PDA

View Full Version : Start Yates next week

WolverineFan
12-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Because why not? Keenum's hurt and Schaub still sucks. No reason not to give the guy one start. It's a slap in the face that he hasn't gotten a shot yet.

Thorn
12-22-2013, 03:15 PM
Why not? what's he going to do? Throw some interceptions? We started our interception machine today.

Mr. Texan
12-22-2013, 03:15 PM
it would actually be insulting to him to have him start imo

he's not a franchise qb and he really has no future here.

eriadoc
12-22-2013, 03:17 PM
Isn't OD coming back for the last game? Maybe they should start him at QB.

Honoring Earl 34
12-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Why not , he can't be worse .

WolverineFan
12-22-2013, 03:19 PM
Why not? what's he going to do? Throw some interceptions? We started our interception machine today.

If Keenum can't play then why not start Yates over Schaub. Both are limited, turnover machines but one is 32 and will be gone next year and one is 26 and will at least be on the roster next year.

Vance87
12-22-2013, 03:19 PM
No, we need to lose. Keep Schlob out there.

WolverineFan
12-22-2013, 03:21 PM
it would actually be insulting to him to have him start imo

he's not a franchise qb and he really has no future here.

How does that make him different from Schaub or Keenum?

Mr. Texan
12-22-2013, 03:29 PM
How does that make him different from Schaub or Keenum?

we've seen yates already. and he looked liked a mediocre qb. he isn't a franchise qb and he really aint much better than the 2 qb's we've already played.

it really doesn't matter at this point.

htownfan32
12-22-2013, 03:30 PM
we've seen yates already. and he looked liked a mediocre qb.

it really doesn't matter at this point.

We've seen less action out of Yates than we have out of Keenum.
Five starts vs. Keenum's 8 or whatever.

Mr. Texan
12-22-2013, 03:33 PM
We've seen less action out of Yates than we have out of Keenum.
Five starts vs. Keenum's 8 or whatever.

yates had 7 starts if you count the playoffs

Thorn
12-22-2013, 03:33 PM
If someone can come up with a good reason why we should start any of the QBs on our team, let me know.

2slik4u
12-22-2013, 03:35 PM
I say start him. He's been waiting patiently for a shot and schaub and keenum hasn't exactly outplayed him.

If just out of respect to him. If we stuck with keenum going 0-8 then why the hell not?

ziggy29
12-22-2013, 03:38 PM
If someone can come up with a good reason why we should start any of the QBs on our team, let me know.

Do we have any other players on the team who may have played some QB in high school?

(Yes, I'm joking, but only barely.)

Thorn
12-22-2013, 03:42 PM
I saw we line up our three QBs at receiver, have OD overthrow and underthrow all his passes to them so they can get creamed by the DBs and LBs just so they can find out what it's like.

JCTexan
12-22-2013, 03:48 PM
Schaub & Keenum haven't been doing anything for the offense so why the hell not?

Trap_Star
12-22-2013, 03:49 PM
hell no, keep schaub in.

we still haven't locked the #1 overall pick.

ziggy29
12-22-2013, 03:51 PM
I was going to say "What could it hurt?" until I remembered that he could lead the team to victory next week and potentially cost us the #1 draft pick.

And now the Ravens are stinking it up against the Evil Empire. The day just keeps spiraling down the drain....

PapaL
12-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Lets sign Jamarcus Russel and Tim Tebow and start them both. Championship!

Seegara
12-22-2013, 03:54 PM
If Keenum can't play then why not start Yates over Schaub. Both are limited, turnover machines but one is 32 and will be gone next year and one is 26 and will at least be on the roster next year.
I don't think so.

2slik4u
12-22-2013, 04:05 PM
I was going to say "What could it hurt?" until I remembered that he could lead the team to victory next week and potentially cost us the #1 draft pick.

And now the Ravens are stinking it up against the Evil Empire. The day just keeps spiraling down the drain....

Honestly, who cares if we miss out on the #1 pick. What's that mean? Missing out on bridgewater?

Can anyone say he is a can't miss QB?

We will be in the top 3 picks anyways.

What I'm getting at is it's not like there is an Andrew Luck or any other can't miss guy there. Just our luck...

Uncle Rico
12-22-2013, 04:05 PM
No way, gotta get Keenum back out there, he just needs more time. His stats in his first games is better than Elway and Manning! He is the future!

At least that way some of the deadbeats that have the nerve to bang on Andre for a few dropped balls will be able to come up with another round of excuses for their boy.

thunderkyss
12-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Honestly, who cares if we miss out on the #1 pick. What's that mean? Missing out on bridgewater?

Can anyone say he is a can't miss QB?

Just wait 'till Jacksonville pick him. Then we'll be saying how we're screwed because we have to face Luck & Bridgewater.

Playoffs
12-22-2013, 04:25 PM
Cut Schaub.

Cut Yates.

Sign free-agent QB Gary Kubiak to a one game deal. :truck:

Run the veer.

ziggy29
12-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Just wait 'till Jacksonville pick him. Then we'll be saying how we're screwed because we have to face Luck & Bridgewater.

Except that Jax can't finish with a higher draft pick than the Texans, being 2 games ahead with 1 to play. That means if the Texans have to face Bridgewater twice a year in a Jags uniform, it's their own fault for passing on him.

2slik4u
12-22-2013, 04:42 PM

T-Kiss, do you seriously believe bridgewater is going to be a great nfl QB? I'm not saying I know one way or the other but I'm not sure I can decipher sarcasm on the boards.

Texecutioner
12-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Fuuny thread that the OP says that it's a slap in the face to Yates. Lol!

As if Yates is some sort of starter material. Newsflash, Yates is a backup and no he does not deserve to be in there even over Schaub. Yates hasn't ever earned the right to start.

hradhak
12-22-2013, 07:34 PM
This isn't the YMCA. Not everyone gets to play. Yates is a dumpster fire and so is Schaub.
I say you direct snap to the RB and see how quickly they can run to the #1 pick in the draft.

2slik4u
12-22-2013, 07:55 PM

As if Yates is some sort of starter material. Newsflash, Yates is a backup and no he does not deserve to be in there even over Schaub. Yates hasn't ever earned the right to start.

Because keenum was just "lights out" in his 0-8 record, right? The only reason he isn't starting is due to injury. Matt Schaub single handedly started the train wreck that is the 2013 season. I'm just saying, if keenum gets 32 quarters to try and prove his worth, shouldn't Yates get more than 2?

At this point, we are starting the third and fourth RBs, flip flopping between back up QBs, playing our 3rd string TE and don't even get me started on the defensive backups that are playing.

The only reason they SHOULDNT play Yates is if he is a dead man walking and everyone in the FO knows he is cut the first opportunity they get. If they want him to remain on the team after 2013 then it would make sense to give him the start to see what he's made of under circumstances like these, two years removed from his playoff win.

Keenum has shown why the other 31 teams passed on him and why he was an UDFA.

Schaub is an absolute wreck that needs to retire.

Yates is no worse then these two guys.

JB
12-22-2013, 08:30 PM
Keenum has shown why the other 31 teams passed on him and why he was an UDFA.

Schaub is an absolute wreck that needs to retire.

Yates is no worse then these two guys.

He might still have some value if we don't let him play and prove he's no better... :kitten:

2slik4u
12-22-2013, 08:33 PM
He might still have some value if we don't let him play and prove he's no better... :kitten:

Now THAT train of thought actually has some merit.

Well played.

WolverineFan
12-23-2013, 04:43 PM

Yates is no worse than the 2 guys we've trotted out there all year long to the tune of 2-13. Yates has as much right to start as either of these other two bums.

Sigma
12-23-2013, 07:17 PM
hell no, keep schaub in.

we still haven't locked the #1 overall pick.

I thought we had it, who could steal it from us?

drs23
12-23-2013, 07:29 PM
I thought we had it, who could steal it from us?

To answer the same question in two posts: The Rams via the Skins trade would snake us if we win and they lose.

Sigma
12-23-2013, 07:36 PM
To answer the same question in two posts: The Rams via the Skins trade would snake us if we win and they lose.

I thought that the tiebreaker was the strength of schedule

with the same number of wins, the team with the easiest schedule wins the first pick

http://www.theredzone.org/Features/NFLStrengthofSchedule.aspx

here it says that we have an easiest schedule than the redskins, so they should get #2 pick overall (rams will get it in the end, but you get the point)

drs23
12-23-2013, 10:27 PM
I thought that the tiebreaker was the strength of schedule

with the same number of wins, the team with the easiest schedule wins the first pick

http://www.theredzone.org/Features/NFLStrengthofSchedule.aspx

here it says that we have an easiest schedule than the redskins, so they should get #2 pick overall (rams will get it in the end, but you get the point)

But St. Louis, which owns Washington’s first-round pick thanks to the 2012 Robert Griffin III trade, also remains in contention. If Washington loses on Sunday and Houston wins, then Washington would likely move ahead of Houston in the draft order (thanks to the strength of schedule tiebreaker), and the pick that Washington would send to St. Louis would be No. 1 overall.

This is what I was referring to which is consistent with what I've been hearing for a while.

link (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/23/first-overall-pick-down-to-texans-or-rams/)

thunderkyss
12-24-2013, 11:49 AM
T-Kiss, do you seriously believe bridgewater is going to be a great nfl QB? I'm not saying I know one way or the other but I'm not sure I can decipher sarcasm on the boards.

Not at all.

But I'm not sold on Luck either. I just know this board.

thunderkyss
12-24-2013, 11:51 AM

We're way past "starter material" now. This whole "earned the right" thing doesn't apply to anyone on the roster (at the QB position)

Thorn
12-24-2013, 04:25 PM
We're way past "starter material" now. This whole "earned the right" thing doesn't apply to anyone on the roster (at the QB position)

Yep. True. Quotable. Scientifically accurate. Mixing something new in the pipe true or something new in the glass true.

actual, genuine, literal, realapodictic, apodeictictruthfulsure

HJam72
12-29-2013, 07:24 AM
Yep. True. Quotable. Scientifically accurate. Mixing something new in the pipe true or something new in the glass true.

actual, genuine, literal, realapodictic, apodeictictruthfulsure

Yep, and God, Allah, and Budah all agree that it's like totally not wrong.