PDA

View Full Version : Texans game plan after draft?

badboy
05-09-2014, 11:23 PM
No QB thru 3 so... a huge LG to solidify left side and protect our starting QB (Fitz?) and give Foster a better line. Quessenberry probably to RT and alongside Brooks and Fiedo does same to the right side. Do not need a great QB.

Looks to me like O'Brien will have a ball control offense but still maintain AJ and Nuk to stretch field. This could keep defense off field and with the addition of Clowney and NT Chocolate keep the other offense from putting points up. I'm thinking we see close low scoring games but not a Kubiak "play to remain close and hope we pull it out in fourth quarter."

Saturday's 4-7 will be more interesting to me than recent drafts, so far I am very pleased. ILBs Smallwood, Skov and Andrew Jackson there still.

Scooter
05-09-2014, 11:56 PM
i think the game plan is exactly as some reporters have said - o'brien wants to get bigger and more physical. o'brien also prefers to build from the inside out, and he's doing that in spades. this team is rounding into a lot of the early/mid 2000's patriots. the team that had vrabel, bruschi, seymore, wilfork and mcginnest. we're adding similar pieces and getting just as beefy on offense. andre outside with fido at tightend, and a pretty stout offensive line.

badboy
05-10-2014, 12:55 AM
And we still have 6 more picks. Hart and Smallwood in 6th would be nice. Carrethers and Andrew Jackson in 7th.

Wolf6151
05-10-2014, 01:23 AM
I also like the way this draft is going and believe this is the way this team should have been built 12 yrs. ago from the inside out. I'd like to see us go after Kelvin Smith, Christian Jones, Deandre Coleman, Brent Urban.

mussop
05-10-2014, 02:00 AM
I also like the way this draft is going and believe this is the way this team should have been built 12 yrs. ago from the inside out. I'd like to see us go after Kelvin Smith, Christian Jones, Deandre Coleman, Brent Urban.

hell yeh!!

Does anyone think Suafilo could play RT???

Wolf6151
05-10-2014, 05:13 AM
hell yeh!!

I think it's possible but not probable. Su'a Filo will be our LG for the next 10+ yrs.. I think he can play some LT in a pinch if Brown were to get hurt though.

badboy
05-10-2014, 01:35 PM
hell yeh!!

I agree with Wolfe he is a LG for years and why not project Quess to RT. My thought is if Texans think Nix will be healthy enough to start, maybe Williams will be alright. Different injuries but crossing my toes.