PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

Thorn
02-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Here it is Super Bowl Sunday and another year down the drain. Another offseason to endure and be hopeful about. Offseason camps, the draft, and a new coaching staff make it somewhat exciting, but weve all been here before. Not only with the Texans but with the Oilers for a lot of us.

Another year of hoping maybe this coming season is the ONE after watching someone else in the Super Bowl again. Another year of being a fan and coming back for more. Another year of arguing with everyone about whos who and whats what.

Its upon us after today. Another offseason.

Playoffs
02-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Here, have a Snickers...

Do not miss this...

Caliendo's Mockumentary (http://m.espn.go.com/general/video?vid=10391248&cid=2378529&wjb)

Frank Caliendo's 30 for 30 mockumentary on how Seahawks CB Richard Sherman used his newfound infamy to make his way to the White House.

http://forums.scottishfootballforums.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/ROFL.gif

kingtexan
02-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Way to kill a potentially decent football day. Great timing ... :bat:

But alas, I must agree. Watching today will just make me hate Matt, Gary, and Rick that much more ...

Marcus
02-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Here it is Super Bowl Sunday and another year down the drain. Another offseason to endure and be hopeful about. Offseason camps, the draft, and a new coaching staff make it somewhat exciting, but we’ve all been here before. Not only with the Texans but with the Oilers for a lot of us.

Another year of hoping maybe this coming season is the ONE after watching someone else in the Super Bowl again. Another year of being a fan and coming back for more. Another year of arguing with everyone about who’s who and what’s what.

It’s upon us after today. Another offseason.

Fess up, Thorn. You're in 7th Heaven, but just don't want to admit it, ya grumpy old fart.

Thorn
02-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Fess up, Thorn. You're in 7th Heaven, but just don't want to admit it, ya grumpy old fart.

LOL. I'm stoned, waiting on my pizza to get here, and causing trouble. It just doesn't get much better than that.

GNTLEWOLF
02-02-2014, 01:51 PM
I know where Thorn is coming from, even though I'm not quite as old as he is. I remember always hoping the oilers would make it, and being disappointed with all the "close, but no cigar" years. I have felt the same about the Texans too ever since day one. Wit all the hope of what a new coach will bring there begins to be a touch of scepticism added to the hope, a little more each year.
I too am looking forward to the new beginning, but not with nearly the enthusiasm I've had in the past.
Here's hoping that finally we catch lightning in a bottle, for all us old timers and the whole Houston fan base.

beerlover
02-02-2014, 01:59 PM

someone please break it to him, Texans offseason officially started over one month ago :barman:

texan_joe
02-02-2014, 02:27 PM
Here it is Super Bowl Sunday and another year down the drain. Another offseason to endure and be hopeful about. Offseason camps, the draft, and a new coaching staff make it somewhat exciting, but weve all been here before. Not only with the Texans but with the Oilers for a lot of us.

Another year of hoping maybe this coming season is the ONE after watching someone else in the Super Bowl again. Another year of being a fan and coming back for more. Another year of arguing with everyone about whos who and whats what.

This city is cursed

bOODRO87
02-02-2014, 02:29 PM
LOL. I'm stoned, waiting on my pizza to get here, and causing trouble. It just doesn't get much better than that.

Now that's a Sunday.

DBCooper
02-02-2014, 02:30 PM
This city is cursed

City is not cursed otherwise the Rockets would not have won a championship.

DBCooper
02-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Now that's a Sunday.

A Super Sunday!

DocBar
02-02-2014, 03:09 PM
A Super Sunday!More like a Stupor Sunday in the making. lol

thunderkyss
02-02-2014, 03:14 PM

Don't forget the tip.

Honoring Earl 34
02-02-2014, 03:20 PM

http://www.ie420patient.com/Cheech%20%26%20Chong%20Graphics/Cheech%20Joint%20Up%20In%20Smoke.jpg

FirstTexansFan
02-02-2014, 04:42 PM
A lot of you aren't aware that Thorn starred in Blazing Saddles as Gabby Johnson :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNC3OciAF3w

jaayteetx
02-02-2014, 09:16 PM
City is not cursed otherwise the Rockets would not have won a championship.

Even that was tainted, no MJ in the league.

Ranger Tom
02-02-2014, 10:23 PM

There ain't no MJ in the league right now, is there? So every championship is now tainted, then. :mariopalm:

badboy
02-02-2014, 11:26 PM
So how is having the greatest QB in football looking right now? Manning was having flashbacks to Giants whopping him with 55. Announcer made comment that Wilson is thought of a games manager...thought I heard McCarron screaming all the way from 'Bama.

infantrycak
02-02-2014, 11:28 PM
Other than being taken/will be taken well outside the 1st round McCarron and Wilson have absolutely nothing in common.

Norg
02-02-2014, 11:38 PM
All I got to say is .................. GO FU^^IN Texans !!!!!!!!!!

and mannn one year im tellin u one year its going to be our Dream season ..... and boyyyy will it be sooo sweetttt !!!!!!!!!! Never give up Hope !!!

ThaShark316
02-02-2014, 11:42 PM

Like 95, right?

Damned sheep need to keep off the net.

thunderkyss
02-02-2014, 11:45 PM
Other than being taken/will be taken well outside the 1st round McCarron and Wilson have absolutely nothing in common.

Well if "they" are calling Wilson a game manager & "they" are calling McCarron a game manager.... they'd have that.

badboy
02-03-2014, 12:01 AM
Other than being taken/will be taken well outside the 1st round McCarron and Wilson have absolutely nothing in common.Best thing Wilson did, not make a mistake. McCarron's best quality.

EllisUnit
02-03-2014, 04:34 AM
OK my off season will be so much better now that i got to watch manning get destroyed in the superbowl.....

So if there is nothing else there is always that for me :) !

aussie_texan
02-03-2014, 07:20 AM
this is so demoralising!!! can't believe theres no NFL till august. seriously you americans need to stop being whiny B****es and play more games because the season is to darn short.

Goodwrench3
02-03-2014, 07:39 AM
Ouuuch, the season is soo short! At least we'll have NASCAR and some soccer until september!

speedfreek
02-03-2014, 07:51 AM
It just goes to show that we need to draft an elite QB instead of
taking a defensive player like Clowney. Clearly Manning was the
reason Denver rolled last night and not even a #1 defense
loaded with talent like the seahawks could stop him..

(oh wait!)

Peppers vs. Carr
Williams vs. Young
Clowney vs. (insert name here)

Thorn
02-03-2014, 08:25 AM
And the offseason debates of how to spend the 1.1 pick are in full swing! :lol:

I think some of you discount the really good QB play of Wilson yesterday. He made a lot of plays on his own. Kind of like Keenum did before Kubiak lobotomized him.

For the record I say spend 1.1 on the clown dude and pick up a QB in the 2nd round. But don't listen to me, I wanted them to draft Vince Young. :smiliepalm:

Marcus
02-03-2014, 09:17 AM
And the offseason debates of how to spend the 1.1 pick are in full swing! :lol:

I think some of you discount the really good QB play of Wilson yesterday. He made a lot of plays on his own. Kind of like Keenum did before Kubiak lobotomized him.

For the record I say spend 1.1 on the clown dude and pick up a QB in the 2nd round. But don't listen to me, I wanted them to draft Vince Young. :smiliepalm:

Hey, at least you have the stones to admit it. A lot, and I mean A LOT, of people wanted them to draft VY, but today they would deny it swearing on their mother's grave. The revisionist history that I read here sometimes is laughable.

TheIronDuke
02-03-2014, 10:46 AM
All I know is we picked the wrong year to suck. We really could've used Leon Sandcastle last year since we really need a CB but now we're a lock to take the once-in-a-generation talent of Jerry Ricecake. That'll be 2 WR taken in the first round in 2 years but I think Ricecake will be a damn good receiver for a long time.

Tailgate
02-03-2014, 11:58 AM
Yes. The dreadful offseason that feels 10xs longer than the actual season. And so it begins. :(

Though, looking forward to top pick in both mlb and nfl drafts, Astros starting to display some real talent at the big league level this yr, Rockets maybe win a playoff series, and its a world cup year.

Double Barrel
02-03-2014, 12:39 PM
*sigh*

I'm an NFL fan. I could not care any less about other sports.

So this day is one of melancholy and realization that my next "fix" is freakin' half a year away.

My little girl is happy that there's no more football for a long time, but myself, the slow grind of off-season workouts and draft anticipation do nothing to scratch the itch.

Nothing helps except to stay busy and don't think too much about it. The off-season always feels long, especially the day after the Super Bowl, but some off-seasons feel longer than others. 2014 feels like it's going to stretch foooreeeeveerrr in that regard.

*sigh*

thunderkyss
02-03-2014, 12:46 PM
*sigh*

So this day is one of melancholy and realization that my next "fix" is freakin' half a year away.

I'm actually getting excited that things are about to ramp up for FA, then the draft.

EllisUnit
02-03-2014, 08:43 PM
*sigh*

My little girl is happy that there's no more football for a long time, but myself, the slow grind of off-season workouts and draft anticipation do nothing to scratch the itch.

Nothing helps except to stay busy and don't think too much about it. The off-season always feels long, especially the day after the Super Bowl, but some off-seasons feel longer than others. 2014 feels like it's going to stretch foooreeeeveerrr in that regard.

*sigh*

With as busy as my job keeps me 24/7 (yes i am on call 24/7 365) it goes by really fast for me.

MojoX
02-03-2014, 08:51 PM
The Texans have taught me to enjoy football and all of the NFL. They are still my favorite team, though, but no need to let the incompetence of an organization I cannot influence affect my mood.

Thorn
02-03-2014, 09:28 PM
Hey, at least you have the stones to admit it. A lot, and I mean A LOT, of people wanted them to draft VY, but today they would deny it swearing on their mother's grave. The revisionist history that I read here sometimes is laughable.

I'm not sure why people worry about their image on the internet. And on a sports BBS, everyone who posts on it is most certainly wrong much more often than they are right. I know damn well I am. LOL

Texan_Bill
02-03-2014, 09:48 PM
I know where Thorn is coming from, even though I'm not quite as old as he is. .

No, no you don't where Thorn is coming from!!!

"Quite as old as him"? Hell, only JC and :thinking: uhhh JB are even close to as old as Thorn!!

JB
02-03-2014, 10:16 PM

"Quite as old as him"? Hell, only JC and :thinking: uhhh JB are even close to as old as Thorn!!

:pissed:

ThaShark316
02-04-2014, 12:24 AM
With as busy as my job keeps me 24/7 (yes i am on call 24/7 365) it goes by really fast for me.

Not on call like yourself, but it does go by quick when you're busy with work.

Norg
02-04-2014, 01:26 AM
I still think if we had picked VY we would of had more playoff appearance sooner .......... considering we had ZERO at the time and another what 5 years of ZERO with Mario Williams

Sigma
02-04-2014, 02:51 AM
I still think if we had picked VY we would of had more playoff appearance sooner .......... considering we had ZERO at the time and another what 5 years of ZERO with Mario Williams

come on, that's not fair...

He didn't get to play every game of those 5 years

with the injuries and all....

ObsiWan
02-04-2014, 04:05 AM

Excuse me...
:foottap:

Marshall
02-04-2014, 06:25 AM

I was against Vince Young, but it was mainly because he was from tu. I was actually happy we drafted Mario at the time. I didn't know he would be a part time player.

thunderkyss
02-04-2014, 08:10 AM

I like all this draft stuff. We get to analyse college players & project what their NFL futures are going to be. A big part of that is to look at their histories & dissect what they've been through.

However, I think we "know" it but don't talk a lot about the situation they're put in after that draft.

I don't care who they select, but the next QB taken by the Cleveland Browns is going to be a dismal failure. Maybe not dismal, if he's really good, he may have Matt Stafford like success, because of the talent they've put around him at the skilled positions, but ultimately Cleveland is a wasteland, forever in a state of disarray. Doesn't matter if it's going to be Bridgewater, Manziel, or Bortles, their career is pretty much over before it even gets started.

Had David Carr, or even Joey Harrington, fell to Buffalo or Cincinnati, or all the way to Denver their careers would have been totally different. Heck if Gary Kubiak had been our 1st head coach, Carr's career would have been totally different, juding by the way Carr played in 2002 & 2003 and what Kubiak was able to do with Schaub.

I said it many times back then, I didn't care who the Texans took as long as it wasn't that scat back with the #1 overall pick. If I had my rathers, it would be a QB because I was done with Carr by then & I thought Vince had the most upside.

GNTLEWOLF
02-04-2014, 08:27 AM

Hey, I'm 56...not quite as old, but getting there

Marshall
02-04-2014, 08:39 AM
Hey, I'm 56...not quite as old, but getting there

I'm just 55, but I've been older since the day I was a sparkle in my daddy's eye.

Norg
02-04-2014, 12:54 PM
come on, that's not fair...

He didn't get to play every game of those 5 years

with the injuries and all....

VY never lost to the Texans Jus saying ............. :P

Number19
02-04-2014, 06:23 PM
Hey, the combine is just two weeks away - Wednesday February 19. Then we have the long two month wait until the May 8th draft.

ObsiWan
02-04-2014, 06:31 PM
Hey, the combine is just two weeks away - Wednesday February 19. Then we have the long two month wait until the May 8th draft.

Two weeks! How far do these things have to travel?
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYCo4CKlkt2NyYgupGVwlEtd009M4Zl pbB5-h1rMr7hHVcja2c

:D

Vinnie
02-04-2014, 10:04 PM
It's about to be baseball season you 'tards! Let's go Astros! Crank your radios up! :kitten:

Double Barrel
02-05-2014, 01:42 PM
It's about to be baseball season you 'tards! Let's go Astros! Crank your radios up! :kitten:

:sleep:

ObsiWan
02-05-2014, 06:08 PM

The first couple of weeks are the worst...

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/tmbou/2014/tmbou140203.gif (http://www.mycomicspage.com/boundandgagged/2014/02/03/)