PDA

View Full Version : Schaub will start this week.

BullNation4Life
12-18-2013, 02:01 PM
Case out with sprained thumb.

WHO LET THE BOO BIRDS OUT!!!

Blake
12-18-2013, 02:02 PM
whole e sheet

badboy
12-18-2013, 02:03 PM
I'd love to MS go two and zero increasing his trade value.

NCTexan
12-18-2013, 02:04 PM
I was hoping for Yates.

mussop
12-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Case is hurt. Why not start Yates?

texanhead08
12-18-2013, 02:05 PM

He has no trade value with that contract. If we traded him the cap hit would kill us.

Exascor
12-18-2013, 02:07 PM
He has no trade value with that contract. If we traded him the cap hit would kill us.

Again - not true. We actually would gain 4 million in cap space by trading him. He may have no trade value but it wouldn't be bad for or cap situation.

Nitrofish
12-18-2013, 02:08 PM
Here come the conspiracy theories... IMO it will be nice to see a pro QB running the offense again. Look out Denver... You remember the ass whppin' Schaub put on you last time right? All Hail Matt Schaub! :kitten:

BullNation4Life
12-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Again - not true. We actually would gain 4 million in cap space by trading him. He may have no trade value but it wouldn't be bad for or cap situation.

I though they could gain 10 mil by releasing him? Could be wrong but swore that was what Pallilo said on radio yesterday

BullNation4Life
12-18-2013, 02:10 PM

Doesn't Yates have a hurt back? According to Wade last week Yates hurt his back sitting on the bench...

paycheck71
12-18-2013, 02:12 PM

Exactly!

Not true. His contract is absolutely tradable. He got most of his money last year, and the rest of his contract has $0 guaranteed. The ramifications would be the same as cutting him capwise, except that the entire amount of dead money would have to be eaten next year (I think) as opposed to using a June 1 designation. Even with that, it creates $4MM in cap room over keeping him.

paycheck71
12-18-2013, 02:14 PM
I though they could gain 10 mil by releasing him? Could be wrong but swore that was what Pallilo said on radio yesterday

The Texans can gain $11M in cap space by designating him as a June 1 cut. All it does is move $7MM of his dead money cap hit to 2015. They can gain $4MM and be rid of his dead money by just cutting him and eating the entire dead money amount in 2015.

paycheck71
12-18-2013, 02:14 PM

Exactly!

infantrycak
12-18-2013, 02:17 PM

Because everyone who gets paid to make these decisions knows Schaub gives them a better chance to win than Yates and/or Yates is injured.

Trade or cut is the same for the cap unless the June 1st option for cutting is exercised.

IDEXAN
12-18-2013, 02:22 PM
Good deal ! Say what you want, but it should be clear by now between Schaub and Keenum which player is (or has been), a legit NFL starting QB.
What will Schaub play like Sunday ? I have no idea, but this adds some suspense
to the equation, some uncertainty, something unexpected that you can bet the Broncos weren't looking for.

Playoffs
12-18-2013, 02:23 PM
...Yates is injured.

Yes, Wade said he hurt himself sitting on the bench. :ahhaha:

DX-TEX
12-18-2013, 02:23 PM
Good deal ! Say what you want, but it should be clear by now between Schaub and Keenum which player is (or has been), a legit NFL starting QB.
What will Schaub play like Sunday ? I have no idea, but this adds some suspense
to the equation, some uncertainty, something unexpected that you can bet the Broncos weren't looking for.

And yet we will still lose by 40+

paycheck71
12-18-2013, 02:24 PM
And yet we will still lose by 40+

I bet we score more than 3 points.

Showtime100
12-18-2013, 02:26 PM
Here come the conspiracy theories... IMO it will be nice to see a pro QB running the offense again. Look out Denver... You remember the ass whppin' Schaub put on you last time right? All Hail Matt Schaub! :kitten:

Yeah, I'll buy that. First thing I thought was "convenient" when I saw the thread. Thing is, I'm very happy about it if they are keeping Keenum on the sidelines for the remainder.

Let Schaub deal with the wolves on his way out the door. These last two games don't mean anything anyway.

2012Champs
12-18-2013, 02:32 PM
on the blitz yesterday they were talking through next year scenarios and came to a point where they said you have to draft a qb early and bring in a vet. The vet to play and give the rookie some time to come together and the only FA QB worth a damn would be Cutler/Vick. The assumption was Cutler stays at which point they said it might make sense to keep Matt around for another year. I dont know all the money that goes into it though

2012Champs
12-18-2013, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I'll buy that. First thing I thought was "convenient" when I saw the thread. Thing is, I'm very happy about it if they are keeping Keenum on the sidelines for the remainder.

Let Schaub deal with the wolves on his way out the door. These last two games don't mean anything anyway.

What happend to the last few games Case can prove what he is worth? Now he is "hurt" doesnt get his full shot and might need more time into next year :kitten:

PapaL
12-18-2013, 02:37 PM
Doesn't Yates have a hurt back? According to Wade last week Yates hurt his back sitting on the bench...

Makes you wonder where Case had his thumb. Hmmm...

texanhead08
12-18-2013, 02:40 PM
What happend to the last few games Case can prove what he is worth? Now he is "hurt" doesnt get his full shot and might need more time into next year :kitten:

Next year tank for Winston.

Showtime100
12-18-2013, 02:41 PM

Yeah, I thought about that too but am still cool with it if they just shelf him the rest of the way. As a big Cougar fan I have pulled for him to do well and maybe this is a snap judgement, but I never saw him as an heir-apparent. Maybe the Texans don't either and are trying to keep their backup from beginning next year injured..lol.

2slik4u
12-18-2013, 02:42 PM
Can't believe I'm saying this but thank God. I cannot watch another play from Keenum. I think we can all accept this being the end to the Keenum experiment. He has been absolutely brutal to watch after those first three games.

I don't like schaub as much as the next guy but as a fan I am in dire need of a win. It's been three months of losing. Even if we fall to the second or third pick because of it...who cares. There isn't really a clear cut #1 this year anyway.

I think schaub gives us a better chance to win over keenum and Yates.

Let's just finish the season and try to scrape a win or two.

deucetx
12-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Case out with sprained thumb.

WHO LET THE BOO BIRDS OUT!!!

Hopefully no one. At this point no one should care enough about this choice to boo the guy. Let him play the game. Not a big deal at this point and hopefully he has the game of us life so we can shock the world.

on the blitz yesterday they were talking through next year scenarios and came to a point where they said you have to draft a qb early and bring in a vet. The vet to play and give the rookie some time to come together and the only FA QB worth a damn would be Cutler/Vick. The assumption was Cutler stays at which point they said it might make sense to keep Matt around for another year. I dont know all the money that goes into it though

Yeah I heard that too and it actually made some sense. Doubt it happens though. Think the team is ready to cut ties in all ways and just move on. With how iffy this line may be next year it would be nice to let the incoming rookie sit and learn but these days teams want to throw them out in the fire. Works for some so hopefully it does for us too though we'll need a veteran in any case if we let Schaub walk.

IDEXAN
12-18-2013, 02:52 PM
We'll score some TDs because Denver's D can't stop anybody. And yea, maybe ultimately we get blown out again, on the other hand maybe the game is more like our performance vs the Pats. If nothing else, this new parameter adds some drama to the game.

TexansFight
12-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Can't believe I'm saying this but thank God. I cannot watch another play from Keenum. I think we can all accept this being the end to the Keenum experiment. He has been absolutely brutal to watch after those first three games.

I don't like schaub as much as the next guy but as a fan I am in dire need of a win. It's been three months of losing. Even if we fall to the second or third pick because of it...who cares. There isn't really a clear cut #1 this year anyway.

I agree with you. I think Matt Schaub is garbage but Keenum has been pathetic lately. We all need a win especially with the prospect of Rick Smith blowing another draft pick.

santo
12-18-2013, 03:08 PM
Honestly the whole team looks pathetic except for Watt.:swatter:

Here's to next year hoping we get a franchise quarterback that will be worth watching and a coach that can gameplan for both halves.

DX-TEX
12-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Who will be the back up QB? Yates back still hurt?

OzzO
12-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Ben Tate out for the rest of the season as well.

Showtime100
12-18-2013, 03:13 PM
Honestly the whole team looks pathetic except for Watt.:swatter:

Watt gets my vote. :D :D

kiwitexansfan
12-18-2013, 03:17 PM
Why not, if the team is still trying to play to win the game, Schaub may give them the best chance. I would presume Wade is still auditioning for the HC role.

Don't think it makes any difference though, still think we lose by 50.

Double Barrel
12-18-2013, 03:25 PM

I agree. 6 is more than 3. :fingergun:

As far as Schaub starting...'eh, who cares. This has been such a craptastic season that I couldn't care less if they just forfeited the games at this point.

Big Lou
12-18-2013, 03:43 PM
Schaub is our plan to keep Peyton off the field. Every drive Schaub will throw a pick six and keep Denvers Offense off the field.

2012Champs
12-18-2013, 03:44 PM
Case is injury prone :specnatz:

Vance87
12-18-2013, 03:50 PM
Schaub is our plan to keep Peyton off the field. Every drive Schaub will throw a pick six and keep Denvers Offense off the field.

lmao

Mr teX
12-18-2013, 04:06 PM

schaub season has returned!!!!!!!

Double Barrel
12-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Remember the first time the Texans beat Peyton Manning? Christmas eve 2006, with David Carr at QB and Stacey Mack running a career high 150+ yards. That was the same year the Colts won a Super Bowl.

Crazier things have happened than the idea of this Texans team beating Manning's Broncos. If it happens, though, expect the Broncos to win the Super Bowl. ;)

Thorn
12-18-2013, 04:21 PM
meh, whatever. As much as it pains me and nauseates me I will root for Schwabie boy this Sunday. Just don't expect me to put on my mini-skirt and wave my pom-poms.

GuerillaBlack
12-18-2013, 04:22 PM
Remember the first time the Texans beat Peyton Manning? Christmas eve 2006, with David Carr at QB and Stacey Mack running a career high 150+ yards. That was the same year the Colts won a Super Bowl.

Crazier things have happened than the idea of this Texans team beating Manning's Broncos. If it happens, though, expect the Broncos to win the Super Bowl. ;)

I thought we won that game off of the powerful leg of Kris Brown. He kicked a few field goals on the Carr drive stalls.

TejasTom
12-18-2013, 04:40 PM
This should help Johnson get to 1500 and possibly get him another 10/100 game.

2slik4u
12-18-2013, 04:41 PM
This should help Johnson get to 1500 and possibly get him another 10/100 game.

silver linings my man...silver linings...

TexansBlood
12-18-2013, 04:49 PM
I wish the guy well. This will be his last home game in Houston.

Hopefully he can get a W and then after good ridance.

nero THE zero
12-18-2013, 04:50 PM

That was the Dayne-train tearing up the Colts' D.

Double Barrel
12-18-2013, 04:54 PM
I thought we won that game off of the powerful leg of Kris Brown. He kicked a few field goals on the Carr drive stalls.

Brown was 2 for 2. He kicked the game winner. But, Carr hit AJ for a 17 yard gain with 0:58 on the clock to set up that kick.

Here's the play-by-play (http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=261224034&period=0).

infantrycak
12-18-2013, 04:58 PM
Brown was 2 for 2. He kicked the game winner. But, Carr hit AJ for a 17 yard gain with 0:58 on the clock to set up that kick.

Here's the play-by-play (http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=261224034&period=0).

Yup. Carr had a good day. He hit a hair under 70% and a TD and no INTs. It was his 4th game of the season with over 100 rating, something he did in no other season.

KA4Texan
12-18-2013, 05:11 PM
I just wonder if he stopped reading Jacoby's biography.

If he has, maybe he will stop helping the other team score. :kitten:

HOU-TEX
12-18-2013, 05:37 PM
Yup. Carr had a good day. He hit a hair under 70% and a TD and no INTs. It was his 4th game of the season with over 100 rating, something he did in no other season.

Pun intended :thinking:

HOU-TEX
12-18-2013, 05:42 PM
As much as I'm disappointed with all our QBs, Schaub can at least make the offense resemble an NFL offense...at times. I thought he was bad at reading blitzes until I got to watch Keenum the last 8 weeks. On most plays Schaub knows where he's going with the ball before the snap.

It'd be cool to see him win his last game at Reliant. BUT, I don't see that happening.

What if the new coaching staff decide to keep Schaub? Hmm

DexmanC
12-18-2013, 05:50 PM
After that no-first-down performance by Case last week, I have no problem starting Schaub. This team is playing for the #1 pick, anyway. Keep losing.

If Case doesn't get a TD in 3 downs, we're punting or kicking a FG. He has no intermediate throwing game whatsoever. We were seduced by the TD's he threw when D-coordinators prepared for him as if he were Schaub. Sit on the intermediate routes, dare him to beat us deep.

With Case, they open up all the intermediate stuff, and shut the deep game down. Since he's not a balanced player, he's good for no TD's and a billion punts and FG's. He's NOT the QB we thought he would be.

Schaub will get us another loss, but it may be a much closer game than it would be if Case were the starter.

chicagotexan2
12-18-2013, 06:10 PM
I can't root for Schaub anymore I just can't do it. I'm just happy this season and the Matt Schaub chapter are soon at an end.

thunderkyss
12-18-2013, 06:23 PM
We'll score some TDs because Denver's D can't stop anybody. And yea, maybe ultimately we get blown out again, on the other hand maybe the game is more like our performance vs the Pats. If nothing else, this new parameter adds some drama to the game.

Dollars to Donuts we know someone their defense can stop. He'll be mending a sore thumb come Sunday, but he'll probably throw just as many TDs had he started.

thunderkyss
12-18-2013, 06:26 PM
I agree with you. I think Matt Schaub is garbage but Keenum has been pathetic lately. We all need a win especially with the prospect of Rick Smith blowing another draft pick.

LoL..... Matt's going to bend that Denver D over in the first half. Then he's going to try to dizzy them the death as we run in circles between the 20s. Our defense (mostly McCain & his cohorts in the secondary) are going to allow the Broncos back in the game & Schaub will seal the deal....

For the Broncos. But....... I'm going to enjoy watching every minute of it. I'm going to fool myself into believing we can win & Fat Randy is going to save the day.

Dishman
12-18-2013, 06:28 PM

Moral victory! :fingergun:

Thorn
12-18-2013, 06:33 PM
http://www.juanelway.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Schaub-500x355.jpg

The Pencil Neck
12-18-2013, 07:02 PM
http://www.juanelway.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Schaub-500x355.jpg

msr

CloakNNNdagger
12-18-2013, 08:03 PM
As much as I'm disappointed with all our QBs, Schaub can at least make the offense resemble an NFL offense...at times. I thought he was bad at reading blitzes until I got to watch Keenum the last 8 weeks. On most plays Schaub knows where he's going with the ball before the snap.

It'd be cool to see him win his last game at Reliant. BUT, I don't see that happening.

The problem is.........so does the defense........

paycheck71
12-18-2013, 09:11 PM

That's not inconceivable, but still very unlikely. We'll draft a QB, and some argue that we need a veteran until that guy is ready. That veteran could be Schaub, but can you imagine the fan reaction if that actually happens?

Norg
12-18-2013, 11:29 PM
so this is official ..?????

anyway good we might actually score more then 13 points then

robroy72
12-19-2013, 01:39 AM

Lechler was 3rd string qb for the Raiders. Just hope, baby!

robroy72
12-19-2013, 01:40 AM
I wish the guy well. This will be his last home game in Houston.

Hopefully he can get a W and then after good ridance.

Amen,, brother!

santo
12-19-2013, 10:03 AM

Don't worry, as soon as we get down to the red zone, Schaub will look for Andre and wait till he's in quadruple coverage to throw him the ball. :toropalm:

The number one pick will be secured after this Sunday.:kingkong:

Marshall
12-19-2013, 10:16 AM
The Texans can gain $11M in cap space by designating him as a June 1 cut. All it does is move $7MM of his dead money cap hit to 2015. They can gain $4MM and be rid of his dead money by just cutting him and eating the entire dead money amount in 2015.

We need to roll as much of the dead money into 2013 and 2014 as possible because we need cap space for Watt's extension in 2015.

paycheck71
12-19-2013, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
We need to roll as much of the dead money into 2013 and 2014 as possible because we need cap space for Watt's extension in 2015.

Sorry, that should have read "...eating the entire dead money amount in 2014", not 2015.

Thorn
12-19-2013, 01:54 PM
You know, for the sake and sanity of everyone, I hope he doesn't throw a pick 6. :lol:

Double Barrel
12-19-2013, 02:27 PM
You know, for the sake and sanity of everyone, I hope he doesn't throw a pick 6. :lol:

I would not be shocked at all. It has to be one of those things that weighs so heavy on his mind that trying to avoid it ends up being the mental mistake that ultimately allows it to happen.

thunderkyss
12-19-2013, 02:57 PM

Washington would have to win next week for us to lock up the #1 overall.

Just saying.

thunderkyss
12-19-2013, 02:59 PM

The cap will go up in 2015.... We're in good shape.

CloakNNNdagger
12-19-2013, 09:26 PM
The cap will go up in 2015.... We're in good shape.

According to a June 2013 announcement by Goodell, NFL teams would project flat salary caps thru 2015: 2013 ($121 mln); 2014 (122 mln) 2015 (125 mln), and then in 2016 $130 mln. Even though the new lucrative TV deal goes into effect in 2014, any significant jump in the cap wouldn't occur until 2016 and after.

Texan_Bill
12-19-2013, 09:46 PM
Yes, Wade said he hurt himself sitting on the bench. :ahhaha:

"Cherubini! What did he fall off the bench? "

Signed,
Dr. Harvey Mandrake

~Any Given Sunday

paycheck71
12-19-2013, 10:08 PM
According to a June 2013 announcement by Goodell, NFL teams would project flat salary caps thru 2015: 2013 ($121 mln); 2014 (122 mln) 2015 (125 mln), and then in 2016 $130 mln. Even though the new lucrative TV deal goes into effect in 2014, any significant jump in the cap wouldn't occur until 2016 and after.

I saw a number of $126.x floated for 2014 just in the past week. I don't think it was an official announcement, but rather a "leak".

Norg
12-19-2013, 11:35 PM
I think we should keep Matt next year just for a Stop gap vet QB

and red shirt our QB of the future whoever that is

that should be the plan if everything goes good if it goes bad

our QBOTF would have to start like week 3

either way not like we are doing nothing next year best we can hope for is 9-7

paycheck71
12-20-2013, 03:23 AM

and red shirt our QB of the future whoever that is

that should be the plan if everything goes good if it goes bad

our QBOTF would have to start like week 3

either way not like we are doing nothing next year best we can hope for is 9-7

The Cowboys will almost certainly have to cut Orton since he's one of the few players that can give them some much needed cap relief. I think he'd be another option for a stop gap if Schaub is released.

thunderkyss
12-20-2013, 08:44 AM

We might as well give up if this organization is going to take a $10MM cap hit on a stop gap QB.

Oz Texan
12-21-2013, 06:57 AM

For those of you like this guy bashing Keenum I'll just say this. And no I'm not saying he will or won't be a great QB in the NFL.

There are lots of great QBs that were horrid their first year in the league

Peyton Manning 3-13
Troy Aikman 0-11
Warren Moon 3-13
Jim Kelly 4-12
Steve Young 1-4 then 2-12

Now given their status as Elite and HoF QBs these guys are not the norm I'll grant you. But this is proof that starting horribly does not mean you will be horrible going forward. History has proven in the NFL that putting a rookie in at starting QB has mostly disasterous outcomes. Most benefit from sitting 2-4 years behind a capable starter.

Am I sold on Keenum being the starter in the future no I'm not. I am saying is that given a chance he might become good or even great it's too soon to tell given the situation he has been placed in this year. I was also not sold on the above guys after their first year in the league.

Edit forgot this...
And to those of you saying I hope Matt comes in and wins a few games I only have this to say.
Screw that I don't want any reason for McNair to think about keeping Wade on as head coach or Schaub as a QB on this team. They both need to go.

beerlover
12-21-2013, 07:35 AM
Texans need to retire #8 forever, nobody should wear that uni especially another QB.

craneman
12-21-2013, 08:31 AM
whole e sheet
1 qtr Matt gets hurt, TJ comes in we WIN!!!!!

craneman
12-21-2013, 08:31 AM
Texans need to retire #8 forever, nobody should wear that uni especially another QB.
Amen

craneman
12-21-2013, 08:35 AM
Don't worry, as soon as we get down to the red zone, Schaub will look for Andre and wait till he's in quadruple coverage to throw him the ball. :toropalm:

The 1st pick wont promise you a great player anyway, why do we keep saying this?

2012Champs
12-21-2013, 11:41 AM
For those of you like this guy bashing Keenum I'll just say this. And no I'm not saying he will or won't be a great QB in the NFL.

Peyton Manning 3-13
Troy Aikman 0-11
Warren Moon 3-13
Jim Kelly 4-12

Now given their status as Elite and HoF QBs these guys are not the norm I'll grant you. But this is proof that starting horribly does not mean you will be horrible going forward. History has proven in the NFL that putting a rookie in at starting QB has mostly disasterous outcomes. Most benefit from sitting 2-4 years behind a capable starter.

Am I sold on Keenum being the starter in the future no I'm not. I am saying is that given a chance he might become good or even great it's too soon to tell given the situation he has been placed in this year. I was also not sold on the above guys after their first year in the league.

Edit forgot this...
And to those of you saying I hope Matt comes in and wins a few games I only have this to say.
Screw that I don't want any reason for McNair to think about keeping Wade on as head coach or Schaub as a QB on this team. They both need to go.

How many QBs start off poorly and never turn it around?

Also Case didn't get thrown in as a starter the second he was signed to the texans squad he was with the team all last year for those who don't remember

TejasTom
12-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Wonder if Wade will remove the "no audible" restriction...

thunderkyss
12-21-2013, 02:35 PM

Truth is (& I'm one of the guys bashing Case) we don't know & we won't know. I know the more savy members here blamed Schaub for the predicament this team is in, but his absence over the last several weeks should have convinced us it is deeper than that.

But it's difficult to determine just what we've got in Case Keenum with the team we've got around him.

The big problem about that, is we don't have the time to "figure" it out. We're about to have an opportunity to add a potential franchise QB (there are too many in this draft not to take one with the QB questions we have) to the team.

Like Ben Tate needed to answer some questions about who he is, Case had his own share & did not answer one. We know as much about Case now, as we did before he stepped on the field.

Peyton Manning 3-13
Troy Aikman 0-11
Warren Moon 3-13
Jim Kelly 4-12

Now given their status as Elite and HoF QBs these guys are not the norm I'll grant you.

True.... & Case's college history says maybe he can be that kind of QB. But the scouts saw too many questions. Not running a pro offense, not playing against the best of the best, not tall enough...

There are still as many reasons for Case to fail as there is for him to succeed. & the deck is stacked even higher against him.

The Pencil Neck
12-21-2013, 04:32 PM
Wonder if Wade will remove the "no audible" restriction...

The offense isn't designed with "audibles", it's designed with "options". Instead of the QB having to completely change the play when he reads the defense, all he has to do is choose a different option.

To transform this offense from an "option" based offense to an "audible" based offense would take a complete re-design of how things are done.

So.

No.

JB
12-21-2013, 04:52 PM
The offense isn't designed with "audibles", it's designed with "options". Instead of the QB having to completely change the play when he reads the defense, all he has to do is choose a different option.

To transform this offense from an "option" based offense to an "audible" based offense would take a complete re-design of how things are done.

So.

No.

Hopefully, Schaub won't choose the "pick 6" option this week

CloakNNNdagger
12-21-2013, 04:56 PM
How many QBs start off poorly and never turn it around?

Also Case didn't get thrown in as a starter the second he was signed to the texans squad he was with the team all last year for those who don't remember

As a scout team quarterback, meaning essentially his function was mostly to simulate upcoming potential opponents...........not trying to emulate a Texans quarterback and offfense.

2012Champs
12-21-2013, 05:05 PM
[/B]
As a scout team quarterback, meaning essentially his function was mostly to simulate upcoming potential opponents...........not trying to emulate a Texans quarterback and offfense.

I'm sure he never saw a playbook, never talked to any coaches, players especially QBs probably wasn't even coached at all. Let's stop acting like the kid was drafted this year and thrown on the field

JB
12-21-2013, 05:09 PM
I'm sure he never saw a playbook, never talked to any coaches, players especially QBs probably wasn't even coached at all. Let's stop acting like the kid was drafted this year and thrown on the field

What? Are you trying to say he saw tons of reps as the #1 qb and saw action against the #1 def at anytime? Dude was thrown in with even less coaching and preparedness than most rookies, and all rookies meant to be a starter at some point.

2012Champs
12-21-2013, 05:14 PM
What? Are you trying to say he saw tons of reps as the #1 qb and saw action against the #1 def at anytime? Dude was thrown in with even less coaching and preparedness than most rookies, and all rookies meant to be a starter at some point.

The excuses just don't stop, the lottery ticket odds etc. He has spent more than a year and change on the team so let's stop acting like this is his first year here and he was thrown into it

infantrycak
12-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Good lord folks - the truth is in the middle. Keenum has been in all the meetings and film sessions discussing and analyzing how the playbook is run and how to attack each D right there along side Schaub and TJ. He did get reps (mixed this off-season with all sorts of combinations of players) running the offense out of the Texans playbook. He has not prior to starting gotten any reps with the 1st O on 1st D and some of his time, which Schaub would have spent on studying the upcoming D, has been spent studying the upcoming O to run the scout team. He isn't a rookie and he hasn't had the prep of an expected starter.

JB
12-21-2013, 05:32 PM
The excuses just don't stop, the lottery ticket odds etc. He has spent more than a year and change on the team so let's stop acting like this is his first year here and he was thrown into it

Excuses? Geez, I've never thought the guy was starter material. But stop acting like he's had all this developmental help for two years. I'm sure the speed of the game is far faster than anything he's seen in practice or training camp. If some people like him, what do you care? Why go bashing someone because of who they like? You just like telling everyone their idiots because they don't think like you?

2012Champs
12-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Excuses? Geez, I've never thought the guy was starter material. But stop acting like he's had all this developmental help for two years. I'm sure the speed of the game is far faster than anything he's seen in practice or training camp. If some people like him, what do you care? Why go bashing someone because of who they like? You just like telling everyone their idiots because they don't think like you?

I didn't tell anyone they were an idiot. He has been getting developmental help the last two seasons. People can like him but be realistic about things.

thunderkyss
12-21-2013, 08:29 PM
But stop acting like he's had all this developmental help for two years. I'm sure the speed of the game is far faster than anything he's seen in practice or training camp.

All I want is for him to beat a basic blitz. I want to be able to move the ball in the second half & possibly score if we need to. Our opponents are sending basic blitzes at him (albeit from different directions) & he's not able to beat them.

Matt Flynn hasn't been in a Packer's practice for 2 years, but he found a way to make the Cowboys pay for blitzing him.