PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Rice to announce retirement

Fiddy
09-05-2005, 01:23 PM
According to the front page of www.sportsline.com

anouncement set for 1:30 ET which means in about 8 minutes...

Texas
09-05-2005, 02:52 PM
DENVER -- Unwilling to be a bit player with the Broncos, Jerry Rice retired Monday, closing a 20-year career for the most productive receiver in NFL history.

Jerry Rice finishes with 1,549 catches and 197 TDs.(AP)

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8809152

GoodBye Jerry

nunusguy
09-05-2005, 03:06 PM
The greatest receiver of all time and one of the main reasons Joe Montana was one of the most overrated QBs of all time.

texasguy346
09-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Jerry was always a class act. I'll miss seeing him out on the field on Sundays.

LBblitz
09-05-2005, 03:48 PM
Im not trying to be selfish or anything but do you think he will train with andre next off seaon? I think it would me monumental if dre had some mentoring from the greatest wr ever.

WildBlackBear32
09-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Im not trying to be selfish or anything but do you think he will train with andre next off seaon? I think it would me monumental if dre had some mentoring from the greatest wr ever.

I thought Jerry was one of the players, like Favre, who says it's not his job to mentor players? Perhaps that was only during his playing days, but I wouldn't want a guy who had an attitude like that tutoring my players.

TigerBait
09-05-2005, 04:10 PM
During the practices with Denver, Jerry was talking to the media and they mentioned how Andre has always looked up to him, etc. etc. Then Andre, during the middle of the interview, comes strolling up and Jerry right there offered Andre to come work out with him (and probably some other players) during the offseason. It was on the Texans Home page..

cuppacoffee
09-05-2005, 04:40 PM
According to the front page of www.sportsline.com

anouncement set for 1:30 ET which means in about 8 minutes...

Broncos showed great :respect: for Rice by not cutting him in the last round of cuts and letting him go out on his own terms.

cac: :coffee: