PDA

View Full Version : Texans v. Steelers - Pre-Game Discussion

Blitzburgh
09-13-2005, 05:31 AM
Yip-pee Kai-yea.

Theres a new sheriff comin' into Houston. He's fast on the draw and shoots straight up the middle. Sheriff Willie Parker runs all over lousy defenses.

The fastest gun in the NFL is about to arrive.

Yip-pee Kai-yea!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steelers 37 Texans 10

bigtex77
09-13-2005, 05:53 AM
Yip-pee Kai-yea.

Theres a new sheriff comin' into Houston. He's fast on the draw and shoots straight up the middle. Sheriff Willie Parker runs all over lousy defenses.

Steelers 37 Texans 10

You have no idea how bad I would like to disagree with you, unfortunately I can't. Congrats on being 2-0.

Tedc
09-13-2005, 06:01 AM
The pressure is all on Pittsburg.

Could you imagine losing to the Texans right now? :confused:

Crank_It_Up
09-13-2005, 06:02 AM
we just didn't get it done,
we have to execute,
we didn't play very well,
we have to play up to our potential,
blah, blah, blah,

excuse me, just getting ready for next week :bag:

Scooter
09-13-2005, 06:03 AM
i'm a big steelers fan, & smack talk's all well and good ... but it loses a lot of it's luster on a team that's about to get completely railroaded.

Tedc
09-13-2005, 06:07 AM
... but it loses a lot of it's luster on a team that's about to get completely railroaded.

Yeah, I feel bad for the Steelers right now.

Crank_It_Up
09-13-2005, 06:09 AM
Yeah, I feel bad for the Steelers right now.
good one :thumbup

TMC
09-13-2005, 06:11 AM
i'm a big steelers fan, & smack talk's all well and good ... but it loses a lot of it's luster on a team that's about to get completely railroaded.

I have to agree. Every Texan fan I have talked to almost seems to be in mourning. I remember those feelings from the Kordell era. Not going to kick a man when he is down.

But, as horrid as this sounds, I hope the Steelers take this game very seriously. Last time they swaggered in and stumbled out with a beating.

Hopefully our OLBs will be at 100% and we can send some heat off the edge. I think I would blitz Haggans all day and force Weigert to play Aaron Smith one on one. IMO, that is a huge advantage for us. I also like Hampton on their center. I expect/hope/it better happen that we can collapse the right side of their line and get some pressure on Carr. And, since we were gashed for some runs against the Titans, I hope we can stuff the run.

The Texans have a pretty good defensive unit with a handful of cracks. While I do not want to go after Robinson, I surely think that Ward, El, Wilson, and Morgan can exploit Buckley.

Just keep your heads up fellas. It is times like these where you find out who the real fans are....even if they are here complaining, they ARE here. Start winning, and you'll add three times the members and all of them followed the team since they were little...30 years or more....when they were the Oilers...blah, blah, blah.

Scooter
09-13-2005, 06:31 AM
But, as horrid as this sounds, I hope the Steelers take this game very seriously. Last time they swaggered in and stumbled out with a beating.

come in here thinking yall have a gimme game and you'll get beat. i wont question that because we've done it to the top teams every season (carolina's D, vick's falcons, etc). pats last year would've taken a loss to the texans if not for bogus penalties and one bad call by management (DD on a sweep while in fg range?!?!).

how are yall's backs doing though? i'm more interested in a good game than anything else and am itching to see the bus, how's he coming along? i saw the kid had a great game, but he's not what i envision the mean stealers to be. what i'd really like to see is 180lb robinson putting a lick on bettis and vice versa, those two are hitters.

BigBull17
09-13-2005, 07:14 AM
Yip-pee Kai-yea.

Steelers 37 Texans 10
Thats sweet just shift 8 to your score and.....
Pit 45 Hou 2 Yeah a safty Big Ben falls over laughing at our team in the endzone...

touttail
09-13-2005, 07:48 AM
I am a Louisiana transplant and ex Saint fan, not ready for the :bag: to come out. Been there done that! Yes guys, I got to Texas as quick as I could.

We do tend to play to a different level at home( thanks to the fans and me being hoarse and can't talk after the game). Look at last year against the Colts, Vikings, and Packers. We were so close.

Maybe we can rid ourselves for the "road funk" and play respectable.

bobby 119C :texflag:

Johnny Utah
09-13-2005, 07:54 AM
Yip-pee Kai-yea.

Steelers 37 Texans 10

Sounds about right.

texan279
09-13-2005, 08:17 AM
Boy Blitzburgh did you pick a bad week to come and troll...you will get no fun out of this...

JfromthaTray
09-13-2005, 08:22 AM
This is why I wish the bus were healthy. We have major problems with the speed backs who hit the hole fast.

JustBonee
09-13-2005, 08:27 AM
... Maybe we can rid ourselves for the "road funk" and play respectable. ..
"road funk" .. that what it was? Guess we'll see.

He had his way with the Titans. Now our turn?
http://images2.nfl.com/u/ap/photos/PAKS102091115_lower.jpg

touttail
09-13-2005, 08:36 AM
Sassy,

Hopefully that's what it was. If so and we beat the Steelers, I will definitely buy you a DAMN beer---LOL

bobby 119C :ok:

Shauk25
09-13-2005, 08:37 AM
I live in Texas about 2 hrs from houston, and i know houston plays much better at home.

However i think in the end we will pull it out,

JustBonee
09-13-2005, 08:39 AM
Sassy,

Hopefully that's what it was. If so and we beat the Steelers, I will definitely buy you a DAMN beer---LOL bobby 119C :ok:

:rofl:

Shauk25
09-13-2005, 08:44 AM
I watched him at Fresno and he has always been decent with Texans.

Is your backup that much better??

texan279
09-13-2005, 08:48 AM
No Carr has gotten that much WORSE...

LBC_Justin
09-13-2005, 11:38 AM
It truely is brutal to watch. AJ is becoming a wasted talent. There is only one option and that is to cut Carr. Otherwise AJ walks as soon as he can. He will be totally disgusted by that time.
LOL one regular season game, in which Carr runs for his life do to poor pass protection and it has come to this.

LOL you guys call yourself fans?

I just watched the game again about an hour ago. Our recievers played like ****. Our running back played like ****. Our D-line was dominated. Yes Carr didn't play well either.

Vinny
09-13-2005, 11:40 AM
I just watched the game again about an hour ago. Our recievers played like ****. Our running back played like ****. Our D-line was dominated. Yes Carr didn't play well either.Come on...let's be honest. You really can't see the routes the receivers ran on TV unless they pan out for a replay. They just don't show the secondary on TV.

LBC_Justin
09-13-2005, 11:51 AM
Come on...let's be honest. You really can't see the routes the receivers ran on TV unless they pan out for a replay. They just don't show the secondary on TV.True, true.

But I could see the poor blocking of the TE and WRs.

I hate to say it but the Buffalo Defense needs to be given some credit for the way our guys looked out there.

Carr staring at his primary reciever doesn't help either. I specifically watched for this. He does look away sometimes but not enough. I still feel that if given more protection Carr would be great.

HJam72
09-13-2005, 11:55 AM
Come on...let's be honest. You really can't see the routes the receivers ran on TV unless they pan out for a replay. They just don't show the secondary on TV.

That's true, but it doesn't take much imagination to know that Bradford is not open and AJ is doubled (at least).

I disagree that our D-line was dominated, at least not until they were exhausted because the Offense was attrocious. Our 2 new MLBs need work (some anyway) and Buchannon needs to stop backing off too much. But, the D-line was good (mostly), Babin and Peek were good, Robinson was an animal, and CC Brown....well, what can I say....I only noticed him when he was getting sacks or a short yardage tackle. I was impressed, because I was worried about him being a starter.

FILO_girl
09-13-2005, 12:07 PM
I watched him at Fresno and he has always been decent with Texans.

Is your backup that much better??

Banks? NOOOOOOOO! Why he is #2 I have no idea.
Ragone? Great in Europe, still needs work here.

David needs to shake his fear and find his self assurance. Being reticient in year 4 is not acceptable. Did you watch the Falcons/Eagles game and see the play where Vick stood defiant and poised in the pocket, waiting until the last second to find his target...and getting piled on (and fumbled) in the process? He didn't waiver in the face of several linemen inbound to see him crushed. Self assurance.

I realize that David has been the human test dummy for lineman NFL-wide but football isn't for cowards, or those who cower. His protection blows, he would be better served by paying the neighborhood bully his lunch money for Sunday protection. If I was him, I would go tell Capers and Casserly to go to a non-heavenly place until they give him players who know how to play on an offensive line.
It is a catch 22, he needs faith in his protectors and in himself, but is given nothing for protection so it is hard to be confident in this situation.

I am beginning to think our offensive (adjective that fits) Oline doesn't like Carr and does this lack of protection BS on purpose! :hmmm:

SESupergenius
09-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Ok I kinda like the 24 hour rule and watching the Steeler fans come here gets me more excited to see the next game and makes me forget the piece of **** play we saw over the weekend. Texans are 1-0 against the Steelers. Our only hope is to set up the run with the pass in this game and ball control. We don't need another 5 turnover day. Funny thing is, I was watching the game well into the 3rd quarter thinking that we still had a chance to win. As badly as we played we were still within reach. I can't see us giving 5 turnovers again in this game.

Doom Capers
09-13-2005, 12:13 PM
You know.....the Texans are the only team that Bill Cower has never beat in the regular season.....

Texans Pride
09-13-2005, 01:48 PM
I am begging you to DESTROY Carr on the 1st play from scrimmage. I want to see one of your defensive lineman stuff Carr's whole body inside his helmet on a sack. Of course then you will have to play a full game without laughing at total ineptitude.

Are you a Texans fan? Better yet are you a human being?

Johnny Utah
09-13-2005, 01:55 PM
It truely is brutal to watch. AJ is becoming a wasted talent. There is only one option and that is to cut Carr. Otherwise AJ walks as soon as he can. He will be totally disgusted by that time.

AJ will never be allowed to walk. Even if he wanted to leave he'll get slapped with the franchise tag.

JmikeT
09-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Banks? NOOOOOOOO! Why he is #2 I have no idea.
Ragone? Great in Europe, still needs work here.

David needs to shake his fear and find his self assurance. Being reticient in year 4 is not acceptable. Did you watch the Falcons/Eagles game and see the play where Vick stood defiant and poised in the pocket, waiting until the last second to find his target...and getting piled on (and fumbled) in the process? He didn't waiver in the face of several linemen inbound to see him crushed. Self assurance.

I realize that David has been the human test dummy for lineman NFL-wide but football isn't for cowards, or those who cower. His protection blows, he would be better served by paying the neighborhood bully his lunch money for Sunday protection. If I was him, I would go tell Capers and Casserly to go to a non-heavenly place until they give him players who know how to play on an offensive line.
It is a catch 22, he needs faith in his protectors and in himself, but is given nothing for protection so it is hard to be confident in this situation.

I am beginning to think our offensive (adjective that fits) Oline doesn't like Carr and does this lack of protection BS on purpose! :hmmm:
I think the better mode for Carr is to improvise and roll out...If the pocket collapses then just get on the run. It keeps the defense honest.
Offense 101 says that if you have an overly aggressive defense there are 3 solutions:

Screens to backs and receivers
Moving Pocket or roll out plays
Running plays outside the tackles

Now lets see if the coaches can figure it out.

False Start
09-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Yip-pee Kai-yea.

Steelers 37 Texans 10

I agree , you guys are gonna kick our a** this week . I'm pulling for you guys to win the Division . :headbang:

Rob Base
09-13-2005, 04:24 PM
Man I feel for you guys. Bills last week and Steelers in week 2. Hang in there!

Demon
09-13-2005, 04:25 PM
Wait a minute. Yes, as bad as it looks, there are 15 games left. Pittsburgh, you've won one (1) game. You gonna look that good every Sunday? No. Period. We gonna look that bad every Sunday. No. Period. :texans:

TITAN CHANCE
09-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Our terrible defense made Willie look like a freaking star! Don't worry about him just yet he has alot to prove still.

shinerbock_girl
09-13-2005, 05:14 PM
Man I feel for you guys. Bills last week and Steelers in week 2. Hang in there!

"Thank you Sir may i have another" :deadhorse :deadhorse

Geezzz, What could the Texans have done in a past life to deserve this???

H-Town Steel
09-13-2005, 05:14 PM
You know.....the Texans are the only team that Bill Cower has never beat in the regular season.....

very true and what an embarrasing game that was.....hopefully it will reminded to the team this week...a little motivation for the troops.

Ward86
09-13-2005, 05:18 PM
Our terrible defense made Willie look like a freaking star! Don't worry about him just yet he has alot to prove still.

Yeah, that's true. He only shredded the Bills last year too. And that was with the Steelers second string O-line.

Ward86
09-13-2005, 05:20 PM
Not a troll here. I wish you a good game and NO injuries on either side.

Texans Pride
09-13-2005, 05:22 PM
Yip-pee Kai-yea.

Steelers 37 Texans 10

Hey.....

Don't think your team is just going to walk into Reliant and have it's way with our team. We are going to fight till every second is off that clock. In the end the team with most heart, the desire, and the will to win is going to take the W. Your team better come ready to play or you'll be on Sports Center with Big Ben as a one hit wonder....His photo will be right next to Vanilla Ice!

COME ON BABY....GO TEXANS!!!!

Exascor
09-13-2005, 05:25 PM
Thanks and good luck to you guys as well. Hopefully we pull out a win on Sunday to put our team back on track. Welcome aboard!

Kaiser Toro
09-13-2005, 05:33 PM
If we can pick up the blitz and not turn the ball over we will be fine. Steelers fans are riding a great wave with Ben, but I think they feel there are still reservations whether this kid is that good.

I do think Parker is here to stay, but I expect our D to take care of buisness.

Diehardtexan
09-13-2005, 06:07 PM
Yip-pee Kai-yea.

Steelers 37 Texans 10
I heard that before..we can get 48 yards on offense but we still win this game...one thing I have to say about Caper, he will have a plan to beat you. You will always be our B****.

TMC
09-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Here is the reason why many Steeler fans are optimistic. We went 15-1 last season and returned all but 3 starters (Vincent, Ross, and Burress). Well, Burress missed about 5 games and Randle El actually had better numbers. Vincent started because Simmons, who is better, was injured. Ross left via free agency because he was told that Starks had the inside track on the starting job. So, the real key component of our offense, the line, brings back three Pro Bowlers (Marvel Smith, Faneca, and Hartings), Simmons-the true starter, and a young up and coming RT in Starks. This line appears stronger than the one we had last season. The Titans never really came close to getting to Ben. His two incompletions were throw aways.

At runningback, Bettis is doubtful (meaning Cowher won't dress him) and Staley is questionable (meaning IF he dresses, he will not play unless something drastic happens). Everyone else is probable. So, it appears that Willie Parker will get the brunt of the load. The thing we like, Albert Haynesworth said that Parker made it look like a high school game. They could not bring him down. Keith Bullock stated that while the defense missed a lot of tackles, Parker was responsible for making them miss a lot of them. He said Parker had a lot of power and the speed to be a game breaker.

Ben appeared amazingly confident, and we were worried before the game. He really did not have one bad throw, but like the announcers said, it was more like a 7 on 7 drill than a game. And, although we lost Burress, El has taken a bigger role. We are really high on Cedrick Wilson, who has good hands and is elusive after the catch. We also added Quincy Morgan to be our #4 and deep threat.

On defense, we allowed too many big plays against the Titans. They had a 57 yard pass (given up by our backup FS) and a 35 yard run. The defense gave up 180 yards in the first half. They really seemed flat, but all three of our OLBs were nursing injuries. So, we are hoping that our DL gets their *** chewed this week and responds. We actually have some good speed at LB with Porter, Farrior, Harrison, Haggans, and Foote. All play faster than they time. All our linebackers hit well. We are somewhat suspect to TEs and RBs. Our starting corners (Townsend and Williams) are not burners and need help over the top, but Hope has some range and does pretty well in that area. Both safeties are hitters and Polamalu can fly. There was an blurb by one of the media outlets (ESPN maybe) that said our young corners (Taylor, Colclough, and McFadden) were better than our starters but Cowher liked going with the veterans. Well, Taylor started in front of Williams last week. I hope that continues because he runs sub-4.4 and we will need him to stay with Johnson.

When you send 8 players to the Pro Bowl (Marvel Smith, Faneca, Hartings, Ward, Farrior, Porter, Polamalu, and Aaron Smith) and get a Pro Bowl NT and starting OG off IR coming into a new season, you have good reason to think your team is pretty solid.

Crank_It_Up
09-13-2005, 08:22 PM
It truely is brutal to watch. AJ is becoming a wasted talent. There is only one option and that is to cut Carr. Otherwise AJ walks as soon as he can. He will be totally disgusted by that time.yeah, let's cut Carr and see how many more quarterbacks we can ruin before we figure out that Carr was/is not the problem.

touttail
09-13-2005, 08:54 PM
I am begging you to DESTROY Carr on the 1st play from scrimmage. I want to see one of your defensive lineman stuff Carr's whole body inside his helmet on a sack. Of course then you will have to play a full game without laughing at total ineptitude.

Now that's the attitude a Texan fan should have.
lod01 get real and get your trash off the Texan board.

bobby 119C :texflag: :texflag: :texflag:

HJam72
09-13-2005, 09:07 PM
I heard that before..we can get 48 yards on offense but we still win this game...one thing I have to say about Caper, he will have a plan to beat you. You will always be our B****.

:embarrass

Well, at least you picked the right name for yourself, DieHardTexan.

OzzO
09-13-2005, 09:19 PM
Yip-pee Kai-yea.

Steelers 37 Texans 10

Sheriff? Aiight - so then there's also the Steeler, we'll substitute a construction worker for that... now just need to go find a biker, and indian, and a policeman and you can form yourself a nice group. :rolleyes:

Just messin. Makes me wonder how many people (and even Steeler fans alone knew of this Parker before last Sunday. Bettis and Staley were the chosen ones I thought.

Regardless, one silver lining is the Texans apparently tend to follow-up bombs with success, so we'll see what happens this go around.

Lookin' for a closer game than both our teams played last week.

HomeBred_Texan
09-13-2005, 09:24 PM
Yip-pee Kai-yea.

Steelers 37 Texans 10
Dang, you think we will score 10?

kcwilson
09-13-2005, 09:28 PM
OPEN FOR THOUGHT:

Anyone open to the idea of keeping Wells in the backfield most of the game and have him be a larger blocking back. You could actually line up Davis on the outside or motion him out of the backfield to create some odd matchups with LBs. To run inside, I think Wells might be better suited against the 3-4 and provide a little more protection that Davis, who if you watch the game tape was a speedbump for Buffalo's defense... he is the only reason they totally left Carr's arms intact.

Double Barrel
09-14-2005, 12:09 AM
You know, Pittsburgh really shouldn't concern themselves about this week...yeah, the Steelers need to worry about week 3 against the Patriots....January 22, 2005...41-27...AFC Championship Game...

yeah, just forget about us little ol' Texans...we ain't nothin' to worry about...you got other things on your mind....Patriots.... :whistle:

rittenhouserobz
09-14-2005, 06:44 AM
The Texans did not allow McGahee in the endzone with multiple shots within the 5 yard line. I can only assume that Pittsburgh run blocking is better than Buffalo and this parker kid is better than MacGahee, but I doubt it. However, Rothlesbooger will get picked in this game. I am looking forward to a defensive struggle with much running. Maybe we wil see Morency on 3rd downs. that would be nice. If the Steelers can pull a guy out of the woodwork, then maybe we can too. BTW I hope our rookie center gets a few snaps also. I wish the Texans luck.

texan279
09-14-2005, 07:44 AM
Don't think your team is just going to walk into Reliant and have it's way with our team. We are going to fight till every second is off that clock. In the end the team with most heart, the desire, and the will to win is going to take the W. Your team better come ready to play or you'll be on Sports Center with Big Ben as a one hit wonder....His photo will be right next to Vanilla Ice!

Where was the fight, heart, desire, and will last week? Big Ben a one hit wonder? He did lead the Steelers to a 15-1 season last year, J.P. Losman has done much less and he had his way with us last weekend...

Corrosion
09-14-2005, 09:06 AM
Boy Blitzburgh did you pick a bad week to come and troll...you will get no fun out of this...

I hate to repeat myself, but if we spread the field out, then I think Carr will get hit less, let alone sacked less. I'm not saying the WRs are going to catch the ball or bother getting open, but Carr then has a little more distance between him and the semi's you Steelers call LBs. I think our D played good last week, being that they were put in a ****py situation. I just was wondering how long the Texans were expecting the D to keep holding the Buffs to a FG every time the offense gave Buff a phenomenal starting spot. I think the game could be interesting, as long as the play calling isn't so blaintently predicable, I think we have *cough cough, hack hack* I'm sorry, I couldn't finish that thought. "...as long as the play calling isn't so predictable..." that's funny. We're screwed as long as we still have the same coaches. Hands down.

4 turnovers 6 sacks ... on the bright side the Texans D holds ONCE in the red zone :brickwall

45-9 Steelers :bag:

BigBull17
09-14-2005, 09:45 AM
I hate to repeat myself, but if we spread the field out, then I think Carr will get hit less, let alone sacked less. I'm not saying the WRs are going to catch the ball or bother getting open, but Carr then has a little more distance between him and the semi's you Steelers call LBs. I think our D played good last week, being that they were put in a ****py situation. I just was wondering how long the Texans were expecting the D to keep holding the Buffs to a FG every time the offense gave Buff a phenomenal starting spot. I think the game could be interesting, as long as the play calling isn't so blaintently predicable, I think we have *cough cough, hack hack* I'm sorry, I couldn't finish that thought. "...as long as the play calling isn't so predictable..." that's funny. We're screwed as long as we still have the same coaches. Hands down.

This is a good point. If Pit doesnt bring in nickle you may be able to matchup Mathis with a LB. If your CB dont have good speed, Mathis may hurt you anyway, but spreading the field helps compisate for poor blocking. As for Wells in the backfield to block, I saw hi get blown away last week by Takeo so thats not the end all beat all sollution. Though a big back is better to attack a fast D.

TheOgre
09-14-2005, 11:04 AM
I'm going out on a limb here. I am going to predict that we get more points and more yards than last week.

Corrosion
09-14-2005, 12:00 PM
I'm going out on a limb here. I am going to predict that we get more points and more yards than last week.

Thats quite a limb ..... Dont Fall :ouch: