PDA

View Full Version : cowboys release jacob rogers

keyfro
08-24-2005, 05:02 PM
so kffl.com reports...anyone else besides me think we should pursue this kid...guy is entering is second season...granted he is supposed to have season ending surgery...but when he is healthy he is better than any of our back-ups at offensive tackle

ledzeppelin229
08-24-2005, 05:31 PM
I'm surprised they didn't just stash him on IR and take the chance of him rehabbing. Could be worse than just season ending if they are dumping him like this.

powda
08-24-2005, 05:53 PM
ya know...every time i see a refrence i get a smile on my face. turns out im not the only one who feels that way. :whistle:

DFAN
08-24-2005, 06:17 PM
You dont want him. His teammates have questioned his toughness to the point one local writer said some of his teammates called him a ###sy.

BP and JJ was not happy with him for having the surgery. Many players had played through the same injury.

ledzeppelin229
08-24-2005, 07:45 PM
I don't think it was about a "the sky is falling" acquisition. It's a young guy at a position we don't really have young players at. But doesn't seem like he has the mental or physical toughness to play in the league. Still he was a 2nd round pick from a major program, seems pretty low risk to me.

Hervoyel
08-24-2005, 07:53 PM
I'm afraid I'd have to take a look at him at least. I'm sure the Texans are. They aren't exactly in a position to leave any stone unturned. Maybe they sign him and maybe they don't but I think he's at least worth considering.

ArlingtonTexan
08-24-2005, 09:27 PM
There is a rumor going around these parts that Jacob Rogers is going to retire. He has had 4 shoulder surgeries and the condition seems degenerative (sound familiar). That is not counting knee injury from this year and the reputation of not playing through pain.

WWJD
08-24-2005, 10:46 PM
ya know...every time i see a refrence i get a smile on my face. turns out im not the only one who feels that way. :whistle:

Just curious. What's a refrence?

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-25-2005, 12:16 AM
lol I'm loving this, there's already 2 threads up with Texan fans saying they need to pick up a Cowboy when he's available.

Tedc
08-25-2005, 12:21 AM
lol I'm loving this, there's already 2 threads up with Texan fans saying they need to pick up a Cowboy when he's available.

Like Drew Henson and Aarron Glenn??? I am sure the Cowgirls would never do that.

powda
08-25-2005, 05:30 PM
Just curious. What's a refrence?

lookout the grammar police are here!

(i went well out of my way not to spell check this post just for you...)

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-25-2005, 06:08 PM
Like Drew Henson and Aarron Glenn??? I am sure the Cowgirls would never do that.

Henson didn't take one snap with the Texans...

And no one I knew on any Cowboys message board suggested we should take Aaron Glenn. Although it was a great idea..

WWJD
08-25-2005, 10:33 PM
lookout the grammar police are here!

(i went well out of my way not to spell check this post just for you...)

I'm just wondering what he means. I don't get what he's saying. If I was worried about how people spell I'd just say so...I don't recollect ever saying anything to anybody about their spelling on this board or any other.

thunderkyss
03-22-2006, 08:35 AM
Henson didn't take one snap with the Texans...

And no one I knew on any Cowboys message board suggested we should take Aaron Glenn. Although it was a great idea..

Cowboys didn't waste no time getting Glenn either...

Say that reminds me........... Rogers is available again..... I still think it would be nice, to get someone on the cheap to back up our current line, I mean it can't hurt....

2nd round pick, major program, good size....... a bit of a punk......

I mean if he wants to play...