PDA

View Full Version : #2UT or #6Ohio State

Texas
09-05-2005, 10:50 PM
The gaming is coming up this saturday and I beleive it will be a very very good game. However I beleive Ohio State wont be able to hold Vincent Young and the Texas offense therefore giving Texas the win 24-14

Youngstown Colt
09-05-2005, 10:54 PM
You will then be in for a rude awakening.

You think you have the corners to hold Holmes and Ginn to 14 points?

kbourda
09-05-2005, 11:04 PM
I just hope this game has the makings of a classic. It is one of the best early season matchups in college football in years. Too early to call a winner but I will say this, Ohio State did themselves no favor by giving some bulletin board material to Texas. But it also helps more to talk trash when you play at home. Can't wait til Saturday.

keyfro
09-06-2005, 01:18 PM
after both teams putting a beating on their week one opponent i'll give the edge to UT...overall they looked a lot more impressive to me...although you can make the arguement that the ragin cajuns were not up to par with ohio...obviously this is gonna be a hard hitting game...i look for it to be a close game with UT winning it in the 4th quarter...if and this might be a big IF UT wins i believe they'll win out...but if they lose i think they'll choke against OU and Tech this year and again no make it to the big XII championship

WillisXPress
09-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Ohio State will win this game.

How you ask?

We have the team speed on the defensive side of the ball to flush and contain Vince Young, we have the best trio of linebackers in the nation, and our Db's can cover your WRs, not that it matters, Vince Young won't be getting good passes off.

OK, we beat Michigan handily last year at home. Texas barely beat Michgan in the rose bowl.

Texas lost Benson (top 5 NFL pick) and DJ, another first round pick... Ohio state lost.... nobody.

We are the more complete team, I see a good game, but when Ohio state keeps Young out of the endzone, making him rely on his arm to win, our D will make and inaccurate passes thier own.

Khari
09-06-2005, 01:36 PM
Go Ohio ! :tv:

gwallaia
09-06-2005, 02:17 PM
This one is hard to pick. I think UT is the better team but the game is being played in Ohio. I still give the edge to the Horns 27-24. The Texas faithful should hope however that the game does not come down to them kicking a field goal to win it.

Blake
09-06-2005, 02:23 PM
Ohio St. -Home- -Ginn- -Holmes-

Texas -Away- -Has VY- -Nice stable of Backs-

To win, I think Texas will have to make this a high scoring affair. But this game has the looks of a Oklahoma, Texas game last year.

I want Texas to win, but if I had to put money on it, I would go with Ohio for one reason.

The Horseshoe.

WillisXPress
09-06-2005, 02:50 PM
To win, I think Texas will have to make this a high scoring affair. But this game has the looks of a Oklahoma, Texas game last year.

My thoughts exactly.

rmartin65
09-06-2005, 03:17 PM
UT takes it.

El Tejano
09-06-2005, 03:24 PM
I don't believe anyone will be able to contain Romance Taylor when he lines up wideout. Vince Young's decision making has improved. He didn't beat the Cajun's this past week though. It was the 3 RBs they have Charles, Young, Romance Taylor and TE Dave Thomas. This made for an extremely fresh running game in the mid of the 3rd and 4th quarter which is what I believe will help UT win. With that combination UT has been able to put forth more of a team effort rather than keeping the ball in only two guys hands unlike much of the previous two seasons.

WWJD
09-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Hook Em!

Hervoyel
09-06-2005, 05:09 PM
Am I the only one who saw this thread title and read it as:

#2 UT or #60 Ohio

I was thinking "Man! Didn't Ohio State used to be good?"

Corrosion
09-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Ohio St. -Home- -Ginn- -Holmes-

Texas -Away- -Has VY- -Nice stable of Backs-

I want Texas to win, but if I had to put money on it, I would go with Ohio for one reason.

The Horseshoe.

UT has arguably the best offensive and defensive lines in the country .

Football games are won and lost in the trenches ....

UT by 14 :texflag:

rmartin65
09-06-2005, 06:44 PM
Am I the only one who saw this thread title and read it as:

#2 UT or #60 Ohio

I was thinking "Man! Didn't Ohio State used to be good?"

no, i did as well. thats what drew me too the thread.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
09-06-2005, 06:53 PM
Who is starting for Ohio State at QB?

Fiddy
09-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Who is starting for Ohio State at QB? No idea.

Go figure, the year the Longhorns can beat OU, they have to play Ohio State.

Huge
09-06-2005, 06:55 PM
You will then be in for a rude awakening.

You think you have the corners to hold Holmes and Ginn to 14 points?
Texas has one of the best secondaries in the country. Yes, we have the CBs to hold Holmes and Ginn to 14 points. Will they? Remains to be seen. But we have the talent to pull it off.

How you ask?

We have the team speed on the defensive side of the ball to flush and contain Vince Young, we have the best trio of linebackers in the nation, and our Db's can cover your WRs, not that it matters, Vince Young won't be getting good passes off.
I can see that happening.

OK, we beat Michigan handily last year at home. Texas barely beat Michgan in the rose bowl.
Last year Oklahoma beat Texas A&M by just 7 points. They beat Texas by 12 points. So it would stand to reason that A&M would beat Texas, right? But they lost to Texas by 13 points.

How do you explain that?

Texas lost Benson (top 5 NFL pick) and DJ, another first round pick... Ohio state lost.... nobody.
Dustin Fox - "Nobody"
Mike Nugent - "Nobody"
Simon Fraser - "Nobody"

It's funny that you list Cedric Benson and Derrick Johnson as the losses for Texas but you left out the biggest loss...Dusty Mangum.

We are the more complete team, I see a good game, but when Ohio state keeps Young out of the endzone, making him rely on his arm to win, our D will make and inaccurate passes thier own.
I can see that happening as well.

Will Troy Smith be starting or is he still suspended? If he's starting, it's his first of the season. Any great defense can make a QB look incompetent at any given time. When it's your first start of the season, the odds of that happening increase.

If he's not starting, Justin Zwick doesn't concern me.

Still, I see Ohio State winning this one. John Cooper is long gone so the Buckeyes blowing games at home that they should win is unlikely. Combine our kicking woes and I think they win.

Ohio State - 24
Texas - 17

Hope I'm wrong.

Exascor
09-06-2005, 07:07 PM
Ohio St is ranked #4 now. Sounds like the makings of a great game. With USC's creampuff schedule, Texas can't afford to lose this game if they want to be in the hunt of a title.

Hoss
09-06-2005, 07:18 PM
hook 'em baby! :jam:

Youngstown Colt
09-06-2005, 07:20 PM
I don't believe anyone will be able to contain Romance Taylor when he lines up wideout. Vince Young's decision making has improved.Ashton Yuboty, Nate Salley, and Dante Whitner can certainly handle the amazing Romance Taylor.

Huge
09-06-2005, 08:05 PM
How many games did y'all lose last year? And with all these uber-players, how is that possible?

Hervoyel
09-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Who is starting for Ohio State at QB?

Some dude who's really lousy if they're ranked #60!

:heh:

rmartin65
09-06-2005, 09:00 PM
i think zwick is starting.

WillisXPress
09-06-2005, 10:21 PM
i think zwick is starting.

I was at the Jim Tressel press conferance today, he said that they will both get playing time. General consensus around here is that Zwick will start, Troy will get at least a half, but it really depends on Zwick. If he shreds your D (not very confident that that will happen, but who knows) he'll keep playing. If Zwick throws a pick 6 on the first series because he's only in there because he "earned it" by Troy Smith getting suspended (which is my #1 fear, the only way we lose is if we make stupid mistakes... like playing your 3rd best QB as the starter out of loyalty in the biggest game in recent history) .....phew...... but I digress....

Tressel is too loyal to bench Zwick coming off 2 W's, ... my greatest desire is that Zwick does nothing on 2-3 series, but our D keeps Young in Check long enough for Troy Smith and his sick WR's to make plays...

Texas
09-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Wow okay...ITS OHIO STATE #6 now #4...I know its hard to tell the O from the 0 but check it out closer - ty

TheOgre
09-06-2005, 11:02 PM
I think Texas has a better chance of beating Ohio State both years than the other way around. However, I think in all likelihood the home team wins each game. I sure hope I am wrong this year. :brickwall

Yankee_In_TX
09-06-2005, 11:33 PM
26,000 votes in, espn.com's poll says Texas (53%).

GO BUCKEYES! I am so excited, we'll be there!

Someone not mentioned here, who should make some headway for us - Pittman!

Not sure, this early in the year (pre BCS) what counts for ranking.

But I'll take #2 v #4, WHAT a premise!

On that note, one AD will be a hero, one will be an *****! LOL! I'm glad we're playing, BUT, one of the teas is getting screwed (since it's preseason)/

Youngstown Colt
09-07-2005, 12:45 AM
How many games did y'all lose last year? And with all these uber-players, how is that possible?A horrid running game, and no Ted Ginn.

Once Teddy got in the games, the wins started flowing.

Crank_It_Up
09-07-2005, 01:37 AM
...if I had to put money on it, I would go with Ohio for one reason.

The Horseshoe.exactly
http://www.hangonsloopy.com/images/teamshop/products/views/01169.jpg

Ohio State has won 36-consecutive non-conference games in Ohio Stadium(cap. 102,329), last losing in 1990 against the University of Southern California.

Crank_It_Up
09-07-2005, 01:58 AM
Tressel is a master in close games. Since coming to Ohio State, he is 16-7 in games decided by a touchdown or less and 4-1 in overtime games.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/osu/sports/m-footbl/01-02roster/s-tressel.jpg

He is at his best against the best with a 16-5 record against teams ranked in the Top 25 and a 6-1 mark against teams ranked in the Top 10.

Huge
09-07-2005, 01:08 PM
It doesn't help that he's friends with Bob Stoops. Somebody that knows a thing or two about how to beat Texas.

TheOgre
09-07-2005, 03:25 PM
The funny thing is that Stoops is really good at blowing a game every year. OSU, K-State, TCU, A&M, and others have embarrassed them. Too bad Texas hasn't gotten into that action. Lets hope we get years of frustration resolved all at once.

Blake
09-07-2005, 03:30 PM
exactly

Ohio State has won 36-consecutive non-conference games in Ohio Stadium(cap. 102,329), last losing in 1990 against the University of Southern California.

This is true. But also, Texas has won 21 of its last 22 games on an opponent’s home field.

This will be a damn good game IMO.

GetItHowULive
09-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Vincent Young and the 'Horns are gonna blow 'em out, hook 'em!!

JustBonee
09-07-2005, 06:42 PM
...GO BUCKEYES! I am so excited, we'll be there!..
Lucky dog! I would love to be there!
Dual QBs and all, my gut feeling tells me UT will win this one. .. but that will be Ohio State's only loss in 05.
Should be a good one!

Yankee_In_TX
09-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Lucky dog! I would love to be there!
Dual QBs and all, my gut feeling tells me UT will win this one. .. but that will be Ohio State's only loss in 05.
Should be a good one!

Dual QB's, IMO, is a bad thing. We haven't had a decent QB since Germain (and I only said DECENT). Zwick is all right, but has that tunnel vision that has plagued Carr before.

God bless our past D's and special teams! The year we find an offense, is the year we win another national championship (I'll be the first to admit it, we didn't have much of an O the year we won!).

texanfan2002114
09-07-2005, 10:43 PM
Yankee I hope you bring the tissues. From what I am reading the Ohio State D is focusing on V. Young way to much. I believe his going to beat Ohio State with his arm not his legs.

I think State is to worried about him running that players like Brian Carter, David Thomas and Limas Sweed will make State pay.

HOOK EM!!!

:texflag: :texflag: :texflag:

Youngstown Colt
09-07-2005, 11:59 PM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/osu/sports/m-footbl/01-02roster/s-tressel.jpgThe future governor of Ohio

This is the same man who, while coaching Youngstown State, successfully schemed against Steve McNair at Alcorn State, and blew McNair's seemingly unbeatable team out of the water.

He has my complete trust.

Crank_It_Up
09-08-2005, 05:18 AM
The future governor of Ohio

This is the same man who, while coaching Youngstown State, successfully schemed against Steve McNair at Alcorn State, and blew McNair's seemingly unbeatable team out of the water.

He has my complete trust.I'm a big Tressel fan, I was worried that the crap with Maurice Clarret and the NCAA investigations would cause him to resign... glad he's still a buckeye. Go Bucks!

Youngstown Colt
09-08-2005, 01:26 PM
I'm a big Tressel fan, I was worried that the crap with Maurice Clarret and the NCAA investigations would cause him to resign... glad he's still a buckeye. Go Bucks!They call him the teflon coach. No matter what happens, he can't be touched.

I did worry for a little bit about him resigning, but I've talked to people that played under him at YSU, and they said he never knew about the rouge boosters then, and I don't think he knew about them at OSU.

You can't control what those boosters do, because they do it out of the view of the coach.

Yankee_In_TX
09-08-2005, 01:28 PM
Every school does it, it's all a matter of who gets caught.

I think the 'ideal' school is very, very, very unrealistic (because of human nature).

threetoedpete
09-09-2005, 11:53 AM

How you ask?

Texas 34 OSU 21.

Saw Scott make a block @ the 5:18 mark in the third quarter. I know it was La. Laf. but
it was a great block on any level. Cratered the left side of the line by engaging four people within a two second spand, awesome. Pancaked three guys, lol. The entire defense cratered. All these guys waiting behind Ced Benson are locked and loaded. Noone is deep enough along the defensive front seven to hold back that tsunami of Texas' running backs.
We're gonna find out Satuarday about the stud LBs of OSU, cause they're gonna earn their pay. Gonna be fun.

nunusguy
09-09-2005, 02:03 PM
" 10 Texas
5 p.m. at Ohio State
Favorite OHST OHST OHST OHST
Point spread -1 -1˝ -1˝ -1
Total 46o/u 46o/u 46˝o/u 46o/u
Total money line -110 -110 -110 -110
http://www.vegas.com/gaming/sportsline_ncaaf.html
Vegas books line now has the Buckeyes favored by only 1-11/2 points which
means they would probaly be the underdog at a neutral site.

Haams
09-09-2005, 02:50 PM
Man, it's gonna be great to see UT take it in front of allllll those fans.

UT - 37 OSU - 21

(we miss one extra point, but kick a field goal)

nunusguy
09-09-2005, 09:54 PM
exactly
I dunno.....maybe that's the last time any non-conference team besides
someone like Bowling Green or Northwestern Central Rhode Island played
a game there ?

Youngstown Colt
09-10-2005, 01:22 AM
I dunno.....maybe that's the last time any non-conference team besides
someone like Bowling Green or Northwestern Central Rhode Island played
a game there ?Yeah, or Washington, NC State, or Washington State, or any of the other teams that showed up and got embarassed at the horseshoe?

Good teams know that if they want a shot at the title, to stay away from Columbus. You can't schedule the big boys if they don't want to play.

Oh yeah, and talk to USC and Va Tech, who will both be coming to play at OSU later this decade.

Huge
09-10-2005, 08:54 AM
The rankings of those teams listed, scores of those games and their final rankings:

#17 Washington - 28-9, unranked
#24 NC State - 44-38 (3 OT), unranked
#10 Washington State - 26-7, #10

Most impressive.

Although I will give credit to their upcoming schedules. I know they have USC coming up in '09 and '10 and then Miami in '11 and '12 but I haven't read/heard anything about VTech.

Those kind of things are always pretty difficult though. As you can see, they get scheduled pretty far out in advance. So if Miami really stinks several years from now, I don't think it should reflect poorly on tOSU for scheduling them.

rmartin65
09-10-2005, 09:41 AM
Texas should win.

WillisXPress
09-10-2005, 10:02 AM
BUCKEYE NATION!!!! ARE YOU READY????!?!?!?!?!?

Lets hear it...Are you pumped....?

http://www.elksfootball.com/images/aj1.jpg

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/football/college/img8801717.jpg

http://www.barryhowe.com/images/collfb_images/ohio13.jpg

http://www.kgw.com/sports/stories/D_IMAGE.f8d5bfac6b.93.88.fa.80.2a8f7ba6.jpg

http://www.buckeyefansonly.com/newimages/tg2004.jpg

Hawk says, "You come to Ohio State to play in games like this against players like Vince Young. If you're going to be the best you have to beat the best, and I think Vince Young is."

"Our goal is to make sure Young is no longer a Heisman Trophy candidate when he exits Ohio Stadium." -Bobby Carpenter

WillisXPress
09-10-2005, 10:13 AM
Texas should win.

This is what I don't get....Why should Texas win? Yeah Vince Young is fast, but big deal... AJ, bobby, and Anthony are fast...and they hate Vince Young.

You don't realize where this game is do you....The Horseshoe is a hostile place, it will be loud....

Every game where Texas gets beat, even against lesser teams, its loud....well...nothing is louder than the shoe, Look for one of Vince Youngs worst games ever.

GO BUCKEYES!!!!!

Huge
09-10-2005, 10:57 AM
Why should Texas win? Yeah Vince Young is fast, but big deal... AJ, bobby, and Anthony are fast...and they hate Vince Young.
If I posted something along the lines of: Why should tOSU win? Yeah Ginn is fast, but big deal... Michael Huff, Cedric Griffin, Aaron Ross, Michael Griffin and Tarrell Brown are fast...and they hate Ginn.

Would you think that comes across as sounding pretty stupid?

Vince Young has lost a total of 2 games as a starter: last year against Oklahoma and the Holiday Bowl against Washington State.

So where you get this "Every game where Texas gets beat, even against lesser teams, its loud" from I don't know. Have you ever been to College Station? It's one of the loudest venues in the country (especially when Texas is playing there). No problems there. Nebraska? Not a problem. Arkansas? Not a problem.

Was it loud and hostile in Columbus last year when you were beat by Wisconsin? Or how about three years ago when you again lost to Wisconsin (stinkin' badgers!) as well as Illinois?

So please, drop the "we're invincible at home" attitude. Somebody posting "Texas should win" is no different than you spouting off that they won't.

rmartin65
09-10-2005, 12:21 PM
when does the game start?

Fiddy
09-10-2005, 12:42 PM
when does the game start? 7:00 :drool:

Youngstown Colt
09-10-2005, 12:43 PM
If I posted something along the lines of: Why should tOSU win? Yeah Ginn is fast, but big deal... Michael Huff, Cedric Griffin, Aaron Ross, Michael Griffin and Tarrell Brown are fast...and they hate Ginn.They might be fast, but Ginn is another level fast.

Youngstown Colt
09-10-2005, 12:43 PM
7:00 :drool:Actually, it starts at 8:00

Fiddy
09-10-2005, 12:46 PM
Actually, it starts at 8:00 8:00 ET, 7:00 CT

Youngstown Colt
09-10-2005, 12:47 PM
Sorry, it's my east coast bias

Rovator
09-10-2005, 12:52 PM
Is Tressel really 6-1 against Top 10 teams? If so, that's pretty impressive, and I"d have to give the edge to OSU because of that fact, they are at home, and that Mack Brown has lost something like 7 or 8 games in a row to Top 10 teams.

Huge
09-10-2005, 01:39 PM
They might be fast, but Ginn is another level fast.
Wow...simply wow. I would expand on that point but I'm pretty sure you'd miss it just as you missed the last one.

Youngstown Colt
09-10-2005, 01:45 PM
Oh yeah, they probably are faster because they hate him.

Here's a little more speed for you to chew on, as fast as Ted Ginn is, he has said himself that Anthony Gonzales is actually faster. So you can say you have all the speed to keep up with Ginn, but Holmes is nearly as fast, and Gonzo is faster.

Huge
09-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Ginn had 10 touches last week. It's amazing he didn't score 10 TDs with all that speed. :rolleyes:

Or did Miami field a team of Olympic sprinters?

Fldvldog
09-10-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm picking Ohio State to win this game.

Ohio State: 28
Texas: 17

kbourda
09-10-2005, 05:09 PM
They might be fast, but Ginn is another level fast.

It's not like Ginn has Moss type speed. This game will be won, or lost, in the trenches.

rmartin65
09-10-2005, 06:45 PM
7:00 :drool:
thanks

texanfan2002114
09-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Texas - 37

Ohio State - 28

Hook Em Horns!!!!

Rovator
09-10-2005, 07:05 PM
I don't think it is going to be near as high scoring as many of you are predicting. These are 2 very good defenses, and 2 unproven offenses. I think the score will be closer to 21-17ish.

axman40
09-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Texas 31
Buckeyes 26
:cool:

awtysst
09-10-2005, 08:23 PM
3-0 ut right now

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
09-10-2005, 08:42 PM
10-0 Longhorns

awtysst
09-10-2005, 08:53 PM
10-3.

awtysst
09-10-2005, 09:10 PM
10-10.

awtysst
09-10-2005, 09:22 PM
13-10 Buckeyes. Vince threw a very questionable pass as he was getting sacked and AJ Hawk caught it and ran it back to the 20. Luckily the Bucs could not do to much nad had to settle for the FG.

awtysst
09-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Selvin Young fumbles the ball thanks to AJ Hawk. Cmon Guys. dont get clumsly.

rmartin65
09-10-2005, 09:25 PM
whos number 42 on the OSU defense? he seems like a good player. a linebacker that plays rush end at times.

awtysst
09-10-2005, 09:33 PM
whos number 42 on the OSU defense? he seems like a good player. a linebacker that plays rush end at times.

Bobby Carpenter. He is a beast

awtysst
09-10-2005, 09:33 PM
16-10 Buckeyes. Cmon Boys. Get going!

awtysst
09-10-2005, 09:38 PM
One of the Buckeye players is a "turf science" major. What exactly is that?
Does he study grass or is that part of the graduate program?

awtysst
09-10-2005, 09:39 PM
16-13 Buckeyes at the half.

rmartin65
09-10-2005, 09:44 PM
Bobby Carpenter. He is a beast
thanks. ive been watching him and he seems like a very good player.

awtysst
09-10-2005, 09:56 PM
thanks. ive been watching him and he seems like a very good player.

Yeah, he is an amazing player. I think he is a senior so he should be a player to watch as we near the draft. However, I prefer AJ Hawk, though he is sure to be a first rounder(barring injury) and we probably want to think LT with our first pick.

awtysst
09-10-2005, 10:04 PM
Carpenter tips the ball and the Bucs int.

awtysst
09-10-2005, 10:07 PM
Thats the second time UT has missed an INT.

awtysst
09-10-2005, 10:09 PM
19-13 Buckeyes. Amazing. Honestly Ohio State should be up a whole lot more. To get 3 turnovers deep in your opponents end and only get 9 points is not all that good.

rmartin65
09-10-2005, 10:18 PM
GOD!! why did UT run three qb sneaks inside the 10!!

good play by the OSU linebackers though.

rmartin65
09-10-2005, 10:19 PM
Yeah, he is an amazing player. I think he is a senior so he should be a player to watch as we near the draft. However, I prefer AJ Hawk, though he is sure to be a first rounder(barring injury) and we probably want to think LT with our first pick.
hawk might be gone by the time the texans draft. i would not mind having either of them!!!

awtysst
09-10-2005, 10:19 PM
19-16 Bucks. UT missed a golden oppertunity for a TD with a 1st and goal. I think the playcalling was weak here. I mean everyone knew Vince would run. I would have done a roll out to Charles or a small pass to a TE. At least make the Bucks not go right for Vince.

Fiddy
09-10-2005, 10:25 PM
Texas just got robbed on that fumble call. It looks like the RB was losing the ball on his way down...

awtysst
09-10-2005, 10:28 PM
Texas just got robbed on that fumble call. It looks like the RB was losing the ball on his way down...

Hard to say. I think his knee hist hard and he fumbled. After the play he was holding his knee. It was a very close call. Bucks kick a fg and go up 22-16.
UT Defense is keeping us in the game. Especially the last play. Ohio State throws wat looks to be a td, receiver juggles it, out of nowhere a Dback knocks the stuffing out of the reciver and receiver drops the ball!

awtysst
09-10-2005, 10:33 PM
Big Drop. Arg

awtysst
09-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Ok good stop by UT. Need to work now.

Hervoyel
09-10-2005, 10:38 PM
Someone needs to hold on to the ball. I feel for Young. That's got to suck.

awtysst
09-10-2005, 10:39 PM
We need to start with decent field position. We cannot keep allowing them to give us bad fp and giving them great.

Hervoyel
09-10-2005, 10:50 PM
That didn't seem like a very good idea.

awtysst
09-10-2005, 10:56 PM
That didn't seem like a very good idea.

One stupid play. One stupid play.

awtysst
09-10-2005, 11:06 PM
Huge play. And a missed Buckeye FG. NOW is the time to march down the field. NOW.

Tulip
09-10-2005, 11:09 PM
This team drives me insane.

Fiddy
09-10-2005, 11:11 PM
7 yards on this play Vince, that's all I want. 7 yards.

Fiddy
09-10-2005, 11:13 PM
7 yards on this play Vince, that's all I want. 7 yards. Very nice Vince. Now, I all want is another 10 yards. That's it. 10 yards.

Fiddy
09-10-2005, 11:14 PM
Very nice Vince. Now, I all want is another 10 yards. That's it. 10 yards.Check that, just get up. JUST GET UP!!!!

rmartin65
09-10-2005, 11:15 PM
holy moley, he got nailed!!

awtysst
09-10-2005, 11:16 PM
short passes, good coverage, good hands. Thats it. Just do it.

awtysst
09-10-2005, 11:17 PM
This team drives me insane.

LOVE the avatar!

ledzeppelin229
09-10-2005, 11:18 PM
What's wrong with Selvin Young?

TOUCHDOWN!

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Vince Young does it again! Just gotta get the extra point

awtysst
Td Texas!

Fiddy
09-10-2005, 11:19 PM
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

awtysst
09-10-2005, 11:19 PM

TOUCHDOWN!

He put the ball on the ground.

Fiddy
09-10-2005, 11:20 PM

TOUCHDOWN! He hurt his ankle again after he fumbled...

ledzeppelin229
09-10-2005, 11:21 PM
He put the ball on the ground.

Brown pulled him Caperstyle? I thought maybe he got hurt.

23-22!

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Special teams, cover for your life!

awtysst
Ok D. We give the ball to you. lets see a 4 and out.

awtysst
09-10-2005, 11:22 PM
Special teams, cover for your life!

Please dont do a normal kick. Just pooch kick to the 20. I do not want to see another run top the 50!

ledzeppelin229
09-10-2005, 11:22 PM
He hurt his ankle again after he fumbled...

Ok, I must have missed it while I was flipping channels to the Astros game.

Need the D to dig in now, still a lot of time left.

gg no re
09-10-2005, 11:23 PM
Wow.......... almost an instant win there.

awtysst
Thats Huge!

ledzeppelin229
Oh damn, that's nuts. I thought he was down definitely.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Texas football. I thought he was down though.

Fiddy
Damn, gonna be overruled...

awtysst
09-10-2005, 11:24 PM
Thats Huge!

Correct call.

awtysst
09-10-2005, 11:25 PM

Its the right play though. We want to win clean.

Fiddy
Fumble!!!!!

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Now that's a fumble. Texas ball

gg no re
Ligtning strikes twice. o_O

awtysst
There We Go!

ledzeppelin229

Sucks for OSU...didn't matter.

awtysst
09-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Now we gotta put some points up and take em out!

PapaL
09-10-2005, 11:33 PM
Might be the game of the year...great game so far.

awtysst
09-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Saftey!

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
09-10-2005, 11:35 PM
safety

Game Over

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
09-10-2005, 11:37 PM
Ted Ginn Jr. 2 catches for 9 yards

I thought this kid had superhuman speed and was going to torch the Texas secondary?

PapaL
09-10-2005, 11:37 PM
wait a minute, isn't it suppose to be a punt kick after a saftey? Not that it matters now...

gg no re
09-10-2005, 11:38 PM
I bet if Tressel didn't sub in Zwick in the second half, Smith would keep eating the UT defense for an easy OSU win......

awtysst
09-10-2005, 11:38 PM
The Eyes of Texas are Upon You...

PapaL
09-10-2005, 11:39 PM
That LB Hawk played his butt off.

awtysst
wait a minute, isn't it suppose to be a punt kick after a saftey? Not that it matters now...

Not in college. In College it is off the tee. That and the Pass interference penalty(15 yds and first down not spot of foul) are two of the biggest differences between the NFL and NCAA.

Huge
I said Texas would lose. I was wrong. I couldn't care less.

PapaL
09-10-2005, 11:40 PM
Not in college. In College it is off the tee. That and the Pass interference penalty(15 yds and first down not spot of foul) are two of the biggest differences between the NFL and NCAA.

Wow, I knew about the P.I., but not the kickoff. Learn something new everday.

awtysst
09-10-2005, 11:41 PM
That LB Hawk played his butt off.

He should be a top 10 pick. Maybe top 5. He is a Ball HAWK with a nose for the ball.

Tulip
09-10-2005, 11:43 PM
LOVE the avatar!

It's one of the ones available here. I love it!

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
09-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Does anyone know when they are going to replay the game on ESPN?

Tulip
09-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Another heart attack game for the Longhorns. Those are in plentiful supply these days.

PapaL
09-10-2005, 11:46 PM
He should be a top 10 pick. Maybe top 5. He is a Ball HAWK with a nose for the ball.

Great skill, Great football name. Should go quickly in the draft.

texanfan2002114
09-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Another heart attack game for the Longhorns. Those are in plentiful supply these days.

But they won this one!!!! Way to go TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!! I said they would win but State played a H E L L of a game!!!

kbourda
09-10-2005, 11:52 PM
So how many Vincent Young fans do you think it will be now?

Fiddy
09-10-2005, 11:53 PM
Youngstown Colt, where are you???? :D

awtysst
09-10-2005, 11:54 PM
It's one of the ones available here. I love it!

So Broccoli Mother says you're good for me. Well, I'm afraid I'm no good for you!

kbourda
09-10-2005, 11:57 PM
Youngstown Colt, where are you???? :D
He's still trying to make sure Young doesn't leave the Horseshoe a Heisman candidate! Perhaps by breaking his legs in the press conference! :)

texanfan2002114
09-10-2005, 11:58 PM
He's still trying to make sure Young doesn't leave the Horseshoe a Heisman candidate! Perhaps by breaking his legs! :)
lol: lol:

All I know now is that Mack Brown and TEXAS deserves :respect:

Corrosion
09-11-2005, 12:00 AM
Might be the game of the year...great game so far.

INSTANT CLASSIC

Probably one of the best college games Ive seen in recent memory.

After all the hype the Ohio recievers got they totaled 18yards after catch ... It was their Linebackers who kept them in this game .

Mack Brown ... texanpride You won the big one :yahoo: .... :challenge Now beat OU !!!

Beat OU !
Beat OU !
Beat OU ! ....Then you get :respect:

kbourda
09-11-2005, 12:00 AM
And if I hear another reference about Ted-dy Rups-Ginn, oooops Ted Ginn, I will just go crazy.

kbourda
09-11-2005, 12:03 AM
lol: lol:

All I know now is that Mack Brown and TEXAS deserves :respect:

I'll say this Mack still has one more hurdle to cross. Yes, it is the Oklahoma hurdle. But yes, Coach Brown's respect rating is getting huge karma points right about now.

kbourda
09-11-2005, 12:04 AM
INSTANT CLASSIC

Probably one of the best college games Ive seen in recent memory.

After all the hype the Ohio recievers got they totaled 18yards after catch ... It was their Linebackers who kept them in this game .

Mack Brown ... texanpride You won the big one :yahoo: .... :challenge Now beat OU !!!

Beat OU !
Beat OU !
Beat OU ! ....Then you get :respect:

I really can't tell you which game was better, this one or the Michigan one. Helluva game!!!!! WOW!!!!!

Tulip
09-11-2005, 12:05 AM
So Broccoli Mother says you're good for me. Well, I'm afraid I'm no good for you!

Fantastic!

"Hey, mother, I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster."

I'm really pumped about this Texas win. This may enable to watch the rest of their games this season.

Corrosion
09-11-2005, 12:11 AM
Just BEAT OU !

NO EXCUSES !

:goodnight

Crank_It_Up
09-11-2005, 12:11 AM
wow what a game, I could watch a game like that every day! Props to UT, they fought hard for that win. Props to OSU for making it a great game.

Did I hear the announcer say they play again next year?

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
09-11-2005, 12:12 AM
What happened to the unstoppabe legend named Ted Ginn Jr?

Corrosion
09-11-2005, 12:13 AM
wow what a game, I could watch a game like that every day! Props to UT, they fought hard for that win. Props to OSU for making it a great game.

Yes they play next year in Austin .... home / home

The Ohio recievers totaled 18 total yards after the catch for the game .... can you say locked down ?

Fiddy
09-11-2005, 12:14 AM
What happened to the unstoppabe legend named Ted Ginn Jr? I know. Wasnt he suppose to have 5 TDs???

Crank_It_Up
09-11-2005, 12:15 AM
What happened to the unstoppabe legend named Ted Ginn Jr?he got stopped.... but did some nice returns

swisher
09-11-2005, 12:16 AM
GREAT game by Texas...winning against the #4 team in the country in their home stadium even after coughing the ball up so many times and constantly giving them great field position. This might be UT's year.

kbourda

Yeah they signed up for a home/home. Next year they play in Austin.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
everyone gets nice returns on Texas

Crank_It_Up
09-11-2005, 12:24 AM
GREAT game by Texas...winning against the #4 team in the country in their home stadium even after coughing the ball up so many times and constantly giving them great field position. This might be UT's year.
speaking of cough ups, how about OSU's Ryan Hamby coughing it up in the end zone

WWJD
09-11-2005, 12:28 AM
Great game!

Kaiser Toro
09-11-2005, 12:33 AM
This team finds a way to win. This is the first time in the MAck Brown era that we have a one voice as a leader. This is Vince's team. Since the OK State game last year we have played with a personality that has not been seen here since the 60's.

Bravo Mack! and I cannot believe I am saying this, but bravo Greg Davis!

kbourda
09-11-2005, 12:35 AM
This team finds a way to win. This is the first time in the MAck Brown era that we have a one voice as a leader. This is Vince's team. Since the OK State game last year we have played with a personality that has not been seen here since the 60's.

Bravo Mack! and I cannot believe I am saying this, but bravo Greg Davis!

Well said! And I agree.

texanfan2002114
09-11-2005, 12:42 AM
Yankee I hope you bring the tissues. From what I am reading the Ohio State D is focusing on V. Young way to much. I believe he is going to beat Ohio State with his arm not his legs.

I think State is to worried about him running that players like Brian Carter, David Thomas and Limas Sweed will make State pay.

HOOK EM!!!

:texflag: :texflag: :texflag:

I called it 3 DAYS ago. V. Young was going to beat State with his arm and he did!!!

kbourda
09-11-2005, 12:48 AM
I called it 3 DAYS ago. V. Young was going to beat State with his arm and he did!!!

I wonder what the "Luckeyes" are talking about right now.

TD
09-11-2005, 01:01 AM

Actually I'm pretty sure the NFL and college both give you a choice; punt or kickoff. The reason they usually kick off in college and punt in the NFL is that you're allowed to use a tee in college, but in the NFL you can't use one after a safety.

Youngstown Colt
09-11-2005, 01:07 AM
Mmmmm, this crow is delicious.

An amazing game, and Young is much better than I ever gave him credit for.

The musical QB was a bad move from the beginning, and I couldn't believe Tressel chose to go with Zwick on that last drive.

Let's do it again next year.

Huge
09-11-2005, 09:50 AM
Good on ya, Colt.

MrLizardTX
09-11-2005, 11:35 AM
It was a great win, and I hate to nit pick, but for the second time in three games kickoff coverage almost cost them a game. OSU started near midfield more times than not.They would have been better off to kick the ball out of bounds every time and give them the ball at the 35.

LonghornBabe
09-11-2005, 11:38 AM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5d730b3127cce93adff759c4f00000016108IcNWLVu3ce

Yankee_In_TX
09-11-2005, 07:41 PM
That game was our to lose, and we did so, blatantly.

Not sure which team has upset me more this weekend, The Buckeyes, or the Texans.

I guess Buckeyes, cause I KNOW our season is over (hey, 1 lose in college is all it takes).

What a ****** weekend.

Yankee_In_TX
09-11-2005, 07:43 PM

I disagree. Our D did an OUTSTANDING job and contained as best could be expected.

But when your offensive is that pitiful, and you can't deliver a touch down..... I need to study, but when I have more time I wanna check the game stats, especially time of possession.

Yankee_In_TX
09-11-2005, 07:45 PM

Ummm, we really don't know. :-/

I need to uplaod my pics :)

Aslo, I was battered twice.

We sat in the tailgating lot for an hour, and FINALLY traffic started moving, NO ONE woul let us into the flow. I walked out and stoppe traffic (going about 5 mph, if that). This guy gets out of his car, and with no warning pushes me out of the way. I let it go, and walk in front of the next car.

This big old white van then proceeds to move me out of the way by pushing me with their van (to which I responded by leaning back on the grill). I was SO well behaved, but had my buddy not pulled his motorcycle in front of them (I think they contemplated hitting it, they stopped VERY close to it), I was very close to losing my cool and throwing the coke in my hand on their windsheild.

Stupid Ohio Hicks. SOrry, I'm grumpy from the way my Buckeyes and Texans played, lol.

Crank_It_Up
09-11-2005, 08:26 PM
...I guess Buckeyes, cause I KNOW our season is over (hey, 1 lose in college is all it takes)...you forgot about the Nov 19th Ohio State vs Michigan game... it's like a whole season all by itself :)
Go Bucks!

WWJD
09-11-2005, 08:42 PM
I knew that would be one happy Longhorn Babe today! Congrats Kimberly.

I think the Horns have a team that can bring home that national championship!

texanfan2002114
09-11-2005, 08:56 PM
I disagree. Our D did an OUTSTANDING job and contained as best could be expected.

But when your offensive is that pitiful, and you can't deliver a touch down..... I need to study, but when I have more time I wanna check the game stats, especially time of possession.

I said V. Young would beat State with his arm and he did. That last drive was all arm. Passes to J. Charles on the outs and then the big pass for the TD to Limas Sweed.

Texas
09-11-2005, 09:03 PM
We win

Huge
09-11-2005, 09:25 PM

Were they expecting to "contain" him to almost 350 yards total offense?

And I'm pretty sure our defense had something to do with your offense looking pitiful.

texanfan2002114
09-11-2005, 09:25 PM
We win

That was very insightful!! Thanks!!
:ok:

texanfan2002114
09-11-2005, 09:27 PM

And I'm pretty sure our defense had something to do with your offense looking pitiful.

AMEN!!! :bowdown: Yankee give :respect: where :respect: is do!!!

LonghornBabe
09-11-2005, 11:07 PM
I knew that would be one happy Longhorn Babe today! Congrats Kimberly.

I think the Horns have a team that can bring home that national championship!

I am definitely a happy camper. Horns should have won by a LOT more...as I think they were a MUCH better team than Ohio State. Texas made a lot of mistakes and hopefully that will help to make them an even better team. To win in such a hostile environment says a lot about the team. (By the way....their fans are now ahead of OU and Tech in my book as far as rudest fans. They were VERY sore losers.) The Horns defense looked GREAT!!! Vince has his NEVER quit attitude. I wouldn't trade him for ANY quarterback in college football!!

Great game though.......it should be a good year! :)

Next year Ohio State has to come into OUR house.......WOO HOO!!

Yankee_In_TX
09-11-2005, 11:10 PM

I'm not saying Texas doesn't have a solid defense, but our O hasn't needed help looking pitiful since mid/late 90's.

You guys played well, very well. But AJ Hawk can't win a game by himself.

When I have time I want to look up the game stats, time of posession, first downs, etc, etc.

UT is, after all, my Big 12 team of choice - I only had to hate them for this weekend. And from what I hear, I have to cheer for OU this year *puke* to help us (OSU) out.

Yankee_In_TX
09-11-2005, 11:11 PM
you forgot about the Nov 19th Ohio State vs Michigan game... it's like a whole season all by itself :)
Go Bucks!

True, we have 2 seasons.

1. National standing/BCS
2. Michigan :ok:

LonghornBabe
09-12-2005, 12:36 AM
I'm not saying Texas doesn't have a solid defense, but our O hasn't needed help looking pitiful since mid/late 90's.

When I have time I want to look up the game stats, time of posession, first downs, etc, etc.

UT is, after all, my Big 12 team of choice - I only had to hate them for this weekend. And from what I hear, I have to cheer for OU this year *puke* to help us (OSU) out.

Yankee...you and I need to have a talk. You BETTER not cheer for OU!! That is disgraceful.

Huge
09-12-2005, 08:38 AM

See, that's not what we were hearing leading up to the game from most Buckeye fans. All we heard was that Ginn would be unstoppable, Smith would show Vince Young what a true run/pass QB can do and that we'd be lucky to even score.

My brother called right before kick-off and I told him that tOSU would win because Young would throw 2 INTs and Selvin Young would fumble at least once (if you want his phone # to verify I told him this, I'll send you a PM so you can call him ;) ) and that that would be the difference in the game.

tOSU should've won that game. Hambly dropping an easy TD cost you. A 50 yd FG that went just wide right cost you. Not being able to punch it in (I'll give more credit to Texas' D than take credit away from tOSU's O for this) when you were repeatedly given the ball in really good field position cost you.

Yankee_In_TX
09-12-2005, 09:05 AM
(I'll give more credit to Texas' D than take credit away from tOSU's O for this) when you were repeatedly given the ball in really good field position cost you.

THAT'S what worries me. We've had winning seasons where our D and special teams has outscored our O in several games. You simple cannot play football like that.

It was entirely Texas that did things like force fumbles and hold us to field goals (I miss Nugent!- though Huston tied Nugenst record for most field goals in one game), but when your QB can't deliver, yikes.

As for all the dropped passes, I'll have to watch the game on TV. Don't know if I want to blame our QB's or WR's (our seats were pretty far up, hahahah).

Yankee_In_TX
09-12-2005, 09:06 AM
Yankee...you and I need to have a talk. You BETTER not cheer for OU!! That is disgraceful.

If it helps us get the Big 10 (wow, how bad do we look this year???????), or a better BCS game....

Texas_Thrill
09-13-2005, 10:40 AM
I can honestly say that game is on ESPN CALSSIC already. That one will go down as one of the greats of all-time.

Texas_Thrill
09-13-2005, 10:43 AM
I think if you look at the old saying. If you have two starting quarterbacks you dont have a quarterback.

I personally thought smith was giving the UT D the most problems and should have remained with him. Tres is going to have to DECIDE on who is the starter there to get ya'll back in the national title hunt.

OSU will beat UM who is really overrated.

texanfan2002114
09-13-2005, 04:33 PM

Texas beat the **** out of Ohio State and the only reason why State was in the game was because of your kicker and the TURNOVERS. Without the turnovers Texas would have won by 2 TD. Here are the stats that you were trying to get.

Team Stat Comparison
TEXAS Ohio State
1st Downs 19 13
3rd down efficiency 4-12 5-15
4th down efficiency 0-1 0-0
Total Yards 382 255
Passing 270 144
Comp-Att 18-29 14-26
Yards per pass 8.4 5.0
Rushing 112 111
Rushing Attempts 38 36
Yards per rush 2.9 3.1
Penalties 4-30 8-78
Turnovers 3 1
Fumbles lost 1 1
Interceptions thrown 2 0
Possession 30:09 29:51[/CENTER]

TheOgre
09-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Lets look at this objectively. We got real lucky that their TE dropped the TD pass on the first try, then we knocked it out of his hands on his second try. We also lucked out that their FG kicker missed that long one by less than a yard. If either of those things went the other way, then we lose. Every championship team seems to have one game like that though. Think about Colorado with the 5th down play and Nebraska with the ball kicked up in the air (ironically both were playing Missouri).

Huge
09-13-2005, 06:08 PM
I think their TE dropping that TD was a big mental mistake. I also think most would agree. But I also think both of Vince's INTs were mental mistakes. And without those, Ohio State isn't put into FG position.

So both teams were guilty of mental mistakes. Texas just did what they had to do to make up for them.

Fiddy
09-13-2005, 09:22 PM
Get your VCRs, DVRs and DVD players ready.

This Friday, September 16, the Ohio State vs. Texas game will be re-aired on ESPN Classic from 8-11 p.m CT.

kbourda
09-13-2005, 10:33 PM
Get your VCRs, DVRs and DVD players ready.

This Friday, September 16, the Ohio State vs. Texas game will be re-aired on ESPN Classic from 8-11 p.m CT.
I was waiting on this. I have to get my DVR ready. I have to clear a bunch of room for that game plus the Texans game on Sunday. I'm off to Minnesota on Sunday morning.

Crank_It_Up
09-13-2005, 10:43 PM
Texas beat the **** out of Ohio State and the only reason why State was in the game was because of your kicker and the TURNOVERS. Without the turnovers Texas would have won by 2 TD. Here are the stats that you were trying to get.

Team Stat Comparison
TEXAS Ohio State
1st Downs 19 13
3rd down efficiency 4-12 5-15
4th down efficiency 0-1 0-0
Total Yards 382 255
Passing 270 144
Comp-Att 18-29 14-26
Yards per pass 8.4 5.0
Rushing 112 111
Rushing Attempts 38 36
Yards per rush 2.9 3.1
Penalties 4-30 8-78
Turnovers 3 1
Fumbles lost 1 1
Interceptions thrown 2 0
Possession 30:09 29:51[/CENTER]
it was a great game, very close, yes it's true that texas had more yards, but the turnovers were due to pressure on the Q-back... gotta give OSU credit for that... also don't forget OSU dominated on special teams. The game was a real treat... a bowl game in September. I wish USC would screw up so OSU and TX could have a rematch for the National Championship.

kbourda
09-13-2005, 10:48 PM
it was a great game, very close, yes it's true that texas had more yards, but the turnovers were due to pressure on the Q-back... gotta give OSU credit for that... also don't forget OSU dominated on special teams. The game was a real treat... a bowl game in September. I wish USC would screw up so OSU and TX could have a rematch for the National Championship.

Special Teams?! The game was a treat. I'll give you that. But Texas dominated on offense and defense.

texanfan2002114
09-13-2005, 11:27 PM
Special Teams?! The game was a treat. I'll give you that. But Texas dominated on offense and defense.

Amen!!!

:texflag: