PDA

View Full Version : How you like Buchanon?

GhostRaider
09-18-2005, 07:05 PM
About as much as we did i guess.

Commiserations, now you can see why we couldn't trade him away fast enough, i can't believe what you gave up for 'blowtime'.

The guy is a total *****.

:confused:

Lucky
09-18-2005, 07:08 PM
How you like Buchanon?
Make my Buchanon extra crisp. With a pat of unsalted butter & boysenberry preserves.

Holden135
09-18-2005, 07:11 PM
Yea he has been sorry thus far. He was pretty much embarrassed by Hines Ward today after being embarrassed by the Bills wr's last week and his weak attempt at a tackle on the td run by Parker was even worse. This guy just doesn't ever seem to have his head in the game. Daunta Robinson gave in an ear full during the game so maybe that will wake him up. The way he is playing we may have to bring Chris Dishman back from retirement.

GhostRaider
09-18-2005, 07:13 PM
Make my Buchanon extra crisp. With a pat of unsalted butter & boysenberry preserves.

'P-Burnt' 'P-Suck' 'Blowtime' they're all good.

Casserly must have thought Buchanon wore 24.

thegr8fan
09-18-2005, 07:14 PM
only question I have is why in the world is Faggins playing 'second fiddle' to this smuck. :ok:

Tayton
09-18-2005, 07:15 PM
He is younger, faster, and suckier than Aaron Glenn.

GhostRaider
09-18-2005, 07:16 PM
Yea he has been sorry thus far. He was pretty much embarrassed by Hines Ward today after being embarrassed by the Bills wr's last week and his weak attempt at a tackle on the td run by Parker was even worse. This guy just doesn't ever seem to have his head in the game. Daunta Robinson gave in an ear full during the game so maybe that will wake him up. The way he is playing we may have to bring Chris Dishman back from retirement.

Everyone embarasses him i'm afraid, even though you've invested heavily in him, i hope you have the sense to take it on the chin and cut his sorry *** at the end of the year.

I'm not surprised he got out the way rather than tackle, he did that week in week out in Oakland.

09-18-2005, 07:20 PM
Yep... Buchanon is absolutely sorry. That "attempt" at tackling Willie Parker was embarassing... Dunta should have beat him up on the sidelines for what he did.

Bubbajwp
09-18-2005, 07:21 PM
He is younger, faster, and suckier than Aaron Glenn.
Which means hes a good fit for our team.
Everyone embarasses him i'm afraid, even though you've invested heavily in him, i hope you have the sense to take it on the chin and cut his sorry *** at the end of the year.
Why would we want to cut his sorry @$$ hes exactly the kind of player were looking for.

raidergavy
09-18-2005, 07:22 PM
one of you fans could play better at corner and have more heart. i aint kiddin'.

your ownership needs to fire this guy to make a statement. at this point, the only thing phyllis can be used for, is motivation to other's.

truly, a heartless dude. remember..... he got a 7 on the wunderlich. the light is not gonna suddenly turn on.

fire his ***.

i still cant stand him and he isnt even on my team anymore.

eriadoc
09-18-2005, 07:25 PM
only question I have is why in the world is Faggins playing 'second fiddle' to this smuck.

Not that I'm defending Buchanon at all, but Faggins didn't exactly impress today, either. That swipe he took on that one pass? WTH was that?

Oh well .....

beerlover
09-18-2005, 07:27 PM
Buchanan is an example of the Texans superiority complex, to think they can remold other teams malcontents and underachievers into serviceable impact players. Casserly, the coaching staff & Buchanan are all tied together now hanging by a thread with the very real probablity of none returning or signing extensions as Texans :tomato:

thegr8fan
09-18-2005, 07:28 PM
at least he was close enough to actually swipe at it. And notice he did it ONCE. How many passes did Buchanan simply GIVE to the WR and then run up after a 10+ yard receipt and tackle them?

No CB makes EVERY play, but at least Faggins was in a position to actually attempt to make a play, unlike Buchanan who is invaribly 10 yards downfield waiting for the WR to run to him so he can tackle them.

Runner
09-18-2005, 07:29 PM

I'm not surprised he got out the way rather than tackle, he did that week in week out in Oakland.

We don't admit mistakes here. See Hollings, Tony - still on the roster.

Trextexan
09-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Maybe we could have put hollings in at cb? He would have made more impact than "no-time" buchanon

LBC_Justin
09-18-2005, 07:35 PM

Commiserations, now you can see why we couldn't trade him away fast enough, i can't believe what you gave up for 'blowtime'.

:confused:He has looked pretty bad. But then again none of our secondary has looked that great. Our pass rush is so horrible it is hard to tell who to blame, it is pretty hard to blame the secondary when the QB has 7-10 seconds to decide who to throw to.

yeah PB effort at tacking Willie was pathetic.

rmartin65
09-18-2005, 07:36 PM
you guys want him back? Please?

Trextexan
09-18-2005, 07:39 PM
He has looked pretty bad. But then again none of our secondary has looked that great. Our pass rush is so horrible it is hard to tell who to blame, it is pretty hard to blame the secondary when the QB has 7-10 seconds to decide who to throw to.

yeah PB effort at tacking Willie was pathetic.

Yeah, when you pass rush 2 men and they still get a completion among 6 people is pretty sad

Keldar
09-18-2005, 07:43 PM
Reckon speed ain't everything in the 3-4. Heart and brains are not needed......apparently.

Panther5407
09-18-2005, 07:47 PM
Whats the likelyhood of Glenn wanting to come back?

CyberTexan
09-18-2005, 08:23 PM
I think Buchannon has been terrible thus far , but I didnt expect him to come in and be unbeatable , I expected teams to pick on him this year and thats what they are doing , untill he intercepts a couple and makes a couple big plays they will stop same thing happened to Dunta Robinson but after a while he made them pay and now they dont pick on him as much.

Fiddy
09-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Why does he play 15 yards off his WR???

powda
09-18-2005, 09:19 PM
what a joke. if i made that kinda effort ay my low paying job i'd be in a welfare line.

i honestly hope when hes in a dark room surrounded by teammates and their reviewing film someone knocks the snot out of him.

that is an unforgivable play.

he needs to suffer immediate consequences. make him an example.

powda
09-18-2005, 10:18 PM
Fraud!

im still more pissed about that one play then anything else. even the loss overall you can find reasons for...you knew they were a damn good team....#1 defense etc ect....

up until that point in the game i was willing to give p-buc a break...hes new to the system, our defense isnt getting any pressure, hes got a rookie safety helping him, and my favorite---ward is just a beast...

but then:
3rd quarter. 3:57 on the clock.i watched it at least 20 times. profesional athlete paid millions of dollars...fills the gap. willie parker dosent steam roll him...willie parker dosent even bother to throw a juke....nothing. he just runs casually by p-buc.

all of a sudden i've got the sneaking suspiscion p-buc frequents vegas.

HardCoreTxn
09-18-2005, 10:26 PM

Glenn come back to this? we have a better chance of Bosselli coming back

Keldar
09-18-2005, 10:54 PM
Can we trade Puke-cannon for that Palmolive guy, the DB from the Steelers?

Elite
09-18-2005, 10:58 PM
why not make a package deal deal phillip buchanon and david carr for anyone's 2nd rounder that would be a fair trade.

but so far buchanon has been horrible

JustBonee
09-18-2005, 11:01 PM
Deja vu ... He brings to mind the days of Matt 'Mary' Stevens. If the opponent runs anywhere near you, run away as fast as you can!

Bubbajwp
09-18-2005, 11:14 PM
Deja vu ... He brings to mind the days of Matt 'Mary' Stevens. If the opponent runs anywhere near you, run away as fast as you can!
once again I completly disagree Matt Stevens would just bump into the opponent where Psuch just tries to shake there hand.

TexansStill
09-18-2005, 11:14 PM
The burger King. That guy is a good corner. :homer:

JustBonee
09-18-2005, 11:19 PM
once again I completly disagree Matt Stevens would just bump into the opponent where Psuch just tries to shake there hand.

:rofl:

ledzeppelin229
09-18-2005, 11:58 PM
Matt Stevens had a crucial mental flaw - He always put the biggest hits on the guys that didn't catch the ball, while playing flag football when the guy had the ball in his hand. Maybe someone never told him the difference...

stevo3883
09-19-2005, 12:17 AM
you know, matt stevens is the real reason Ricky Williams retired... Ricky said he couldnt take losing his shoe any longer, running for 50 yard touchdowns in his sock just wore him down.

ROYDESTROY
09-19-2005, 01:10 AM

LOL...great post...you nailed it

touttail
09-19-2005, 07:33 AM
only question I have is why in the world is Faggins playing 'second fiddle' to this smuck. :ok:

Faggins gets burnt every game he plays in, including this Sunday. He gives up the big play much too often!

Bobby 119C

Scooter
09-19-2005, 07:58 AM
glenn had special talents, but we prefer special olympics on this team. just look at the upgrades ... buchannon over glenn, greenwood over sharper, bradford over armstrong, mckinney & weigert over - hell i know a fat kid down the street that could block better than those two combined.

remember kids, being fast is better than being good. i'm willing to bet buchannon gets beat for 180 yards & 4 missed tackles during the bye week.

oh, and i dont blame faggins for anything yesterday except for the poor swipe. that play was the epitome of "being left on an island" with a qb "having all day to throw".

BREAZE
09-19-2005, 08:05 AM
PB is doing everything in his power to not get resigned with he Texans...and doing it rather well.

touttail
09-19-2005, 08:08 AM
He's good for at least two burns per game. He pads too far off the reciever and won't hit. Daunte is smaller and ain't scared to hit somebody!

Bobby 119C

exclude
09-19-2005, 08:33 AM
...mckinney & weigert over - hell i know a fat kid down the street that could block better than those two combined...

Both of these guys got abused yesterday by Hampton, particularly Mckinney.

I use to think that at least Mckinney was halfway decent but after yesterday's debacle, that's certainly not the case anymore.

touttail
09-19-2005, 09:40 AM
Ghost Raider is this a trick question? LOL

bobby 119C

Keldar
09-19-2005, 11:56 AM
Both of these guys got abused yesterday by Hampton, particularly Mckinney.

I use to think that at least Mckinney was halfway decent but after yesterday's debacle, that's certainly not the case anymore.

welcome to enlightenment!!! :highfive:

swtbound07
09-19-2005, 12:07 PM
to go back to an old thundercats reference, i think all texans fans can agree that the raiders "snarfed" us on that trade

rafterticket
09-19-2005, 12:20 PM

:confused:

Are you in California or Texas? If Texas, did you see him talking to the media in the locker room? What a smug jerk.

When the Raiders were here in preseason, I thought there were some snickers about him from the Raider folks. I get it now.

GhostRaider
09-19-2005, 04:43 PM
Why does he play 15 yards off his WR???

So he doesn't have to tackle him.

Diehardtexan
09-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Are you kidding, Glenn is not coming back if he has to retire for good before that thought crosses his mind. Ithink the reason that Caserly got P. BlockNot is to to have an execuse to fire Capers and also to get that first pick that makes him look like a smart GM.

Buzz
09-19-2005, 05:50 PM
Are you in California or Texas? If Texas, did you see him talking to the media in the locker room? What a smug jerk.

He played for the Raiders. What did you expect? ;)

nunusguy
09-19-2005, 06:03 PM
to go back to an old thundercats reference, i think all texans fans can agree that the raiders "snarfed" us on that trade
Kinda like what our division rival Titans did when they got us to cough up our 2,3,4 in the 2004 college Draft to move up and take Babin in the first round.
Dang, Cass & Capers are gettin snookered left and right.

DocBar
09-19-2005, 06:15 PM
one of you fans could play better at corner and have more heart. i aint kiddin'.

your ownership needs to fire this guy to make a statement. at this point, the only thing phyllis can be used for, is motivation to other's.

truly, a heartless dude. remember..... he got a 7 on the wunderlich. the light is not gonna suddenly turn on.

fire his ***.

i still cant stand him and he isnt even on my team anymore.
He got a 7 on the wunderlich??? Is that even possible without being in a coma?????

rmartin65
09-19-2005, 07:15 PM
He got a 7 on the wunderlich??? Is that even possible without being in a coma?????
it cracks me up when people score that low

Scooter
09-19-2005, 07:16 PM

in his defense, you only get 8 for spelling your name right ...

Hervoyel
09-19-2005, 07:22 PM

What offends me more is the fact that they let Glenn walk out of here before Buchanon had played a down. What in the world was that?

"Ok, sure Aaron, you're a good guy. Go play for Tuna and have fun" Huh?

They should have made Buchanon beat Glenn out of a job instead of handing him a spot and letting Glenn walk. That was unbelievably stupid of the team. Buchanon made dink this season and Glenns salary would be a bargain compared to what they're going to lose in face and fans as we all watch this clown pretend to play the position.

Bubbajwp
09-19-2005, 07:56 PM
What offends me more is the fact that they let Glenn walk out of here before Buchanon had played a down. What in the world was that?

"Ok, sure Aaron, you're a good guy. Go play for Tuna and have fun" Huh?

They should have made Buchanon beat Glenn out of a job instead of handing him a spot and letting Glenn walk. That was unbelievably stupid of the team. Buchanon made dink this season and Glenns salary would be a bargain compared to what they're going to lose in face and fans as we all watch this clown pretend to play the position.
Ya but they already knew that glenn was a better player so they cut him to make sure we suck. :crying:

ledzeppelin229
09-19-2005, 08:17 PM
Ya but they already knew that glenn was a better player so they cut him to make sure we suck. :crying:

Sadly it seems like this isn't even sarcasm. The past few moves the organization has made, added with the trash we've seen on the field, would make a person believe they are trying to be the worst team in the league. They haven't been able to utilize their players and can't even get simple things done.

The offense can be described by one word: erratic. I've yet to see a "smooth" play that gets something done. Carr's always running around like a chicken with his head chopped off, the RBs are standing around in pass protection, the OL isn't getting any real push. I swear, they might not give up a bunch of sacks but they sure aren't trying to win the battle at the LOS. They just get in the way long enough for Carr to try something.

The WRs that we prided as having such great hands have been dropping all sorts of passes. They rarely seem to be open and when they are, Carr can never find them. This team seems like it's quit caring. I remember a couple years ago they actually looked forward to the season and proving to people they weren't an expansion team anymore, and said so in the press. This year it seems like they just expected to be better and thought things would fall into place on their own. There's no way Capers is around next season unless the team begins playing like a playoff contender (not necessarily making it, but appearing like one capable).

rittenhouserobz
09-19-2005, 08:19 PM
I am not so upset about Glenn leaving as I am about giving up a 2nd and a 3rd for this player. Who knows? Where is this wonderful DB coach Hoke? Can't he motivate and build Pbuc up to at least play the NB position? Better times are ahead.

Bubbajwp
09-19-2005, 08:25 PM
I am not so upset about Glenn leaving as I am about giving up a 2nd and a 3rd for this player. Who knows? Where is this wonderful DB coach Hoke? Can't he motivate and build Pbuc up to at least play the NB position? Better times are ahead.
I would hope so becuase they cant get any worse

ledzeppelin229
09-19-2005, 08:29 PM
I would hope so becuase they cant get any worse

Trust me, they can. They always can.

Bubbajwp
09-19-2005, 08:34 PM
Trust me, they can. They always can.
Thats just scary.

Bubbajwp
09-19-2005, 08:36 PM
In the future i can see us cutting AJ and Drob so we save some money to pay Psuck and bradford more.

bigtex77
09-19-2005, 09:06 PM
So he doesn't have to tackle him.
There's nothing that kills me more than lack of effort, Deion Sanders would have at least went for his knees, and he hated tackling guys. Buchanon's effort was absolute garbage.