i think sharpe irritating but the man knows football he is a first ballot Hall Of Famer so i recpect his opinion and Quite Frankly i dont think its to far Fetch.

Spacyj17
10-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Sharpe's comment was an ignorant statement made to entertain people rather than provide insight. I haven't been able to see the first two games of the season, but I thought Carr did well with the ball when he wasn't having to run for his life because of a faulty line. A quarterback can't be too successful trying to throw while on his back... :texflag:

Marcus
10-02-2005, 07:21 PM
A quarterback can't be too successful trying to throw while on his back... :texflag:

I swallowed that excuse, hook, line, and sinker, for the first 3 years. But this year, Carr ain't allowed to use the the OL for a crutch anymore.

This is the option year of his contract. He either steps it up, or he goes out the door with the coaching staff.

Scooter
10-02-2005, 07:28 PM
I swallowed that excuse, hook, line, and sinker, for the first 3 years. But this year, Carr ain't allowed to use the the OL for a crutch anymore.

This is the option year of his contract. He either steps it up, or he goes out the door with the coaching staff.

carr's got a whole lot of blame to take, but please dont pretend that our line isnt the worst in the league.

Fldvldog
10-02-2005, 07:31 PM
...but please dont pretend that our line isnt the worst in the league.

I don't know...The Jags O-Line is right there alongside the texans'...

CowboysTexansFan
10-02-2005, 08:04 PM
Sharpe's comment was incredibly stupid, but not surprising. I could hardly understand half the gibberish coming out of his mouth while he was trying to narrate the highlights at halftime. He was a great player, but is atrocious as a commentator.

I was quite down on Carr after the first two games, but he showed me a lot today. Obviously the team needs a lot of help, but if Carr continues to play like he did today, I think there's still hope for him. I'd very much like for him to do well, because the team has so much invested in him and I'd hate to have to use another high #1 pick on a QB. I'd like to see what Carr can do behind a solid O-Line and a legitimate #2 receiver.

Honoring Earl 34
10-02-2005, 08:04 PM
:texflag: Hulk I would 'nt use great to describe your nephew .

touttail
10-02-2005, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE=
If anyone on this board thinks that the guy in any way resembles a franchise quality QB (i.e. Manning, Brady, Palmer, etc.) they are highly delusional. He is a below average backup at this point.[/QUOTE]

I know-I know this is beating a dead horse, but damn, get a clue. Did any of you see how much time Palmer had in his pocket to get a pass off??? Both Mannings could have pitched a tent in their pockets. If we don't get Carr some pass protection he will never be worth a hoot. One time he had several seconds standing in the pocket, he connected. I told my wife, see if they give him time to throw, he can do it!

bobby 119C :deadhorse

the wonger need food
10-02-2005, 08:14 PM
This is a great QB, dropped into a "DEN OF LIONS".

Take'em off dude... you know what I'm talking about.

Just so you know... Joe Montana was a great QB. John Elway was a great QB. Brett Favre is/was a great QB. Peyton Manning is a great QB.

David Carr has a long, long way to go before he is known as great. And right now he is a lot closer to the other end of the spectrum (as in terrible).

Elite
10-02-2005, 08:23 PM
92.9 , 97.6 QB ratings after 2 games, Funny how Shannon Sharpe stuck up for the guy after the game.

Looks like he is getting better to me, ***.

Wow what a great passer Rating you think we would of won one of those games may be he could of led us to victory realise that rating come from weak Check down passes like i said before David could be the worst statistical QB in as long as he leads a team to victory or doesnt cost the team a Game ill be happy but he cant do either. :texflag:

the wonger need food
10-02-2005, 08:24 PM
:fishing: I threw that in there on purpose just to see what you would say Wonger, which proves that you look for the negative in everything.

I look for the positive, it's just hard to find with this team.

Oh wait... Kris Brown kicked the ball well today.

the wonger need food
10-02-2005, 08:28 PM
NO you look for the negative. I have put up with your negativity since last year. Even after we beat the Jags and Bears last year.

I think there's an ignore feature. Can one of the Mod's help Brando out with that?

Huge
10-02-2005, 08:32 PM
I look for the positive, it's just hard to find with this team.

Actually, it's not. But I can understand how it might be for you.

Did you see Jabar Gaffney's play today? I'm betting you did. But I also bet you didn't recognize it as a positive.

Did you see Chad Johnson's performance? I'm betting you did. But I also bet you didn't correlate his lack of production with a solid performance from the secondary.

The Bengals had been averaging almost 30 points per game. They scored just over half that today. But that's not a positive because they played their worst game of the season (and the Texans had nothing to do with that).

Did you see the pressure that was being put on Palmer today? 'Course not...you only saw that the Texans registered 2 sacks. Every other pass attempt Palmer was watching the grass grow while his WRs were running amok.

Elite
10-02-2005, 08:34 PM
About the only possitive was our Defense Our Offense still aint worth a Lick

run-david-run
10-02-2005, 08:40 PM
Guy has a QB rating close to 100 the last two games and that is still not good enough! Why can't you people understand this is the way Pendry and Capers want Carr to play? I guarantee you if before the game you offer 170 yds, 1td and no interceptions they would have taken it! Could it maybe be that this is all that is available? What do you want him to do if the recivers are covered? Our ofense is a product of the system, not the QB. Until we get a decent line, we wont be able to light up the sky like Indy and Philly because we do not have the talent on the O-line, simple as that. Carr led the team, he is our leader (see 3rd and 10 right before the "fumble") and if not for getting robbed by the refs, I believe he would have lead us downfield for a field goal or a game winning touchdown.

texan767
10-02-2005, 08:41 PM
On the last series, what the hell was he doing, throwing short passes & to the middle of the field, yet!
Also, last play of the game-you just can't get sacked here, hasn't he ever heard of the hail mary?

Bubbajwp
10-02-2005, 09:01 PM

Your right we cant use that excuse anymore because our oline is so much better now. :ok:

Bubbajwp
10-02-2005, 09:25 PM
David Kar IS NOT PLAYING WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is a #1 draft choice making ALOT of money..... we could be 0-3 with Tony Banks or Dave Ragone quaterbacking. If you are happy with David Kar, you MUST be a DEMOCRAT! :brickwall
Your right its all Carrs fault. :ok: hes the one dropping passes missing blocks and giving up touchdowns. Oh ya all those Int realy hurt us today.

Bubbajwp
10-02-2005, 09:30 PM
when he plays like a professional I will spell his name correctly. He must DESERVE to have his name spelled correctly.
His QB rating was over 100 What the H3ll do you expect.

Bubbajwp
10-02-2005, 09:35 PM
And the 3-4 sacks that was HIS fault..... and the 2 yard passes not ONCE but twice with under a minute to play and NO timeouts......hell lets give Kar a raise!
Explain the three or four sacks that were his fault.
If nobody is open you dont throw the ball. Its that simple. If he throws the ball deep on one of those two plays and it gets intercepted game over. Also with the whole defense playing deep DD would have only had to break one tackle the next closest defender would have been twenty to thirty yards down the field. There is just as good of a chance of DD breaking one of those for a TD as their is throwing a hail mary.

WWJD
10-02-2005, 09:45 PM
The Texans have a game changing receiver in AJ and for whatever reason he's been virtually ignored in most of the games this year. They MUST figure out some way to get him the ball more often.

utahmark
10-02-2005, 09:49 PM
It's not HIS fault......even though he plays QB...... if AJ needs the ball.....have AJ take the snap...... because appearently Kar doesn't understand that he needs the ball!

aj would of had the ball about 5 more time this season if he would catch the ball when it was thrown to him. but apparantly it cant be aj's fault. carr must be putting the wrong spin on it.

Goldeagle
10-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Pinning all this on Carr is a joke. He makes mistakes, but he cannot block for himself or catch the ball. Heck, if AJ drops one more basic pass I am going to throw up!

Bubbajwp
10-02-2005, 10:01 PM
OK... we have the BEST QB in football...... he can walk on water.... its the OTHER 21 players....... Kar doing his best Leroy imitation....... "Fumble? Fumble? It wasn't MY fault I fumbled........if one of the OTHER 10 players were doing THEIR job we would have NEVER lost possession! They should have fell on the ball for me...... don't blame ME for getting sacked 7 times, its not MY faulty I held the ball too long..... blame the O-line for not giving me 10 seconds of protection...... and the receivers..... I can't run their routes for them......questionable decision making at the end of the game..... the OC called that play......not ME...... hey...... don't look at me...... I played great..... they need to put people around ME thats as good as ME!" :ok: DK
I dont think we have the best QB in football Im just smart enough to realize its not all his fault that we keep loosing
He wouldnt have fumbled if sombody would have mad a damn block and if the referee could see.
Explain to me how its his fault that the oline cant block the Wr cant get open and we have a Conservative OC and head Coach.

Bubbajwp
10-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Lets just all give the Texans a hug...... and make them feel special. Win or lose...... WHO CARES.......lets just pay, cheer, smile, and make sure they are happy.
You and Wonger should go start you'r own MB. You two would get along so good.

WWJD
10-02-2005, 10:09 PM
aj would of had the ball about 5 more time this season if he would catch the ball when it was thrown to him. but apparantly it cant be aj's fault. carr must be putting the wrong spin on it.

Ok let me make my point a bit more clear.

Teams usually are limited to just a few playmakers. Guys that can change the game at any time on any play.

I consider AJ to be that player on the Texans.

However and whatever they need to do to get the ball in his hands they must do. He's the one guy that defenses have to worry about on offense. If he can't do what he's done in the past put Armstrong out there.

The focus of the Texans offense, to me, seems to always be DD.
Shut him down and they seem to flounder.

Elite
10-02-2005, 10:10 PM
All of you are mad because we lost because david once again showed he will never be a winner i take in stride and i realise all this losses are only better for us sure we got a losser for a QB but it will be better next year we will have Matt LIONHEART at the helms oh how sweet it is.

utahmark
10-02-2005, 10:11 PM
Ok let me make my point a bit more clear.

Teams usually are limited to just a few playmakers. Guys that can change the game at any time on any play.

I consider AJ to be that player on the Texans.

However and whatever they need to do to get the ball in his hands they must do. He's the one guy that defenses have to worry about on offense. If he can't do what he's done in the past put Armstrong out there.

The focus of the Texans offense, to me, seems to always be DD.
Shut him down and they seem to flounder.

that post was more for the other guy. i realize aj needs to be more involved. but he does need to start catching the ball.

Elite
10-02-2005, 10:17 PM
97 QB rating explain to me what he did wrong.

Tell me. I cant wait.

2TDs and NO INTs in 2 games...........

On check down passes your Grandma and mine Could of had a 158.3 i think thats the max. not only go by stats how many fumbles in the last two games how many game winnng drives has he proven anything to you but dissapointment.

Bubbajwp
10-02-2005, 10:26 PM
You, Brando, and the democrats start your own........ you guys could petition the league and get them to not keep score, no rushing the quarteback, no covering the receivers after 5 yards, and for gods sake if the defense gets the ball they must give it back to the offense....... we don't want anybody to get their feelings hurt. You know...... you let us score, we let you score, you let us score, etc....... and then everybody is happy at the end of the day.
Seriously explain how its Carr's fault that andre cant catch the ball come on do you have an awnser for that one.
He has hit his target in the chest more than once this season and his WR didnt make the catch.
How can you say the majority of the sacks are Carrs fault when the very second the ball is snapped the defense is already on his *****.
And even though Carr is sitting on the bench its his fault that the defense has forced ZERO turovers this season while only getting four sacks.

Elite
10-02-2005, 10:31 PM
Seriously explain how its Carr's fault that andre cant catch the ball come on do you have an awnser for that one.
He has hit his target in the chest more than once this season and his WR didnt make the catch.
How can you say the majority of the sacks are Carrs fault when the very second the ball is snapped the defense is already on his *****.
And even though Carr is sitting on the bench its his fault that the defense has forced ZERO turovers this season while only getting four sacks.

Dont bring the defense in this the defense played a great game considering look at all the last Bengals opponents they were demolished the defense kept it close and david carr couldnt make anything happen. check after check down after check down.

OzzO
10-02-2005, 10:31 PM
Love the sarcasm jayseed, but it's getting old. So, we get rid of Carr - who would you put in his place that would do better with the offensive unit we currently have?

Agree they need to get AJ the ball more and from this game, I thought for sure they were setting up the long ball with they way they were calling the plays today, moving the ball down the field a bit at a time. However, as long as they're moving the ball to the eventual score, that's fine by me.

As for the original post - agree, Sharpe didn't seem so by making that comment.

Elite
10-02-2005, 10:34 PM
Tony Banks could do the same david is doing and for a discounted price :texflag:

Bubbajwp
10-02-2005, 10:34 PM
2 TD's yes in 3 games...... how many picks? What about OVERALL rating? What about TEAMS record? What about offensive points PUT UP? Can you answer those questions for me?

A starting QB........HIS offense has put up 24 points in 3 COMPLETE games......now THATS a RESUME! What MORE can you want (or expect) out of the #1 pick in the draft, with 3+ years of STARTING experience?
In the first game he gave up three interceptions and Zero since then while throwing two TD's

He had a bad rating in the first game and has done good since then.

I forgot that the QB is the only player on the team and every win or loss is because of the QB. Why do we play the games we should just decide that the team with the better QB wins.

How many rushing TD's have we scored this season ZERO.

Every TD we have had this season has went threw CARR.

Ok I awnsered your qustions know anwser the questions we asked you. Im waiting. :cool:

angeltexus
10-02-2005, 10:42 PM
I'll call it like I see it. DD can't pick up his blocks, Carr needs to go back to Cali, our inside linebackers are scared to lay some wood, Seth Payne and his two old friends are never in the backfield. And lets see, Capers. Excuses satisfy the people who say them. We ask Haliburton to spoil us with our lovely stadium, Republicans, yes you Jay, any questions..

Bubbajwp
10-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Your right he has been in the League for 3+ years now, he should be able to go out there and do it all himself.
I cant believe that he has not gone to the Pro Bowl yet , w/ his great o line leading the way.

Dude dont bullcrap me bro, dont treat this guy like he is the starting QB for Steelers, Eagles, Patriots, Colts. He did not walk into a great team that has been building themselves for over 50 years. He is on a team that has been around for 4 years now. He has 1 weapon right now and that is Andre Johnson. There is no 2nd WR on this team, NO stud lineman, NO Defense.
Weather we like it or not the honey moon is not over untill we get some players in here, to help out the leagues leading QB in Sacks for the last 3 years.

He is doing great with what he has been givin'.

Funny how people forget what this guy has been through and has done for this team.
97 QB rating today PERIOD , how you like them apples.
Dont you think its funny how he keeps responding to our questions with other questions.

angeltexus
10-02-2005, 11:10 PM
Hope you did not hurt yourself writing such a insitefull reply :loser :loser :loser . Cali? you dont know about Cali to call it that.
Well since you know California how bout giving him a ride? Sorry, I forgot the Hulk was always walking.

HoustonFan
10-03-2005, 12:14 AM
Shannon Sharp can take a flying nose dive from the top of Mile High stadium.

Carr is gonna be alright. Had they looked at improving the offensive line, or maybe had the OC change came in the off season, things may have been different. But whatever, Sharp. There are still 13 games left.

HJam72
10-03-2005, 12:22 AM
About AJ: the Ds are making sure he is very covered. They will continue to do that untill another receiver (or TE) makes them eat that philosophy. I think Gaffney is our man. Until then, Carr would be asking for interceptions trying to throw to him. Besides, he drops what is thrown to him right now. He needs to work on those hands again. Can we have Armstrong's hands attached to AJ?

HJam72
10-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Shannon Sharp can take a flying nose dive from the top of Mile High stadium.

Hehehehehe. :bouncey:

mexican_texan
10-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Don't listen to the talking horse with good hands.