PDA

View Full Version : Sanchez

blitz90
03-17-2014, 02:47 PM
Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet
When Texans make their move with Matt Schaub (cut or trade), expect them to have interest in Jets QB Mark Sanchez if/when hes released

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma4urypjqc1rqy3o5o1_500.gif

DX-TEX
03-17-2014, 02:50 PM
EVERY QB free agent or rumored to be cut has been attached to the Texans.

Vance87
03-17-2014, 02:53 PM

I believe there's a rumor that Fran Tarkenton has been in contact w/ Texans...:kitten:

Texaninlild
03-17-2014, 03:03 PM
Are we talking Butt Fumble Dirty Sanchez? I think not-

ObsiWan
03-17-2014, 03:06 PM

I'm losing what little respect I had for these bozos with every danged tweet.

From now on, I ain't believin' nuthin unless I hear it from this guy...

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFbCljOoqM_chJhtR1q9xwqBa9iWZAI yzhOCdXrX9FORGC2bTuhw

Now he keeps it REAL!!

Playoffs
03-17-2014, 03:07 PM
If the Cowboys can sign Weeden we can ink the Sanchise. :kitten:

Hervoyel
03-17-2014, 03:18 PM
If the Cowboys can sign Weeden we can ink the Sanchise. :kitten:

Disturbing but true.

TEXANRED
03-17-2014, 03:19 PM
What? Hell no.

MistaRed
03-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Might as well keep schaub

paycheck71
03-17-2014, 03:40 PM
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/vzglot.gif

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/sanchez21.gif

No, thank you.

03-17-2014, 03:45 PM
. . .

htownfan32
03-17-2014, 03:50 PM
Am I the only one who found the first gif much funnier than the buttfumble one?

drs23
03-17-2014, 03:55 PM

No. You're not.

Marshall
03-17-2014, 04:00 PM

Been saying that a while. But not at the current pay scale.

markn
03-17-2014, 04:20 PM

Definitely not

Corrosion
03-17-2014, 04:37 PM

Schaub hasn't been to two AFC championship games and has injury questions.

I'm not all that keen on Sanchez being a Texan ..... but I do think its at an improvement over a physically broken Schaub.

Sanchez could end up being a decent signing , he's proven before that he can be an offensive "caretaker" who limited turnovers & mistakes while letting the defense & running game do the heavy lifting .... all the way to two consecutive AFC Championship games.

Buttfumble and all , he's likely better than any option available via FA , man this is a crappy FA class .....

Cant believe I just typed this post .... :smiliepalm:

bah007
03-17-2014, 04:40 PM
Schaub hasn't been to two AFC championship games and has injury questions.

I'm not all that keen on Sanchez being a Texan ..... but I do think its at an improvement over a physically broken Schaub.

Sanchez could end up being a decent signing , he's proven before that he can be an offensive "caretaker" who limited turnovers & mistakes while letting the defense & running game do the heavy lifting .... all the way to two consecutive AFC Championship games.

Buttfumble and all , he's likely better than any option available via FA , man this is a crappy FA class .....

Cant believe I just typed this post .... :smiliepalm:

Has it really come to this? :gun:

I don't see Schaub playing another game at Reliant as a Texan.

Sign Sanchez to a front loaded two year deal. Draft a QB in the first three rounds. Kick Sanchez to the curb after this season or let him walk after next season. Insert drafted QB as starter.

The1ApplePie
03-17-2014, 04:41 PM
Sanchez would be a good placeholder until the rookie is ready, and could be a solid future backup, regardless of meme status.

Does have the talent to win some games if he has to.

Better than Keenum, Freeman, or whatever trash is left on the free agent market.

ObsiWan
03-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Nope.

ObsiWan
03-17-2014, 04:43 PM
Has it really come to this? :gun:

I don't see Schaub playing another game at Reliant as a Texan.

Sign Sanchez to a front loaded two year deal. Draft a QB in the first three rounds. Kick Sanchez to the curb after this season or let him walk after next season. Insert drafted QB as starter.

Yeah...
I'm afraid that's how deep the Schaub hate runs in some corners of the fanbase.

Double Barrel
03-17-2014, 05:06 PM
I'd rather see a rookie thrown to the wolves - trial by fire - than ever see Mark "GQ" Sanchez in a Texans uni. This reeks of desperation if true.

Topher
03-17-2014, 05:22 PM
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa180/billys-green-soup/Gifs/nope.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/billys-green-soup/media/Gifs/nope.gif.html)

Malloy
03-17-2014, 05:27 PM
I'd rather see a rookie thrown to the wolves - trial by fire - than ever see Mark "GQ" Sanchez in a Texans uni. This reeks of desperation if true.

My exact thoughts. I'll rather crash and burn with a rook at the helm than have Sanchez come to the Texans...

Grams
03-17-2014, 05:29 PM

Me too.

Thorn
03-17-2014, 05:52 PM
I don't believe for a second Sanchez will be a Texan.

ObsiWan
03-17-2014, 05:59 PM
I don't either.
I think some of these "pundits" are connecting every QB, living or dead, not currently under contract as someone "the Texans are considering." If they throw every possible name out there ONE of them has to be right.

Lucky
03-17-2014, 05:59 PM
Those rookie QBs don't look so bad now, do they?

ObsiWan
03-17-2014, 06:00 PM
Those rookie QBs don't look so bad now, do they?
No.

But I'd still rather go with Robinson
:D

Lucky
03-17-2014, 06:03 PM
Nothing's funnier than the buttfumble.

Been saying that a while.
If it makes you feel any better, you're still wrong.

Lucky
03-17-2014, 06:03 PM
No.

Can he play QB, too?

infantrycak
03-17-2014, 06:07 PM
http://i.qkme.me/352ndc.jpg#aww%20hell%20naw

thunderkyss
03-17-2014, 06:13 PM
Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet
When Texans make their move with Matt Schaub (cut or trade), expect them to have interest in Jets QB Mark Sanchez if/when he’s released

http://replygif.net/i/1020.gif

There's only one QB in the history of the game that my wife hates more than Sanchez.

Texian
03-17-2014, 06:14 PM

McNair is seeing visions of how many Sanchez jerseys he can sell.

PapaL
03-17-2014, 06:15 PM
Yup... we're rebuilding.

I think that's a "hell in a handbasket" scenario.

Playoffs
03-17-2014, 06:23 PM
This sounds like Ian RapStoryStealer being a mouthpiece for an agent, imo.

ObsiWan
03-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Can he play QB, too?
Probably as well as Sanchez...

House of Pain
03-17-2014, 06:40 PM
McNair is seeing visions of how many Sanchez jerseys he can sell.

Uhh...none?

Texanmike02
03-17-2014, 08:09 PM
Sanchez would only be a confidence builder for a rookie. The guy is a hot steaming pile of garbage.

"Hey [insert rookie's name], dude you just beat out MAARK SANCHEZ! He's been to two AFC Championship games man! Yeah, he was the butt fumble guy and no, no other team wanted him to start for them but he went to USC! A school with a long line of NFL QBs like Matt Lineart, Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer... So yeah, it doesn't mean much but at least you didn't LOSE out to him."

OK. So its not a confidence builder. It just lets the rookie know that he's preferable to a hot steaming pile of garbage.

Keep him far, far away. Don't sign anybody. If you're going to do that then roll with Yates, let him hold the clip board. Like it or not, he has some starting experience and he's an outstanding backup QB. He can offer pointers too. No need to spend $$ on Sanchez because if you're doing that you're announcing that you're working on the future anyway.

Mike

Texn4life
03-17-2014, 08:27 PM
My head is starting to hurt.

mussop
03-17-2014, 08:55 PM
No.

Well be ready for that rumor. It's just about time. We've been linked to everyone else. Just like it was just a matter of time before we were linked to Sanchez. I'm with you that id rather have Robinson.

Corrosion
03-17-2014, 09:33 PM

Remember the last time we threw a rookie QB to the wolves , it ruined him. He had happy feet and sacked himself for the rest of his career ....

Sure , Sanchez sucks .... but I'd rather send him out to get pummeled than a rookie.

We really have to realize that this coming season looks appears to be .... nothing but a building , cap clearing year where our coach and QB of the future gets a bit of on the job training.

thunderkyss
03-17-2014, 09:43 PM
Well be ready for that rumor. It's just about time. We've been linked to everyone else. Just like it was just a matter of time before we were linked to Sanchez. I'm with you that id rather have Robinson.

Well... with Robinson, Brown, & Brooks on our line, that can give us the kind of rushing attack that propelled Sanchez to the AFC Championship game...

:kitten:

twice.

thunderkyss
03-17-2014, 09:47 PM
Sure , Sanchez sucks .... but I'd rather send him out to get pummeled than a rookie.

We really have to realize that this coming season looks appears to be .... nothing but a building , cap clearing year where our coach and QB of the future gets a bit of on the job training.

If we're just sending tackling dummies out there, we don't need to sign a new QB, we've got that right here already...... cheap too in Yates & Keenum. They'll give us just as much of a chance to win as the buttfumbler.

The1ApplePie
03-17-2014, 09:49 PM
Remember the last time we threw a rookie QB to the wolves , it ruined him. He had happy feet and sacked himself for the rest of his career ....

Sanchez is a perfect bridge player. No one expects him to be a franchise QB (no delusional Keenum/VY/Tebow fans chanting from the stands), talented and experienced enough to win a few games, and young enough to be a long-term backup.

The best option right now, unless you think that Christian Ponder or Josh Freeman can fill that role

Corrosion
03-17-2014, 10:04 PM
If we're just sending tackling dummies out there, we don't need to sign a new QB, we've got that right here already...... cheap too in Yates & Keenum. They'll give us just as much of a chance to win as the buttfumbler.

If it were as simple as a tackling dummy , sure I'd agree. But it isn't , McNair wants results that Keenum & Yates simply aren't capable of providing.

Both Keenum & Yates have shown a propensity for mistakes.

Sanchez has shown the ability .... Not to lose games when provided with a solid defense & running game. (That's not saying he's going to win you games , just not lose them).

With Sanchez you probably win more games than with either Yates or Keenum.

Lucky
03-17-2014, 11:21 PM
This should not be the 2002 Texans expansion o-line, revisited. There are 2 Pro Bowl players set to start. Surely, O'Brien can come up with 3 additional starters from the current roster, the draft, and possibly 2nd tier free agents. I don't think the Texans QB should be in line for a pummeling next season.

Lucky
03-17-2014, 11:34 PM
In regards to Sanchez, I think there's a good chance he ends up in Chicago. The Bears don't have a backup QB, and Sanchez's former QB coach, Matt Cavenough, is in the Chi-Town. Cutler has had some type of injury 3 years running, and that has to make the job even more enticing for Sanchez.

Hemlock
03-18-2014, 07:47 AM
http://zrdavis.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/real-life1.jpg

steelbtexan
03-18-2014, 09:27 AM
If it were as simple as a tackling dummy , sure I'd agree. But it isn't , McNair wants results that Keenum & Yates simply aren't capable of providing.

Both Keenum & Yates have shown a propensity for mistakes.

Sanchez has shown the ability .... Not to lose games when provided with a solid defense & running game. (That's not saying he's going to win you games , just not lose them).

With Sanchez you probably win more games than with either Yates or Keenum.

I would rather just go with Keenum /Yates/and a draft pick like Garapollo/Smith/Savage/Murray. This is only if a trade for Mallett doesn't happen.

Starting Keenum/Yates for the 1st 4-8 games and then bringing in the rookie should,

1. Ensure the record is bad enough that the 2015 draft pick is high enough that the cost of moving up in the draft isn't prohibitive.
2. You get a free look at your rookie QB so you should be able to determine if this yrs draft QB is the QB of the future and if he is he gains invaluable experience.
3. If your rookie QB is the guy, because you let Keenum/Yates start the record should still be bad enough to get high 2015 draft picks and add to what should be a stellar Texans 2014 draft class. Not that I've got any faith in the Texans ability to produce a stellar 2014 draft class.

I can see why McNair wants Sanchez though, he gives them the ability to win 6-8 games next yr (Gary like) that way McNair can sell to his fanbase that,

1. The team is improving
2. You only have to pay top 10-15 $$$$ rather than 1-1 $$$$.

You know kinda like McNair was when Gary would always go on those late season runs to finish in the 7-9/9-7 territory and mediocrity continues to live in H-Town.

BullNation4Life
03-18-2014, 09:32 AM
Mark.....Sanch....

Sorry, just threw up in my mouth a little bit....

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/yux.gif

thunderkyss
03-18-2014, 09:57 AM
I would rather just go with Keenum /Yates/and a draft pick like Garapollo/Smith/Savage/Murray. This is only if a trade for Mallett doesn't happen.

I can see why McNair wants Sanchez though, he gives them the ability to win 6-8 games next yr (Gary like) that way McNair can sell to his fanbase that,

Hopefully the Sanchez talk is just to tell New England we don't "have to" have Mallet.

I don't think it's a good fake, but...

DX-TEX
03-18-2014, 10:02 AM
Hopefully the Sanchez talk is just to tell New England we don't "have to" have Mallet.

I don't think it's a good fake, but...

Could also just be Ian Rappaport pulling **** out of his ass since he is the only person saying it

The1ApplePie
03-18-2014, 10:07 AM

Starting Keenum/Yates for the 1st 4-8 games and then bringing in the rookie should,

1. Ensure the record is bad enough that the 2015 draft pick is high enough that the cost of moving up in the draft isn't prohibitive.
2. You get a free look at your rookie QB so you should be able to determine if this yrs draft QB is the QB of the future and if he is he gains invaluable experience.
3. If your rookie QB is the guy, because you let Keenum/Yates start the record should still be bad enough to get high 2015 draft picks and add to what should be a stellar Texans 2014 draft class. Not that I've got any faith in the Texans ability to produce a stellar 2014 draft class.

1. The team is improving
2. You only have to pay top 10-15 $$$$ rather than 1-1 $$$$.

You know kinda like McNair was when Gary would always go on those late season runs to finish in the 7-9/9-7 territory and mediocrity continues to live in H-Town.

So the team should tank next year for a chance to be in position to draft Winston out of FSU? A player that this organization probably wouldn't take in a millions years?

Don't get the hate for Sanchez (except for the Buttfumble). Not a great NFL QB, but he is an actual NFL-caliber QB, unlike Keenum or Yates. Dude will be a placeholder for Bridgewater/Manziel/Bortles anyways

infantrycak
03-18-2014, 10:24 AM
Don't get the hate for Sanchez (except for the Buttfumble). Not a great NFL QB, but he is an actual NFL-caliber QB, unlike Keenum or Yates. Dude will be a placeholder for Bridgewater/Manziel/Bortles anyways

I don't hate Sanchez. I just think it is pointless, a waste of money and not an upgrade over Keenum who I also do not think is a future starter. I also don't put much faith in the ability of a QB coming off shoulder surgery to make it through a season.

Double Barrel
03-18-2014, 10:46 AM

Of course I remember it well.

However, that experience does not mean it will always end in failure.

Troy Aikman was a rookie that played his first season. Peyton Manning, too. Recently we saw Russell Wilson. Andrew Luck. Joe Flacco. Matt Ryan. Matthew Stafford. And these are just off the top of my head.

The Texans did it wrong with David Carr. It was a brand new franchise with an untested offensive line, and they did not give him a dedicated QB coach to teach him how to prepare and study for the position.

But, if they have to keep the rookie QB on the bench, then just keep Matt Schaub instead of wasting a season on some chump like Sanchez. The dude does not have football in his heart. He cares more about his image and after-football-career than he does the game itself. He would be a horrible role model for a rookie QB learning the ropes of the NFL.

infantrycak
03-18-2014, 10:51 AM
But, if they have to keep the rookie QB on the bench, then just keep Matt Schaub instead of wasting a season on some chump like Sanchez. The dude does not have football in his heart. He cares more about his image and after-football-career than he does the game itself. He would be a horrible role model for a rookie QB learning the ropes of the NFL.

Folks should consider this - who would you better take "expert" lessons from, a guy who overachieved in the NFL or a guy who flopped in the NFL?

steelbtexan
03-18-2014, 10:55 AM
I don't hate Sanchez. I just think it is pointless, a waste of money and not an upgrade over Keenum who I also do not think is a future starter. I also don't put much faith in the ability of a QB coming off shoulder surgery to make it through a season.

My thoughts exactly

thunderkyss
03-18-2014, 11:59 AM
The Texans did it wrong with David Carr. It was a brand new franchise with an untested offensive line, and they did not give him a dedicated QB coach to teach him how to prepare and study for the position.

It's hard to say, even with hindsight. I loved watching David Carr in 2002 & 2003. I thought we made the right decision, not only to get him, but to start him. It wasn't until sometime in 2004 that I started to sour on Carr. He stopped looking down-field, stopped taking chances, stopped trying to win, imo.

That's when the Texans should have started holding him accountable for his play, he was causing as more issues than he was solving. I say "it's hard to say." because I don't know what those conversations were like after the game, Monday through Thursday... but I felt like he didn't own his own shortcomings...... just hard to say looking through that tube.

But I don't think starting David was ever the problem. Continuing to let him start was.

infantrycak
03-18-2014, 12:05 PM
It's hard to say, even with hindsight. I loved watching David Carr in 2002 & 2003. I thought we made the right decision, not only to get him, but to start him. It wasn't until sometime in 2004 that I started to sour on Carr. He stopped looking down-field, stopped taking chances, stopped trying to win, imo.

That's when the Texans should have started holding him accountable for his play, he was causing as more issues than he was solving.

Game 9 of 2004 was the weather change. Look at the 1st 8 games and then the remainder of his time in Houston. The contrast is stark.

To me there was a clear coaching change at that point but Carr was flawed from day 1 and was not very coachable or dedicated. I think he could have been more but his flaws were his own.

Double Barrel
03-18-2014, 12:23 PM
Game 9 of 2004 was the weather change. Look at the 1st 8 games and then the remainder of his time in Houston. The contrast is stark.

To me there was a clear coaching change at that point but Carr was flawed from day 1 and was not very coachable or dedicated. I think he could have been more but his flaws were his own.

I think Carr had the raw talent and potential to be developed by an established team that could allow him to mature on the bench for a couple of seasons. Who knows if he could have been a consistent game manager or a QB that could actually carry a team, but I think his experience in Houston was the worst possible situation for his undeveloped talent and untrained work ethic.

There is certainly a case to be made to sit a rookie QB. A lot depends on the player and the team/coaches/starting QB. So I'm not arguing against it. Just don't make Sanchez the starting QB who the rookie learns from. I think that sets it up for failure.

Scooter
03-18-2014, 12:51 PM
first, no way to buttfumble.

as for carr, i never hated the pick, though i personally wouldnt have chosen a quarterback first. i just thought it was stupid to throw him into the situation. you have tony banks, an experienced veteran and someone much more likely to adjust to capers' offense. let him take his lumps on a team that has never played together tries to get their feet under them. instead we said "ok kid, everybody's trying to figure it all out, try not to die until then".

regardless of carr's situation, i'm a big proponent of letting the rookie sit at least a year. that time is well spent being coached instead of learning on the job. teach the rookie how to practice and how to work before putting him to work. it's also the best time to work on holes and flaws in the rookie's game, where as putting him straight into a starting role focuses his attention elsewhere, allowing those holes to create other bad tendencies.

The1ApplePie
03-18-2014, 12:54 PM
So, no Sanchez, no Schaub... who would be the veteran backup?

infantrycak
03-18-2014, 01:13 PM
So, no Sanchez, no Schaub... who would be the veteran backup?

Keenum and Yates are no longer rookies.

Some of the placeholders being mentioned are not substantially different:

Keenum - 8 starts, 254 att.
Yates - 7 starts, 221 att.

McGloin - 6 starts, 211 att.
Hoyer - 4 starts, 192 att.

What's the point?

Carr Bombed
03-18-2014, 02:47 PM
http://terrileeclarke.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/oh-hell-no.jpg?w=538