PDA

View Full Version : Hollings trade bait?

Jwwillis
08-05-2005, 04:57 PM
With the way Morency and Hollings are playing right now I'd bet Hollings could bring a high draft pick or decent player in a trade. Also, Ragone could bring in something too.

Blake
08-05-2005, 04:59 PM
We spent a 2nd on Hollings and I doubt he would bring a 4th in return.

Ragone, I believe we got in the 3rd, and again, I dont think would bring in a higher return. Maybe a 3rd again.

Jwwillis
08-05-2005, 05:01 PM
If a team has a need the last week of the trading deadline and Hollings shows something during that time...you never know. How about a quality veteran TE :)

z0rpAn
08-05-2005, 05:05 PM
nah, imo, we keep ragone and drop money bags(banks). I don't know about morency or hollings, but that may turn out for either player.

Jwwillis
08-05-2005, 05:08 PM
True Ragone gives us the ability to dump Banks. The problem is having a lefty as a back up can cause problems. His blind side is on the right side of the line, the ball spins the opposite direction etc. I remember when Stabler came to the Oilers it took a while for the WR's to adjust. At least they had training camp to do it. If Ragone comes in mid-season yikes!

Vinny
08-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Hollings has zero trade value. Travis Henry was near impossible to deal and he has some history. I think Hollings makes the teams and is in many special teams packages.

Jwwillis
08-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Right now Hollings has zero but things can change. If Capers gives him some playing time and he does well we will have 4 legitimate HB's If you include Wells. RB's get injured a lot, especially in this age of the little back. They may not get a high draft pick but could get a decent player in return if the stars line up perfectly.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
08-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Hollings could probably get us a conditional 6th or 7th round pick. Let's not overrate this guy thinking he could be traded for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Jwwillis
08-05-2005, 05:29 PM
He has to play the #2 HB to start the season and perform. When he is healthy he can beat the D to the outside, ive seen him do it. If he gets enough carries this year I'd bet he can show more.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
08-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Hollings has been a bust so far. I'd be surprised if he were even 3rd on the depth chart.

nunusguy
08-05-2005, 07:31 PM
I dunno....who would want him ? Cass in general has done a real good job, but
when it comes to this guy, well everyone gets atleast one Mulligan and I think
this would be Cass's.

Jwwillis
08-05-2005, 08:05 PM
Hollings has been a bust so far. I'd be surprised if he were even 3rd on the depth chart.

HB:
Davis
Hollings
Morency (Rookie)
Wells (part time FB,ST,HB in short yardage situations)

Most coaches will give the player with tenure a shot at #2 first. Hollings has to show something right away. The front office knows he has to be given a chance to gain value or be a bust.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
08-06-2005, 12:42 AM
Morency is already ahead of Hollings because he has real experience playing the RB position. Hollings was a project to begin with and is one that has failed miserably up to this point. No point in trading him if all we'll get back is a conditional low round pick.

stephen1
08-06-2005, 01:07 AM
when hollings has been on the field he hasnt looked that bad to me. he was a good receiver out of the backfield. the trouble is he is just hasnt been on the field.