PDA

View Full Version : Texans vs Bengals final results (Vote Here!!)

LBC_Justin
09-27-2005, 11:20 AM
What do you think the final outcome will be?

Jason1968
09-27-2005, 11:30 AM
How about Bengals by 21?

Fldvldog
09-27-2005, 11:53 AM
How about Cincy by 3 or 4 TD's?

Bubbajwp
09-27-2005, 12:56 PM
What do you think the final outcome will be?
So I guess you are guaranteeing the Texans win. Since there is no option for the Bengals to win.

cadahnic
09-27-2005, 12:58 PM
I am going to say it will be a dog fight for the first half with our defense tiring out in the third quarter. Bengals put up 13 in the third to break the game open and we go down, but damnit we go down swingin.

Bengals 23
Texans 10

bckey
09-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Well it will be none of the above choices. Texans will lose.

rmartin65
09-27-2005, 03:11 PM
houston OT

John Stofa
09-27-2005, 03:22 PM
LOL ... do you guys mind if I sit this one out? I don't see my choice on there. :D

titan hater
09-27-2005, 03:23 PM
How about Cincy by 3 or 4 TD's?

Go away Fldvldog (or what ever your name is)...WE SUCK...R U Happy...Go back to Kitty litter land will ya?

johnboy
09-27-2005, 04:15 PM
The Texans could lose this one by 30 points. Carr and the receivers are terrible.Davis can't block for Carr. its time the Texans play the other QB's maybe they would have better results.

Bubbajwp
09-27-2005, 04:32 PM
The Texans could lose this one by 30 points. Carr and the receivers are terrible.Davis can't block for Carr. its time the Texans play the other QB's maybe they would have better results.
By better results im guessing you mean he wont try to avoid the sacks and end up loosing more yards. He whoever you plan on starting will just fall over right away to aviod the beating he IS going to take and only loose 3 yards instead of 5. :crying:

Bubbajwp
09-27-2005, 04:33 PM
LOL ... do you guys mind if I sit this one out? I don't see my choice on there. :D
Im with you I dont see my choice up there either. Like i said earlier.

BEERnBBQ
09-27-2005, 07:25 PM
bengals 27
Texans 17

although I believe we will give a more spirited effort

Best Uniforms Ever
09-27-2005, 07:28 PM
bengals 27
Texans 17

although I believe we will give a more spirited effort

The Texans scoring 2 TDs? No Way. I can see Domanick Davis coughing the ball up and fumbling it 17 times in the game before I can see the Texans scoring 17 points.

rmartin65
09-27-2005, 07:46 PM
The Texans scoring 2 TDs? No Way. I can see Domanick Davis coughing the ball up and fumbling it 17 times in the game before I can see the Texans scoring 17 points.
how? 17 fumbles in 1 game? the texans can score 17 points, if the playbook is opened up.

Best Uniforms Ever
09-27-2005, 07:51 PM
the texans can score 17 points, if the playbook is opened up.

Against who? You've got to remember the 'Little Sisters of the Poor' aren't an NFL franchise.

Bubbajwp
09-27-2005, 08:03 PM
Against who? You've got to remember the 'Little Sisters of the Poor' aren't an NFL franchise.
you sure talk alot of smack considering your team hasnt done $h!t in the past decade. You dont have to say it I know the Texans have not done any thing either. But are team is still young. The Bengals have been rebuilding for the past decade.

Best Uniforms Ever
09-27-2005, 08:06 PM
you sure talk alot of smack considering your team hasnt done $h!t in the past decade. You dont have to say it I know the Texans have not done any thing either. But are team is still young. The Bengals have been rebuilding for the past decade.

We aren't talking about the past. The NFL is different every year. We are talking about the here and now. This coming Sunday.

And relatively new? How long do you want to be considered an expansion team? The honeymoon is over, give it up with that excuse.

Bubbajwp
09-27-2005, 08:08 PM
We aren't talking about the past. The NFL is different every year. We are talking about the here and now. This coming Sunday.

And relatively new? How long do you want to be considered an expansion team? The honeymoon is over, give it up with that excuse.
Ya your right are team has sucked for 3 years and two games your team has sucked for 10 years.

Storm
09-27-2005, 08:27 PM
http://gallery.image4free.com/albums/userpics/11154/image_274780.jpg

The only way you guys win this Sunday is if you sign this guy

HJam72
09-27-2005, 08:32 PM
http://gallery.image4free.com/albums/userpics/11154/image_274780.jpg

The only way you guys win this Sunday is if you sign this guy

We did! And we're bringing the Pepsi machine too! :texflag:

Panther5407
09-27-2005, 09:05 PM
I have to say that these Bengal fans are the worst fans thats ever came over onto this board ever. Tell me when we find one that deserves some type of respect, then again it means they would have to say something intelligent.

Bubbajwp
09-27-2005, 09:06 PM
I have to say that these Bengal fans are the worst fans thats ever came over onto this board ever. Tell me when we find one that deserves some type of respect, then again it means they would have to say something intelligent.
I couldnt agree more.

Bubbajwp
09-27-2005, 09:14 PM
The only color that bengals fans can see is orange. :loser

John Stofa
09-27-2005, 09:14 PM
The Bengals have been rebuilding for the past decade.

That's not true. We sucked from 1991-2002, but we didn't really start rebuilding until Marvin Lewis took over in 2003. We have a very young team, on both sides of the ball. We have a couple veterans on offense (T Willie Anderson and C Rich Braham) and a couple on defense (CB Tory James and DT Bryan Robinson), but everyone else has 5 years or less experience in the league. And we have at least 6 or 7 starters who are first or second year players. The Bengals are good now, but they're going to get alot better in the next two or three years.

Bubbajwp
09-27-2005, 09:16 PM
That's not true. We sucked from 1991-2002, but we didn't really start rebuilding until Marvin Lewis took over in 2003. We have a very young team, on both sides of the ball. We have a couple veterans on offense (T Willie Anderson and C Rich Braham) and a couple on defense (CB Tory James and DT Bryan Robinson), but everyone else has 5 years or less experience in the league. And we have at least 6 or 7 starters who are first or second year players. The Bengals are good now, but they're going to get alot better in the next two or three years.
Sorry I was just trying to have fun the trolls.

John Stofa
09-27-2005, 09:18 PM

Hey, don't put us all in the same category. Every team has some of those fans you wouldn't invite to your family reunion. :D

John Stofa
09-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Sorry I was just trying to have fun the trolls.

No problem. I just thought you guys might like to know a little bit about our team. The trolls deserve what they get. :D

Memith
09-27-2005, 09:38 PM
I would like to appologize for all of the Bengal fan trolls that you have on here. Last week we had tons and tons of bears trolls over on our forum so we know what it's like. So far we've only got two trolls who are in support of the Texans... hopefully it will stay that way. Anyways, here's to a good game! who dey.

bearcats937
09-27-2005, 09:59 PM
Cincy 37
texans 10

Bubbajwp
09-27-2005, 10:04 PM
Cincy 37
texans 10
See what im saying. Do you know what happens to cocky people. They loose.

928546in05
09-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Texans-0
Cincy-28

Panther5407
09-27-2005, 10:23 PM
I would like to appologize for all of the Bengal fan trolls that you have on here. Last week we had tons and tons of bears trolls over on our forum so we know what it's like. So far we've only got two trolls who are in support of the Texans... hopefully it will stay that way. Anyways, here's to a good game! who dey.

It's alright, its just there was a mad rush of trolls at once. I'm sure your all not trolls, I'd just like to talk about football with some kind of class. The whole your mom and sister **** is getting real old.

Storm
09-27-2005, 10:47 PM

Ever met the Cleveland Brown or Chicago Bear fans?

Trust me, they are worse

Nati Bengals
09-27-2005, 11:01 PM
You dont have to say it I know the Texans have not done any thing either. But are team is still young. The Bengals have been rebuilding for the past decade.

I have to disagree with you there. We were flounding around with no direction for a decade, not rebuilding. We've only been rebuilding for 3 years now, since Marvin Lewis came in and took over.

Bubbajwp
09-27-2005, 11:12 PM
I have to disagree with you there. We were flounding around with no direction for a decade, not rebuilding. We've only been rebuilding for 3 years now, since Marvin Lewis came in and took over.
Sadly that kinda sounds like the Texans.

metalmike
09-27-2005, 11:15 PM
Most of the Texans fans are predicting the Bengals to when including me. But almost every bengals fan ive heard has predicted a thirty point blow out. Ya yall are 3-0 but against who the browns 4-12 last season vikings 8-8 bears 5-11. While the teams whe have played were 9-7 Bills and 15-1 steelers.
combined record for your opponets 17-31 win percentage 35%
our opponets combined records 24-8 win percentage 75%
Nuff said and peace out
:texflag: :texans:
Right on. I can't believe I used to feel sorry for some of these jacklegs. I'm not saying all Bengals fans are *******s, but a lot of these guys on here are big *******s. They win 3 games and now talking **** to fans of a winless team. They don't even realize they will not be in the playoffs with the Steelers waiting to kill them twice this year. Go Texans

Panther5407
09-27-2005, 11:27 PM

This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. Before this, Texans fans havenít said a thing about cinncy; they are picking you to win. Looks like to me that even picking the bengals to win but that isnít good enough, apparently we have to be humiliated in this game. We know we are playing bad, we donít need any mindless trolls coming over here starting all sorts of **** up. Now, there are two so far (ya Iíve counted) that I've seen (specifically John Stofa and memith) that have posted with intelligence. Beyond them, I'm reading more posts insulting peopleís moms and sisters than posts actually about football. I'm sure I am not alone in the way I feel.

Bubbajwp
09-27-2005, 11:33 PM
This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. Before this, Texans fans havenít said a thing about cinncy; they are picking you to win. Looks like to me that even picking the bengals to win but that isnít good enough, apparently we have to be humiliated in this game. We know we are playing bad, we donít need any mindless trolls coming over here starting all sorts of **** up. Now, there are two so far (ya Iíve counted) that I've seen (specifically John Stofa and memith) that have posted with intelligence. Beyond them, I'm reading more posts insulting peopleís moms and sisters than posts actually about football. I'm sure I am not alone in the way I feel.
Exactly I have picked the bengals to win 17 to 28. Most bengals fans are saying 52-0 or 70-10 thats just ridiculous.

Cicero
09-27-2005, 11:39 PM
Please excuse the trolls. Every team has a few classless morons. Unfortunately they are typically the most vocal. If your team can survive the initial onslaught I think they can hang in until the third quarter when Rudi Johnson takes over the game. The key will be staying with your gameplan when Carson starts to light up the scoreboard.

My Prediction:

21-7 Bengals

Bubbajwp
09-27-2005, 11:44 PM
Please excuse the trolls. Every team has a few classless morons. Unfortunately they are typically the most vocal. If your team can survive the initial onslaught I think they can hang in until the third quarter when Rudi Johnson takes over the game. The key will be staying with your gameplan when Carson starts to light up the scoreboard.

My Prediction:

21-7 Bengals
Thats not so bad. But if we get behind by that much then I would hope that we would start to air the ball out wich is when our offense is at its best. I say that the bengals take and early lead in the first half somthing like 14-0. But the second half we will be playing catch up so we will be throwing the ball more. In the end we loose 17-28.

Cicero
09-27-2005, 11:49 PM
Thats not so bad. But if we get behind by that much then I would hope that we would start to air the ball out wich is when our offense is at its best. I say that the bengals take and early lead in the first half somthing like 14-0. But the second half we will be playing catch up so we will be throwing the ball more. In the end we loose 17-28.

I could see it turning out that way. We have had a habit of jumping on teams early this season. Our offense is very aggressive in the first half and tends to get opposing teams out of their game plan. It would be a mistake for the Texans to abandon the run. If they can move it on the ground they can keep Carson and Chad on the sidelines.

Bubbajwp
09-27-2005, 11:52 PM
I could see it turning out that way. We have had a habit of jumping on teams early this season. Our offense is very aggressive in the first half and tends to get opposing teams out of their game plan. It would be a mistake for the Texans to abandon the run. If they can move it on the ground they can keep Carson and Chad on the sidelines.
Ya their is just one problem our leading rusher is David Carr. Which means Palmer and chad are going to be on the field alot which is why we loose.

LBC_Justin
09-28-2005, 12:07 AM
Texans' fans are known for being some of the nicest and politest fans around. When you lose for as long as we have you learn to be polite. Oh course why am I telling you guys this. You should already know this, and understand the situation better than anyone.

Reminder: The Bengals haven't had a winning team since 1990. The last time you were in the playoffs you played the Houston Oilers & Los Angeles Raiders(Both Gone). The last time you had a winning record Carson Palmer and Rudi Johnson were both 10 years old & Chad Johnson was in Junior High. That ought to tell you something.

So lets keep those ego in check, it's only week 4 and only our third game of the season. We just played the freaking Steelers.

Lets talk about football!!!
How good is the Bengals pass rush? How good is the Bengals O-line?

WhoDeyBengals
09-28-2005, 12:14 AM
Most of the Texans fans are predicting the Bengals to when including me. But almost every bengals fan ive heard has predicted a thirty point blow out. Ya yall are 3-0 but against who the browns 4-12 last season vikings 8-8 bears 5-11. While the teams whe have played were 9-7 Bills and 15-1 steelers.
combined record for your opponets 17-31 win percentage 35%
our opponets combined records 24-8 win percentage 75%
Nuff said and peace out

Now THAT is ignorant. Yes, the Steelers are a good team. Yes, the Bills are a good team. But if you want to win the league, you've got to beat the tough opponents as well as the "easy" ones. A good football team defends its house. We've won two road games, and you've lost a game at home. That makes the Texans someone's *****.

We, on the other hand, have gone on the road and beaten a team that THRASHED one of its division opponents the week before, and we've beaten a team that held the Colts to 13 points in Indy in their house. That's not even mentioning that the Browns are a division opponent. You must win division games. Period.

Look, it doesn't matter what the score is. Bengals win. Period. I don't care if we win by 1 or 100. :pigfly: <- It happens in Cincinnati. :)

Until you get rid of your horrible head coach and your never-was QB, your team is going nowhere. :goodnight:

The Bengals are salivating at the opportunity to play a soft game at home. Giving the fans what they want are what this team is all about. :drool:

WhoDeyBengals
09-28-2005, 12:21 AM
Lets talk about football!!!
How good is the Bengals pass rush? How good is the Bengals O-line?

The Bengals pass rush has only produced two sacks so far this season. However, they've been able to create a lot of pressure and flush the more mobile quarterbacks out of the pocket fairly well. Our opponents have had too little time to make good decisions with their passing game. Thus, the number of interceptions that we've been able to create.

As far as our O-line goes, it is outstanding. Willie Anderson is a Pro Bowl tackle, one of the best passblocking linemen in the game. Levi Jones is a beast on the other side, and rarely gets beaten. At guards, Bobbi Williams and Eric Steinbach have been consistently good. And Rich Braham at center is a veteran with an excellent ability to recognize and identify blocking assignments for his teammates. All in all, our O-line is great on the pass. That's why Carson's got so much time to throw the ball. Just ask Chicago.

Our run blocking may need a little work. Rudi (who still has 300 yards in 3 games, by the way) has not been given a lot to work with in the way of holes to shoot through so far. The Bengal running game works at its best going around the end. Even though 24 power is the play of choice for our ground game, it's not always as successful as sending Jeremi Johnson around the end to block with Rudi in tow.

It's just nice to have a great team for a change. :)

Bubbajwp
09-28-2005, 12:24 AM
Now THAT is ignorant. Yes, the Steelers are a good team. Yes, the Bills are a good team. But if you want to win the league, you've got to beat the tough opponents as well as the "easy" ones. A good football team defends its house. We've won two road games, and you've lost a game at home. That makes the Texans someone's *****.

We, on the other hand, have gone on the road and beaten a team that THRASHED one of its division opponents the week before, and we've beaten a team that held the Colts to 13 points in Indy in their house. That's not even mentioning that the Browns are a division opponent. You must win division games. Period.

Look, it doesn't matter what the score is. Bengals win. Period. I don't care if we win by 1 or 100. :pigfly: <- It happens in Cincinnati. :)

Until you get rid of your horrible head coach and your never-was QB, your team is going nowhere. :goodnight:

The Bengals are salivating at the opportunity to play a soft game at home. Giving the fans what they want are what this team is all about. :drool:
I have never said that the Texans would win this game I'm mad because most bengal fans think the score is going to be 30-0.
I never said that the Texans should have won against the bills or the steelers.
All I said was we lost to good teams you won against bad teams.
Also the Colts average points per game is 15.7 so the browns are not the only team to stop the colts offense this season.
Dont plan on this game being soft.

Bubbajwp
09-28-2005, 12:27 AM
Im not trying to say the Texans are a great or even good team but coming into our MB and saying your going to beat us by 30 or more points is ignorant. This isnt collage teams dont get blown out by 30 points very often.

WhoDeyBengals
09-28-2005, 12:28 AM
I have never said that the Texans would win this game I'm mad because most bengal fans think the score is going to be 30-0.
I never said that the Texans should have won against the bills or the steelers.
All I said was we lost to good teams you won against bad teams.

I hardly think that's fair. Look what Minnesota did this weekend. Look what the Bears did last weekend. I don't think these are necessarily bad teams. I just think they looked bad against us. The Bears won their first home game 38-6 the week before they played us. Are they a bad team? Minnesota exploded all over the 'Aints on Sunday. You might be able to make a case for them being bad, but I'd say more like poorly coached. Inconsistent. But bad? Nah.

The Bills, by the way, are not a good team. They're an okay team with a great defense and a ****** QB. And the defense is now questionable without Spikes.

WhoDeyBengals
09-28-2005, 12:30 AM
Im not trying to say the Texans are a great or even good team but coming into our MB and saying your going to beat us by 30 or more points is ignorant. This isnt collage teams dont get blown out by 30 points very often.

Why is it ignorant? 30 point blowouts do happen. Just ask Jerry Glanville. :)

False Start
09-28-2005, 12:31 AM
I dont see us doing very well in this game ........... 28-7 Bengals ...... :brickwall

Bubbajwp
09-28-2005, 12:33 AM
Why is it ignorant? 30 point blowouts do happen. Just ask Jerry Glanville. :)
Ok 30 somtimes yes but some bengals fans are saying 70-0 and **** like that I mean come on what do expect me to do. What would you do if I told you we were going to beat you that bad. Would you just sit there and take it or argue back.

Bubbajwp
09-28-2005, 12:34 AM
Escpecially when most Texan fans think the bengals will win. Including me.

WhoDeyBengals
09-28-2005, 12:41 AM
Ok 30 somtimes yes but some bengals fans are saying 70-0 and **** like that I mean come on what do expect me to do. What would you do if I told you we were going to beat you that bad. Would you just sit there and take it or argue back.

Nah, we'd laugh in your face. :banana: :banana:

I'm not predicting 70-0. I'm not even predicting a score. But I'll take the Bengals and give the points this Sunday without even finding out what the spread is. And I'll be a rich man on Monday.

I come to the message boards because it's neat to see what the fans on the other side of the field are saying about our team. You guys recognize the skills up here in the 'Nati this year, and I respect that. When fans of two teams get together to talk football, of course there's going to be some smack talk. But the fact is, you guys are true fans for even caring about the Texans when they're in this state of affairs. They need to be shaken up from the very top of the organization to the bottom. You deserve it, and your city deserves it. Frankly, I love the sports rivalry that our two cities used to have during the heyday of Warren Moon and the Oilers, and I wish that this was a real game. It's just not.

Look at where we were at in the 90s. Nowhere. We were terrible because we didn't have a good coach, our owner was a stingy *******, and we had a different quarterback every other year. You can't build a house without a good foundation. Finally, Marvin came along and saved us. In three years, we've gone from the laughingstock of the league to the toast of the league.

So, all of that sappy **** said, we're going to win a bazeeeeellion to -4. ;)

Bubbajwp
09-28-2005, 12:46 AM

I'm not predicting 70-0. I'm not even predicting a score. But I'll take the Bengals and give the points this Sunday without even finding out what the spread is. And I'll be a rich man on Monday.

I come to the message boards because it's neat to see what the fans on the other side of the field are saying about our team. You guys recognize the skills up here in the 'Nati this year, and I respect that. When fans of two teams get together to talk football, of course there's going to be some smack talk. But the fact is, you guys are true fans for even caring about the Texans when they're in this state of affairs. They need to be shaken up from the very top of the organization to the bottom. You deserve it, and your city deserves it. Frankly, I love the sports rivalry that our two cities used to have during the heyday of Warren Moon and the Oilers, and I wish that this was a real game. It's just not.

Look at where we were at in the 90s. Nowhere. We were terrible because we didn't have a good coach, our owner was a stingy *******, and we had a different quarterback every other year. You can't build a house without a good foundation. Finally, Marvin came along and saved us. In three years, we've gone from the laughingstock of the league to the toast of the league.

So, all of that sappy **** said, we're going to win a bazeeeeellion to -4. ;)
Do you mind if we borrow Marvin for a while will give him back I promise. :whistle: I think the bengals fans underated the Texans passing game. Whenever we pass the ball we are actually pretty dangerous. My prediction is 17-28 Texans have a late rally and come up short.

WhoDeyBengals
09-28-2005, 12:51 AM
Do you mind if we borrow Marvin for a while will give him back I promise. :whistle: I think the bengals fans underated the Texans passing game. Whenever we pass the ball we are actually pretty dangerous. My prediction is 17-28 Texans have a late rally and come up short.
:laugh: I don't think so on either point. See what the Bengals have done to other teams when they've tried to throw the ball. The Bengals operate under the philosophy that once the ball's in the air, anyone has a right to it. And Deltha O'Neal and Tory James have been making everyone believe that the opponent's QB's are actually throwing to them instead of the receivers. Our DBs' weakest stat right now is YAC. :)

And as far as Marvin goes? No way. You'd never give him back, and we'd be right back to 1996. The very idea makes me queasy.

Bubbajwp
09-28-2005, 12:54 AM
:laugh: I don't think so on either point. See what the Bengals have done to other teams when they've tried to throw the ball. The Bengals operate under the philosophy that once the ball's in the air, anyone has a right to it. And Deltha O'Neal and Tory James have been making everyone believe that the opponent's QB's are actually throwing to them instead of the receivers. Our DBs' weakest stat right now is YAC. :)

And as far as Marvin goes? No way. You'd never give him back, and we'd be right back to 1996. The very idea makes me queasy.
Good point
Funny and True
Please will be extra carful with him. :heh:

WhoDeyBengals
09-28-2005, 01:00 AM
Please will be extra carful with him. :heh:

You better believe we will. Mike Brown's not letting Marvin go. Marvin makes him look like a freakin' genius!

Hey, it's been good talking to you. I'll get on again before the week is out. Gotta work tomorrow morning. Now, I sleep.

And dream of what the victory party will be like. :tv: G'night.

Bubbajwp
09-28-2005, 01:03 AM
You better believe we will. Mike Brown's not letting Marvin go. Marvin makes him look like a freakin' genius!

Hey, it's been good talking to you. I'll get on again before the week is out. Gotta work tomorrow morning. Now, I sleep.

And dream of what the victory party will be like. :tv: G'night.
Your dreams are the only place you'll be having a victory party. :heh:
I couldnt help myself you set yourself up for that one.

jppaul
09-28-2005, 02:53 AM

Does seem rather biased, doesn't it?
:texflag:

Jophis
09-28-2005, 05:31 AM
Obviously this poll was created by somebody from Florida Board of Elections..... :patriot

Bengals by 3 TDs...and for whatever its worth, you guys have by far the coolest smilies of any board I've ever seen :dangit:

TheOgre
09-28-2005, 09:00 AM
Cincinnati Paul Browns 33
Houston Nomads* 17

*right now they don't deserve to be called "Texans"

BengalTyler
09-28-2005, 09:15 AM
FYI, we once again apologize for the guy in Orange writing... We even put a post up on our Msg Board telling our guys to use better etiquette. Everybody hates trolls.

The games that look to be blowouts on paper usually aren't, but I'm sticking w/ 37-13. We're averaging 29ppg, and allowing 9ppg... the teams we've played are all arguably better than yours. (obviously we could debate that for hours) Not to mention the sheer EXCITEMENT in Cincy--this may be a welcome home party similar to what Philly saw against SF.

touttail
09-28-2005, 09:18 AM
The Bengals might be surprised with the Texan team that shows up for this game.
You getting embarassed in a game has gotta be getting old.

Texans 17-14 win

bobby 119C :texans:

BengalTyler
09-28-2005, 09:34 AM
I wonder how you guys handled the bye week. Had the OC stayed, I wouldn't have been surprised to see you guys just preparing for us for 2 weeks... a win vs. us can really spark a season (haven't been able to say that....ever!)

That being said, I'm guessing they've been doing general adjustments for the offense as a whole, and I still see a big win.

LBC_Justin
09-28-2005, 11:21 AM

So, all of that sappy **** said, we're going to win a bazeeeeellion to -4. ;)Someone needs to tell this guy his team hasn't had a winning season since 1990, is coming off an 8-8 season has played 3 games this year against subpar opponents. "Toast of the League"...come on man you almost made me spit out my cereal with laughter.

WhoDeyBengals
09-28-2005, 02:47 PM
Someone needs to tell this guy his team hasn't had a winning season since 1990, is coming off an 8-8 season has played 3 games this year against subpar opponents. "Toast of the League"...come on man you almost made me spit out my cereal with laughter.

You're funny. Let's stay in the here and now, shall we?

The Bengals are the media darlings of the NFL. Go to any sports website. SI, ESPN, FOX, Sporting News, Sportsline. Look at the power rankings. The lowest I've seen the Bengals listed is 6th. Most is 3rd.

If you don't take last year into account, we're #1. Period.

Exascor
09-28-2005, 03:00 PM
I'm just suprised that almost 40 people actually voted in this poll. :locked:

TheOgre
09-28-2005, 03:02 PM
I voted just to see the results.

jppaul
09-28-2005, 03:37 PM
I voted just to see the results.

ditto

BengalStripes
09-28-2005, 03:45 PM
... the teams we've played are all arguably better than yours. (obviously we could debate that for hours)

Dude, I'm a Bengals fan and I gotta say it - what the hell are you talking about?

We played the Stains, a Vikings team that had its head up its butt and the Bears, a team that couldn't find an offense if it landed on its nose.

Houston has played the Bills and the Squeelers. Both of those teams are better than any of the 3 we played at the time.

Bengals win, but that's a poor argument.

Exascor
09-28-2005, 04:06 PM
I voted just to see the results.FYI-before you vote there's a link to View Poll Results. That way you don't have to vote just to see the results. :)

LBC_Justin
09-28-2005, 06:48 PM
You're funny. Let's stay in the here and now, shall we?

The Bengals are the media darlings of the NFL. Go to any sports website. SI, ESPN, FOX, Sporting News, Sportsline. Look at the power rankings. The lowest I've seen the Bengals listed is 6th. Most is 3rd.

You guys are not "the media darlings of the NFL". You team has been the worst in the NFL for 15 years, for what seems like forever, so the fact that you are 3-0 is very NEWSWORTHY. So it is getting reported. Carson Palmer was believed by many to be a flop (not be me, I like him), he is now doing great, that is NEWSWORTHY. So it is getting reported.

Personally I don't think you guys have beaten a team yet that is worth bragging about, yet. Lets see how you guys do against the Colts, and the Steelers, and maybe the Jags(even though they are more overrated than anyone).

good luck this week. I hope noone gets injured. I hope it is a good game.

Tedc
09-28-2005, 06:55 PM
The lowest I've seen the Bengals listed is 6th. Most is 3rd.

What does that mean?

Do they have gravity in your world?

WhoDeyBengals
09-28-2005, 11:21 PM
What does that mean?

Do they have gravity in your world?

Um, do you actually read sports news, or do you get everything you know about this game from this message board?

I'm not saying that the power rankings mean anything at all. I'm simply saying that the rest of the country is giving the Bengals a lot more respect than some of the ****clowns on this message board.

Texans fans, I'm not here to try and change your minds, or get you to root for our team instead of your own. I'm here to talk some smack, and have some fun, and I expect all of you to do the same. But asking asinine questions and thinking it makes you look smart is about the lamest thing you can do.

I know there are some people on this board who actually know a thing or two about football and where the season is headed. Too bad I haven't talked to many yet.

What do you think needs to be done to fix your team? Our problems are close to solved... can you get there in two years? Three?

WhoDeyBengals
09-28-2005, 11:23 PM
good luck this week. I hope noone gets injured. I hope it is a good game.

Same here. I don't think it'll be a good game, but let's keep the injuries to a minimum, at least.

#9#9#9#9#9
09-28-2005, 11:56 PM
bengals 33
texans 3

FILO_girl
09-29-2005, 12:09 AM
bengals 33
texans 3

With that screen name and the post you made...you are indeed one stoned Beatles fan.

Now seriously, what is your prediction? :)

#9#9#9#9#9
09-29-2005, 12:47 AM
definatley a beatles fan...unfortunately not stoned. how bout this?

bengals 27
texans 10

either way i think we will win. i do expect you guys to come to play though. it just won't be enough in the JUNGLE.

FILO_girl
09-29-2005, 01:06 AM
Huh, my 1000th post. Answering a Bungles fan. Who da thunk it!

I honestly can't tell you who is going to show up in Cincy representing the Texans. I hope it isn't the same pilot who lost our boys last year going to the Denver game. If it is, at least there would be an excuse for the horrid attempt at professional football. I never did figure out which high school team in our unis that was on the field. :)

I thought that we would show up for Pittsburgh, but I was wrong. I had faith that Buchannon was going to positively impact the team, but I am so far....wrong. I thought we would be 2-0 or at the worst, 1-1 at this point, but again...I was wrong. I thought Rita was going to hit Matagorda Bay, and thankfully....I was wrong. The only thing I have gotten right is that our O line still stinks and the only thing gelling on the field is the Dr Schols insoles in their cleates. And to that, I wish I was wrong.

So you see, I am a comedy of errors right now so I am not really hip on throwing out a prediction. I will wear my Battle Red just in case...but it has not worked so far this season. :crying:

Good luck and here is to no injuries...but I hope we kick your ***.

#9#9#9#9#9
09-29-2005, 01:26 AM
i'm sorry but carr is going to get beaten up again this sunday. he'll prabably get picked off a few times by the NEW SWAT TEAM too.

FILO_girl
09-29-2005, 01:37 AM
i'm sorry but carr is going to get beaten up again this sunday. he'll prabably get picked off a few times by the NEW SWAT TEAM too.

Well at least you're sorry.

LBC_Justin
09-30-2005, 01:49 AM
i'm sorry but carr is going to get beaten up again this sunday. he'll prabably get picked off a few times by the NEW SWAT TEAM too.Never know. You guys only have 2 sacks in three weeks. Not very impressive, of couse those stats might be a lot different after this week.

One thing you guys should know about the Texans is that they are amazingly inconsistent. That means that the ****** team that showed up in weeks 1 & 2 might be replaced with a team in week 4 that plays like it is playoff bound, then is week 5, we play like a high school team. You just don't know who is going to show up.

Doom Capers
09-30-2005, 02:52 AM

Just ignore him. I am sure he is just like every other Bengals fan in the state and has been a fan for about 8-11 months. Bandwagon.

Vinny
09-30-2005, 08:36 AM
Just ignore him. I am sure he is just like every other Bengals fan in the state and has been a fan for about 8-11 months. Bandwagon.I've followed the Bengal boards when they were awful, year in-year out...and they have always had a massive amount of fans with a good sense of humor about their bad team, and very loyal to boot. I can't agree with that one.