PDA

View Full Version : SuperBowl ... Who you got?

Pages : [1] 2

kingtexan
01-20-2014, 07:56 PM
Ok, didn't see one yet, so who ya pickin?

Rational thought says if it is good weather the Broncos should have it, and if it is NY in February weather the Seahawks have the edge. I am going to have to stick with the QB who wanted to be a Texan, and would have led this team to a championship if not for Smithiak.

Broncos win!

Marshall
01-20-2014, 08:01 PM
Ok, didn't see one yet, so who ya pickin?

Rational thought says if it is good weather the Broncos should have it, and if it is NY in February weather the Seahawks have the edge. I am going to have to stick with the QB who wanted to be a Texan, and would have led this team to a championship if not for Smithiak.

Broncos win!

I'm sick of the QB is the only important player line so I want the best TEAM over the best QB. Go Seattle!

HJam72
01-20-2014, 08:09 PM
I think what I'm sick of is the Texans organization ignoring the fact that getting the best QB you can get really matters in this don't-touch-the-QB-or-the-receivers league. Maybe they will learn a little more lesson from watching a QB they could've had 2 years ago win another Superbowl.

You play to win it all, not just division championships, and when you get a chance to nab a HOF QB, you take that risk. I don't care if you're a control freak who doesn't like audibles.

steelbtexan
01-20-2014, 08:16 PM
If it's snowing Seattle

Clear weather Denver

Marshall
01-20-2014, 08:17 PM
I think what I'm sick of is the Texans organization ignoring the fact that getting the best QB you can get really matters in this don't-touch-the-QB-or-the-receivers league. Maybe they will learn a little more lesson from watching a QB they could've had 2 years ago win another Superbowl.

You play to win it all, not just division championships, and when you get a chance to nab a HOF QB, you take that risk. I don't care if you're a control freak who doesn't like audibles.

Once again, the point is that there is little confidence that any of the good QBs will be elite, much less HOF. You presume at least one is. We presume not. They don't come around every year.

CretorFrigg
01-20-2014, 08:34 PM
If it's snowing Seattle

Clear weather Denver

Wouldn't Denver be more used to the snow?

Anyways, I have Denver winning. Peyton Manning is unstoppable right now. He's leading the the best all-time scoring offense in NFL history. Imagine if Ryan Clady or Von Miller weren't hurt. That's a team right there.

StarStruck
01-20-2014, 08:36 PM
Broncos. It would be nice to see Manny Ramirez, Houston/Willowridge get a ring as well as Peyton.

Speedy
01-20-2014, 09:42 PM
If the Seahawks can hold Drew Brees to 0 points through 3 quarters and 15 points total, I don't see why they can't hold Manning down.

I picked the Seahawks-Broncos to be in the Super Bowl before the season started with Seattle taking the Lombardi.

Gonna stick with the 'Hawks.

chicagotexan2
01-20-2014, 10:44 PM
Unless Seattles offense get its act together I don't se them beating Denver. Ill go Denver 31 Seattle 21.

eriadoc
01-21-2014, 12:46 AM
I picked Seattle. I've been a distant Seahawks fan ever since the days of Largent. Oilers/Texans have always been my team, but beyond that, I seem to always pull for the Seahawks when they aren't facing us (which isn't often).

Plus, I have to admit - a dark part of me would relish watching Manning choke in the big game again. :)

revan
01-21-2014, 02:27 AM
Seattle. I dont care if he is with a new team but I will always hate Manning for being a Dolt and killing us for a decade.

Wolf6151
01-21-2014, 03:20 AM
I'm picking Seattle in the Super Bowl. I think the Broncos are very good, but I don't think they can hang with Seattles speed and physicality. After watching both teams several times this season, the Seahawks are clearly the better team. Seahawks by a touchdown.

Norg
01-21-2014, 03:38 AM
I don't care

what do u think the story lines would be if it was Texans vs seahawks in the SB

Dutchrudder
01-21-2014, 09:58 AM
I'm pulling for Seattle. I'd love to see the best defense in the NFL completely wreck the best QB in the NFL. I think the Broncos will win, but I really don't want to see that. I don't care about Peyton's legacy, or much of anyone on the team, but I am glad they beat the Patriots :)

kingtexan
01-21-2014, 12:10 PM
If the Seahawks can hold Drew Brees to 0 points through 3 quarters and 15 points total, I don't see why they can't hold Manning down.

Comparing Brees and Manning? ... :mariopalm:

Double Barrel
01-21-2014, 12:46 PM
Man, this is a tough call. I'm not even sure who I want to win, much less who I think will win.

I will definitely give both some thought and vote later... :thinking:

Mr teX
01-21-2014, 12:53 PM
It's definitely a tough call...

I'd like to see Manning win it to solidify himself as the G.O.A.T....but Seattle matches up extremely well with what the Broncos like to do.....

It's honestly a toss up with too many factors in play to decide on 1 team or another.

brakos82
01-21-2014, 01:00 PM
I voted Seahawks (partly due to hometown pride), but it's gonna be one damn good game either way.

Thorn
01-21-2014, 01:02 PM
I voted Seahawks because that's who I want to win.

2012Champs
01-21-2014, 01:18 PM
Im a big Manning fan and I would like to see him get another ring. He is playing well enough to top the Hawks D. I think given his ability to read the D and make changes, even against the best D Manning has the advantage presnap so its all about the execution. The hawks started at a 1.5 favorite in Vegas and it has swung to 2-2.5 Denver fav

Speedy
01-21-2014, 03:12 PM
Comparing Brees and Manning? ... :mariopalm:

Yeah, you're right. Brees beat Manning in their Super Bowl matchup. My bad.

2012Champs
01-21-2014, 04:05 PM

Talking about years past isnt always an apples to apples comparison to the current year

kingtexan
01-21-2014, 06:26 PM

Don't get me wrong, I am a big Brees fan, but Manning IMO is in a class by himself.

Speedy
01-21-2014, 08:37 PM
Talking about years past isnt always an apples to apples comparison to the current year

You mean the current year where Brees still threw for 5,162 yards and 39 TD? Sure Peyton topped that this year but that's still a monster season. So yeah, it's not really a stretch to compare the 2 even just this season.

2012Champs
01-21-2014, 10:08 PM
You mean the current year where Brees still threw for 5,162 yards and 39 TD? Sure Peyton topped that this year but that's still a monster season. So yeah, it's not really a stretch to compare the 2 even just this season.

Brees monster season wasn't just topped by Manning 16 tds extra over 40% more than Brees, two less ints 300 more yards on 9 more attempts. Manning was in a league of his own

Speedy
01-22-2014, 07:43 AM
Brees monster season wasn't just topped by Manning 16 tds extra over 40% more than Brees, two less ints 300 more yards on 9 more attempts. Manning was in a league of his own

Oh gosh, how did he ever lose 3 games then? OK, I get it. Manning's a god.

kingtexan
01-22-2014, 07:44 AM

There should be an age requirement for this site. Preferably over 12 ...

Speedy
01-22-2014, 07:49 AM

Yeah, you're right. Make ignorant statements like you can't compare Brees and Manning, then start taking shots at someone who calls you on that bull****, maybe your parents should take your internet privileges away for awhile.

Marshall
01-22-2014, 07:50 AM

Dislexic poster. I think he meant Manning's a Dog.

HOU-TEX
01-22-2014, 10:21 AM
Astros

2012Champs
01-22-2014, 10:57 AM

You can act like a kid of you want but the year Brees had isn't comparable to Manning. Manning threw 40% more TDs 16% less ints and 300 more yards on 9 more attempts. They aren't comparable years

infantrycak
01-22-2014, 11:06 AM
You can act like a kid of you want but the year Brees had isn't comparable to Manning. Manning threw 40% more TDs 16% less ints and 300 more yards on 9 more attempts. They aren't comparable years

I don't even agree with Speedy's overall point and think this is a whack argument. They are elite QBs and worthy of discussion. It's not like every game from either one has been perfectly consistent all season. Manning had a crap game this magical season against NE. OTOH non-elite Schaub torched the Seattle passing D. Frankly that goes against Speedy's "Seattle is just too good" argument more than haggling over Brees being incomparable to Manning.

Dread-Head
01-22-2014, 11:36 AM
The Seahawks had a good record, BUT they also had a fairly weak schedule and honestly many of their wins were by narrow margins. They play dirty and for the most part the refs made some seriously bull ISHT calls in their favor. The story of THIS Superbowl is Payton Manning.
The league wants him to go out on top as it makes a great narrative just like last year with Ray Lewis. The league wants it to happen and honestly Denver is a better rounded team than Seattle.

Denver by 10.

Speedy
01-22-2014, 01:14 PM
I don't even agree with Speedy's overall point and think this is a whack argument. They are elite QBs and worthy of discussion. It's not like every game from either one has been perfectly consistent all season. Manning had a crap game this magical season against NE. OTOH non-elite Schaub torched the Seattle passing D. Frankly that goes against Speedy's "Seattle is just too good" argument more than haggling over Brees being incomparable to Manning.

All I said is that the Seahawks held Brees down, it's not inconceivable that they can't do the same to the great Peyton Manning. I never even said Seattle is "just too good". I said they held Brees in check. That's it. Then somebody says I can't compare Brees to Manning? WTF is that?

Speedy
01-22-2014, 01:38 PM
And by the way, somebody remind me how Brady's 50 TD greatest season of all time ended again.

2012Champs
01-22-2014, 02:00 PM
And by the way, somebody remind me how Brady's 50 TD greatest season of all time ended again.

50 tds isnt the greatest of all time mark now is it? The end result however isnt the end all to one person's performance just as there have been super bowl QBs who play average football

2012Champs
01-22-2014, 02:02 PM

Well we were talking about a season's worth of work not game to game. At the end you can compare anything but the performance gap is a rather large one

bah007
01-22-2014, 02:16 PM
The Seahawks had a good record, BUT they also had a fairly weak schedule and honestly many of their wins were by narrow margins. They play dirty and for the most part the refs made some seriously bull ISHT calls in their favor. The story of THIS Superbowl is Payton Manning.
The league wants him to go out on top as it makes a great narrative just like last year with Ray Lewis. The league wants it to happen and honestly Denver is a better rounded team than Seattle.

Denver by 10.

I agree with everything in your post except the bolded. That's kind of an odd claim. I don't think anybody has ever accused Seattle of playing dirty.

infantrycak
01-22-2014, 02:25 PM
Well we were talking about a season's worth of work not game to game.

I think it is pretty clear only part of "we" was focused on the season as a whole.

Keep in mind the title to the thread.

htowntexans1985
01-22-2014, 03:17 PM
Looks more like its going to be snowing come game time. Seattle and Beast Mode might run away with this one.

Marshall
01-22-2014, 03:19 PM
Looks more like its going to be snowing come game time. Seattle and Beast Mode might run away with this one.

There's snow and then there's SNOW!

2012Champs
01-22-2014, 03:24 PM

wunderground doesnt go out to next sunday but it shows all next week up to friday with decent weather high of 33 low of 17 with a 10% chance of precip winds 6-8 mph

htownfan32
01-22-2014, 03:58 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BegqvgUCEAA3E2N.jpg

Cred to Blake for finding this

Playoffs
01-22-2014, 07:03 PM
The All-22: Denver’s receiver corps a nightmare for defenses to defend (http://nfl.si.com/2014/01/22/denver-broncos-wide-receivers-super-bowl-xlviii/)

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Anyone want to order an official Super Bowl XVLIII game program at a discount? Go to superbowlprogram.us & use code SB48W at checkout.

DBCooper
01-22-2014, 07:15 PM
Broncos.

I have been watching Russell Wilson the last couple of games and the bright lights are making him a little skittish and hesitant. Manning won't have that problem on the big Super Bowl stage.

I like Seattles defense but if anyone can beat them it would be Manning and those huge WR's (and the little fast one too).

IDEXAN
01-23-2014, 08:12 AM
wunderground doesnt go out to next sunday but it shows all next week up to friday with decent weather high of 33 low of 17 with a 10% chance of precip winds 6-8 mph
Looks like they might get lucky for the Jersey SB because temps in the 30s would practically be balmy & comfortable compared to what they've been having back there lately.

Double Barrel
01-23-2014, 11:51 AM

One of those two QBs thew a pick 6 in that Super Bowl. Hmmmm, which one was it again?.... :thinking:

I agree with everything in your post except the bolded. That's kind of an odd claim. I don't think anybody has ever accused Seattle of playing dirty.

I don't get the dirty tag, either. They are physical and aggressive, but I guess some guys like their football to be nice and marshmallowy. They play through the whistle, but that's not dirty. Just good old school style football.

I think I'll root for the Seahawks in this one. The overwhelming hype on Manning would be in full gear if he wins this game, and they might even change the name of the trophy from the Lombardi award to the Peyton is God Trophy and call it the Peyton Manning Football Hall of Fame.

Plus, I like great defenses, and seeing that the Seahawks have never won a SB, I think I'll be a 'hawks fan for a day.

2012Champs
01-23-2014, 12:22 PM
Looks like they might get lucky for the Jersey SB because temps in the 30s would practically be balmy & comfortable compared to what they've been having back there lately.

Weather channels forecast has dropped from60% to 10% precip Friday. Wunderground shows highs at 23 Sunday sunny to partly cloudy and 10-20mph winds.

deucetx
01-23-2014, 02:41 PM
I'll roll Seattle in this one despite being a Peyton fan. Just appreciate strong defense and how those guys play on the field not to mention the respect I have for Wilson and Lynch. Can care less about Carroll but it's about the players and their style of play more for me than the coaches.

mattieuk
01-23-2014, 03:34 PM
I'm routing for Seattle, and I think they'll get it done.

It is probably the best Superbowl matchup of recent years, in my opinion. Both teams being there have very little to do with momentum - and both had stellar regular season campaigns.

In the battle of Broncos Offense vs Seattle Defense I think that it will be a push, and Seattle Offense vs Broncos Offense, I think Seattle can put an extra 7 over the Broncos in the 60 minutes.

A fantastic matchup for both the neutral and the teams' fans though!

revan
01-24-2014, 08:30 AM
My guess is we wont see these two teams in the superbowl for a while. Seattle for one has good players that are still in their rookie contract set to make those big bucks. And Broncos are only as good as long as Manning is under center because no way will a Brock Osweiler do what Manning is doing right now.

IDEXAN
01-24-2014, 08:45 AM
Weather channels forecast has dropped from60% to 10% precip Friday. Wunderground shows highs at 23 Sunday sunny to partly cloudy and 10-20mph winds.
High around 23 with 10 MPH winds & gusting to 20 MPH. That could translate into a pretty nasty Wind-Chill with 6:30 KO meaning no sunshine.

Playoffs
01-24-2014, 11:13 AM
The All-22: The four faces of Seattle’s stellar secondary (http://nfl.si.com/2014/01/23/seattle-seahawks-secondary-richard-sherman-earl-thomas-kam-chancellor/)
There’s been a lot said about the Seattle Seahawks’ secondary this season, and the discussion seems to be evenly split between the group’s predilection for postgame rants and issues with certain NFL policies as much as it’s been about their tremendous play. And that’s a shame, because this secondary has everything required to face off against Peyton Manning’s offense in what will be a tremendous Super Bowl XLVIII matchup...

http://sinfl.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/shermancrabtree1.jpg

brakos82
01-24-2014, 11:40 AM
Also, I feel it's worth noting.... none of the last 47 passing yards leaders have gone on to win the Super Bowl. (http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/1rzxl4/the_race_to_048/)

infantrycak
01-25-2014, 11:05 PM
Back on September 29, Texans quarterback Matt Schaub threw for 355 yards in a wild 23-20 overtime loss to Seattle. That’s the high-water mark for passing yards against the Seahawks this season. Only one other quarterback — the Saints’ Drew Brees — has exceeded 300 gross passing yards against Seattle.

Link (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/25/oddsmaker-sets-peyton-mannings-passing-yardage-total-at-323-5/)

TexansSeminole
01-25-2014, 11:41 PM
Placed a preseason bet on Seahawks so rooting for them.

beerlover
01-26-2014, 12:52 AM
smart fans here, say Broncos so that should be house money. Being from the NW GO SEAHAWKS http://media.trb.com/media/alternatethumbnails/story/2011-10/328335040-10164319.jpg

HJam72
01-26-2014, 03:26 PM
Also, I feel it's worth noting.... none of the last 47 passing yards leaders have gone on to win the Super Bowl. (http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/1rzxl4/the_race_to_048/)

That's an interesting stat, but I looked at it and, going back to Dan Marino, half of those QBs have won a Superbowl in at least one other year. Plus, I'm guessing they had a lot of those best passing years when they had a bad running game, giving them more chances to pass, but fewer chances to win games. I know that was the case with He-Who-is-Named-Schwaubie.

Playoffs
01-26-2014, 09:30 PM
http://www.weather.com/weather/holiday/super-bowl/East+Rutherford+NJ+07073:4:US

Looking like ~30° and winds below 10 mph with 30% chance of precipitation.

Dread-Head
01-27-2014, 11:08 AM

Did you watch the playoff game with Frisco? Tagging the punter, obliterating a guy on a kick off return who had already let the ball sail PAST him and wasn't trying to recover it. THAT'S not playing dirty. I supposed J.J. Watt broke his OWN nose when playing them right?

bah007
01-27-2014, 01:43 PM
Did you watch the playoff game with Frisco? Tagging the punter, obliterating a guy on a kick off return who had already let the ball sail PAST him and wasn't trying to recover it. THAT'S not playing dirty. I supposed J.J. Watt broke his OWN nose when playing them right?

Tagging the punter? Or do you mean going for a block and missing and rolling into his plant leg? For which they were penalized..

I don't remember the kickoff play you're talking about but I do remember this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/20/jeremy-lane-sideline-49ers-seahawks_n_4632646.html

Which team was playing dirty again?

Watt gets an injury against a team and so automatically they are dirty? And for the record, Watt injured his nose chasing down and tackling the QB. He wasn't hit with a cheap shot or anything like that. So yeah, in a way he did break his own nose.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/29/jj-watt-bloody-nose-houston-texans/

You clearly do not like Seattle at all. That's fine. Who cares? We live in Houston and they aren't even in our conference. But you're acting kind of silly in this thread. It would be better if you just admitted you don't have a reason instead of just making stuff up.

Dread-Head
01-27-2014, 01:49 PM
Tagging the punter? Or do you mean going for a block and missing and rolling into his plant leg? For which they were penalized..

I don't remember the kickoff play you're talking about but I do remember this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/20/jeremy-lane-sideline-49ers-seahawks_n_4632646.html

Ball was already in the air the puter had BOTH feet on the ground and homie DELIBERATELY rolled into him. Yup Dirty as the carrion after which they're named. I sticking to that.

bah007
01-27-2014, 02:07 PM
Ball was already in the air the puter had BOTH feet on the ground and homie DELIBERATELY rolled into him. Yup Dirty as the carrion after which they're named. I sticking to that.

LOL. You're wrong but at least you stick to your guns.

Maragos was late getting there but had already left his feet to dive for the block. He hits the ground under Lee's right leg and slides into his plant leg. Right leg is still up in the air, having just kicked the ball.

It should have been called roughing instead of running into because Maragos hit Lee's plant leg. Refs messed that up. But there was nothing dirty about it.

Anything else? I notice you have no reply to the blatant cheap shot Jeremy Lane took on the SF sideline or the fact that there was nothing dirty about Watt's injury.

HJam72
01-27-2014, 02:59 PM
LOL. You're wrong but at least you stick to your guns.

Maragos was late getting there but had already left his feet to dive for the block. He hits the ground under Lee's right leg and slides into his plant leg. Right leg is still up in the air, having just kicked the ball.

It should have been called roughing instead of running into because Maragos hit Lee's plant leg. Refs messed that up. But there was nothing dirty about it.

Anything else? I notice you have no reply to the blatant cheap shot Jeremy Lane took on the SF sideline or the fact that there was nothing dirty about Watt's injury.

??? :brickwall:

Playoffs
01-27-2014, 08:21 PM
Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
DEN has only allowed 20 sacks in 18 games. SEA has allowed 51 sacks in 18 games. (regular season + postseason)

MEGA SWATT
01-27-2014, 09:11 PM
Hoping for Seahawk Win!

Seattle - Houston
Pete Carroll - Bill O'brien
Russell Wilson - Johnny Manziel:texflag:

Texan_Bill
01-27-2014, 09:21 PM
To me, ultimately it comes down to the conditions. It will be cold to be sure, but if the conditions are otherwise calm (i.e. no wind), the Broncos win (advantage Denver's O). If the conditions are blustery, advantage Seattle's "D"!

*EDIT*

There should've been an option "C" and/or "D": Weather conditions.

bah007
01-27-2014, 11:38 PM
??? :brickwall:

?...

Blake
01-28-2014, 09:56 AM
I think the Broncos are going to win. Peyton is having a magical season and I cant see Seattle being able to do enough to stop it. Weather may change things, but I am still going Broncos.

TexansBlood
01-28-2014, 10:34 AM
If it wasn't for the lucky ass play by Jacoby the Broncos probably win the Superbowl last year.

No way they lose this year.

b0ng
01-28-2014, 11:17 AM
Picked Seahawks, no rag rets.

IDEXAN
01-28-2014, 11:40 AM
Mayweather, a prolific gambler, has reportedly plonked almost $15 million on the Broncos to salute in American football's biggest game, to be played on Monday (EDT) against the Seattle Seahawks.

The Vegas Gambling Steam Twitter feed revealed Mayweather had slapped the monumental AU$11.86 million wager on the Broncos to beat the Seattle Seahawks by more than two points.
Other reports have Mayweather also betting $2.96 million on the Broncos to be leading at half-time.

The bets are so enormous that they will likely have affected betting lines at some agencies.

As no betting company would be stupid enough to take the bets on their own, Mayweather reportedly used seven different agencies and four offshore accounts in order to make his giant gambles possible.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/more-sports/floyd-money-mayweather-bets-15m-on-denver-broncos-to-win-super-bowl/story-fnhq61vz-1226812115649

Playoffs
01-28-2014, 11:50 AM
plonked almost $15 million on the Broncos to salute in American football's biggest game...

Because $10 million isn't enough to get his juices flowing, and $20 million would have been gauche. :kitten:

Never seen "salute" used in that way before.

Playoffs
01-28-2014, 12:19 PM
Ryan McCrystal ‏@Ryan_McCrystal
Interesting Super Bowl story line…

SEA defense only saw 62 no-huddle plays this season (3rd fewest)…

DEN offense ran 537 no-huddle plays (2nd most)

2012Champs
01-28-2014, 01:26 PM
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/more-sports/floyd-money-mayweather-bets-15m-on-denver-broncos-to-win-super-bowl/story-fnhq61vz-1226812115649

the vegas gambling stream says 7 shops and 4 offshores accounts are where the bets were made 10.4 million total with 8 million on credit

Corrosion
01-28-2014, 01:32 PM
SeaDucks .... Mainly because of the weather , they run the ball more than any team in the NFL and are built for those nasty cold weather games , the Bronco's .... not so much.

Mr teX
01-28-2014, 02:22 PM
I've held off on the poll, but i think the broncos take it....The no huddle will evenutally wear the Seahawks down & Moreno's gonna play a big role in that too with tons of draws and screens to him.

Playoffs
01-28-2014, 03:18 PM
Media day...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfFw7s0IgAENBFN.jpg
http://imgick.nj.com/home/njo-media/pgmain/img/star-ledger/photo/2014/01/photos-super-bowl-2014-media-day-f06b0d65fc799f1djpg-539ad483e5eac1ad.JPG
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/b2aff04f04caa0d6cb761450b3b86e08911eb942/c%3D320-0-4477-3123%26r%3Dx513%26c%3D680x510/local/-/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2014/01/28//1390925939000-USP-NFL--Super-Bowl-XLVIII-Denver-Broncos-Media-Da16.jpg

ChampionTexan
01-28-2014, 03:24 PM
I think the Broncos front seven will surprise folks, and do a creditable enough job keeping Beastmode in check that it's gonna be up to Wilson to generate offense, and he's not gonna be able to do it.

Peyton won't go nuts, but the weather will be a non-factor (no bitter cold, no precipiation, minimal wind) and he'll do enough against the Seahawks D to get the win. Broncos 20-13

Playoffs
01-28-2014, 04:43 PM
Tweets read bottom(oldest)-to-top...

Bucky Brooks ‏@BuckyBrooks
Coach told me to count on the @Broncos putting bait between the hashes to draw him up, with a vertical behind it for a HR #SuperBowlXLVIII

Coach told me to also expect the @Broncos to set a trap for #29 over the middle. He says #29 will jump routes from single-high position

Coach told me to also expect a ton of pivot and return routes to force @Seahawks DBs to flip their hips and run. Big CBs struggle w/COD

Coach said that #18 will throw the ball quick to his WRs in space on a ton of "catch and run" passes. Let his WRs do the work on RAC

The coach also told me to expect #88 to be used off the ball to give him some space to escape #25 jams at LOS. Also allows for rubs/picks

If that's the case, he told me to expect to see @Broncos use a lot of stack/bunch formations w/a ton of pick/rub routes #SuperBowlXLVIII

Coach said that @Seahawks have been so good playing Cover 1 (man)/Cover 3 (3-deep zone) that they might show up and do what they do..

When I asked the coach about @Seahawks preference for single-high safety coverage, he wondered if they would add a wrinkle w/extra week

Coach continued to tell me using the same plan the entire game will not work because #18 will crack the code & exploit weakness of coverage

This makes it tough to fool #18 despite constant movement by secondary.Coach also told me must change plans by Qtr. #SuperBowlXLVIII

Unlike most QBs who attempt to make pre-snap reads off the safeties, #18 can tell exactly what the D is in based on alignment of DL/LBs

Coach told me that you must also change the defensive front because #18 will recognize the coverage by simply reading the front 7..

Coach told me that it is important to constant change coverage to keep #18 guessing in the pocket. #SuperBowlXLVIII

I had a fascinating discussion with an AFC defensive coordinator about the challenges of defending @Broncos offense w/Peyton Manning..

BigBull
01-28-2014, 04:48 PM
I went with Seahawks, because I think the weather will be bad.

Double Barrel
01-28-2014, 05:04 PM
Tweets read bottom(oldest)-to-top...

Bucky Brooks ‏@BuckyBrooks

Very interesting. I think the Seahawks are one of the most physical teams in the league, and if they can get to Manning early and rough up his receivers, it could be a long day. Manning's known weakness are cold, wet, and/or getting hit early in games. They mentioned a stat on NFLN the other day for these categories, and Manning's record is abysmal when teams shake up his routine and knock him around. His record in incremental weather is horrible, as well. Indy's dome treated him well.

Should be a good matchup, because the Seahawks secondary is so good that they can man coverage every position. They'll knock the snot out of Welker if he tries that pick and roll block again. I'd expect they will greet him with a hit just as hard.

Playoffs
01-28-2014, 05:34 PM
Very interesting...Implications go down the chain. Wade's "no tricks" fronts. Manning reading coverage's solely through front seven looks. Changing DEF strategies by quarter. Importance of rubs, stacks, off ball sets to getting DBs off your WR. Setting up/baiting DBs. All the way down to hip-flip that we see at the Combine and the draft.

Strength against strength makes this one of the more interesting matchups for me. Don't forget about Broncos run DEF vs. Skittles. Pot roast! http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a4/Potroast.JPG

Playoffs
01-28-2014, 05:57 PM
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Pete Carroll was asked at #SBMediaDay ... "Is this a must win game?"

:lol:

HJam72
01-28-2014, 06:32 PM
One thing I know is if the Texans were in this game, it would be their Superbowl. :koolaid: :fans:

Double Barrel
01-28-2014, 06:50 PM
One thing I know is if the Texans were in this game, it would be their Superbowl. :koolaid: :fans:

No doubt. And they would be all like "biggest game of our lives" and all that stuff. :good:

Speedy
01-28-2014, 08:31 PM

No doubt. And they would be all like "biggest game of our lives" and all that stuff. :good:

There'd defeinitely be a TT poll up "Which is the Biggest Game in Texans History"

Carr Bombed
01-28-2014, 08:38 PM
There'd defeinitely be a TT poll up "Which is the Biggest Game in Texans History"

FML :kubepalm: so true

Carr Bombed
01-28-2014, 08:40 PM
Anyways, I got the Hawks winning 24 to 17.. with the forehead throwing 2 ints.

beerlover
01-28-2014, 08:47 PM
I'm a big Russell Wilson fan but not enough 12th man this time around. Peyton will cement his Hall of Fame career 28-24.

htownfan32
01-28-2014, 11:21 PM
I'm a big Russell Wilson fan but not enough 12th man this time around. Peyton will cement his Hall of Fame career 28-24.

What do you mean? I wasn't aware Aggies attended Seahawks games in large droves. :kitten:

Only kidding. I agree with you, score should be tight. Looking forward to a good game, and I'm pulling for (and believe in) the Broncos to win.

Playoffs
01-29-2014, 10:54 AM
More dumb SB questions...
“Someone asked me who on the team had the hottest wife?,” said Broncos tight end Julius Thomas.

Another asked Baldwin, “On the Seahawks, other than your quarterback, who’s the best quarterback?”

“Tavaris Jackson, obviously,” Baldwin said. “He’s the back-up.”

mattieuk
01-29-2014, 12:08 PM
Very interesting. I think the Seahawks are one of the most physical teams in the league, and if they can get to Manning early and rough up his receivers, it could be a long day. Manning's known weakness are cold, wet, and/or getting hit early in games. They mentioned a stat on NFLN the other day for these categories, and Manning's record is abysmal when teams shake up his routine and knock him around. His record in incremental weather is horrible, as well. Indy's dome treated him well.

Should be a good matchup, because the Seahawks secondary is so good that they can man coverage every position. They'll knock the snot out of Welker if he tries that pick and roll block again. I'd expect they will greet him with a hit just as hard.

I think this will be a key reason why the Seahawks defense outperform the Broncos offense. The Seahawks have a physical style I haven't seen across the year from any other team on a consistent basis. Their physicality with WRs doesn't allow quick plays, and their ability to break up offense's attempt to counter that with RB screens/drump offs backs it up.

If Peyton can't get the ball away quickly, Seattle will be able to get him moving around. A large part of the deciding matchup will be if the Bronco WRs can figure out a way to negate the physical attention they are going to get as soon as the ball is snapped (and I personally can't see it happening to a degree that will allow them to win the game).

Playoffs
01-30-2014, 12:45 PM
Analysis Notebook, SBXLVIII: Where Denver Attacks (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/30/analysis-notebook-sbxlviii-where-denver-attacks/)

The book on Peyton Manning used to be that you needed to confuse him to have a chance. You had to be able to show one thing and play another, to bait him into making poor decisions and mistakes, to get inside his head.

The Seahawks don’t do things that way. As Richard Sherman said when asked about it, “You can’t get in Peyton’s head, if you get in his head you’ll get lost”. The Seahawks aren’t going to try and confuse him, to outsmart him or to use smoke and mirrors to disguise what they’re trying to do. They’re going to do what they always do – line up in the way they play D and dare you to be better than they are.

You’ve got to respect that attitude...
Coming Across

The Seahawks often run a combination of man on the outside and zone across the middle, and the Broncos will use a series of plays that look to flood those zones and stretch specific areas of the defense.

Across the middle the combination of Welker and Julius Thomas will likely be huge. The pair can run a combination of high-low drag or crossing patterns that put the linebackers in a bind. Denver will likely also create this combination using a running back coming out of the backfield to achieve the same effect. They are looking to pressure the underneath coverage from both sides, and together with those hook and curl routes on the outside, stress one side of the defense until it cracks and provides one of the receivers with a window.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/ANRoutes4.jpg

MightyTExan
01-30-2014, 01:27 PM
Broncos- because of this

http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/52dc5ebfecad040f12c75724/peyton-manning-confetti.gif

The1ApplePie
01-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Seahawks. Because Pistol Pete and Richard Sherman are awesome.

I call that logic

BullNation4Life
01-30-2014, 06:54 PM
Broncos by 10

Seattle has a tough defense and Sherman is gonna shut it down, but he is only one man and the Broncos have 4 different receivers with 10+ TDs...

axman40
01-30-2014, 07:10 PM
I think the Broncos will win.

Giant Tiger
01-30-2014, 09:37 PM
I'll be cheering for the Seahawks, but the Broncos will win.

ObsiWan
01-30-2014, 11:34 PM
Same here.
Classic David v. Goliath game IMO.
Peyton, First overall pick, going for his GoaT legacy vs. the 3rd round guy who's too short for the position and was passed over by everyone, twice. Sorry but I gotta cheer for David.

For the record, I lost all respect for the Forehead when he stormed out of Reliant the first time we beat him here. No "good game". No "congratulations I'll get you next time". Just stormed out to the locker room. Where was that Manning "class" then.

I hope he gets shut out. But he won't. the Great Satan ...err Peyton will probably win.

Double Barrel
01-31-2014, 11:32 AM

Me, too.

I got three kinds of Skittles ready for Beast Mode! :aggressive:

My friend(s) coming over for the game rooting for the Broncos? No Skittles for YOU! :dangit:

ChampionTexan
01-31-2014, 11:54 AM
I got three kinds of Skittles ready for Beast Mode! :aggressive:

[/I] :dangit:

Hopefully this is one of them...
http://global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/U.S./skittles_lynch.jpg

BullNation4Life
01-31-2014, 02:11 PM
Same here.
Classic David v. Goliath game IMO.
Peyton, First overall pick, going for his GoaT legacy vs. the 3rd round guy who's too short for the position and was passed over by everyone, twice. Sorry but I gotta cheer for David.

For the record, I lost all respect for the Forehead when he stormed out of Reliant the first time we beat him here. No "good game". No "congratulations I'll get you next time". Just stormed out to the locker room. Where was that Manning "class" then.

I hope he gets shut out. But he won't. the Great Satan ...err Peyton will probably win.

If I lost to a team like the Texans, I would storm the hell out of the place too...

Was probably embarrassed to lose to such a JV football team...

Playoffs
01-31-2014, 08:34 PM
The Entire 2013 NFL Season In 160 Seconds -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoRtVIrikjc

JCTexan
01-31-2014, 09:15 PM
Seahawks 28-24.

Nitrofish
01-31-2014, 10:37 PM
It's going to be a blowout IMO. Denver wins by a landslide. Manning been there before, Hawks new to the pressure of a SB, and I think the more experienced QB wins. Pocket passers almost always win the SB.

Playoffs
02-01-2014, 06:27 PM
It's been quite a week of Super Bowl preview content at PFF. If you missed any of it along the way, here's a quick trip through all that was brought you; reading through this list will have you more than ready for the game. And don't miss the Pick'em -- your chance to win a free year of PFF Premium -- The PFF staff offers their picks and gives you the chance to chime in and win.

PFF Pick'em: Super Bowl XLVIII (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/02/01/pff-pickem-super-bowl-xlviii/)

Exploring the matchups unit by unit: Ben Stockwell and Neil Hornsby break down every possible matchup and point out the advantages at each stop.

Setting the Edge: Denver "O" vs. Seattle "D" (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/30/setting-the-edge-denver-offense-vs-seattle-defense/)
Setting the Edge: Seattle Offense vs. Denver Defense (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/29/setting-the-edge-seattle-offense-vs-denver-defense/)
Setting the Edge: Third Phase (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/28/setting-the-edge-third-phase/)

Deeper into Sundays strategy: Sam Monson dives into tactics that we might see play out on Sunday.

Analysis Notebook: Wide Rush (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/31/analysis-notebook-sbxlviii-wide-rush/)
Analysis Notebook: Where Denver Attacks (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/30/analysis-notebook-sbxlviii-where-denver-attacks/)
Analysis Notebook: The Option (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/29/analysis-notebook-sbxlviii-the-option/)

Who has been improving their play in the postseason? Ben Stockwell shows while some have upped their game in the playoffs, others have fallen off.

Stock Report: Super Bowl XLVIII (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/28/stock-report-super-bowl-xlviii/)

Stats and more stats: Nathan Jahnke offers quick bits from deep within the PFF database and Sam Monson illustrates must-see stats.

32 Observations: Super Bowl XLVIII (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/27/32-observations-super-bowl-xlviii/)
Super Bowl XLVIII: Infographic (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/27/super-bowl-xlvii-infographic/)

Profiles of the game's key players: The PFF staff gets into the numbers for some of the players expected to be crucial to Super Bowl success.

Seattle:

Richard Sherman (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/31/super-bowl-profile-richard-sherman/)
Brandon Mebane (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/30/super-bowl-profile-brandon-mebane/)
Seahawks WRs (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/29/super-bowl-profile-seahawks-wide-receivers/)
Marshawn Lynch (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/28/super-bowl-profile-marshawn-lynch/)

Denver:

Peyton Manning (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/31/super-bowl-profile-peyton-manning/)
Champ Bailey & Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/30/super-bowl-profile-denver-cornerbacks/)
Broncos WRs (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/29/super-bowl-profile-broncos-wide-receivers/)
Terrance Knighton (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/28/super-bowl-profile-terrance-knighton/)

Players you need to know: Gordon McGuinness presents some lesser-knowns that have been important to their teams.

Secret Superstars: Broncos (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/27/secret-superstars-super-bowl-preview-broncos/)
Secret Superstars: Seahawks (https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/27/secret-superstars-super-bowl-preview-seahawks/)

YeaLikeRightNow
02-02-2014, 10:43 AM
At the start of the playoffs, I was pulling for Seattle most of the way....until Richard Sherman made his after-the-game presence known worldwide, once the Hawks had beaten the 49'ers. The Seahawks remind me of a psychiatrists dream patient...someone Bi-Polar maybe, with Richard Sherman on the manic side and Marshawn on the depressed end....Russell Wilson being the norm.

I don't like them any more. They can all take those Skittles and use them as oral suppositories, or they can stick them in the appropriate orifice..."Boss".

Playoffs
02-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Do not miss this...

Caliendo's Mockumentary (http://m.espn.go.com/general/video?vid=10391248&cid=2378529&wjb)

Frank Caliendo's 30 for 30 mockumentary on how Seahawks CB Richard Sherman used his newfound infamy to make his way to the White House.

http://forums.scottishfootballforums.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/ROFL.gif http://www.rcindia.org/Smileys/default/rofl.gifhttp://forums.scottishfootballforums.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/ROFL.gif

Lucky
02-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Gotta go with the Seahags, 27-23. Better balance and I just can't root for Peyton. Can't do it.

Heath Shuler
02-02-2014, 05:03 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10379111/utah-ape-predicts-seattle-seahawks-win-super-bowl

SALT LAKE CITY -- A Utah ape that has correctly picked the Super Bowl winner for six straight years predicted Thursday that the Seattle Seahawks will be the next NFL champion.

Eli the ape ran into an enclosure Thursday morning and swiftly knocked down a papier-mache helmet bearing the Seahawks logo, signaling his pick, said Erica Hansen of Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City.

Me and the Psychic Utah Ape are taking the hawks (and if the hawks lose I hope it is by less than 8.5 and the total stays under 54):)

Playoffs
02-02-2014, 05:27 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfgHjWOIQAA3Gc4.jpg
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
This is the 5th time team allowing fewest points played team scoring most points. Team allowing fewest points won all 4.

This is second time since the merger that team that allowed fewest yards played team that generated the most yards. Bucs D beat Raiders O.

It's 54 and clear at MetLife Stadium. It's 41 and rainy in Houston.
Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt
No wind on field at all. Lots of hot wind in pressbox. #SB48
Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
Russell Wilson's father used to wake him up at 6am every morning and practice football/baseball with him. Credits his dad for his work ethic

2012Champs
02-02-2014, 06:01 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10379111/utah-ape-predicts-seattle-seahawks-win-super-bowl

Me and the Psychic Utah Ape are taking the hawks (and if the hawks lose I hope it is by less than 8.5 and the total stays under 54):)

Where did you place a bet hawks +9?

mussop
02-02-2014, 06:08 PM
I want Peyton to win one more and retire. I think Seattle's running game and Wilson's ability to turn negative plays into positive ones will be the difference. Seattle wins by 4 28 to 24.

klockWork
02-02-2014, 06:10 PM
I don't like seahawks but I hate more the idea of seeing a thousand more commercial from Peyton Manning. Go seahawks!

Lucky
02-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Probably took a 6 point teaser.

Tolar's Ghost
02-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Orange Tush 27
Legion of Bust 20

Playoffs
02-02-2014, 06:13 PM
A quick heads up:

Wouldn't advise taking @Njtransit to the Super Bowl...

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19ehcdflw4xj1jpg/ku-xlarge.jpg
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19ehcdflujepcjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg
:kitten:

Playoffs
02-02-2014, 06:20 PM
Russell Wilson beats Peyton Manning on hair by miles,

Peyton wins on forehead.

mussop
02-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Don't understand the hate for Manning. He's one of the best of all time. It's been a pleasure to have been able to watch his career. When he's gone I'll look back and remember him with other greats I have watched since I was a kid. Montana, Kelly, Marino, Young.

Playoffs
02-02-2014, 06:33 PM
Had the OVER on the Star Spangled Banner,

Always take the over with opera singers. http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/money/smileys-money-114847.gif

kiwitexansfan
02-02-2014, 06:36 PM
Voted Broncos, basically because of Peyton and the Broncos rush defense.

I want them to win so they have the worst draft pick.

ChrisG
02-02-2014, 06:39 PM
I voted Broncos because I think they will win based soley on Manning. However I want SEA to win. I love a strong D and they are fun to watch.

Glad to see Manning's constant play changing and bobbing around/false starting finally went against him.

mussop
02-02-2014, 06:43 PM
I would say Knighton is playing his ass off but that would be impossible.

ChrisG
02-02-2014, 06:46 PM
I would have gone for it. You already have 2. You have gained decent yards so far. Gotta put some points on Manning.

Playoffs
02-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Seattle 5
Denver 0

Bottom of the first. Broncos at the plate.

JCTexan
02-02-2014, 06:48 PM
I want Peyton to win one more and retire. I think Seattle's running game and Wilson's ability to turn negative plays into positive ones will be the difference. Seattle wins by 4 28 to 24.

That's what I've got also.

ChrisG
02-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Anyone have the vegas line on the first score being a safety. Im pretty sure that pays pretty good.

klockWork
02-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Guys, I'm so pissed off at Fox network right now. They squeeze in too many commercial during the challenge play that we didn't know exactly why that was not a first down. I'm sick to my stomach at the greed of the network.

ChrisG
02-02-2014, 06:53 PM
If Thomas doesn't go down there after the hit. He would have had some decent yards. Gotta wrap up every tackle especially in the SB. SEA is fun to watch but I really hate the showboating after every play

NastyNate
02-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Anyone have the vegas line on the first score being a safety. Im pretty sure that pays pretty good.

That's a pretty common industry standard +10000 prop bet that I've never hit on. Some lucky SOB though...

ChrisG
02-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Just for a good laugh for everyone:

http://kotaku.com/this-broken-super-bowl-is-way-more-fun-than-the-real-th-1514483947

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/1/30/5351052/breaking-madden-super-bowl-broncos-seahawks
^Some hilarious gifs

Playoffs
02-02-2014, 07:13 PM
Seattle 8
Denver 0

Hauschka bases clearing triple. Manning pop fly out. Seattle back at the plate.

Mr. Texan
02-02-2014, 07:40 PM
not sure if peyton manning or matt schaub

kiwitexansfan
02-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Just for a good laugh for everyone:

http://kotaku.com/this-broken-super-bowl-is-way-more-fun-than-the-real-th-1514483947

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/1/30/5351052/breaking-madden-super-bowl-broncos-seahawks
^Some hilarious gifs

my co-workers on my lunch break must have thought I had lost my mind laughing at those.

Playoffs
02-02-2014, 07:46 PM
People who drew "2"s in office squares are looking sweet. Big upset.

Vance87
not sure if peyton manning or matt schaub

No just Seahawks D.

TheRealJoker
Schaub did a little better before his pick six against Seattle. Just sayin...

Heath Shuler
02-02-2014, 07:49 PM

Probably took a 6 point teaser.

yep

paycheck71
02-02-2014, 07:54 PM
On 3rd and 9, Peyton throws a 7 yd pass. WTF? :kitten:

TexansSeminole
02-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Preseason bet on Seahawks to win the Super Bowl is looking good for me! I lost the previous five, so I'm psyched.

Playoffs
02-02-2014, 08:04 PM
Schaub did a little better before his pick six against Seattle. Just sayin...

http://i4.minus.com/ibnsrXUKXnbYEr.jpg

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
02-02-2014, 08:11 PM
Bruno Mars is an incredible performer

Playoffs
02-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Well, that was a disappointing game.

ChrisG
02-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Bruno Mars is an incredible performer

Yea he is, never been a huge fan of his music but he puts on a great show.

NFL got it right, last few yeas have not been good.

ChrisG
02-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Ok I liked that Texans draft commercial

dc_txtech
02-02-2014, 08:31 PM
Ok I liked that Texans draft commercial

Jerry Ricecake!

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
02-02-2014, 08:31 PM
Game over

mussop
02-02-2014, 08:35 PM
wow

ArlingtonTexan
02-02-2014, 08:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMLHPnxkOwA

Loverboy anyone?

Topher
02-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Poor Mattress Mack.

Playoffs
02-02-2014, 08:39 PM
And just think: The Texans had Seattle down 20-3 late in the third quarter before losing in OT. I'm just sayin . . .

mussop
02-02-2014, 08:39 PM
Poor Mattress Mack.

**** mattress Mack!! That place is a rip off.

mussop
02-02-2014, 08:40 PM
Shermin just got sherminated!

mussop
02-02-2014, 08:41 PM

I was just thinking someone will bring that up to make the case that we arent that bad off.

Playoffs
02-02-2014, 08:44 PM
TexansChick having fun w/Manning...
Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bfgi0-GIUAABj7m.jpg

I was just thinking someone will bring that up to make the case that we arent that bad off.
Nah, but there were things to learn from that game and Denver didn't, imo.

Marcus
02-02-2014, 08:53 PM
LOL! This is how Denver fan feels right now . . .Link (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY)

ArlingtonTexan
02-02-2014, 08:53 PM
So between the two teams, at least 15 WR screens.

TexansSeminole
02-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Bruce Willis: Great game right?

WRONG

stingray
02-02-2014, 08:57 PM
The best defense will always beat the best offense in any sport.

ChrisG
02-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Ok that was almost as good as AJs vs ARI.

Amazing play

IlliniJen
02-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Ok that was almost as good as AJs vs ARI.

Amazing play

Kearse spun off guys...AJ trucked guys.

mussop
02-02-2014, 09:05 PM
The best defense will always beat the best offense in any sport.

So you are saying we need to draft Clowney?

ATXtexanfan
02-02-2014, 09:07 PM
Momentum is a ***** in football. First play sent it to seattle and denver never recovered. OU vs USC all over again.

Marcus
02-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Momentum is a ***** in football. First play sent it to seattle and denver never recovered. OU vs USC all over again.

I agree with that. I think Denver lost this game with that safety right at the beginning.

They could play again next week, and Denver would probably win.

Playoffs
02-02-2014, 09:13 PM
How is that not PI???

ATXtexanfan
02-02-2014, 09:13 PM
I truly feel bad for peyton. He will never be appreciated

kiwitexansfan
02-02-2014, 09:20 PM
http://www.xboxoneforums.net/forum/attachments/790d1389388275-what-s-your-day-job-escalated-quickly.jpg

ATXtexanfan
02-02-2014, 09:21 PM
Kearse spun off guys...AJ trucked guys.

Agree

htowntexans1985
02-02-2014, 09:23 PM
What an anti climatic piece of feces for a super bowl.

Playoffs
02-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Dan Kadar ‏@MockingTheDraft
Quietly, Trindon Holliday has had a miserable game.

Not the same team that will contend for next year's Super Bowl -- LT Ryan Clady, LB Von Miller, Chris Harris Jr. all key losses.

ATXtexanfan
02-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Dan Kadar ‏@MockingTheDraft

Not the same team that will contend for next year's Super Bowl -- LT Ryan Clady, LB Von Miller, Chris Harris Jr. all key losses.

True. This game was a waste of a buzz

LikeMike
02-02-2014, 09:41 PM

Never be appreciated? Before the game there was a ton of talk about him being the best QB EVER.

Now his reputation will take a hit with this game (and his past playoff disappointments). Some QBs take their play to the next level when the biggest lights are on (Eli, Big Ben or Brady are prime examples) - some crumble under the pressure (Schaub). Manning belongs in neither group, but he routinely hasn`t had his best games in the biggest games. It´s not his teams that lose the game despite his good play - it`s on him as much as it is on anybody else.

That doesn`t make him a bad QB. He probably is the best regular season QB of all time. And probably a top 5 overall QB. But he is not the big winner as some of the other QBs out there. Right now I would put Brady ahead of him...

Playoffs
02-02-2014, 09:41 PM
Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas knock Richard Sherman out of the Super Bowl.

thunderkyss
02-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Never thought Seattle would win a Super Bowl before Houston. Heck, they've been to the Super Bowl twice & Houston's never been.

ATXtexanfan
02-02-2014, 09:46 PM
Never be appreciated? Before the game there was a ton of talk about him being the best QB EVER.

Now his reputation will take a hit with this game (and his past playoff disappointments). Some QBs take their play to the next level when the biggest lights are on (Eli, Big Ben or Brady are prime examples) - some crumble under the pressure (Schaub). Manning belongs in neither group, but he routinely hasn`t had his best games in the biggest games. It´s not his teams that lose the game despite his good play - it`s on him as much as it is on anybody else.

That doesn`t make him a bad QB. He probably is the best regular season QB of all time. And probably a top 5 overall QB. But he is not the big winner as some of the other QBs out there. Right now I would put Brady ahead of him...

Completely agree.

Playoffs
02-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Never thought Seattle would win a Super Bowl before Houston. Heck, they've been to the Super Bowl twice & Houston's never been.

Yeah, they only had a 26 year head start. :mariopalm:

Khari
02-02-2014, 09:52 PM
worst game ever :yawn:

thunderkyss
02-02-2014, 09:53 PM

Right... forgot all 31 other teams need to win a Super Bowl before we go to one.

deucetx
02-02-2014, 10:02 PM

In Thunder's defense he said Houston He didn't say Texans. Since we did have a team before the Texans his point is rather valid. Oilers didn't sniff the Bowl just like the Texans haven't yet.

Playoffs
02-02-2014, 10:31 PM
In Thunder's defense he said Houston He didn't say Texans...

My bad. I only think in terms of Texans for us. http://www.en.kolobok.us/content_images/emotes/big_kolobok/pardon.gif

Speedy
02-02-2014, 10:46 PM
That Manning guy is a pick 6 machine in Super Bowls.

TEXANRED
02-02-2014, 10:48 PM

No sir, Houston has had and NFL team since 1960.

Heath Shuler
02-02-2014, 10:55 PM

Man pins and needles for a quarter and a half; sweating every play at the end.

Goatcheese
02-02-2014, 11:06 PM
This was the worst Super Bowl in living memory.

Also, Manning is the best regular season QB of all team. #chokeartist

infantrycak
02-02-2014, 11:09 PM
That Manning guy is a pick 6 machine in Super Bowls.

It's Tony Dungy's fault.

b0ng
02-02-2014, 11:12 PM
I am glad I got to watch Seattle lay a thorough beatdown on the Broncos (especially since I got to watch Elway lose, again) and prove once again that defense wins championships.

Edit: the Texans should also look into this whole "draft awesome DB's from the later rounds" thing Seattle has going on.

ATXtexanfan
02-02-2014, 11:33 PM
I am glad I got to watch Seattle lay a thorough beatdown on the Broncos (especially since I got to watch Elway lose, again) and prove once again that defense wins championships.

Edit: the Texans should also look into this whole "draft awesome DB's from the later rounds" thing Seattle has going on.

Yes sea has built something nice. FA will tear it apart

Norg
02-02-2014, 11:34 PM
gee way to represent dat AFC Denver I wish Texans could of played dis game but hell we just embressed ourselves has well

uhh I guess all dis means is Dat Johnny football stock has just went up ....?????

JCTexan
02-02-2014, 11:38 PM
gee way to represent dat AFC Denver I wish Texans could of played dis game but hell we just embressed ourselves has well

uhh I guess all dis means is Dat Johnny football stock has just went up ....?????

No, it hasn't. I'm not understanding the hype of why it would either. Wilson is more of a game manager that can use his feet to help win games. Manziel is more of a gunslinger than a game manager.

thunderkyss
02-02-2014, 11:42 PM
I wonder if our fans would be "happy" if we'd have got Peyton a couple of years ago & just lost Super Bowl XLVIII 43-8

Instead, we're in position to get Teddy Bridgewater.

Norg
02-02-2014, 11:45 PM
I wonder if our fans would be "happy" if we'd have got Peyton a couple of years ago & just lost Super Bowl XLVIII 43-8

if peyton came here mannn he would be surrounded by a much better team

but who knows if peyton couldn't win here has well then im glad we didn't get him

but peyton or no petyon im deff not happy at a 2-14 season

JCTexan
02-02-2014, 11:46 PM

Obviously I would be happy with the Texans being in the Super Bowl, but also disappointed with a loss.

None of us know what Teddy Bridgewater will become. He could be the next elite QB. I think that has a higher chance of happening than Mccarron becoming the next Brady like you mentioned earlier today.

Carr Bombed
02-03-2014, 12:17 AM
**** mattress Mack!! That place is a rip off.

How so.

Carr Bombed
02-03-2014, 12:22 AM
Anyways, I got the Hawks winning 24 to 17.. with the forehead throwing 2 ints.

Well definitely whiffed on the beat down of the score, but I nailed the 2 ints. It's what forehead does in big playoff games. The Broncos defense didn't even have to get off the bus as the Hawks' STs and defense outscored their entire team.

StarStruck
02-03-2014, 12:31 AM
How so.

Wish I would have taken him up on his offer. My home's interior would have been awesome. I guess 1099's are forthcoming.

eriadoc
02-03-2014, 02:00 AM
Manning is renowned for getting his team into the right play at the line of scrimmage, eliminating or at least reducing negative plays. Well, Seattle didn't disguise anything, so there was no need for "Omaha! Omaha!", and Manning lived up to the rep he started building at Tennessee and continued in the NFL playoffs - great regular season, but not a big game QB.

Great game by Seattle.

CretorFrigg
02-03-2014, 02:31 AM
What a boring Super Bowl. It ended before 9PM.

Speedy
02-03-2014, 03:00 AM

Yep. I don't see why they can't.

Carr Bombed
02-03-2014, 04:15 AM
Wish I would have taken him up on his offer. My home's interior would have been awesome. I guess 1099's are forthcoming.

What offer is that?

Carr Bombed
02-03-2014, 04:18 AM
What a boring Super Bowl. It ended before 9PM.

My pops won $2,000 and I won $300 dollars. So this is one of the best SBs ever. :)

Marshall
02-03-2014, 07:06 AM
I'm sick of the QB is the only important player line so I want the best TEAM over the best QB. Go Seattle!

I didn't waste my time actually watching the game, but I'm please with the outcome. TEAM wins over QB! And not even close makes it even better.

TheIronDuke
02-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Summary of the Super Bowl:

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3923853/linecollapse.gif

Mr teX
02-03-2014, 09:36 AM
As bad as it was last night for Manning..this doesn't really change my opinion about his legacy...dude is still perhaps the greatest to ever do it...

Goatcheese
02-03-2014, 09:46 AM
As bad as it was last night for Manning..this doesn't really change my opinion about his legacy...dude is still perhaps the greatest to ever do it...

Choke? :doot:

Carr Bombed
02-03-2014, 09:50 AM

Yep, I'll always remember him as the greatest regular season QB who won his only SB when his running back went off in the rain in Miami against a Gross man led Bears.

deucetx
02-03-2014, 09:51 AM
I didn't waste my time actually watching the game, but I'm please with the outcome. TEAM wins over QB! And not even close makes it even better.

Completely agree. It was nice to see a team win a game the old school way with some sound football instead of fantasy numbers in today's era. Just wished the game was more competitive since we waited two weeks for a complete domination. Oh well. I'm sure Hawks fans aren't complaining about that point though.

HTown2ATX
02-03-2014, 09:53 AM
I didn't see this thread before hand but I was going for Seattle both as I thought they would win and because they have always been my #2 team after Warren Moon went there. Congrats to Seattle.

Unfortunately for one of my co workers who is from Seattle and a big Seahawks fan, she made it public how wrecked she was on Facebook last night partying....apparently she is still at home vomiting and it supposed to be here now lol. She can't even play it off as being sick. FAIL

ArlingtonTexan
02-03-2014, 09:57 AM
I didn't see this thread before hand but I was going for Seattle both as I thought they would win and because they have always been my #2 team after Warren Moon went there. Congrats to Seattle.

Unfortunately for one of my co workers who is from Seattle and a big Seahawks fan, she made it public how wrecked she was on Facebook last night partying....apparently she is still at home vomiting and it supposed to be here now lol. She can't even play it off as being sick. FAIL

Well, vomiting could equal sick, I guess.

deucetx
02-03-2014, 09:57 AM

LOL I guess that's why folks think the game needs to be moved to Saturday's. It does suck for those who have parties and such then have to run back to work Monday.

Carr Bombed
02-03-2014, 09:58 AM

:kubepalm: I can't even begin to mention the number of co workers that I've seen fired over facebook posts. It's the #1 reason why I don't have a account and won't start one.

Mr teX
02-03-2014, 09:59 AM

Lol...no. I wouldn't call last night a choke as much as the better overall team winning....The seahawks simply dominated from start to finish in every aspect of the game.

ST...Holliday put the ball on the ground twice & gave up a K return.
Defense: gave up 27 points & didn't get any TO's & played undisciplined.
Offense: turned it over 5 times and put the ball on the ground 2 other times...Manning was under siege all game.
Coaching: Guessing all night on offense & defense while Carroll was being creative on offense.

Just total domination by Seattle. Yeah manning didn't play well, but the whole Broncos team didn't play well & looked unprepared.....Honestly, they looked like that 12-4 Panther's team Fox coached back in 08' that got blown up by the Cardinals in the playoffs...Just totally overmatched.

HTown2ATX
02-03-2014, 10:01 AM
Ok, I just saw this from my wall last night, thought was funny (also that girl at work just officially called in sick lol and no, she made it too public she was just wrecked, she doesn't drink much according to her so she just didn't know her limits I guess)

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc443/htownballa80/bronco_zpsc8c10737.jpg (http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/htownballa80/media/bronco_zpsc8c10737.jpg.html)

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc443/htownballa80/broncochase_zps46cc9a2f.jpg (http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/htownballa80/media/broncochase_zps46cc9a2f.jpg.html)

HTown2ATX
02-03-2014, 10:02 AM
:kubepalm: I can't even begin to mention the number of co workers that I've seen fired over facebook posts. It's the #1 reason why I don't have a account and won't start one.

I don't use FB a lot but I am always careful NOT to post stupid $hit that's for sure.

TheIronDuke
02-03-2014, 10:06 AM
Yep, I'll always remember him as the greatest regular season QB who won his only SB when his running back went off in the rain in Miami against a Cutler led Bears.

Even worse, the QB was Grossman.

ziggy29
02-03-2014, 10:12 AM

It was a bad performance, but I'd qualify this in two ways.

(1) His O-line was terrible. It looked a LOT like the Texans O-line we suffered with all season. (There were times I almost thought we WERE watching the Texans O-line.) Peyton rarely had enough time in the pocket to make plays. (Yes, a large portion of that goes in the form of props to the Seattle D, but I think even absent that, the Broncos' O-line was simply putrid, and it's hard for ANY QB to look good under such constant harassment.)

(2) The term "choke" (to me) implies that bad play in the clutch helped turn what should (or could) have been a win into a loss, especially in the fourth quarter. The Broncos were so thoroughly outplayed in all aspects of the game for just about all 60 minutes that I don't even think a good performance from Peyton, given the defense he was up against, would have made a difference in the outcome of the game (apart from perhaps making it closer).

In reality, Tom Brady, as much as I hate everything about the Brady-Belichick Patriots, is probably grinning. After Manning beat Brady in the AFC Championship and Denver won pretty convincingly over the Pats (noting that NE is a mediocre road team at best), some thought Manning' legacy may have taken baby steps toward Brady's, especially if he won this Super Bowl. Well, that talk should be over in terms of post-season performance. I've seen Brady lose playoff games. I've seen Brady lose Super Bowls. I've seen Brady at less than his best in those games. But I've never seen Brady unleash a toxic stinkbomb in a postseason game, let alone a Super Bowl, that was anywhere near this stench-ridden.

ziggy29
02-03-2014, 10:15 AM

Oh yeah -- I remember their "rap", perhaps a bad ripoff of the Super Bowl Shuffle, where Grossman calls himself "Sexy Rexy." I think I want to vomit.

I think Cutler was still in Denver at the time Peyton won his only SB anyway.

Carr Bombed
02-03-2014, 10:19 AM

Oh crap, brain fart

Yes Gross man. Sorry, still hungover from last night. :)

Playoffs
02-03-2014, 10:28 AM

Legacy denied!

thunderkyss
02-03-2014, 10:34 AM

Agreed.

Mr teX
02-03-2014, 10:36 AM
It was a bad performance, but I'd qualify this in two ways.

(1) His O-line was terrible. It looked a LOT like the Texans O-line we suffered with all season. (There were times I almost thought we WERE watching the Texans O-line.) Peyton rarely had enough time in the pocket to make plays. (Yes, a large portion of that goes in the form of props to the Seattle D, but I think even absent that, the Broncos' O-line was simply putrid, and it's hard for ANY QB to look good under such constant harassment.)

(2) The term "choke" (to me) implies that bad play in the clutch helped turn what should (or could) have been a win into a loss, especially in the fourth quarter. The Broncos were so thoroughly outplayed in all aspects of the game for just about all 60 minutes that I don't even think a good performance from Peyton, given the defense he was up against, would have made a difference in the outcome of the game (apart from perhaps making it closer).

In reality, Tom Brady, as much as I hate everything about the Brady-Belichick Patriots, is probably grinning. After Manning beat Brady in the AFC Championship and Denver won pretty convincingly over the Pats (noting that NE is a mediocre road team at best), some thought Manning' legacy may have taken baby steps toward Brady's, especially if he won this Super Bowl. Well, that talk should be over in terms of post-season performance. I've seen Brady lose playoff games. I've seen Brady lose Super Bowls. I've seen Brady at less than his best in those games. But I've never seen Brady unleash a toxic stinkbomb in a postseason game, let alone a Super Bowl, that was anywhere near this stench-ridden.

you're forgetting that 35-7 stinkbomb Brady & the pats laid in 2009 against the Ravens in the playoffs...but in general i agree with most of what you're saying here. The Broncos were so thoroughly outplayed & outcoached, Manning would've had to have benn perfect for them to even have a shot to win. Apart from that, Brady shouldn't be grinning about anything b/c nearly the exact same thing happened to him in 2007. The only difference here is that at least half of his team showed up to at least give him a chance.

bah007
02-03-2014, 10:42 AM
I was at a friend's house watching with about 20 other people. I was the only person pulling for Seattle. I get the Manning man crush, having been on the wrong side of it for so many years. But, I really do not get why that Seahawks team is so unanimously hated. Those guys play their asses off and they are well coached.

Much like this thread (not entirely but the majority), a Broncos rout was predicted before the game by my rowdy friends. I still can't decide if they wanted Denver to win or if they just wanted Seattle to lose.

Fortunately for me, they disappeared into their drinks as I got to watch football as it was meant to be played (IMO). Suffocating defense, well coached special teams, and a patient offense that exploited mistakes. The better team clearly won, which left a lot of people unhappy for some reason.

I know some people only wanted to see a competitive game, but I saw exactly what I was hoping I would see. So I guess I'm in the minority that had a good time.

Mr teX
02-03-2014, 10:52 AM
I was at a friend's house watching with about 20 other people. I was the only person pulling for Seattle. I get the Manning man crush, having been on the wrong side of it for so many years. But, I really do not get why that Seahawks team is so unanimously hated. Those guys play their asses off and they are well coached.

Much like this thread (not entirely but the majority), a Broncos rout was predicted before the game by my rowdy friends. I still can't decide if they wanted Denver to win or if they just wanted Seattle to lose.

Fortunately for me, they disappeared into their drinks as I got to watch football as it was meant to be played (IMO). Suffocating defense, well coached special teams, and a patient offense that exploited mistakes. The better team clearly won, which left a lot of people unhappy for some reason.

agree...I wanted to see Manning win, but i didn't mind that Seattle won it...I was happy for Carroll & Wilson...more importantly i was happy b/c i knew somewhere in this great nation of ours John Harbaugh was gonna be pissed off b/c Seattle won....

But yeah, no way could you have watched that game last night & not seen how much better Seattle was coached. They were loose & dictated to Denver the whole game. Harvin coming in & making a big play on that jet sweep early on clearly threw a monkey wrench in whatever Denver had planned on defense b/c Ayers looked lost out there.

Playoffs
02-03-2014, 11:04 AM
...I really do not get why that Seahawks team is so unanimously hated...

Simple.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/other/grand/Sherm_amp_Crabs_1c94eda0e4bf7c17061fc5708247ea1f.g if

Part time fans only seeing this and not looking deeper.

ziggy29
02-03-2014, 11:11 AM
But, I really do not get why that Seahawks team is so unanimously hated. Those guys play their asses off and they are well coached.

For me it has nothing to do with their swagger, or Richard Sherman's mouth, or any of that. It's the FANS.

They built a new stadium specifically designed to amplify crowd noise, then equate "being loudest" with "being the best fans" and acting like they have been this loyal every year since 1976 instead of getting loud on the bandwagon. They can't even come up with an original moniker for their fan base so they have to "license" a nickname from Texas A&M.

And any time someone says anything about who has the most loyal fans, all they do is point to crowd noise (which to me says more about being drunk and obnoxious than about being passionate).

I have a lot of respect for the Seahawks and how they play the game. But this year their fans have been, on the aggregate as a fan base, highly annoying.

ziggy29
02-03-2014, 11:12 AM
...more importantly i was happy b/c i knew somewhere in this great nation of ours John Harbaugh was gonna be pissed off b/c Seattle won....

Jim?

Carr Bombed
02-03-2014, 11:14 AM
Agreed.

You can still be one of "the greatest to ever do it" and fall in the top ten.

I'm sorry, Payton's legacy was killed in that game. His body language, his facial expressions on the sideline, his performance in the game, and his ovrl performance in postseason play... His legacy took a hit. He firmly cemented himself behind the likes of Brady, because I highly doubt a Brady led team would've got their asses kicked the way Payton's team did last night. Payton will go down as a all time great (that's a given), especially in the regular season.. he just won't be remembered as "the greatest to ever do it".. and that's where his legacy took a hit, because that's what he was playing for last night. You simply can't ignore his postseason performances... not after that ass kicking and after the other lame ducks he's put up in other playoff games.

Playoffs
02-03-2014, 11:16 AM

Peyton Manning's 24.4 Total QBR was the worst since Rex Grossman's 7.1 in 2006.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10395376/super-bowl-xlviii-peyton-manning-says-embarrassing-insulting-word

Mr teX
02-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Jim?

whichever is the whiny one that coaches the 49ers..

Carr Bombed
02-03-2014, 11:26 AM
Simple.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/other/grand/Sherm_amp_Crabs_1c94eda0e4bf7c17061fc5708247ea1f.g if

Part time fans only seeing this and not looking deeper.

The dude speaks the truth.

infantrycak
02-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Peyton Manning's 24.4 Total QBR was the worst since Rex Grossman's 7.1 in 2006.

If we knew the magic QBR box we could calculate it but Big Ben's QBR in a winning effort in 2005 had to be even lower.

Ordinary rating Grossman 68.3 v. Big Ben 22.6.

thunderkyss
02-03-2014, 11:42 AM
But, I really do not get why that Seahawks team is so unanimously hated. Those guys play their asses off and they are well coached.

I don't hate the Seahawks.

I hate Pete Carol.

Playoffs
02-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Mayweather, a prolific gambler, has reportedly plonked almost $15 million on the Broncos to salute in American football's biggest game, to be played on Monday (EDT) against the Seattle Seahawks.

The Vegas Gambling Steam Twitter feed revealed Mayweather had slapped the monumental AU$11.86 million wager on the Broncos to beat the Seattle Seahawks by more than two points.

Other reports have Mayweather also betting $2.96 million on the Broncos to be leading at half-time.

The bets are so enormous that they will likely have affected betting lines at some agencies.

As no betting company would be stupid enough to take the bets on their own, Mayweather reportedly used seven different agencies and four offshore accounts in order to make his giant gambles possible.

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 14h
I’m sure we’ll hear a story about how Floyd Mayweather never had Denver tomorrow and he’ll actually tweet a pic of a Seahawks ticket
:bravo:

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein
Mayweather waits until the game is over and then tells everyone he didn’t bet on Denver despite letting that story ride all week.

Shocking RT @FloydMayweather (https://twitter.com/FloydMayweather): Somebody lied to you all. If I was going to bet, I would have bet on the Seattle Seahawks....

bah007
02-03-2014, 11:47 AM
For me it has nothing to do with their swagger, or Richard Sherman's mouth, or any of that. It's the FANS.

They built a new stadium specifically designed to amplify crowd noise, then equate "being loudest" with "being the best fans" and acting like they have been this loyal every year since 1976 instead of getting loud on the bandwagon. They can't even come up with an original moniker for their fan base so they have to "license" a nickname from Texas A&M.

And any time someone says anything about who has the most loyal fans, all they do is point to crowd noise (which to me says more about being drunk and obnoxious than about being passionate).

I have a lot of respect for the Seahawks and how they play the game. But this year their fans have been, on the aggregate as a fan base, highly annoying.

I understand that completely. Living down here, I am not exposed to very many Seattle fans so I do not have to deal with them. And "fans" in general tend to irritate me regardless of who they root for.

The Seahawks have been my second favorite team ever since they drafted Earl Thomas. Their roster is also full of players that I loved coming out of college. They always seem to somehow end up with about four or five guys every year that I wanted the Texans to draft.

bah007
02-03-2014, 11:48 AM
I don't hate the Seahawks.

I hate Pete Carol.

A lot of people do. I don't get it but you're obviously not alone.

I think he's fantastic.

Double Barrel
02-03-2014, 11:49 AM
It's going to be a blowout IMO.

Dude, you were so right! :fortune:

Denver wins by a landslide. Manning been there before, Hawks new to the pressure of a SB, and I think the more experienced QB wins. Pocket passers almost always win the SB.

D'oh, except you were soooo wrong. :brickwall:

Orange Tush 27
Legion of Bust 20

lol @ "Legion of Bust". You lose credibility with such lame jabs, especially seeing this unit completely dismantle Peyton Manning's record setting offense.

I agree with that. I think Denver lost this game with that safety right at the beginning.

If "the greatest" cannot overcome a 2 point deficit with 59:40 left on the game clock....

They could play again next week, and Denver would probably win.

....then I don't see how you can say this with a straight face.

Six times has the #1 defense faced the #1 offense in the Super Bowl.

Defenses are 5-1 in those games.

Peyton Manning and his Broncos were DOMINATED. I don't see how a mere week is going to change the fundamental nature of each team.

Manning has been throwing short passes all season and his receivers have made plays after the catch all season. The Seahawks do not allow offenses to do this because they are so fast and they attack the ball so well that you cannot dink and dunk without a deep threat and expect to win. The Seahawks took away Manning's strengths and exploited his offense's weaknesses.

Fantastic performance by the Seahawks in all phases of the game. They will be back.

Yep. I don't see why they can't.

What do you know, man, you're just a football fan, amirite? :fingergun:

It is a subjective argument, but this game put this one to rest. Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman all have multiple rings and have never lost Super Bowls. Manning clearly has the statistical edge - in a era that heavily favors the passing game, btw - but true legacy of greatness to be G.O.A.T. is built with the accumulation of championships.

Mr teX
02-03-2014, 11:51 AM
You can still be one of "the greatest to ever do it" and fall in the top ten.

I'm sorry, Payton's legacy was killed in that game. His body language, his facial expressions on the sideline, his performance in the game, and his ovrl performance in postseason play... His legacy took a hit. He firmly cemented himself behind the likes of Brady, because I highly doubt a Brady led team would've got their asses kicked the way Payton's team did last night. Payton will go down as a all time great (that's a given), especially in the regular season.. he just won't be remembered as "the greatest to ever do it".. and that's where his legacy took a hit, because that's what he was playing for last night. You simply can't ignore his postseason performances... not after that ass kicking and after the other lame ducks he's put up in other playoff games.

His legacy will take a hit with those who already really don't like him..that's fine..Me personally though, I've long discounted the "must win multiple SB's/championships to be considered the greatest" argument simply b/c people are too biased and usually don't take everything into consideration. Brady is considered better than Manning largely b/c he has more SB rings but then those same folks discount a guy like Bradshaw b/c he had 1 of the greatest defenses backing him....but then will elevate a guy like Dan Marino over say John Elway b/c of some other made up personal nonsense. There's just too much that goes into winning SB's let alone multiple ones.

Based on what the guy has done his whole career regardless of the circumstances, he's the greatest to ever do it in my eyes. No 1 qb has ever brought more to the game....imo of course.

thunderkyss
02-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Texans who just earned Super Bowl Rings...

Russell Okung Richmond, Tx
Earl Thomas Orange, Tx
Red Bryant Jasper, Tx
Jeremy Lane Tyler, Tx
Michael Bennett Houston, Tx
Mike Morgan Dallas, Tx

May be as close as we'll get for a while guys.

ziggy29
02-03-2014, 11:55 AM
A lot of people do. I don't get it but you're obviously not alone.

I think he's fantastic.

Excellent coach, but I personally don't like what he did at USC (and I never liked USC). He allowed rampant cheating and rules violations under his watch, and then when the hammer was about to come down (on kids who had nothing to do with the violations and on new coaches who had no role in it) -- he took his ball, went to the NFL and left other, more innocent parties to burn in the flames of the fire he helped to stoke while he avoided all the consequences.

brakos82
02-03-2014, 11:56 AM
http://i.imgur.com/VxGUbmP.jpg

Mr teX
02-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Dude, you were so right! :fortune:

D'oh, except you were soooo wrong. :brickwall:

lol @ "Legion of Bust". You lose credibility with such lame jabs, especially seeing this unit completely dismantle Peyton Manning's record setting offense.

If "the greatest" cannot overcome a 2 point deficit with 59:40 left on the game clock....

....then I don't see how you can say this with a straight face.

Six times has the #1 defense faced the #1 offense in the Super Bowl.

Defenses are 5-1 in those games.

Peyton Manning and his Broncos were DOMINATED. I don't see how a mere week is going to change the fundamental nature of each team.

Manning has been throwing short passes all season and his receivers have made plays after the catch all season. The Seahawks do not allow offenses to do this because they are so fast and they attack the ball so well that you cannot dink and dunk without a deep threat and expect to win. The Seahawks took away Manning's strengths and exploited his offense's weaknesses.

Fantastic performance by the Seahawks in all phases of the game. They will be back.

What do you know, man, you're just a football fan, amirite? :fingergun:

It is a subjective argument, but this game put this one to rest. Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman all have multiple rings and have never lost Super Bowls. Manning clearly has the statistical edge - in a era that heavily favors the passing game, btw - but true legacy of greatness to be G.O.A.T. is built with the accumulation of championships.

I hear ya DB, but noone considers Bradshaw (& rightfully so) as 1 of the greatest of the great...despite him having been undefeated in the SB, having a 100+ qb rating in every SB he played in...despite him playing & most of the time beating some of the greatest defenses ever assembled in those cowboys and raiders teams of the 70's.

And as i said, there's too much that goes into winning SB's...Every 1 of those qb's you named above had a top rated defense & an all time great HC behind them...

thunderkyss
02-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Texans who just earned Super Bowl Rings...

Russell Okung Richmond, Tx
Earl Thomas Orange, Tx
Red Bryant Jasper, Tx
Jeremy Lane Tyler, Tx
Michael Bennett Houston, Tx
Mike Morgan Dallas, Tx

May be as close as we'll get for a while guys.

I had to add Russell Okung

bah007
02-03-2014, 12:28 PM
Excellent coach, but I personally don't like what he did at USC (and I never liked USC). He allowed rampant cheating and rules violations under his watch, and then when the hammer was about to come down (on kids who had nothing to do with the violations and on new coaches who had no role in it) -- he took his ball, went to the NFL and left other, more innocent parties to burn in the flames of the fire he helped to stoke while he avoided all the consequences.

Man, that is not what happened there at all. I would think that if you were going to hate somebody for something you would at least make sure you had your facts straight.

USC got hammered so hard because their football, basketball, and women's tennis programs were all under investigation at the same time.

The tennis team was hit because they were using former players to help recruit. The basketball team was hit because O.J. Mayo had been accepting gifts from an agent since before he graduated high school. The football team was hit because of the Reggie Bush scandal.

There was no "rampant cheating" going on. There was only one violation. Only one coach, Todd McNair (Bush's position coach), was implicated in the scandal. Bush was accepting cash and gifts from two agents, Lloyd Lake and Michael Michaels, in exchange for his promise that he would sign with them when he went pro. McNair knew what was going on but instead of reporting it to his superior, Carroll, he tried to help Bush cover his tracks. When Bush went pro he signed with a different agency, and Lloyd Lake sued him. That is how everything became public.

Carroll never "took his ball, went to the NFL and left other, more innocent parties to burn in the flames of the fire he helped to stoke while he avoided all the consequences."

He was offered a NFL head coaching job, which is kind of a prestigious offer. Should he have turned down another shot at the NFL so that he could try to help USC recover from a mess that he had nothing to do with? That's obviously up for debate. I honestly don't think he owed USC anything.

Carr Bombed
02-03-2014, 02:40 PM
His legacy will take a hit with those who already really don't like him..that's fine..Me personally though, I've long discounted the "must win multiple SB's/championships to be considered the greatest" argument simply b/c people are too biased and usually don't take everything into consideration. Brady is considered better than Manning largely b/c he has more SB rings but then those same folks discount a guy like Bradshaw b/c he had 1 of the greatest defenses backing him....but then will elevate a guy like Dan Marino over say John Elway b/c of some other made up personal nonsense. There's just too much that goes into winning SB's let alone multiple ones.

Based on what the guy has done his whole career regardless of the circumstances, he's the greatest to ever do it in my eyes. No 1 qb has ever brought more to the game....imo of course.

His legacy taking a hit has nothing to do with people liking him or disliking him. You don't have to like a guy to respect him, there is plenty of people that I don't like that I respect.. and I simply don't respect his postseason results, which don't remotely come close to what he's been able to do in the regular season when the level of postseason pressure is not applied. Brady (who I don't like) has lost multiple super bowls, but this type of loss would've never tonight happened with him at the helm.

And this has nothing to do with winning multiple superbowls. He didn't even have to win this game to come out on top, he just didn't need to go out in flames. Brady is better, because his team wouldn't of crapped the bed the way Payton's team did.. That would've never happened. Peyton was sitting on the bench and already had his quitter face on at the end of the first quarter, a face he kept throughout the game.

Yes Bradshaw won 4 SBs, but there's a reason why people elevate guys like Marino and John Elway over him... they were better QBs. When people think of those Steeler teams they don't think of Bradshaw, they think of his RB, his WRs, and that defense. You can't say that about the other two QBs you mentioned.

The year Peyton Manning won his championship.. his defense went from being one of the worst run defenses in NFL history (gave up 375 yards against the jags, as well as allowed Ron Dayne to have a field day and completely run over them) to becoming the best postseason defense when they did reach the postseason. It was the running game and defense that carried Peyton to his title. (Basically he was Bradshaw when won the SB)

As fair (or not fair) as it may be, QBs are judged by postseason results (there's a reason why I predicted Peyton to throw two INTs and he did) Peyton just doesn't add up, not in the postseason and that's why I can't consider him "the greatest ever"

Is he one of the best to ever play the position?.. yeah he is.

Is he the greatest ever?.. no he's not.

Goatcheese
02-03-2014, 03:35 PM
I really do not get why that Seahawks team is so unanimously hated.

It's Pete Carrol for me. He knew what was going on with his program and bolted right before the NCAA handed down the death sentence to USC. Everybody hates cheaters, especially cheaters who win by doing so.

bah007
02-03-2014, 03:41 PM
It's Pete Carrol for me. He knew what was going on with his program and bolted right before the NCAA handed down the death sentence to USC. Everybody hates cheaters, especially cheaters who win by doing so.

Read my post just two above yours. He did not know until Reggie Bush was sued by the agent he screwed over. USC was so sure they were clean that they actually requested the NCAA investigation to prove their innocence to the public. What nobody knew was that Bush's position coach knew about what was going on and never spoke up. That's why they got hammered.

And nobody "bolts" to a NFL HC job. It's a step up in the food chain. He's supposed to turn down the opportunity?

DBCooper
02-03-2014, 04:23 PM

Damn dude, go buy yourself a cookie!

Order 39 more for the other geniuses that won the 50/50 odds.

Double Barrel
02-03-2014, 04:35 PM
I hear ya DB, but noone considers Bradshaw (& rightfully so) as 1 of the greatest of the great...despite him having been undefeated in the SB, having a 100+ qb rating in every SB he played in...despite him playing & most of the time beating some of the greatest defenses ever assembled in those cowboys and raiders teams of the 70's.

And as i said, there's too much that goes into winning SB's...Every 1 of those qb's you named above had a top rated defense & an all time great HC behind them...

I hear ya', man, which is why I mentioned that it's all subjective.

It really comes down to how you want to frame the debate.

I've got a buddy who thinks Warren Moon is the greatest and has many valid reasons to support his opinion. He will argue until we are exhausted and never budge. I respect his opinion, but do not agree with it at all.

Statistics are often the barometer for many folks, and it's understandable. However, statistics often represent the era, and as we clearly see in the past decade, the NFL has obliged offensives with very liberal rules.

My own metric for this subject comes down to clutch factor, which is why playoff performances/wins, as well as championships, are factored in. It's not the be all/end all for my perspective, but it definitely plays a part of a big factor.

It's a fun debate and one that will never have a clear cut winner (at least until some QB comes along and breaks Manning's record while going 5-0 in the Super Bowl, of course).

Interesting thing about Terry Bradshaw is that he led the league in passing yards one season and had a top ranked offense. But, of course, all the glory of those four Super Bowls goes to the Steel Curtain, and rightfully so. But, Bradshaw was no slouch in those later championships.

Read my post just two above yours. He did not know until Reggie Bush was sued by the agent he screwed over. USC was so sure they were clean that they actually requested the NCAA investigation to prove their innocence to the public. What nobody knew was that Bush's position coach knew about what was going on and never spoke up. That's why they got hammered.

And nobody "bolts" to a NFL HC job. It's a step up in the food chain. He's supposed to turn down the opportunity?

Thanks for saving me the typing. My dad is one that has harbored a grudge against Pete Carroll for many years because of the USC scandal with NCAA violations. However, just today, he brings me an article revealing that Carroll had nothing to do with any of it and it all happened behind his back. I cannot find guilt when he was oblivious to the situation.

Goatcheese
02-03-2014, 04:41 PM

You don't really believe that, do you?

Pete Carrol has had plenty of NFL offers, including Miami's borderline stalking recruiting efforts. He just mysteriously accepts the lightly regarded Seahawks offer, right before his program is forced to vacate numerous wins, loses scholarships and is banned from future bowl games.

Right, sounds likely. He got while the gettin was good and left all of the kids he recruited to pay the price.

Fug that dude.

StarStruck
02-03-2014, 04:49 PM
What offer is that?

Sorry I used the wrong quote. I was referring to Mattress Mack's furniture bet.