PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me what Bula Bula is?

El Tejano
08-22-2005, 02:59 PM
And please let Vernand Morency know that he has been playing Bula Bula instead of football his whole life. I ask this because I am so getting tired of Spencer Tillman saying "this aint Bula Bula"

I love Spencer Tillman. He was one of my favorite Oilers but I don't think I can take much more of the Bula Bula.

BornOrange
08-22-2005, 03:01 PM
He got that from Jerry Glanville.
He is saying that Morency doesn't need to dance around (Bula Bula) and should just turn upfield and hit the hole.

Paragon Blue
08-22-2005, 03:02 PM
I don't know but my brother and I were watching the game and we were saying that Spencer Tillman says some dumb things, :tv:

Lucky
08-22-2005, 03:05 PM
"Boola Boola" is the Yale fight song. As BornOrange said, it comes from Jerry Glanville who would make disparaging remarks about his rookie backs. Basically that they were green & weren't complete NFL backs. Lorenzo White was the guy Jerry rode the hardest with that label.

El Tejano
08-22-2005, 03:15 PM
Those two words have haunted me since Saturday night. Bula Bula. It just like comes out and it drives me crazy. But I can stand Tillman's Bula Bula over Craig James anyday.

cdastros
08-22-2005, 03:53 PM
I have liked spence so far. He will go into detail on some play formations, and really brings a players perspective to the booth. I think sometomes ex players in the booth keep it to simple.

BringItOn
08-22-2005, 04:30 PM
...But I can stand Tillman's Bula Bula over Craig James anyday.

I second that emotion.

El Tejano
08-24-2005, 09:16 PM
Still Bula Bula!!!!

awtysst
08-24-2005, 09:54 PM
"Boola Boola" is the Yale fight song. As BornOrange said, it comes from Jerry Glanville who would make disparaging remarks about his rookie backs. Basically that they were green & weren't complete NFL backs. Lorenzo White was the guy Jerry rode the hardest with that label.

whatever happened to Lorenzo White? I loved to run in at the corners in Tecmo Superbowl.

El Tejano
08-24-2005, 10:00 PM
He went to Cleveland before they became the Ravens and that was that.

awtysst
08-24-2005, 11:45 PM
He went to Cleveland before they became the Ravens and that was that.

Ah memories...

And please do not start quoting that damn song from Cats

El Tejano
08-25-2005, 02:38 PM
Hey I don't even know what song your talking about. This aint Bula Bula you know.

awtysst
08-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Hey I don't even know what song your talking about. This aint Bula Bula you know.

That was a general request to the board as I thought someoen would start quoting the song Memory from the play cats. I did not enjoy the play so I requested that nobody quote it.