PDA

View Full Version : Pats week - Yankees go home

Pats
11-26-2013, 07:22 AM
I have a funny feeling that the Texans will win.

2slik4u
11-26-2013, 07:28 AM

I've never been so sure of a texans loss in my life.

Pats roll - 34-3

JB
11-26-2013, 07:29 AM

I want some of them drugs you on

Pats
11-26-2013, 07:31 AM
I've never been so sure of a texans loss in my life.

Pats roll - 34-3

When it rains it pours.

I dont think the Texans are as bad as they appear.

TejasTom
11-26-2013, 07:33 AM
... I dont think the Texans are as bad as they appear.

You're right, they're worse.

Vinny
11-26-2013, 07:35 AM

that funny feeling is gas...that will pass much faster than this season.

Pats
You're right, they're worse.

Ha Ha touche!

There are no sure things in the NFL.

Thorn

You've been watching to much Ancient Aliens. Your perception of reality is skewed.

Honoring Earl 34
I hope the Texans are more than a speedbump .

On the other hand the Pats just came off a hard fought game vs the Broncos . This could very well be a letdown game and the Texans might have a chance if they decide to play .

sometexansfan
11-26-2013, 07:36 AM
When it rains it pours.

We couldn't score a touchdown, against the Jags...at home. I wouldn't worry too much.

HJam72
11-26-2013, 07:50 AM
Texans: 31

Pats: 30

:spin::spin::spin:

Yeah, right! :sarcasm:

Runner
11-26-2013, 07:57 AM
When it rains it pours.

They aren't talent-wise. Coaching is lousy. Team confidence - they are probably the worst in the league in that regard right now.

I can see the Texans winning this just to show what this season "might have been". One more punch in the gut for the fans.

It is far more likely they lose by 20+.

YeaLikeRightNow
11-26-2013, 08:02 AM
Texans win?

Sure...it would be a nice Holiday gift, but then again, we gave Holliday to the Broncos!

I don't know what the team has to play for, and I don't know if BB will play Brady the entire game. Don't wanna get him hurt for the important part of the season, ya know.

On the flip side...we aren't much of a threat to physically hurt anyone either.

Patriots - 63

Texans - 5

Thorn
11-26-2013, 08:09 AM
Speaking of which, where is the prediction thread for this week? Or is everyone to embarrassed to start one? LOL

michaelm
11-26-2013, 08:25 AM

I see what you did there. Fortunately for you, your reverse-mojo tactic will work this week, and the Pats will win. Actually, it's fortunate for us, too. All we have to look forward to is the race for the #1 draft pick.

This would be the absolute worst time for the Texans to beat the Patriots. I won't stand for it!!!

amazing80
11-26-2013, 08:38 AM
I dont see a scenario where the Pats DONT score on EVERY possession.

nero THE zero
11-26-2013, 08:40 AM

Bite your tongue.

We're all in for Teddy.

dtran04
11-26-2013, 08:49 AM
All the Pats have to do is isolate the LBs on their RBs coming out of the backfield. Edelman will torch McCain in the slot.

On defense, Talib will shut down AJ.

Only chance the Texans have is to run it up the gut. The Pats are horrific up front. Poor Chris Jones was gettin demolished last game.

Sigma
11-26-2013, 09:13 AM

I had the exact same feeling, it was brief...

I think we will lose out, with the exception of maybe 1 game

If there is a game you would never expect the texans to win is @NE.

So I guess if we have to win one, that will be it

santo
11-26-2013, 09:14 AM
Patriots 85
Texans 6

Sigma
11-26-2013, 09:15 AM
This would be the absolute worst time for the Texans to beat the Patriots.

That's what makes it possible

drs23
11-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Bite your tongue.

We're all in for Teddy.

I thought it was "Terry". :kitten::kitten:

Foxboro Steve
11-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Wow... looking at the predicted scores in this thread, you guys look like you're all ready to eat a bullet.

The talent is on this team. I am shocked you guys are 2-9. Coaching is a huge problem from where I sit. If you had Belichick, Andy Reid, Fisher, hell... there's a ton of guys that could get you better than where you're at.

I sure as hell wouldn't look past any team with JJ Watt.

Thorn
11-26-2013, 10:19 AM
Wow... looking at the predicted scores in this thread, you guys look like you're all ready to eat a bullet.

The talent is on this team. I am shocked you guys are 2-9. Coaching is a huge problem from where I sit. If you had Belichick, Andy Reid, Fisher, hell... there's a ton of guys that could get you better than where you're at.

Yeah, we're a mess right now. I don't think Kubiak will be back next year, but who will be is a big guessing game around here right now.

cuppacoffee
11-26-2013, 10:19 AM
Bite your tongue.

We're all in for Teddy.

I thought it was "Terry". :kitten::kitten:

Nero spending too much time on Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004KAVCSU/ref=asc_df_B004KAVCSU2845548?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=pg-323-06-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395097&creativeASIN=B004KAVCSU

:coffee:

TheIronDuke
11-26-2013, 10:23 AM

Let's test that. We will have Kubes coach your team and you let BB coach us and let's see what happens, just for this one game.

I don't know if our kids would be able to play for Belichick though, does he allow the kids to take naps as required and what are his thoughts on letting us all wear our team pajamas?

Foxboro Steve
11-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Let's test that. We will have Kubes coach your team and you let BB coach us and let's see what happens, just for this one game.

I don't know if our kids would be able to play for Belichick though, does he allow the kids to take naps as required and what are his thoughts on letting us all wear our team pajamas?

Belichick coaches your team, you guys go, what, 7-4?

TheIronDuke
11-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Pats fans, any chance that Cierre Wood gets activated in your opinions? I know Ridley is in the dog house big time and wondering if BB might sport his Wood against us just to show our retards in the FO what's what. Glad we were able to make a point to everyone about who is "Texan worthy" and who's not. Apparently any scrub released from other teams are worthy though which is weird.

drs23
11-26-2013, 10:37 AM
Nero spending too much time on Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004KAVCSU/ref=asc_df_B004KAVCSU2845548?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=pg-323-06-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395097&creativeASIN=B004KAVCSU

:coffee:

:heat: :drool:

santo
11-26-2013, 10:38 AM
While it may be a miracle we win Sunday, I just can't imagine the Patriots losing after that amazing game Sunday night. Y'all boo your team and they step up with 4 touchdowns. We boo our team and they call us wishy washy fans.:foottap:

Vance87
11-26-2013, 10:53 AM
While it may be a miracle we win Sunday, I just can't imagine the Patriots losing after that amazing game Sunday night. Y'all boo your team and they step up with 4 touchdowns. We boo our team and they call us wishy washy fans.:foottap:

A-freaking-men.

YeaLikeRightNow
11-26-2013, 11:00 AM

The problems started last year when Schaub kept playing on his previously-injured foot. Game tapes show a remarkable difference in his mechanics before and after the injury. He's never been the same quarterback. He lost his poise, but Kubiak and Schaub went on as if nothing was wrong.

We lost Glover Quin, Conner Barwin, DeMeco Ryans, and let Chris Jones slip through. The guys they drafted to fill the holes bummed out, or are on IR, like Quesenberry. Arian Foster just started to get into mid-season form before having to opt for surgery. Tate has been on and off with injuries as well.

Randy Bullock...you might as well play Russian Roulette with yourself...he's very inconsistent and lost us a game this year, and puts us on the edge of sanity every time he goes in for a field goal.

Ed Reed was a bust, but he wasn't allowed the flexibility in the defense to do what he does so well, and his attitude was suspect. Also, The Texans were not made aware of his potential hip surgery until after he was signed.

Matt Schaub gets into the worst QB funk I've ever seen and throws himself into the Pick-6 history books. Kubes keeps playing him until the team begins to question the coaches sanity, and it has all been downhill on an icy, greasy slope with a 100mph tailwind at their backs.

Oh yeah - Wade's dad, Bum Phillips died, and then our coach nearly croaks at the Colts/Texans halftime.

It has been a disastrous year, I just wonder how other teams might have survived this, because I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel just yet.

Big Lou
11-26-2013, 11:01 AM
I dont see a scenario where the Pats DONT score on EVERY possession.

You are probably right, when it's 77 to 0, at halftime Belicheck will put in the 3rd string and take a knee the final two quarter.

Big Lou
11-26-2013, 11:04 AM
Belichick coaches your team, you guys go, what, 7-4?

With the current injuries and TJ at the helm, probably. Without losing 5 starters just maybe one or two I'd say 9 and 2.

Uncle Rico
11-26-2013, 11:07 AM
If Chad Henne gashed this defense just imagine the inhumane treatment Brady has in store.

I for one, could do without all the patronizing bullcrap. 'Funny feeling' - 'not as bad as they seem'

AndyWin
11-26-2013, 11:11 AM
That's what makes it possible

This is what worries me (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103191)

Foxboro Steve
11-26-2013, 11:18 AM
The problems started last year when Schaub kept playing on his previously-injured foot. Game tapes show a remarkable difference in his mechanics before and after the injury. He's never been the same quarterback. He lost his poise, but Kubiak and Schaub went on as if nothing was wrong.

We lost Glover Quin, Conner Barwin, DeMeco Ryans, and let Chris Jones slip through. The guys they drafted to fill the holes bummed out, or are on IR, like Quesenberry. Arian Foster just started to get into mid-season form before having to opt for surgery. Tate has been on and off with injuries as well.

Randy Bullock...you might as well play Russian Roulette with yourself...he's very inconsistent and lost us a game this year, and puts us on the edge of sanity every time he goes in for a field goal.

Ed Reed was a bust, but he wasn't allowed the flexibility in the defense to do what he does so well, and his attitude was suspect. Also, The Texans were not made aware of his potential hip surgery until after he was signed.

Matt Schaub gets into the worst QB funk I've ever seen and throws himself into the Pick-6 history books. Kubes keeps playing him until the team begins to question the coaches sanity, and it has all been downhill on an icy, greasy slope with a 100mph tailwind at their backs.

Oh yeah - Wade's dad, Bum Phillips died, and then our coach nearly croaks at the Colts/Texans halftime.

It has been a disastrous year, I just wonder how other teams might have survived this, because I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel just yet.

Injuries happen. We've had the middle of our D gutted... Wilfork, Mayo, Kelly, Gregory. Talib is gimpy. Yet somehow, Hoodie coaches these guys up and makes them play at a very high level. Everyone has injuries.

Didn't Kubiak go from Keenum to Shaub and then back? That's a mess, and the locker room will know that the staff has no idea what they are doing.

IMO, your FO needs to cut ties with the staff and rebuild.

Foxboro Steve
11-26-2013, 11:21 AM
Pats fans, any chance that Cierre Wood gets activated in your opinions? I know Ridley is in the dog house big time and wondering if BB might sport his Wood against us just to show our retards in the FO what's what. Glad we were able to make a point to everyone about who is "Texan worthy" and who's not. Apparently any scrub released from other teams are worthy though which is weird.

I have not read anything that indicates Wood gets activated. If it was going to happen, it would be this week. With Ridley in the doghouse, Hoodie gets an opportunity to show everyone how much smarter he is. If the guy sucks, Hoodie will just cut him and move on

kiwitexansfan
11-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Texans: 31

Pats: 30

:spin::spin::spin:

Yeah, right! :sarcasm:

9 FG, 2 safeties?

YeaLikeRightNow
11-26-2013, 11:36 AM
Injuries happen. We've had the middle of our D gutted... Wilfork, Mayo, Kelly, Gregory. Talib is gimpy. Yet somehow, Hoodie coaches these guys up and makes them play at a very high level. Everyone has injuries.

Didn't Kubiak go from Keenum to Shaub and then back? That's a mess, and the locker room will know that the staff has no idea what they are doing.

IMO, your FO needs to cut ties with the staff and rebuild.

Yessiree...Kubiak played spin-the-bottle between Schaub and Keenum, which in my opinion, does only the fans any good...whomever QB you root for! I don't think the locker room has given up, but simply toned it down since nobody wants to get injured these last few games, and those wanting to leave will leave healthy. I don't blame them. They are only human.

Yes...every team has injuries, but our depth was not there to pick it up. Even backups were injured from simple practicing.

Wilfork was a huge loss for you, but you fared well in the Broncos game, once the tide turned. Your receiving corps has really picked it up since the first games of the season. Job well done on getting everyone up to the standards.

The best thing that can happen for our Texans, in my own miniscule opinion, is for them to get humiliated and further exposed of a coaching staff and FO that has left the players to bleed.

texanhead08
11-26-2013, 12:57 PM
All the Pats have to do is isolate the LBs on their RBs coming out of the backfield. Edelman will torch McCain in the slot.

On defense, Talib will shut down AJ.

Only chance the Texans have is to run it up the gut. The Pats are horrific up front. Poor Chris Jones was gettin demolished last game.

The Texans offense is horrific up front so thats a wash.

TexansBull
11-26-2013, 02:13 PM
I remember when the Pats laid it on the Titans 59-0. I hope the Pats dont try to break that record. Belichek hates the turf at Reliant so maybe our bad turf will help us and Belichek sits starters because of it.

Pathetic our turf will be our best defense.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Foxboro Steve
11-26-2013, 02:18 PM
I remember when the Pats laid it on the Titans 59-0. I hope the Pats dont try to break that record. Belichek hates the turf at Reliant so maybe our bad turf will help us and Belichek sits starters because of it.

Pathetic our turf will be our best defense.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
:ahhaha:
BB is not going to sit starters with the post season not cliched. He will not take his foot off the throttle, neither will Brady.

Thorn
11-26-2013, 03:11 PM
:ahhaha:
BB is not going to sit starters with the post season not cliched. He will not take his foot off the throttle, neither will Brady.

We're DOOMED!!! The Pats are going to beat us forty thousand billion trillion to 3.

Actually I was just kidding about the 3. I think we can score two FGs in-between all their TDs.

TexansBlood
11-26-2013, 03:30 PM
Im just glad this game is not a primetime game.

Patriots-46
Texans-6

chicagotexan2
11-26-2013, 03:35 PM

That funny feeling is the scotch kicking in.

Pats 31

Texans 17

drs23
11-26-2013, 03:52 PM
we're doomed!!! The pats are going to beat us forty thousand billion trillion to 3.

Actually i was just kidding about the 3. Bullock is still our kicker.:choke:

fify :d

Norg
11-26-2013, 04:09 PM
we have the same problem we had last year our ILB in coverage are Terrible...remember when I think we had Ruud former titans LB well we have the same problem this year at least Sharpton is healthy is guess LOL but still no cushing and Mcain and Harris still play on the Texans and they will still get Burnt

and I don't think we have played one pats game when cushing was healthy I would like to see how different that would be

Sigma
11-26-2013, 05:30 PM
This is what worries me (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103191)

LOL (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2257918#post2257918)

Double Barrel
11-26-2013, 05:40 PM
Ha Ha touche!

There are no sure things in the NFL.

No sure things, but Belichick and Brady being badass are about as close as it gets to a sure thing.

That game Sunday was amazing. I stayed with it at 24-0, just because I've never need the Patriots in that position and wondered how they would respond. What happened in the 2nd half did not surprise me, and it was very fun to watch.

I hate you Boston! You get all the winners, we get cold chicken dinners.

LMAO!!! Ain't that the truth.

And the Texans homer reply would be "they didn't boo them while they were on offense".

But it would not have mattered. Belichick's teams have ice cold veins and hearts of tempered steel. They absorb their fans' disappointment and spit it back out with a performance for the ages.

Kinda' pathetic to see the butthurt in that light. Soft as puppy poop some of the Texans are.

StarStruck
11-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Stranger things have happened. Remember season 1, the Texans beat playoff bound Pittsburg in their stadium. It was an ugly 24-6, but nevertheless, it was a win.

clutch
11-26-2013, 07:58 PM
Will be at the game. .hopeing for a good game..hope case and andre hook up for a couple of scores. .but at the end of the day..pats blow us out in the 2nd half..so go pats..I guess..

Nawzer
11-26-2013, 08:12 PM
This game might get so out of hand that Tom Brady may let Giselle Bundchen take a few snaps.

Txn_in_Oki
11-27-2013, 01:32 AM
I can see the Texans winning this just to show what this season "might have been". One more punch in the gut for the fans.

I think a win this week would just cause fans to rage even harder against Kubiak and prove what a waste of a season this really is.

I want a change as much as anybody, but damn, another 2 win season is embarrassing.

Foxboro Steve
11-27-2013, 09:52 AM
No sure things, but Belichick and Brady being badass are about as close as it gets to a sure thing.

That game Sunday was amazing. I stayed with it at 24-0, just because I've never need the Patriots in that position and wondered how they would respond. What happened in the 2nd half did not surprise me, and it was very fun to watch.

I hate you Boston! You get all the winners, we get cold chicken dinners.

I followed this team faithfully when they were the laughingstock of the NFL, 2-14, fouling up top first round picks every year. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't appreciate the fact that what we have in Foxboro right now is special, and likely will never be duplicated.

infantrycak
11-27-2013, 11:26 AM
Stranger things have happened. Remember season 1, the Texans beat playoff bound Pittsburg in their stadium. It was an ugly 24-6, but nevertheless, it was a win.

Remember season 2 when the Texans beat the Super Bowl losing Carolina Panthers and took the eventual winning New England Patriots to OT.

Double Barrel
11-27-2013, 11:30 AM
I followed this team faithfully when they were the laughingstock of the NFL, 2-14, fouling up top first round picks every year. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't appreciate the fact that what we have in Foxboro right now is special, and likely will never be duplicated.

Yeah, no doubt about it. I've been a Brady fan since 2001 when he came in for an injured Bledsoe. As you know, he's been fun to watch for the past 12 seasons since then.

It's a once-in-a-lifetime experience to have a HoF QB and HoF coach on your franchise, so soak it up while you can.

Meanwhile, in H-town, we'd just like to get past the second round of the playoffs... :fingergun:

JB
11-27-2013, 11:35 AM
Meanwhile, in H-town, we'd just like to get past the second round of the playoffs... :fingergun:

Which is a lot better than what Houston fans are used to wishing for

:spin:

TheMatrix31
11-27-2013, 03:05 PM
This ****ty season will become way more palatable if we beat these Patriot ****s, so I hope we do. Hope we beat their asses, actually.

Seegara
11-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Pats 109
Texans 0
Forced to conclude that the Texans just don't have any pride.

RTP2110
11-28-2013, 10:50 PM
I'm really surprised at the line in this game. Pats -7.5 is crazy. Dang, we just lost by 7 to the Jags. I know NE played a long, emotional game, but still. I'm just not optimistic about this game at all. Tom Brady against McCain/Harris in man coverage? Keenum looks as lost as ever, and he gets to go up against a Belichick coached defense? Needless to say, I don't like the match up on either side of the ball. I always hope for a Texans win, but I'll be surprised if this stays within single digits.

bhsman
11-29-2013, 02:27 AM
Yankee Texans fan checking in:

I wouldn't mind seeing the team win. Everyone gets their free slushie, we maybe exorcise some demons from last year, stop the losing streak, everybody feels good in the short term...

But if it means we lose out on Bridgewater/Clowney and it means a few more wins, leading to Kubiak (and by Kubiak - whom I like - I really mean Marciano) being retained...I hope Tom Brady drops a 40-burger on us.

patfanken
11-29-2013, 08:27 AM
Just a couple of comments on the comments:

1. There is no other team in the league that moves to the next page better than the Patriots. However that being said, they did play a 5 quarter, uber-emotional late game and human nature is human nature and it can be easy to see the Pats come out flat for this game.

2. This is the Texan's superbowl, and the longer they stay in the game the more of a dogfight this will be. The longer they stay in the game the longer the fans will be in the game. A fast start for the Pats will be ideal, but might be hard to come by.

3. The Jags just proved to you that EVERYONE in the NFL is capable of winning on any given Sunday. The worst no name at the end of the bench is better than any football player you are likely to have known

4. The key to your team's problems IMHO, is with the HC. He's not horrible, just not above average. Even with the injuries, with the exception of the QB position the Pats are certainly no more talented than the Texans. But they have been molded into a much better TEAM. That is a function of coaching.

5. This has been one of the more amazing Pats teams in the last 13 years. It will go down as one of my favorites regardless of how thi season ends. Remember the Pats have lost their ENTIRE middle of the their D and BOTH of their 2 "replaceable" players in Mayo and Wilfolk.

Not only did we start the season keeping an amazing 13 rookies (6 draft picks and 6 UDFA) I mean who keeps SIX UDFA's :eek: We have been starting, not one by 2 UDFA's as DT's and 2 of the 3 guys backing them up are UDFA. That's nuts And that doesn't even consider this issues on losing 5 of your 6 top receivers from your team and the have the 6th one miss half the season......and be down to your THIRD string RT

6. So it I have to give the Pats one attribute for this season, its mental toughness. We as fans might not think they have any chance to win a game, but they certainly don't. They 24-0 comeback wasn't the first multi-TD deficit the Pats had overcome this season

7. The Texans still have 2 of my favorite players to watch in this league. Andre Johnson is one. Can you imagine what kind of career Johnson would have had if he'd had Tom Brady throwing to him all those years. He's a certain HOFer now, but those could have been Jerry Rice like numbers. Don't forget that Matt Schaub has been the BEST QB Johnson's had :eek:

And JJ Watt is have a great season as well. He was my draft Binky that year and I was bitterly disappointed the Pats didn't have a shot at him. In fact I was surprised he went that high. When I think of Watt I think of the first Pats game last season. IIRC that was one of the most impressive individual performances I'd seen by a DL in a long. What made it so memorable after the fact that was Watt had something like 2 tackles on his stat sheet. He was visibly awesome, even though the Pats did a great job keeping him off the stat sheet, THAT's how good he is, and Houston fans should feel lucky to be able to watch him every week.

Naija Texan
11-29-2013, 12:11 PM
It is all on the defense to win this game, they can't and shouldn't expect anything from the offense with Kubiak calling plays and Case now going in line with the system more then his more successful off schedule play making.

CloakNNNdagger
11-30-2013, 12:33 PM
Highlighting Patriots-Texans connections (http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4754213/highlighting-patriots-texans-connections)
November, 29, 2013
By Field Yates | ESPNBoston.com

Linebacker Jeff Tarpinian: Originally signed as an undrafted free agent out of Iowa back in 2011, Tarpinian was released by the Patriots from their practice squad this year before landing on the Panthers' practice squad, albeit briefly. He was signed by the Texans, who had been hurt by inside linebacker injuries, on Oct. 28, and quickly has made an impact. In three games, Tarpinian already has 14 tackles.

Cornerback Josh Victorian: A former member of the Patriots' practice squad, Victorian is a reserve defensive back in Houston who has two tackles in three games played this season.

Associate director of pro scouting Bobby Grier: A member of the Patriots' organization for nearly two decades from 1981 to 1999, Grier joined the Texans in the same role he currently serves in. He worked in a number of capacities in New England, including three years as the vice president of player personnel from 1997 to 1999.

And now, a trio of current Patriots with Texans ties.

Defensive tackle Chris Jones: A sixth-round pick for Houston this past April, Jones was waived by the Texans and Buccaneers before landing in New England. Given that he already has five sacks this season and is playing a healthy number of snaps per game, itís fair to wonder if the Texans wish they could have this one back.

Running back Cierre Wood: The practice squad player was undrafted out of Notre Dame, landing on the Texans, where little-touted backs have gone on to success (notably, Arian Foster). Wood was among a trio of Texans who were released from the active roster as a disciplinary measure after an incident the night before a game against the Chiefs.

Linebacker Ja'Gared Davis: Another current practice squad player, Davis was signed by the Texans as an undrafted free agent out of SMU this April. Upon being waived in late August, Davis landed with the Patriots via a waiver claim. He was promoted to the active roster for one game this season before being waived and re-signed to the practice squad.

CloakNNNdagger
11-30-2013, 12:45 PM
I'm really surprised at the line in this game. Pats -7.5 is crazy. Dang, we just lost by 7 to the Jags. I know NE played a long, emotional game, but still. I'm just not optimistic about this game at all. Tom Brady against McCain/Harris in man coverage? Keenum looks as lost as ever, and he gets to go up against a Belichick coached defense? Needless to say, I don't like the match up on either side of the ball. I always hope for a Texans win, but I'll be surprised if this stays within single digits.

NFL POINTS PER GAME (http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/points-per-game)

Rank 7

Team PATRIOTS

2013 26.2

Last 3 36.3

Last 1 34.0

Home 30.3

Away 21.2

2012 33.9

With Vegas expecting at least a 48 points being scored this game with a 7.5 betting line, looks like we're expected to do some decent scoring.:hurrah:

CloakNNNdagger
11-30-2013, 04:17 PM
If we can't show a run game against the Pats to help out Case, it will truly be a sad day in that their run defense is 31st in the NFL.........they have no Mayo, no Kelly, and no Wilfork. And their secondary which has played quite commendably may not get much out of Talib, who didn't finish the last game (after missing 3 previous games) due to his hip flexor injury. He is purported to play Sunday. Seeing that he has already had a re-injury, another is VERY likely with so little rest.

Bulls on Parade
11-30-2013, 05:49 PM
As I'm sure fans of the Jaguars and Falcons feel that way also. But there's a better chance of the Jaguars beating the Browns and the Falcons beating the Bills tomorrow.

Bulls on Parade
11-30-2013, 05:51 PM
If we can't show a run game against the Pats to help out Case, it will truly be a sad day in that their run defense is 31st in the NFL.........they have no Mayo, no Kelly, and no Wilfork. And their secondary which has played quite commendably may not get much out of Talib, who didn't finish the last game (after missing 3 previous games) due to his hip flexor injury. He is purported to play Sunday. Seeing that he has already had a re-injury, another is VERY likely with so little rest.
Ben Tate is horrendous and can't run at all right now. He should have been put on IR weeks ago with those broken ribs. One yard on seven carries against the lowly Jaguars defense should tell you plenty. Dennis Johnson may be able to break off a few big runs. That kid is fun to watch but even if he has a lot of carries and over 100 yards rushing it's not going to be enough to beat Tom Brady.

Texecutioner
11-30-2013, 07:35 PM
It's way to important for the Patriots to win this week. No way they let the Texans screw up their playoff seeding. BB is a great strategist and Kubiak is the worst in the entire league and he has lost his team. The Texans may not get rolled and might make a game of it, but they aren't winning jack against a motivated Tom Brady who has had to elevate his game every week to overcome the lack of talent he has to work with on offense. Teams that lack the kind of fundamentals that the Texans do aren't going to beat an obsessed leader like Tom Brady at the end of the season when they "need" wins and we are just playing to finish the season.

BeerTastesLikeVictory
11-30-2013, 07:47 PM
2. This is the Texan's superbowl,

I stopped reading after this. This is one of the most overused terms when a bad team plays a good team. It's not their superbowl. It's just another game in a bad season for the Texans.

CloakNNNdagger
11-30-2013, 08:50 PM
Ben Tate is horrendous and can't run at all right now. He should have been put on IR weeks ago with those broken ribs. One yard on seven carries against the lowly Jaguars defense should tell you plenty. Dennis Johnson may be able to break off a few big runs. That kid is fun to watch but even if he has a lot of carries and over 100 yards rushing it's not going to be enough to beat Tom Brady.

His ribs would no longer be his problem.............his problem last week was a Turf Toe.........worse for an RB.........since this is likely to be a factor the rest of this season.

b0ng
12-01-2013, 04:11 AM
2. This is the Texan's superbowl,

I am glad that you put this at the top of what I would assume is a giant turd of a post, so I at least got a warning before reading the rest of that. Now that you've said your whatever that was, feel free to go back to patsfans or whatever special little cesspool you came from. The coaches and players will do whatever they can to break the loss streak, that doesn't make it their "Super Bowl".