PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Texans Opponents

Exascor
12-03-2013, 02:30 PM
Had someone from work ask about this so figured I'd throw it up here as reference.

2014 Opponents
Home
Ravens
Bengals
Eagles
Redskins
Colts
Titans
Jaguars
AFC East

Away
Browns
Steelers
Cowboys
Giants
Colts
Titans
Jaguars
AFC West

The AFC East & West teams are determined by the place the teams finish in the division. Currently the Texans are 2-10 and in last place in the AFC South so they will match up with the last place teams in those divisions. Currently it is the Bills & Raiders.

GuerillaBlack
12-03-2013, 02:38 PM
I hope the Cowboys game is on Thanksgiving.

RTP2110
12-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Because Dallas hosted an AFC team this year, I think they have to play an NFC team next year.

Thorn
12-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Cowgirls in the regular season is always a game I'm up for. I love beating the Cowpukes in the regular season.

TEXANRED
12-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Cowgirls in the regular season is always a game I'm up for. I love beating the Cowpukes in the regular season.

It's only happened once in 12 years so I wouldn't get too pumped up. In fact I think Terrell Owens just scored another TD against DRob.

StarStruck
12-03-2013, 08:56 PM
I hope the Cowboys game is on Thanksgiving.

Noooo, let's to with Thursday night football.

Norg
12-03-2013, 11:26 PM
looks like road trip to dallas next year !!!!!!!!!!

imatexan
12-03-2013, 11:59 PM
It's only happened once in 12 years so I wouldn't get too pumped up. In fact I think Terrell Owens just scored another TD against DRob.

:thumbdown

TheMatrix31
12-04-2013, 01:29 AM
That schedule is a piece of cake if we can get back to playing the way we should be next year. Hopefully we play the Giants earlier in the season before they start their trademark run thingy.

Hopefully a new coach, a new toy, and bolstered depth will do that.

Norg
12-04-2013, 01:39 AM
i guess we also play the two lowest seeds in the west and east tho right ..????

which would be uhh bills and raiders ..????

last time we plyed the NFC east that season was 6-10

Cowboys and giants and philly all losses

and we had to struggle to beat the redskins I still remember that epic 4th qtr TD pass to andre

JCTexan
12-04-2013, 01:44 AM
Because Dallas hosted an AFC team this year, I think they have to play an NFC team next year.

That's right. The Cowboys game cannot be on Thanksgiving since their Thanksgiving game will be shown on FOX. Detroit will get the CBS game against either the Bills or Dolphins.

TheMatrix31
12-04-2013, 06:16 AM
My guess is we'll have two national TV games. Maybe the Cowboys on SNF, Colts on TNF/MNF, and mayyyyybe the Ravens game since we've seemed to have developed a bit of a rivalry with them in the last couple of years.

IDEXAN
12-04-2013, 08:45 AM
looks like road trip to dallas next year !!!!!!!!!!
Lot of you guys just live to play the Cowboys every 4 years don't you ? Is it really that important to you to impress them ?

infantrycak
12-04-2013, 09:16 AM
My guess is we'll have two national TV games. Maybe the Cowboys on SNF, Colts on TNF/MNF, and mayyyyybe the Ravens game since we've seemed to have developed a bit of a rivalry with them in the last couple of years.

I would bet on the Ravens long before Dallas.

Lot of you guys just live to play the Cowboys every 4 years don't you ? Is it really that important to you to impress them ?

For some yes. It's bizarre. The Oilers only played the Cowboys 8 times going 3-5. You would think they would hate the Steelers who they were 18-35 against including a lot of playoff denying or ending games.

76Texan
12-04-2013, 10:58 AM
I would bet on the Ravens long before Dallas.

For some yes. It's bizarre. The Oilers only played the Cowboys 8 times going 3-5. You would think they would hate the Steelers who they were 18-35 against including a lot of playoff denying or ending games.

The steelers were on top of my list; the Colts are, now.

Thorn
12-04-2013, 11:02 AM

I am a irrational Cowboy hater. I hate them worse than our own division foes. It's just what I am and I make no apologies for it.

The Cowboys can kiss my damn ass.

paycheck71
12-04-2013, 11:55 AM
The steelers were on top of my list; the Colts are, now.

Man, I couldn't agree with this more. If the Texans can get one more win this season, I just want it to be vs the Colts. I don't even think I hate the Titans as much as I do the Colts now.

I don't hate the Cowboys. Having lived in Dallas, I naturally have an interest in them, but it's more for failtertainment value. Yes, I just made that word up.

The Pencil Neck
12-04-2013, 12:37 PM
I hate the Cowboys. I want them to fail.

But that hate pales in comparison with the burning rage I feel toward the Colts. I even hate the Titans more strongly than I hate the Cowboys.

I want those two teams to suck. I want every FO move they make to fail on a level that makes the Trent Richardson deal look like genius.

chicagotexan2
12-04-2013, 01:21 PM
I am a irrational Cowboy hater. I hate them worse than our own division foes. It's just what I am and I make no apologies for it.

This should be on a bumper sticker.

I really hate that teams only play out of conference teams once every four seasons. It would be better if we could play Dallas every other season. I can't see how it would be bad to see the following every two seasons

HOU v dal
Nyg v nyj
Phi v pit
Kc v Stl
Oak v sf
I don't anyone in Jacksonville would watch te jags unless they played the gators

TEXANRED
12-04-2013, 01:33 PM
This should be on a bumper sticker.

I really hate that teams only play out of conference teams once every four seasons. It would be better if we could play Dallas every other season. I can't see how it would be bad to see the following every two seasons

HOU v dal
Nyg v nyj
Phi v pit
Kc v Stl
Oak v sf
I don't anyone in Jacksonville would watch te jags unless they played the gators

If the NFL really cared the Texans, Saints, Cowboys, and Falcons would be in the same division. That would set up for some nice road trips.

The Pencil Neck
12-04-2013, 01:41 PM
If the NFL really cared the Texans, Saints, Cowboys, and Falcons would be in the same division. That would set up for some nice road trips.

That would be awesome. Those would be some great rivalries.

Texian
12-04-2013, 02:32 PM

Why not Texans, Cowboys, Chiefs and Broncos?

infantrycak
12-04-2013, 07:15 PM

Texans, Cowboys and Saints are in a very tight triangle. Atlanta is closer to that triangle (and is more southern) than KC or Denver.

Norg
12-05-2013, 12:05 AM

its a Houston dallas thing I cant explain other then My farther raised me to hate dem Cowboys so yeahhh ....

I don't know why there is a rivial I only been to dallas twice and I didn't seem that much dfferent then Houston other then no coastline and no Port

bhsman
12-05-2013, 02:02 AM
I'm not from Texas and I have too many friends who are Cowboy fans to hate the Cowboys; I certainly have no love for the Giants, a slight dislike for Washington and am neutral to the Eagles. It also helps that I started following football after they won their Superbowls and much of that grandeur has flaked off a bit...

That said, a game against the Cowboys is a good excuse to talk trash with said friends. Hope they like seeing Romo sacked a billion times by Clowney/Watt or Bridgewater drop bombs all over their secondary. :kitten:

Vance87
12-05-2013, 02:09 AM
Based on our record this season, next year we will be playing these guys:

http://popgoestheweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/PuppyBowl.jpg

They are 7 point favorites.

Exascor
12-05-2013, 07:31 AM

Texans, Cowboys and Saints are in a very tight triangle. Atlanta is closer to that triangle (and is more southern) than KC or Denver.Maybe Texian likes Western movies? Cowboys & Indians...

handswarmer
12-05-2013, 08:11 AM

Ravens aren't that popular across the country although I cannot imagine why

Playoffs
12-05-2013, 11:00 AM
2014 Texans Opponents

An easy selection from a Big 12 menu.

paycheck71
12-06-2013, 12:01 AM
its a Houston dallas thing I cant explain other then My farther raised me to hate dem Cowboys so yeahhh ....

I don't know why there is a rivial I only been to dallas twice and I didn't seem that much dfferent then Houston other then no coastline and no Port

It's not a Houston Dallas thing. It's a Houston thing. Take it from a guy who lived for many years in both Houston and Dallas.

TheMatrix31
12-06-2013, 12:39 AM
I hate the Cowboys but it has nothing to do with me being a Texans fan.

craneman
12-23-2013, 09:26 AM
Had someone from work ask about this so figured I'd throw it up here as reference.

2014 Opponents
Home
Ravens
Bengals
Eagles
Redskins
Colts
Titans
Jaguars
AFC East

Away
Browns
Steelers
Cowboys
Giants
Colts
Titans
Jaguars
AFC West

The AFC East & West teams are determined by the place the teams finish in the division. Currently the Texans are 2-10 and in last place in the AFC South so they will match up with the last place teams in those divisions. Currently it is the Bills & Raiders.
Thanks and Merry Christmas to all THE FANS!!!

Craneman

texanhead08
12-23-2013, 09:36 AM

We aren't playing on Sunday night coming off a 2-14 season.

cuppacoffee
12-23-2013, 10:53 AM

And that includes their fans too.

:coffee:

Honoring Earl 34
12-23-2013, 10:59 AM
Right now , I don't like the Texans chances against Katy . You are what your record is and the Shanny tree / method is rotten to the core or 5-25 this year .

ThaShark316
12-23-2013, 12:10 PM
I see MAYBE a Monday nighter in here vs. DAL, BAL or CIN.

Obviously a Thursday night game in there, as well.

MistaRed
12-23-2013, 01:07 PM
I want to go to the Eagles game at home next year. Maybe the Bengals and Ravens game too.

thunderkyss
12-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Miami, Buffalo, Cleveland, & Oakland.

We've played those teams more than not over the last 12 years. We're 3-3 against the Bills, 7-0 against the Dolphins, 4-3 against the Browns, 5-3 vs Oakland.

Along with 4-20 against the Colts, 13-11 against the Jags, & 9-14 against the Titans.

bigmck
12-24-2013, 12:27 PM

I think that all goes back to the Oilers - Cowboys in the AFL - NFL rivalry.

infantrycak
12-24-2013, 01:42 PM
I think that all goes back to the Oilers - Cowboys in the AFL - NFL rivalry.

There's a new one. How do you have a rival in a different league?

Any time period you want to talk about Dallas doesn't consider it a rivalry with Houston. That's a Houston thing.

bigmck
12-24-2013, 01:48 PM
There's a new one. How do you have a rival in a different league?

I don't if you were around in those days, but the AFL-NFL was a big rivalry.

JB
12-24-2013, 01:56 PM

But the Oiler's/ Cowboys weren't one in any sense. Most of the bad blood came along with Jerrah

infantrycak
12-24-2013, 03:04 PM

The leagues were rivals, not the individual teams who never played each other. Yes I was around for the merger and grew up in Dallas. Houston was never even discussed in passing as a rival. People either ignored the Oilers or rooted for them as the other Texas team (which is what I did).

In 44 seasons the Cowboys have only played the Oilers/Titans 13 times. If you want an AFC Cowboys rival it is the Steelers as two franchises fighting for the SB who even in different conferences have played 31 times, 3 times in the SB.

Marshall
12-25-2013, 06:27 AM
Texans, Cowboys and Saints are in a very tight triangle. Atlanta is closer to that triangle (and is more southern) than KC or Denver.

But KC is in the same time zone...

Texans, Cowboys, Saints and Chiefs sounds great to me.

Grams
12-25-2013, 06:51 AM

No it is important to crush them.

Too many years of getting them shoved down our throats and how good they are and how many Super Bowls they have won. Too many cowboys fans in Houston and too many times of having to watch them on local TV instead of a good matchup. Too much of Jerry Jones.

Thorn
12-25-2013, 11:04 AM
No it is important to crush them.

Too many years of getting them shoved down our throats and how good they are and how many Super Bowls they have won. Too many cowboys fans in Houston and too many times of having to watch them on local TV instead of a good matchup. Too much of Jerry Jones.

Exactly.

houstonspartan
12-25-2013, 03:01 PM
We aren't playing on Sunday night coming off a 2-14 season.

Yep. We can forget about Sunday night/Monday night prime time and/or national games for the next few years. Thanks, Kubiak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

The Pencil Neck
12-25-2013, 05:47 PM
Yep. We can forget about Sunday night/Monday night prime time and/or national games for the next few years. Thanks, Kubiak.

Personally, I prefer us playing at noon on Sundays. That way I'm in my zone. The prime time and late games screw me up.

houstonspartan
12-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Personally, I prefer us playing at noon on Sundays. That way I'm in my zone. The prime time and late games screw me up.

The prime time games are a blast. Always a lot of fun (until Kubiak's lack of preparation screwed things up...)

Playoffs
01-29-2014, 02:24 PM
The 2014 NFL schedule won't come out until the middle or late part of April. But each team knows it's respective home and road opponents. Thanks to the Texans' media relations department, below is a table showing the 2013 records of the teams Houston will face next season...

...chart...

Some key takeaways: by virtue of their NFL-worst 2-14 record last season, the Texans will get the last-place teams from the AFC West and the AFC East. They're locked into playing their AFC South rivals at home and away, and they'll also play a pair of AFC North and NFC East teams at home. They'll play the other teams from the latter two divisions on the road as well.
So that means they'll face just one playoff team, the Colts, on the road next season.

They'll host three playoff teams in the Eagles, Bengals and Colts.
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/BWTB-Records-for-2014-Texans-opponents/511cdaa4-fa67-4b7c-9691-d0448a0f94a7

badboy
01-29-2014, 02:31 PM
It all depends on how the new roster develops and how quickly new players contribute. We could have new guys at QB, Nose, ILB, LG, RT, DE and maybe RB game one.

thunderkyss
01-29-2014, 06:06 PM
It all depends on how the new roster develops and how quickly new players contribute. We could have new guys at QB, Nose, ILB, LG, RT, DE and maybe RB game one.

Definitely a big part of it. However, the crux is that we're going to be playing several teams with issues as real as ours. Only one play-off team & that team is in our division...

I don't think McNair is too far off thinking we could rebound in 2014. We could very likely have 12 wins & not one "quality" win.

I don't think we're going 12-4, but 9-7 would have got us in the play-offs in 2013 (we beat San Diego head to head).

ObsiWan
01-29-2014, 07:02 PM
HOME OPPONENTS (overall record / road record)
NFC East
Eagles*. . . . . . 10-6 / 6-2
Redskins . . . . . 3-13 / 1-7
AFC North
Ravens . . . . . . 8-8 / 2-6
Bengals* . . . . .11-5 / 3-5
AFC East
Bills . . . . . . .6-10 / 2-6
AFC South
Colts*. . . . . . .11-5 / 6-2
Jaguars . . . . . .4-12 / 1-7
Titans. . . . . . . 7-9 / 3-5

ROAD OPPONENTS
NFC East
Cowboys . . . . . . 8-8 / 5-3
Giants. . . . . . . 7-9 / 4-4
AFC North
Browns. . . . . . .4-12 / 3-5
Steelers. . . . . . 8-8 / 5-3
AFC West
Raiders . . . . . .4-12 / 3-5
AFC South
Colts*. . . . . . .11-5 / 6-2
Jaguars . . . . . .4-12 / 1-7
Titans. . . . . . . 7-9 / 3-5

As long as we beat the Cowpies
...hey, didn't we play them up there the last time...?

StarStruck
01-29-2014, 08:42 PM
As long as we beat the Cowpies
...hey, didn't we play them up there the last time...?

No. The first game, Texans inaugural we lost 19-10, 19-10, 19-10 back when Quincey Carter was QB and our team was worse than it is now. In 2006 we won in Dallas 34-6 with Drew Bledsoe as QB, and Romo came in in the 4th quarter. In 2010 9/26 we played in Houston and won 27-13 in the stadium and got the crap beat out of us in the parking lot which was the origin of the new tailgating rules. This year the game is back in Dallas and I would like to see a prime time Thursday night game. I think the Texans are due for another win, perhaps it will be this season.

PHILLYTEXANFAN
01-29-2014, 09:28 PM
I'll be making the trip to Ol met life

Your man... Pots and pans

Grams
01-29-2014, 10:14 PM
No. The first game, Texans inaugural we lost 19-10, 19-10, 19-10 back when Quincey Carter was QB and our team was worse than it is now. In 2006 we won in Dallas 34-6 with Drew Bledsoe as QB, and Romo came in in the 4th quarter. In 2010 9/26 we played in Houston and won 27-13 in the stadium and got the crap beat out of us in the parking lot which was the origin of the new tailgating rules. This year the game is back in Dallas and I would like to see a prime time Thursday night game. I think the Texans are due for another win, perhaps it will be this season.

Didn't we win the first game against Dallas 19-10?

NVM - forgot you are a Cowgirls fan.

Bull Pen 1
01-29-2014, 10:50 PM
Just think we play Baltimore next year, there offensive coordinator is Kub.

The Pencil Neck
01-30-2014, 12:18 AM
Didn't we win the first game against Dallas 19-10?

NVM - forgot you are a Cowgirls fan.

Yeah.

That.

Kinda bothered me.