PDA

View Full Version : LB failure against Pats

Number19
12-02-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm just now reviewing the Pats touchdown at approx 13:00 in the 3rd quarter, when #46 seemed to run over the entire team from the 1 yd line.

Sharpton met him head on for a potential loss and got steam rolled. Tarpinian had the next shot but had to go over Sharpton. Mays then had a clear shot and missed the tackle. As Mays tries an arm tackle, Tarpinian comes clear of Sharpton and has a clear shot but fails to wrap up. Mercilus was blocked but comes free with no chance to tackle. He tries to strip the ball from behind. Finally, Swearinger had a clear shot but failed to make the stop.

Pathetic.

PapaL
12-02-2013, 08:48 PM
You should see them trying to cover Gronk.

Norg
12-02-2013, 11:58 PM
just like last year our ILB can not cover and they get carved up or just out ran speed wise

they were playing a lot less man to man more ZOne I think

but man when u know there throwing to gronk u got man up him on the line and blast him but idont think we even go know one big enough for that

the pats rarely go deep they kill u in the middle and short slant passes I seen that a lot there the best in getting u in miss matches

really the only way to beat them is just man up across the bored and Ball out in covering that's the only way that's how the giants did it and Steelers like 2 years ago

CretorFrigg
12-03-2013, 12:32 AM
I'm just now reviewing the Pats touchdown at approx 13:00 in the 3rd quarter, when #46 seemed to run over the entire team from the 1 yd line.

Sharpton met him head on for a potential loss and got steam rolled. Tarpinian had the next shot but had to go over Sharpton. Mays then had a clear shot and missed the tackle. As Mays tries an arm tackle, Tarpinian comes clear of Sharpton and has a clear shot but fails to wrap up. Mercilus was blocked but comes free with no chance to tackle. He tries to strip the ball from behind. Finally, Swearinger had a clear shot but failed to make the stop.

Pathetic.

Sharpton, Mays, Tarpinian. All scrubs. This is why I don't understand why so many claim our team is "talented." Rick Smith has failed this team. Does anyone honestly believe Sharpton, Mays, or Tarpinian would be starting on any other team? Who the hell even is Tarpinian?

I've seen Mays, Sharpton and Tarpinian whiff on many tackles. And it's not just them, it's our defense. They can't tackle to save their lives. I hate myself for rooting for this team.

Linca
12-03-2013, 01:40 AM
We have no good linebacker on our team except Cushing, and he might be a shell of his former self after his knee heals. We also our weak in the safety and corner department. This whole defense is a joke really.

amazing80
12-03-2013, 05:53 AM
tackling on this team has gotten WORSE each year Wades been here IMO

AMartin56
12-03-2013, 06:45 AM
Don't forget that Sharpton probably got hurt on one of those plays...