PDA

View Full Version : Ben Tate IR'ed

CloakNNNdagger
12-18-2013, 12:56 PM
..............after re-injurying his cracked ribs in the last game.link (http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/12/18/texans-place-ben-tate-on-injured-reserve/)

DJ is IT for the rest of the season.

JB
12-18-2013, 01:00 PM
Isn't Karim still on the team? Call up from practice squad guy maybe?

DX-TEX
12-18-2013, 01:00 PM
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 5m
Phillips says Keenum hurt his thumb the last time he was sacked. Said he couldn't grip a football yesterday. #Texans

There will be blood Sunday. Going to be ugly

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans 1m
Case Keenum did not practice Wednesday due to a right thumb injury. He's out on Sunday.

Welp.....

Trap_Star
12-18-2013, 01:03 PM

fuuuuuuuuuu..........garbage time/season schaub is dangerous.

Playoffs
12-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Are we trying to out-Redskin the Redskins? :hmmm:

The Pencil Neck
12-18-2013, 01:04 PM

I think Karim was re-signed last week. He ran 4 times for 21 yards.

TheIronDuke
12-18-2013, 01:05 PM
The Pats have this pretty good RB on their practice squad, maybe we should snag him! :kitten:

Blake
12-18-2013, 01:06 PM
Tate obviously feels that he has shown enough this season as that is the only reason he didnt go on IR the first time. What a clown. Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

TheIronDuke
12-18-2013, 01:08 PM
Tate obviously feels that he has shown enough this season as that is the only reason he didnt go on IR the first time. What a clown. Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Pretty wishy washy if you ask me, either sit your ass out or don't.

Nitrofish
12-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Karim still on the team. He was resigned when the Texans cut all of those players for their bad hotel behavior. Tate is McFadden... Great RB at times, but made of glass.

CloakNNNdagger
12-18-2013, 01:11 PM
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 5m
Phillips says Keenum hurt his thumb the last time he was sacked. Said he couldn't grip a football yesterday. #Texans

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans 1m
Case Keenum did not practice Wednesday due to a right thumb injury. He's out on Sunday.

Welp.....

In my post in the Keenum thread, I mentioned the most common and likely ligament injury to the thumb would be the ulnar collateral ligament, and if so, gripping the football would be the concern..........obviously, it is this ligament, and it is the problem. http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2270254&postcount=1336

TexansSeminole
12-18-2013, 01:15 PM

What? A clown that played through four broken ribs?

Tate showed more heart than the majority of our team did this year. Sure he lashed out at fans when we went through a stretch where an injury to our long-time QB was cheered and the team was (rightfully) booed for poor performance.

Whatever. People need to understand that players get frustrated too and sometimes they say dumb stuff too. Kind of like the dumb stuff that you just said. To act like Tate is a bad apple when he put more than enough on the line for the team this year is a joke.

What does this even mean? He fought through injury, perhaps for a contract but our team was the beneficiary.

PapaL
12-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Some of y'all don't deserve to have a local team. Unbelievable comments.

TheIronDuke
12-18-2013, 01:25 PM

Tate showed more heart than the majority of our team did this year. Sure he lashed out at fans when we went through a stretch where an injury to our long-time QB was cheered and the team was (rightfully) booed for poor performance.

Whatever. People need to understand that players get frustrated too and sometimes they say dumb stuff too. Kind of like the dumb stuff that you just said. To act like Tate is a bad apple when he put more than enough on the line for the team this year is a joke.

What does this even mean? He fought through injury, perhaps for a contract but our team was the beneficiary.

It means that he was OK to play with broken ribs in order to show enough to try to make more in free agency but now is not able to play with the same injury. But mostly it was a "wishy washy" joke which I thought was pretty clear. My bad. I'm personally glad I'll never see Ben Tate carry the ball for the Texans ever again.

Hervoyel
12-18-2013, 01:29 PM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/1385603069713_zpscf988c47.jpg

Who cares really? Seriously if anyone can get mad about Schaub starting or Tate shutting it down at this point then I give up. They are obviously better, more invested fans than I am.

Two more games and the string will be played out. I don't need to see anymore of Tate because he's going to play for someone else next year. I don't need to see anymore of Keenum because he's at best playing to be a backup somewhere in the league next year.

It just doesn't matter.

gwallaia
12-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Fresh legs in at running back!

PapaL
12-18-2013, 01:40 PM
Fresh legs in at running back!

Turnover prone QB and RB. #Championship

Watch us do something stupid like beat Denver. I'll laugh all the way to the top floor at Wilford Hall (crazy ward).

deucetx
12-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Karim still on the team. He was resigned when the Texans cut all of those players for their bad hotel behavior. Tate is McFadden... Great RB at times, but made of glass.

And apparently holds onto a football like a loaf bread also...

Blake

Perhaps he played for a contract? lol ok.

Runner

SOP around here. Any ex-Texan, or player assumed to be an ex-Texan in the near future, is either a talentless ***hole who never should have been in the league or a washed up has-been, also likely to now be an ***hole.

deucetx
12-18-2013, 01:51 PM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/1385603069713_zpscf988c47.jpg

Who cares really? Seriously if anyone can get mad about Schaub starting or Tate shutting it down at this point then I give up. They are obviously better, more invested fans than I am.

Two more games and the string will be played out. I don't need to see anymore of Tate because he's going to play for someone else next year. I don't need to see anymore of Keenum because he's at best playing to be a backup somewhere in the league next year.

It just doesn't matter.

Basically everything he said. Best of luck to Tate where ever he lands.

IDEXAN
12-18-2013, 01:54 PM
This rookie Johnson is quicker than banged-up Ben, he hits the hole very quickly.
Ben is leaving anyway, therefor lets also start the tryouts for Fosters backup next year.

kiwitexansfan
12-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Ben Tate has played his last game as a Texan. Thanks for the mediocre memories.

Marcus
12-18-2013, 02:41 PM

I've been saying that for the past 3 or 4 years, I think. :(

Wolf
12-18-2013, 03:00 PM
Are we trying to out-Redskin the Redskins? :hmmm:

The rams got a hell of a first round pick

Mr teX
12-18-2013, 03:04 PM
He's probably....http://www.frostimaging.com/rant/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Champagne_Pop.jpg right now b/c he knows he's gone next year & he doesn't have to go out & play on this abomination of a team anymore this year.

DBCooper
12-18-2013, 03:15 PM

Clown?

The dude played with broken ribs. Gets a tough guy nod in my book.

I don't blame him for sitting the rest out, he will get some good money next year from some team.

CloakNNNdagger
12-18-2013, 03:16 PM
A familiar face resurfaces. The Texans have signed Jonathan Grimes

TejasTom
12-18-2013, 03:44 PM
A familiar face resurfaces. The Texans have signed Jonathan Grimes

Super Bowl...

Wait, too late.

Sigma
12-18-2013, 04:26 PM
at least some good news

I mean, I'm sorry for the guy but this way we may get to keep him at a cheap price

TheIronDuke
12-18-2013, 04:31 PM
at least some good news

I mean, I'm sorry for the guy but this way we may get to keep him at a cheap price

Hahahaha, no, sorry, he's most certainly gone and it won't be for a cheap price either.

deucetx
12-18-2013, 04:32 PM
at least some good news

Naw he's gone. He wants to start and he's not doing that here since Arian isn't going anywhere. More power to him. Running backs don't have long in the league so you have to get it while you can so can't blame the guy. He's just competitive and wants his time on the field.

Thorn
12-18-2013, 04:33 PM
Thanks Ben for trying to play with injured ribs, I know that must have hurt. I, for one, appreciate that. However, you ARE injury prone. That's to bad because you are talented.

I'm sure another team will sign you.

thunderkyss
12-18-2013, 05:40 PM
He's probably....http://www.frostimaging.com/rant/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Champagne_Pop.jpg right now b/c he knows he's gone next year & he doesn't have to go out & play on this abomination of a team anymore this year.

I'd be extremely upset if I were Ben.

With Foster hurt this year & the rookie QB being inserted into the game, everything was set up perfect for him to show he could be that workhorse everybody wants.

He did not put together the year he wanted to because of injury. He'll have to decide whether to sign a one year deal, bet on himself, or take a safe multi year deal with an outside shot at being a starting RB.

He fumbled the ball three times in his last two games right?

I wouldn't be happy at all.

Playoffs
12-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Clown?

The dude played with broken ribs. Gets a tough guy nod in my book.

I don't blame him for sitting the rest out, he will get some good money next year from some team.

I agree. No telling how many needles you have to take to cover the pain of 4 cracked ribs. He deserves to get paid -- this is it for him, for his life.

I think Tate can do well in varied schemes. Not perfect for ZBS, but pretty darn good at times.

infantrycak
12-18-2013, 06:07 PM
I agree. No telling how many needles you have to take to cover the pain of 4 cracked ribs. He deserves to get paid -- this is it for him, for his life.

I think Tate can do well in varied schemes. Not perfect for ZBS, but pretty darn good at times.

He cracked a 5th rib in the last game.

I agree. All this Tate hate is ridiculous.

Double Barrel
12-18-2013, 06:10 PM

http://i.qkme.me/3rw4jf.jpg

I don't have a problem with Tate playing for a contract. What else would he be playing hard for on such a crappy team with that kind of injury?

RBs have short professional lives in the NFL, so dude has to make it when he can. This is business. I can't fault a man for taking care of his business, and by extension, his family.

JB
12-18-2013, 06:50 PM
I wish Tate all the best, and also think that Kubiak with his doghouse routine jaundiced the eye of a few because he didn't really get a lot of opportunity here. He did look good when he got a chance.

Just curious, who is looking for a starting rb out there? Cleveland? New England maybe? Miami?

CloakNNNdagger
12-18-2013, 07:09 PM
He cracked a 5th rib in the last game.

I agree. All this Tate hate is ridiculous.

Texans | Ben Tate has another cracked rib

Houston Texans RB Ben Tate (ribs) was put on the Injured Reserve Wednesday, Dec. 18, after suffering his fifth cracked rib. However, Tate tweeted that he doesn't have a cracked rib but instead re-injured his other ribs that hadn't healed. RB Dennis Johnson will start in Tate's place with RB Deji Karim serving as his backup.

2013-12-18 12:01:52 | Source: ESPN.com - Tania Ganguli

No matter what you may think of Tate, he has left no doubt that he is a true warrior.

chicagotexan2
12-18-2013, 09:18 PM
Tate pissed me off with his comments but the dude player hard. It's too bad he fumbled about as often as he got hurt.

bhsman
12-18-2013, 09:27 PM
Tate played hard when he was already due for a big payday next year and through broken ribs, no less. He called out dumb fans for putting their satisfaction before the team and continued to play hard anyways. I hope he gets paid.

Thanks for the divisional championships, Tate. Lots of luck in finding a good place to play, whether here or elsewhere.

Brisco_County
12-19-2013, 12:18 AM

Remember the next time you call into work sick, you called a guy a clown because he wouldn't play a ninth football game with four re-broken ribs.

The real world seems to be a complicated place for you guys. It's as if you watch these athletes on TV and consider them actors in a reality show instead of real people. Or maybe I have you pegged wrong, and you're a zen master of self restraint elevated so highly above these frustrated athletes that they're fair game for your criticism.

Blake
12-19-2013, 07:15 AM
Remember the next time you call into work sick, you called a guy a clown because he wouldn't play a ninth football game with four re-broken ribs.

Riiiiiight. Because those two situations are obviously exactly the same.

:rake:

TheIronDuke
12-19-2013, 07:42 AM
There is absolutely no chance that if he had these rib issues last year that he would have played. He only put on his big boy pants in his contract year and I guess showed that maybe he can play through pain even though he never did before. Funny how all of a sudden he is able to battle through injuries when his entire time here he can't even play with minor issues. Still has the fumbles though, so he's got that going for him.

PapaL
12-19-2013, 07:57 AM
http://i.qkme.me/3rw4jf.jpg

I don't have a problem with Tate playing for a contract. What else would he be playing hard for on such a crappy team with that kind of injury?

RBs have short professional lives in the NFL, so dude has to make it when he can. This is business. I can't fault a man for taking care of his business, and by extension, his family.

That's what I mean. Dude played with cracked ribs and he's a clown? Tate can't run anymore, he's hitting the hole soft, etc...that's exactly what wishy washy fans would say. THOSE are the ones that can go suck a .... they are wishy washy as hell.

PapaL
12-19-2013, 08:00 AM
There is absolutely no chance that if he had these rib issues last year that he would have played. He only put on his big boy pants in his contract year and I guess showed that maybe he can play through pain even though he never did before. Funny how all of a sudden he is able to battle through injuries when his entire time here he can't even play with minor issues. Still has the fumbles though, so he's got that going for him.

If by "minor" issue you mean a BROKEN ankle and a hamstring TEAR, then yes those along with his CRACKED ribs were very minor. You must be a part of the crackpot medical staff the Texans employ.

TheIronDuke
12-19-2013, 08:07 AM
If by "minor" issue you mean a BROKEN ankle and a TORN hamstring, then yes those along with his CRACKED ribs were very minor. You must be a part of the crackpot medical staff the Texans employ.

Obviously I'm not saying a torn hamstring is a minor issue, don't be ridiculous. Let's not pretend Ben Tate hasn't had little nagging injuries his entire time in Houston. Basically he's Sharpton of the offense. I have broken a rib before and I don't remember it taking 3 months to heal.

Edited to add that it was a broken ankle that cost him his rookie season. Don't know what "torn" hamstring you're talking about. I remember Tate complaining of a hamstring issue that the medical staff couldn't find anything wrong with though.

PapaL
12-19-2013, 08:20 AM
Obviously I'm not saying a torn hamstring is a minor issue, don't be ridiculous. Let's not pretend Ben Tate hasn't had little nagging injuries his entire time in Houston. Basically he's Sharpton of the offense. I have broken a rib before and I don't remember it taking 3 months to heal.

Edited to add that it was a broken ankle that cost him his rookie season. Don't know what "torn" hamstring you're talking about. I remember Tate complaining of a hamstring issue that the medical staff couldn't find anything wrong with though.

I meant tear, not torn. My bad.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/12/ben-tate-houston-texans-acupuncture/

“Tate just hasn’t come along,” Kubiak told reporters. “Everybody thought he could—our trainers, our doctors—but he hasn’t, so we’ll listen to him.”

Privately, Tate fumed. He had been working harder than ever, changing his diet and embracing all manners of rehabilitation. What was being reported as a hamstring injury was actually a hamstring tear, he says. He had been given a four to six week timetable for returning but missed only three weeks.

“For him to say that to the media,” Tate says, “that made me feel like, Why would I want to come back and play for someone that’s putting me down, when you know what I’m going through? For him to make it seem like I’m a lazy guy or not a tough guy, that was really unfair to me.

Let's not pretend that you working with your broken rib compares to an NFL RB working with 4 broken ribs. In your broken rib situation, how many grown ass men where hitting you in the ribs?

If a RB doesn't have nagging issues then guess what, his ass isn't playing. Guess that means Arian and AJ are also the Sharpton's of the offense huh?

Blake
12-19-2013, 08:28 AM
That's what I mean. Dude played with cracked ribs and he's a clown? Tate can't run anymore, he's hitting the hole soft, etc...that's exactly what wishy washy fans would say. THOSE are the ones that can go suck a .... they are wishy washy as hell.

Wow. I didnt realize people on this board were so sensitive.

Here are a couple of quotes to help you remember who Tate really is.

“Tate just hasn’t come along,” Kubiak told reporters. “Everybody thought he could—our trainers, our doctors—but he hasn’t, so we’ll listen to him.”

“I kind of have to be selfish. I want the team to win. I want to help them out. But I have to be selfish to the fact that this is my opportunity. The pain gets put to the side.

“I would be lying if I said the contract year wasn’t on my mind,” he says. “It was an opportunity I felt like I couldn’t let fall by the wayside. It definitely played a part in me dealing with the pain and playing through it."

"I want to be somewhere where I’m appreciated,”

Yall are getting hung up on me calling him a clown. Which he is. But yall obviously are relating that to him working through pain and not the fact that he is only playing for his next deal and makes dumb comments.

PapaL
12-19-2013, 08:37 AM

Yall are getting hung up on me calling him a clown. Which he is. But yall obviously are relating that to him working through pain and not the fact that he is only playing for his next deal and makes dumb comments.

Name a single NFL player that plays for free. They're ALL playing for the next contract. Was AJ a clown when he wanted a new contract after he realized he signed a crappy one?

Should he say, "Well not that Arian is hurt I'm just gonna half ass it. He's better than I am"? Maybe Brady should have balled up in the fetal position when Bledsoe went down too huh?

You sir, are the clown. Real easy to sit in your recliner and judge a guy for wanting whats best for himself when it's not your body on the line.

DBCooper
12-19-2013, 08:37 AM

Methinks Tate is not the one making dumb comments.

Who's sensitive? We just don't agree with you.

Blake
12-19-2013, 08:54 AM
Name a single NFL player that plays for free. They're ALL playing for the next contract. Was AJ a clown when he wanted a new contract after he realized he signed a crappy one?

Should he say, "Well not that Arian is hurt I'm just gonna half ass it. He's better than I am"? Maybe Brady should have balled up in the fetal position when Bledsoe went down too huh?

You sir, are the clown. Real easy to sit in your recliner and judge a guy for wanting whats best for himself when it's not your body on the line.

When did I say Tate played or should play for free? What the hell are you even talking about?

I have an opinion about Ben Tate. Instead of disagreeing with the assessment and provide reasoning you decide that attacking me would be the best choice?

P.S. Its not a recliner. Its a couch.

Marshall
12-19-2013, 08:55 AM

He got some playing time last week, so he's active.

Marshall
12-19-2013, 08:56 AM
fuuuuuuuuuu..........garbage time/season schaub is dangerous.

Activate TJ and see what he can do.

Blake
12-19-2013, 08:57 AM
Methinks Tate is not the one making dumb comments. Who's sensitive? We just don't agree with you.

Methinks disagreeing is fine.

PapaL
12-19-2013, 09:12 AM
When did I say Tate played or should play for free? What the hell are you even talking about?

I have an opinion about Ben Tate. Instead of disagreeing with the assessment and provide reasoning you decide that attacking me would be the best choice?

P.S. Its not a recliner. Its a couch.

You just said "reminded" us who Tate really is:

So according to you he's only playing for money. He's played through injuries, battled the Kubiak dog house, and called out the wishy washy clowns.

So it's attacking when I call you a clown? Hello pot, this is kettle.

Blake
12-19-2013, 09:21 AM
You just said "reminded" us who Tate really is:
So according to you he's only playing for money. He's played through injuries, battled the Kubiak dog house, and called out the wishy washy clowns.

Yes. According to me he is only playing through the pain for money. HIS NEXT CONTRACT! Why is that so hard to understand?

So it's attacking when I call you a clown? Hello pot, this is kettle.

THOSE are the ones that can go suck a .... they are wishy washy as hell.

You cant minimize your comments now. You are more interested in attacking me as a fan than you are in defending Tate with his actions and words.

HOU-TEX
12-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Thanks Ben for trying to play with injured ribs, I know that must have hurt. I, for one, appreciate that. However, you ARE injury prone. That's to bad because you are talented.

I'm sure another team will sign you.

I agree, Thorn. I know he was playing for a contact this season. Would he have played through this after getting a new contract? I don't know.

I appreciate any player that plays through pain. It takes a totally different mindset to ignore pain enough to still perform.

I think a team will sign him. I don't think it'll be what Tate thinks it's going to be, however.

Double Barrel
12-19-2013, 10:49 AM

After watching Houston '93 on "A Football Life", I came to realize that this so-called "wishy washy" fan base is a direct result of 50+ years of wishy washy pro football teams. Both the Oilers and Texans, while unrelated franchises, seems to share the same aura of choke to some degree.

Fans boo'ed Warren Moon as he took the field in 1993, and fans boo'ed Matt Schaub as he took the field in 2013.

This fan base sells out a stadium but cannot bother to attend games when the team is down. How about giving those tickets to less fortunate fans that would still go?? That is wishy washy as a collective fan base.

People take these kinds of comments so personal, but I just saw it as perception that certainly holds some truth.

Tate is ready to get the hell out of Dodge. I don't blame

TheIronDuke
12-19-2013, 12:59 PM
I didn't know that Ben Tate was such a polarizing figure on the team. I also didn't know that not thinking he's the greatest running back of all time makes me a wishy washy fan. If anyone cares to look up my post history I have never been a big Tate supporter so I'm certainly not wishy washy on my feelings on him. He's never going to play a down for the Texans again and I'm perfectly happy with that.

I will bet anything that after he signs his next contract he will spend the majority of his time with that next team on IR or won't play because of various injuries. And on the off chance he actually does play I'm sure he'll fumble a lot like he always has. God forbid the team he's on next gets booed by the home town fans because he might be shocked to find that there are fans outside of Houston who actually DO boo their own team. It's like everyone forgets the freaking Chiefs cheering a QB injury just last year and booing their own team.

PapaL
12-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Yes. According to me he is only playing through the pain for money. HIS NEXT CONTRACT! Why is that so hard to understand?

You cant minimize your comments now. You are more interested in attacking me as a fan than you are in defending Tate with his actions and words.

You act like every player in a contract year isn't playing for "HIS NEXT CONTRACT". What else is he suppose to be playing for?

I'm not minimizing anything. I called you a clown and firmly stand by it. I have more respect for a guy that is injured and still suits up, contract year or not, then some clown on a internet board bashing the same player.
:clown:

PapaL
12-19-2013, 01:18 PM
After watching Houston '93 on "A Football Life", I came to realize that this so-called "wishy washy" fan base is a direct result of 50+ years of wishy washy pro football teams. Both the Oilers and Texans, while unrelated franchises, seems to share the same aura of choke to some degree.

Fans boo'ed Warren Moon as he took the field in 1993, and fans boo'ed Matt Schaub as he took the field in 2013.

This fan base sells out a stadium but cannot bother to attend games when the team is down. How about giving those tickets to less fortunate fans that would still go?? That is wishy washy as a collective fan base.

People take these kinds of comments so personal, but I just saw it as perception that certainly holds some truth.

Tate is ready to get the hell out of Dodge. I don't blame

I understand that DB. They cheer for these players when they're here, boo them when they leave, and then yurn for them to come back. It's the ex-girlfriend syndrome.

In Tate's situation he was drafted to be RB1. Hell he might be right now if it wasn't for the broken ankle and Arian going crazy. If a players settles for being a back up and isn't pushing and challenging the starter, why have them? I will support every single Texan for these next two weeks and wish the ones that don't return nothing but the best. I wish some of these "fans" would also leave in FA.

TheIronDuke
12-19-2013, 01:52 PM
I understand that DB. They cheer for these players when they're here, boo them when they leave, and then yurn for them to come back. It's the ex-girlfriend syndrome.

In Tate's situation he was drafted to be RB1. Hell he might be right now if it wasn't for the broken ankle and Arian going crazy. If a players settles for being a back up and isn't pushing and challenging the starter, why have them? I will support every single Texan for these next two weeks and wish the ones that don't return nothing but the best. I wish some of these "fans" would also leave in FA.

That's the difference between players and fans. They'll go to another team but fans stick around. I didn't know that you had to love every single player when they're a Texan and when they're not in order to be a good fan. People who think they're better fans than others and tell other people how to be fans are the worse kinds of fans IMO. No need to name call posters and be an a-hole to everyone because someone called a player a name, I don't think he's gonna bang you bro.

Blake
12-19-2013, 02:11 PM
You act like every player in a contract year isn't playing for "HIS NEXT CONTRACT". What else is he suppose to be playing for?

I think you have officially confused yourself on what we are arguing about. Me calling Tate a clown, for whatever reason clearly irked you, and now we are going round and round but you keep changing the argument (or insult).

I'm not minimizing anything. I called you a clown and firmly stand by it. I have more respect for a guy that is injured and still suits up, contract year or not, then some clown on a internet board bashing the same player.
:clown:

So that makes you a guy on an internet board, bashing a guy on an internet board over bashing some player.

Lol OK. I am sorry I dont have your respect. You really showed me.

PapaL
12-19-2013, 04:18 PM
That's the difference between players and fans. They'll go to another team but fans stick around. I didn't know that you had to love every single player when they're a Texan and when they're not in order to be a good fan. People who think they're better fans than others and tell other people how to be fans are the worse kinds of fans IMO. No need to name call posters and be an a-hole to everyone because someone called a player a name, I don't think he's gonna bang you bro.

My point w that dude is that he gets butthurt when someone calls him a clown but he can call someone who he has never interacted with a clown? I find it ridiculous to question a players motive when he's obviously playing injured.

PapaL
12-19-2013, 04:20 PM
I think you have officially confused yourself on what we are arguing about. Me calling Tate a clown, for whatever reason clearly irked you, and now we are going round and round but you keep changing the argument (or insult).

Naw dude, you stance is wishy washy. It keeps changing. Tell me some more who Ben Tate is and how much he sucks.

Brisco_County
12-20-2013, 12:43 AM

So he's a clown because he played through broken ribs to earn a big contract? Scandalous. Are you a trust fund baby or something?

Kubiak was wrong.

Privately, Tate fumed. He had been working harder than ever, changing his diet and embracing all manners of rehabilitation. What was being reported as a hamstring injury was actually a hamstring tear, he says. He had been given a four to six week timetable for returning but missed only three weeks.

Link (http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/12/ben-tate-houston-texans-acupuncture/).

We have a credible doctor on this forum who states over and over that recovery from a hamstring injury shouldn't be rushed.

“I kind of have to be selfish. I want the team to win. I want to help them out. But I have to be selfish to the fact that this is my opportunity. The pain gets put to the side.

“I would be lying if I said the contract year wasn’t on my mind,” he says. “It was an opportunity I felt like I couldn’t let fall by the wayside. It definitely played a part in me dealing with the pain and playing through it."

"I want to be somewhere where I’m appreciated,”

If you think there is anything wrong with any of those statements, then enjoy delivering pizza or whatever entry level job well into your forties.

HouSportsWriter
12-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Guys we should give Steve Slaton a call, if we want to give out chances to undrafted free agents. Why shouldn't we see what Slaton can do. He at least had a 1000 yard season in the nfl.

TheIronDuke
12-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Guys we should give Steve Slaton a call, if we want to give out chances to undrafted free agents. Why shouldn't we see what Slaton can do. He at least had a 1000 yard season in the nfl.

I don't know what's dumber, you saying that if you could add any player in the NFL who isn't a QB that you'd choose Eric Winston in another thread or if it's this post I quoted.

Either way, you really should stop calling yourself a "sports writer" if this is what you're going to write about.

HouSportsWriter
12-20-2013, 01:44 PM
I don't know what's dumber, you saying that if you could add any player in the NFL who isn't a QB that you'd choose Eric Winston in another thread or if it's this post I quoted.

Either way, you really should stop calling yourself a "sports writer" if this is what you're going to write about.

Eric Winston was my pick for quickest improvement. Do you honestly feel that the Texans O- Line is not a issue? I don't think any QB could feel safe, and perform at a high level behind our O-Line. Winston is a quick fix, and I stick by my decision on picking him.

Slayton was a very good running back, but hit a bump in his career. I would not mind seeing him return even as a camp body. Because he has experience, and was a decent running back. We are not going to the playoffs. That is why I see no issue paying a small contract on a player. That could be a boom, or a bust.

TheIronDuke
12-20-2013, 01:50 PM
Eric Winston was my pick for quickest improvement. Do you honestly feel that the Texans O- Line is not a issue? I don't think any QB could feel safe, and perform at a high level behind our O-Line. Winston is a quick fix, and I stick by my decision on picking him.

Slayton was a very good running back, but hit a bump in his career. I would not mind seeing him return even as a camp body. Because he has experience, and was a decent running back. We are not going to the playoffs. That is why I see no issue paying a small contract on a player. That could be a boom, or a bust.

Winston is the worst RT in the NFL, statistically worse than Newton, and you'd take him over ANY player in the NFL? Yeah, OK. Instead of taking Joe Thomas and moving him to RT, pick up freaking Winston. Good analysis.

Slaton is through, he hasn't freaking played football for 2 years and we should give him a shot? It's not even worth talking about yet here I am, never mind. Yeah, let's get Slaton in here, he's a beast.

The Pencil Neck
12-20-2013, 06:32 PM
Yeah, let's get Slaton in here, he's a beast.

You realize that HouSportsWriter's name used to be SlatonIsABeast, right?

HouSportsWriter
12-20-2013, 06:35 PM
I was waiting for some one to respond with that. :kubepalm:

Thorn
12-20-2013, 06:57 PM
I'm still a fan of HouSportsWriter. I like where he was and where he has become.

TheIronDuke
12-20-2013, 07:20 PM

Yes, which is why I said that.

Just want to add that he's made huge strides in typing and grammar and I'm happy for him, too. But I'm going to call out silly opinions when I see them and talking about bringing Slaton in is just ridonculous.