PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network: Texans Needs To Get Back On Track

YeaLikeRightNow
12-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Interviewing certain personnel from the network, including Charlie Casserly; most experts feel that the Texans are a team ready for a coach to walk-in and go to the playoffs. Kansas City Version II.

Main need: Figure out the QB position. Mold Keenum, acquire Jay Cutler or draft.

Offense: Running Back situation Tate and Foster, two offensive linemen needed.

Defense: Cornerback

Special Teams: Coach them.

Fairly straightforward and fixable, provided a coach is hired who is flexible and disciplinarian...like Bob said: Energetic!

infantrycak
12-06-2013, 07:10 PM
No Jay Cutler.

ATXtexanfan
12-06-2013, 07:20 PM
No Jay Cutler.

indeed.

redwhiteANDblue
12-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Am I the only one that likes Jay Cutler? He can sling it if he has time. Fix up that O-line and I'm okay with it. But obviously wouldn't be my first option.

I don't like any of rookies coming out this year. And if Texans are really in win now mode, I don't trust Bridgewater or whoever else that's in the draft.

TejasTom
12-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Am I the only one that likes Jay Cutler? ....

His mom likes him.

acal21
12-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Am I the only one that likes Jay Cutler? He can sling it if he has time. Fix up that O-line and I'm okay with it. But obviously wouldn't be my first option.

I don't like any of rookies coming out this year. And if Texans are really in win now mode, I don't trust Bridgewater or whoever else that's in the draft.

No you're not, i like him more than any qb we have on our roster

the reason i would like to pick him up is so that we can use our 1st pick on clowney... i like the qbs in the draft just not that much

SchaubApologist
12-06-2013, 07:56 PM

the reason i would like to pick him up is so that we can use our 1st pick on clowney... i like the qbs in the draft just not that much

No way we take Clowney:

"Junior DE Jadeveon Clowney has "worn out his welcome" at South Carolina, according to Dan Pompei.
"It has been well documented that Clowney plays and practices only when he feels like it," Pompei writes. "Other red flags with Clowney, according to multiple front-office men, are his unusual family situation, his entourage, his inconsistent work ethic and the fact that he has worn out his welcome at South Carolina. Some suspect he is motivated strictly by money, and a big payday could leave him too satisfied." These are strong words, and we will likely hear a lot more about the monstrous defensive end throughout the draft process. This, however, is the first instance of Clowney's family and entourage being questioned."

TheIronDuke
12-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Please don't use the words "interview" and "Casserly" in the same sentence ever again.

Showtime100
12-06-2013, 08:06 PM

I guess that means I like the flu because it isn't pneumonia.

No sir. No Cutler for me. The exasperation alone would take years off my life....lol.

mussop
12-06-2013, 08:07 PM
No way we take Clowney:

"Junior DE Jadeveon Clowney has "worn out his welcome" at South Carolina, according to Dan Pompei.
"It has been well documented that Clowney plays and practices only when he feels like it," Pompei writes. "Other red flags with Clowney, according to multiple front-office men, are his unusual family situation, his entourage, his inconsistent work ethic and the fact that he has worn out his welcome at South Carolina. Some suspect he is motivated strictly by money, and a big payday could leave him too satisfied." These are strong words, and we will likely hear a lot more about the monstrous defensive end throughout the draft process. This, however, is the first instance of Clowney's family and entourage being questioned."

IF this is true it will come out. Right now I would take it with a grain of salt.

bhsman
12-06-2013, 08:08 PM
The only downside to Cutler worth considering, to me, is that he is already 30 years old. He's a great talent but I'd rather invest in a new guy if it came down to it, either Bridgewater or someone else.

No way we take Clowney:

So are you gonna cite this quote or just leave a character assassination and assume we all believe you?

tvaughan
12-06-2013, 08:10 PM

I think the expectations for QBs on this board are sometimes unrealistic. I get the impression there are two tiers here and anyone below those just plain SUCKS.

SchaubApologist
12-06-2013, 08:11 PM
The only downside to Cutler worth considering, to me, is that he is already 30 years old. He's a great talent but I'd rather invest in a new guy if it came down to it, either Bridgewater or someone else.

So are you gonna cite this quote or just leave a character assassination and assume we all believe you?

www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/131251/jadeveon-clowney

welsh texan
12-06-2013, 08:33 PM
I think the expectations for QBs on this board are sometimes unrealistic. I get the impression there are two tiers here and anyone below those just plain SUCKS.

If by two tiers you mean tier 1 = "elite" & tier 2 = "franchise" then please list the teams you see performing to the expectations of this fanbase for our team this year (deep playoff run not 1 win in wildcard round) who don't have a QB in one of those tiers.

eriadoc
12-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Am I the only one that likes Jay Cutler?

I liked Jay Cutler several years ago. At this point, no thanks.

infantrycak
12-06-2013, 08:38 PM

What is unrealistic about not wanting Cutler? The goal is for the team to improve. He isn't as good as pre-injury Schaub.

WolverineFan
12-06-2013, 08:39 PM
There are some concerns on Clowney. If this stuff is true, most of it will be out of the bag after the combine.

SchaubApologist
12-06-2013, 08:42 PM
What is unrealistic about not wanting Cutler? The goal is for the team to improve. He isn't as good as pre-injury Schaub.

This.

Additionally, there is no way we can afford him with all the dead money that will be on the books for 2014. We literally have to get cheap production from the qb position ala the draft or keenum.

SchaubApologist
12-06-2013, 08:44 PM
There are some concerns on Clowney. If this stuff is true, most of it will be out of the bag after the combine.

The bag is open & it ain't pretty

TheIronDuke
12-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Barr is going to be a better prospect than Clowney, hope the FO sees it this way.

Uncle Rico
12-06-2013, 08:51 PM
Only difference between Schaub and Cutler is that 1 throws 50 yd InTs the other 20 yds.

Clowney is scratched from my list after some digging. Go Barr and have 2 beserker pass rushers if defense is the route.

For me its Teddy B <winki>

tvaughan
12-06-2013, 08:59 PM

A pre-injury Schaub was very good! We had a shot at the Super Bowl until Schaub went down that year.

The chances of our QB next year being better than a pre-injury Schaub are very low.

mussop
12-06-2013, 09:07 PM
The bag is open & it ain't pretty

Yes you are so informed. You read an internet article.

SchaubApologist
12-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Yes you are so informed. You read an internet article.

This is not the first ive read about clowney's red flags.

You seem upset. I hope a franchise qb (teddy bridgewater) heals your heart.

drs23
12-06-2013, 09:20 PM
No way we take Clowney:

Was it a note taped to the coach's door?

Just axin'.

SchaubApologist
12-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Was it a note taped to the coach's door?

Just axin'.

lol, i think rick learned his lesson after the sam montgomery debacle.

Thorn
12-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Only difference between Schaub and Cutler is that 1 throws 50 yd InTs the other 20 yds.

Clowney is scratched from my list after some digging. Go Barr and have 2 beserker pass rushers if defense is the route.

I'm afraid Clowney is off my list after today as well after doing some reading up on him. Whoever drafts him is going to get another Mario Williams.

drs23
12-06-2013, 09:40 PM

Or before since we're discussing it now. Sad thing, it's old news.

acal21
12-06-2013, 09:45 PM
Call me crazy but I am not ready to just cut Schaub, if you really think about it he might be our best option at QB next year and it doesn't seem like this team is going into a rebuilding mode just yet

We all sit here and talk bad about Kubiaks schemes and how he doesn't let his QBS audible and run a no huddle and what not, I think Schaub is capable of doing all the things Kubiak wouldn't let him do

Schaub only works with the right coach coming in but i still think he works

tvaughan
12-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Call me crazy but I am not ready to just cut Schaub, if you really think about it he might be our best option at QB next year and it doesn't seem like this team is going into a rebuilding mode just yet

We all sit here and talk bad about Kubiaks schemes and how he doesn't let his QBS audible and run a no huddle and what not, I think Schaub is capable of doing all the things Kubiak wouldn't let him do

I think you're right that Schaub can still succeed with another coach. I just don't think it can be here. The first sigh of trouble the fans will go berserk calling for the backup and Schaub will feel the pressure and start looking like he did this year. Just too much baggage for him and the team.

I think we will cut him and he will have his pick of a lot of teams from which to sign with.

SchaubApologist
12-06-2013, 10:05 PM

You're crazy.

Get your head checked. ;)

Norg
12-06-2013, 10:51 PM
this is gonna be bad esp if we don't do a clean reset

esp at the GM and FO look SMith was a lae duck who u think had imput in the draft and F/a all this time KUBES Kubes had all the power and when wade came he himself even had some input in the draft

so were does that leave Smith now that he might be all alone now no kubes or wade

a lame duck GM

and when a new coach comes in don't u think he gonna want his own coaches his own DEF or OFENSE his own type of players

and ESP a GM that he knows not some stranger

if bob goes into next year with what I think might happen its gonna be bad for the Texans for YEARS with a S to come

acal21
12-06-2013, 11:06 PM
I think you're right that Schaub can still succeed with another coach. I just don't think it can be here. The first sigh of trouble the fans will go berserk calling for the backup and Schaub will feel the pressure and start looking like he did this year. Just too much baggage for him and the team.

I think we will cut him and he will have his pick of a lot of teams from which to sign with.

Schaub is tougher than you think, keep calling me crazy

If he can get back to throwing the ball deep more often he can make it work

It all depends on the coach coming in

Im the 1st person that wants to get more athletic at QB, lets wait to see how this super bowl plays out before we are convinced the NFL is changing

ThaShark316
12-06-2013, 11:31 PM
No way we take Clowney:

Same ol character assassination of Black draftees pre-draft. *shrug*

Just like they did Cam, Geno....another top player; time to destroy.

The Pencil Neck
12-06-2013, 11:38 PM
If he can get back to throwing the ball deep more often he can make it work

I don't think he can, anymore. I think that foot injury has removed that aspect of his game except in certain circumstances and I think it's made him not trust himself on quick reads to beat blitzes. I just don't think he's able to do it and I doubt he'll ever be able to do it again.

SAMURAITEXAN
12-06-2013, 11:49 PM
I just wonder why there's so many character and attitude problem players are at NCAA level teams. If you are talented and aware of your problem, you can have your character and attitude problem after graduated from Uni and do it on your private time. They have a chance to make mil and mil of money by drafted high that they may not able to make this kind of money otherwise. Even 10 yrs old can see this. They can have their problem in private life and after their career is over, they can do whatever they wish. Even this means they get arrested or whatever. This tells me, something is wrong with schooling system. Some players should not even belong to college level of intelligence.

CretorFrigg
12-06-2013, 11:49 PM

Turning this into a race issue, dude? Really? :smiliepalm:

SchaubApologist
12-06-2013, 11:56 PM

Oh geez.

You got it, buddy

leebigeztx
12-07-2013, 12:11 AM
As I keep saying, Bridgewater is so easy,this is checkers,not chess. The consistent argument on this board is the evaluation of Teddy Bridgewater. I as I've said many times is a franchise qb. He's beyond solid,every report talks about how cerebral he is not to mention his poise period. No more pocket panic we've seen with schaub and case. He processes info quick,can drive the ball and has incredible accuracy.

mussop
12-07-2013, 12:16 AM
:swatter:

You seem upset. I hope a franchise qb (teddy bridgewater) heals your heart.

You mean the cross dressing teddy Bridgewater? It must be true I read it on the internet and there is pics and everything. :fingergun:

SchaubApologist
12-07-2013, 03:26 AM
:swatter:

You mean the cross dressing teddy Bridgewater? It must be true I read it on the internet and there is pics and everything. :fingergun:

rotoworld does not publish wish wash.

anywho, this clowney stuff is old news if you have been paying attention.

:bender:

bckey
12-07-2013, 04:41 AM
No Jay Cutler.

Agreed. The Texans can't afford high dollar free agent qb's when they absorb the dead money from Schaub's contract. This next draft will be critical to how fast the Texans can turn this mess around along with finding the right head coach.

Texecutioner
12-07-2013, 06:26 AM
No way we take Clowney:

It's amazing that all if this info has been out all season long and yet Texans fans keep screaming from the roof top for this jerk. You would think that people would have learned from having a slacker like Mario Williams all of those years and then seeing the difference when you get a beast like Watt who goes all out on every play with an endless motor. Some fans will never learn from previous problems though and will just buy into media glamour. God I would hate to see this guy end up as a Houston Texan.

axman40
12-07-2013, 06:49 AM

Someone who has not soured on the sour patch QB, I am shocked!
:stonecold:

ThaShark316
12-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Turning this into a race issue, dude? Really? :smiliepalm:

Oh geez.

You got it, buddy

Just wait til it's CLEAR that Bridgewater is going #1...

thunderkyss
12-08-2013, 02:47 PM

I think this team would be in a better position today had Shanahan not screwed us & blocked Jake Plummer's exit from Denver. Most people didn't want Plummer. He definitely had his warts. But I still believe he would have been the best option at the time.

Similar situation with Cutler. He's not elite. Most likely never will be. But we've got a team ready to win right now & he'll be the best option on the board if the Bears let him go (of course that is until we release Schaub).

Next on my list is Freeman, then Vick. All with Case on the bench.

Below Vick, is a rookie QB.

This team is in win now mode. Rookie QB does not scream win now to me & I felt better about winning with Sage than I do with Case Keenum..... jmo. Cutler doesn't have to be better than Schaub for this team to win.

infantrycak
12-08-2013, 03:09 PM
I think this team would be in a better position today had Shanahan not screwed us & blocked Jake Plummer's exit from Denver. Most people didn't want Plummer. He definitely had his warts. But I still believe he would have been the best option at the time.

Shanahan didn't block Plummer. Tampa traded for him and rather than play for them Plummer retired. We wouldn't trade for him or wouldn't pay as much as Tampa.

Norg
12-09-2013, 02:44 AM
next year is rebuilding time rather bob likes it or not

and when a new coach comes in he gets a 1 year free pass

so when Case fails these next 3 games the new coach will also Use Matt has a stop gap QB

if he does not like any of these Draft QB's trade the #1 pick for 3 #1 's LOL then maybe some time next year Fire Rick smith when this team is like 3-5 going into the bye

Trade off Foster and ANdre and Stockpile some picks and get rdy for a run in 2015 when the SB is in Houston / thread

TheMatrix31
12-09-2013, 02:50 AM
I like Cutler quite a bit still. His arm is awesome and he's mobile. Injuries are a problem for him though, but a few weren't exactly his fault. With the team in win-now mode, I'd rather give him a chance with this team than a rookie.

But it's not gonna happen.

As for this Clowney ****head, no. Even if the specifics of these accusations aren't true, I don't want anyone that even has QUESTIONS about their work ethic and motor. Top to bottom, the draft needs to be ANIMALS in the mold of JJ Watt and Brian Cushing.

Norg
12-09-2013, 03:11 AM
Derek Carr is now rated #2 on the QB prospect board ..LOL

I wonder if we go the screw it route and maybe trade back to the #3 spot and get Johnny football or the QB from UCLA and a extra #1 pick

or the safe route and just pick up Teddy #1

thunderkyss
12-09-2013, 03:57 PM
next year is rebuilding time rather bob likes it or not

and when a new coach comes in he gets a 1 year free pass

so when Case fails these next 3 games the new coach will also Use Matt has a stop gap QB

if he does not like any of these Draft QB's trade the #1 pick for 3 #1 's LOL then maybe some time next year Fire Rick smith when this team is like 3-5 going into the bye

Trade off Foster and ANdre and Stockpile some picks and get rdy for a run in 2015 when the SB is in Houston / thread

If it's our new coaches decision to allocate $10M on a stop gap QB, why would he get the pass & Rick Smith get the axe? Smith & Olsen structured a contract that allows us to part ways with Matt had he not proven he could win a Super Bowl in 2012/2013.

Matt did not prove that, it's time to move on. We can find a much cap-friendlier stop gap than Matt Schaub. Michael Vick would probably be interested in a one year contract. The Bears may decide they can live without Cutler, Cutler would probably welcome a 1 year deal to prove he's still got it.

Norg
12-09-2013, 05:04 PM
If it's our new coaches decision to allocate $10M on a stop gap QB, why would he get the pass & Rick Smith get the axe? Smith & Olsen structured a contract that allows us to part ways with Matt had he not proven he could win a Super Bowl in 2012/2013.

Matt did not prove that, it's time to move on. We can find a much cap-friendlier stop gap than Matt Schaub. Michael Vick would probably be interested in a one year contract. The Bears may decide they can live without Cutler, Cutler would probably welcome a 1 year deal to prove he's still got it.

pfff plzzz Cutler is not coming in for the Cheap neither will Vick has crazy has that sounds deff cheaper but if we gave like 4 million to Reed for doing nothing VIck being a QB would want at least 8 Million

either way I hope we can trade the number 1 pick and get a extra pick in the first round and a number 1 pick next year

that way we can get maybe a new guard when wade smith is axed and a OLB

either way fine USe Case or TJ yates has a stop gap QB I could care less

all im saying is if they don't like any of these QB's for the 1st and 2nd round picks then Yeah .... no need blowing the pick

infantrycak
12-09-2013, 08:07 PM
pfff plzzz Cutler is not coming in for the Cheap neither will Vick has crazy has that sounds deff cheaper but if we gave like 4 million to Reed for doing nothing VIck being a QB would want at least 8 Million

Vick is playing on a 1 year $7.5 mil contract this year, mostly in per game roster bonus. Doubt he gets more next year.

Rey
12-09-2013, 08:16 PM
I'd take cutler.

Wolf
12-09-2013, 08:19 PM
http://chicksareweird.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/until-you-jay-cutler-toughness-demotivational-posters-1295890947.jpg

DocBar
12-09-2013, 11:30 PM
Interviewing certain personnel from the network, including Charlie Casserly; most experts feel that the Texans are a team ready for a coach to walk-in and go to the playoffs. Kansas City Version II.

Main need: Figure out the QB position. Mold Keenum, acquire Jay Cutler or draft.

Offense: Running Back situation Tate and Foster, two offensive linemen needed.

Defense: Cornerback

Special Teams: Coach them.

Fairly straightforward and fixable, provided a coach is hired who is flexible and disciplinarian...like Bob said: Energetic!That sounds like typical talking head gibberish from people who don't really follow the team. Pure BS from BS artists. This team has several deep holes that one draft may patch it to playoff contention, but 9-7 or 8-8 can get you there, depending on the season but won;t get you there year in and year out.

I want our team to be like the Pats and Steelers not the Texans, Bucs, Rams or Cards.

Norg
12-10-2013, 12:15 AM
That sounds like typical talking head gibberish from people who don't really follow the team. Pure BS from BS artists. This team has several deep holes that one draft may patch it to playoff contention, but 9-7 or 8-8 can get you there, depending on the season but won;t get you there year in and year out.

I want our team to be like the Pats and Steelers not the Texans, Bucs, Rams or Cards.

what did or do the steelers and pats have Winning Pocket passing QB's

That's what we need Nuff said and everything else will fall into place

SO I guess we just roll dat dice on TEDDY !!!!!!!!!!

bhsman
12-10-2013, 12:53 AM
As for this Clowney ****head, no. Even if the specifics of these accusations aren't true, I don't want anyone that even has QUESTIONS about their work ethic and motor. Top to bottom, the draft needs to be ANIMALS in the mold of JJ Watt and Brian Cushing.

You mean the Brian Cushing that had PED accusations? Methinks we've reached the point where we don't appreciate how special Watt is and assume everyone should act like him. And for all we know, Clowney does.

http://chicksareweird.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/until-you-jay-cutler-toughness-demotivational-posters-1295890947.jpg

Oh hey the joke is women, haha I get it :toropalm:

Tolar's Ghost
12-10-2013, 12:58 AM
I'd take Cutler.

Fine. But Lovie Smith won't.

And Cutler would never consider coming here if the Lovie-meister is the head coach.

Vance87
12-10-2013, 02:24 AM
You mean the Brian Cushing that had PED accusations? Methinks we've reached the point where we don't appreciate how special Watt is and assume everyone should act like him. And for all we know, Clowney does.

Oh hey the joke is women, haha I get it :toropalm:

Actually the joke is about Jay Cutler. :)

steelbtexan
12-10-2013, 08:20 AM

This is just a smear campaign on Clowney.

I read somewhere that while he wasn't in great shape he wasn't a problem and made plenty of plays this yr.

If they get a chance to sign Cutler they should do it and strengthen the trenches. Getting Cutler means cutting JoJo. (Not going to happen)

HOU-TEX
12-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Don't really get the Cutler and Vick love. Cutler hasn't had a good year since he and Shanahan were split up. I'm not even sure he's had a full season since then.

I don't think Vick's been healthy since being out of the joint.

infantrycak
12-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Don't really get the Cutler and Vick love. Cutler hasn't had a good year since he and Shanahan were split up. I'm not even sure he's had a full season since then.

I don't think Vick's been healthy since being out of the joint.

Cutler has been injured each season since 2009 (his 1st season in Chicago).

Vick has 1 healthy season in his career.

bash
12-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Offense: QB situation (Cut Schaub & Yates, keep Keenum as current starter or #2, sign a rook and a vet? Vet for guidance and leadership...aka....cheap contract....aka #3 QB) Right side of O-Line, slot receiver or a solid #2 TE if Daniels leaves, and clear cut backup RB if tate goes

Defense: Nickle Cornerbacks (1 or 2 or 3, id like to give K.J and J-jo a break sometime throughout the game), ILB/OLBs (at least 1 more even if cush returns, release reed or find a better outside pass rush), FS (I feel like swearinger will develop where d.manning leaves off, leaving a hole at FS and im not a Keo fan other than his blitz option) and DE, because our defense changes with Watt off the field and realistically this a good depth move. Instead of wearing out your best def player every play. Develop Clowney behind Watt.

Special Teams: Adjust schemes, new coordinator

Coaching: New HC, OC, and DC (unless wade magically shows he can adjust in 3 games and not just man blitz every other play)

thunderkyss
12-10-2013, 11:48 AM

I didn't say cheap. I said one year deal.