PDA

View Full Version : Agent vs. Club: Texans star DE J.J. Watt's mock negotiation, Part I

Double Barrel
04-25-2014, 04:25 PM
Agent vs. Club: Texans star DE J.J. Watt's mock negotiation, Part I

Former NFL agent Joel Corry and former New York Jets Director of Football Administration Ari Nissim are going to give the NFP readers an in-depth perspective of how an actual contract negotiation between an Agent (Joel) and the Club (Ari) takes place in the NFL. Although condensed, Joel and Ari are attempting to take readers through a player contract negotiation from beginning to possible conclusion in weekly segments. Whether they can reach an agreement on the hypothetical contract extension is not known by anyone at this point. The player Joel and Ari will be negotiating over is Houston Texans pass rusher J.J. Watt, the 11th overall draft selection from the 2011 NFL draft.

Let the negotiations beginů

Rest of article (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/agent-vs-club-j-j-110051014--nfl.html)

Interesting read, and I thought some of y'all might enjoy it, as well. :howdy:

drs23
04-25-2014, 07:35 PM
Interesting read, and I thought some of y'all might enjoy it, as well. :howdy:

DB that was rep worthy but alas...

The Pencil Neck
04-25-2014, 07:38 PM
DB that was rep worthy but alas...

Got him for you.

kiwitexansfan
04-26-2014, 03:26 PM
I wonder if these guys actually talk like this in negotiations.

In regards to that initial offer, that is insulting.

DocBar
04-26-2014, 05:08 PM

In regards to that initial offer, that is insulting.And the ensuing counteroffer will be obscene!!:mcnugget:

drs23
04-26-2014, 05:13 PM
Got him for you.

Thanks TPN.

EllisUnit
04-28-2014, 02:12 AM
Me "JJ we want to resign you, but heres the deal"

Watt "Ok i'm listening"

Me "First off we cut the entire D-Line, since the rest of the guys did nothing last season anyways"

Watt "Yeah thats reasonable"

Me "So we will now start running a 1-5, and in return we will pay you 1 gazillion dollars for 10 years"

Watt "Hell yeah sounds good.....Wait What.....Is that even a number"

Me "Watt i am Rick smith, you know that i know that you know that i know what i'm talking about"

Watt "Wont that hurt our cap numbers just a tad"

Me "Cap numbers, hell no we have plenty of ball caps made over seas by little kids working for .05 a day, trust me kid i know what i'm doing"

THE END

ensign_lee
05-06-2014, 09:18 AM

In regards to that initial offer, that is insulting.

$70M, with $12M guaranteed is insulting? Lower than JJ's value on the free market, but I don't think it's insulting.

Troy Chapman
05-06-2014, 11:27 AM
Part II
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Agent-vs-Club-JJ-Watt-mock-negotiation-Part-II.html

Part III
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Agent-vs-Club-JJ-Watt-mock-negotiation-Part-III.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Great read so far. Still 20 million apart in guaranteed money.