PDA

View Full Version : True Texans Fans Stop Please !

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-12-2005, 10:01 AM
This is for all true Texans Fans please stop, pointing the finger. At the players, True fans stand behind there team no matter what, it's not the players fault, Mgnt. let go of A. Glen, J. Sharper, & R. Swinton It's not the player's fault they lack disipline that Dom, Charlie & Palmer fail to provide to them. We have very good players that are human beings, parents to children like us that have feelings as well as we do, that I'm sure read our threads that we post out of anger. I work at Bush Intercont. Airport Operations Supervisor, It was not a pretty sight watching the players walk down off of the 767 at 8:30 last night. They have feelings too, like us. It showed on them last night, maybe not Capers and Charlie, but on the players. A team that wants to win, but lacks the leadership in Mgnt. to make the right decsions. I wish I could of stopped everyone of them last night as they walked to thier buses and told them thank-you, just for them being here and finally having a team in Houston again, we went years without a team, and now we complain cause we have one, please fans show some compassion and love our players, it's truely not all thier fault. I wish I could of taken a picture of David Carr last night as he came off the back of the aircraft last night in his black suit pulling his bag behind him. You could truely tell he was carrying the whole team on his back by his expression. Here is a man that truely wants to win, loves the city of Houston, and is a loving father to his kids, please let's treat our players like we would want to be treated.............. :embarrass

Texas
09-12-2005, 10:06 AM
Good post...That touches my heart

Hervoyel
09-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Noble sentiments but you need to come to terms with the concept of "tough love". You can stand behind a bad team forever but you're not doing them any favors. You're not part of the solution then, you're part of the problem.

This town once came out and filled the Astrodome to cheer for Oiler teams that were beaten badly in Pittsburgh. Then we did it again the next year when it happened again. Nobody's wasting their love on the team today for a reason. The team is bad.

chuckm
09-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Agreed .... good post ..... but please don't mistake the predictable "kick em while they're down" ramblings of a few with the "I'm frustrated as h$$$ but I'm still with you" posts of the many ...

texan279
09-12-2005, 10:23 AM
I stand behind the team no matter what, as much as I have been bashing Carr of late I still stand behind him, but you cannot blame his performance yesterday on management or lack of leadership...

Kaiser Toro
09-12-2005, 10:24 AM
Touching yes, but this is what they get paid to do. This is not a HS team coming home after a loss in the state playoffs. This is a team that gets paid, well mind you, to win games.

As a season ticket holder since day one I pay money, I earn, to watch a good product. I am not quite sure what I saw on the offense yesterday. I will say that defense was not bad and at least showed a taste of something that could evolve into something. Carr is one step away from being on the Couch, and yes every pun imagineable is intended.

NFLforher
09-12-2005, 10:29 AM
Here is a man that truely wants to win, loves the city of Houston, and is a loving father to his kids, please let's treat our players like we would want to be treated.............. :embarrass

What does being a loving father have to do with winning football games?

By the way, I'm not blaming him totally for this loss.

I wouldn't blame him if he asks to leave but he won't.

profan
09-12-2005, 10:35 AM
I'm glad to see the teams was down. Would be very upset if they came off the plane with smiles on thier faces. The team needs support next week, but, the perfomance against the bills deserves a negative reaction. It is the players who need to produce and coaches need to give them the environment to succeed. the blame needs to go all around, players, coaches, etc.

edo783
09-12-2005, 11:53 AM
The WORSE possible fan reaction would be to boo them as they come on the field against the squelers. We may not like how yesterday went, but we still have to cheer them on. However, we reserve the right to ***** and moan about them on this board, on the air and in the papers. They need to know, that we know, they stunk it up, but that we still support them and expect them to turn it around and win.

Double Barrel
09-12-2005, 12:02 PM
I can't be a blind homer and act like our team did not just get completely owned, took the field with absolutely no fire, and just quit.

I love my team, but I'm also going to analyze the **** out of their play as a fanatic that loves the team.

If they need hugs, then go home to the wife and children.

But as football players, they need ANGER and RAGE to build a FIRE in their bellies. Football is not niiiiiiiiice kum-bay-ya marshmellow roasts. It is a full contact sport that chews up the weak and spits them out.

I, for one, love my team so much that I don't want to see them continually spit out at the bottom of the NFL.

Vinny
09-12-2005, 12:06 PM
I can't be a blind homer and act like our team did not just get completely owned, took the field with absolutely no fire, and just quit.

I love my team, but I'm also going to analyze the **** out of their play as a fanatic that loves the team.

But as football players, they need ANGER and RAGE to build a FIRE in their bellies. Football is not niiiiiiiiice kum-bay-ya marshmellow roasts. It is a full contact sport that chews up the weak and spits them out.

I, for one, love my team so much that I don't want to see them continually spit out at the bottom of the NFL.Good post. Carr is a great guy and a wonderful father, but so far he is a below average NFL QB.

FILO_girl
09-12-2005, 12:33 PM

I, for one, love my team so much that I don't want to see them continually spit out at the bottom of the NFL.

:texflag: Now this is a great post!

aj.
09-12-2005, 12:54 PM
I am a true Texans fan, just like I was a true Oilers fan. Thick and thin.

That said, the effort yesterday was an embarrassment. They have regressed to a 2002 level of performance and because the problem is already in their heads, especially the quarterback, this thing could snowball badly.

The offense is broken and in pieces. The defense lacks fire and intensity, except for two or three players. They were horrible yesterday and deserve all the criticism that can be heaped upon them. No more coddling and free rides. Either perform or go find a new place to work - and that goes for the players, coaches, and GM.

I don't care who puts on the uniform because I will be a fan longer than any of these players, coaches, and hopefully GM will be here. They just need to remember that when they put on the uniform (or put in the game plan, or make the draft pick/trade/free agent acquisition), that they are expected to get results.

I'll cheer success wildly, but I'll also criticize what I consider failure with as much gusto. Just don't get criticism confused with not being a "true fan."

SESupergenius
09-12-2005, 12:55 PM
David Carr is as good as his offensive line plays, like most NFL cornerbacks.

Exascor
09-12-2005, 12:59 PM

That said, the effort yesterday was an embarrassment. They have regressed to a 2002 level of performance and because the problem is already in their heads, especially the quarterback, this thing could snowball badly.

The offense is broken and in pieces. The defense lacks fire and intensity, except for two or three players. They were horrible yesterday and deserve all the criticism that can be heaped upon them. No more coddling and free rides. Either perform or go find a new place to work - and that goes for the players, coaches, and GM.

I don't care who puts on the uniform because I will be a fan longer than any of these players, coaches, and hopefully GM will be here. They just need to remember that when they put on the uniform (or put in the game plan, or make the draft pick/trade/free agent acquisition), that they are expected to get results.Wow-my exact feelings. Nice post aj and thanks for the VotF.

texan279
09-12-2005, 01:04 PM
David Carr is as good as his offensive line plays, like most NFL cornerbacks.

Sure, Carr's entire performance yesterday was the O line's fault.... :tv:

SESupergenius
09-12-2005, 01:08 PM
Sure, Carr's entire performance yesterday was the O line's fault.... :tv:
Sure it was all Carr's Fault. :tv:

PapaL
09-12-2005, 01:10 PM
Football is not niiiiiiiiice kum-bay-ya marshmellow roasts.

That my friend is the funniest thing I have heard today. Might have to make you my new signature.

texasguy346
09-12-2005, 01:11 PM

I don't care who puts on the uniform because I will be a fan longer than any of these players, coaches, and hopefully GM will be here. They just need to remember that when they put on the uniform (or put in the game plan, or make the draft pick/trade/free agent acquisition), that they are expected to get results.

I'll cheer success wildly, but I'll also criticize what I consider failure with as much gusto. Just don't get criticism confused with not being a "true fan."

My feelings exactly.

Hervoyel
09-12-2005, 01:13 PM
Sure it was all Carr's Fault. :tv:

senseless back and forth bickering. The two are interwoven, you can't seperate David Carr's mistakes from the mistakes of his offensive line at this point. One helped create the other and both of them make the other look bad.

Carr wasn't this bad when he got here. The offensive line has always been lousy. Now, in 2005 it doesn't matter who stunk first. Carr is what he is and now he does things that make the line look bad just as often as they do things that make him look bad.

texan279
09-12-2005, 01:16 PM
Sure it was all Carr's Fault

Sure it was, out of the 3 INT's he threw, how many did he throw under pressure or while scrambling? One? Two for sure that he threw I know he had time in the backfield. I guess the O line has messed up his accuracy too...Even go back to the preseason, out of all the INT's he threw in the preseason, I saw maybe one that he threw under pressure...

SESupergenius
09-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Sure it was, out of the 3 INT's he threw, how many did he throw under pressure or while scrambling? One? Two for sure that he threw I know he had time in the backfield. I guess the O line has messed up his accuracy too...Even go back to the preseason, out of all the INT's he threw in the preseason, I saw maybe one that he threw under pressure...
With this line your passes are not going to be clean. After getting his bell rung on several plays, I was surprised he could loft a deep ball, much less run for his life. You will get your wish this season because Carr will get injured for sure, then when you have Banks and Ragone getting sacked and throw int's come back and give me your excuse. Did you not see Carr dart it 20 yards right in on the Gaffneys numbers? Deep ball to Bradford who had his eyes closed (watch it in HD)? On the int over the middle, Murphy didn't even try to make a grab.

aj.
09-12-2005, 01:29 PM
you can't seperate David Carr's mistakes from the mistakes of his offensive line at this point. Sure you can, or at least you better if you want to fix causes and not symptoms.

Is it the o-line's fault that Carr has limited field vision, stares down his target or makes ill advised decisions like when he threw balls like he did to Terence Newman and Troy Vincent (twice)? No.

Is it Carr's fault that the o-line has trouble pass blocking for more than two seconds? No.

Two totally separate failure modes with the same net effect. And when you want to mitigate the net effect it's best to address each failure mode separately.

texan279
09-12-2005, 01:30 PM
With this line your passes are not going to be clean. You will get your wish this season because Carr will get injured for sure, then when you have Banks and Ragone getting sacked and throw int's come back and give me your excuse. Did you not see Carr dart it 20 yards right in on the Gaffneys numbers? Deep ball to Bradford who had his eyes closed (watch it in HD)? On the int over the middle, Murphy didn't even try to make a grab.

I never wished for anyone to get injured so do not put words in my mouth. And now you are blaming the O line for Carr's "dirty" passes? lol

Kaiser Toro
09-12-2005, 01:32 PM
With this line your passes are not going to be clean. You will get your wish this season because Carr will get injured for sure, then when you have Banks and Ragone getting sacked and throw int's come back and give me your excuse. Did you not see Carr dart it 20 yards right in on the Gaffneys numbers? Deep ball to Bradford who had his eyes closed (watch it in HD)? On the int over the middle, Murphy didn't even try to make a grab.

It really does not matter what we think of Carr whether you are proponent or an opponent of his cost to our bottom line. However, you do have to look at the possibility of players quitting on him. We will see how great of a leader he is and if he can get our offense on the right track.

A change at the QB position may be the thing for the team at large as the Defense is the unit that should reflect the personality of this team, not Carr. Until we change the identity, we will see more dissapointment. Gary Walker please step up and start making people accountable.

TEXANRED
09-12-2005, 01:32 PM
Well the way I see it is if we arent complaining about such a lackluster performance, then no one in this city cares about this team. I dont know about the rest of you but I get tired of getting my heart trampled on every sunday. Heck my friend looked at me yesterday and asked how do you know when its football season? He pointed over to me and said, "when he is depressed."(I hate him, he is an Eagle fan.) Then to compound things by the Cowboys winning. I hate cowboy fans too.

It also has to do with the representation of the city as well. When they strap on the gear and they go out and play they represent each and every one of us. Yesterday the Texan players said we are lazy, unenthusiastic, unenspired, none motivated, fools.

I just dont see how it could get worse.....but then again we are playing pitt this week.

SESupergenius
09-12-2005, 01:33 PM
Sure you can, or at least you better if you want to fix causes and not symptoms.

Is it the o-line's fault that Carr has limited vision, stares down his target or throws balls like he did to Terence Newman and Troy Vincent (twice)? No. Yes, very much so. When the pocket is collapsing like it did numberous times and coaches are not calling quick slants, your vision becomes narrow because you have to pick a target quicker to get rid of it. If the target is covered you don't have time to check down your progressions.

RocCityJag
09-12-2005, 01:34 PM
This is for all true Texans Fans please stop, pointing the finger. At the players, True fans stand behind there team no matter what, it's not the players fault, Mgnt. let go of A. Glen, J. Sharper, & R. Swinton It's not the player's fault they lack disipline that Dom, Charlie & Palmer fail to provide to them. We have very good players that are human beings, parents to children like us that have feelings as well as we do, that I'm sure read our threads that we post out of anger. I work at Bush Intercont. Airport Operations Supervisor, It was not a pretty sight watching the players walk down off of the 767 at 8:30 last night. They have feelings too, like us. It showed on them last night, maybe not Capers and Charlie, but on the players. A team that wants to win, but lacks the leadership in Mgnt. to make the right decsions. I wish I could of stopped everyone of them last night as they walked to thier buses and told them thank-you, just for them being here and finally having a team in Houston again, we went years without a team, and now we complain cause we have one, please fans show some compassion and love our players, it's truely not all thier fault. I wish I could of taken a picture of David Carr last night as he came off the back of the aircraft last night in his black suit pulling his bag behind him. You could truely tell he was carrying the whole team on his back by his expression. Here is a man that truely wants to win, loves the city of Houston, and is a loving father to his kids, please let's treat our players like we would want to be treated.............. :embarrass

Wow a texans fan that has something nice to say about her team and has the balls to stand up for it. more of you should be like her.

Hervoyel
09-12-2005, 01:54 PM
Sure you can, or at least you better if you want to fix causes and not symptoms.

Is it the o-line's fault that Carr has limited field vision, stares down his target or makes ill advised decisions like when he threw balls like he did to Terence Newman and Troy Vincent (twice)? No.

Is it Carr's fault that the o-line has trouble pass blocking for more than two seconds? No.

Two totally separate failure modes with the same net effect. And when you want to mitigate the net effect it's best to address each failure mode separately.

Carr has limited field vision; For the last three years Carr has rarely been given the necessary time to see the field. How is this supposed to get better when the majority of the time he's got three seconds to live on any given play?

Carr stares down his target; For the last three seasons Carr has mostly had time to look at exactly one friggin target in the time allowed before either dumping it off to DD or running for his life.

Carr makes ill advised decisions; Most young QB's do make ill advised decisions. Going into his fourth season you would think that David Carr had worked a lot of this out of his system but he hasn't. How many QB's make good decisions when they're getting their bell rung constantly? How many times do you see people talking about getting to the quarterback and ringing his bell to rattle him? Well aj that's our QB for the majority of every game he plays.

Now we look at our offensive line who can't pass block for more than two seconds. On an side note they don't run block all that well either and it's not David Carr's fault that they can't run block. It's just something he's got to deal with when he finds himself on 3rd and 8 with a blitz coming.

Honestly sometimes our line does pass block for more than two seconds. It's not their fault that David never seems to know what to do with this sudden wealth of time he's been given. Those plays when he gets time are some of the most inexplicable of all. He looks, and looks, and looks and then finally, like a deer overcoming the glare of oncoming headlights he finally starts to do something. Of course now four or five seconds have gone by and the line's closing it. Time to run for your life again David.

Absolutely you have to fix them seperately. To deny that they aren't now both aggravating one another is plain silly though. It's glaringly obvious.

Chance_C
09-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Wow a texans fan that has something nice to say about her team and has the balls to stand up for it. more of you should be like her

Just like a Jags fan, putting a set of b@lls on a female.

swtbound07
09-12-2005, 02:33 PM
here is the thing. I am a Texans fan, have been since day one. Always will be, just like my brother in law was a buccaneers fan in the 70's, from day one. Criticism of performances isnt a personal attach on all things texan. We all love our team, and we all want them to get better. Its the equivalent of having a child that wants to touch a hot stove. The first time it happens, yes, its bad, but you understand its a learning process, and from then on they will no better. The frustrating thing about this team is that they KEEP touching the same stove and expecting a different result. How can you stand by and not voice displeasure at a quarterback who has the potential to be truly great getting abused needlessly every sunday. Over something as fundamentally simple as getting 5 guys on the field to protect him? How can you as a fan not speak up when EVERYBODY in the united states of america knows that we are handing off to dominack on 1st and probably 2nd down? How can you as a fan not be exasperated by watching the opposing qb have 20 years to complete a pass? I for one cannot sit idly by and pretend everything is beautiful through battle red glasses. The texans are my team, be it 16-0 or 0-16, and i will be watching every sunday, but dont expect me to watch the destruction of a good team without sadness in my heart.

texan279
09-12-2005, 02:39 PM
The first time it happens, yes, its bad, but you understand its a learning process, and from then on they will no better. The frustrating thing about this team is that they KEEP touching the same stove and expecting a different result.

The Texans have gone from touching the stove to climbing in the stove...

texan0305
09-12-2005, 03:12 PM
hey last time i checked ur post wont win any football games, sorry touchy post, but the bottom line is winning, if they dont win they deserved to be rediculed these guys get paid too much money for us not to criticize them, if they dont like the fact that the fans are criticising them or the fact that the media can be harsh at times, well quit playing football, dont play professional sports, as a season ticket holder i want the best product out on that field, so if management and the players cant provide that then they should step down or get fired, hey it's the real world, where u work as a operater at the airport if you dont perform your job theres going to be someone to take ur place, football is no different......

"and boom goes the dynamite!"

FILO_girl
09-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Just like a Jags fan, putting a set of b@lls on a female.

I think MYDAUGHTERSTEXANS is male. :)

Runner
09-12-2005, 03:17 PM
Gary Walker please step up and start making people accountable.

How accountable was he for his sub par play the past couple of years? Leaders have to walk the walk, not just talk the talk.

Wow! I just spoke in cliche.

JfromthaTray
09-12-2005, 03:19 PM
True fans are exactly that, true. I like to call them real fans, realists. Not looking at this team through rosy colored glasses. We tell it like it is and other than the grit the defense played with until they were wore down because of an inept offense, what good did you see from this team, what other positives were there?

BigBull17
09-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Good post. Carr is a great guy and a wonderful father, but so far he is a below average NFL QB.

Thats because hes gun shy and punch drunk from getting creamed all day for 4 years.

Runner
09-12-2005, 03:26 PM
Many of the players are nice guys and wonderful fathers. Even O-lineman and receivers and linebackers and tight ends and...

Kaiser Toro
09-12-2005, 03:27 PM
How accountable was he for his sub par play the past couple of years? Leaders have to walk the walk, not just talk the talk.

Wow! I just spoke in cliche.

I mentioned him as he seems to have the type of personality that he would be able to shoulder the hits from the media or the team. We need someone to speak up and call people out. Walker has been injured and not lived up to his extension, as of yet, but I do not know of any other players that command the respect such as this former All-Pro veteran.

Runner
09-12-2005, 03:31 PM
I mentioned him as he seems to have the type of personality that he would be able to shoulder the hits from the media or the team. We need someone to speak up and call people out. Walker has been injured and not lived up to his extension, as of yet, but I do not know of any other players that command the respect such as this former All-Pro veteran.

His yearly "sore hamstrings" during 2-a-days doesn't inspire me with his leadership potential. Again, you have to lead by example.

However, I don't know who that leader is either.

Porky
09-12-2005, 03:36 PM
The Texans have gone from touching the stove to climbing in the stove...

Oops, the timer just went off. Yup. Just stuck a fork in them. They're done.

cuppacoffee
09-12-2005, 04:04 PM

My sentiments exactly. We all post on this mb because we are Texan fans. :texflag:
(except for the trolls of course)

Chance_C
09-12-2005, 04:21 PM
I think MYDAUGHTERSTEXANS is male.

Probably is, but Jag's fan thinks he's a she. :confused:

Honoring Earl 34
09-12-2005, 05:55 PM
:pigfly: This is where Tammy Wynette sings " Stand by your man . "
It still looks like Carr does 'nt interpret the coverage or blitzes very quickly . I know he does 'nt have much time but QBs don't get blitzed much when the defense gets torched downfield or in the seam.

HoustonFan
09-12-2005, 06:15 PM
I love the Texans, like I love the Rockets, Comets, Astros or any other team coming out of Houston. HOUSTON PRIDE!!!! They have become a Houston team - inconsistent. Rockets and Comets got it right a couple of times and got us some championships. I think the Aeros even did at some point. Oilers came close on 3 chances and we all know what happened. :embarrass :brickwall :thud:

Hopefully the Texans can and WILL shake off the inconsistencies and get the wins.

DDurfBeau
09-12-2005, 06:35 PM
I was at buffalo and you all blame the players and the GM well how bout blameing the coaches. the play calling in this game was by far the worst i have ever seen. when i went to the jets game last year, i thought that was the worst but the buffalo game far exceeds that. capers doesn't know how to call a game on the road. new york fan

TEXANRED
09-12-2005, 06:40 PM
I was at buffalo and you all blame the players and the GM well how bout blameing the coaches. the play calling in this game was by far the worst i have ever seen. when i went to the jets game last year, i thought that was the worst but the buffalo game far exceeds that. capers doesn't know how to call a game on the road. new york fan

Yea I have been saying that for a while. We have two plays, run, run, pass, punt. And of course our favorite, run, run, sack, punt

Vinny
09-12-2005, 06:44 PM
Yea I have been saying that for a while. We have two plays, run, run, pass, punt. And of course our favorite, run, run, sack, puntWe passed on first down more than we ran yesterday.

touttail
09-13-2005, 09:48 AM
I don't really post here to belittle our team. Just a place to go to vent. Cindy, my wife won't put up with my belly aching for 1 minute, so I have to do it some where! LOL

bobby 119C :tv:

The Mighty Texan
10-22-2006, 08:14 PM
I don't really post here to belittle our team. Just a place to go to vent. Cindy, my wife won't put up with my belly aching for 1 minute, so I have to do it some where! LOL

bobby 119C :tv:

Amen brother! Amen...

I am The Mighty Texan.. and one day...

mexican_texan
10-22-2006, 08:17 PM
....Your post is over a month late.

whiskeyrbl
10-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Try 13 months

The Mighty Texan
10-22-2006, 08:31 PM
so it takes me a while to read the big words... lol