PDA

View Full Version : Non Monumental Texans Signings

CloakNNNdagger
03-06-2014, 12:36 PM
Not anything monumental, but some news. More of a potential ST player.
Rotoworld:

Texans re-signed exclusive rights free agent OLB Ricky Sapp to a one-year, $570,000 contract.

Playoffs
03-06-2014, 12:41 PM
Combine Results 2010

Height: 6037
Weight: 252
40 Yrd Dash: 4.65
20 Yrd Dash: 2.62
10 Yrd Dash: 1.60
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 23
Vertical Jump: 34
Broad Jump: 09'06"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.41
3-Cone Drill: 7.29
40 Time Range: 4.65-4.71

htownfan32
03-06-2014, 01:40 PM
:trophy:

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Edit: Any relation to Sapp, Warren?

Troy Chapman
03-06-2014, 02:08 PM
Maybe has a shot at 53man roster but wouldn't put a lot money on it.

PapaL
03-06-2014, 02:25 PM
Rickkkkkky!

http://unrealitymag.bcmediagroup.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/boysnthehood_l.jpg

CloakNNNdagger
03-07-2014, 08:38 AM
Didn't want to start a new thread on this.

Deepi Sidhu @DeepSlant
#Texans release ILB Evan Frierson and claim OLB Paul Hazel off waivers today.

He's a tall lanky 6'5" 227 pound OLB probably STs. If I remember correctly going into his Draft a couple years ago, he had an 8 sack season in college and was considered a good edge rusher prospect. But he looked like a toothpick, at that time weighing about 20 pounds less than he does now. Maybe Crennel puts even more weight on him and puts him into the OLB mix?

MODS: MIGHT CONSIDER RE-TITLING THREAD TO READ "NON MONUMENTAL TEXANS SIGNINGS" or something like this.

bhsman
03-07-2014, 01:31 PM
MODS: MIGHT CONSIDER RE-TITLING THREAD TO READ "NON MONUMENTAL TEXANS SIGNINGS" or something like this.

Or just make this the official Free Agency thread or something, if there's not one already.

brg88tx
03-07-2014, 01:35 PM

He's a tall lanky 6'5" 227 pound OLB probably STs. If I remember correctly going into his Draft a couple years ago, he had an 8 sack season in college and was considered a good edge rusher prospect. But he looked like a toothpick, at that time weighing about 20 pounds less than he does now. Maybe Crennel puts even more weight on him and puts him into the OLB mix?

Obrien is trying to build the tallest nfl roster.

ArlingtonTexan
03-07-2014, 01:38 PM

I can do it at some point (not at home) or we have the futures contract thread that is essentially the same level of player.

El Tejano
03-07-2014, 01:49 PM
I have to assume that B'OB is building the special teams unit. We sucked last year.

The Pencil Neck
03-07-2014, 02:06 PM
Every team makes tons of signings like this every year.

It's no big deal, yet.

Grams
03-08-2014, 06:24 AM
Camp fodder.

Don't we get to like 99 guys or something like that for camp.

Some of these guys may surprise us and make the final cut, but most will probably not.

Playoffs
04-02-2014, 03:02 PM
I guess this fits in here...

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Elbert Mack was with Texans last season as backup corner and special teams player.

Texans re-signed CB Elbert Mack

_King_
04-02-2014, 03:03 PM
Need bodies.

htownfan32
04-02-2014, 03:11 PM
I guess this fits in here...

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Elbert Mack was with Texans last season as backup corner and special teams player.

Texans re-signed CB Elbert Mack

Mack was on the field a bit, now that I think about it. Strange that we had to dip down that far into our DB reserves.

kiwitexansfan
04-02-2014, 05:07 PM
Why would any team sign a guy who couldn't be out Brice McCain?

ArlingtonTexan
04-02-2014, 06:52 PM
Why would any team sign a guy who couldn't be out Brice McCain?

but was that because the last administration had 'invested' in McCain versus just picked up Mack randomly?

_King_
04-02-2014, 06:55 PM
but was that because the last administration had 'invested' in McCain versus just picked up Mack randomly?

If we were picking up guys randomly, that would explain a lot.

LOL...

DocBar
04-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Mack was on the field a bit, now that I think about it. Strange that we had to dip down that far into our DB reserves.He made some decent plays, too. I liked him and that terapin guy.

CloakNNNdagger
04-02-2014, 08:02 PM
He made some decent plays, too. I liked him and that terapin guy.

Yep Terapin was coming around near the end of the year.

Brisco_County
04-02-2014, 09:22 PM
Yep Terapin was coming around near the end of the year.

Tarpinian? Yeah, he was a pleasant surprise. He earned a spot as depth.

CloakNNNdagger
04-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Tarpinian? Yeah, he was a pleasant surprise. He earned a spot as depth.

Thanks......kept on looking at the spelling......didn't look right........but was too lazy to look it up.:backsout:

honored82
04-03-2014, 02:48 AM
Brice McCain was signed by the Steelers for a one year contract. Glad he is gone. He wont be in our camp this season.

Scooter
04-03-2014, 05:43 AM
i kept hoping that mccain would return to his 2011(?) form. he does have cover skills and few realize how absurdly fast he is, but he just doesnt have the instincts and quick reactions needed to play inside. i could (very likely) be wrong, but i think mccain would do a whole lot better playing outside on early downs than he does inside on late downs and short yardage.

to that point (and off topic), since i'm thinking about it, kareem has looked really good when moved inside. i think he has a level that we rarely see, one that only comes out when truly challenged - such as being tasked with eliminating megatron or welker. that level seems to show up more when he moves inside, or at least it appears so in my memory.

Scooter
04-03-2014, 05:54 AM
tarpinian was definitely coming on at the end of the year. i see a very low ceiling, nothing more than a backup, but a good backup to have.

thunderkyss
04-03-2014, 06:50 AM
i kept hoping that mccain would return to his 2011(?) form. he does have cover skills and few realize how absurdly fast he is, but he just doesnt have the instincts and quick reactions needed to play inside. i could (very likely) be wrong, but i think mccain would do a whole lot better playing outside on early downs than he does inside on late downs and short yardage.

Agreed. I'd bet he'll be used more on the outside, if he gets on the field with Pittsburgh. He's not very tall, but he's got the speed & instincts to get the job done. I don't think he'll ever be Revis, but he can still be an asset if used according to his strengths.

steelbtexan
04-03-2014, 09:42 AM
McCain has an aversion to tackling.

Not good for a CB playing on the outside.

PFF's worst ranked CB is gone. BOB/RAC doing some more housecleaning. Good job

infantrycak
04-03-2014, 09:50 AM
McCain has absolutely zero anticipation of what the WR or QB are going to do. All the athleticism in the world doesn't make up for football stupid.

There was a game Deion was on the sidelines because the Cowboys were way up. He was yelling at his sub to watch for a certain set and move and pick the pass. Dude just didn't get it. Deion pulled him, went into the game and picked the pass on the next play. McCain is the dude - even led to water he can't figure out to drink.

Scooter
04-03-2014, 12:43 PM
PFF's worst ranked CB is gone. BOB/RAC doing some more housecleaning. Good job

by theirs or another's rating he had a top 10 cornerback season only a couple years ago (#1 nickel if i remember correctly). the talent is there, the athleticism is excessive. whether he and a coaching staff put it all together is highly doubtful, but mccain can most certainly play. i'm fine that we cut him, and actually glad, but part of me is also disappointed because i believe he has more potential that may yet come out.