PDA

View Full Version : PAIN: Denver vs. Houston Predictions

Thorn
12-16-2013, 12:11 PM
For some reason I just felt the need to start this thread this week. I have no idea why. We are going to get our butts kicked by Denver who actually needs this game. After we lose we should have pretty much secured the number 1 pick in the draft where there isn't a franchise QB available, which is what we need.

Hey guys, we suck! We can't even manage to lose right! LOL

Mountain Ponies 53
Moo Cows 6

santo
12-16-2013, 12:16 PM
Since that field goal was a fluke in the Colts game, I predict we get shutout this week.

35-0

:gun:

TEXANRED
12-16-2013, 12:17 PM
For some reason I just felt the need to start this thread this week. I have no idea why. We are going to get our butts kicked by Denver who actually needs this game. After we lose we should have pretty much secured the number 1 pick in the draft where there isn't a franchise QB available, which is what we need.

Mountain Ponies 53
Moo Cows 6

You are being awfully generous to the Texans offense. Kick that down to three points and I agree you.

TheIronDuke
12-16-2013, 12:18 PM
They'll probably be resting Peyton by the 4th, no chance we can cover even half of their weapons and their pass rush is going to kill us. 37-6 if we play our best.

HOU-TEX
12-16-2013, 12:18 PM
Game's already over

Runner
12-16-2013, 12:19 PM

Mountain Ponies 53
Moo Cows 6

Six points seems like a lot. That is two (2) scores. A touchdown and missed PAT would get them there though.

YeaLikeRightNow
12-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Every week we think we've hit rock bottom, until another game day comes along...then we hit rock bottom even more.

I say we are pretty much under the rocks at the moment. I don't see how we can even dare to compete with Denver, when the Jaguars humiliated us here at home just a few weeks ago. And it's going to be watched by the majority of the nation I suspect?

Next year, I am sure the networks and the NFL will black-out most Texans games except for the Texas Gulf Coast area...they are THAT bad.

Denver - 56
Houston - 6

I believe Houston will score a touchdown on a freak play in garbage-time, and then miss the two-point conversion....trying to catch up with 2:00 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Pollardized
12-16-2013, 12:23 PM
Texans win a close one, 34-31 on a last second Randy Bullock 55 yard field goal.

revan
12-16-2013, 12:32 PM
We will probably give them a good game like we did with NE. lol.

Playoffs
12-16-2013, 12:39 PM
Peyton Manning throws 7 TDs...

then Brock Osweiler throws 3 TDs...

then Zac Dysert throws a TD.

Texans D stiffens against the run, though :koolaid:, and Watt gets a safety on Manning -- we lose 77-2.

Mr teX
12-16-2013, 01:15 PM
Manning's only 3-4 TD away from breaking the single season TD mark. He does that against us this week....how fitting seeing as though 1/2 his total TD's probably came against us for 8 years playing in this division....He wants to bring it back to where it all began!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:vincepalm:

Vance87
12-16-2013, 01:35 PM
Texans lose a close one, 34-31 on a last second Randy Bullock 55 yard missed field goal.

Fixed :kitten:

eriadoc
12-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Denver + 56
Houston - 6

Fixed that for you. :D

texanhead08
12-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Donkeys 56
Texans 3

Bulls on Parade
12-16-2013, 03:22 PM
Broncos 37, Texans 0

kiwitexansfan
12-16-2013, 03:35 PM
I think we will set a new record for incompetency.
We lose 74-21.
Concede 23 penalties for 215 yards.

CretorFrigg
12-16-2013, 03:41 PM
My prediction? It's going to be bad.

TheMatrix31
12-16-2013, 04:37 PM
This is the only game I'd be "ok" with losing if we're gonna, and it has nothing to do with us.

**** New England.

I don't think it'll be a crazy blowout though, since Denver is not clicking on all cylinders at the moment.

imatexan
12-16-2013, 05:33 PM
As long as we have Keo and Harris on the field we will get beat, badly.

I can't believe these 2 guys are on our roster they are so bad, can't cover or tackle! I mean there has to be some rookie or SOMEONE who at least has some determination and can make a play once in a while.

Broncos 31
Texans 17

Showtime100
12-16-2013, 06:02 PM
This is the only game I'd be "ok" with losing if we're gonna, and it has nothing to do with us.

**** New England.

I don't think it'll be a crazy blowout though, since Denver is not clicking on all cylinders at the moment.

That's kind of my take on it as well. I think Houston will keep it inexplicably close, you know, keeping with the Houston sports M.O. so as to somehow break our hearts as the clock expires even though at gametime none of us expected to win.

70-0 Broncos.....

kidding.

34-27 Broncos. And don't ask me where Houston comes up with all these points. :D :D

I'm still trying to figure out what happened yesterday. All I know is when the drugs wear off I'm going to be highly upset. :roast:

Double Barrel
12-16-2013, 06:22 PM
Manning's only 3-4 TD away from breaking the single season TD mark. He does that against us this week....how fitting seeing as though 1/2 his total TD's probably came against us for 8 years playing in this division....He wants to bring it back to where it all began!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yep, this was going to be my prediction, too. Manning will set records next weekend against his favorite punching bag.

If only the Broncos would go Harlem Globetrotters in this game against the Houston Generals. I always loved that bucket trick where they act like they are going to throw water on the crowd and it turns out to be confetti. And who wouldn't love to see Manning twirl the football on his finger before he throws it behind his back for a 70 yard TD? That could be a fun game with Wade looking confused on the sideline, per his usual look.

Marcus
12-16-2013, 06:37 PM
After we lose we should have pretty much secured the number 1 pick in the draft where there isn't a franchise QB available, which is what we need.

Absolutely agree with that. Just our luck we'd pick the year to get the 1st overall when nobody is worth it.

As for predicting the score . . um . . why?:mcnugget:

infantrycak
12-16-2013, 06:37 PM

:vincepalm:

yep, this was going to be my prediction, too. Manning will set records next weekend against his favorite punching bag.

Just by way of a historical note. He was in this position when he set the 49 TD record and went away short.

OzzO
12-17-2013, 08:33 AM
It'll be a close one.

100k watching it live for Denver
80k DVR it for Houston

BigBull17
12-17-2013, 09:33 AM

**** New England.

I think we're just what the doctor ordered for a team sputtering.

First, we can't do a fuhggin thing vs a pick play. They do that more than anyone ever.

Second, speed pass rushers give us issues. Miller will feast on Newton.

Third, pace and spreading us out kills us. That's all they do.

Forth Keo trying to cover Julius Thomas. Barf

This will be a very ugly game.

TEXANS84
12-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Denver's points may be higher than the "actual" attendance.

TD
12-17-2013, 09:46 AM
I'll go ahead and predict we win the first quarter before getting blown out.

thunderkyss
12-17-2013, 10:07 AM
I think our defense has a bad problem of playing to our opponents level. They're going to harrass Peyton all day.

Texans 16
Broncos 9

Blake
12-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Texans 7
Broncos 35

JB
12-17-2013, 10:24 AM
Texans 7
Broncos 35

2 safties and a FG? :hurrah:

santo
12-17-2013, 10:38 AM
I think our defense has a bad problem of playing to our opponents level. They're going to harrass Peyton all day.

Texans 16
Broncos 9

:spit:

BullNation4Life
12-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Peyton brakes Brady's single season TD record this week with 5 TDs, giving him 52 in a blow out...

Broncos - 41

Texans - 9

Blake
12-17-2013, 02:01 PM
2 safties and a FG? :hurrah:

No. A JJ Watt jump-tip-pick-break tackle-hurdle-carry 7 on his back 80 yards into the endzone play.

Duh.

:swatter:

Vance87
12-17-2013, 02:09 PM
We'll get 3 points. That's a given.

TejasTom
12-17-2013, 02:09 PM
I predict the only way to watch is with a bottle of crown

MEGA SWATT
12-17-2013, 02:12 PM
Broncos 41
Texans 10

Seegara
12-17-2013, 02:52 PM
Until this week we had always played the good teams a close game. New precedent established?
Wild Nags 33
Texans 0
It's going to be brutal.

Bulls on Parade
12-17-2013, 02:57 PM
The better question to ask is how many Touchdown passes will Peyton Manning throw? I'll say four but that's being generous to the Texans defense. He'll more likely throw for six or seven.

thunderkyss
12-17-2013, 03:47 PM
We'll get 3 points. That's a given.

I predict fat Randy nails a 64 yarder to put us on the board.

Bulls on Parade
12-18-2013, 12:24 AM
I've been hesitant to bring this up because it's all done with but did anybody watch ABC 13's Inside the Game show this past Sunday Night? According to Spencer Tillman, who spoke with Archie Manning, he confirmed from his father's own mouth that Peyton Manning did want to sign with the Houston Texans two off-season ago and he would have taken less money to come here instead of Denver.

At any rate, Peyton Manning still feels slighted that the Texans didn't want him and he has something to prove during Sunday's game at Reliant Stadium. I still cringe every time I watch Bob McNair's interview around that time where he said we didn't need Peyton Manning because we already had Matt Schaub.

As if Peyton Manning hasn't dominated us enough since our expansion season in 2002, I guess he feels the inner desire to have one more monster game at the expense of the Houston Texans. Oh what could have been my friends.

badboy
12-18-2013, 12:41 AM
When I think of House of Pain, 2013 is not what I was expecting.

Texn4life
12-18-2013, 12:44 AM
I've been hesitant to bring this up because it's all done with but did anybody watch ABC 13's Inside the Game show this past Sunday Night? According to Spencer Tillman, who spoke with Archie Manning, he confirmed from his father's own mouth that Peyton Manning did want to sign with the Houston Texans two off-season ago and he would have taken less money to come here instead of Denver.

At any rate, Peyton Manning still feels slighted that the Texans didn't want him and he has something to prove during Sunday's game at Reliant Stadium. I still cringe every time I watch Bob McNair's interview around that time where he said we didn't need Peyton Manning because we already had Matt Schaub.

As if Peyton Manning hasn't dominated us enough since our expansion season in 2002, I guess he feels the inner desire to have one more monster game at the expense of the Houston Texans. Oh what could have been my friends.

I told people on this board during free agency that Peyton reached out to the Texans. This was his number 1 choice and somehow Kubiak convinced Bob Schaub was the better option.

Even worse there were a couple of free agents who wanted to follow Peyton here and would've signed on the cheap if it happened. I've gotten over it, but watching Peyton light it up early in the season like he has pissed me off.

My prediction for the game is a lot for them to a little for us. 45-6

Thorn
12-18-2013, 08:23 AM
This is Houston. If we didn't have bad luck we'd have no luck at all.

santo
12-18-2013, 09:00 AM

:choke::gun::hankpalm:

Oh well, I hope Bob learned from that experienced and hires a good coach.

Showtime100
12-18-2013, 09:02 AM

Man, cringe-worthy indeed. How Bud Adams-esque of him.

IDEXAN
12-18-2013, 09:25 AM
I'm sure not gonna predict a Texans' victory, but I am confidant that we score some TDs if Keenum's injury is serious enough to permit Schaub to start in his place. Denver just doesn't have a very good defense.

BullNation4Life
12-18-2013, 09:50 AM

If this is true, then shame on the Texans for not kicking the tires, that being said, with the Texans luck with veteran players coming to Houston, I am glad they didn't sign Manning.

Manning didn't even have feeling in his right arm during that process. He comes to Houston, Texans release Schaub, and with THIS O-line, remember they cut Winston and let Breisel go, Manning would have gotten hurt again and the Texans are in the same boat with a inflated contract and damaged goods QB...

Hindsight is always 20/20 and she is a heart breaker and regret maker...

thunderkyss
12-18-2013, 10:11 AM
I told people on this board during free agency that Peyton reached out to the Texans. This was his number 1 choice and somehow Kubiak convinced Bob Schaub was the better option.

I can't imagine a team that went gaga & did back-flips to get Ed Reed wouldn't have rolled out the red carpet for Peyton Manning.

Injury or no. Glover Quin, imo, was a much better safety prospect than Matt Schaub is @ QB.

thunderkyss
12-18-2013, 10:13 AM
...with THIS O-line, remember they cut Winston and let Breisel go, Manning would have gotten hurt again and the Texans are in the same boat with a inflated contract and damaged goods QB...

Manning would make Newton look like an all-pro

Texn4life
12-18-2013, 11:11 AM
I can't imagine a team that went gaga & did back-flips to get Ed Reed wouldn't have rolled out the red carpet for Peyton Manning.

Injury or no. Glover Quin, imo, was a much better safety prospect than Matt Schaub is @ QB.

Kubiak pulled the wool over Bob's eyes in regards to Manning and Schaub. Don't be fooled when the Texans say they didn't at least entertain it because that's a lie, but they did back off pretty quick on him.

thunderkyss
12-18-2013, 07:03 PM
Kubiak pulled the wool over Bob's eyes in regards to Manning and Schaub. Don't be fooled when the Texans say they didn't at least entertain it because that's a lie, but they did back off pretty quick on him.

If Kubiak could sell that goat to Bob, he'd still be employed today.

Texn4life
12-18-2013, 10:11 PM
If Kubiak could sell that goat to Bob, he'd still be employed today.

When you lose like we did at the end of last year, and then lose 11 games in a row this year the gloss was off of that goat. The Kubiak era ran its course and it was obvious to everyone. He actually did a great job with Schaub, but he topped out and there was no where to go but down from there. The team gambled with Schaub coming off of injury, hit a couple of 7's out the gate, and then rolled snake eyes over and over and over.

kiwitexansfan
12-18-2013, 10:57 PM
I predict that for a week after the game finishes people will be posting in the game thread that they think the Broncos just scored again....

CloakNNNdagger
12-20-2013, 07:46 PM
The Broncos haven’t lost back-to-back games since Weeks 2-3 in 2012. They’ve won four straight games following a loss by an average of 18.3 points per game. With another win, the Broncos will post consecutive 12-win seasons for the second time in team history (three straight from 1996-98).

The Texans have lost a franchise-record 12 straight games after beginning the season with a 2-0 start. The only other team over the last five years to have a losing streak that long was the 2011 Indianapolis Colts, who started 0-13 without Manning.link (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1894405-denver-broncos-vs-houston-texans-breaking-down-denvers-game-plan)

Seegara
12-20-2013, 07:47 PM

Even worse there were a couple of free agents who wanted to follow Peyton here and would've signed on the cheap if it happened. I've gotten over it, but watching Peyton light it up early in the season like he has pissed me off.

My prediction for the game is a lot for them to a little for us. 45-6
Peyton M. couldn't have played under Kubiak. Can you imagine a QB under Kubiak barking out changes in formation and plays at the line of scrimmage? Manning's effectiveness is his ability to read defenses and adjust, which Kubes wouldn't have tolerated.

Thorn
12-20-2013, 07:54 PM
whatever. LOL.

We'll get our butt's kicked this Sunday. Say bye-bye to Wade and the rest of them. We'll be starting over again next year with whomever.

HJam72
12-22-2013, 08:47 AM
What Kubiak said: Schaub is our man. We don't need Peyton. He might not even ever play again. We would have to lose a bunch of guys because of what we'd have to pay Peyton under the Salary Cap. Plus, Peyton calls audibles constantly and that doesn't work in my offense.

What McNair should have said: You're fired.

Yesterday
12-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Texans can't score points with who must be the worst OC in the NFL calling plays in Rick Dennison. However, I expect Wade's D to at least slow Peyton down a little...27-9, broncos.

Bulls on Parade
12-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Broncos 37, Texans 0
Looks like I underestimated the Texans today. They scored 13 points! :mariopalm:

CretorFrigg
12-23-2013, 12:56 AM
My prediction? It's going to be bad.

I was right.

Vinny
12-23-2013, 01:16 AM
Texans can't score points with who must be the worst OC in the NFL calling plays in Rick Dennison. Watching his offense combined with watching one of his press conferences don't inspire confidence. I know he's low key and all but so is his offense.

TheIronDuke
12-23-2013, 08:34 AM
They'll probably be resting Peyton by the 4th, no chance we can cover even half of their weapons and their pass rush is going to kill us. 37-6 if we play our best.

Damn, I'm pretty good (that's what she said), they even rested Peyton IN the 4th. I just missed a Texans TD.

HOU-TEX
12-23-2013, 10:25 AM
Watching his offense combined with watching one of his press conferences don't inspire confidence. I know he's low key and all but so is his offense.

Call Kubiak what ya will, but he was the offense. Good or bad, the offense depended on Kubiak.

That said, Wade needs to be shown the door as soon as 00:00 hits the clock next week. I understand it was Manning, but that defense was an utter failure. They could've run it or passed it with ease. 2-3 years in a row we've had an atrocious LB corps. Our pass rush sucks to high Heaven and we can't cover anyone long enough for a mediocre pass rush to get there.