PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans. 11/24. Noon. CBS. **Official Game Thread**

Pages : [1] 2 3

ThaShark316
11-24-2013, 01:00 AM
:toropalm:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2ld7hwo.jpg

For the past two seasons, the Houston Texans sat atop the AFC South while the Jacksonville Jaguars were near or at the bottom.

Mired in a franchise-worst eight-game skid, the Texans hope to avoid sharing a spot in the division basement with the visiting Jaguars by recording a sixth consecutive victory in the series Sunday.

Houston (2-8) went 22-10 the last two seasons and set its sights on a third straight division title before a 30-9 loss at Baltimore in Week 3 began what's been one of the most frustrating stretches in team history.

While trying to overcome the loss of stars Brian Cushing and Arian Foster to season-ending injuries, the Texans emotionally dealt with the mini-stroke suffered by coach Gary Kubiak earlier this month.

However, Kubiak is entertaining questions about his job security after Sunday's 28-23 home loss to Oakland generated more concern. Kubiak benched quarterback Case Keenum, Matt Schaub and receiver Andre Johnson argued on the sideline after a late failed fourth-down pass attempt and running back Ben Tate called out some fans on a radio show for booing during the game.

"I could feel a lot better. I know that," said Kubiak, who hopes to coach from the sideline and not the press box Sunday. ''I'm just one of many people. Every player, every coach, it has been very difficult.

"It's tough on the organization, everybody, our fans. I feel a lot like everybody else, but I'm the guy that has got to get in there and figure out a way for us to work through it and that's what I'm trying to do."

Kubiak insists he's not lost his team.

"I don't see anybody fraying," he said. "I'm honest with them with where we're at and what we do every day. We're in there working our tails off, just trying to work our way out of this."

Keenum will be back under center for a fifth straight start. He threw for 170 yards with a touchdown and his first interception but was pulled after Houston punted on its first three drives of the second half.

http://i44.tinypic.com/s1u4ax.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/msi2k4.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2q89ft4.jpg

What I want to see:

Case getting reps ALL game

No, no, no Kubiak...do not take him out!

Protection of Keenum/run blocking being crucial

Not only should they protect 7, but opening holes up for Mr. Tate, opening up the obvious play action

Hey defense, how bout a stop?

Simple enough, right? I'm talking about the BIG stop.

Fundamentals

Holding on to the ball, penalties, tackling. You name it; it needs to be fixed.

No speeches, no pep talk; nothing. Just act like you have a damned pulse. Easy enough, fellas. Fans may not care, but show that YOU do, guys on the field. If you want to win...THEN GO DO IT!

NastyNate
11-24-2013, 01:48 AM
At this point every win postpones success. Lose admirably Texans.

Vance87
11-24-2013, 02:13 AM
Neg they must win because I will be in attendance.

Carr Bombed
11-24-2013, 03:27 AM
Correction in the OP

If they lose against the Jags, they won't share the bottom of the division, they'll have sole ownership of it due to head to head tie breakers.

I know, it's sad to even fathom that. :kubepalm: :wadepalm:

Wolf6151
11-24-2013, 03:53 AM
My daughter and I will be at the game, section 135, hoping to change the karma in Reliant Stadium.

welsh texan
11-24-2013, 04:57 AM
Correction in the OP

If they lose against the Jags, they won't share the bottom of the division, they'll have sole ownership of it due to head to head tie breakers.

I know, it's sad to even fathom that. :kubepalm: :wadepalm:

They'll have gone from #1 power ranking (which they were all so keen to celebrate) to #32 in less than a year.

Bulls on Parade
11-24-2013, 06:40 AM
At this point every win postpones success. Lose admirably Texans.
I hate to say it but you may be right. I'm ready to clean house and I feel very excited about the 2014 NFL Draft. I know there are six games left starting today, but my mind is already focused on both the off-season and the 2014 season as a Texans fan. If losing to those little kitty cats twice in the next three games can help us turn things around quicker next season then so be it.

Bulls on Parade
11-24-2013, 06:42 AM
They'll have gone from #1 power ranking (which they were all so keen to celebrate) to #32 in less than a year.
We can manage man. The sooner the 2013 season comes to an end the better.

welsh texan
11-24-2013, 06:54 AM
We can manage man. The sooner the 2013 season comes to an end the better.

I know dude, a lot has been made of the waste of talent over the past couple of years but I still believe it is just a change of coaching philosophy required.

Sure we've lost a lot of mid-level talent and role players, but we still have all the elite level talent required to be successful.

A strong draft under a new philosophy can replace a lot of those guys like dreessen, casey, Quin, brisel, winston, and the like who are necessary components to a successful team, but are replaceable with half decent drafting and player development, that's how we got them in the first place after all, and it was the right decision not to overpay for most of those cases, it is in the breakdown of talent identification and player development coaching that we have failed to remain on top. A 2006 style draft from a new regime could add back in all those mid level type talents and add an extra elite piece or two with our top pick and a gem unearthed in the mid rounds.

We're likely to have a chance at a bona fide 1st round talent with our second round pick just as we got with demeco as well.

TheMatrix31
11-24-2013, 06:56 AM
People who want us to lose are pathetic losers.

Beat the **** out of Jacksoffville, please.

Bulls on Parade
11-24-2013, 07:06 AM

Nobody wants the Texans to lose. They are just intelligent enough to realize the bigger picture. We may have to clean house in the off-season and bring in an entirely new coaching staff. Much less worry about who we're going to draft with our first-round pick. These problems run much deeper than you or anybody thinking we can win today's game realize.

Thorn
11-24-2013, 07:38 AM
I will not accept going into a game wanting to lose. I just will not do that. The Texans have NOT reached the futility level of the Oilers. Frankly, I'm not sure they can in my eyes.

Beat the crap out of Jacksonville. I want to see Keenum throw for 6 TDs while we beat the frigging kittens by 40 points or more.

GO TEXANS

:texan:

Grams
11-24-2013, 07:51 AM
I will not accept going into a game wanting to lose. I just will not do that. The Texans have NOT reached the futility level of the Oilers. Frankly, I'm not sure they can in my eyes.

Beat the crap out of Jacksonville. I want to see Keenum throw for 6 TDs while we beat the frigging kittens by 40 points or more.

GO TEXANS

:texan:

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are still bad enough and will lose enough games to get a high draft pick. We sure as hell do not want to lose to the Jags.

Thorn
11-24-2013, 07:54 AM
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are still bad enough and will lose enough games to get a high draft pick. We sure as hell do not want to lose to the Jags.

Yes. My thoughts exactly. We are still drafting in the top ten. I want to see us end this losing streak today. I'm tired of looking at the pictures of a dejected Watts, players fighting amongst themselves and I want Keenum to get his first win under his belt.

The losing ends today.

TejasTom
11-24-2013, 08:46 AM
http://506sports.com/nfl13/12-CBS-V2.png

San Diego @ Kansas City (red) -- Jim Nantz, Phil Simms [AK, HI]
NY Jets @ Baltimore (blue) -- Greg Gumbel, Dan Dierdorf
Pittsburgh @ Cleveland (barney) -- Kevin Harlan, Solomon Wilcots
Jacksonville @ Houston (aqua) -- Bill Macatee, Steve Tasker, Steve Beuerlein
Indianapolis @ Arizona (green - LATE) -- Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts
Tennessee @ Oakland (yellow - LATE) -- Marv Albert, Rich Gannon

Officiating crew: Mike Carey (http://www.football-refs.com/active-refs/mike-carey/)

Game Release (http://media.houstontexans.com/images/9057/2012_Game_Releases/2013_Game_Releases/2013_12_Houston.pdf)

Andre Johnson needs 10 catches to get to 900. If he gets them today he will tie Marvin Harrison for fastest ever.

CloakNNNdagger
11-24-2013, 09:21 AM
http://506sports.com/nfl13/12-CBS-V2.png

San Diego @ Kansas City (red) -- Jim Nantz, Phil Simms [AK, HI]
NY Jets @ Baltimore (purple) -- Greg Gumbel, Dan Dierdorf
Pittsburgh @ Cleveland (barney) -- Kevin Harlan, Solomon Wilcots
Jacksonville @ Houston (aqua) -- Bill Macatee, Steve Tasker, Steve Beuerlein
Indianapolis @ Arizona (green - LATE) -- Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts
Tennessee @ Oakland (yellow - LATE) -- Marv Albert, Rich Gannon

Officiating crew: Mike Carey (http://www.football-refs.com/active-refs/mike-carey/)

Game Release (http://media.houstontexans.com/images/9057/2012_Game_Releases/2013_Game_Releases/2013_12_Houston.pdf)

Andre Johnson needs 10 catches to get to 900. If he gets them today he will tie Marvin Harrison for fastest ever.

Tasker has never been kind to the Texans. I'm am looking to be "dressed down" throughout the game........Lord help us if we lose.......he will be unmerciful. :gun:

bckey
11-24-2013, 09:36 AM

:toropalm:

dream_team
11-24-2013, 09:39 AM

Exactly!!!

Just win, that's all I care about. We're already at a low this season, but losing to the Jags at home will be an all time franchise history low.

If you want a sure fire way unattract free agents, and encourage current Texans to leave, then yes... continue to lose. SMH!

escrimador
11-24-2013, 09:52 AM
Release the anger. There is no loss. Care not about draft position. All that remains today is the love of the game (and a vicodin cocktail). Go Texans!

steelbtexan
11-24-2013, 09:53 AM
Yes. My thoughts exactly. We are still drafting in the top ten. I want to see us end this losing streak today. I'm tired of looking at the pictures of a dejected Watts, players fighting amongst themselves and I want Keenum to get his first win under his belt.

The losing ends today.

^^^^
This

Losing attitude begats more losing.

I want to see Case play well in the 2nd half, despite Gary's lack of adjustments and show further progression in his game.

Go Texans

TejasTom
11-24-2013, 10:02 AM
Funny stuff from the Jags forum (http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/1578-mary-lou-retton-will-lead-the-texans-onto-the-field-sunday-and-all-fans-get-pom-poms/).

- First 70,000 fans will receive a free Deep Steel Blue pom pom from Hyundai.
- Olympic gold medalist and Houstonian Mary Lou Retton will lead the team onto the field

Mary Lou Retton could probably start for the Jags at a couple of positions. *Even at her age.

Nothing says Texas like Hyundai.

Mary Lou leads out Texans
Gabby leads out Jags.
Identical scenario.
Both play with Pom poms
Both wear tights.
Both are cute.
Both are retired.

Bulls on Parade
11-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Release the anger. There is no loss. Care not about draft position. All that remains today is the love of the game (and a vicodin cocktail). Go Texans!
The Texans are still mathematically alive in the wild-card race. Something like a 2 % chance I believe it was. They would have to win out and finish 8-8 and receive a lot of help. If only they had secured some of those halftime leads against the Cardinals, Colts and Seahawks, we'd be right there in the hunt with three more wins right about now.

At any rate, the sting of eight losses in a row, along with all of the injuries to key players like Brian Cushing and Arian Foster to name a few, it just feels hopeless to even expect this team to beat the Jaguars at home today. I'm not going to have a positive attitude for the rest of the 2013 season. The coaching staff doesn't breed any confidence into me anymore. I applaud the players for playing hard but there is not a lot to cheer for with six games left and our 2013 season, one that was once filled with Super Bowl aspirations, already on the edge of that underachieving cliff.

Somebody mentioned last week (may have been Rey), but why should we as Texans fans care if the team obviously doesn't?

EllisUnit
11-24-2013, 10:33 AM
I'm just ready to see Case and AJ light it up.

TejasTom
11-24-2013, 10:34 AM
I tend to think of this as back to back 4 game losing streaks.

Bulls on Parade
11-24-2013, 10:40 AM
The Texans offense will get theirs today. At least they should. That's not going to dictate whether we win or lose. It's going to come down to the defense not being embarrassed by a team with little offensive weapons like they were last week against the Raiders.

At least Justin Blackmon is suspended and can't have a huge game against us like he did last year in Houston. The problem is our secondary is so bad right now, not to mention the inability of our safeties and inside linebackers to successfully cover a pass especially on third downs, that their receivers and tight ends will still make some big plays down the field. There will be a lot of gaping holes in the middle of that field.

The Jaguars offense can likely take advantage of that whether they run or pass. I expect Maurice Jones-Drew to have his best game of the season today. Chad Henne is probably licking his chops and salivating over this matchup.

Statistically, the Texans should win this game. But like I've been saying all year long. If you went by the stats the Texans would be 8-2 and not 2-8. The Texans are 1st in defense and 8th in offense (yardage wise). In fact, I think it's the first time in NFL history a team is 2-8 ranked that highly on both offense and defense.

Nobody plays the game based on useless stats. The Jaguars have a chance if they play as well as I saw them for most of that Arizona game last week (led 14-7 at one point) and a few weeks ago when they beat the Titans.

Lucky
11-24-2013, 10:45 AM
Isn't this where the Texans go on a meaningless win streak to prove they haven't quit on Kubiak and still are "on the right track"?

I don't see a reason to worry about draft position. The Texans will get a high draft choice and there's no clear cut #1 pick, ala Andrew Luck, in this draft. I know the losing has to be wearing on AJ and JJ. I hope they get this ludicrous streak snapped. But to be clear, there's nothing Kubiak can do the rest of the way to keep his job, IMHO.

Lucky
11-24-2013, 10:49 AM
Statistically, the Texans should win this game. But like I've been saying all year long. If you went by the stats the Texans would be 8-2 and not 2-8.
That is correct. The Texans have outgained their opponents in every game except KC and Arizona. Finding ways to lose is what the 2013 Texans do best.

CloakNNNdagger
11-24-2013, 10:54 AM

I think that Kubiak finally wakes up and makes significant out-of-character adjustments to the game plan, specifically to "let it happen.":)

Carr Bombed
11-24-2013, 11:05 AM
That is correct. The Texans have outgained their opponents in every game except KC and Arizona. Finding ways to lose is what the 2013 Texans do best.

And to me that comes down to coaching.. because when games are so close, a lot of that comes down to situational football which comes down to coaching. Like taking chip shot field goals and taking the points instead of going for it on 4th and short, getting stopped, and then end up losing the game by 3 points. :vincepalm:

Our how about staying in man coverage and blitzing on nearly every defensive play even though the other team is just carving you up running screens or attacking your all out blitzes with their running game (Cardinals game)

When you come out of halftime and can't adjust to what the other team is doing, that's also coaching. This coaching staff has always had a problem with adjustments, It seems like Kubiak goes into a game with a game plan and then when the other team counters and shuts down what he's trying to do, he goes into the crapper and can't adjust. They've also had a problem with getting this team ready to play against the top teams in the league.. reason for Kubiak's abysmal record vs teams with a winning record.

I'm just ready to see this coaching staff leave. They've been the definition of mediocrity.

TejasTom
11-24-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm just ready to see this coaching staff leave. They've been the definition of mediocrity.

This.

G27RR
11-24-2013, 11:14 AM
^^^^
This

Losing attitude begats more losing.

I want to see Case play well in the 2nd half, despite Gary's lack of adjustments and show further progression in his game.

Go Texans

“The mind is a strange thing, men.We must begin by asking it……What is losing?

Losing is a disease……as contagious as polio.

Losing is a disease……as contagious as syphilis.

Losing is a disease……as contagious as bubonic plague…… attacking one…… but infecting all.

But curable.”

I agree with everything you said. Hope Case airs it out and AJ has a monster day.

Rey
11-24-2013, 11:30 AM
Shefter just said on espn that "a lot of people in the organization were shocked to see kubiak put Schaub in but now they plan on sticking with keenum the rest of the way..."

If that's accurate, that does indeed sound like someone sat Gary down and told him what he was going to do.

Carr Bombed
11-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Shefter just said on espn that "a lot of people in the organization were shocked to see kubiak put Schaub in but now they plan on sticking with keenum the rest of the way..."

If that's accurate, that does indeed sound like someone sat Gary down and told him what he was going to do.

After his game in KC, they should've came out and named him the starter for the rest of the season right then. It would've took a lot of unnecessary pressure off of him to perform without him having to look over his shoulder.

But Kubes moves at a snails pace so we all got what we saw last week.. and I think that one move to put Schaub back in cemented this F.O.'s decision to **** can him at the end of the season. I think he got his hand slapped after the game too, reason why we're now hearing "he's the starter the rest of the way".

bckey
11-24-2013, 11:50 AM

Yep. I bet that is exactly what happened. Kubiak's love for Schaub is a little disturbing and it affects his decision making. He is so blinded by it that someone had to sit him down and point it out to him. I'll bet it is causing Kubiak some great internal turmoil to be handcuffed like that. It wouldn't surprise me if his love for Schaub causes him to insert him in a game again somewhere before the season is over. He can't bear not seeing Schaub out there and living his dreams through him. Emotion may get the best of him if he doesn't heed the warnings or it may get to a point where all is lost and he no longer cares what anyone tells him.

Kubiak needs to go for the good of the organization and himself. Take Phillips, Dennison and Marciano with him. Reformat the hard drive and install a new operating system. The core hardware is good enough. Just need a few new parts to run everything at max.

Carr Bombed
11-24-2013, 12:10 PM
Yep. I bet that is exactly what happened. Kubiak's love for Schaub is a little disturbing and it affects his decision making. He is so blinded by it that someone had to sit him down and point it out to him. I'll bet it is causing Kubiak some great internal turmoil to be handcuffed like that. It wouldn't surprise me if his love for Schaub causes him to insert him in a game again somewhere before the season is over. He can't bear not seeing Schaub out there and living his dreams through him. Emotion may get the best of him if he doesn't heed the warnings or it may get to a point where all is lost and he no longer cares what anyone tells him.

Kubiak needs to go for the good of the organization and himself. Take Phillips, Dennison and Marciano with him. Reformat the hard drive and install a new operating system. The core hardware is good enough. Just need a few new parts to run everything at max.

The problem wasn't him just reinserting Schaub.. it was how he undermined Keenum. Before the game even started and before he even put Schaub back out there, the week before he was already talking about how he had no problem pulling a QB. (like he never did with Schaub when he struggled)... Nobody believed he actually meant it and when he did it, everybody saw straight through it, the owner, the fans, and the players. He was already laying the ground work to reinsert Matt Schaub. That makes me question where else has he tried to undermine Keenum.

bckey
11-24-2013, 12:13 PM
The problem wasn't him just reinserting Schaub.. it was how he undermined Keenum. Before the game even started and before he even put Schaub back out there, the week before he was already talking about how he had no problem pulling a QB. (like he ever did with Schaub when he struggled)... Nobody believed he actually meant it and when he did it, everybody saw straight through it, the owner, the fans, and the players. He was already laying the ground work to reinsert Matt Schaub. That makes me question where else has he tried to undermine Keenum.

I agree with you.

Lucky
11-24-2013, 12:30 PM
And by "someone" you must mean McNair. Because he's the only one who could sit Kubiak down and tell him what to do.

You know what scares me? The light coming on completely for Keenum and seeing him saving Kubiak's job.

Showtime100
11-24-2013, 12:40 PM
For the first time in weeks I think the Texans will win a football game.....

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Pet%20Funny%20Misc/cleese-underwear_zps3c1d9f25.gif

Carr Bombed
11-24-2013, 12:42 PM
For the first time in weeks I think the Texans will win a football game.....

[IMG]

What the hell Showtime. :scarygirl:

Showtime100
11-24-2013, 12:47 PM
What the hell Showtime. :scarygirl:

Lol, sorry about that. I'm a big Monty Python fan. :handshake:

Thorn
11-24-2013, 12:47 PM
We'll beat the kittens. I'm sure as well. :)

Naiirb
11-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Hope everyone gets their eyes ready for the eyesore that the Jags call helmets

Showtime100
11-24-2013, 12:52 PM
That Florence Henderson bit was actually funny.

redwhiteANDblue
11-24-2013, 12:54 PM
Think of this game as a battle for draft position!

Lucky
11-24-2013, 12:55 PM
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Pet%20Funny%20Misc/cleese-underwear_zps3c1d9f25.gif
If that's not a slumpbuster, I don't know what is.

Bulls on Parade
11-24-2013, 12:57 PM
Think of this game as a battle for draft position!
We play the Patriots at home next Sunday.
If they can't get it done today... 10 losses in a row?

CloakNNNdagger
11-24-2013, 01:00 PM
And by "someone" you must mean McNair. Because he's the only one who could sit Kubiak down and tell him what to do.

You know what scares me? The light coming on completely for Keenum and seeing him saving Kubiak's job.

I see this as a very likely scenario.

amazing80
11-24-2013, 01:00 PM
We play the Patriots at home next Sunday.
If they can't get it done today... 10 losses in a row?

or we win out and have a small chance at the 6 seed :whip:

MEGA SWATT
11-24-2013, 01:01 PM
If that's not a slumpbuster, I don't know what is.

My lunch is now on the floor

Previous to seeing that pic, my lunch was in my tummy:vincepalm:

Bulls on Parade
11-24-2013, 01:02 PM
or we win out and have a small chance at the 6 seed :whip:
Oh boy, we better buckle up for this one.
If we lose today we are officially the worst team.

MEGA SWATT
11-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Oh boy, we better buckle up for this one.
If we lose today we are officially the worst team.

"Floater" Bowl take 1:turtle:

Pollardized
11-24-2013, 01:03 PM
LMAO @ Kubiaverage.... 61-61 record

Bulls on Parade
11-24-2013, 01:04 PM
That's a nice start! Earl Mitchell's first good play in 15 or so games.

CretorFrigg
11-24-2013, 01:05 PM
We still can't stop the screen.

dtran04
11-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Same ol story.

Screens and pick plays.

Bulls on Parade
11-24-2013, 01:07 PM
We still can't stop the screen.
Maurice-Jones Drew is still cool as a cucumber. Some so-called NFL experts said he was done. He has plenty left in the tank. It's amazing how bad our linebackers are. And yet we trot a 3-4 out there like we're deep at the position.

CretorFrigg
Harris sucks, and our defense makes Henne look like a HOF QB.

TexansSeminole
Gotta love those beat the man coverage routes. They work every time.

MEGA SWATT
Just got shanked on d

Naiirb
11-24-2013, 01:08 PM
"Number 1 defense" getting lit up by the Jaguars :wadepalm:

Honoring Earl 34
11-24-2013, 01:08 PM
I hope Henne brought the family to watch this game . :kitten:

buffalo2269
11-24-2013, 01:09 PM
Wow about to be scored on

mussop
11-24-2013, 01:10 PM
I cannot wait for this season to be over.

Bulls on Parade
Jaguars are roaring my friends.

Maurice Jones-Drew just got a TD for my fantasy team.

:vincepalm:

JB
That was easy

hot pickle
commentators annoying me already lol

CloakNNNdagger
11-24-2013, 01:11 PM
My kingdom for the "Fat man in the middle".................

DexmanC
This is the WORST #1 Ranked Defense I have EVER seen!

TexanSam
I cannot wait for this season to be over.

QFT

CretorFrigg
My kingdom for the "Fat man in the middle".................

We'll get a good one. We deserve a top 5 draft pick.

CloakNNNdagger
commentators annoying me already lol

The Texans D so far should be annoying you more..........

buffalo2269
11-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Not sure, if we lose to Jacksonville are we officially in last place?

Bulls on Parade
11-24-2013, 01:13 PM
This is the WORST #1 Ranked Defense I have EVER seen!
The middle of the field is WIDE OPEN like it's a ghost town. Quick screens, slant routes, even runs right up the gut will dominate us all game long. Our inside linebackers and safeties are garbage. We can't run a proper 3-4 defense when we only have one decent linebacker in Whitney Mercilus on the outside. Even Brooks Reed looks bad.

Big Lou
Not that it even matters but they pretty much tackled Watt on that TD, but who really cares.......

djohn2oo8
This is where I want Bob to decide to fire Wade too.

MEGA SWATT

Fantasy schmantasy:texanbill:

CloakNNNdagger
Not sure, if we lose to Jacksonville are we officially in last place?

YES!

htowntexans1985
Mjd looks dumb as hell with that do and that stache.

chicagotexan2

Like an old returning soup at a delicatessen.

redwhiteANDblue
11-24-2013, 01:14 PM
#1 defense??? are you kidding? This is exactly why you should never believe the stats

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
I cringe every time one of these announcers mentions our "#1 ranked defense."

Big Lou
The middle of the field is WIDE OPEN like it's a ghost town. Quick screens, slant routes, even runs right up the gut will dominate us all game long. Our inside linebackers and safeties are garbage. We can't run a proper 3-4 defense when we only have one decent linebacker in Whitney Mercilus on the outside. Even Brooks Reed looks bad.

Well. McCain is the 2nd best CB playing today, which is just sad.

Oh and 82 starts us at the 19 shocker!

Bulls on Parade
Jags just handed us 15 free yards.

Will the Texans even take advantage?

Big Lou
11-24-2013, 01:15 PM
Jags just handed us 15 free yards.

Will the Texans even take advantage?

Biggest play of the day. The play was blown up anyway.

Austrian
11-24-2013, 01:15 PM
Blatant foul there.

MEGA SWATT
11-24-2013, 01:16 PM
I cringe every time one of these announcers mentions our "#1 ranked defense."

It's better to suck as num one than to suck as num two:turtle:

TexansSeminole
11-24-2013, 01:17 PM
Another 15 or so yard sack. Definitely a lane to step up into.

Bulls on Parade
We have zero running game with Ben Tate's wishy-washy ribs. Keenum has taken sacks for losses of 17 yards and 20 yards this season.

htowntexans1985
Yes case is the answer.

JB
and 3 pro bowlers on that vaunted ol? lol

Thorn
11-24-2013, 01:18 PM
This is going well so far.

Topher
Ssdd.

Bulls on Parade
Another 15 or so yard sack.
Keenum can't handle a blitz. He's horrible at it.

Why don't teams just bring the house on the guy?

Maybe Matt Schaub will play today. Ugh...

chicagotexan2
Get rid of the ffu@@@@@ ball

MEGA SWATT
Show boating jag d with only one win? Embarrassing

Big Lou
There's the patented 37 yard sack....

TexanSam
11-24-2013, 01:19 PM
Keenum has played alright since being named the starter, but I don't think he's the answer.

PapaL
3rd & 8 to 4th & 28
Those 20 yard sacks are killer for field position and our questionable D.

burro
I'm watching a stream and the quality sucks; who on our oline did #90 blow up in pursuit of that sack? It looked like knocked the pants off of him.

TEXANRED
11-24-2013, 01:20 PM
and with the first pick in the 2014 draft the Houston Texans select......

chicagotexan2
Is the guy in the bud light Ramsey commercial Eric Winston?

Bulls on Parade
There's the patented 37 yard sack....
Any chance Gary Kubiak will resign as head coach?
I can't imagine this is good for his health.

htownfan32
Yes, Case, show off your wonderful mobility.

DexmanC
11-24-2013, 01:21 PM
Schaub had his "$hitty Throw of the Game."

Case has his "Fifteen-yard SACK of the Game"

PapaL
MJD has always been tough to bring down.

Big Lou
Wow this feels so 2002-2006ish. Painful to watch, being thrilled with 8 yard plays, on both sides of the ball no less.

CloakNNNdagger
I'm watching a stream and the quality sucks; who on our oline did #90 blow up in pursuit of that sack? It looked like knocked the pants off of him.

Brown, who left his pants on the ground.

mussop
Yes case is the answer.

But haven't you heard? Case ls good enough to ignore QB in the next draft until 3rd round or even wait till 2015 to get one. :gun:

chicagotexan2

This is an important pick for the new GM

Bulls on Parade
Oh look. Another Jaguars first down over the middle of the field.

PapaL
11-24-2013, 01:22 PM
Henne got lit up but delivered a 1st down

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Brandon Harris is just a slower version of McCain.

TexansSeminole
Jags game plan: run crossing routes and pick plays on the Texans slot receiver. Move the ball down field. Score. Celebrate.

Topher
I don't think I have enough bud for this crapfest.

Big Lou
11-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Keo the defensive MVP.......

DexmanC
Every team can beat a blitz....

....except the Texans.

PapaL
I'll be switching between this "game" and the RedZone channel. Hey I need to see SOME competent football this weekend.

MEGA SWATT

Breaking news: coach Gary Kubiak of the Houston Texans was just fired during the first quarter of today's game vs the jags"

htowntexans1985
11-24-2013, 01:24 PM
Honestly I would put schaub back in.

MEGA SWATT
11-24-2013, 01:25 PM
I don't think I have enough bud for this crapfest.

You should prepare for all "floater" Bowls with plenty of bud

PapaL

Wildcat and run run run doesnt sound bad hahaha

burro

So that he can fail to be beat a blitz in his own way? Granted, his way saves about 15 yards.

mussop
11-24-2013, 01:26 PM

At this pint it really doesn't make any difference.

chicagotexan2
11-24-2013, 01:27 PM

What's the point in that? Might as well see if keenum is not a crappy as schaub

PapaL
That's not defenseless?!?

Bulls on Parade
Matt Schaub is staying loose on the side line.
Ryan Griffin just got jacked up. Ouch!

DexmanC
11-24-2013, 01:28 PM
Those NFL coaches can shut down your BEST game, with just a handful of film.
If your growth as a player doesn't out pace an NFL coordinator's ability to scheme you, you will be finished. Hopkins started the season as a worldbeater, and now he can't get open. Same with Case.

Quite remarkable.

MEGA SWATT
Oh no, we suck again

chicagotexan2
This team can't run on Jacksonville?

htowntexans1985
11-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Wide open Andre. Case throws it to the sidelines.

Thorn
11-24-2013, 01:29 PM
* snore *

Bulls on Parade
11-24-2013, 01:30 PM
This team can't run on Jacksonville?
We have zero running game at the moment.

I doubt we could run on Alabama or any top collegiate program.

PapaL
Our play calling is sad. We can't create matchups and put our good players in positions to succeed.

CloakNNNdagger
Matt Schaub is staying loose on the side line.
Ryan Griffin just got jacked up. Ouch!

Getting ready for installing the fetal offense?

DexmanC
Case just missed Graham wide open in the middle of the field. Coordinators got him figured out.

I hate to say it, but signs are starting to point at "Draft a QB!"

MEGA SWATT
11-24-2013, 01:31 PM
* snore *

Wake up. You might miss the come back:turtle:

amazing80
11-24-2013, 01:32 PM
the shines wore off Case.....hope he figures it out

Bulls on Parade
11-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Our play calling is sad. We can't create matchups and put our good players in positions to succeed.
Maybe it will be better next season with a new head coach and offensive coordinator.

PapaL
11-24-2013, 01:33 PM
Maybe it will be better next season with a new head coach and offensive coordinator.

We can only hope.

chicagotexan2
11-24-2013, 01:34 PM
Getting ready for installing the fetal offense?

I've reconsidered. Put Schaub back in. I miss the pick six.

WolverineFan
11-24-2013, 01:34 PM

Teddy Bridgewater

PapaL
11-24-2013, 01:35 PM
Those Jaguar helmets are atrocious.

mussop
Did I just hear, well covered by Brice McCain?

mussop
Interference for sure

OzzO
11-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Does Sharpton just not wrap up? 2nd time this game I've noticed he just bumps into players hoping to knock them down vs taking them down

htownfan32
Comcast sucks.

In other news... we Bridgewater now.

Bulls on Parade
Kudos to our defense for getting away with two penalties there. I guess the referee is a Jags fan and wants them to get that first pick. LOL

Big Lou
How can we lose to a team with uniforms designed by the wardrobe designer from Any Given Sunday?????

TexansSeminole
Lol, that was PI on Harris. We are really terrible. Maybe the worst I have ever seen.

PapaL
Begging should be a 5 yard penalty. I hate seeing guys beg for a call after every play.

Big Lou
11-24-2013, 01:37 PM
Lol, that was PI on Harris. We are really terrible. Maybe the worst I have ever seen.

Harris's best coverage is when he gets there early, otherwise it's a TD.

amazing80
11-24-2013, 01:37 PM
worst football EVER.....im actually a little depressed watching them right now :gun:

sandmanx
11-24-2013, 01:38 PM
I just woke up...looks like I didn't miss anything.

PapaL
Before the Case crowd starts complaining, what if Gary is purposely calling bad plays so case looks bad and he can bring in Schaub?

Yeah...that's it!

MEGA SWATT
Wow. All the fans at reliant need to get up and leave at half time to go home

Big Lou
11-24-2013, 01:39 PM
I think I was only excited about the game out of habit, now that it's on I'm just bored, guess I'm wispy washy, but negative rushing yards has that affect on me.

htowntexans1985
I miss fosters cutbacks.

JB
Tate seems to excell at running into his offensive lineman

Topher
Booooooooo.

MEGA SWATT
Before the Case crowd starts complaining, what if Gary is purposely calling bad plays so case looks bad and he can bring in Schaub?

Yeah...that's it!

No, case is purposely sucking to improve draft position

Bulls on Parade
11-24-2013, 01:40 PM
worst football EVER.....im actually a little depressed watching them right now :gun:
As much as I want Jadeveon Clowney or Anthony Barr, even C.J. Mosley or Jake Matthews, we may not have a choice. We need a quarterback desperately. But with so many needs we could just as easily trade down and demand a King's Ransom, especially if we pick in the top three and potentially number one overall.

Thorn
* still snoring *

someone wake me up if anything worthwhile happens

Big Lou
I miss fosters cutbacks.

I miss winning....

WolverineFan
4 yards on 12 plays in the 1st quarter against the freakin' Jags.

DexmanC
11-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Keenum can't BUY a first down today, let alone a touchdown.

This is ATROCIOUS!

Big Lou
We need more Jacksonville penalties so we can get a first down.

Honoring Earl 34
I think Gary was wrong about the team not having quit . :gun:

amazing80
As much as I want Jadeveon Clowney or Anthony Barr, even C.J. Mosley or Jake Matthews, we may not have a choice. We need a quarterback desperately. But with so many needs we could just as easily trade down and demand a King's Ransom, especially if we pick in the top three and potentially number one overall.

i agree i just dont think bridgewater is that good

Big Lou
11-24-2013, 01:42 PM
Houston=Jacksonville West.

chicagotexan2
11-24-2013, 01:43 PM
We have 4 total yards after one quarter!!!!!

Big Lou
11-24-2013, 01:43 PM
Think we could get the Browns to move to Houston? It worked for Baltimore.

JB
11-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Who is that #59 and where has he been all year?

Big Lou
You know an opponent sucks, and that we suck when Mercillus is the star of the game.

WolverineFan

What makes you say that?

He's the best QB in the draft this year. He's not Luck or Manning, but he's worlds better than Schaub and Keenum.

mussop

One or more of the QB's in this draft will rise up and be worthy of our pick.

djohn2oo8
Who is that #59 and where has he been all year?

Deciding to have his only breakout game of the year

gafftop
Put DJ in. Tate has always reminded me of a bull in the china closet. Lot of juking but still doesn't see anything. Not a fit for this system. Should have traded when we could have got something. Another great move by our brain trust.

Bulls on Parade
The Jaguars playcalling is just as conservative as ours.

Big Lou
11-24-2013, 01:45 PM
Our season is as ugly as the Jags helmets.

htownfan32
11-24-2013, 01:45 PM
Martin running into his own man just... the perfect image for the season.

RTP2110
11-24-2013, 01:46 PM
Those NFL coaches can shut down your BEST game, with just a handful of film.
If your growth as a player doesn't out pace an NFL coordinator's ability to scheme you, you will be finished. Hopkins started the season as a worldbeater, and now he can't get open. Same with Case.

Quite remarkable.

And it's our coaches jobs to counter this, which just isn't happening. With Keenum, it seems like the more coaching he's received, the worse he's played. Could these coaches actually be stunting our players' growth? Case, Hopkins, Mercilus, Reed, Harris, young o-lineman.....where is the progress?
Our stars are players who are just naturally stars. Watt, Foster, Andre, Cushing. Where is even one player on this team that is a solid player as a result of this coaching staff?

Big Lou
Harris's best play of his career.

htownfan32
Keenum is turning into the checkdown king lol
Remember that one Matt Lienart drive?

Big Lou
Waiting for them to call block in the back on Martin.

mussop
Am I the lonely one that laughed out loud when Martin ran into his own teammate ???

JB
11-24-2013, 01:48 PM
geez

TexansSeminole
Am I the lonely one that laughed out loud when Martin ran into his own teammate ???

No, I did too.

gafftop
Kubiak change offense with Case in now. Game plan so far sucks. I think it is plain to see that both players and coaching sucks on offense.

Big Lou
I feel horrible for Andre. Earl Campbell 2.0.

mussop
11-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Yep Keenam is definitely a better option than Manzel or Bridgewater.

dtran04
Case is way to antsy in the pocket. Created the pressure on that last play. The lineman just have no idea of where he's gonna end up.

htownfan32
I'm starting to get real sick of Keenum now. That shine wore off damn fast.

Naiirb

I agree. If we have to endure a season like this i wish it could of happened next year when Jameis Winston becomes draft eligible. Oh well :kitten:

Thorn
11-24-2013, 01:50 PM
Yep Keenam is definitely a better option than Manzel or Bridgewater.

If Keenum (or insert your fav QB here) had anything resembling an O-line he'd be much better.

mussop
No, I did too.

What has this team done to us? :gun:

WolverineFan
And it's our coaches jobs to counter this, which just isn't happening. With Keenum, it seems like the more coaching he's received, the worse he's played. Could these coaches actually be stunting our players' growth? Case, Hopkins, Mercilus, Reed, Harris, young o-lineman.....where is the progress?
Our stars are players who are just naturally stars. Watt, Foster, Andre, Cushing. Where is even one player on this team that is a solid player as a result of this coaching staff?

That's a great point. Look at a team like the Ravens or Saints and look at how much better their players get every year.

Then look at the Texans and look at how almost every single top pick doesn't improve one bit during his time here.

Honoring Earl 34
I think Case lost his Mojo or it was taken but it's not there .

EllisUnit
I feel horrible for Andre. Earl Campbell 2.0.

Most of us hate our jobs and arent paid near as good as him, he's gonna be fine !

htowntexans1985
11-24-2013, 01:51 PM
1st pick

JB
can't run and can't stop the run

MEGA SWATT
Warming up the lawn mower to do the last mow of the year:whip::spit:

mussop
I agree. If we have to endure a season like this i wish it could of happened next year when Jameis Winston becomes draft eligible. Oh well :kitten:

He might be in jail next year.

Big Lou
NFL.com is showing Keenums throw away as a highlight. JK

I'm thinking about watching one of the local TV Stations in Vegas that show High School Football. I'm thinking about watching the JV Team as it would be more exciting with bigger plays than this Anti-Super Bowl.

Big Lou
11-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Warming up the lawn mower to do the last mow of the year:whip::spit:

Tell me more, that's more interesting than this game.

WolverineFan
LOL at Joe Mays covering their best TE man-to-man.

Will someone please bring Wade back to the 21st century.

TheMatrix31
Maybe Texans fans will learn not to anoint.

EllisUnit
One thing i love is how other teams adjust on offense and make us pay for the blitz, wish we could do that.

Lurvinator11
I still think we take a RT in the first round.

You can put Manning behind this line, and he will look just as good as Keenum. We need to fix the line before we take a QB.

burro
I wouldn't go so far as to compare Keenum to Carr, but does the play calling remind anybody else of 2006? Checkdown's galore...the result of building a gameplan around the assumption that your QB will be running for his life. Not good.

welsh texan
11-24-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm starting to get real sick of Keenum now. That shine wore off damn fast.

Lets all go round to his house and burn his jersey on the lawn!!

htownfan32
Fire http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Gary-Oldman-Yelling-Everyone-Leon-The-Professional.gif

mussop
LOL at Joe Mays covering their best TE man-to-man.

Will someone please bring Wade back to the 21st century.

I wish we could just get a new group of coaches right now.

htowntexans1985
Bench watt for the rest of the season.

htownfan32
11-24-2013, 01:54 PM
Lets all go round to his house and burn his jersey on the lawn!!

LOL.
I'm not that type of fan, but I'm just sick of not winning. It's less bad when the Aggies win on Saturday, but right now my teams are looking to go 0/2

TheMatrix31

You can put Manning behind this line, and he will look just as good as Keenum. We need to fix the line before we take a QB.

Hey! Common sense!

Spend every single pick on offensive line and linebackers. If we have a top 3 or 4 pick, try to trade down and accumulate picks and use THOSE on offensive line and linebackers too.

Bulls on Parade
Randy Bullock may want to take some notes.

Josh Scobee is one of the best kickers in the league.

He's missed only one FG this year and that was a 60-yarder.

MEGA SWATT
11-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Tell me more, that's more interesting than this game.

Only if you rep:brando:

TexanSam
11-24-2013, 01:56 PM

You can get a good RT in the 2nd or 3rd. I'd rather draft a QB or another pass rusher.

Bulls on Parade
Only if you rep:brando:
I repped you right now. Texans are losing 10-0. I may as well start drinking again. I've been sober for a few years but the Texans are making me have that itch again.

mussop
Hey! Common sense!

Spend every single pick on offensive line and linebackers. If we have a top 3 or 4 pick, try to trade down and accumulate picks and use THOSE on offensive line and linebackers too.

Yep and spend the next 5 years with a mediocre QB leading a mediocre team that gets whipped against the top QB/teams game after game.

PapaL
11-24-2013, 01:57 PM
I'm getting some laundry done. This is a win/win situation for me.

Big Lou
I wish we could just get a new group of coaches right now.

Yeah Kubiak should just leave the stadium now. Embarrassing would be an upgrade from where we are at.

welsh texan
LOL.
I'm not that type of fan, but I'm just sick of not winning. It's less bad when the Aggies win on Saturday, but right now my teams are looking to go 0/2

Tell me about it, my soccer team is in a relegation battle and lost yesterday again. Some years sports is such a drag.

amazing80
can we get a first down this drive?

WolverineFan
11-24-2013, 01:58 PM
You can get a good RT in the 2nd or 3rd. I'd rather draft a QB or another pass rusher.

This. If we're drafting #1 then take Bridgewater. If we're 2-4 then take Barr or Clowney because Bridgewater will be gone.

Big Lou
11-24-2013, 01:58 PM
TJ Time!

Big Lou
11-24-2013, 01:59 PM

Only if Jacksonville commits a penalty.

htownfan32
11-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Was Hopkins open deep down the middle there?

Big Lou
I love how Bose shows the Pats scoring on the Texans on their commercial. Salt in the wound that is 2013.

MEGA SWATT
Ok big Lou I'm gonna mow a little lower than usual say a two inch cut. Edging with the hog and weed eater around the house:vincepalm:

htowntexans1985
Case you mother ******!!! You are trying to get our wrs killed.

TexansSeminole
Hey, let's get our HOF receiver injured. Same thing that happened to Griffin earlier.

htownfan32
11-24-2013, 02:01 PM
hahaha put in TJ already

TheMatrix31
Yep and spend the next 5 years with a mediocre QB leading a mediocre team that gets whipped against the top QB/teams game after game.

Better than having a supposed star QB get destroyed behind a horrible offensive line.

Mr. Texan
hmmm, starting to think schaub my actually be a better qb than keenum

htowntexans1985
Funny how the crowd doesnt boo keenum.

amazing80
my gawd no one can get separation out there :vincepalm:

Brandon420tx
11-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Is it me or are our Tight Ends really slow?

IlliniJen
hmmm, starting to think schaub my actually be a better qb than keenum

Because Schaub is going to improve this sorry ass OL?

Wolf
Geeze the O line sucks

Big Lou

And there's the answer.

Bulls on Parade
Okay guys. I'm 100 % sold Case Keenum is not the answer. What now? Do we just let him play these last five games after today? Do we allow Schaub to play again? Yates is horrible but does he get another go? We will have to draft not one but maybe two QBs. Sort of like the Redskins did when they selected Robert Griffin III and Kirk Cousins a few years ago.

Thorn
We suck

CretorFrigg
We suck, and this game is boring. Why am I watching?

DexmanC
The OL ain't helpin' Keenum up the middle.

Mr. Texan
11-24-2013, 02:03 PM
Because Schaub is going to improve this sorry ass OL?

he's done better than this with the same sorry o-line

EllisUnit
Fans are so funny...........

Big Lou
hahaha put in TJ already

I'd put OD in at QB at this point if he weren't hurt.

Showtime100
Wow. I'm 50 freaking years old. Will I EVER see a trophy?

TejasTom
The OL ain't helpin' Keenum up the middle.

The receivers aren't helping either