PDA

View Full Version : Free agent Ben Tate: 'I'm an elite running back' in NFL

thunderkyss
03-08-2014, 12:36 PM
Free agent (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000331924/article/free-agent-ben-tate-im-an-elite-running-back-in-nfl) Ben Tate: 'I'm an elite running back' in NFL

"I think I can bring you an elite running back," Tate told Fox 26 in Houston on Friday. "I've learned a lot being behind Arian (Foster). Definitely, when I'm healthy I think I'm an elite running back in this league, and I feel like I can show my abilities and my numbers and my play will speak for itself, and guys will be able to see that I am a guy who is a top-five running back in this league, which I believe once I get out there and get to show that on a consistent basis."

Norg
03-08-2014, 01:00 PM
cool beans

TexansSeminole
03-08-2014, 01:14 PM
cool beans

Post of the week

Dutchrudder
03-08-2014, 01:15 PM
And I'm King of the Potato People!

Dutchrudder
03-08-2014, 01:16 PM
cool beans

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/south-park/episode-thumbnails/season-3/south-park-s03e05-jakovasaurs_4x3.jpg

kiwitexansfan
03-08-2014, 08:50 PM
'When I'm healthy.....'

When has that ever happened?

Vance87
03-08-2014, 09:16 PM
'When I'm healthy.....'

That burn was ice cold.

Dood played with broken ribs for us though, much respect.

kiwitexansfan
03-08-2014, 10:55 PM
That burn was ice cold.

He is a tough SOB and when healthy his claim might be accurate. But we've only seen that guy for part of one season perhaps.

IDEXAN
03-08-2014, 11:08 PM
'When I'm healthy.....'

In 2011 Tate had almost 1000 yards as a backup and this past year he had > 700 with just 7 starts so he's a very talented back and a better pure runner than Foster ever was.
And Tate was refreshingly candid on responses to media interviews, somebody who never said crap like "I love the city, hope I can finish my career in Houston." He had some real bad luck when it came to his injury in his rookie year, I wish him the best the rest of his NFL career.

thunderkyss
03-09-2014, 12:06 AM
In 2011 Tate had almost 1000 yards as a backup and this past year he had > 700 with just 7 starts so he's a very talented back and a better pure runner than Foster ever was.
And Tate was refreshingly candid on responses to media interviews, somebody who never said crap like "I love the city, hope I can finish my career in Houston." He had some real bad luck when it came to his injury in his rookie year, I wish him the best the rest of his NFL career.

Bottom line, he can't stay healthy... at least there's no reason to believe he will. Reggie Bush..... same thing. He's had a good season here & there. He's way more talented than Arian Foster ever will be.

But you're a fool if your plan is to hand him the rock 30 times a game for 16 games.... most likely never happen.

infantrycak
03-09-2014, 12:38 AM
Not sure where all this better runner than Foster stuff is coming from. Tate's vision is not near as good and his cut back decision making is not as good as Foster's. He isn't as fast as he thinks he is and commonly presses the stretch trying to get the forward edge when he should cut back into clear field on the back side as they play is designed to leave open.

Shaft75
03-09-2014, 01:55 AM
This #wishywashy fan knows he didn't play through broken ribs for the TEXANS, but for BEN TATE and free agency. He sucked it up though and is still a pretty tough sob. Elite??? Not no, but heeeeeeeeell no!

PapaL
03-09-2014, 03:03 AM
Bottom line, he can't stay healthy... at least there's no reason to believe he will. Reggie Bush..... same thing. He's had a good season here & there. He's way more talented than Arian Foster ever will be.

But you're a fool if your plan is to hand him the rock 30 times a game for 16 games.... most likely never happen.

Considering there has never been a RB to run the ball 30 times a game for 16 games, anyone would be a fool to be expect that from any RB.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rush_att_single_season.htm

infantrycak
03-09-2014, 03:12 AM
Considering there has never been a RB to run the ball 30 times a game for 16 games, anyone would be a fool to be expect that from any RB.

Yup. Arian Foster's "running him into the ground" year was 21.9 cpg.

Tough killing off myths though.

thunderkyss
03-09-2014, 03:37 AM

Not to be taken literally.

TheMatrix31
03-09-2014, 06:41 AM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

bah007
03-09-2014, 12:28 PM
Tate has long been hated around here and I don't understand it. I hope he gets paid, just not by us. Good luck to him.

Speedy
03-09-2014, 01:49 PM
Not sure where all this better runner than Foster stuff is coming from. Tate's vision is not near as good and his cut back decision making is not as good as Foster's. He isn't as fast as he thinks he is and commonly presses the stretch trying to get the forward edge when he should cut back into clear field on the back side as they play is designed to leave open.

Well, Tate's average per carry has been half a yard better than Foster's the last 3 years (4.7 to 4.25).

infantrycak
03-09-2014, 03:20 PM
Well, Tate's average per carry has been half a yard better than Foster's the last 3 years (4.7 to 4.25).

That is very common with backup RBs especially for those who don't go in as short yardage guys and thanks for bringing that up because Foster is much better in short yardage/goalline.

TheMatrix31
03-09-2014, 04:35 PM
Tate has long been hated around here and I don't understand it. I hope he gets paid, just not by us. Good luck to him.

I hate anyone who thinks that they're more integral than they are.

He's said a lot of things in the past few months that have rubbed me the wrong way. He can **** himself.

Nawzer
03-09-2014, 06:28 PM
Tate's a very good running back, but I don't think he's an elite back. And these days most teams don't require an elite back to be successful. Sure the Seahawks have Lynch but their system is geared towards a heavy run game. Adrian Peterson is the best back in the league but what have the Vikings done recently? Most teams these days use a 2 or 3 back rotation because it's efficient. Tate may be the de facto starter with whatever teams he signs with, but it won't surprise me at all if he's back to splitting carries with another back.

HOU-TEX
03-10-2014, 10:38 AM

Agree!! Foster's vision is what made him a very good RB. I hope he's still able to use it

Tate just doesn't have the vision of Foster. He'll bang it rather than look for the cutback or any sort of running lane.

IDEXAN
03-10-2014, 11:02 AM
Agree!! Foster's vision is what made him a very good RB. I hope he's still able to use it

Tate just doesn't have the vision of Foster. He'll bang it rather than look for the cutback or any sort of running lane.

Tate has superior long-speed, has a better "burst", and is a more potent "thumper" than Foster, otherwise he's got nothing on him as a runner.

infantrycak
03-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Tate has superior long-speed, has a better "burst", and is a more potent "thumper" than Foster, otherwise he's got nothing on him as a runner.

Sure he does. Must be why he busts off so many more long runs than Arian. Oh wait, % of runs over 20 yds:

2.69% - Tate
3.27% - Foster

And let's not forget Tate coughing up the ball 2.1% of carries v. .88%.

I like Tate but other than a narrow margin in top speed he isn't as good as Foster.

WolverineFan
03-10-2014, 11:27 AM
He's a solid back, but nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

_King_
03-10-2014, 12:05 PM
I remember people used to say Tate could start for 30 other teams and would be an elite back when he got his chance.

I never agreed with that.

Sometimes in particular instances Tate has run better than Arian. Tate should have been given the rock. But overall he's not as good as Arian was when Arian was at his best.

But Tate has to say this. He has to plant it in other teams' minds that he's a feature back because that's the only way he'll get any kind of decent contract. RB's are seen as somewhat fungible so Tate saying he's an elite back is just him selling himself as a feature back.

Playoffs
03-10-2014, 12:11 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
One GM today on free-agent RBs: "That position needs its own union. We treat our equipment people better than we treat our running backs."

Kinda ironic as we move towards a style he's better suited to(imo) he's moving on.

Dread-Head
03-10-2014, 12:15 PM
And I'm King of the Potato People!

Well...I am El Presidente y Generalisimo de la Republica del bario del Segundo.

:dread:

Double Barrel
03-10-2014, 12:27 PM
I've never seen Tate leave potential HoF defenders grasping for air and looking like fools.

I vividly remember Foster doing this to the Steelers a couple of seasons ago. He made both Troy Polamalu and James Harrison (iirc) look like rookies in the open field trying to tackle him.

I'll give Tate his due, but let's not get emotional about it. He's a solid back, and obviously has a lot of self-confidence, but he has never been close to the talent that Arian Foster displayed in his prime.

The Pencil Neck
03-10-2014, 01:04 PM
Last year, he was a liability in Pass Pro. He almost got the QB killed a few times.

I thought he was great as a change-up to Arian but as the lead back, not so much. So I agree with some other posters that he's going to get out there and then find himself platooned again somehow.

I remember watching the Hey Rookie show when he was drafted. He was ticked other RBs were taken before he was. He was moping around and sulking. While I think it's good that a player think a lot of themselves, I'm not sure he's out-grown that childishness.

With all that said, I hope we pick up a really good replacement for him in the draft and I wish him all the luck wherever he ends up.

NastyNate
03-11-2014, 04:15 PM
He's a huge liability in pass coverage and coughs up the ball all too often, but hey, best of luck from us wishywashy fans.

Hervoyel
03-11-2014, 04:48 PM
That burn was ice cold.

You know, the cynic in me is certain that the "dood" played with broken ribs for his next contract and not for the Texans.

I try not to listen to him (the cynic in me) because he affects my enjoyment of the "game" but he's right when he calls it a business and he's right about why Ben Tate answered the bell last year when he was hurting.

Big Lou
03-11-2014, 09:57 PM

Yeh but he's wishy washy..........

Props to the dude for playing with broken ribs, even if he was doing it for his next contract and not for the Texans. I'm still a little bitter about being called a fair weather fan, but maybe that's just me.

Texecutioner
03-11-2014, 10:34 PM
Sorry, but Tate hasn't done squat in his career. I can't believe anyone is still talking this guy up at this point. I used to be a big Tate guy and I was dead wrong. The guy can't stay healthy and damn sure can't stagy consistent. Elite RB? Puuullleeeaaase!!! Tate can take his ass to whatever team he likes and under achieve over there, and then he can complain about the fans who boo his ass after the game like he did here. Hopefully he lands on the Jets and can learn what it's like to deal with really harsh fans.

thunderkyss
03-11-2014, 11:31 PM
Sorry, but Tate hasn't done squat in his career. I can't believe anyone is still talking this guy up at this point.

These same guys are probably belly-aching about paying Foster when we did. Surely they're dying to pay Tate after one injury free season out of 4.

$20M guaranteed.... $6M/yr.

infantrycak
03-11-2014, 11:51 PM
$20M guaranteed.... $6M/yr.

I'm going to guess more like $7 mil ($5 mil signing bonus and 1st year salary) guaranteed and about $4 mil/yr - 4 year deal.

TexanBacker93
03-14-2014, 11:01 AM
Yup. Arian Foster's "running him into the ground" year was 21.9 cpg.

Tough killing off myths though.

Those 3 years he touched the ball 24.77 times when you include receptions. That's one area of the game where Tate can't help you as much.

Good luck to Tate. I hope he signs a big contract, has a great season, and the league awards us a 3rd round pick.

Wolf
11-17-2014, 11:37 AM
Not sure what is going on in cleveland(I havent followed them) but Ben definitely not happy

Saw a quote where he said why do you want to talk to me? I didnt play a down.

I think he had 2 rushes for <-9> yards

santo
11-17-2014, 11:39 AM
Watt on that one play where he tackled Tate looked like his commercial where he goes around and keeps shouting "Shut you down!!"
:d:

Playoffs
11-17-2014, 12:02 PM
Not sure what is going on in cleveland(I havent followed them) but Ben definitely not happy

He has always been kinda chippy with the media and ill humored. Browns have some RB talent -- Baby Shanihan rotating them around.

The Pencil Neck
11-17-2014, 12:07 PM

Foster didn't even play and STILL outrushed him.

TheIronDuke
11-17-2014, 12:09 PM
He probably thinks the Cleveland coaching staff are being wishy washy with his usage.

Playoffs
11-17-2014, 12:13 PM

Well, Arian is one of the best RBs in the league.

xtruroyaltyx
11-17-2014, 01:14 PM
Think he meant for that game...

Arian: 0
Tate: -9

Double Barrel
11-17-2014, 01:31 PM
Tate might want to reevaluate his importance to his team and try to be objective about his talent level as it pertains to the rest of the league.

Saying you're elite does not make you elite. Matter-of-fact, I do not recall any of the elite players out there making such a statement...maybe some of the WRs like TO at some point, but that is the exception and not the rule.

Wolf
11-17-2014, 01:56 PM

Gave me a much needed chuckle

MSR

WolverineFan
11-17-2014, 02:04 PM
The rumors are already circulating in Cleveland that he has alienated himself from the coaching staff and will probably be cut in the offseason.

Playoffs
11-17-2014, 02:14 PM
The rumors are already circulating in Cleveland that he has alienated himself from the coaching staff and will probably be cut in the offseason.
Yeah, he said some not so nice things about Foster on his way out the door here that didn't jive with what I have heard this year about Arian. Just an angry fella.

Well, Arian is one of the best RBs in the league.

Think he meant for that game...

Got that, 'twas a joke w/out the kitty. :fingergun:

thunderkyss
11-17-2014, 02:50 PM

:spit:

The Pencil Neck
11-17-2014, 04:20 PM
I can't take credit for that joke. I saw it on BRB. I think it may have even made it's way around twitter.

Stemp
11-17-2014, 04:34 PM
I wouldn't mind bringing Tate back next season. He played well for us.

Thorn
11-17-2014, 04:36 PM

He did? He had one fairly decent season.

The Pencil Neck
11-17-2014, 04:48 PM
I didn't want Tate to leave but with the way he's handled himself since then, I don't want him back.

ArlingtonTexan
11-17-2014, 04:52 PM
He has always been kinda chippy with the media and ill humored. Browns have some RB talent -- Baby Shanihan rotating them around.

Whether his intent or not, I pretty much find a laugh out his media and fan interaction.

thunderkyss
11-17-2014, 07:34 PM

If there were a way to synchronize injuries... I'd think about it.

Playoffs
11-17-2014, 07:57 PM
PatMcManamon @PatMcManamon
Asked Pettine if there is attitude issue with Ben Tate, he said: “Nothing that I would speak of here.” #Browns

Well that sounds promising..... not.

Texecutioner
11-17-2014, 08:48 PM

You mean in one season? Because other than that he was the definition of unreliable.

Wolf
11-18-2014, 09:40 AM
Maybe the Texans were very good at keeping thing hush hush. I wondered why Tate was in Kubiaks doghouse at times

HOU-TEX
11-18-2014, 11:12 AM
Ben Tate's been waived! Wowsers. Need to keep that mouf shut

Cleveland Browns ‏@Browns · 55s55 seconds ago
NEWS: Browns waive Ben Tate

robroy72
11-18-2014, 11:15 AM

Dollars to donuts he ends up in Indy since Bradshaw broke his ankle.

Playoffs
11-18-2014, 11:18 AM

PatMcManamon @PatMcManamon
Asked Pettine if there is attitude issue with Ben Tate, he said: “Nothing that I would speak of here.” #Browns

Writing was on the wall.

Broncos should call him. Detroit? Cincy? Indy?

santo
11-18-2014, 11:19 AM

:spit:
With the way he's been talking, he certainly wouldn't fit O'Brien's concept of the team first mentality.

BullNation4Life
11-18-2014, 11:27 AM
biyatch about carries and don't deliver when your number is called, this happens...

*didn't see other thread, can delete*

HOU-TEX
11-18-2014, 11:28 AM
The Colts just lost Bradshaw to a broken fibula. I reckon he might be on their radar.

And, as Playoffs said, the Broncos are hurtin at RB too

xtruroyaltyx
11-18-2014, 11:31 AM
lol

Double Barrel
11-18-2014, 11:32 AM
Man, that Browns coaching staff sure is wishy washy!

It's not often that an "elite running back" hits the market, so he should command top dollar any minute now....

Playoffs
11-18-2014, 11:36 AM
With the way he's been talking, he certainly wouldn't fit O'Brien's concept of the team first mentality.

It appears Ben's is...

ME
team

robroy72
11-18-2014, 11:39 AM
Is he free to sign with anyone, or does it go through waiver wire order?

HOU-TEX
11-18-2014, 11:49 AM
Is he free to sign with anyone, or does it go through waiver wire order?

I thought he could sign with anyone until I saw this Tweet. I'm not sure what the waiver order is right now

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer · 6m6 minutes ago
Claiming Ben Tate would cost a team just the $352,941 left in his $1 million base salary. So he probably won't make it through waivers.

infantrycak
11-18-2014, 11:53 AM
I thought he could sign with anyone until I saw this Tweet. I'm not sure what the waiver order is right now

It's after the trade deadline or he would have gone straight to UFA.

robroy72
11-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Colts have signed Josh Cribbs apparently; anyone know what the waiver wire order is this week? Googling waiver wire just brings up tons of fantasy football sites!

Playoffs
11-18-2014, 12:04 PM
anyone know what the waiver wire order is this week?

Based on record and strength of schedule.

HOU-TEX
11-18-2014, 12:06 PM

Gotcha. I hate pretending I understand anything concerning the CBA

Playoffs
11-18-2014, 12:17 PM
LeGarrette Blount next. http://premiumfilmy.pl/engine/data/emoticons/butcher.gif

ChampionTexan
11-18-2014, 12:30 PM
Based on record and strength of schedule.

Correct, but it doesn't reset every week. So while I don't know exactly when it resets, it's possible that record and strength of schedule is as of week 8 or week 9.

WolverineFan
11-18-2014, 12:42 PM
Well that didn't take long. I think the Colts are definitely going to put in a claim here but the question is will they get him? There are plenty of teams out there with a need at RB. I could see the Raiders putting in a claim and dumping MJD.

TD
11-18-2014, 12:43 PM

Moot point, but would that apply to him? He hasn't completed 4 seasons.

edit...my bad, I guess he has.

Tolar's Ghost
11-18-2014, 12:46 PM
The grass definitely wasn't greener in Cleveland:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/18/browns-waive-ben-tate/

gwallaia
Wow. This is a surprise.

EllisUnit
The grass definitely wasn't greener in Cleveland:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/18/browns-waive-ben-tate/

Of course not we have cows here in Texas that makes our grass greener.

Marcus
11-18-2014, 12:54 PM
Maybe he should have kept his big mouth shut.

Making public comments that he's one of the elite RBs of the league, and yet can't make it out of the backfield, might rub someone the wrong way.

I just hope we don't invite him back.

ChampionTexan
11-18-2014, 01:02 PM
Well that didn't take long. I think the Colts are definitely going to put in a claim here but the question is will they get him? There are plenty of teams out there with a need at RB. I could see the Raiders putting in a claim and dumping MJD.

Lots of disappointing RB's for teams at the top of the waiver wire list. Doug Martin, Chris Johnson, Toby Gerhart, and as you mentioned MJD. Shoot, Atlanta's a division leader, but they may be in the top 6 or 8 on the list, and they just lost Antone Smith for the season.

ChampionTexan
11-18-2014, 01:03 PM
Of course not we have cows here in Texas that makes our grass greener.

Ohio doesn't have cows?

CretorFrigg
11-18-2014, 01:14 PM
PSA: If you publicly complain about not getting enough carries and then rush for -9 yards the next game, expect to be waived from the roster.

chicagotexan2
11-18-2014, 01:14 PM
Ohio doesn't have cows?

Yes, but in Ohio they call them 'Wives'

That CLE front office is so wishy washy.

thunderkyss
11-18-2014, 01:28 PM

I'd be more worried if I were a team with a promising runner on my practice Squad. Ben's got a big mouth & that whole thing played out in the media, it ain't no secret.

He was beat out by a 3rd round rookie & an UDFA rookie.

Playoffs
11-18-2014, 01:31 PM
LeGarrette Blount next. http://premiumfilmy.pl/engine/data/emoticons/butcher.gif

Boom!

Pittsburgh Steelers @steelers 6 minutes ago
We have released running back LeGarrette Blount.

False Start
11-18-2014, 01:48 PM
Maybe he should stop being so wishy-washy... :littlelol:

Marcus
11-18-2014, 01:56 PM
So what's Blount's deal? The same as Tate's?

Norg
11-18-2014, 02:07 PM
he was great here I know everyone loves foster here but IMO u can make a case .....

the only thing foster gots going for him is hes kinda tall for a rb and that makes him a decent RB pass catcher .....

but u can find #3 slot WR in the draft easyyyyy if we want that

but I know it will not happen different regime

he will prob be a raider or on some NFC team

thunderkyss
11-18-2014, 02:10 PM

:spy:

Don't tell Rick.

EllisUnit
11-18-2014, 02:11 PM
he was great here I know everyone loves foster here but IMO u can make a case .....

the only thing foster gots going for him is hes kinda tall for a rb and that makes him a decent RB pass catcher .....

but I know it will not happen different regime

he will prob be a raider or on some NFC team

Fosters best asset is his vision

HOU-TEX
11-18-2014, 02:17 PM

Nice call

Playoffs
11-18-2014, 02:21 PM

Pretty much, worse history. He walked off the field during the MNF game last night -- purportedly because he wasn't getting any workload.

HOU-TEX
11-18-2014, 02:21 PM

Pretty much. He walked off the field before the game ended last night due to not getting a carry in the game.

Bell was gashing the titans, who were blitzing every dadgum play. So, Bell became the bell cow

Showtime100
11-18-2014, 02:24 PM

Boom!

Pittsburgh Steelers @steelers 6 minutes ago

Yep. Also in San Francisco Ahmad Brooks walked off the field early though he'll keep his job (he better, that is....lol).

WTF is going on in the NFL with these brats? Team first, my ass.

b0ng
11-18-2014, 02:25 PM

He actually walked off the field in like the 3rd or 4th quarter because he wasn't getting carries.

lol?

Playoffs
11-18-2014, 03:11 PM
Correct, but it doesn't reset every week. So while I don't know exactly when it resets, it's possible that record and strength of schedule is as of week 8 or week 9.

Claim order: OAK, JAX, TB, TEN, NYJ, WAS, NYG, CAR, ATL, MIN, CHI, NO, STL, HOU, BUF, CLE, SD, SEA, BAL, MIA, IND, SF, PIT, CIN, DAL, DET, GB, PHI, KC, DEN, NE, AZ.

gwallaia
11-18-2014, 03:26 PM
Was Blount the guy who punched that Bosie State player a few years ago?

Showtime100
11-18-2014, 03:40 PM
Was Blount the guy who punched that Bosie State player a few years ago?

I didn't put the two together, but you're right. Good job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEu3GzNDs74

TheMatrix31
11-18-2014, 03:53 PM
This guy is such a piece of crap. Glad he got cut. Asshole.

DBCooper
11-18-2014, 05:57 PM
This guy is such a piece of crap. Glad he got cut. Asshole.

You're so wishy-washy.

Signed,

B. Tate

TheMatrix31
11-18-2014, 06:38 PM
You're so wishy-washy.

Signed,

B. Tate

He could wishy-wash my balls with his mouth for all I care. Jabroni.

Playoffs
11-18-2014, 07:39 PM
Around The NFL ‏@AroundTheNFL
There is “considerable” interest in Ben Tate around the NFL. Less in LeGarrette Blount.

PapaL
11-18-2014, 11:11 PM
Ravens could use him. Already knows their offense and is a local boy.

Texecutioner
11-19-2014, 12:12 AM

Kubiak probably wants no part of Tate at this point. Tate would be smart to try and go roach off a ring with the Patriots or the Broncos right now. My guess is that he ends up on the Broncos who are having a lot of RB problems. What a disaster this guy's career has been.

Scooter
11-19-2014, 01:03 AM
i'll be in a very small minority, and i'm never one to go after players with issues, but i'd want blount on my team. dude's a hammer, can catch and is somehow a pretty solid kick returner. i dont know about his blocking ability, but if i could placate him with 5-10 touches a game, especially with a few short yardage touchdowns on the stat sheet, he'd be an asset.

The Pencil Neck
11-19-2014, 01:17 AM
i'll be in a very small minority, and i'm never one to go after players with issues, but i'd want blount on my team. dude's a hammer, can catch and is somehow a pretty solid kick returner. i dont know about his blocking ability, but if i could placate him with 5-10 touches a game, especially with a few short yardage touchdowns on the stat sheet, he'd be an asset.

He does know this offense, having played in a variation of it last season.

I'm fine with Foster/Blue/Grimes, however.

TEXANRED
11-19-2014, 01:24 AM

Colts with Bradshaw being put on IR.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/520778/ahmad-bradshaw

houstonspartan
11-19-2014, 01:51 AM

LMFAO!!!

Damn, you took it straight to the streets!

houstonspartan
11-19-2014, 01:55 AM
Kubiak probably wants no part of Tate at this point. Tate would be smart to try and go roach off a ring with the Patriots or the Broncos right now. My guess is that he ends up on the Broncos who are having a lot of RB problems. What a disaster this guy's career has been.

yeah, my understanding is that Kubiak and Tate have some serious issues with each other.

ObsiWan
11-19-2014, 03:01 AM

Pretty much, worse history. He walked off the field during the MNF game last night -- purportedly because he wasn't getting any workload.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDXOCCqZo9Grmd1AyTzZ8QptupdsDAj JGc5kIN8A5bCw6j09z_

Hey, Leon can't do everything

Double Barrel
11-19-2014, 12:15 PM
Some of these guys act like playing in the NFL is a right and not a privilege. They need to reevaluate their perspectives, because they need the league. The NFL does need them and their crappy attitudes.

houstonspartan
11-19-2014, 01:54 PM
Some of these guys act like playing in the NFL is a right and not a privilege. They need to reevaluate their perspectives, because they need the league. The NFL does need them and their crappy attitudes.

Especially considering that middle-of-the-road running backs are a dime a dozen.

HOU-TEX
11-19-2014, 04:17 PM
The Vikes got Tate

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 6m6 minutes ago
The #Vikings have claimed Ben Tate, source says, after learning Adrian Peterson won’t play for them this year, pending appeal

Playoffs
11-19-2014, 04:58 PM
The Vikes got Tate

Irsay not a happy camper, I'm guessing.

ObsiWan
11-19-2014, 07:44 PM
:ahhaha:

Scooter
11-19-2014, 08:15 PM
i retract my statement about blount, it seems the entire pittsburgh locker room wanted him gone - or at least wont miss him. it takes a special person to have the whole team against you.

Playoffs
11-19-2014, 08:21 PM
The Vikes got Tate

Also, I don't get why the Vikings don't give the rock to Jerick McKinnon. 4.9 yards per carry, 4 20+ yard bursts in only 98 attempts. They're 4-6, 0-3 in their division. Find out what you got.

But I'm happy Tate isn't a Colt.

WolverineFan
11-19-2014, 10:47 PM
Also, I don't get why the Vikings don't give the rock to Jerick McKinnon. 4.9 yards per carry, 4 20+ yard bursts in only 98 attempts. They're 4-6, 0-3 in their division. Find out what you got.

But I'm happy Tate isn't a Colt.

Probably protection issues and such. He played QB in a wing option offense in college and had literally no experience pass protecting and picking up blitzes before being drafted.

He has taken over the bigger part of the workload in the last few weeks though. He's averaged 16.8 touches per game over the last 5 games compared to Asiata's 7.2 per game over that span.

False Start
11-19-2014, 11:48 PM

Excellent! :yes: :ahhaha:

Showtime100
11-20-2014, 12:00 AM
The title of this thread...
Re: Free agent Ben Tate: 'I'm an elite running back' in NFL

Every time I read it I think of Eddie Murphy and Joe Piscopo "I'm Carl Lewis."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LymeOcJyJtg

Playoffs
11-21-2014, 12:54 PM
The Vikes got Tate

Field Yates @FieldYates
Source: 2 other teams besides the Vikings tried to claim RB Ben Tate — the Colts & Cardinals. Minnesota, with worst record, was awarded Tate

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121205194057/simpsons/images/e/e9/Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg

Playoffs
12-23-2014, 07:40 PM
Field Yates ‏@FieldYates
Source: the Vikings have released RB Ben Tate.

Vance87
12-23-2014, 08:42 PM
So wishy washy.

Playoffs
12-24-2014, 05:22 PM
Field Yates ‏@FieldYates
RB Ben Tate went unclaimed on waivers today. He's now an unrestricted free agent.

JB
12-24-2014, 05:55 PM
Field Yates ‏@FieldYates

lol:

Ryan
12-24-2014, 05:59 PM
If he's realized he's nothing more than a backup RB i'd take him back. He's better than Blue.

Marshall
12-25-2014, 09:34 AM
If he's realized he's nothing more than a backup RB i'd take him back. He's better than Blue.

He was. But is he now? Some players progress and some regress.