PDA

View Full Version : prediction: franchise to move to LA

lucky13
09-23-2005, 07:05 AM
either the raiders or chargers, drum roll please, or BOTH, will move to LA- neither will catch a break from the league this year as the league realizes you can't move a successfiul team. the "both" scenario is the raiders to LA and the chargers to orange county. neither the raiders nor chargers have new stadiums, and neither will get them.

WWJD
09-23-2005, 07:18 AM
LA may get one team but two? No way.

edo783
09-23-2005, 09:57 AM
LA may get one team but two? No way.

Got that right. Heck, they don't even seem very interested in getting one, much less two.

TEXANS84
09-26-2005, 03:43 PM
I would think that the Saints are probably #1 on the list considering they are homeless, and have a population of around 10,000 right now.

Buzz
09-26-2005, 07:09 PM
LA won't get a team until they change their attitude, and last I heard, it hasn't changed much. San Antonio would be a much better place to go, even though some people think the city isn't ready for the NFL. Why?

- it's in Texas, where "football is king"
- for now, they have a decent stadium ready to play in
- the Saints will make some people want an NFL team
- it's close enough to other places where a lot of potential fans live
- it might setup a rivalry with the Cowboys, Texans, or both
- the tourism will have out-of-towners around before and after games
- there should be enough local football people to get involved somehow

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there are a few more good enough reasons to add to that list.

HardCoreTxn
09-27-2005, 12:15 PM
There is no way the Raiders leave Oakland again, and I dont think SD would give up thier franchise to L.A. I predict the Jaguars move to L.A. and Saints move to S.A. within 2 years

FILO_girl
09-29-2005, 01:29 AM
There is no way the Raiders leave Oakland again, and I dont think SD would give up thier franchise to L.A. I predict the Jaguars move to L.A. and Saints move to S.A. within 2 years

I pretty much agree with this philosophy. Although the thought of LA street gang colors changing to teal really does evoke a loud giggle out of me. :tv:

TheOgre
09-29-2005, 06:22 AM
I think it will be San Diego.

HJam72
09-29-2005, 06:52 AM
I like the sound of this better:

San Antonio Chargers

Don'tHate
09-30-2005, 08:19 AM
I pretty much agree with this philosophy. Although the thought of LA street gang colors changing to teal really does evoke a loud giggle out of me. :tv:

Jags aren't moving...that is that.