PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Shanahan

handswarmer
01-16-2014, 01:58 PM
Rumored to be interviewing for Ravens OC job

Thoughts on when he was in Houston working for Kubiak?

infantrycak
01-16-2014, 02:01 PM
Overall you're getting mostly the same thing, with a little more youthful exuberance, but with a whole lot less experience. You should know he only called plays his last year here and Kubiak maintained final say throughout (which for him means a lot more involved than a similar arrangement for Harbaugh).

handswarmer
01-16-2014, 02:05 PM
Overall you're getting mostly the same thing, with a little more youthful exuberance, but with a whole lot less experience. You should know he only called plays his last year here and Kubiak maintained final say throughout (which for him means a lot more involved than a similar arrangement for Harbaugh).

kinda what I figured but I would think that with more experience now, he would be given a bit more leeway

What was his 'feel for the game'? Right play calls for the situation, etc....

ChampionTexan
01-16-2014, 02:12 PM
Rumored to be interviewing for Ravens OC job

Thoughts on when he was in Houston working for Kubiak?

I'd much prefer Kubiak if I were a Raven fan. 2013 was an aberration for several reasons (most of them not related to Kubiak's OC abilities), and he's got a long history of maximizing the talent you've got. Li'l Shanny needs to find a spot to coordinate away from the shadow of Daddy or Kubiak. I just wouldn't want that spot to be my team in 2014.

IMO, the predictable playcalling criticism falls into the category of things fans of every team complain about when things aren't going well for the offense.

handswarmer
01-16-2014, 03:41 PM
I'd much prefer Kubiak if I were a Raven fan. 2013 was an aberration for several reasons (most of them not related to Kubiak's OC abilities), and he's got a long history of maximizing the talent you've got. Li'l Shanny needs to find a spot to coordinate away from the shadow of Daddy or Kubiak. I just wouldn't want that spot to be my team in 2014.

IMO, the predictable playcalling criticism falls into the category of things fans of every team complain about when things aren't going well for the offense.

Thats where I am leaning...

BruceWayne
01-18-2014, 10:56 PM
Kubiak or Shanny teaming up with Flacco's big arm; strange if it happened