PDA

View Full Version : O'brien and Johnny

awc713
01-27-2014, 11:33 PM
Take this for what it's worth...

My buddy ran into OB yesterday. My friend and his two kids talked w/ OB for a while. Somehow, the draft came up, and the kids said that they didn't want the Texans to take Johnny (raised as die-hard longhorns fans). OB replied something along the line of: "Don't worry...we won't take him"

NOTE: I'm not saying we definitively do or don't draft him. Nor am I saying this just to rile up A&M fans. I just thought it was an interesting story worth sharing.

Maybe OB isnt so fond of Johnny, or maybe he was just playing nice with the kids. I dont know.

MistaRed
01-27-2014, 11:37 PM
That settles it then. O'Brien wouldn't lie to the kiddies would he?

Texn4life
01-27-2014, 11:45 PM
Cool story bro!

htownfan32
01-28-2014, 12:02 AM
"Heck no kiddos, of course we're going to draft Johnny Football!"

Is that what he was supposed to say? :kitten:

I doubt we draft him anyway.

bhsman
01-28-2014, 12:39 AM
Taking the story at face value, there's no guarantee at this point they won't take JFF or Teddy or whomever; for better or worse, there's a LOT of time to go until the draft.

MEGA SWATT
01-28-2014, 01:26 AM
gotta love college homerism either for or against a player.

Trap_Star
01-28-2014, 01:39 AM
odd...my slutty cousin ran into Rick Smith over the weekend and according to her during their encounter he kept mentioning the name "O'Ya" time after time...I can't find him anywhere as a prospect, so I think Rick knows about a potential UDFA no one about with tons of upside.

take it for what it's worth.

HJam72
01-28-2014, 08:39 AM
Does Rick's wife need to know about your slutty cousin? LOL

kingtexan
01-28-2014, 08:51 AM
with tons of upside.

Big breasteded????

Playoffs
01-28-2014, 10:13 AM
Okay, that's settled then.

Next time, have the kids ask him about the Clowney. Mmm'kay?

ChampionTexan
01-28-2014, 10:18 AM
Okay, that's settled then.

Next time, have the kids ask him about the Clowney. Mmm'kay?

I'd rather hear about his relationship with, and the division of power between him and Rick Smith. Have the kids ask him about that!

Honoring Earl 34
01-28-2014, 10:36 AM
odd...my slutty cousin ran into Rick Smith over the weekend and according to her during their encounter he kept mentioning the name "O'Ya" time after time...I can't find him anywhere as a prospect, so I think Rick knows about a potential UDFA no one about with tons of upside.

take it for what it's worth.

Funny ... Bill ran into your cousin and she said , he said , we were taking a dude from Indiana . Why ... he kept saying hoosier daddy hoosier daddy . :turtle:

disaacks3
01-28-2014, 03:53 PM
I'd rather hear about his relationship with, and the division of power between him and Rick Smith. Have the kids ask him about that! Wouldn't we all.

Mr teX
01-28-2014, 04:10 PM
Take this for what it's worth...

My buddy ran into OB yesterday. My friend and his two kids talked w/ OB for a while. Somehow, the draft came up, and the kids said that they didn't want the Texans to take Johnny (raised as die-hard longhorns fans). OB replied something along the line of: "Don't worry...we won't take him"

NOTE: I'm not saying we definitively do or don't draft him. Nor am I saying this just to rile up A&M fans. I just thought it was an interesting story worth sharing.

Maybe OB isnt so fond of Johnny, or maybe he was just playing nice with the kids. I dont know.

The bolded....