PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger?

Ktexan68
01-25-2014, 05:27 PM
Interesting - http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php

Teams that WalterFootball.com has heard could be interested in trading for Roethlisberger include the Houston Texans and Arizona Cardinals. The Texans selection at the top of the second round and a 2015 conditional pick could mimic what the Chiefs gave for Alex Smith last year.

badboy
01-25-2014, 05:33 PM
I am going to say no thanks for same reasons noted that Steelers don't want to pay him big money

Texn4life
01-25-2014, 05:52 PM
I thought conditional picks couldn't be traded? Or does this guy just not know what he's talking about?

infantrycak
01-25-2014, 06:17 PM
They heard? - from whom, the scotch they were discussing this over?

I thought conditional picks couldn't be traded? Or does this guy just not know what he's talking about?

You are thinking compensatory picks which can't be traded. A conditional pick is inherently one which is involved in a trade - it's identity (rd) is determined by certain conditions. So they are suggesting something like 2.1 this year plus a 3rd next year which could become a 2nd if Big Ben has over 3000 passing yards.

Brisco_County
01-25-2014, 06:46 PM
The Steelers have prepared no one to replace Roethlisberger. Based on that fact alone, he stays in Pittsburgh.

ThaShark316
01-25-2014, 07:17 PM
Zona should be ALL OVER THIS.

Texn4life
01-25-2014, 07:33 PM

You are thinking compensatory picks which can't be traded. A conditional pick is inherently one which is involved in a trade - it's identity (rd) is determined by certain conditions. So they are suggesting something like 2.1 this year plus a 3rd next year which could become a 2nd if Big Ben has over 3000 passing yards.

You're right....... Man, its being a long week for me.

DBCooper
01-25-2014, 07:46 PM
Always liked Ben.

Would be interesting as a temporary measure.

infantrycak
01-25-2014, 07:50 PM
Always liked Ben.

Heck he would be a pretty long term temporary. He is just about to turn 32.

houstonspartan
01-25-2014, 07:58 PM
The Steelers have prepared no one to replace Roethlisberger. Based on that fact alone, he stays in Pittsburgh.

Was thinking the same thing. He is going nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

nero THE zero
01-25-2014, 07:58 PM
Pure speculation.

But, I have posted a couple of times before that I would trade 2.01 for Roethlisberger in a heartbeat.

Would be ideal given our current situation (i.e. the age of our "core", available QB's at 1.01, etc.).

And, there was much scuttlebutt earlier this season about the Steelers trading Ben.

As I have stated, though, given the Steelers' finish to this season, you'd have to think they'd be less inclined to trade him.

bhsman
01-25-2014, 08:02 PM
I know some people have questioned whether the Texans would even draft a guy like Mettenberger for his sexual battery case; I can't see them trading for Big Ben with those two rape accusations.

Playoffs
01-25-2014, 08:05 PM
Rumors posted on the day of the 2013 Draft by same site...

In some of the late rumors, WalterFootball.com heard that the Bears are big fans of Desmond Trufant. It makes sense for Chicago to draft corner help as Charles Tillman and Tim Jennings are older veterans. Phil Emery made a similar pick last year when he selected defensive end Shea McClellin despite having some good veterans.
1/20 Chicago Bears Kyle Long G Oregon
1/22 Atlanta Falcons Desmond Trufant CB Washington

Sources told WalterFootball.com that the Cincinnati Bengals are "all in" on Alabama running back Eddie Lacy. It makes sense because the Bengals badly need a feature running back and Lacy is a good scheme fit. He could be an option in the first round or early in the second round.
2/37 Cincinnati Bengals Giovani Bernard RB North Carolina
2/53 Cincinnati Bengals Margus Hunt DE SMU
2/61 Green Bay Packers Eddie Lacy RB Alabama

A lot has been made about the lack of first-round talent in the 2013 draft class. One general manager is rumored to have said there are only 10-15 picks that are legitimate first-rounders in a traditional year. WalterFootball.com reached out to sources, and they said the number was about 20 in their estimation. Here is a list of the positions and the amount of players at the position that were said to be first-rounders. The specific player is the guess of the author.

Three Wide Receivers - Tavon Austin, Cordarralle Patterson, DeAndre Hopkins, Justin Hunter.http://smileyshack.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/stupid-counting.gif

:ahhaha:

DBCooper
01-25-2014, 08:07 PM

I guess what I meant to say was without drafting a QB to be the "Man" now. Temporary was not really what I wanted to say, been drinking.

We could be successful for 5 years with a guy like Ben.

Allstar
01-25-2014, 08:11 PM
Steelers are not giving him up. I'd welcome him for sure though.

Seegara
01-25-2014, 08:15 PM

You are thinking compensatory picks which can't be traded. A conditional pick is inherently one which is involved in a trade - it's{sic} identity (rd) is determined by certain conditions. So they are suggesting something like 2.1 this year plus a 3rd next year which could become a 2nd if Big Ben has over 3000 passing yards.
No to Roethlisberger. The price is just too high for a QB near the end of his career.

JB
01-25-2014, 08:37 PM
Big Ben would be great IF we had a line to protect him and he was healthy, idk if we can achieve either and even we could he's not going anywhere this year

TexanBacker93
01-25-2014, 09:27 PM
Giving up 2.1 for Big Ben would make it easier to make a trade with Cleveland and try and get those 2 1st rounders and maybe a 3rd or picks next year. Target a top defensive player and a lineman with those 2 1st rounders and look to provide secondary help in the 3rd.

I'm not saying I would want them to go this route, I haven't thought enough about it to form a strong opinion one way or another, but it does improve the QB play and allows other holes to be filled as well.

eriadoc
01-25-2014, 09:31 PM

He's an older 32, though. He's taken some hits.

beerlover
01-25-2014, 09:36 PM
Texans just need to draft their QB period. They could have drafted Ben. They could have drafted Flacco. They could have drafted Foles (owned both later picks before trading back) ENOUGH! Figure it out boyz on Kirby :swatter:

JB
01-25-2014, 09:38 PM
Giving up 2.1 for Big Ben would make it easier to make a trade with Cleveland and try and get those 2 1st rounders and maybe a 3rd or picks next year. Target a top defensive player and a lineman with those 2 1st rounders and look to provide secondary help in the 3rd.

I'm not saying I would want them to go this route, I haven't thought enough about it to form a strong opinion one way or another, but it does improve the QB play and allows other holes to be filled as well.

Why would it make it easier to trade with Cleveland?

infantrycak
01-25-2014, 09:47 PM
He's an older 32, though. He's taken some hits.

I'd take 5 years of Big Ben in a heartbeat for a 2nd.

dalemurphy
01-25-2014, 09:51 PM

I would too.

And, certainly, all those people who believe certain QBs have championship intangibles and others do not, would trade away 1.1 for a few years with Big Ben... especially since those also to tend to be the same people that believe in gambling heavily against the future for a shot at the Superbowl... because "that's the only thing that matters".

MistaRed
01-25-2014, 10:09 PM
No way this happens.

CloakNNNdagger
01-25-2014, 10:11 PM
With Munchak being named Steelers OC, I suspect that there is no way that Big Ben goes anywhere. With Munchak, Ben can expect much better protection....in turn, with less likelihood for injury.

Lucky
01-25-2014, 10:34 PM
With Munchak being named Steelers OC, I suspect that there is no way that Big Ben goes anywhere.
Munchak went to the Steelers as the O-line coach. He'll need to get better players if the Steelers are to improve their pass protection. Getting the running game going might help the most. 27th in rushing is not Steeler football.

I don't think Ben is going anywhere and I do think O'Brien wants to get his own guy. Sounds like a complete fabrication with no basis in fact.

Texian
01-25-2014, 10:58 PM
Munchak went to the Steelers as the O-line coach. He'll need to get better players if the Steelers are to improve their pass protection. Getting the running game going might help the most. 27th in rushing is not Steeler football.

I don't think Ben is going anywhere and I do think O'Brien wants to get his own guy. Sounds like a complete fabrication with no basis in fact.

Concur. If Big Ben was going somewhere it would have been after he was accused of forcing himself on an inebriated Coed in Georgia several years ago.

Hervoyel
01-25-2014, 11:32 PM

Wouldn't even hesitate. Man walks in the door and instantly becomes the best QB the Houston Texans have ever had on their roster.

beerlover
01-25-2014, 11:44 PM
Wouldn't even hesitate. Man walks in the door and instantly becomes the best QB the Houston Texans have ever had on their roster.

C'mon guys Ben Roethlisberger is not Texan worthy :logo:

Tolar's Ghost
01-25-2014, 11:51 PM
No to Roethlisberger. The price is just too high for a QB near the end of his career.

If he's near the end of his career, his career has several more productive years left.

He played some of the best football of his career in the last half of the season.

Tolar's Ghost
01-25-2014, 11:53 PM
Concur. If Big Ben was going somewhere it would have been after he was accused of forcing himself on an inebriated Coed in Georgia several years ago.

Yes, forcing himself on a coed who, along with her friends, was wearing a T-shirt that declared, "Down to F..."

By the way, he's married and a father (and about to have No. 2). Give him an f-ing break.

steelbtexan
01-26-2014, 01:44 AM
I am going to say no thanks for same reasons noted that Steelers don't want to pay him big money

So you don't believe BoB when he says he believes this will be a quick turnaround?

If I'm BoB and I truly beleive this (which I don't) then I'm all in on Big Ben.

steelbtexan
01-26-2014, 01:48 AM
Always liked Ben.

Temporary?

5 yrs? I'm in

infantrycak
01-26-2014, 01:56 AM
So you don't believe BoB when he says he believes this will be a quick turnaround?

If I'm BoB and I truly beleive this (which I don't) then I'm all in on Big Ben.

I don't think the Steelers would take anything but something we would consider highway robbery (something that starts with 1.1 + X, y...) so I don't expect it to happen but if he were offered as described it would be a no brainer. I would even do it for 1.1 alone.

steelbtexan
01-26-2014, 02:05 AM

^^^^
This, except I would love it if they wnt this route. Ben has atleast 5 yrs left in him. The best QB yrs Texans fans wii have ever seen.

If Rick gets Clowney and Big Ben in the same draft, then my hat's off to him. QB problem solved for the next 5 yrs. Premier pass rusher to helpout Watt and draft a serviceable RT in Rd.3 and trade up to get NT Justin Ellis and I'm a happy man coming out of this draft.

Pick a RB lie Dyer or Crowell in the 6-7th rd keep them out of trouble for a couple of yrs and this will be a spectacular draft.

steelbtexan
01-26-2014, 02:11 AM

He's 32 yrs old ? How much are you willing to pay for a former SB winning QB that can give you 5-8 yrs of the best QB play this franchise has ever seen?

steelbtexan
01-26-2014, 02:15 AM
Texans just need to draft their QB period. They could have drafted Ben. They could have drafted Flacco. They could have drafted Foles (owned both later picks before trading back) ENOUGH! Figure it out boyz on Kirby :swatter:

Is Big Ben better than any QB in this draft? His rings speak loudly.

steelbtexan
01-26-2014, 02:19 AM
I would too.

And, certainly, all those people who believe certain QBs have championship intangibles and others do not, would trade away 1.1 for a few years with Big Ben... especially since those also to tend to be the same people that believe in gambling heavily against the future for a shot at the Superbowl... because "that's the only thing that matters".

Tell me again how this would be betting heavily against the future?

Check your PM BOX

steelbtexan
01-26-2014, 02:24 AM

Tell me more about inebriated coeds in Ga?

steelbtexan
01-26-2014, 02:26 AM
I don't think the Steelers would take anything but something we would consider highway robbery (something that starts with 1.1 + X, y...) so I don't expect it to happen but if he were offered as described it would be a no brainer. I would even do it for 1.1 alone.

Agreed, but I'm not a cap expert?

How would they fit him under the cap?

infantrycak
01-26-2014, 02:41 AM
Agreed, but I'm not a cap expert?

How would they fit him under the cap?

Well it ain't happening so no point in getting too specific. They could go all sorts of ways. He is under contract for two more years.

Remember - 1) in any trade, the Texans would get him for only the base salaries and the Steelers would eat the dead money for bonuses and 2) if the Texans "could have" done it for $20 mil for Manning then they can do it for $12 for Big Ben.

steelbtexan
01-26-2014, 02:49 AM
Well it ain't happening so no point in getting too specific. They could go all sorts of ways. He is under contract for two more years.

Remember - 1) in any trade, the Texans would get him for only the base salaries and the Steelers would eat the dead money for bonuses and 2) if the Texans "could have" done it for $20 mil for Manning then they can do it for $12 for Big Ben.

Agreed/Agreed

DBCooper
01-26-2014, 06:08 AM
Temporary?

5 yrs? I'm in

My lawyer has advised me on my use of the word "temporary" in this case and I have already issued my clarifying statement.

steelbtexan
01-26-2014, 11:22 AM
My lawyer has advised me on my use of the word "temporary" in this case and I have already issued my clarifying statement.

Got ya,

Would you be willing to trade 1-1 for Big Ben?

DX-TEX
01-26-2014, 11:34 AM
Trade pick #33 for Ben, trade down with Cleveland for their 2 first rounders, draft Bortles at #4 as Bens heir. DONE!

PAY ME RICK!

JB
01-26-2014, 12:06 PM
Trade pick #33 for Ben, trade down with Cleveland for their 2 first rounders, draft Bortles at #4 as Bens heir. DONE!

PAY ME RICK!

If only it were so easy :brando:

DBCooper
01-26-2014, 12:34 PM
Got ya,

Would you be willing to trade 1-1 for Big Ben?

No.

Texian
01-26-2014, 01:28 PM
Yes, forcing himself on a coed who, along with her friends, was wearing a T-shirt that declared, "Down to F..."

By the way, he's married and a father (and about to have No. 2). Give him an f-ing break.

You should probably chill and re-examine the scope of the conversation.

carter08
01-26-2014, 01:53 PM

Because wearing that shirt means she is down to sleep with EVERYONE.

Please, don't use a woman's choice of clothing to justify sexual assault.

HJam72
01-26-2014, 02:18 PM

I don't think it'll happen, but I agree, and this is ANOTHER one we'd be stupid not to take advantage of.

Marshall
01-26-2014, 02:19 PM
Is that NFL or MLB that can't be traded. I was thinking the latter. It is the former.

Marshall
01-26-2014, 02:24 PM
Agreed/Agreed

Can he be healthy again? I smell a rat.

bah007
01-26-2014, 03:04 PM
Second round pick. LOL.

Ask yourselves this question. If Ben was our QB and the Steelers were asking for him, what would it take to trade him away with nobody on our squad set to replace him?

It would take at least two 1st round picks to get him away from Pittsburgh. Easily.

Marshall
01-26-2014, 03:07 PM

No. I will give him a break of most any other kind though.

Goatcheese
01-26-2014, 03:08 PM
I'm just about desperate enough to see AJ get a ring that I would say yes.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKma1dnTCcwbNAIPLZZmvoIJFXTRTBE wNbNNSo0ZGgQIsU1Dbe

Marshall
01-26-2014, 03:11 PM
He's 32 yrs old ? How much are you willing to pay for a former SB winning QB that can give you 5-8 yrs of the best QB play this franchise has ever seen?

Why do you give BR the benefit of the doubt and not our own? He's in his declining years. Let him bleed the Steelers dry with an overpriced contract in a couple of years.

HJam72
01-26-2014, 03:43 PM
I'd be happy to let Matt Schaub bleed the Steelers dry for a few years.

DX-TEX
01-26-2014, 04:06 PM
If only it were so easy :brando:

It is that easy. I just did it.

All we have to do know is sit and wait for the Suberbowl wins to flow in.

JB
01-26-2014, 05:06 PM
It is that easy. I just did it.

All we have to do know is sit and wait for the Suberbowl wins to flow in.

:spit: :fans:

kingtexan
01-26-2014, 05:09 PM
Long thread for a simple answer ... no.

JB
01-26-2014, 05:21 PM
Long thread for a simple answer ... no.

I think you're in the minority

Speedy
01-26-2014, 06:30 PM

You say that like you think the majority opinion means anything.

Big Lou
01-26-2014, 08:10 PM

Put me solidly in the minority camp then. Not just no, but he'll no. Never really liked the guy. There is something that rubs me the wrong way about the guy. I just don't see him as that good a QB. If we gave up a 2nd to get him, maybe he'd prove me wrong, but just not a fan. 2.1 is a pretty damn nice pick to have.

I'd almost rather take a QB in the 1st and 2nd and see what happens, even though that would be pretty unorthodox and we have a lot of holes to fill.

I just hate that some of our stars need to get to the SB in the next year or two and we'd be so much better off at the QB position tanking in 2014 and drafting high in 2015.

JB
01-26-2014, 09:36 PM
You say that like you think the majority opinion means anything.

nope, just making an observation

JB
01-26-2014, 09:38 PM
Put me solidly in the minority camp then. Not just no, but he'll no. Never really liked the guy. There is something that rubs me the wrong way about the guy. I just don't see him as that good a QB. If we gave up a 2nd to get him, maybe he'd prove me wrong, but just not a fan. 2.1 is a pretty damn nice pick to have.

I'd almost rather take a QB in the 1st and 2nd and see what happens, even though that would be pretty unorthodox and we have a lot of holes to fill.

I just hate that some of our stars need to get to the SB in the next year or two and we'd be so much better off at the QB position tanking in 2014 and drafting high in 2015.

I've never liked him all that much either, but he would be far and away the best qb this team has ever had. And is head and shoulders better than anyone we could draft in the 1st or second round this year for this upcoming year

Nitrofish
01-27-2014, 05:17 AM
As far as Rape allegations go. I find it humorous that there was never a conviction. Personally, if someone raped me (Who could be so desperate?) there is no amount of money that would keep me from making sure that person paid with a prison term, losing everything they had in the process and branding them a rapist forever!

And yeah, if a woman wears a revealing shirt and her tits are hanging out, then she yells at someone for staring at her tits, I would say that it pretty stupid, and asking for trouble. A shirt that reads "I'm down to f...." speaks volumes about her character, and why she was there that night. The fact that after the fact someone possibly whispered in her ear "This is a payday girl" makes the whole thing suspect.

It's not like there are gold diggers out there right? Sure Ben is at fault for getting himself into that situation, and it speaks to his character flaws as well, but remind me again who is without them?

If Ben were a Rapist, he would not be able to stop, and would eventually get caught where a payoff would not work. Most likely, it was consensual, and turned into a "pay me or I will ruin your career" kind of a thing.

None of us were there, and he is not in jail, so take it for what it is worth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OBPaenkxdg

Oh and for the record, I would welcome Big Ben to the Texans with open arms, and agree he would be the best QB the club has ever had. But then again why not pick up Bortles in the draft who in my eyes is allot like Ben, and then you have your franchise guy. Will Bortles ever be as good as Ben? WTFK? But he certainly has the potential to be.

Seegara
01-27-2014, 10:47 AM
As far as Rape allegations go. I find it humorous that there was never a conviction. Personally, if someone raped me (Who could be so desperate?) there is no amount of money that would keep me from making sure that person paid with a prison term, losing everything they had in the process and branding them a rapist forever!

And yeah, if a woman wears a revealing shirt and her tits are hanging out, then she yells at someone for staring at her tits, I would say that it pretty stupid, and asking for trouble. A shirt that reads "I'm down to f...." speaks volumes about her character, and why she was there that night. The fact that after the fact someone possibly whispered in her ear "This is a payday girl" makes the whole thing suspect.

It's not like there are gold diggers out there right? Sure Ben is at fault for getting himself into that situation, and it speaks to his character flaws as well, but remind me again who is without them?

If Ben were a Rapist, he would not be able to stop, and would eventually get caught where a payoff would not work. Most likely, it was consensual, and turned into a "pay me or I will ruin your career" kind of a thing.

Oh and for the record, I would welcome Big Ben to the Texans with open arms, and agree he would be the best QB the club has ever had. But then again why not pick up Bortles in the draft who in my eyes is allot like Ben, and then you have your franchise guy. Will Bortles ever be as good as Ben? WTFK? But he certainly has the potential to be.
I wouldn't rape you, but you could probably seduce me.
You all are making it sound like the female in Ben's case would be impossible to rape.

A big part of Ben's price would be the salary he required, from a team in cap trouble. I'd rather draft Bortles, or maybe Carr.

silvrhand
01-27-2014, 11:01 AM

Being in Pittsburgh for a while Ben has done some really stupid stuff, it's not just the rape allegations, the motorcycle wrecks, the run ins with Teddy Bradshaw, the laziness in offseason antics, and other issues.

I'd say no, if the Roonies are looking to get rid of him it's because he's created a major issue that they can't work out and offloading him is their best choice with no QB in the waiting.. beware..

Now that all being said maybe he's turned the corner, but in his early years there have definitely been multiple incidents. It would require some investigation for sure.

kingtexan
01-27-2014, 11:29 AM

As is the case with most things in life, there are more people wrong than right.

infantrycak
01-27-2014, 11:36 AM
Being in Pittsburgh for a while Ben has done some really stupid stuff, it's not just the rape allegations, the motorcycle wrecks, the run ins with Teddy Bradshaw, the laziness in offseason antics, and other issues.

I'd say no, if the Roonies are looking to get rid of him it's because he's created a major issue that they can't work out and offloading him is their best choice with no QB in the waiting.. beware..

Now that all being said maybe he's turned the corner, but in his early years there have definitely been multiple incidents. It would require some investigation for sure.

There is a gigantic difference between wanting to get rid of someone and not wanting to pay someone like Peyton Manning. That difference more than swallows any thought of doing it to offload a two time SB winner because of misconduct/alleged misconduct a decade ago. If those were their primary issues they would have dumped him as a 1 SB winner with one of the worst SB QB performances ever instead of giving him his current contract.

JB
01-27-2014, 11:40 AM
As is the case with most things in life, there are more people wrong than right.

Because they disagree with you?

Playoffs
01-27-2014, 11:43 AM

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3916589/bigben_medium.gif

Nitrofish
01-27-2014, 12:11 PM

Todd Haily has done more to ruin that team than BR. As Cak said, if they look to move him, it is more about his salary than anything dumb he has done while with the Steelers.

Seems like you guys expect these guys to stop living their lives because they play football. So he had a motorcycle crash. So what? Is he not allowed to spend any of the cash he earned and ride a motorcycle? I mean if it is was in his contract ok, but geeeez. Give the guy a break.

kingtexan
01-27-2014, 12:15 PM
Because they disagree with you?

Just a general statement.

silvrhand
01-27-2014, 12:55 PM
There is a gigantic difference between wanting to get rid of someone and not wanting to pay someone like Peyton Manning. That difference more than swallows any thought of doing it to offload a two time SB winner because of misconduct/alleged misconduct a decade ago. If those were their primary issues they would have dumped him as a 1 SB winner with one of the worst SB QB performances ever instead of giving him his current contract.

- his team voted him off as captain in 2010 (not too long ago)
- he has had multiple issues with his current offensive coordinator
- he was never able to finish a full year of getting the crap kicked out of him because he held onto the ball FOREVER.
- he's lazy in the offseason, look how fat he gets it's insane, and this isn't the first time it's been brought up.
- this is one of the first seasons he's started all 16 games!

The biggest problem with the Steelers is they no longer have Cowher.

silvrhand
01-27-2014, 01:00 PM
Todd Haily has done more to ruin that team than BR. As Cak said, if they look to move him, it is more about his salary than anything dumb he has done while with the Steelers.

Seems like you guys expect these guys to stop living their lives because they play football. So he had a motorcycle crash. So what? Is he not allowed to spend any of the cash he earned and ride a motorcycle? I mean if it is was in his contract ok, but geeeez. Give the guy a break.

whatever, I expect him to abide by his contract, and riding a motorcycle in Pittsburgh without a helmet was a dumb move, if you have lived there then you understand. Once of the worst city traffic patterns ever, and potholes everywhere and ridiculous conditions...

Nothing like going across a metal grate bridge in rain on a motorcycle.

gary
01-27-2014, 01:19 PM
I would trade for Ben.

Double Barrel
01-27-2014, 03:03 PM
I do not think the Steelers will let him go.

As for the Texans, I'd welcome him here in a heartbeat. Dude has the clutch-gene, and his two rings in three appearances prove it.

As far as the rape allegations, was he convicted? No. Why the rush to judgment when NONE of us were there. Seems like basing an OPINION on nothing more than hearsay, and most of the OPINIONS that bring it up don't like the guy to begin with. The tar and feather crowd are so sanctimonious in their condemnations that I marvel at the perfect lives they have always led. Y'all are amazing in your perfection.

Mr teX
01-27-2014, 03:25 PM

I don't see Ben lasting for 8 more years..like everyone says he's got about 5 left before he drops off a cliff....and we'd be extremely fortunate to have 3 of those 5 highly productive with no injuries based on how he plays.

infantrycak
01-27-2014, 03:58 PM
- his team voted him off as captain in 2010 (not too long ago)

No they did not elect him captain when he was about to serve a 6 game suspension for an assault allegation which was ultimately dropped by the supposed victim and declined to prosecute by the DA. Next election he was back to team captain.

- he has had multiple issues with his current offensive coordinator

An OC who many thought was a poor choice, who has accomplished no improvement of the O and there is conjecture may not return next season.

- he was never able to finish a full year of getting the crap kicked out of him because he held onto the ball FOREVER.

Pull out the non-football reasons and he hasn't missed much time at all - 7 games in 10 seasons.

- he's lazy in the offseason, look how fat he gets it's insane, and this isn't the first time it's been brought up.

Don't care because he performs during the season.

ChampionTexan
01-27-2014, 04:01 PM

Do most people believe this?

Playoffs
01-27-2014, 04:12 PM

Yep. Yep Yep. Yep.

Bulls on Parade
01-27-2014, 04:17 PM
We could have drafted him but selected Dunta Robinson instead.

kingtexan
01-27-2014, 06:15 PM

Most likely very few believe it because of its accuracy.

Tolar's Ghost
01-27-2014, 06:37 PM
Because wearing that shirt means she is down to sleep with EVERYONE.

Please, don't use a woman's choice of clothing to justify sexual assault.

Do you need help getting off your high horse?

If the authorities were at all clear on what happened, he would have been charged. They weren't, and he wasn't.

No question he did some stupid things. But it's obvious he's grown up a lot.

silvrhand
01-28-2014, 07:44 AM
Do you need help getting off your high horse?

If the authorities were at all clear on what happened, he would have been charged. They weren't, and he wasn't.

No question he did some stupid things. But it's obvious he's grown up a lot.

Has he grown up or just better at hiding them, that's the question.

b0ng
01-28-2014, 09:05 AM
Do you really think the Steelers are just going to release him? If they do, especially without a protege of some sort to step in, I think that points to their FO losing faith in his abilities more than anything else and that is worrisome.

thunderkyss
01-28-2014, 09:36 AM

I would think the Keenum hopefuls would also be onboard with this.

Signing Mallet or Ben, or any vet to a long term deal keeps Keenum as the #2, an injury away from getting on the field for yet another opportunity to prove he belongs in the NFL.

If we get a first day rookie, & an also ran vet Keenum is back to running the scout team.

Tolar's Ghost
01-28-2014, 08:45 PM
Do you really think the Steelers are just going to release him?..

You're kidding, right?

Just go here and ask that:

http://www.steelernation.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?5-Football-Only

steelbtexan
01-28-2014, 09:00 PM
Why do you give BR the benefit of the doubt and not our own? He's in his declining years. Let him bleed the Steelers dry with an overpriced contract in a couple of years.

Schaub? Is damaged goods. The Texans don't have a QB right now. Roethlisberger is a proven winner who should be good for 5 yrs. He's better than any QB in this draft.

If you watched Roethlisbergers and Schaub last yr there's no comparison. Roethlisberger is the man and a 2 time SB winner who has made it to 3 SB's. Schaub? Last yr was Roethlisberger's best yr. Schaub?

Brady and Manning still seem to be playing well at 37. So age isn't a consideration for me.

steelbtexan
01-28-2014, 09:07 PM

Yep

Those 3 time SB QB's that lead their teams on last minute SB winning drives just aren't good QB's.

aussie_texan
01-28-2014, 09:42 PM
if he was available for a 2nd round pick and some pick next year. this is a no brainer you go and get him. but i doubt the steelers want only this.

HJam72
01-29-2014, 07:36 AM
They can have Schaub, LOL.

Thorn
01-29-2014, 09:26 AM

I do.