PDA

View Full Version : Do the Texans Drop ticket prices this year?

gafftop
11-29-2013, 11:26 AM
We always see price increases after a winning season.

Since the Texans now are one of the worst teams I think we should get a rebate for this season or a lowering of ticket prices for next year.

Only fair I think.

Reminds me of the government. Once a tax is imposed are increased it never goes away or goes down.

Norg
11-29-2013, 11:32 AM
I would hope so **** they better

welsh texan
11-29-2013, 11:33 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/future-news-bayern-munich-refund-price-tickets-season-203135227.html

Can't cut and paste bits of the story as I'm on my phone, but you reckon we'd see an nfl team do this ever?

Bayern Munich refunded every single ticket sold last season due to a lack of competition on all fronts, as they won the treble and wrapped up the league by April.

I can't imagine any nfl owner dropping ticket prices myself.

Showtime100
11-29-2013, 11:39 AM
I could be wrong, but I seem to remember after a particularly bad year (2-14 probably) they screamed from the highest mountain they were not going to raise the prices for the next year. To see the promo's or whatever they acted like they were cutting the rice in half when all they were saying was the fan simply was not going to have to pay more.

The NFL's version of cutting the fan a break, I remember thinking. Non-profit organization my azz. :kitten:

2012Champs
11-29-2013, 11:39 AM

Since the Texans now are one of the worst teams I think we should get a rebate for this season or a lowering of ticket prices for next year.

Only fair I think.

Reminds me of the government. Once a tax is imposed are increased it never goes away or goes down.

If enough fans walk away they might consider it. I dont think enough people will though

2012Champs
11-29-2013, 11:40 AM
I could be wrong, but I seem to remember after a particularly bad year (2-14 probably) they screamed from the highest mountain they were not going to raise the prices for the next year. To see the promo's or whatever they acted like they were cutting the rice in half when all they were saying was the fan simply was not going to have to pay more.

The NFL's version of cutting the fan a break, I remember thinking. Non-profit organization my azz. :kitten:

Does the nfl set ticket prices or the teams? Are the teams non-profit?

Showtime100
11-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Does the nfl set ticket prices or the teams? Are the teams non-profit?

Beats me. I would think the teams set prices and since the NFL itself is "non-profit" the teams would be as well. But I really don't know.

2012Champs
11-29-2013, 12:02 PM
Beats me. I would think the teams set prices and since the NFL itself is "non-profit" the teams would be as well. But I really don't know.

The teams are for profit

Showtime100
11-29-2013, 12:07 PM
Oky doke. Sounds right to me.

welsh texan
11-29-2013, 12:23 PM
Yeah the nfl being not for profit is simply a tax avoidance scheme so they can move their billions around free of charge.

htownfan32
11-29-2013, 12:29 PM
It would be nice to take my parents to a Texans game. I've yet to even take them to an A&M game, so I gotta start somewhere -_-

steelbtexan
11-29-2013, 12:36 PM
I had a dream

Never ever ever going to happen.

BoB's all about the $$$$ he's not going to cut into his profit to appease the fans. Regardless of the crap management/product he puts on the field.

My way of expressing my displeasure is to not buy anymore Texans gear until thins change. I started this boycott after the 2010 season. Fire them all BoB they're abject failures.

As 2012 Champs said, BoB doesn't owe the fans anything.

eriadoc
11-29-2013, 01:30 PM
Best you can hope for is for prices to remain the same. What I used to love is how they would raise parking prices but never improve parking. No more concrete (less for the average fan, actually), no greater number of parking attendants, and no additional services. Just a straight cash grab. I think they started adding some attendants after I dropped my PSLs, though.

Honestly, 99% of you will pay whatever they demand, so no big deal. And before anyone thinks I am saying that negatively, I'm not. I want you to continue paying whatever they demand so I can watch it on TV. ;)

steelbtexan
11-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Best you can hope for is for prices to remain the same. What I used to love is how they would raise parking prices but never improve parking. No more concrete (less for the average fan, actually), no greater number of parking attendants, and no additional services. Just a straight cash grab. I think they started adding some attendants after I dropped my PSLs, though.

Honestly, 99% of you will pay whatever they demand, so no big deal. And before anyone thinks I am saying that negatively, I'm not. I want you to continue paying whatever they demand so I can watch it on TV. ;)

They added more parking attendants after the Cowgirl game debacle. The attendants felt empowered and showed no common sense. Thing have slowly gotten back to normal.

Speedy
11-29-2013, 04:50 PM

I believe we've seen a price increase after every season, winning or not, except one.

And they did raise the prices after the 2-14 season.

TejasTom
11-29-2013, 05:06 PM
Does the nfl set ticket prices or the teams? ...

Teams set prices for regular season, NFL sets prices for playoffs.

ArlingtonTexan
11-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Well, of course, not. that stadium is still sold out and largely full of Texan' fans with plenty of merchandise on. They might hold the line of price, but I would bet on price increase over anything else.

badboy
11-29-2013, 07:20 PM
Quick someone call me an ambulance! I busted out laughing so hard my eyeballs fell out and I don't want to move and maybe squish them. Please tell the EMTs to tread gently when they come in. WHAHAHAHAHA

CloakNNNdagger
11-29-2013, 07:28 PM
McNair will undoubtedly come up with a GIMMICK in the form of a simple change of coaching and/or player personnel and trumpet the horn with accompanied unlimited excitement promotion of such, making the world believe it will be the best thing since buttered bread........just like techniques used with the "introduction" of Obama Care. And just like Obama Care, after all is said and done, it will unmercifully affect your health (mental, if nothing more).........and your pocketbook.:kitten:

Texan_Bill
11-29-2013, 07:33 PM
Do the Texans Drop ticket prices this year?

I'm pretty much sure that there's only been one season where that hasn't
been a ticket increase irrespective of the record. Other than that, they'll be going up yet again!

CloakNNNdagger
11-29-2013, 07:39 PM
For the record, this year was the eighth time in eleven opportunities that the Texans have raised ticket prices. The only years that prices weren't raised was in 2003, 2006 and 2011. Ticket prices weren't raised in '06 and '11 because of the poor product put on the field the season before. Ticket prices in 2003 remained the same as in '02 as part of the team's original ticket sales and marketing plan. link (http://www.examiner.com/article/tracking-texans-ticket-prices#ixzz1mBtrduJq)

Remember when parking was $10? That doubled after just two years of franchise existence.

StarStruck
11-29-2013, 08:00 PM
My memory has gotten bad because I thought the only time my tickets remained the same were the two years promised when the organization began. Now I'm about $2.50 short of my tickets doubling in cost.

ATXtexanfan
11-29-2013, 08:07 PM
why in the hell would the texans drop prices? how bout you buy a dime bag then sell it for a nickel. hold on wait people have quarters for that dime bag and are waiting for to spend a quarter on that dime bag but yeah sell it for a nickel. hey i got a wooden nickel for a dollar. any takers???

texanhead08
11-29-2013, 08:48 PM
I have a better chance of being the Texans starting QB next year.

houstonspartan
11-29-2013, 09:24 PM
I'm pretty much sure that there's only been one season where that hasn't
been a ticket increase irrespective of the record. Other than that, they'll be going up yet again!

Not true. There was about three years when prices didn't go up. Then, when prices did go up after the 9-7 season, I wasn't that angry, because they increase was justified.

As for this year? No, there won't be an increase. No way they could justify it.

What'll probably happen is prices will stay flat, but they'll probably splurge on nice gifts for season ticket holders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

houstonspartan
11-29-2013, 09:30 PM
For the record, this year was the eighth time in eleven opportunities that the Texans have raised ticket prices. The only years that prices weren't raised was in 2003, 2006 and 2011. Ticket prices weren't raised in '06 and '11 because of the poor product put on the field the season before. Ticket prices in 2003 remained the same as in '02 as part of the team's original ticket sales and marketing plan. link (http://www.examiner.com/article/tracking-texans-ticket-prices#ixzz1mBtrduJq)

Remember when parking was $10? That doubled after just two years of franchise existence.

100 percent correct. Prices were kept down for a few seasons.

They simply can't justify an increase this year. Sorry, Bob, but you're making less profit this year on your billion dollar corporation. This is why THE HEAD COACH MATTERS. When you settle for "good enough" and mediocrity, profits don't increase.

As for parking, my buddy handles the parking passes, so I'm not 100 percent sure, but, I'm pretty sure our parking pass is $40 or so a game.

Bulls on Parade
11-29-2013, 10:09 PM
Not true. There was about three years when prices didn't go up. Then, when prices did go up after the 9-7 season, I wasn't that angry, because they increase was justified.

As for this year? No, there won't be an increase. No way they could justify it.

What'll probably happen is prices will stay flat, but they'll probably splurge on nice gifts for season ticket holders.

I'm sure they can. They'll just claim that injuries and bad luck derailed us to a 2-14 season. That we had a chance to win many of those 14 losses in a row. But then they will bring up the excitement of having the first overall pick in a very deep 2014 draft class. How they have plans for an amazing draft day party for the fans and how 2014 is going to be our year to make a legitimate Super Bowl run. And some Houston fans, like myself, are gullible enough to believe that.

houstonspartan
11-29-2013, 10:26 PM
I'm sure they can. They'll just claim that injuries and bad luck derailed us to a 2-14 season. That we had a chance to win many of those 14 losses in a row. But then they will bring up the excitement of having the first overall pick in a very deep 2014 draft class. How they have plans for an amazing draft day party for the fans and how 2014 is going to be our year to make a legitimate Super Bowl run. And some Houston fans, like myself, are gullible enough to believe that.

Eh, they could, but, they would be insane to even consider that. I really don't think they have any leverage to raise prices. This is the same fan base that lost it when our high paid QB was put back into a game; if they tried to raise prices, fans will burn Reliant to the freaking ground.

StarStruck
11-29-2013, 11:06 PM
If the Texans don't raise prices this year, e.g., 4%, I would expect 8% the next season.

steelbtexan
11-29-2013, 11:24 PM
If the Texans don't raise prices this year, e.g., 4%, I would expect 8% the next season.

Yep

If they do well next yr you can expect a 6-8% increase in 2015. BoB needs to clean house after this yr or people will begin to catch on to his tactics.

infantrycak
11-29-2013, 11:32 PM
Yep

If they do well next yr you can expect a 6-8% increase in 2015. BoB needs to clean house after this yr or people will begin to catch on to his tactics.

Most of that tactic is called keeping up with inflation. $75 for a ticket in 2002 is $100 now to stay even.

StarStruck
11-30-2013, 12:00 AM
Most of that tactic is called keeping up with inflation. $75 for a ticket in 2002 is $100 now to stay even.

I see the profit on my ticket going from $44 in 2002 to $85.50 now. I also see that PSL holders can make a profit if they purchased in 2002, though it would probably be a difficult decision.

I guess ole Jerry decided to make his profit up front when moving to the new stadium and keep prices the same for at least five years.

infantrycak
11-30-2013, 12:12 AM
I see the profit on my ticket going from $44 in 2002 to $85.50 now.

You are talking price, not profit correct? - and are you talking about Cowboys tickets?

StarStruck
11-30-2013, 09:48 AM
You are talking price, not profit correct? - and are you talking about Cowboys tickets?

Profit. My math isn't that good and trying to keep it simple my thought was inflation would cause my ticket price to increase from $44 to perhaps $65 or $70, and everything above would be profit. I mentioned Cowboys tickets and perhaps Jerry starting high up front only because there hasn't been an increase since moving into the new stadium. I was expecting gradual increases each year, but it hasn't happened yet.

Speedy
11-30-2013, 10:15 AM

I don't know who wrote that article, but it is not correct. I know for a fact they raised prices in '06. It's the only time I've ever considered not renewing. They made a coaching change so I stayed on.

Now, sometimes they don't raise the price of every ticket in the stadium (I know some folks in the 600's who haven't had a price increase in 2 or 3 years or so), but prices have gone up somewhere every year but one.

Drew_Smoke
11-30-2013, 11:22 AM
No way...that secret meeting recently with the minority owners was not about Kubes. It was aboout how they were gonna stick a 15% increase on us.

houstonspartan
12-01-2013, 03:26 AM
I don't know who wrote that article, but it is not correct. I know for a fact they raised prices in '06. It's the only time I've ever considered not renewing. They made a coaching change so I stayed on.

Now, sometimes they don't raise the price of every ticket in the stadium (I know some folks in the 600's who haven't had a price increase in 2 or 3 years or so), but prices have gone up somewhere every year but one.

Well, they didn't raise prices in section 324 in 2006, I can tell you that. I think they raise prices depending on the section, the last time a certain section has had an increase, etc.

They don't do across-the-board increases.

ensign_lee
12-01-2013, 06:51 PM
I'm pretty sure they either marginally increased prices or kept them flat after the year we went 2-14.

So I doubt it