PDA

View Full Version : I need anti-cowboy information

Grid
08-02-2005, 08:11 PM
So, I finished my other speech... and its time to do another.

This one has to be a persuasive speech, and i decided to do it on "Why you should be a Texans fan, and not a Cowboy fan".. since there are alot of cowboy fans up here where i am.

So what I need is dirt on the cowboys. Arrests, mugshots, incriminating pictures, anything that would make a cowboy fan hang his head in shame :).

I also need info.. such as their record since the introduction of the salary cap.. and how they came to be called "America's Team"

So any help yall could give me would be appreciated :).. its for a good cause.

Wolf
08-02-2005, 08:55 PM
http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/DD/xod2.html

"America's team" was dubbed by nfl films Bob Ryan (not to belief that the Cowboys did it themselves),but he did a film on the1978 cowboys and found out that the Cowboys rivaled the Yankees as in people either loved to watch them win or loved to watch them lose.. but they would be watched. It was either Summeral or Madden that said when they would nationalize games late in the season if two teams were scheduled to play and the networks realized that the ratings wouldn't be high because of the foreseen records.. One of those guys said that if the Cowboys were put in the same timeslot..you put the Cowboys even if they do go through a 5 win season,because people love to kick them when they are down
http://www.indopedia.org/Dallas_Cowboys.html

Wolf
08-02-2005, 09:14 PM
:offtopic

but that reminded me of www.ousucks.com
:heh:

Grid
08-02-2005, 09:15 PM
whoops..posted in wrong thread :)

thanks for the info so far. Anyone else have anything? a mugshot or two would be priceless up there on the big screen when im giving my speech :)

Wolf
08-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Here is the perfect web site for Cowboy haters.

This one for content...

Cowboys Suck Link (http://www.dallascowboyssuck.com/content.php?article.15)

This one for pictures..... :heh:
Cryboys (http://www.siegler.net/cowboys/page2.html)

for the Texan fans the photos from the website of 2002 week 1
http://www.siegler.net/cowboys/2002.html

Huge
08-02-2005, 09:26 PM
So, I finished my other speech... and its time to do another.

This one has to be a persuasive speech, and i decided to do it on "Why you should be a Texans fan, and not a Cowboy fan".. since there are alot of cowboy fans up here where i am.

So what I need is dirt on the cowboys. Arrests, mugshots, incriminating pictures, anything that would make a cowboy fan hang his head in shame :).

I also need info.. such as their record since the introduction of the salary cap.. and how they came to be called "America's Team"

So any help yall could give me would be appreciated :).. its for a good cause.

I can give the low-down on how they became "America's Team".

How soon do you need it?

Grid
08-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Speech is Thursday... any info you can give me by tommorrow night would be great

texasguy346
08-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Here's a mugshot of Dwayne Goodrich.

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Field/2946/mugshotdwaynegoodrich-300w360h.jpg

Grid
08-02-2005, 11:12 PM
cool :) thanks

Huge
08-03-2005, 02:01 PM
This should get you started... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Cowboys)

Not sure if that's what you were looking for or not.

HJam72
08-08-2005, 11:27 AM
This should be a lesson to those who hate them: STOP WATCHING THEM! :dangit:

DFAN
08-08-2005, 02:20 PM
This should be a lesson to those who hate them: STOP WATCHING THEM! :dangit:

They cant. Thats why they went 6-10 last year and they have 2 Monday night games and a sunday night game. Like or hate'em, people still watch them. Either because you are a fan or your not and you hope to see them lose. Just like Madden said if you want ratings put the Cowboys on.

Fiddy
08-08-2005, 03:20 PM
The Cowboys are on TV the same reason the Yankee's are on. People love to see them fail and lose. Dont be too flatered that you get MNF games.

WWJD
08-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Monday Night Football won't waste their time if they didn't get good ratings on the Cowboys games. It's all about $$ and the Cowboys are $$ in the bank. Just like the Steelers and Raiders are irregardless of records.

DFAN
08-08-2005, 04:34 PM
The Cowboys are on TV the same reason the Yankee's are on. People love to see them fail and lose. Dont be too flatered that you get MNF games.

Isn't that what I said? If the Texans get 3 prime time games in a year it wouldnt FLATER you just a little? No matter what the reason?

Every poll you see the Boys are voted the most hated team in the NFL and the most liked team in the NFL. That = ratings.

Huge
08-08-2005, 05:23 PM

Probably explains why you can find Dallas in the top 10 in merchandise sales every year as well. All the haters are buying up the jerseys to burn at taligates. :rolleyes:

Fiddy
08-08-2005, 05:36 PM
Isn't that what I said? If the Texans get 3 prime time games in a year it wouldnt FLATER you just a little? No matter what the reason? No I wouldnt be flattered cause that means my team has done something to lose respect from the fans of the NFL.

Probably explains why you can find Dallas in the top 10 in merchandise sales every year as well. All the haters are buying up the jerseys to burn at taligates. :rolleyes: It's a well known team. You will be surprised how many people walk around in NFL, MLB and NBA gear and only wear it cause it is well known and have no other reason to know it. My sister is an example, she has a couple of Red Soxs shirts that she wears. She couldnt name one person on the team, she doesnt watch baseball but she wears the gear.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-08-2005, 05:48 PM
No I wouldnt be flattered cause that means my team has done something to lose respect from the fans of the NFL.

So if the Texans get 3 Primetime games they've done something to lose the respect of fans?

It's a well known team. You will be surprised how many people walk around in NFL, MLB and NBA gear and only wear it cause it is well known and have no other reason to know it. My sister is an example, she has a couple of Red Soxs shirts that she wears. She couldnt name one person on the team, she doesnt watch baseball but she wears the gear.

Your sister isn't the majority of fans in the world.

StarStruck
08-08-2005, 05:48 PM
He does have a point , as many fans of the Cowboys out there, there is just as many that hates them. I like to watch the Cowboys to see them lose and root for the team playing against them.

Cool! :cool: But,I would rather go shopping.

DFAN
08-08-2005, 05:54 PM
No I wouldnt be flattered cause that means my team has done something to lose respect from the fans of the NFL.

What? I suppose you're talking about the 90's Cowboys and all the off the field problems. I hope you really dont think that's the reason people hate teh Cowboys. It was like way before the 90's Cowboys. It's always been a love or hate thing with the Cowboys.

Like or not they do have the biggest fan base than any other team in the NFL. ON the opposite side of that they have the biggest disliked as fan base as any other team in the NFL. People can use any excuse they want but it isnt the off the field problems the Cowboys had that cause the hate, may be some but not much. It's a little thing called jealously . Thats why people love to see them fail. I had these debates before the off the field issues was even a issue.

Fiddy
08-08-2005, 05:55 PM
So if the Texans get 3 Primetime games they've done something to lose the respect of fans? Your not understanding. If the Texans get 3 Primetime games like the Patriots would that would be flattering cause they would have won to get them. If they got 3 Primetime games like the Cowboys, that means that we have done something to get a good majority of people to dislike us.

Your sister isn't the majority of fans in the world. That's the point, she isnt a sports fan but she still wears sports gear cause she see's other people wearing it...

Fiddy
08-08-2005, 06:00 PM
What? I suppose you're talking about the 90's Cowboys and all the off the field problems. I hope you really dont think that's the reason people hate teh Cowboys. It was like way before the 90's Cowboys. It's always been a love or hate thing with the Cowboys.

Like or not they do have the biggest fan base than any other team in the NFL. ON the opposite side of that they have the biggest disliked as fan base as any other team in the NFL. People can use any excuse they want but it isnt the off the field problems the Cowboys had that cause the hate, may be some but not much. It's a little thing called jealously . Thats why people love to see them fail. I had these debates before the off the field issues was even a issue. What are we jealous of??? A couple of 5-11 seasons, followed up by one postseason visit and a first round exit and then another losing record??? It cant be 3 championships a decade ago. I'm jealous of the Patriots right now. Not the Cowboys...

And plus the Packers probably have the biggest fan base...

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-08-2005, 06:01 PM
Your not understanding. If the Texans get 3 Primetime games like the Patriots would that would be flattering cause they would have won to get them. If they got 3 Primetime games like the Cowboys, that means that we have done something to get a good majority of people to dislike us.

I still don't understand. So when ABC and ESPN decided to put us on primetime they did it because they disliked us? What are you talking about? I think the reason they selected the Cowboys was because they have the largest fan base in the NFL and they had a decent off-season. Not because they dislike the Cowboys.

DFAN
08-08-2005, 06:01 PM
Your not understanding. If the Texans get 3 Primetime games like the Patriots would that would be flattering cause they would have won to get them. If they got 3 Primetime games like the Cowboys, that means that we have done something to get a good majority of people to dislike us.

That's the point, she isnt a sports fan but she still wears sports gear cause she see's other people wearing it...

LOL!! So the Cowboys get 3 primetime games because they did something for the MAJORITY of people to dislike them. What did they do. Win? Thats funny dude. So I guess you think the Cowboys haters out # there fans? Take off your rose colored Texans glasses man.

DFAN
08-08-2005, 06:10 PM
What are we jealous of??? A couple of 5-11 seasons, followed up by one postseason visit and a first round exit and then another losing record??? It cant be 3 championships a decade ago. I'm jealous of the Patriots right now. Not the Cowboys...

What are ya jealous of? Dont know. Maybe because the Cowboys are one the most winningest franchise in the NFL. Maybe the rings. People always want to root against teams like the Cowboys. Look at the Yankees.

I can say this. People in Houston are jealous because the Cowboys dominated this state for 30 yrs when the Oilers were here. They was always the red headed stepchild of Texas. I'll give you 19-10 but that doesnt take away the domination. I know I know the Texans arent the Oilers and they're a new franchise. Blah Blah Blah!!!! Point is the Cowboys are the most recognize team in the world. Including Texas.

BTW. Why do you hate them?

DFAN
08-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Why don't you get off the Texan board while you are wearing your Dallas glasses? :rolleyes:

No Cowboys glasses here. Just stating facts.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-08-2005, 06:16 PM
What are ya jealous of? Dont know. Maybe because the Cowboys are one the most winningest franchise in the NFL. Maybe the rings. People always want to root against teams like the Cowboys. Look at the Yankees.

I can say this. People in Houston are jealous because the Cowboys dominated this state for 30 yrs when the Oilers were here. They was always the red headed stepchild of Texas. I'll give you 19-10 but that doesnt take away the domination. I know I know the Texans arent the Oilers and they're a new franchise. Blah Blah Blah!!!! Point is the Cowboys are the most recognize team in the world. Including Texas.

BTW. Why do you hate them?

Post of the Year right there.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-08-2005, 06:27 PM
Because of fans like you.
:loser If you don't like us defending the Silver and Blue then don't read this thread. We're here to defend our Boys. Excuse me

Like I was saying. Deal with it. http://www.cowboys-forum.com/forum/images/cowboys_smilies/hammertime.gif

Fiddy
08-08-2005, 06:30 PM
LOL!! So the Cowboys get 3 primetime games because they did something for the MAJORITY of people to dislike them. What did they do. Win? Thats funny dude. So I guess you think the Cowboys haters out # there fans? Take off your rose colored Texans glasses man. The media market is driven by money. ABC gets their money from advertisers. So they need a high neilson rating to charge more for commerical time. Advertisers will pay more for a 20 second spot when the Cowboys are playing because they know even the people who dont like the Cowboys will tune in. Advertisers will not pay when the Browns are on TV because only Browns fans will tune in. Not the people that hate the Browns.

BTW. Why do you hate them? Me being jealous of the Cowboys because of 3 rings a decade ago when I was about 7 makes as much sense as Dallas Maverick fans being jealous of the Houston Rockets cause of the 2 championships a decade ago. I hate the Yanks cause they pay there way to the World Series and because it seems that they always get the calls. But this brings up a good point. I have watched every Yankee game on ESPN or FOX cause I love to see them struggle. It's so fun. Maybe some Texans fans are jealous of the Cowboys cause they ruled Texas. But I doubt that cause the Rockets ruled Texas, too. Around the time yall were winning Super Bowls we were winning Championships too and this town was a basketball city. IDK, I was a little child.

Why I hate them??? I really didnt 'hate' them until they talked trash about the Texans when we were an expansion team. I was more indifferent, I had no reason to hate but now I do. And I also hate how their fans trash Texans fans when we bring up 19-10 and they say that was a long time ago but they go and bring up championships from a decade ago.

Fiddy
08-08-2005, 06:31 PM
:loser If you don't like us defending the Silver and Blue then don't read this thread. We're here to defend our Boys. Excuse me,

Like I was saying. Deal with it. http://www.cowboys-forum.com/forum/images/cowboys_smilies/hammertime.gif Your Honor, I enter exhibit number 1...

:heh:

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-08-2005, 06:32 PM
I was more indifferent, I had no reason to hate but now I do.

Oh please, I've known you for over a year now. You've hated Dallas long before this.

Fiddy
08-08-2005, 06:38 PM
Oh please, I've known you for over a year now. You've hated Dallas long before this. I didnt grow up in a football home so I watched a game every now and then, I didnt start 'studying' football till we were awarded the Texans. So I had no reason to hate the Cowboys or any other team.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-08-2005, 06:47 PM
I didnt grow up in a football home so I watched a game every now and then, I didnt start 'studying' football till we were awarded the Texans. So I had no reason to hate the Cowboys or any other team.

Well I had no reason to dislike the Texans till I visted these message boards one day in the June of 2004. You guys were (and still are) relentless with my Boys. You kept bringing up your lame 19-10 game 3 years ago. That's why I joined, to be a defender to the Silver and Blue.

Fiddy
08-08-2005, 06:51 PM
Well I had no reason to dislike the Texans till I visted these message boards one day in the June of 2004. You guys were (and still are) relentless with my Boys. You kept bringing up your lame 19-10 game 3 years ago. That's why I joined, to be a defender to the Silver and Blue. Your Honor, I enter exibit number 2.

DFAN
08-08-2005, 06:52 PM
The media market is driven by money. ABC gets their money from advertisers. So they need a high neilson rating to charge more for commerical time. Advertisers will pay more for a 20 second spot when the Cowboys are playing because they know even the people who dont like the Cowboys will tune in. Advertisers will not pay when the Browns are on TV because only Browns fans will tune in. Not the people that hate the Browns..

Thank you. Thats what I said originally. People tune in wheather you like them or not. The ratings arent just there because the hate fan base is big. There fan base is huge.

Me being jealous of the Cowboys because of 3 rings a decade ago when I was about 7 makes as much sense as Dallas Maverick fans being jealous of the Houston Rockets cause of the 2 championships a decade ago. I hate the Yanks cause they pay there way to the World Series and because it seems that they always get the calls. But this brings up a good point. I have watched every Yankee game on ESPN or FOX cause I love to see them struggle. It's so fun. Maybe some Texans fans are jealous of the Cowboys cause they ruled Texas. But I doubt that cause the Rockets ruled Texas, too. Around the time yall were winning Super Bowls we were winning Championships too and this town was a basketball city. IDK, I was a little child..

We won SB's before the 90's. You cant compare the 2. One reason Football is mucher bigger in Texas than basketball. BTW I am a huge Rocket fan.

Why I hate them??? I really didnt 'hate' them until they talked trash about the Texans when we were an expansion team. I was more indifferent, I had no reason to hate but now I do. And I also hate how their fans trash Texans fans when we bring up 19-10 and they say that was a long time ago but they go and bring up championships from a decade ago.

I think gr8 or Joe can tell you this. Cant remember which one I told.

I was going to be a Texan fan. Well they were going to be my 2nd team just like the Oilers. I had the hat, shirt and even was going to get season tickets.

Then came June or July of 2002. All the Cowboys haters came out. Couldn't go anywhere or listen to 610 without the bashing. Came to a point where I couldnt stand the Texans because of the fans. Most not all.

Fiddy
08-08-2005, 07:00 PM
Thank you. Thats what I said originally. People tune in wheather you like them or not. The ratings arent just there because the hate fan base is big. There fan base is huge. We will have to meet in the middle and say it's a mixture.

We won SB's before the 90's. You cant compare the 2. One reason Football is mucher bigger in Texas than basketball. BTW I am a huge Rocket fan. You are going to bring stuff up from 1972 and 1978??? People dont hate the Cowboys for what they did in the 70s. You can compare the two because they were around the same time and streaks. 2 in a row for the Rockets and 3 out of 4 for the Cowboys.

I think gr8 or Joe can tell you this. Cant remember which one I told.

I was going to be a Texan fan. Well they were going to be my 2nd team just like the Oilers. I had the hat, shirt and even was going to get season tickets.

Then came June or July of 2002. All the Cowboys haters came out. Couldn't go anywhere or listen to 610 without the bashing. Came to a point where I couldnt stand the Texans because of the fans. Most not all. We couldnt stand Cowboy fans talking trash to a 1st year franchise.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-08-2005, 07:06 PM
All the Cowboys haters came out. Couldn't go anywhere or listen to 610 without the bashing. Came to a point where I couldnt stand the Texans because of the fans. Most not all.

Totally agree. And get this, Fiddy said the reason Texan fans make fun of the Cowboys more than any other team is because it's "easy to make fun of them."

"All you have to do is change 2 letters to make Cowboys to Cowgirls ." LMAO

Huge
08-08-2005, 07:16 PM
So let me see if I can understand where you're coming from, Fiddy.

Dallas makes it onto MNF because the majority of the people want to see them lose. This could also help explain why they're near the top of merchandise sales year in and year out (because people just buy their stuff because they're "well known").

New England makes it onto MNF because the majority of the people want to see them win. This is because they got there because they won. Outside of New England's fan base, who are these people that want to see them win?

And apprently, you seem to think there's a difference between "well known" and "popular".

Here's reality: No team gets on Monday Night Football without winning. It may not have been recently but at one point, those teams won a buttload of games.

Now, reasons why people tune in may vary. Some might watch Dallas because they want to see them win, others to see them lose. Why do you want to see the lose? Because you don't like them. Why do you not like them? The root is because they have won a buttload of games. You may claim it's because we have an "arrogant fanbase". But why are we arrogant? Because our team has won a buttload of games.

So there is not right or wrong reason why you're on MNF. The root reason you're there is because you draw ratings. The reason why you draw ratings is because people want to see you win/lose. The reason why people want to see you win/lose is because you have a history of winning.

Pull up the most appearances on MNF and I guarantee that list of teams will read much like the most successful franchises in the history of the NFL.

Fiddy
08-08-2005, 07:40 PM
So let me see if I can understand where you're coming from, Fiddy.

Dallas makes it onto MNF because the majority of the people want to see them lose. This could also help explain why they're near the top of merchandise sales year in and year out (because people just buy their stuff because they're "well known").

New England makes it onto MNF because the majority of the people want to see them win. This is because they got there because they won. Outside of New England's fan base, who are these people that want to see them win?

And apprently, you seem to think there's a difference between "well known" and "popular". The Pats get on cause they are the Super Bowl winners. You have to give to Super Bowl Champs primetime games. The Cowboys had a losing record last year, didnt make the playoffs and has 3 MNF games. They didnt win their way on to MNF.

And yes they sell stuff because they are well known. Do you honestly think that everyone who buys cowboy gear is a cowboy fan??? Everyone knows the star logo. Everyone who lives in the country has seen it countless number of times.

Here's reality: No team gets on Monday Night Football without winning. It may not have been recently but at one point, those teams won a buttload of games.

Now, reasons why people tune in may vary. Some might watch Dallas because they want to see them win, others to see them lose. Why do you want to see the lose? Because you don't like them. Why do you not like them? The root is because they have won a buttload of games. You may claim it's because we have an "arrogant fanbase". But why are we arrogant? Because our team has won a buttload of games.

So there is not right or wrong reason why you're on MNF. The root reason you're there is because you draw ratings. The reason why you draw ratings is because people want to see you win/lose. The reason why people want to see you win/lose is because you have a history of winning.

Pull up the most appearances on MNF and I guarantee that list of teams will read much like the most successful franchises in the history of the NFL. Of course your wins and history of buttloads of wins couldnt have been recently because you guys are 31-49 (.3875) over the last 5 years. Yall live in the glory of a decade ago. Yall's fan base is arrogant because it use to be good 10 years ago. Over the last 5 years, the Browns have had the same number of postseason visits.

I havent disagreed that MNF is about ratings. I've agreed that yall get ratings. I was arguing the point that a good amount of your ratings would be because people love the cowboys going 6-10.

Grid
08-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the info everyone.. i think i did pretty good on the speech.. ill find out tommorrow.

One of my selling points was

"Houston fans dont hate the Cowboys because of their championships. We hate the Cowboys because we are proud of our state.. we are proud of what Texas and Texans stand for.. strong morals and a good attitude.. friendliness and strength of character. These are all things that the Cowboy organization is in direct opposition of. We hate the Cowboys because they represent our state in a way that does not do it justice. They are a blemish on our great state, and that is something that no self respecting Texan would celebrate."

Bob_A
08-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Well I had no reason to dislike the Texans till I visted these message boards one day in the June of 2004. You guys were (and still are) relentless with my Boys. You kept bringing up your lame 19-10 game 3 years ago. That's why I joined, to be a defender to the Silver and Blue.

You are kidding right? You really felt the need to spend the time posting over 475 times in the space of 13 months on some internet message board to defend your favorite football team? And on THIS board? This is one of the tamest and most civil boards you could ever find.

That just sounds silly.

Oh, yeah, one more thing... " relentless with my Boys." What the he11 would you expect?

Huge
08-08-2005, 08:31 PM
The Pats get on cause they are the Super Bowl winners. You have to give to Super Bowl Champs primetime games. The Cowboys had a losing record last year, didnt make the playoffs and has 3 MNF games. They didnt win their way on to MNF.

Sure they (Dallas) did (get on by winning). Just because they haven't won recently doesn't mean anything. Is it any secret why Washington @ Dallas is the 3rd MNF game of the year? Both were 6-10 last year. Do you think that matters in the eyes of ratings?

And yes they sell stuff because they are well known. Do you honestly think that everyone who buys cowboy gear is a cowboy fan??? Everyone knows the star logo. Everyone who lives in the country has seen it countless number of times.

Not at all. Do you honestly think that Dallas is the only team that has merchandise sold because they're well known? Of course not, you said yourself your sister has a Red Sox jersey.

So you'd probably agree that every "well known" team in the league has merchandise that is sold simply based on recognition. So would it be far fetched to deduce that if these fans canceled each other out, Dallas would still be in the top 10 in sales? If not, explain how they wouldn't.

Of course your wins and history of buttloads of wins couldnt have been recently because you guys are 31-49 (.3875) over the last 5 years. Yall live in the glory of a decade ago. Yall's fan base is arrogant because it use to be good 10 years ago. Over the last 5 years, the Browns have had the same number of postseason visits.

See above as to why winning in the past is just as relevant as winning in the present when it comes to appearances on MNF.

Speaking of arrogant fan bases, did you hear the claims of "greatest expansion team ever" around these parts about 4 years ago?

I havent disagreed that MNF is about ratings. I've agreed that yall get ratings. I was arguing the point that a good amount of your ratings would be because people love the cowboys going 6-10.

I think you're selling it a bit short when you say "a good amount". Think about it, as big as Dallas' fan base is, is it bigger than the fan bases of all the other teams combined? Probably not. So I'd say a large portion of the viewing audience is not a fan of Dallas.

But how is that any different than any other team? Do you think the majority of the audience wants to see New England win? Why would they unless they're fans of the Patriots?

"Houston fans dont hate the Cowboys because of their championships. We hate the Cowboys because we are proud of our state.. we are proud of what Texas and Texans stand for.. strong morals and a good attitude.. friendliness and strength of character. These are all things that the Cowboy organization is in direct opposition of. We hate the Cowboys because they represent our state in a way that does not do it justice. They are a blemish on our great state, and that is something that no self respecting Texan would celebrate."

Did you really say that? In public? BWUHAHAHAHA!!! ;)

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-08-2005, 08:54 PM
You are kidding right? You really felt the need to spend the time posting over 475 times in the space of 13 months on some internet message board to defend your favorite football team? And on THIS board? This is one of the tamest and most civil boards you could ever find.

That just sounds silly.

Guess what Bob, not all of my 475 posts have to do with the Cowboys. There's only been about 3 other threads that I've really been in a Cowboys vs. Texans debate. This is a good message board, along with debating about the Cowboys I find time to post in the General NFL section and the Houston Sports Scene. I'm sorry if you think I'm "silly"..

Fiddy
08-08-2005, 08:56 PM
Sure they (Dallas) did (get on by winning). Just because they haven't won recently doesn't mean anything. Is it any secret why Washington @ Dallas is the 3rd MNF game of the year? Both were 6-10 last year. Do you think that matters in the eyes of ratings? That has more to do with the fan bases and people who will tune into to watch one of the teams lose. At least one Dallas/Washington game is in primetime every year.

Not at all. Do you honestly think that Dallas is the only team that has merchandise sold because they're well known? Of course not, you said yourself your sister has a Red Sox jersey.

So you'd probably agree that every "well known" team in the league has merchandise that is sold simply based on recognition. So would it be far fetched to deduce that if these fans canceled each other out, Dallas would still be in the top 10 in sales? If not, explain how they wouldn't. You cannot say that the sales would be cancelled because the Cowboys along with the Packers have many more sales due to recongnition than say the Dolphins or Steelers. Many, many more sales. You can't cancel it out there is a big difference.

See above as to why winning in the past is just as relevant as winning in the present when it comes to appearances on MNF. I dont think winning has as much as you think it does when it comes down to MNF. It has more to do with teams having players with name recognition. Now given that the teams who have players with 'names' have better records then other teams. The reason yall get more games on MNF now then you did during the Campo years is because you have player's with names and even you coach. (Parcells, Keyshawn, Bledsoe) The Colts could still get on if they were horrible cause they have Manning and Harrision. Name recognizion has more to do with MNF then the amount of wins the team got 20 years ago.

Speaking of arrogant fan bases, did you hear the claims of "greatest expansion team ever" around these parts about 4 years ago? 4 years ago I dont think I posted on any board so I honestly dont know.

I think you're selling it a bit short when you say "a good amount". Think about it, as big as Dallas' fan base is, is it bigger than the fan bases of all the other teams combined? Probably not. So I'd say a large portion of the viewing audience is not a fan of Dallas.

But how is that any different than any other team? Do you think the majority of the audience wants to see New England win? Why would they unless they're fans of the Patriots? Okay this is what I am saying: 100 people tune into a Cowboys MNF now of course a lot of those are going to be cowboy fans so we will say 70 are fans. The other 30 tune into see them lose.
Now with the Pats only 80 tune in but 70 of those are fans and 10 tuned into hate.
The Cowboys draw more than the Pats, but that's cause more people hate the cowboys...

Huge
08-08-2005, 09:24 PM
That has more to do with the fan bases and people who will tune into to watch one of the teams lose. At least one Dallas/Washington game is in primetime every year.

No, it has to do with ratings. Every game will have people tune in to see one team lose. It's just that when Dallas plays (especially Washington), they have more people tune in than most other games.

But why do you think that is? I know your answer will be a simple "Because more people want to see Dallas lose". But why do you think there are so many that want to see Dallas lose?

You cannot say that the sales would be cancelled because the Cowboys along with the Packers have many more sales due to recongnition than say the Dolphins or Steelers. Many, many more sales. You can't cancel it out there is a big difference.

And what makes them more recognizable than other franchises?

I dont think winning has as much as you think it does when it comes down to MNF. It has more to do with teams having players with name recognition. Now given that the teams who have players with 'names' have better records then other teams. The reason yall get more games on MNF now then you did during the Campo years is because you have player's with names and even you coach. (Parcells, Keyshawn, Bledsoe) The Colts could still get on if they were horrible cause they have Manning and Harrision. Name recognizion has more to do with MNF then the amount of wins the team got 20 years ago.

Players will/can initially bring in fans. But it takes winning to make sure they keep coming back. Did you see a surge in MNF appearances for Arizona after Emmitt Smith signed with them?

Okay this is what I am saying: 100 people tune into a Cowboys MNF now of course a lot of those are going to be cowboy fans so we will say 70 are fans. The other 30 tune into see them lose.
Now with the Pats only 80 tune in but 70 of those are fans and 10 tuned into hate.
The Cowboys draw more than the Pats, but that's cause more people hate the cowboys...

I see what you're saying. And you still have it backwards.

Had you said 30 of the 100 that tuned in were there to see Dallas win, then we'd see eye to eye. I simple refuse to believe that of the 15 million or so viewers that tune in to MNF games, the majority of them belong to the fan base of one of the teams playing. Which is another reason I think your numbers about 85% of the viewers that watch New England want them to win are way off. Obviously their fan base will want them to win. But their fan base is still the minority of the viewing audience.

I see where you're going. You're simply saying more people will tune in to watch Dallas lose than to watch some other team win. And obviously I agree with that idea because of my belief that a team's fan base will always be the minority viewing the game.

But again, why do you think more people want to see Dallas lose?

Fiddy
08-08-2005, 10:04 PM
No, it has to do with ratings. Every game will have people tune in to see one team lose. It's just that when Dallas plays (especially Washington), they have more people tune in than most other games.

But why do you think that is? I know your answer will be a simple "Because more people want to see Dallas lose". But why do you think there are so many that want to see Dallas lose? Yeah I do.

Players will/can initially bring in fans. But it takes winning to make sure they keep coming back. Did you see a surge in MNF appearances for Arizona after Emmitt Smith signed with them? Dont forget that Smith was at the end of his career and most FOOTBALL fans try to forget Smith in a Cardinal uniform. I even do.

I see what you're saying. And you still have it backwards.

Had you said 30 of the 100 that tuned in were there to see Dallas win, then we'd see eye to eye. I simple refuse to believe that of the 15 million or so viewers that tune in to MNF games, the majority of them belong to the fan base of one of the teams playing. Which is another reason I think your numbers about 85% of the viewers that watch New England want them to win are way off. Obviously their fan base will want them to win. But their fan base is still the minority of the viewing audience.

I see where you're going. You're simply saying more people will tune in to watch Dallas lose than to watch some other team win. And obviously I agree with that idea because of my belief that a team's fan base will always be the minority viewing the game.

But again, why do you think more people want to see Dallas lose? I see where you are coming from and I wouldnt be shocked if I am wrong and of course there are indifferent people watching but I just feel that the team's fan will turn in and then some people who hate them will and of course people who watch football will too...

We will have to agree to disagree...

WWJD
08-08-2005, 10:07 PM
I guess I'm in the minority because I'm certainly not wasting any of my time watching a team because I hate them and want them to lose. That seems like a big waste of time.

If the Cowboys are on MNF and you hate them then don't watch! Because if you do and the ratings are huge you've just bit off your nose to spite your face. You've told those advertisers the Cowboys are going to make us money.

I don't get that logic at all...why mess with something you claim to hate? Who has the time for that?

Fiddy
08-08-2005, 10:14 PM
I guess I'm in the minority because I'm certainly not wasting any of my time watching a team because I hate them and want them to lose. That seems like a big waste of time.

If the Cowboys are on MNF and you hate them then don't watch! Because if you do and the ratings are huge you've just bit off your nose to spite your face. You've told those advertisers the Cowboys are going to make us money.

I don't get that logic at all...why mess with something you claim to hate? Who has the time for that? I'm not going out of my way to watch a Cowboys game. If they are on MNF, they are on ch. 13 and I can turn on the TV, do my homework and root against them. It's not like I position my day around them.

DFAN
08-08-2005, 10:36 PM
We will have to meet in the middle and say it's a mixture. .

I can do that!!

You are going to bring stuff up from 1972 and 1978??? People dont hate the Cowboys for what they did in the 70s. You can compare the two because they were around the same time and streaks. 2 in a row for the Rockets and 3 out of 4 for the Cowboys..

It just isnt the 3 in the 90's. It's the 2 in the 70's as well. It's all 5 that bother people. I dont see why jealousy is a bad thing. I was jealous of the nineres and the steelers when they had 4 and we had 2.

Texas is a football state. If you were to ask anyone in Houston at that time if it made them feel any better that the Rockets won 2 in a row since the Cowboys just one 3 out of 4 and thier 5th. A LARGE amount of them would say no. Two different sports. Cant compare the 2.

We couldnt stand Cowboy fans talking trash to a 1st year franchise.

Well this something we have agree to disagree on. I couldn't even wear Cowboy gear without someone having something to say. Never did this happen when the Oilers were here. The main reason is because they had no ground to stand on. Houston gets a new franchise and the slate is whiped cleaned of all the heartbreak seasons of the Oilers choking and the Boys taking home the rings. I feel like the Texan fans started this and they feel like we did.

DFAN
08-08-2005, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the info everyone.. i think i did pretty good on the speech.. ill find out tommorrow.

Funny we bring up the rings from a decade ago and we get slammed for it. But yet the off the field issues are always open for conversation.

WWJD
08-08-2005, 11:04 PM
I'm not going out of my way to watch a Cowboys game. If they are on MNF, they are on ch. 13 and I can turn on the TV, do my homework and root against them. It's not like I position my day around them.

I wasn't speaking to you directly Fiddy but rather generally....

I will never understand though why anybody would waste one minute of their time watching something/somebody/anything they don't like unless they are made to do so at the point of a gun.

It'd be torture for me to have to watch the Oscars. I don't torture myself...I don't watch!

texasguy346
08-08-2005, 11:05 PM
I dont think winning has as much as you think it does when it comes down to MNF. It has more to do with teams having players with name recognition.

I tend to agree with you on this point, or at least it seems to be the case the past few years. MNF seems more concerned with player matchups (TO vs Moss, Vick vs McNabb, McNabb vs Culpepper, Farve vs some young gun QB, etc...) than it has been in the past, but they also do a good job of mixing in classic rivalry games and the like into the season as well.

ledzeppelin229
08-09-2005, 02:40 AM
The phenomenon with the Cowboys is that no matter how terrible they are, or for how long, they've become popular enough that even the far-away fans have stuck with them. Obviously that's taken a lot of prior winning and as a result a lot of national exposure.

Winning = National TV and New Fans = More National TV = Fans stick despite Terrible Team = More National TV. Which all comes down to, more money for everyone not named Joe Consumer.

The majority of people that are don't show allegiance to a local team want to be part of something that has a reputation of winning. That's why even with the junky season the Lakers had, people remain fans. Unfortunately it puts off somewhat of an "aura" of success. There's a difference of perception, real or imagined, between a person wearing a Patriots SB hat and a person wearing a "My Team has sucked more than any team all decade" hat.

Of course you also have to have some respect (and sympathy) for fans that have stuck with the team and still show off the merchandise despite the futility.

Huge
08-09-2005, 07:41 AM
Yeah I do.

What is this in response to?

Dont forget that Smith was at the end of his career and most FOOTBALL fans try to forget Smith in a Cardinal uniform. I even do.

I see. But people will tune in to watch Bill Parcells, Drew Bledsoe and Keyshawn Johnson (the three people you used as to why they will watch Dallas). 3 guys who are just hitting their prime.

I see where you are coming from and I wouldnt be shocked if I am wrong and of course there are indifferent people watching but I just feel that the team's fan will turn in and then some people who hate them will and of course people who watch football will too...

We will have to agree to disagree...

Agree to disagree with what? We both agree that Dallas is on MNF because a lot of people want to see them win or lose. The difference is you seem to be unwilling or unable to figure out why so many people want to see them win or lose.

WWJD I guess I'm in the minority because I'm certainly not wasting any of my time watching a team because I hate them and want them to lose. That seems like a big waste of time.

I don't get that logic at all...why mess with something you claim to hate? Who has the time for that?

I'll watch it because it's football. That's reason enough for me. If it happens to be a team I don't like, then I'll hope they lose.

I tend to agree with you on this point, or at least it seems to be the case the past few years. MNF seems more concerned with player matchups (TO vs Moss, Vick vs McNabb, McNabb vs Culpepper, Farve vs some young gun QB, etc...) than it has been in the past, but they also do a good job of mixing in classic rivalry games and the like into the season as well.

I certainly think that's part of it. But look at the teams they play for. Minnesota, Philadelphia and Green Bay were making appearances on MNF long before those players came along. If Culpepper is traded, do you think the Vikings fans won't tune in to watch their team play anymore?

Fiddy
08-09-2005, 11:47 AM
What is this in response to? Disregard that, I read it wrong.

I see. But people will tune in to watch Bill Parcells, Drew Bledsoe and Keyshawn Johnson (the three people you used as to why they will watch Dallas). 3 guys who are just hitting their prime.They'd use those 3 because of the number of people that will watch the game. No one is tuning into a Cardinals game.

Agree to disagree with what? We both agree that Dallas is on MNF because a lot of people want to see them win or lose. The difference is you seem to be unwilling or unable to figure out why so many people want to see them win or lose. I guess I am unwilling or unable

TheOgre
08-09-2005, 12:31 PM
Just come out and say it..."mine is bigger than yours".

(I'm talking about helmet sizes) :rolleyes:

SESupergenius
08-09-2005, 02:02 PM
It was soooo quiet in these forums with no "Cowboy" talk until this thread. There used to me unlenting attacks on the Texans about how much better the Cowboys were. Well all that took a back seat the last few years, especially when we had a better record than them.

Bullpen Drew
08-09-2005, 02:44 PM
TEXANS FOREVER COWBOYS NEVER

TD
08-09-2005, 02:52 PM
http://www.mcmillenandwife.com/dallas_cartoon.gif

DFAN
08-09-2005, 03:28 PM
The phenomenon with the Cowboys is that no matter how terrible they are, or for how long, they've become popular enough that even the far-away fans have stuck with them. Obviously that's taken a lot of prior winning and as a result a lot of national exposure.

Winning = National TV and New Fans = More National TV = Fans stick despite Terrible Team = More National TV. Which all comes down to, more money for everyone not named Joe Consumer.

The majority of people that are don't show allegiance to a local team want to be part of something that has a reputation of winning. That's why even with the junky season the Lakers had, people remain fans. Unfortunately it puts off somewhat of an "aura" of success. There's a difference of perception, real or imagined, between a person wearing a Patriots SB hat and a person wearing a "My Team has sucked more than any team all decade" hat.

Of course you also have to have some respect (and sympathy) for fans that have stuck with the team and still show off the merchandise despite the futility.

Great post!!!!!!!

DFAN
08-09-2005, 03:29 PM
It was soooo quiet in these forums with no "Cowboy" talk until this thread. There used to me unlenting attacks on the Texans about how much better the Cowboys were. Well all that took a back seat the last few years, especially when we had a better record than them.

I guess your talking about last year record?

Huge
08-09-2005, 03:34 PM

Within the "last few years" Dallas made the playoffs. I don't recall the Texans even having a winning record during that time period. ;)

SESupergenius
08-09-2005, 06:15 PM
I guess your talking about last year record?
um yes. We don't have a deep history.

Within the "last few years" Dallas made the playoffs. I don't recall the Texans even having a winning record during that time period. I don't even recall the Cowboys winning a playoff game recently, same for the Texans. OK you made the playoffs, but you still have a losing record against us. Then we have a better year than you last season. Please keep trying to compare yourself with a young team, living off your past accomplishments just isn't cutting it these days.

DFAN
08-09-2005, 06:24 PM
um yes. We don't have a deep history.

I don't even recall the Cowboys winning a playoff game recently, same for the Texans. OK you made the playoffs, but you still have a losing record against us. Then we have a better year than you last season. Please keep trying to compare yourself with a young team, living off your past accomplishments just isn't cutting it these days.

The 2nd comment was made by Huge not me.

Funny stuff. Cowboy fan brings up stuff from a decade ago we're told that's the past. We bring up 2years ago we're told well you didnt win in the playoffs.

Yet Texans fans have no problem bringing up 19-10 from 3 yrs ago nor do they have a problem bringing up off the field issues from a decade ago.

Huge
08-09-2005, 06:56 PM
I don't even recall the Cowboys winning a playoff game recently, same for the Texans. OK you made the playoffs, but you still have a losing record against us. Then we have a better year than you last season. Please keep trying to compare yourself with a young team, living off your past accomplishments just isn't cutting it these days.

Hilarious. :heh:

JustBonee
08-09-2005, 07:12 PM
http://beloit.edu/~tyler/police.gif

DFAN
08-09-2005, 08:58 PM
This is getting ridiculous. It all started when we beat you 19-10, thats when you (Dallas fan) started bringing up the 5 SB Rings from the past. You couldn't accept the fact we beat you. You still can't.

I try not to bring them up unless its in the topic of the conversation.

Trust me. Everything did not start with the !9-10 game. Dont flatter youself. The ring thing was getting brought up after they won SB XXX.

It's easy for fans who team has no rings to bash another for bringing up the ones they do have. Trust me, if the Texans ever get 5 or even one for that matter ya'll will not let anyone forget about it. This is the same fans who id the Cowboys would win another SB this year would say so what 19-10.

Actually I think the Texan fans should never forget that game. That was the SB for the Texans and the closest thing to a SB they will ever have.

BradK10
08-09-2005, 09:00 PM
hey here's some anti cowboy tidbit

Bill Parcells has man-boobs

WWJD
08-09-2005, 09:34 PM
hey here's some anti cowboy tidbit

Bill Parcells has man-boobs

Maybe not anymore. I haven't seen any recent pictures but read where he's lost weight. I think his weight yo-yo's like most people. When he had heart problems he lost weight and then gained it back.

DFAN
08-09-2005, 10:21 PM
That is a ignorant statement. :slap: The Texans will be in the SuperBowl, eventually.

Besides I thought you were stating facts? That is called an OPINION.

Said I was stating facts in another post. My opinion is, I don't see the Texans winning a SB with Casserly as the Gm and Capers as the coach.

Eventually? I'm sure the Browns, Jags, Lions, Saints, Cards and Seahawk fans been saying the sam thing for a lot longer.

There are the 6 teams that have never even been to a SB and another 7 who have been but not won. That's not including the Texasn since they have only been around for 3 years now.

This is why I think there is nothing wrong with bragging when your team does win one not matter how long ago. It is very hard to get to one much less win one. There is nothing wrong with the niners bragging about thier 5out 5. The Steelers bragging about thier 2 in a row 2 times in i think it was 6 years. There is nothing wrong with Cowboys fans bragging about the 8 appearences and 5 rings.

From fans who will never forget the 19-10 game. Trust me ya'll would brag for ages.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-09-2005, 10:34 PM
TEXANS FOREVER COWBOYS NEVER

Wow, you really made a statement there..

StarStruck
08-09-2005, 11:58 PM
This is getting ridiculous. It all started when we beat you 19-10, thats when you (Dallas fan) started bringing up the 5 SB Rings from the past. You couldn't accept the fact we beat you. You still can't.

Oh sure I can. I'm happy with five vintage Superbowls over one recent superbowl (19-10) any day. :)

DFAN
08-10-2005, 01:20 AM
You can add the Cowboys to that list as well. Seeing that they haven't been to the Super Bowl since 1996. The only team that can brag now is the Patriots.

What? I'm not even gonna touch this one.

slyfox68
08-11-2005, 01:49 AM
Let's compare apples to apples.
The Texans have a better winning % after their first 3 seasons than the Cowboys first 3 seasons.
Cowboys fans like to brag "We've won 5 SBs, how many have the Texans won?" My response is, "The SAME number y'all had after 3 seasons!"
The Cowboys went to their 1st SB (AND LOST) during their 11th season. Only time will tell, but I'll take the under on the Texans.

DoCt3rJ
08-11-2005, 01:36 PM
Ok in reality, no matter what fan you are. You have to give Cowboys credit, a team that will always be in history as one of the greatest franchises ever from the 70's to the 90's. Now as for here and on, they could be one of the worst, who knows, but can Texans dominate like Cowboys did for over 2 decades? WHO KNOWS... anyteam is capable of goin on a riot..Patriots look lk the closest to it right now. If Cowboys have a better record than Texans this year, Cowboy fans will talk ****, and Texans fans will bring up excuses. Same with if Texans have a better record than Cowboys this year, they will both explain why his/her team is still better. The people who hate Cowboys, are either jealous, or tired of hearing about them. But give them their due, they deserve to be heard about, the history of the Cowboys.. Wouldent you be pissed if Texans won 5 championships within the next 20 years, and 10 years after that nobody even talked about them, or respected what they did and accomplished, and got no TV time? Just because they were in a rebuilding process?

SESupergenius
08-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Let's compare apples to apples.
The Texans have a better winning % after their first 3 seasons than the Cowboys first 3 seasons.
Cowboys fans like to brag "We've won 5 SBs, how many have the Texans won?" My response is, "The SAME number y'all had after 3 seasons!"
The Cowboys went to their 1st SB (AND LOST) during their 11th season. Only time will tell, but I'll take the under on the Texans.

Yes and what is more Hilarious :highfive: is that Cowboy fans troll a Texans message board. :heh: It's very ironic that they want to stick their chests out and brag, yet thier accomplishments in the same time as our co-existance is very very minimal. But thats ok, when the season starts and they start losing we won't hear too much from them. It happens all the time.

WWJD
08-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Yes and what is more Hilarious :highfive: is that Cowboy fans troll a Texans message board. :heh: It's very ironic that they want to stick their chests out and brag, yet thier accomplishments in the same time as our co-existance is very very minimal. But thats ok, when the season starts and they start losing we won't hear too much from them. It happens all the time.

Uh I'm a Cowboys fan and a Texan fan and have been posting for some time. Winning or losing makes no difference to me as far as posting. Whether either team plays well or poorly is out of my control so I don't mind posting about either. I don't consider myself a troll but if others do they're entitled to think that and life goes on.

DFAN
08-11-2005, 09:23 PM

All MB's have trolls. Don't think that none of your fellow Texan fans dont troll MB's.

Besides I pretty much stay in the NFL area of this MB.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-12-2005, 02:13 AM

Not once has a Cowboy in this thread mentioned the Super Bowl. When have we "stuck out our chests and bragged?"

I don't appreciate you calling us trolls, lay off and simmer down. How has anyone here trolled? Every Dallas fan here is a class act, DFAN, WWJD, and Huge.
I post in the general NFL discussion board and the Houston Sports Scene, I haven't even touched the bullpen.

But I really could care less about what you think about me. Like WWJD said, life goes on..

HoustonHarley
08-12-2005, 04:29 AM
All i want to know is where are ALL those Cowboy fans now? My guess is probably with all the Yankee fans. You Cowboy fans seem like real fans, standing up for your team. I can respect that, eventhough I can't stand the typical Cowboys fan. I am sure you guys can name at least 4 of the players from back in the day. My point is this, most so called Cowboy fans can't. I don't put them in the same category. They may draw ratings, but they are not real fans! I will see you in Little D at halftime, when your fans decide to show up...I will be the one raising hell and talking **** to your "real fans".

Tedc
08-12-2005, 05:54 AM
Not once has a Cowboy in this thread mentioned the Super Bowl.

Really?

This is why I think there is nothing wrong with bragging when your team does win one not matter how long ago. It is very hard to get to one much less win one. There is nothing wrong with the niners bragging about thier 5out 5. The Steelers bragging about thier 2 in a row 2 times in i think it was 6 years. There is nothing wrong with Cowboys fans bragging about the 8 appearences and 5 rings.

Huge
08-12-2005, 08:39 AM
All i want to know is where are ALL those Cowboy fans now? My guess is probably with all the Yankee fans. You Cowboy fans seem like real fans, standing up for your team. I can respect that, eventhough I can't stand the typical Cowboys fan. I am sure you guys can name at least 4 of the players from back in the day. My point is this, most so called Cowboy fans can't. I don't put them in the same category. They may draw ratings, but they are not real fans! I will see you in Little D at halftime, when your fans decide to show up...I will be the one raising hell and talking **** to your "real fans".
Seriously, as a fan of Houston teams, you shouldn't bring up this topic.

Not saying we're perfect, because I agree with your opinion about our fans. But if you live in a glass house...

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-12-2005, 12:19 PM
Really?

Still didn't mention it.

WWJD
08-12-2005, 02:12 PM

Really don't underestimate people. Most people that like football are somewhat knowledgeable about their team and know more about most players than they really need to know. Dallas has a large fan base and has for decades...same for the Steelers...same for the Raiders...same for the Dolphins and so on. I don't know what you classify as a "real" fan. Somebody with season tickets? Somebody with a bumper sticker on their car? Somebody that listens to sports talk and watches ESPN? Somebody with a team tattoo? Somebody that flies a team flag?

I would love to see the day when people could just talk football and stop attacking the fan base of other teams. Will that day ever come? No.

nflnutswife
08-12-2005, 02:27 PM
Thank you, I was a Cowboy fan years BEFORE the Texans existed, my guess is everyone had a favorite team or two BEFORE the Texans, there is no doubt I love our Texans (don't care WHO thinks otherwise) but what did everyone else do with the support they had for the LAST team they loved????
I won't dump um! Just wondering!

WWJD
08-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Grew up in Dallas and had season tickets to Cowboys going back to Staubach. I've always liked the Cowboys.

I liked the Oilers and always cheered for them. I was very sad for the Houston fans when the Oilers moved and felt badly that Bud did that.

I like the Texans alot and think they've done a superb job of building a team.

I won't give up liking the Cowboys but have probably spent my last dime on them in person because I am building a ministry and don't have the time or money to spend to go to Dallas to games.

I like both teams.

Actually I like the NFL period. It's fun to be a fan.

nflnutswife
08-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Grew up in Dallas and had season tickets to Cowboys going back to Staubach. I've always liked the Cowboys.

I liked the Oilers and always cheered for them. I was very sad for the Houston fans when the Oilers moved and felt badly that Bud did that.

I like the Texans alot and think they've done a superb job of building a team.

I won't give up liking the Cowboys but have probably spent my last dime on them in person because I am building a ministry and don't have the time or money to spend to go to Dallas to games.

I like both teams.

Actually I like the NFL period. It's fun to be a fan.

Exactly, I remember sitting on my grandpa's lap watching Roger Staubach on Thanksgiving Day. Too many nice memories to give up on, but we're building terrific ones now an today w/ Houston! P.S. That autographed Staubach photo STAYS on our sports wall!

TD
08-12-2005, 03:24 PM
http://i.cnn.net/si/si_online/covers/images/2002/0819_large.jpg xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx lol: lol: lol: lol:

WWJD
08-12-2005, 03:27 PM
I thought this was interesting when I read it a few months ago....Emmitt Smith now works for Roger's real estate investment company.

I never got close enough to Roger to get an autograph but I do have a very nice picture and autograph of Coach Landry from the Cowboys old practice site that no longer exists. He was very kind to me and I never saw Coach Landry be anything but kind to fans. A gentleman.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
08-13-2005, 12:01 AM
Yeah, I recently saw that too. That's awesome the best QB and RB in Cowboys history working together. A match made in heaven.

WWJD
08-13-2005, 07:31 AM
Cliff Harris and Charlie Waters also work together running an energy company. Roger is a very successful businessman and has been ever since he got out of football years ago. I guess the drive he had to be successful in football carried over into his business life.

Ray Childress is another player that comes to mind that has had a very nice business life after football. And put a few pounds on Ray and he looks like he could still play.