05-19-2014, 05:06 PM
1. Max Bullough
2. Bryan Witzmann
3. Marcus Williams
4. Jason Ankrah
5. Austin Brown

Honorable mention

Travis Labhart

Good list steelb. I really liked what I read over the weekend about Travis Labhart's route running and getting into and out of his breaks crisply. Could Rick have found us a slot receiver?

kiwitexansfan
05-19-2014, 05:39 PM
Hard to debate your top 5 Steelb, but for the sake of being contrary....

Here is my TOP 5:

Chris Boswell, K, Rice
Travis Labhart, WR, Texas A&M
Max Bullough, ILB, Michigan State
Marcus Williams, CB, North Dakota State
Jason Ankrah, OLB, Nebraska

AngryNateFTW
05-19-2014, 09:39 PM
1. Max Bullough ILB Michigan State
2. Julius Warmsley DE Tulane
3. Chris Boswell K Rice
4. Marcus Williams CB North Dakota State
5. Austin Brown DE Miami (OH)

This could be the end of Jamison.

htownfan32
05-20-2014, 02:50 AM
I would love to see Labhart make the team, but I'm a biased ole' Ag. But seriously, route running slot receiver extraordinaire. Caught everything Manziel chucked at him. Reliable hardworking fellow from all accounts.

Also cheering for Bullough and Boswell.

The Pencil Neck
05-20-2014, 11:27 AM
I don't know who's going to make it and I don't have a lot at stake with these guys and I'm rooting for all of them to be great contributors, but... I'm REALLY hoping for great production out of:

1. Max Bullough, ILB (or at least SOME ILB)
2. Travis Labhart, WR (cause he's funny)
3. Chris Boswell, K (because K)

drs23
05-20-2014, 12:16 PM
I don't know who's going to make it and I don't have a lot at stake with these guys and I'm rooting for all of them to be great contributors, but... I'm REALLY hoping for great production out of:

1. Max Bullough, ILB (or at least SOME ILB)
2. Travis Labhart, WR (cause he's funny)
3. Chris Boswell, K (because K)

TPN, you're done with the beer can already? He came around to be pretty solid from around mid season though I readily admit he cost us/contributed to at least three losses last season. I don't have crystal balls, or even one but I'd sure hate to cut him loose and see him to go on and have a fantastic career with someone else.

I know, the flip side of that is he stays and his suckitude returns to thrive. My personal thought on this is O'Brien is serious about wanting competition at every position and the best, most consistent man wins. If he gets the yips again this HC has no allegiance to him and Chris Boswell or someone else is on speed dial.

The last thing I fear is O'Brien having a problem pulling the plug.

Promptly.

BTW, who's Lechler's competition??

Playoffs
05-20-2014, 12:28 PM

Ray Guy.

The Pencil Neck
05-20-2014, 01:05 PM

I know. I was thinking about that. They should at least bring SOMEONE in.

infantrycak
05-20-2014, 01:07 PM
I know. I was thinking about that. They should at least bring SOMEONE in.

Why? Frankly bringing in "competition" for guys like JJ, AJ, etc. and talking too much about there being competition for every spot tarnishes the whole thing because everyone knows its a blatant lie.

The Pencil Neck
05-20-2014, 01:08 PM
Why? Frankly bringing in "competition" for guys like JJ, AJ, etc. and talking too much about there being competition for every spot tarnishes the whole thing because everyone knows its a blatant lie.

Because if he gets injured or something, you should have some people you know that you can call and get them in here.

thunderkyss
05-27-2014, 08:03 PM
http://cdn2.newsok.biz/cache/w620-n_208d21ccff338e9e01ca4089ecac921c.jpg

Bester?? (http://newsok.com/oklahoma-football-receiver-lacoltan-bester-has-a-shot-at-being-drafted/article/4745965)

The former East Mississippi Community College superstar was expected to immediately contribute in Oklahoma’s then-depleted wide receiver corps, but it didn't pan out for a variety of reasons, some personal and some beyond his control, like the sudden arrival and eligibility of Division I transfers Justin Brown and Jalen Saunders.

“I was out of shape,” Bester said. “I wasn't as ready as I should have been. That put me behind in the playing process. Then this year, I was just getting comfortable in doing what I wanted to do. Now it’s time to go.”

After his senior season ended, Bester went to California to work with former Pro Bowl quarterback Jeff Garcia, who said he believes Bester has the skills to make it in the NFL.

“I’m excited for Lacoltan,” Garcia said. “I hope that somebody really looks at what he was able to do in that final game against Alabama, once the quarterback situation got settled there at Oklahoma.

“You go onto a big stage like that against a great defensive football team, and there’s no reason that couldn't have been happening more often during the season. It’s unfortunate that it didn't, but hey, we can’t look back now. Gotta move forward and make the most of it.”

mussop
05-27-2014, 09:05 PM
Warmsley, Julius DE anyone know anything about this guy? Heard he's looked good.

AngryNateFTW
05-27-2014, 09:24 PM
Warmsley, Julius DE anyone know anything about this guy? Heard he's looked good.

I wish. I can't find any tape on him. Just heard what you've heard. He was 270 going into his senior season and now he's 300.

76Texan
05-28-2014, 03:18 PM

I wish. I can't find any tape on him. Just heard what you've heard. He was 270 going into his senior season and now he's 300.

You can watch the New Orleans Bowl against Lafayette.
He looks stronger as the game goes along.
Did some good things, but it's hard to say with the lack of competition though.