PDA

View Full Version : We dont have a SINGLE QUARTERBACK In Our History....

Lord Bills
05-14-2014, 04:17 PM
that signifies the Texan Brand/legacy that our fanbase can be proud of that will live on in NFL immortality.

The Colts have Peyton Manning, Johnny Unitas, and now Andrew Luck.
The Niners have Joe Montana and Steve Young
The Steelers have the Ben Rapist and Terry Bradshaw
The Cowboys have Aikman and Staubach
The Patriots have Tom Brady
The Giants have Phil Simms and Eli
The Broncos have Elway
The Saints have Brees
The Eagles have McNabb.
The Falcons have Vick and now Matt Ryan
The Titans have Steve Mcnair
The Ravens have game manager supreme Dilfer and now have Flacco
The Bengals have Boomer
The Rams have Kurt Warner
The panthers have Cam Newton
The Packers have Farve now Rodgers
The Bears have Jim Mcmahon
The Lions have Stafford
The dolphins have Marino
The Jets have Joe Cool
The seahawks have Russell Wilson
The Buccaneers at least have a superbowl.
The jags at least have brunell and a afc championship game birth.

Doesnt it bother you we havent had a legitimate franchise quarterback EVER!?!?!?!?

How many games do we have to lose how many seasons do we have to waste in order for this franchise to make it a priority?

HJam72
05-14-2014, 04:21 PM
that signifies the Texan Brand/legacy that our fanbase can be proud of that will live on in NFL immortality.

The Broncos have Elway
The Saints have Brees
The Eagles have McNabb.
The Bengals have Boomer
The Lions have Stafford
The dolphins have Marino
The Jets have Joe Cool

Doesnt it bother you we havent had a legitimate franchise quarterback EVER!?!?!?!?

How many games do we have to lose how many seasons do we have to waste in order for this franchise to make it a priority?

We're working on it. :koolaid:

brg88tx
05-14-2014, 04:24 PM
we're a lot newer team brah

Lord Bills
05-14-2014, 04:26 PM
we're a lot newer team brah

we've been in the game since 2002.

brah.

Say Watt
05-14-2014, 04:29 PM
You left out Warren Moon. Is he a Titan in your rant?

Anyway, I do agree with you though. Pretty sad. Life as a Texans fan...

Bulls on Parade
05-14-2014, 04:31 PM
Would you rather be a Bengals fan that hasn't seen their team win a playoff game since 1991? We're sort of spoiled as a Texans fan with two wild-card wins in the last three years. That's also as many playoff wins (two) as the Cowboys have had since 1996.

Vance87
05-14-2014, 04:32 PM
I wouldn't file Flacco, Dilfer, Brunell or any QB newer than 2008 as 'legends'.

Dan B.
05-14-2014, 04:36 PM
I wouldn't file Flacco, Dilfer, Brunell or any QB newer than 2008 as 'legends'.

Yea you gotta shake your head at ranking Matthew Stafford over Bobby Layne

DBCooper
05-14-2014, 04:47 PM
Yeah, we could have had the great Manziel!

humblegeo
05-14-2014, 04:51 PM
I'm extremely disappointed that the best they could do for the Texans fans was to go out and get a quarterback reject thats played on 4 different NFL teams. Now 5 teams. Is that the best they can do after a 2-14 season worst record in rhe NFL. 3 winning seasons out of 11. I've been a loyal fan since day one but this is something that I just don't understand and think much more could have been done to address the quarterback problem. Why such a low priority???

Vinnie
05-14-2014, 04:57 PM
Sorry, if you're going to include Matt Ryan on that list, you'd have to include Matt Schaub for the Texans. Our Matt finally fell apart last year, but up to that point was on par with Ryan, and who knows, may even make a come back with the Raiders. His career isn't over yet, just his tenure in Houston.

Dan B.
05-14-2014, 04:58 PM
I'm extremely disappointed that the best they could do for the Texans fans was to go out and get a quarterback reject thats played on 4 different NFL teams. Now 5 teams. Is that the best they can do after a 2-14 season worst record in rhe NFL. 3 winning seasons out of 11. I've been a loyal fan since day one but this is something that I just don't understand and think much more could have been done to address the quarterback problem. Why such a low priority???

Because you can't turn chicken sh*t into chicken salad. Even if you're realllly hungry.

DBCooper
05-14-2014, 04:59 PM

I wouldn't say it's a low priority, it's a matter of the talent available and how much you're willing to give up to get them.

I don't see anyone out there worth spending high draft picks or money on at the moment.

Scooter
05-14-2014, 05:00 PM
troll

Dan B.
05-14-2014, 05:01 PM
troll

Nah. Tons of true Texans fans put Bills in their user name.

humblegeo
05-14-2014, 05:07 PM
I don't know, maybe Fitzpatrick is a better quarterback than I think. Guess we'll find out starting in August. A winning season sure would be nice though 9-7 maybe?

76Texan
05-14-2014, 05:24 PM
Well, they made it top priority in 2002.
Then the trade for Schaub is the equivalent of a first round draft pick.

mussop
05-14-2014, 05:46 PM
Dam us for taking the best player in the draft instead of reaching for a QB that our HC didn't want. :nolisten:

Hervoyel
05-14-2014, 05:54 PM

The Broncos have Elway
The Saints have Brees
The Eagles have McNabb.
The Bengals have Boomer
The Lions have Stafford
The dolphins have Marino
The Jets have Joe Cool

The Tom Savage era has begun man! What more do you want?

DBCooper
05-14-2014, 05:57 PM
The funny thing is when you add up the years these other franchises have been in existence versus the few great QB's they've each had.

The Pencil Neck
05-14-2014, 06:03 PM
Technically, we've had 2 QBs. Granted, one of them wasn't very good and the other one wasn't great, but still, 2.

In that same time period:

Browns: 10
Dolphins: 9
Cardinals: 8
Bears: 8
Raiders: 8
Vikings: 7
Buccs: 7
Titans: 7
Redskins: 6
Bills: 6
Cowboys: 6
Broncos: 6
Niners: 6
Lions: 5
Panthers: 5
Falcons: 5
Jags: 5
Chiefs: 5
Jets: 5
Ravens: 4
Bengals: 4
Seahawks: 4
Colts: 3
Giants: 3
Packers: 2
Patriots: 2
Saints: 2
Eagles: 3
Steelers: 2
Chargers: 2
Rams: 2

That's how many QBs have led each of these teams in passing yardage over the period of our team's existence. As you can see, a lot more teams have had a lot more turnover than we have.

Also, over these 12 seasons, 7 different QBs have lead the league in passing representing 8 different teams. The Texans are one of those teams.

We may or may not have our QB of the future on the team. Even if we do, we may suck this season. Up until very recently, rookie QBs don't do well. Brady didn't start as a rookie; Manning was terrible as a rookie; Joe Montana didn't start until his 3rd season.

So, we'll just have to wait and see how things develop. There's nothing at this point that says there were any QBs who'll be anything better than ordinary available to us this year.

Seegara
05-14-2014, 06:05 PM
You left out Warren Moon. Is he a Titan in your rant?

Anyway, I do agree with you though. Pretty sad. Life as a Texans fan...
and Bart Starr with the Packers.

Big Lou
05-14-2014, 06:16 PM

The Broncos have Elway
The Saints have Brees
The Eagles have McNabb.
The Bengals have Boomer
The Lions have Stafford
The dolphins have Marino
The Jets have Joe Cool

Dude I think Andre Johnson hacked your account........ :cow:

Big Lou
05-14-2014, 06:18 PM

WTF is that avatar he has, an Egyptian Bat?

EllisUnit
05-14-2014, 06:20 PM
The Tom Savage era has begun man! What more do you want?

A slim jim from his uncle would be a start.....

Showtime100
05-14-2014, 06:57 PM

The Broncos have Elway
The Saints have Brees
The Eagles have McNabb.
The Bengals have Boomer
The Lions have Stafford
The dolphins have Marino
The Jets have Joe Cool

Of the teams you mentioned you forgot Bert Jones, John Brodie, Craig Morton, Steve Grogan, Jim Plunkett, Fran Tarkenton, Archie Manning, Randall Cunningham, Ron Jaworski, Roman Gabriel, Dan Pastorini (technically), Ken Anderson, John Hadl, Steve Bartkowski, Bart Starr, Bobby Layne, Bob Griese, Jim Zorn, Doug Williams, Vinny Testverde (longevity more than anything else). and that's just off the top of my head.

I love reading OP's posts, but for all the wrong reasons.

thunderkyss
05-14-2014, 08:10 PM
The Lions have Stafford

It looked like you put a lot of thought into that post until I saw Stafford.

Think about the "make it a priority" thing.

Vince Young
Jamarcus Russell
David Car
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Brandon Weeden
Ryan Tannehill
Christian Ponder
Johnny Manziel
Blake Bortles
Tim Teebow
Mark Sanchez
Josh Freeman
Brady Quin
Kevin Kolb
Jason Campbell
J.P. Losman

Those teams made getting a franchise QB a priority. So did the teams that picked

Colin Kaepernick
Russell Wilson
Nick Foles
Andy Dalton

Then you've got QBs in the league that are still playing as starters, or prospective starters that were better than those "priority" guys, like Chad Henne and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

You can't force a franchise QB to happen. Picking him in the first round doesn't make him a franchise QB.

If there was truly a franchise QB in this draft, there would be more national talk about how we should have taken him instead of Clowney, but I can guarantee you that the media would be going crazy right now if we had taken any of those three QBs (Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater; the way most people had them graded) before Clowney.

Texan_Bill
05-14-2014, 08:10 PM
Who is "we'' Kemosabe??? "We" as I think about it is, Houston football fans.... Which would include George Blanda, Dan Pastorini, Warren Moon, and honorable mentions, Giff Nielson (solely for the playoff win v. San Diego on the road without Earl or Dante) and Bucky Richardson (because he was fun to watch).

thunderkyss
05-14-2014, 08:13 PM

That guy alone won three games last year than the Texans did on a worse team in the same division.

:kubepalm:

Thorn
05-14-2014, 08:13 PM
We should trade our next three number 1 picks for Luck. And throw in our defensive front seven while we at it. Luck is surely worth that much.

JB
05-14-2014, 08:15 PM
troll

the truth!

thunderkyss
05-14-2014, 08:23 PM
Who is "we'' Kemosabe??? "We" as I think about it is, Houston football fans.... Which would include George Blanda, Dan Pastorini, Warren Moon, and honorable mentions, Giff Nielson (solely for the playoff win v. San Diego on the road without Earl or Dante) and Bucky Richardson (because he was fun to watch).

Bill.... you forgot

http://www.oursportscentral.com/usfl/images/kelly2.jpg

Texan_Bill
05-14-2014, 08:51 PM
Bill.... you forgot

http://www.oursportscentral.com/usfl/images/kelly2.jpg

You're right TK, total fail on my part!!

Damn my dumbass!!

*EDIT*

MSR

kiwitexansfan
05-14-2014, 09:16 PM
I think Carr perfectly summarises the Texans history so far.

High hopes and heartbreaking failure.

thunderkyss
05-14-2014, 09:29 PM
I think Carr perfectly summarises the Texans history so far.

High hopes and heartbreaking failure.

& it took us 10 years to get out of that crap. I don't understand people wanting to "swing for the fences" with the questionable QB talent at the top of this draft.

The Titans seem to be the only team of that bunch that screwed up in 2012 to learn that lesson.

None of the guys taken in the first were taken at plus value. If anything, Bridgewater was, but not by much. I like his chances in Minnesota, with Patterson there, I wouldn't have a problem if we took him at 33. But they could have done so much better for that team with that pick.

Norg
05-14-2014, 10:06 PM
IDK but I really liked Sage rosenfels there were times were he looked straight badass I mean he would torch DEF .... but he was like jeckle and hyde 2

and TJ yates I will never forget the run he did to get us into the playoffs and I will never forget our first PLayoff game and how loud and exciting it was

WHen he ran for a first down in cincy was so epic hell when he drove down the field in like 1 min

I will never forget TJ yates

hell im never going to forget the SCHAUB MELTDOWN year or when he had that face when we went OT with the Redskins

Norg
05-14-2014, 10:09 PM
still brings a tear LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6sA-pWv9sc

justtxyank
05-15-2014, 09:09 AM
Some on your list are questionable.

Specifically want to attack Dilfer as the game manager supreme. He gets this label but it doesn't make sense. He threw 11 interception in 8 starts for the Ravens title team, throwing interceptions at a higher % than Matt Schaub did LAST YEAR.

Think about that. The year Schaub set the NFL record for consecutive pick 6s and got run out of town, he throw interceptions at a low rate than Trent Dilfer. And yet Trent Dilfer is held up as the poster boy of a QB that "didn't make mistakes."

Lord Bills
05-15-2014, 12:06 PM
those of you questioning the names on my list are completely missing the point.

WE HAVE NEVER HAD A FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK OR ANY QUARTERBACK FOR THAT MATTER THAT WE CAN BE LINKED/CARRY THE TEXAN BRAND IN A POSITIVE LIGHT FOR HISTORICAL PURPOSES.

That is a fact.

This franchise, not the oilers/titans but this texan franchise. Warren Moon Pastorini yes they are houston greats but we dont have a single quarterback great in texan history.

that is a sad sad state of historical affair.

mussop
05-15-2014, 12:10 PM

WE HAVE NEVER HAD A FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK OR ANY QUARTERBACK FOR THAT MATTER THAT WE CAN BE LINKED/CARRY THE TEXAN BRAND IN A POSITIVE LIGHT FOR HISTORICAL PURPOSES.

That is a fact.

This franchise, not the oilers/titans but this texan franchise. Warren Moon Pastorini yes they are houston greats but we dont have a single quarterback great in texan history.

So what is your point??????

Lord Bills
05-15-2014, 12:12 PM

s

m

d

h

DBCooper
05-15-2014, 12:29 PM

That a 12 year franchise should have already found the next Joe Montana.

Pure incompetence.

Errant Hothy
05-15-2014, 12:39 PM
Going by memory Houston had a shot at drafting 4 of the guys on that list.

Damn them for not drafting guys who had retired before they even existed.

False Start
05-15-2014, 12:51 PM
Hey, they should have drafted Johnny Football. :mcclain:

Playoffs
05-15-2014, 12:55 PM

http://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/tebow.gif

Thorn
05-15-2014, 01:00 PM

I'm glad that flea bitten egotistical piece of crap didn't get drafted by Houston. I would have had to seriously question the sanity of every single Texans scout, coach, GM, owner and water boy.

And now I have to shoot Playoffs for posting that gif. My retirement just got busier.

False Start
05-15-2014, 01:21 PM
I'm glad that flea bitten egotistical piece of crap didn't get drafted by Houston. I would have had to seriously question the sanity of every single Texans scout, coach, GM, owner and water boy.

And now I have to shoot Playoffs for posting that gif. My retirement just got busier.

I was just F'in around. I was in McClain mode. :littlelol:

Thorn
05-15-2014, 01:58 PM
I was just F'in around. I was in McClain mode. :littlelol:

OK, I won't shoot you then. But shooting Playoffs is still necessary.

HOU-TEX
05-15-2014, 02:11 PM
Maybe we should be scouting male models. Sounds like they'd be what it takes to make this Lord Bill guy happy. Infatuated with players that look good is a tad creepy.

Some of the best players to ever play the game are big, nasty, toothless mofos

Something tells me this cat came from the HT.com board

dream_team
05-15-2014, 02:53 PM

That is a fact.

Despite what happened last season, I (as well as many others) see Schaub positively and he helped take this team out of the bottom and made them significant in the NFL. I'm proud that Schaub was a Texan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

powda
05-15-2014, 03:11 PM
If only dave ragone and drew Henson got a shot here...we coulda made that stinking list.

buddyboy
05-15-2014, 03:25 PM
s

m

d

h

Since you didn't get it, what's the point of this thread? Just for you to moan and b!tch, or is there actual discussion to be had here?

DBCooper
05-15-2014, 03:36 PM
Since you didn't get it, what's the point of this thread? Just for you to moan and b!tch, or is there actual discussion to be had here?

The Texans needed to throw the number one pick at a REAL QB, like Manziel!

eriadoc
05-15-2014, 03:47 PM
Every QB in this draft except Bortles was predicted by the media "experts" to go higher than they actually went. Perhaps that's a hint and a half for your ass that the media "experts" don't know their ****, and the only people dumber are the ones who soak it up as gospel and then rant, rave, whine, moan, groan, ***** and/or complain that the team didn't take X quarterback in Y round.

How long did SF play in the NFL before they found Joe Montana? How long did TB play in the NFL before they had a good QB (or at least one that played well for them)? How long did the Bengals play in the NFL before they found a good QB? I can go on and on with these questions, but you'll discover the point if you bother to answer the first few.

I'm not making any excuses for the Texans, because I think they've done a poor job in many areas, but going after Matt Schaub was a good move. Drafting David Carr was the consensus move - i.e., the one people like you would have bitched about if they didn't draft him in 2002. This year, there wasn't a QB in the draft that teams felt strongly enough to take aside from maybe Bortles. If the Texans didn't feel that was their guy, I'll take their opinion, as flawed as it may prove to be, over yours. Because let's face it, your opinion is crap.

michaelm
05-15-2014, 03:54 PM
Every QB in this draft except Bortles was predicted by the media "experts" to go higher than they actually went. Perhaps that's a hint and a half for your ass that the media "experts" don't know their ****, and the only people dumber are the ones who soak it up as gospel and then rant, rave, whine, moan, groan, ***** and/or complain that the team didn't take X quarterback in Y round.

How long did SF play in the NFL before they found Joe Montana? How long did TB play in the NFL before they had a good QB (or at least one that played well for them)? How long did the Bengals play in the NFL before they found a good QB? I can go on and on with these questions, but you'll discover the point if you bother to answer the first few.

I'm not making any excuses for the Texans, because I think they've done a poor job in many areas, but going after Matt Schaub was a good move. Drafting David Carr was the consensus move - i.e., the one people like you would have bitched about if they didn't draft him in 2002. This year, there wasn't a QB in the draft that teams felt strongly enough to take aside from maybe Bortles. If the Texans didn't feel that was their guy, I'll take their opinion, as flawed as it may prove to be, over yours. Because let's face it, your opinion is crap.

(Channeling Lord Bills) Eh, yeah, but Manziel... so whatev...

Double Barrel
05-15-2014, 04:59 PM
How long did SF play in the NFL before they found Joe Montana?

Piggy-backing on your post (which the entire thing was great, btw), just take a look at the Pittsburgh Steelers. Founded in 1933, first playoff game in 1947 (which they lost), and then never sniffed the playoffs again for another 25 years until Chuck Knoll came along.

That math is one playoff appearance in approximately FOUR DECADES. :rake:

Grams
05-15-2014, 05:17 PM
Savage to Slaughter . . . .

I really like the sound of that.

Marshall
05-15-2014, 05:22 PM

The Broncos have Elway
The Saints have Brees
The Eagles have McNabb.
The Bengals have Boomer
The Lions have Stafford
The dolphins have Marino
The Jets have Joe Cool

You must be the most spoiled brat there ever was. Our franchise came into existence only about a dozen years ago. Almost every QB you named is from the distant past or a current phenom which might or might not have long term legs like the truly GREAT!

Grow up.

ObsiWan
05-15-2014, 05:25 PM
Piggy-backing on your post (which the entire thing was great, btw), just take a look at the Pittsburgh Steelers. Founded in 1933, first playoff game in 1947 (which they lost), and then never sniffed the playoffs again for another 25 years until Chuck Knoll came along.

That math is one playoff appearance in approximately FOUR DECADES. :rake:
Oh it gets better... those same Steelers drafted John Unitas in 1955 but the head coach didn't think Unitas was smart enough to be an NFL QB and cut him before the start of the season.
:toropalm:

Marshall
05-15-2014, 05:28 PM
We should trade our next three number 1 picks for Luck. And throw in our defensive front seven while we at it. Luck is surely worth that much.

Why stop there. Just trade the whole team for him. It's not like it's a team game or anything like that.

powda
05-15-2014, 09:03 PM
Vote keenum for class president!

Uncle Rico
05-15-2014, 09:12 PM
Matt Schaub is like 13th all time in completion percentage and 8 or 9th in passer rating ... just sayin'.

Texanmike02
05-15-2014, 09:23 PM

The Broncos have Elway
The Saints have Brees
The Eagles have McNabb.
The Bengals have Boomer
The Lions have Stafford
The dolphins have Marino
The Jets have Joe Cool

Joe Cool played broadway?

Mike

ObsiWan
05-15-2014, 09:31 PM
Joe Cool played broadway?

Mike

saw that too, decided to let it go
:handshake:

drs23
05-16-2014, 12:10 AM
Maybe we should be scouting male models. Sounds like they'd be what it takes to make this Lord Bill guy happy. Infatuated with players that look good is a tad creepy.

What gave it away? :kitten:

Vance87
05-16-2014, 12:12 AM

Is there a problem with that?

:foottap:

The Pencil Neck
05-16-2014, 01:18 AM

Well.

THAT explains a lot.

:kitten:

Hey. A lot of came from the HT.com boards. I did. About 6-7 years ago when the Mass Exodus happened because of the Smilie Jihad. I don't think I've been back to those old boards in 4-5 years or so.

ObsiWan
05-16-2014, 01:57 AM
Well.

THAT explains a lot.

Hey. A lot of came from the HT.com boards. I did. About 6-7 years ago when the Mass Exodus happened because of the Smilie Jihad. I don't think I've been back to those old boards in 4-5 years or so.
me too
and wow.... has it really been that long?

ArlingtonTexan
05-16-2014, 06:22 AM
Honestly, I think Matt Schuab perfectly signifies the legacy that the Texans have established in 12 years.

revan
05-16-2014, 07:30 AM

The Broncos have Elway
The Saints have Brees
The Eagles have McNabb.
The Bengals have Boomer
The Lions have Stafford
The dolphins have Marino
The Jets have Joe Cool

http://i.imgur.com/fHR06XW.gif

kingtexan
05-16-2014, 07:52 AM
Jake Delhomme ...

michaelm
05-16-2014, 09:02 AM
Apparently the OP doesn't remember Rosencopter.

HOU-TEX
05-16-2014, 09:03 AM

95% of the time = Yes
5% of the time = No

Up to y'all to change the percentages.

JK, kinda

:tiphat:

xtruroyaltyx
05-16-2014, 09:43 AM
Well.

THAT explains a lot.

Almost everyone was on that board at some point...
There's really only a few that weren't...

BlueSteel
05-18-2014, 01:07 AM
IDK but I really liked Sage rosenfels there were times were he looked straight badass I mean he would torch DEF

I felt the same way until I watched the Rosencopter. I felt the air suck out of the stadium that day and that was the hardest Texans loss I have experienced yet.

Those memories will be worth it when this team wins the Super Bowl though.

Playoffs
05-18-2014, 09:31 AM
...About 6-7 years ago when the Mass Exodus happened because of the Smilie Jihad. I don't think I've been back to those old boards in 4-5 years or so.Okay, I have to ask.... smilie jihad?

Almost everyone was on that board at some point...
Not me. TTalk is the first/only Houston sports forum I've registered on. The choice was obvious to me at the time.

fiasco west
05-18-2014, 10:24 AM
Well we've had two long term QBs...

Carr and Schaub...so we haven't been around for long.

We don't even have a HOF player either. Soon it will be 15 years though.

The Pencil Neck
05-18-2014, 12:02 PM
Okay, I have to ask.... smilie jihad?

The board you see around you, with all the cool smilies, was the HT.com forum and the Texan's Talk forum was another, different forum.

HT.com, in an effort to upgrade and make things better, changed the software they used. One of the reasons to do that was to better integrate the forums with HT.com.

But the new forum software was terrible. It was slow, it frequently dropped posts as you were posting them, it hung up at times, it was difficult to use, it looked ugly and you couldn't change to a better theme, iirc all the old threads were lost AND we lost all our smilies.

We all complained and complained and complained. The HT.com staff tried to be helpful but their hands were pretty much tied. And in some cases, they pooh-poohed our list of grievances and kinda focused in on the whole lack of smilies thing... which was really irritating.

And then the heavens parted and someone, somewhere had a brilliant idea. (I'm pretty sure it was Hook'em.) Since Texan's Talk used vBulletin and the old HT Forums were in vBulletin, why not just migrate the old board and all the old threads AND THE DAMNED SMILIES over to Texan's Talk.

And when that was done, almost all of us from the HT board migrated over to Texan's Talk, a few of us remaining behind to point the way, but many of us never to return.

At least, that's the way I remember it.

AngryNateFTW
05-18-2014, 12:15 PM

Not saying he's not trolling but "Lord Bills" is a character in Dragon Ball Z. (Cartoon show turned into a movie)

WTF is that avatar he has, an Egyptian Bat?

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/imiryMHYPB0/hqdefault.jpg

I found it. :D

Playoffs
05-18-2014, 12:18 PM
The board you see around you, with all the cool smilies, was the HT.com forum and the Texan's Talk forum was another, different forum.

HT.com, in an effort to upgrade and make things better, changed the software they used. One of the reasons to do that was to better integrate the forums with HT.com.

But the new forum software was terrible. It was slow, it frequently dropped posts as you were posting them, it hung up at times, it was difficult to use, it looked ugly and you couldn't change to a better theme, iirc all the old threads were lost AND we lost all our smilies.

We all complained and complained and complained. The HT.com staff tried to be helpful but their hands were pretty much tied. And in some cases, they pooh-poohed our list of grievances and kinda focused in on the whole lack of smilies thing... which was really irritating.

And then the heavens parted and someone, somewhere had a brilliant idea. (I'm pretty sure it was Hook'em.) Since Texan's Talk used vBulletin and the old HT Forums were in vBulletin, why not just migrate the old board and all the old threads AND THE DAMNED SMILIES over to Texan's Talk.

And when that was done, almost all of us from the HT board migrated over to Texan's Talk, a few of us remaining behind to point the way, but many of us never to return.

Wow. Who knew? Thanks.

michaelm
05-20-2014, 09:16 AM

It was Vinny. I believe he was a mod on the official forum before they stopped using VBulliten. I talked to him at the time because I was thinking of starting my own Texans MB, but I didn't have enough experience to pull it off, and also I was using a different software than VBulliten as well. I'm still amazed that the official site allowed Vinny to migrate all the history and users to TT. Of course, Hook 'Em was involved as well, since he was the owner of TT at the time and had to agree to the migration.
I wasn't a member here at TT until the migration. I have not been to the official board in 5 years or more.

infantrycak
05-20-2014, 11:33 AM
It was Vinny. I believe he was a mod on the official forum before they stopped using VBulliten. I talked to him at the time because I was thinking of starting my own Texans MB, but I didn't have enough experience to pull it off, and also I was using a different software than VBulliten as well. I'm still amazed that the official site allowed Vinny to migrate all the history and users to TT. Of course, Hook 'Em was involved as well, since he was the owner of TT at the time and had to agree to the migration.
I wasn't a member here at TT until the migration. I have not been to the official board in 5 years or more.

Vinny was the admin. Most of the mods here were the mod crew over there. History and crew came wholesale together. Vinny called me up the day the Texans let him have the history of the MB and we couldn't believe how stupid they were although that was par for the course for their website/MB decisions at the time. Some of us tried moderating both MBs but the Texans grew increasingly unresponsive so the place slid into a romper room and we quit. Don't know too much of what has happened since although I know some of the stories of first violation bannings are false, but we let folks start again fresh here.

HOU-TEX
05-20-2014, 11:51 AM
Vinny was the admin. Most of the mods here were the mod crew over there. History and crew came wholesale together. Vinny called me up the day the Texans let him have the history of the MB and we couldn't believe how stupid they were although that was par for the course for their website/MB decisions at the time. Some of us tried moderating both MBs but the Texans grew increasingly unresponsive so the place slid into a romper room and we quit. Don't know too much of what has happened since although I know some of the stories of first violation bannings are false, but we let folks start again fresh here.

Kind of a different issue, but HT.com as a whole has been kind of disappointing the past couple years.

They don't keep up with interview transcripts like they used to. Like the revent rookie camp. They have the transcript from day 1 and that's it. I know the media couldn't do much the 3rd day, but nothing on the 2nd.

Double Barrel
05-20-2014, 12:04 PM
Kind of a different issue, but HT.com as a whole has been kind of disappointing the past couple years.

They don't keep up with interview transcripts like they used to. Like the revent rookie camp. They have the transcript from day 1 and that's it. I know the media couldn't do much the 3rd day, but nothing on the 2nd.

The truth is that the corporate structure of Houston Texans, Inc. could give a rat's ass about something like a fan-driven message board and the community around it.

The attitude of the corporate overlords at the time was being sold on a rather bland and stupid "one size fits all" solution to website, forum and e-mails. Other teams were doing it, so they decided that they knew what was best and gave us the big middle finger.

The fact that they were (and still are) completely oblivious to the craphole that the official board has devolved into should give us a clue into their mentality. They should be ASHAMED that they host that particular forum on houstontexans.com, but as long as they are making money hand over fist, none of it really seems to matter.

Thank god for Texans Talk, Hookem, Vinny, Khari, and the original members that kept Texans Talk alive for many years before the merger.

ObsiWan
05-20-2014, 12:45 PM
The truth is that the corporate structure of Houston Texans, Inc. could give a rat's ass about something like a fan-driven message board and the community around it.

The attitude of the corporate overlords at the time was being sold on a rather bland and stupid "one size fits all" solution to website, forum and e-mails. Other teams were doing it, so they decided that they knew what was best and gave us the big middle finger.

The fact that they were (and still are) completely oblivious to the craphole that the official board has devolved into should give us a clue into their mentality. They should be ASHAMED that they host that particular forum on houstontexans.com, but as long as they are making money hand over fist, none of it really seems to matter.

Thank god for Texans Talk, Hookem, Vinny, Khari, and the original members that kept Texans Talk alive for many years before the merger.
Amen to that!!

HOU-TEX
05-20-2014, 01:57 PM

Da troof!!

Lord Bills
05-20-2014, 02:26 PM
forums that are overly moderated will eventually suck and die.

you have to give people a chance to express their fandom and not attack them for having a differing opinion.

main board carried itself like a stuck up nun who wagged their finger at any controversial post.

for a state that prides itself on being so full of freedom loving patriots and upholding the constitutions, its ironic seeing football message boards moderators acting like complete despotic d*ckheads.

at the end of the day, american football and message boards are a form of entertainment.

the second you start to act like its more important than that and start waving your moderator status and going on power trips harassing posters you dont like and abusing your power, your message board will lose members.

texan natives in general love to talk a good game about freedom and individual rights but when it comes to the actual act of living that mantra day to day, they act like communist trying to silence opposing opinions.

practice what you preach.

michaelm
05-20-2014, 02:39 PM

you have to give people a chance to express their fandom and not attack them for having a differing opinion.

main board carried itself like a stuck up nun who wagged their finger at any controversial post.

for a state that prides itself on being so full of freedom loving patriots and upholding the constitutions, its ironic seeing football message boards moderators acting like complete despotic d*ckheads.

at the end of the day, american football and message boards are a form of entertainment.

the second you start to act like its more important than that and start waving your moderator status and going on power trips harassing posters you dont like and abusing your power, your message board will lose members.

texan natives in general love to talk a good game about freedom and individual rights but when it comes to the actual act of living that mantra day to day, they act like communist trying to silence opposing opinions.

Sorry, for me, this never gets old...

http://sportsmockery.com/messageboard/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/royreidcaescalatedquickly-13990908098gnk4.gif

infantrycak
05-20-2014, 04:27 PM

IM BORN AND RAISED IN HOUSTON.

Hmmmm.

DBCooper
05-20-2014, 04:35 PM
Hmmmm.

Ask him anything Houston cak.

I bet he knows where Jackrabbit road is.

Showtime100
05-20-2014, 04:46 PM

Rep here if you weren't brilliant in another recent post. :D

This is just opinion and not a blatant attack on ht.com, but when I go there I wonder if the powers that be didn't check out MLB.com messageboards and use that for a model.....lol. Of course, I mean after ht.com devolved. Just punch up astros.com and go to messageboards (if you can find it). That board looks identical to all the other team boards from the mlb.com hub. MLB sees it as a no-money-in-it waste of their time, I'm sure.

You ever play golf at a nice Country Club a few times and then take your game to Memorial Park golf course*? This place is a nice Country Club with bells and whistles and everything. :fans:

*disclaimer - I haven't played Memorial Park since I moved 30 years ago. It has changed, I'm sure.

drs23
05-20-2014, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills

Quote:

Hmmmm.

Hmmmm...seconded. :thinking:

ObsiWan
05-20-2014, 05:42 PM
Rep here if you weren't brilliant in another recent post. :D

This is just opinion and not a blatant attack on ht.com, but when I go there I wonder if the powers that be didn't check out MLB.com messageboards and use that for a model.....lol. Of course, I mean after ht.com devolved. Just punch up astros.com and go to messageboards (if you can find it). That board looks identical to all the other team boards from the mlb.com hub. MLB sees it as a no-money-in-it waste of their time, I'm sure.

You ever play golf at a nice Country Club a few times and then take your game to Memorial Park golf course*? This place is a nice Country Club with bells and whistles and everything. :fans:

*disclaimer - I haven't played Memorial Park since I moved 30 years ago. It has changed, I'm sure.
for the record, Memorial Park is a really, really nice public course. It's had a makeover within the past few years (not sure exactly when but less than 8-10 I think) and is in really good shape. The fairways are nicely groomed and the greens are very well kept; as well as some of the ones I played in Palm Springs. Now the amenities aren't as plush as big buck, courses but then again it doesn't cost ya $8-10 for a cocktail or a beer either.

thunderkyss
05-20-2014, 07:43 PM

The only thing that really irk'd me was when they gave us all eMail addresses, then cancelled the service.

I had an @imatexan email with my name & thought it was the coolest. Gave it out to everybody, told them that was going to be my email, & now, I've got a goofy @yahoo, or @gmail

@imatexan was too cool.

thunderkyss
05-20-2014, 07:45 PM
Quote:

Quote:
I'M BORN AND RAISED IN HOUSTON.

damn commie bastid

Lord Bills
05-20-2014, 08:12 PM
Hmmmm.

Ask him anything Houston cak.

I bet he knows where Jackrabbit road is.

Quote:

Quote:

I dont get it.

Arent there other cities in texas that would have native texans?

They = dallas, san antonio, el paso, brownsville, vidor (where infantry is from)???

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.........

:mariopalm::kubepalm::wadepalm::vincepalm:

Txn_in_Oki
05-20-2014, 10:02 PM
I dont get it.

See... you said that Texan natives talked a good game but were really communists repressing free speech.

You then said that you were "Born and Raised" in Houston which would make you a native Texan, which would therefore mean...

ArlingtonTexan
05-21-2014, 12:14 AM

You understand that private organizations have the right and probably the responsibility to limit speech for their own interests. Your employer or you as possible employer do not allow the workers for your company to say and do anything that they want. Government is the only place where free speech is not limited (at least legally). Everywhere else it controlled by the agreement the parties have between each other.

What you actually want is the right to be a jackwagon (nicest word) and not be called out for or held accountable for it.

Lord Bills
05-21-2014, 10:04 AM
See... you said that Texan natives talked a good game but were really communists repressing free speech.

You then said that you were "Born and Raised" in Houston which would make you a native Texan, which would therefore mean...

sigh people with poor reading comprehension skills trying to save their dumb putdowns....

i am born and raised in houston texas. when i was talking about free speech and loving freedom and individual rights i was talking about the whole state of texas HENCE TEXAN NATIVES. Its the whole spirit and mentality of the state NOT JUST HOUSTONIANS of having less government in their lives (tea party people) which in turn i used as an example about over moderating football message boards of a houston football team.

get it together.

Lord Bills
05-21-2014, 10:10 AM
You understand that private organizations have the right and probably the responsibility to limit speech for their own interests. Your employer or you as possible employer do not allow the workers for your company to say and do anything that they want. Government is the only place where free speech is not limited (at least legally). Everywhere else it controlled by the agreement the parties have between each other.

What you actually want is the right to be a jackwagon (nicest word) and not be called out for or held accountable for it.

i dont disagree with any of that except for your assumption of me wanting to be a jackwagon with no consequence or accountability.

you're equating being a jackwagon to non homer posters like myself who dont eat up anything the players or organization says as gospel and criticize the texans. i have never broken any rules. i have never cursed, never posted porn, never became racist. all ive done is give my opinion on texan football and i get personally attacked and if defend myself im the one that gets reprimanded and the posters who started the personal attacks are left off scott free and since im new and came in a 2-14 season of course my posts are gonna be critical of the texans.

your entire post is full of inaccuracies and false equivalencies.

Nitrofish
05-21-2014, 11:03 AM

Yea he also went on to say something about successful QB's having strong last names which led into a Schaub criticism.

Which one of you has Lord Bills quote about being better looking and more successful than you as their sig?

DBCooper
05-21-2014, 11:59 AM
Yea he also went on to say something about successful QB's having strong last names which led into a Schaub criticism.

Which one of you has Lord Bills quote about being better looking and more successful than you as their sig?

Papal or Brakos, I get them confused.

Double Barrel
05-21-2014, 12:00 PM

I'm sure you think this forum is "overly moderated", but yet, its 10 year history basically proves you completely wrong.

The only way that a forum can stay healthy is with active moderators that care about the forum and it's members.

That trolls get butthurt because they cannot troll is not in any form an objective argument against a moderated forum.

TexansTalk.com will most likely be here in another 10 years. Will you?

DBCooper
05-21-2014, 12:02 PM
I'm sure you think this forum is "overly moderated", but yet, its 10 year history basically proves you completely wrong.

The only way that a forum can stay healthy is with active moderators that care about the forum and it's members.

That trolls get butthurt because they cannot troll is not in any form an objective argument against a moderated forum.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/120/955/butthurt.jpg

Double Barrel
05-21-2014, 12:08 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/82/827ac127e635168ef75ed432f05c761c2882d01e44ec0215c7 6fe6f0898a842f.jpg

eriadoc
05-21-2014, 12:21 PM
sigh people with poor reading comprehension skills trying to save their dumb putdowns....

i am born and raised in houston texas. when i was talking about free speech and loving freedom and individual rights i was talking about the whole state of texas HENCE TEXAN NATIVES. Its the whole spirit and mentality of the state NOT JUST HOUSTONIANS of having less government in their lives (tea party people) which in turn i used as an example about over moderating football message boards of a houston football team.

get it together.

Hmm, so you do know how to type capital letters after all. That just leaves one explanation for the rest of your post and the beginning of every sentence.

Playoffs
05-21-2014, 12:27 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/darth-vader/the-butthurt-is-strong-with-this-one.jpg

Lord Bills
05-21-2014, 12:51 PM

how can you be sure that i think this forum is overly moderated when i was clearly talking about the texan main board?

people are too quick to label anybody a troll when they dont have the mental capacity to have a decent exchange of differing opinion hence they try to discredit the poster as a troll.

i like texan talk because its not overly moderated unlike the main board.

anybody with a modicum of perceptual ability can see that in that post but everybody is too anxious to get in on bashing me to see it.

NCTexan
05-21-2014, 12:54 PM
how can you be sure that i think this forum is overly moderated when i was clearly talking about the texan main board?

people are too quick to label anybody a troll when they dont have the mental capacity to have a decent exchange of differing opinion hence they try to discredit the poster as a troll.

anybody with a modicum of perceptual ability can see that in that post but everybody is too anxious to get in on bashing me to see it.

Not to get this off topic (but seeing as it already is), would you mind responding to my post in the Nix thread? I'm really interested in your break down so others of us can watch the exact same plays to see what you see.

Lord Bills
05-21-2014, 01:00 PM
Not to get this off topic (but seeing as it already is), would you mind responding to my post in the Nix thread? I'm really interested in your break down so others of us can watch the exact same plays to see what you see.

ive said what i needed to say about nix.

just remember our conversation when people are blasting nix for being even less effective than okoye.

eriadoc
05-21-2014, 01:02 PM

Frankly, bashing on you has way more entertainment value than whatever drivel you wanted to blabber on about with this thread, especially since it's changed topic a few times. The board will move on to whatever next target of opportunity makes him/herself available. Of course, that may be you, given your post history. :)

Lord Bills
05-21-2014, 01:02 PM
Hmm, so you do know how to type capital letters after all. That just leaves one explanation for the rest of your post and the beginning of every sentence.

i could tear apart this weak, limp, and lame attempt to bait me but i wont.

it seems defending myself will get me in trouble while people can attack me and get praised including moderators jumping in.

Double Barrel
05-21-2014, 01:13 PM

Well, if I misconstrued your point, then I apologize. I'm not here to pile on you or anyone else.

The post I was responding to seemed to generalize, and from those generalizations, I took it that you were also talking about Texans Talk (especially when you basically called out all Texans). That I feel the need to defend TT.com is what it is and I won't be sorry for it, but I did not mean to assume anything in your post for being more than what it was.

I try to have a modicum of perceptual ability...'cept for Wednesdays. :fingergun:

eriadoc
05-21-2014, 01:30 PM
i could tear apart this weak, limp, and lame attempt to bait me but i wont.

:popcorn:

NCTexan
05-21-2014, 01:53 PM
ive said what i needed to say about nix.

just remember our conversation when people are blasting nix for being even less effective than okoye.

I just want to see what plays you are referring to specifically if you don't mind.

buddyboy
05-21-2014, 02:32 PM
i get personally attacked and if defend myself im the one that gets reprimanded and the posters who started the personal attacks are left off scott free and since im new and came in a 2-14 season of course my posts are gonna be critical of the texans.

Posts like this are why you rub people the wrong way. If someone's opinion differs from your own self-declared "non-homer" truth, they're homers who eat up what the team and players have to say and apparently "lack mental capacity".

On the other hand, when someone disagrees with your opinion, they're attacking you personally.

And how can we forget gems like this?

yea keep believing everything you read.

Because if its in the newspaper or the internet it must be true right?

http://www.marketingpilgrim.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/state-farm-french-model.jpg

btw, im a pharmacy major and i own my own compounding comany.

I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.

:swatter:

You POST RANDOM words in capital bold in AN EFFORT to make YOUR ARGUMENT more COMPELLING.

Take that as a "personal attack" or not, I'm just saying :specnatz:

DBCooper
05-21-2014, 03:34 PM

If you didn't post like a troll, people would not get that impression.

There are multi-levels of different opinions on this board that are dealt with everyday and those posters are not considered trolls.

You may want to ask yourself why YOU are.

thunderkyss
05-21-2014, 08:01 PM
We need the mods to change the title of this thread to "Feed the troll" & move it to the entertainment section.

ObsiWan
05-22-2014, 12:56 AM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/82/827ac127e635168ef75ed432f05c761c2882d01e44ec0215c7 6fe6f0898a842f.jpg

Spread more rep, I must.

revan
05-22-2014, 05:35 AM
http://media3.giphy.com/media/5R4HG6wUUFh6g/giphy.gif

Blake
05-22-2014, 10:26 AM
Why do people use the phrase "butthurt" so much on this board? To me you sound really childish and immature when you use it.

Double Barrel
05-22-2014, 11:34 AM
Why do people use the phrase "butthurt" so much on this board? To me you sound really childish and immature when you use it.

The angry feminist agrees with you:

Can We Please Stop Using the Term “Butthurt”? (http://persephonemagazine.com/2013/01/can-we-please-stop-using-the-term-butthurt/)

:joker:

Vance87
05-22-2014, 01:12 PM

Can We Please Stop Using the Term “Butthurt”? (http://persephonemagazine.com/2013/01/can-we-please-stop-using-the-term-butthurt/)

U butthurt, feminist?

:specnatz:

DBCooper
05-22-2014, 01:24 PM

He he he he he you said butthurt!

HTown2ATX
05-22-2014, 01:30 PM
I agree with the premise of the thread that so far we haven't had a QB worth a damn yet. That's undeniable. Yay! Schaub took us to 2 playoff "runs" (if you can consider wining one game each try a "run" and yes I know he was out the first "run" but he contributed until injury) before he revealed his self soiling ways....fap fap fap

Truth is Carr and Schaub sucked ballz. /end

Savage is probably gonna suck ballz too honestly.

That said, awesome QB's don't come around every day and that list doesn't quite fit the Texans situation when you take into effect time the team has existed, when the QB's played, etc. Though I HATE using the "...only in the league 12 years" bullssshhhite. It's time to take the training diapers off our brains. No more expansion team mentality!

:htown2atx:

ObsiWan
05-22-2014, 04:14 PM
He he he he he you said butthurt!

The InterWeb Police require that you fill out this form if you wish to report a butthurt occurrence...

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/060/713/butthurt-form.jpg

DBCooper
05-22-2014, 05:09 PM
The InterWeb Police require that you fill out this form if you wish to report a butthurt occurrence...

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/060/713/butthurt-form.jpg

Lol.

That's hilarious!

Thorn
05-23-2014, 10:21 PM
For unruly children and butthurt internet posters.

http://d12xzpun4kqsb2.cloudfront.net/gen/constrain/500/500/80/2012/09/24/19/en/f0/po7kcx794w26o.jpg?imageId=24278815

ObsiWan
05-24-2014, 09:35 AM

http://d12xzpun4kqsb2.cloudfront.net/gen/constrain/500/500/80/2012/09/24/19/en/f0/po7kcx794w26o.jpg?imageId=24278815

I used to accomplish the same thing with a spot of gin in the O.J. sippy cup.

drs23
05-24-2014, 10:59 AM

I used to accomplish the same thing with a spot of gin in the O.J. sippy cup.

Paregoric trumps gin. My parents we T-Totaller Church of Christers but they sure didn't mind curing what ails with a shot of paregoric. We were raised on that stuff. :turtle:

Lord Bills
05-24-2014, 02:02 PM
how ironic, buncha grown men talking about "butt hurt" when the mob mentality on this thread are the ones that are actually butt hurt stooping so low that they hijacked the thread instead of addressing it only they are too busy circle jerking each other to realize it.

its nice to see the "butt hurt" is strong just because i told the truth that we dont have a single franchise quarterback that could live on in nfl immortality that we could be proud of.

those of you who came into this thread attacking me instead of the subject at hand are the ones that are actually "butt hurt" using internet bullying as way to placate and rationalize our sad state as houston texan fans.

carry on.

DBCooper
05-24-2014, 03:07 PM
how ironic, buncha grown men talking about "butt hurt" when the mob mentality on this thread are the ones that are actually butt hurt stooping so low that they hijacked the thread instead of addressing it only they are too busy circle jerking each other to realize it.

its nice to see the "butt hurt" is strong just because i told the truth that we dont have a single franchise quarterback that could live on in nfl immortality that we could be proud of.

those of you who came into this thread attacking me instead of the subject at hand are the ones that are actually "butt hurt" using internet bullying as way to placate and rationalize our sad state as houston texan fans.

carry on.

We did address the fallacy of this thread in the first few posts, then you got all butthurt over it.......

Lord Bills
05-24-2014, 03:18 PM
We did address the fallacy of this thread in the first few posts, then you got all butthurt over it.......

soooooooo we do have a franchise qb that will live on in nfl immortality that carry our texan brand that we could be proud of?

who would that be? id like to know.

the only fallacy going on in this thread is the ad hominem fallacy of all the people here who attacked me instead of the message.

False Start
05-24-2014, 04:06 PM
This took a strange turn... :backsout:

DBCooper
05-24-2014, 04:38 PM
soooooooo we do have a franchise qb that will live on in nfl immortality that carry our texan brand that we could be proud of?

the only fallacy going on in this thread is the ad hominem fallacy of all the people here who attacked me instead of the message.

Ok, fallacy was the wrong word.

Let's go with...........puerile.

(Runner you should be proud!)

Lord Bills
05-24-2014, 04:42 PM
Ok, fallacy was the wrong word.

Let's go with...........puerile.

(Runner you should be proud!)

save your pedantic antics for your soon too come mid life crisis,

again i ask,

what franchise qb do we have that can carry the texan brand into nfl immortality that we could be proud of?

ObsiWan
05-24-2014, 04:53 PM

Not every team has a "franchise qb that will live on in nfl immortality..."

The list you posted has some suspect entries - if the above phrase is your definition - and those were addressed early on.

And unless you think Texans history is finished, there's time to fill that void.
Right now, none of us know who will fill it but sooner or later someone will emerge.

Whining about it won't change anything.

DBCooper
05-24-2014, 05:48 PM
save your pedantic antics for your soon too come mid life crisis,

again i ask,

what franchise qb do we have that can carry the texan brand into nfl immortality that we could be proud of?

I don't get the whole point of the thread.

Because we didn't draft a QB number 1?

Did any of the QB's in this draft live up to your definition?

Hardly.

And my midlife crisis (definitely the wrong word) will be an epic party!

Playoffs
05-24-2014, 06:36 PM
Whining about it won't change anything.

Not even if I TYPE IN ALL CAPS?

thunderkyss
05-24-2014, 06:51 PM

& you think JFF could have been that QB, right?

Nitrofish
05-25-2014, 06:42 AM
http://media3.giphy.com/media/5R4HG6wUUFh6g/giphy.gif

If English Football, or Soccer if you prefer, had more moments like this in it, I would watch. Personally I would like to see it played more like Hockey is. All those yellow cards for touching someone, or someone flopping is annoying.

I'm sadistic... I know, I know. :kitten:

Yea cuz nothing makes me feel like going out and performing anal rape on some angry feminist like seeing the overused term online. I think I need a tissue. I'm feeling verklempt. :cry:

I laughed so hard at some of the comments below the article. In particular this one.

Sounds like somebody’s butt hurt about being called butt hurt. But it’s true, there should be a little more creativity. Sounds like somebody is butt mad, sphincter shocked, colon corrupted, bottom bruised, anus aggravated, anal agitated, ass affronted, and quite possibly rectal ravaged.

I move that we adopt the above in bold in all future posts. Is there a second?

U butthurt, feminist?

:specnatz:

More of your lessons on manners?

thunderkyss
05-25-2014, 07:10 AM
If English Football, or Soccer if you prefer, had more moments like this in it, I would watch. Personally I would like to see it played more like Hockey is. All those yellow cards for touching someone, or someone flopping is annoying.

They should mark off an area around the goal where the goalee is forbidden to occupy unless the ball is pas a certain mark. Hopefully this will increase the number of long range shots on goal & push the score up.

Yea cuz nothing makes me feel like going out and performing anal rape on some angry feminist like seeing the overused term online.

:thinking:

ObsiWan
05-25-2014, 08:24 AM
Not even if I TYPE IN ALL CAPS?
Nope.

...not even if you useIMPACT font.

:)

Goldensilence
05-25-2014, 02:13 PM
Is there a reason David Carr was purposely left off the list?!

Marshall
05-25-2014, 03:05 PM
I'm sorry. Every time I see this thread title I think that some chick on the make is complaining that all the QBs the Texans have ever had were married.

Marshall
05-25-2014, 03:10 PM
we've been in the game since 2002.

brah.

Wow! That long, Really?

I guess he never saw George Blanda QB the Oilers. Now THAT was a franchise QB.

ObsiWan
05-26-2014, 01:04 AM

The Broncos have Elway
The Saints have Brees
The Eagles have McNabb.
The Bengals have Boomer
The Lions have Stafford
The dolphins have Marino
The Jets have Joe Cool

Colts -
First 12 seasons: 1953 - '64.
First NFL championship: 1958. Back-to-back champs in '58/'59. Didn't win another championship until 1970. Lost to Broadway Joe (not "Joe Cool") and the Jets in SBIII (1968).
Stud QB: John Constantine Unitas*. Was signed off a semi-pro team after having been cut by the Pittsburgh Steelers. Peyton Manning*, Andrew Luck(?)

Niners -
First 12 seasons: 1950 - '61.
First NFL championship: 1981. Bill Walsh's 3rd season, Montana's first full season as the starter.
Stud QBs: Y.A. Tittle, John Brodie, Joe Montana*, Steve Young*, Alex Smith(?), C. Kaepernick (?)

Steelers -
First 12 Seasons: 1933 - 1946 (No data in 1943 & '44)
First NFL championship: 1974. Chuck Knoll's sixth year. Joe Gilliam, not Bradshaw, was the leading passer for Pittsburgh that year.
Stud QBs: Bobby Lane, Terry Bradshaw*, Neil O'Donnell, Roethlisberger*

Cowboys -
First 12 Seasons: 1960 - 1971.
First NFL championship: 1971. Tom's 12th season. Craig Morton & Roger Staubach split time @ QB but by playoff time Roger had taken over as starter.
Stud QBs: Don Meredith, Roger Staubach*, Troy Aikman*, Tony Romo(?)

Patriots -
First 12 Seasons: 1970 - 1981 (they were in AFL from 1960 thru 1969)
First NFL championship: 2001 (season of the "Tuck Rule" win)
Stud QBs: Jim Plunkett, Steve Grogan(?), Drew Bledsoe, Tom Brady*

Giants -
First 12 Seasons: 1925 - 1936. (only the Bears and Cardinals remain from way back then; yes, those Cardinals. They were in Chicago back then)
First NFL championship: 1927. They won it again in 1934 & '38. Next championship was in '56 with Frank Gifford and Charley Conerly.
Stud QBs: Charley Conerly*, Y.A. Tittle (hey, he took them to 3 straight championship games), Phil Simms*, Eli Manning*

Eagles -
First 12 Seasons: 1933 - 1944
First NFL Championship: 1948. Back-to-back champs in '48/49. None since Van Brocklin in 1960.
Stud QBs: Tommy Thompson*, Norm Van Brocklin*, Ron Jaworski, Randall Cunningham, Donavan McNabb.

* - QBs who actually won championships.

NFL history says it takes time to find your "franchise QB". It took the Niners 30+ years to find a championship QB. It took the Steelers over 40 years.
The early Colts with Unitas is the exception. And I wonder how different NFL history would be if he had remained with those early Steeler teams.

Our turn will come. Let's just hope we don't have to wait as long as the Steelers.

Double Barrel
05-26-2014, 07:05 PM
Yea cuz nothing makes me feel like going out and performing anal rape on some angry feminist like seeing the overused term online. I think I need a tissue. I'm feeling verklempt. :cry:

I always thought 'butthurt' was about being virtually spanked and then whining about it, or even hemorrhoids, or perhaps a modern interpretation of "pain in the ass".

I never connected it with gay sex...until this thread.

I was right in my initial assumption, btw:

Origin (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/butthurt)

The term “butthurt” originates from spanking, the act of striking the buttocks of another person, which is often seen as a method of punishing a child.

(There is even an example of its first recorded online usage)

So for those of y'all that immediately think violent gay sex when you hear the term "butthurt"; just a suggestion, get over it.

carry on.

You started a Captain Obvious thread. What, did you expect it to be a bandwagon movement for everyone to get upset about the short history of the Houston Texans?

It doesn't take mob mentality for folks to realize that we have not had a Hall of Fame QB in the first dozen years of this franchise. Without the circle jerk, your little thread would have already died over a week ago.

I figured that you'd appreciate all the cheese we brought to your little whine party.

Nitrofish
05-26-2014, 07:29 PM
I always thought 'butthurt' was about being virtually spanked and then whining about it, or even hemorrhoids, or perhaps a modern interpretation of "pain in the ass".

I never connected it with gay sex...until this thread.

I was right in my initial assumption, btw:

Origin (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/butthurt)

The term “butthurt” originates from spanking, the act of striking the buttocks of another person, which is often seen as a method of punishing a child.

(There is even an example of its first recorded online usage)

So for those of y'all that immediately think violent gay sex when you hear the term "butthurt"; just a suggestion, get over it.

I assume you are not directing this at me. I was sarcastically replying to the angry feminist article you posted that asserted the term conjures visions of violent anal penetration and therefore it should stop being used.

Double Barrel
05-27-2014, 11:31 AM
I assume you are not directing this at me. I was sarcastically replying to the angry feminist article you posted that asserted the term conjures visions of violent anal penetration and therefore it should stop being used.

Of course not directed at you, man. I was just piggy-backing your post to comment on the term "butthurt", because that's the most interesting conversation in this thread. ;)

Thorn
05-27-2014, 11:58 AM
Can We Please Stop Using the Term “Butthurt”?

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/cd/b5/cdb5379ae92c117295b32c76f6eece53.jpg?itok=vIYhW_j0

Playoffs
05-27-2014, 12:06 PM
IMG

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn84/gempix/Butthurt_salve-1.png

Honoring Earl 34
05-27-2014, 12:10 PM
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn84/gempix/Butthurt_salve-1.png

Wow ... does it come in a 55 gallon drum ?