View Full Version : Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Pages : [1] 2

htowntexans1985
11-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Nick Mathews @Nick_Mathews
#Texans ' Ben Tate: "These fans here in
Houston are so up and down and so
wishy-washy. I'm just shocked at that

Someone get this bum on a train back to auburn. Slow and fat. With his little choppy steps trying to juke people. He will never be as good as Arian. Arian would have took that last past to the end zone. He hates Houston. You can tell by his comments on his Twitter account in the past.

Speedy
11-17-2013, 07:35 PM
Why? He's 100% correct.

SchaubApologist
11-17-2013, 07:35 PM
Someone get this bum on a train back to auburn. Slow and fat. With his little choppy steps trying to juke people. He will never be as good as Arian. Arian would have took that last past to the end zone. He hates Houston. You can tell by his comments on his Twitter account in the past.

you can't take anything these texans say seriously.

this is not the first time they have lashed out on the fans.

just like their coach, they always look for excuses. a bunch of losers, and a major rebuild is needed.

SchaubApologist
11-17-2013, 07:36 PM
Why? He's 100% correct.

huh?

the texans talked about the superbowl preseason.

we are 2-8, with embarrassing home losses to the raiders and rams.

wtf are you watching?

CretorFrigg
11-17-2013, 07:40 PM
Why? He's 100% correct.

We have every right to be pissed. We went from a team with Super Bowl aspirations to this joke of a team that's on an 8 game losing streak.

The fans who paid good money for those seats should boo to their heart's content at this failure of a season.

Uncle Rico
11-17-2013, 07:40 PM

Whoa slow down. I've always thought that interviewing these guys after tough losses is a bad idea. What bothers you the most, that its true? He'll get paid nicely to go run the ball somewhere else so him being a Texan wont be a big deal next year, but dont get it twisted, he's a good RB when fully healthy.

Houston is such a snakebit city that it cant help but produce cynical and quick on the trigger fans. Boo's that may or may not be directed to injured players. Boo's during their own teams last drive. having to go to a silent snap because your fanbase is pissed off is crazy. i dont blame Tate for his comments.

EllisUnit
11-17-2013, 07:42 PM
Why? He's 100% correct.

Pretty sure that is pretty much any fan base, hell we are better than other cities. Not many would of put up with Kubikas crap as long as we have.

Fans love you when you are winning, hate you when you are losing.

htowntexans1985
11-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Whoa slow down. I've always thought that interviewing these guys after tough losses is a bad idea. What bothers you the most, that its true? He'll get paid nicely to go run the ball somewhere else so him being a Texan wont be a big deal next year, but dont get it twisted, he's a good RB when fully healthy.

Houston is such a snakebit city that it cant help but produce cynical and quick on the trigger fans. Boo's that may or may not be directed to injured players. Boo's during their own teams last drive. having to go to a silent snap because your fanbase is pissed off is crazy. i dont blame Tate for his comments.

By good running back do you mean 0 touchdowns since he's been leading the backfield? If so, he's one hell of a running back. LOL. He hasn't shown me anything that he can be a #1 back.

Uncle Rico
11-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Pretty sure that is pretty much any fan base, hell we are better than other cities. Not many would of put up with Kubikas crap as long as we have.

Fans love you when you are winning, hate you when you are losing.

Simple.As.That.

Norg
11-17-2013, 07:44 PM
ill admit it I got loud only on 3rd downs really its not like I went hardcore or anything tho we were 2-7 at the time I didn't really Give a **** LOL Iam in Chill mode now when im at the stadium LOL

I don't know what Ben is talking about if the team needs fan support to win games then man we really got a bad team

ATXtexanfan

Dude sounds like you had a 12 pack of haterade. By the way you give arian to much credit.

Naiirb
8 game losing streak and 2nd half failures where we have scored 2 TD's on like 45 possession or something? What does he expect. Do that in any other city with deep playoff hopes coming into the season and see what type of reaction you get there.

Oh and good job fumbling the ball on that last offensive drive Tate. Lucky the ball bounced straight up and right back into you.

Uncle Rico
11-17-2013, 07:47 PM
By good running back do you mean 0 touchdowns since he's been leading the backfield? If so, he's one hell of a running back. LOL. He hasn't shown me anything that he can be a #1 back.

His YPA should tell you he's a good running back. pass catching ability out of the backfield, needs to improve pass pro. If a pathetic offensive line as an excuse is acceptable to use to defend Keenum, then I'll pull that card right now too.

4.broken.ribs. nuff said.

SchaubApologist
11-17-2013, 07:49 PM
His YPA should tell you he's a good running back. pass catching ability out of the backfield, needs to improve pass pro. If a pathetic offensive line as an excuse is acceptable to use to defend Keenum, then I'll pull that card right now too.

4.broken.ribs. nuff said.

so 4 cracked ribs gives him the right to say some dumb a** crap?

get. real.

Big Lou
Wishy washy, why, because we don't like watching a 2 and 8 team. I hope you enjoy Cleveland douche bag........ Props for playing with busted ribs, but in reality he's playing for a contract not Houston.

I don't understand why we are wishy washy when we don't want Schaub playing.

What the hell is he talking about does anyone know for real.

Texan_Bill
Why? He's 100% correct.

BULLSHYTE!!!!!!

As a member of Blue Crew and a member of the BULL PEN, we're loud, we cheer, we're quiet when need be.

Maybe Ben Tate and the rest of the Texans team need to check themselves!

TheMatrix31
11-17-2013, 07:50 PM
We are. We're a fickle, worthless, undeserving, somehow-spoiled, garbage, unintelligent fanbase.

Vance87
Tate knows all about wishy washy, he's coached by Gary Kubiak.

Texan_Bill
Wishy washy, why, because we don't like watching a 2 and 8 team. I hope you enjoy Cleveland douche bag........ Props for playing with busted ribs, but in reality he's playing for a contract not Houston.

I don't understand why we are wishy washy when we don't want Schaub playing.

What the hell is he talking about does anyone know for real.

The bolded says it all! :gun:

fiasco west
11-17-2013, 07:51 PM
Well The Texans are a 'wishy-washy' team.

Mr. Texan
11-17-2013, 07:52 PM
boo-hoo a guy who gets paid a ton of money complaining when the hard-working people of houston spend money on overpriced seats, parking, food/drinks, and merchandise to see a quality product the field.

don't cry to me about his broken ribs either. i'd play with broken ribs if i got paid as much as him.

Uncle Rico
11-17-2013, 07:52 PM
so 4 cracked ribs gives him the right to say some dumb a** crap?

get. real.

wait, what?

no you're twisiting my comment. 4 broken ribs should let you know dude is tough as nails and is giving it all he has out there. If the fans would have a shred of football IQ instead of blind rage then they shut the hell up when the home team has the ball late in a game. going to a silent snap because your fans are either uneducated or just too mad to give a damn is the real dumb crap.

dalemurphy
11-17-2013, 07:53 PM

He is playing with three broken ribs... I hate fans that think they are entitled to be ignorant, judgmental, and oblivious to truth.

Honoring Earl 34
11-17-2013, 07:54 PM
BULLSHYTE!!!!!!

As a member of Blue Crew and a member of the BULL PEN, we're loud, we cheer, we're quiet when need be.

Maybe Ben Tate and the rest of the Texans team need to check themselves!

Y'all have invested a bunch of time and money through the years , so seeing this train wreck can't be pleasant . Tates from the SEC , he knows what fanatics are . :nolisten:

Uncle Rico
11-17-2013, 07:54 PM
boo-hoo a guy who gets paid a ton of money complaining when the hard-working people of houston spend money on overpriced seats, parking, food/drinks, and merchandise to see a quality product the field.

don't cry to me about his broken ribs either. i'd play with broken ribs if i got paid as much as him.

what does that have to do with anything? you're just fueling that houston sportsfan stereotype. nobody is forcing you to spend all that money at a football game, if you cant afford it then dont go and then complain later. football games arent for everyone and i know what to expect when i go there. give me a break about all these fans who boo hoo about pricing and that somehow the players are the ones that are responsible.

Mr. Texan
11-17-2013, 07:56 PM
what does that have to do with anything? you're just fueling that houston sportsfan stereotype. nobody is forcing you to spend all that money at a football game, if you cant afford it then dont go and then complain later. football games arent for everyone and i know what to expect when i go there. give me a break about all these fans who boo hoo about pricing and that somehow the players are the ones that are responsible.

and nobody is forcing him to play.

THEY SUCK. and when you suck the fans are not going to be happy.

crying about the fans when the team on the field sucks is bitchmade.

SchaubApologist
11-17-2013, 07:57 PM
wait, what?

no you're twisiting my comment. 4 broken ribs should let you know dude is tough as nails and is giving it all he has out there. If the fans would have a shred of football IQ instead of blind rage then they shut the hell up when the home team has the ball late in a game. going to a silent snap because your fans are either uneducated or just too mad to give a damn is the real dumb crap.

late in the game? schaub entered the game with 2 minutes to go in the 3rd.

we can agree that publicly calling fans out (especially at 2-8) is never a good idea. especially for an injury prone, fringe rb.

dalemurphy
11-17-2013, 07:58 PM

Then do it! Easy to say it... If you are a superior man,why don't you go prove it and get rich while you are at it.

Fan jealousy defies logic. He has earned his money. Entitlement did not get him a job in the NFL... God-given talent, commitment, and physical sacrifice did... If you think you only lack the talent, that is an issue to take up with God... It has nothing to do with Ben Tate!

Mr. Texan
11-17-2013, 07:59 PM
Then do it! Easy to say it... If you are a superior man,why don't you go prove it and get rich while you are at it.

give me a uniform and i will. :)

i might get -4 ypc and 3-4 fumbles a game but i'd still be playing :cow:

Uncle Rico
11-17-2013, 08:01 PM
late in the game? schaub entered the game with 2 minutes to go in the 3rd.

we can agree that publicly calling fans out (especially at 2-8) is never a good idea. especially for an injury prone, fringe rb.

if i'm not mistaken Tates anger stemmed from the fact that on the last drive the offense had to go to a silent snap count due to the fans just pissed off and going ape****. then the media wants to shove a mic in his face right after the game and expect him to be happy go lucky and walk the company line? I respect him for speaking his mind and not patronizing and smiling in everyones face after an emotional loss.

Uncle Rico
11-17-2013, 08:05 PM
and nobody is forcing him to play.

THEY SUCK. and when you suck the fans are not going to be happy.

crying about the fans when the team on the field sucks is bitchmade.

Again, what does that mean "nobody is forcing him to play" ?? You're only reinforcing my argument.

Ok, I agree fans arent happy when you lose, this isnt new light here.

Crying and stating the facts are separate things, the game went down to the very last play, do you feel its high football IQ by the fans to not allow the home offensive team the advantage by being quiet and allowing their guys to get all the calls they need and go balls out ignorant when the opponent is in that situation. Whats so hard to understand in that scenario?

dalemurphy
11-17-2013, 08:11 PM
give me a uniform and i will. :)

i might get -4 ypc and 3-4 fumbles a game but i'd still be playing :cow:

See- "give me..." No. It doesn't work like that. Go earn it like Ben Tate has done!

toronto
11-17-2013, 08:11 PM
team's on a 8 game losing streak and was a possible SB contender pre-season. They supposed to just relax and STFU? Serious?

and i'm not a texan fan...

Mr. Texan
11-17-2013, 08:13 PM
Again, what does that mean "nobody is forcing him to play" ?? You're only reinforcing my argument.

Ok, I agree fans arent happy when you lose, this isnt new light here.

Crying and stating the facts are separate things, the game went down to the very last play, do you feel its high football IQ by the fans to not allow the home offensive team the advantage by being quiet and allowing their guys to get all the calls they need and go balls out ignorant when the opponent is in that situation. Whats so hard to understand in that scenario?

the fans were frustrated with the decision to bench keenum over schaub and that's what caused the booing. the crowd would rather lose with keenum than win with schaub and that's what caused the chaos.

crying about it and attacking the fans is bitchmade.

tate has been here since 2010.

he doesn't know what texans fans have had to put up with.

he should have just shut his mouth and kept it moving. especially for someone that's not going to be here in the future anyways,

Mr. Texan
See- "give me..." No. It doesn't work like that. Go earn it like Ben Tate has done!

and i've earned my right to speak up as a texans fan!

deucetx
Yeah...honestly I don't care. I have no issue with fans boo'ing. Every fanbase has it that has a team with some real expectations unlike the Jaguars or something. It's especially the case when you have been over a decade of this type of roller coaster play from your team. More so if you use to be an Oilers fan. So yeah....kind of got to expect it and it happens with every fanbase. Winning solves these issues but obviously we're not doing that. Granted it's even worse because we're losing to piss poor teams. Sad that I wouldn't be shocked if the Jags pulled one out on us.

Surreal McCoy
11-17-2013, 08:16 PM

Yet another player to call out Houston's ridiculously fair weather fans. Add Foster and Watt (amongst others) and pretty soon no one will want to play here. Rightfully so.

Txn_in_Oki
11-17-2013, 08:19 PM
So hilarious to see fans get ramped up when a player has an opinion. "You can't say that about me!!! I spent money on a ticket!!! *RAGE FACE*" Fans can't act like a-holes just because they paid money to watch a game. I mean, they can, but don't get all butt hurt when a player has something to say about it.

And yes... Houston fans are bitchy and whiny and always have been. Show up late, go home early... it is that way and always will be that way.

I understand the frustration, the team is an absolute joke right now. Gary pulling Keenum should just be another strike against him

eriadoc
11-17-2013, 08:21 PM
As SA said above, this isn't the first time the players have lashed out at the fans. Whenever something goes wrong, they look at the fans, like we have any impact upon what happens on the field.

Contrast that with Andy Reid consistently saying good things about Philly fans (PHILLY!) even when they were booing him. Where do we get guys with that kind of character?

nut
11-17-2013, 08:30 PM
It is common for players on crappy teams to complain about the fans lashing out at the teams' poor play. I am sure it becomes an "us against them" for players without the mental wherewithal to understand the relationship that exists.

SchaubApologist
11-17-2013, 08:32 PM
if i'm not mistaken Tates anger stemmed from the fact that on the last drive the offense had to go to a silent snap count due to the fans just pissed off and going ape****. then the media wants to shove a mic in his face right after the game and expect him to be happy go lucky and walk the company line? I respect him for speaking his mind and not patronizing and smiling in everyones face after an emotional loss.

haha, um the fans that were there were cheering on the texans.

this team... they are easy to root against because they are so unlikable (not all, but most)

EllisUnit
11-17-2013, 08:33 PM
It is common for players on crappy teams to complain about the fans lashing out at the teams' poor play. I am sure it becomes an "us against them" for players without the mental wherewithal to understand the relationship that exists.

Its almost like any job, if you perform crappy your boss is going to not approve and eventually replace you. I wish i was one of Mcnairs employees it would be really hard to get fired.... Show up late, perform half ass, make un logical choices.

Thorn
11-17-2013, 08:37 PM
meh.....so I'm wishy washy. I'm happy when we win and pissed when we lose. So what?

thunderkyss
11-17-2013, 08:43 PM
Whoa slow down. I've always thought that interviewing these guys after tough losses is a bad idea. What bothers you the most, that its true?

The truth would have been, "We just lost our 8th game in a row, how do you expect them to react? I'm just happy they haven't given up on us. Still coming to the games, supporting us... we wouldn't be able to do what we do if it weren't for the fans."

Jackie Chiles
11-17-2013, 08:44 PM
Yet another player to call out Houston's ridiculously fair weather fans. Add Foster and Watt (amongst others) and pretty soon no one will want to play here. Rightfully so.

Maybe but what is the upside for the player here? Sport psychology 101, control what you can control and don't let the rest affect you. The fans boo you, so what? The fans are fair weather, so what? Its just noise, when you start making comments about it in the media it makes it look like it has an impact on you mentally which is just lame. It should be the last thing on their minds.

Surreal McCoy
11-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Maybe but what is the upside for the player here? Sport psychology 101, control what you can control and don't let the rest affect you. The fans boo you, so what? The fans are fair weather, so what? Its just noise, when you start making comments about it in the media it makes it look like it has an impact on you mentally which is just lame. It should be the last thing on their minds.

His, and others, reactions are because of the acuteness of the affliction. A point where they're unfortunately correct.

Uncle Rico
11-17-2013, 08:52 PM
The truth would have been, "We just lost our 8th game in a row, how do you expect them to react? I'm just happy they haven't given up on us. Still coming to the games, supporting us... we wouldn't be able to do what we do if it weren't for the fans."

so you appreciate a player who toes the company line, and tells you what you want to hear even if it isnt a sincere feeling? Got it.

Jackie Chiles
11-17-2013, 09:15 PM
His, and others, reactions are because of the acuteness of the affliction. A point where they're unfortunately correct.

I suppose I will just have to take your word on it then.

Hervoyel
11-17-2013, 09:18 PM
Why? He's 100% correct.

He is not 100% right. Texans fans have been patient and waited years for this team to get their act together. Instead of coming together and becoming a stronger team they're the ones who are wishy-washy. That article on the Onion's website where they made fun of the Texans saying that they'd like to win one for Kubiak but just weren't capable of doing it wasn't really a parody. It wasn't fiction. It was fact.

There are a handful of Texans players who are self-motivating and who draw their strength and focus from within. I think most of us know who they are. The rest are a reflection of what they've been taught by Kubiak, Dennison, Phillips, and Marciano. They're the ones with a problem. Not the fans.

For years people have pointed out how nobody ever really comes to the Houston Texans and keeps getting better. At best a great player comes here and doesn't lose his greatness but most guys come here and just kind of flatline after a yaer or so. They walk in the door full of potential and with a bright future and three years later they're sitting there telling you that they don't know why they can't make plays when the team needs them to but they love Gary.

This team is going nowhere. It is broken and it has been for years. "Bad fans" saw it a long time ago and were told that they just had to give Gary time which is complete bull**** because in the time it's taken Gary to.... "oh wait, that ****er is still rebuilding" ...do whatever in the hell it is he's been doing coaches all over creation have been turning around franchises and making it happen in quick 1-3 year turnarounds. We're obviously on the 9 year plan here in Houston.

**** Ben Tate. That's the wishy-washy son of a ***** we thought was going to take over for Foster someday? I don't think so. Sure, I get that he's got cracked ribs and he's out there running the ball. I say the same thing to him that I said to Pastorini over 30 years ago. If you're too hurt to play then sit the hell down and stop being a liability to your team. If you can go then go and quit talking about your banged up ribs. Take a shot, cash your game check, and shut the **** up.

htowntexans1985
11-17-2013, 09:23 PM
He is not 100% right. Texans fans have been patient and waited years for this team to get their act together. Instead of coming together and becoming a stronger team they're the ones who are wishy-washy. That article on the Onion's website where they made fun of the Texans saying that they'd like to win one for Kubiak but just weren't capable of doing it wasn't really a parody. It wasn't fiction. It was fact.

There are a handful of Texans players who are self-motivating and who draw their strength and focus from within. I think most of us know who they are. The rest are a reflection of what they've been taught by Kubiak, Dennison, Phillips, and Marciano. They're the ones with a problem. Not the fans.

For years people have pointed out how nobody ever really comes to the Houston Texans and keeps getting better. At best a great player comes here and doesn't lose his greatness but most guys come here and just kind of flatline after a yaer or so. They walk in the door full of potential and with a bright future and three years later they're sitting there telling you that they don't know why they can't make plays when the team needs them to but they love Gary.

This team is going nowhere. It is broken and it has been for years. "Bad fans" saw it a long time ago and were told that they just had to give Gary time which is complete bull**** because in the time it's taken Gary to.... "oh wait, that ****er is still rebuilding" ...do whatever in the hell it is he's been doing coaches all over creation have been turning around franchises and making it happen in quick 1-3 year turnarounds. We're obviously on the 9 year plan here in Houston.

**** Ben Tate. That's the wishy-washy son of a ***** we thought was going to take over for Foster someday? I don't think so. Sure, I get that he's got cracked ribs and he's out there running the ball. I say the same thing to him that I said to Pastorini over 30 years ago. If you're too hurt to play then sit the hell down and stop being a liability to your team. If you can go then go and quit talking about your banged up ribs. Take a shot, cash your game check, and shut the **** up.

Someone buy this man a beer!!!

htowntexans1985
11-17-2013, 09:26 PM
Ben Tate @ BenTateRB

See me n say that RT @Jeremy_Garza18 :
@BenTateRB F*ck outta my city f*ck boy
with your wishy washy fumbling ass.

Lol!!! People are already giving the tater tot hell on Twitter.

toronto
11-17-2013, 09:26 PM

I hate it when I have a bad "team" day too.

PhilpW
11-17-2013, 09:27 PM
Hey Ben, it's 3rd and 1, why don't you fall down on the line of scrimmage.

thunderkyss
11-17-2013, 09:37 PM
so you appreciate a player who toes the company line, and tells you what you want to hear even if it isnt a sincere feeling? Got it.

Company line?

When they asked the coach if Jj was upset, he said, "Of course he's upset. He doesn't like to lose."

When they asked if Schaub was upset about being benched, "Of course he's upset, he's a competitor."

When they asked Jj Watt if he was upset, he said, "I don't like to lose. Fans don't want to hear words, they want to see results."

The company line would have been, "Everything is fine in Wonderland. We've got a strong locker room, no one in this locker room is panicking."

If they asked Ben Tate how he feels about the loss, I'd have expected him to say, "I hate it... I'm upset." If they follow up with what he thinks about the fans being upset, I expect him to tell the truth, not tote any company line, "They have every reason to be upset, I'm upset too."

MEGA SWATT
11-17-2013, 09:37 PM
He sounds like a guy with 9 toes out the door - Bye. We don't need you here. I could play your position and we would end up with a loss and it wouldn't cost the Texans as much.:ant:

texanhead08
11-17-2013, 09:48 PM
If they could win some games no one would have any reason to boo, but when you coach puts the person back in the game who many fans view as the single biggest reason your team has been losing of course people are going to be pissed off.

cstyle42
11-17-2013, 10:01 PM
We are. We're a fickle, worthless, undeserving, somehow-spoiled, garbage, unintelligent fanbase.

When has a houston pro football team been to a super bowl?

SchaubApologist
11-17-2013, 10:06 PM

we're spoiled?

texans are 2-8

astros - 3 years in a row as worst team in mlb.

please, please explain to me how we are spoiled.

undeserving?

houston has made the texans a top 5 profitable team in the nfl. not one game has been blacked out bc of attendance.

get a clue.

cstyle42
11-17-2013, 10:08 PM
At 2-8 he says this? Lol

dalemurphy
11-17-2013, 10:19 PM
and i've earned my right to speak up as a texans fan!

Earned? How? You have the right. There is no requirement to earn it. Who suggested you didn't have a right? I just think you have exercised your right in a way that makes you look like a two year old kid throwing a fit because his mom won't give him anymore candy.

By the way, does anyone see the irony that the most vocal critics of the team and the players are also the ones so outraged that Ben Tate exercised his right to speak his mind?

amazing80
11-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Earned? How? You have the right. There is no requirement to earn it. Who suggested you didn't have a right? I just think you have exercised your right in a way that makes you look like a two year old kid throwing a fit because his mom won't give him anymore candy.

By the way, does anyone see the irony that the most vocal critics of the team and the players are also the ones so outraged that Ben Tate exercised his right to speak his mind?

you mean the ones truly invested emotionally in this team and got upset a player spoke out about our freedom of speech? how dare us :kitten:

Mr. Texan
11-17-2013, 10:27 PM

I exercised my right in a way of someone who has been with houston pro football teams my entire life through the worst times only to have someone who has only been here 3-4 years complain about a fanbase who is fed up with a team that has lost 8 in a row and has never won **** :texflag:

dalemurphy
11-17-2013, 10:32 PM
you mean the ones truly invested emotionally in this team and got upset a player spoke out about our freedom of speech? how dare us :kitten:

What did Tate say about "freedom of speech"? He made a comment alluding to fans being fickle. Basically, he was upset with how his teammate and QB was treated. I'm missing any discussion of the Bill of Rights, and I see no hint that he believes fans shouldn't be free to express themselves. He just didn't like what they had to say... and I don't blame him.

hookinreds
11-17-2013, 10:32 PM
What a candy ass, the lot of them that have anything negative to say about the fans. Get your damn head out of the stands and play ball...your paid to play ball. When you win, we cheer, when you suck we boo...deal with it! There is a differenece between losing and ongoing suckitude. No freaking rainbows here. They are booing call to put Schaub in the game, and the play calling from that point forward, not you Tate. You have broken ribs and continue to play...that takes big sack to do that, but fair weather...that's laughable.

dalemurphy
11-17-2013, 10:34 PM
I exercised my right in a way of someone who has been with houston pro football teams my entire life through the worst times only to have someone who has only been here 3-4 years complain about a fanbase who is fed up with a team that has lost 8 in a row and has never won **** :texflag:

So, my 12 year old son has only been passionately following the Texans for about 4 years... does that mean he is less entitled to his thoughts/feelings about the Texans than you?

By the way, the idea that the Texans mean more to you than Ben Tate is either blatantly false or you have a serious crisis with your priorities.

amazing80
11-17-2013, 10:35 PM
What did Tate say about "freedom of speech"? He made a comment alluding to fans being fickle. Basically, he was upset with how his teammate and QB was treated. I'm missing any discussion of the Bill of Rights, and I see no hint that he believes fans shouldn't be free to express themselves. He just didn't like what they had to say... and I don't blame him.

he directly criticized our ability to boo when we choose to and insulted us.....thats the same thing as complaining about our ability to say or yell what we want, thus complaining about freedom of speech, its a pointless remark that gets him nothing but back lash.....he deserves the crap hes getting now

did you know 80 said something similar after the game, but not quite as stupid.....notice no one is saying anything about that....tate can not like it all he wants, but to insult us by saying were fickle and bandwagon fans is just ridiculous.

amazing80
11-17-2013, 10:37 PM
So, my 12 year old son has only been passionately following the Texans for about 4 years... does that mean he is less entitled to his thoughts/feelings about the Texans than you?

By the way, the idea that the Texans mean more to you than Ben Tate is either blatantly false or you have a serious crisis with your priorities.

no wonder people ignore you....

Lucky
11-17-2013, 10:37 PM
He is playing with three broken ribs... I hate fans that think they are entitled to be ignorant, judgmental, and oblivious to truth.
I hate players who complain about fans. Bust your ass, cash your checks, and STFU.
12 years of sellouts. 2 playoff appearances. Real fair weather fans.

MEGA SWATT
11-17-2013, 10:38 PM

Band Wagoner:cow:

I keed, I keed.

Mr. Texan
11-17-2013, 10:42 PM

when did i say the texans are more important to me than ben tate?

now you're just making up stuff.

he's been here a couple of years. he doesn't know what the fans went through before he came here.

he wasn't here when reliant was still selling out during 2-14 seasons.

to call fans "wishy-washy" when they've lost 8 in a row and are fed up with the coaching staff is not wise. nobody is giving out hand claps for the trash they put out on the field every single week,.

he should keep that **** to himself.

hookinreds
11-17-2013, 10:45 PM

Rediculous. Tate only cares about how he performs, where his check comes from and War Eagle. He protects whoever signs his paycheck and that's it.

thunderkyss
11-17-2013, 10:48 PM
he's been here a couple of years. he doesn't know what the fans went through before he came here.

he wasn't here when reliant was still selling out during 2-14 seasons.

To be fair, it's a new team every year. You can't be blaming this team for the 2-14 season & it's not fair to take out 8 years of frustration on this team.

This team has given you enough to be frustrated over anyway, so I don't think that really matters.

ArlingtonTexan
11-17-2013, 10:53 PM
Tate was actually correct, sort of like Ed Reed was like week. in both cases probably better not say anything (or use coded corporate language) than actually say the obvious about fans being fickle or the Texans management being outcoached.

thunderkyss
11-17-2013, 11:26 PM
Tate was actually correct, sort of like Ed Reed was like week. in both cases probably better not say anything (or use coded corporate language) than actually say the obvious about fans being fickle or the Texans management being outcoached.

You know, I was at the game today. Every seat wasn't full, but there were a lot of people there.

I was pouting, early, because we couldn't move the ball & those spectacular plays just weren't happening. We turned the ball over twice & allowed the Raiders to score 14 points with little resistance.

We kept going 3 & out against the Raiders defense (as bad as ours) & I wasn't enjoying myself.

But the people around me..... they were enjoying what they were watching. They were into the game, making noise on defense, applauding, screaming & shouting "FIRST DOWN!!" when they should. The kiss cam, the jump cam, the fan cam all went around & you could see people enjoying themselves all over the place.

When Bullock hit his field goal, they cheered. When Keyshawn had a good return, they cheered. When he returned one for a TD they went wild.

The reporters decided to focus on the bad & Ben took the bait. I'm sure Ben was just as upset as the rest of us when McCain gave up his first touchdown of the evening. & the second one. I'm sure he was upset when we couldn't pick up 3rd & 1... multiple times.

I'm sure he wasn't happy when he realized the losing streak extended to 8 games.

It's cool for you to say he was right, that the fans are fickle... but he should have said, "I'm upset too. I don't like losing."

If he was honest, he would have been booing too.

bhsman
11-17-2013, 11:38 PM
Fans boo at the game and some among our number have done some really dumb crap w/r/t Schaub this year, and the players respond in kind. We all need to step back and see that we're all frustrated rather than just fire back.

Tate also had some people harassing him directly on Twitter immediately post-game, so maybe he was venting about that as well.

TEXANRED
11-17-2013, 11:48 PM
Let's say you go to a game with just your wife or girlfriend, that's $200. Parking, $30. pregame food and drink, $50. food and drink during the game $75. Souvenirs $50. and 8 hours of my day. this is $355 per game plus my time and he thinks he has the right to complain about me? screw him. he makes $900,000 this year. it doesnt cost him a dime to watch this travesty of a season. in fact he will be gone after this year.

screw you ben tate. screw you and the horse your rode in on.

DocBar
11-17-2013, 11:53 PM
Teams win = RAH RAH RAH.
Teams suck= BOO BOO BOO

Elementary, my dear fan.

b0ng
11-18-2013, 01:37 AM
Most "Houston Sports Fans" are the worst sort of bandwagonning, self-entitled, embarrassments to the city we have going for us. I have personally been embarrassed multiple times just from hearing fans boo the offense when like the first two drives don't result in 8 points a piece due to the starting QB. Or fans going to players houses (It's happened more than once).

It seems like a lot of fans feel like we're entitled to some sort of juggernaut franchise because of how miserable football history has been in Houston. Sure, changes are wanted by the fan base, but holy crap at least cheer for them when they are on the field. I'm not saying you don't have a right to boo your team whenever you feel like it, but I wouldn't get all offended when players notice it and talk about it.

imatexan
11-18-2013, 01:39 AM
haha, um the fans that were there were cheering on the texans.

this team... they are easy to root against because they are so unlikable (not all, but most)

All unlikable?

Were you saying that about our players the past 2 years?

Didn't think so, kind of contributes to what Tate was discussing.

dalemurphy
11-18-2013, 01:41 AM
Rediculous. Tate only cares about how he performs, where his check comes from and War Eagle. He protects whoever signs his paycheck and that's it.

Hmm, so he only cares about the bottom line... Sounds like some fans I know who assert that winning championships are the only thing that they care about regarding their team.

SchaubApologist
11-18-2013, 01:41 AM
All unlikable?

Were you saying that about our players the past 2 years?

Didn't think so, kind of contributes to what Tate was discussing.

uh, yes.. i was.

i have always had problems with matt schaub's lack of personality. i've never seen a team attack its fans more than the texans this season.

i can go on and on, but i don't feel like entertaining your blather.

SchaubApologist
11-18-2013, 01:47 AM
Most "Houston Sports Fans" are the worst sort of bandwagonning, self-entitled, embarrassments to the city we have going for us. I have personally been embarrassed multiple times just from hearing fans boo the offense when like the first two drives don't result in 8 points a piece due to the starting QB. Or fans going to players houses (It's happened more than once).

It seems like a lot of fans feel like we're entitled to some sort of juggernaut franchise because of how miserable football history has been in Houston. Sure, changes are wanted by the fan base, but holy crap at least cheer for them when they are on the field. I'm not saying you don't have a right to boo your team whenever you feel like it, but I wouldn't get all offended when players notice it and talk about it.

who the hell are you?

what gives you the right to tell someone not to boo an atrocity?

you act as if these are some little league players or even collegiate athletes who are playing out of the goodness of their hearts. this is the nfl... these MEN do not play for free, nor do fans watch for free... this crap effort by most of the players and coaching staff deserve a constant boo. not to mention kubiak's genius decision to bring schaub back in.... my lord..

and if you want to talk about "self entitled".. let's talk about the texans delivering us two playoff appearances in 12 years. tate's statement is as self entitled as it gets.

VTexan
11-18-2013, 01:50 AM
dude should have been traded when the browns offered us a freaking 1st. another good one by the FO

imatexan
11-18-2013, 01:57 AM
uh, yes.. i was.

i have always had problems with matt schaub's lack of personality. i've never seen a team attack its fans more than the texans this season.

Don't try to twist what you said.

You never specified Schaub, you said our players.

So who, Andre? Watt? Cushing? OD? Antonio Smith? Keenum? Swearinger? ...?

bhsman
11-18-2013, 02:03 AM
dude should have been traded when the browns offered us a freaking 1st. another good one by the FO

There's absolutely no way that story was true and was shot down shortly after it came up.

TexansFight
11-18-2013, 02:10 AM
So hilarious to see fans get ramped up when a player has an opinion. "You can't say that about me!!! I spent money on a ticket!!! *RAGE FACE*" Fans can't act like a-holes just because they paid money to watch a game. I mean, they can, but don't get all butt hurt when a player has something to say about it.

And yes... Houston fans are bitchy and whiny and always have been. Show up late, go home early... it is that way and always will be that way.

I understand the frustration, the team is an absolute joke right now. Gary pulling Keenum should just be another strike against him

Houston fans have gotten a turd sandwich of a football team for far too long and have had it. No city other than Cleveland has had to put up with garbage football for DECADES like we have. ALL THE HOUSTON FAN HATERS CAN GO TO HELL AND KISS MY ASS

bhsman
11-18-2013, 02:12 AM
Houston fans have gotten a turd sandwich of a football team for far too long and have had it. No city other than Cleveland has had to put up with garbage football for DECADES like we have. ALL THE HOUSTON FAN HATERS CAN GO TO HELL AND KISS MY ASS

Seattle fans would like a word. Honestly, there are a lot of sports towns that have suffered, trying to claim you've had it worst or second-worst isn't really much of an argument.

Norg
11-18-2013, 02:29 AM
after seeing all the cool raiders fans im kinda glad they don't give a ****

Maybe were becoming the new Philly of the NFL ROWDYYYY FANS WHO DONT GIVE A **** !!!!!!!!!!! LOL

THo I still don't know why we cheer bush I didn't vote for that fool LOL

butt anyways today in the parking lot the Raiders fans were smokin mad weed in the parking lot and the Parking lot staff was so sccurreeedd of them LOL

SchaubApologist
11-18-2013, 05:00 AM
Don't try to twist what you said.

You never specified Schaub, you said our players.

So who, Andre? Watt? Cushing? OD? Antonio Smith? Keenum? Swearinger? ...?

I said "most".. Excluding players like watt, ninja, keenum, etc..

Malloy
11-18-2013, 06:16 AM
I can understand that players like Tate who actually goes out there and does a good job can find it frustrating that people are booing. The way I see it, people booed Kubiaks decision to put in Schaub (among other Things), not Tates play. If I were out there doing a good job, I would get frustrated with booing too.

craneman
11-18-2013, 07:50 AM
you can't take anything these texans say seriously.

this is not the first time they have lashed out on the fans.

just like their coach, they always look for excuses. a bunch of losers, and a major rebuild is needed.
Do they really think they can win at home without US??????????????????????

EllisUnit
11-18-2013, 07:55 AM
uh, yes.. i was.

Its easy to sit here and say you knew everything and you have always been right blah blah, but its easier for people like me and other vet members to claim such things since our post history dates back to before Sept 2013. Just saying

speedfreek
11-18-2013, 08:33 AM
Sorry Ben, I can't be rah-rah at 2-8 with 8 consecutive losses.

(two against bad teams at home..)

TJ

ArlingtonTexan
11-18-2013, 08:33 AM
You know, I was at the game today. Every seat wasn't full, but there were a lot of people there.

I was pouting, early, because we couldn't move the ball & those spectacular plays just weren't happening. We turned the ball over twice & allowed the Raiders to score 14 points with little resistance.

We kept going 3 & out against the Raiders defense (as bad as ours) & I wasn't enjoying myself.

But the people around me..... they were enjoying what they were watching. They were into the game, making noise on defense, applauding, screaming & shouting "FIRST DOWN!!" when they should. The kiss cam, the jump cam, the fan cam all went around & you could see people enjoying themselves all over the place.

When Bullock hit his field goal, they cheered. When Keyshawn had a good return, they cheered. When he returned one for a TD they went wild.

The reporters decided to focus on the bad & Ben took the bait. I'm sure Ben was just as upset as the rest of us when McCain gave up his first touchdown of the evening. & the second one. I'm sure he was upset when we couldn't pick up 3rd & 1... multiple times.

I'm sure he wasn't happy when he realized the losing streak extended to 8 games.

It's cool for you to say he was right, that the fans are fickle... but he should have said, "I'm upset too. I don't like losing."

If he was honest, he would have been booing too.

I think you are supporting what I am saying here. Sure the large group of fans are wishy-washy or fickle or whatever because the people booing one thing are not the same people cheering at other times.

Even still look at that this thread. so how many of the people hating Ben tate were the same one's who thought Tate should been playing over Foster. The people who have turned on him for a fairly light criticism are proving him to be telling "the truth."

Rey
11-18-2013, 08:34 AM
Just heard wade smiths comments.

He blames the fans for being too noisy. Says they actually had to go to a silent count when Matt came in and that should never happen at home. Said he's disappointed.

gafftop
11-18-2013, 08:51 AM
Next week we need to bring signs that say we are booing the whole FO/braintrust, owner,Gm and coaches.

Hervoyel
11-18-2013, 09:44 AM

He blames the fans for being too noisy. Says they actually had to go to a silent count when Matt came in and that should never happen at home. Said he's disappointed.

He's disappointed? Well somebody tell Wade that we've been watching him and his pals on the OL play all year and we know exactly how his soon to be released butt feels where disappointed is concerned.

When your fans are booing you at home you shouldn't be looking at the fans wondering what's wrong with them. You should be looking in a mirror.

IlliniJen
11-18-2013, 10:02 AM
Ben Tate can go **** himself. He's going to be just another Texans retread RB on some other team next year. Have fun on the Browns! See what it's like to toil away in football purgatory for the rest of your career, bro.

b0ng
11-18-2013, 10:05 AM
who the hell are you?

what gives you the right to tell someone not to boo an atrocity?

you act as if these are some little league players or even collegiate athletes who are playing out of the goodness of their hearts. this is the nfl... these MEN do not play for free, nor do fans watch for free... this crap effort by most of the players and coaching staff deserve a constant boo. not to mention kubiak's genius decision to bring schaub back in.... my lord..

and if you want to talk about "self entitled".. let's talk about the texans delivering us two playoff appearances in 12 years. tate's statement is as self entitled as it gets.

Exactly. Self entitled "I can do what I want when I want and I deserve a great franchise" type fans. Boo whenever you please, and throw a fit when the players take notice it makes all Houston fans look so warm and endearing nationally.

Especially after the whole cheering Schaub's injury during the Rams game. Maybe a few bad years will thin out the terrible **** heads that have latched on to this fan base in the last few years.

Honoring Earl 34
11-18-2013, 10:10 AM
He's disappointed? Well somebody tell Wade that we've been watching him and his pals on the OL play all year and we know exactly how his soon to be released butt feels where disappointed is concerned.

When your fans are booing you at home you shouldn't be looking at the fans wondering what's wrong with them. You should be looking in a mirror.

Ben Tate can go **** himself. He's going to be just another Texans retread RB on some other team next year. Have fun on the Browns! See what it's like to toil away in football purgatory for the rest of your career, bro.

I think the fans are making a transition from happy to have a team to , this losing and gagging in big games stinks to high heaven and we're tired of it . We don't owe you anymore than buying a ticket and parking pass . This isn't a 3rd grade Christmas play where no matter what , you stand and applaud . :bat:

HOU-TEX
11-18-2013, 10:10 AM
So, if we're "wishy washy" does that make them wishy? Or washy? They can't be both wishy and washy since they haven't done dittly in 8 games. Which of the two equates to losing?

Hervoyel
11-18-2013, 10:11 AM
Anyone here ever meet Corey Bradford? I did once and spoke with him for a few minutes in 2003. He was in my opinion a very nice man and struck me in passing as a quality person. I'm not speaking about his ability as a WR (though I'd rather have Corey Bradford than either Keyshawn Martin (PR for a TD yesterday or not) or some of the other bums we've brought in here over the years. How good or bad of a player he was isn't what I'm talking about.

We talked a little bit about the then-current doomed season and the progress the Texans were making. I have never forgotten the look on his face when he told me that they had let all of us down and that he was sorry. It was totally misplaced and he couldn't have been more wrong but he really did seem to feel like they had fallen short of what was expected and he seemed genuinely upset about it. I couldn't be mad at him if I'd wanted to.

I just told him that I thought they were doing their best and that the fans understood that it took time to build an NFL team. Knowing how Carr liked the check down so much and rarely looked past his first read I imagine Corey ran a lot of routs that were doomed to produce nothing from the moment the ball was snapped. Still I haven't any doubt that he was trying and wanted nothing more than to succeed and hear Texans fans cheer. He was there opening night and he knew what was within their grasp if they could just put it all together.

Ben Tate, in this respect has nothing on Corey Bradford and Ben Tate never will. He doesn't get it and as far as I'm concerned he can hit the door when this season is over.

Hervoyel
11-18-2013, 10:17 AM
Exactly. Self entitled "I can do what I want when I want and I deserve a great franchise" type fans. Boo whenever you please, and throw a fit when the players take notice it makes all Houston fans look so warm and endearing nationally.

Especially after the whole cheering Schaub's injury during the Rams game. Maybe a few bad years will thin out the terrible **** heads that have latched on to this fan base in the last few years.

Speaking for the terrible **** heads who have been here since day one I don't think a few bad years are going to make any of us leave. If they were we'd have been gone a long time ago.

Having high expectations doesn't make you a bad fan. There's nothing self-entitled about wanting your franchise to achieve greatness and expecting it when many of the signs point to a bright future.

Nobody should have to apologize for wanting Matt Schaub to sit the **** down. The Texans should be sending out apologies to their fans that they only way their idiot coach would make that happen was an injury. If they'd benched him earlier, when they should have, before he set an NFL record for futility then maybe people would be more understanding.

Honoring Earl 34
11-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Speaking for the terrible **** heads who have been here since day one I don't think a few bad years are going to make any of us leave. If they were we'd have been gone a long time ago.

Having high expectations doesn't make you a bad fan. There's nothing self-entitled about wanting your franchise to achieve greatness and expecting it when many of the signs point to a bright future.

Nobody should have to apologize for wanting Matt Schaub to sit the **** down. The Texans should be sending out apologies to their fans that they only way their idiot coach would make that happen was an injury. If they'd benched him earlier, when they should have, before he set an NFL record for futility then maybe people would be more understanding.

Matt and Kubiak are just the easy branches to trim before you start getting into the trunk of this rotten tree . This reared it's ugly head in the end of the Carr days . Bob hated giving up on DC and it hurt his heart to cut him . It's going to be the same with Gary and Joe Marciano , who are Texan kinda guys . Wait ... Irsay just called Bob and told him the team is fine and headed the right way .

Hervoyel
11-18-2013, 10:40 AM
Matt and Kubiak are just the easy branches to trim before you start getting into the trunk of this rotten tree . This reared it's ugly head in the end of the Carr days . Bob hated giving up on DC and it hurt his heart to cut him . It's going to be the same with Gary and Joe Marciano , who are Texan kinda guys . Wait ... Irsay just called Bob and told him the team is fine and headed the right way .

Yeah. It's Bob. It will always be Bob. Bob is a football moron. He's a smart businessman and seems to be very much an NFL business-side guy but he's football stupid and he's not getting any smarter.

People point to his success in business and say "This man is no moron. This man is a brilliant businessman" but that doesn't really make any difference. We've seen successful businessmen enter the league and be completely inept owners (who still make money hand over fist in spite of their incompetence) when it comes to football decisions.

Bob's going to be football-stupid his entire life. He's had over 12 years to work it out and his weaknesses are no different today than they were when he started. He's not Bud Adams. He's a different kind of problem. One that is (so far) harder to get mad at but equally as frustrating.

DX-TEX
11-18-2013, 10:43 AM
Anyone listen to Lance Z rant this morning? It was glorious and he went balls deep on Tate for this comment.

Blake
11-18-2013, 11:26 AM
I'd rather be wishy-washy than whatever Ben Tate and the Texans are right now.

HOU-TEX
11-18-2013, 11:42 AM

The first thing that came to mind when I read a tweet about Wade's comments last night was seeing him blasted into the backfield last night on Tate's run from the 2 yard line. Wade's the most wishy washy olineman we have. Good play then horrible play. Heck, at least Newton's bad practically every play.

These dude's need to put themselves in our seats/recliners and see what we're seeing. You'd think they'd see the suck with as much film as they claim to watch.

gafftop
11-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Ben Tate is dead to this team. He is playing for himself not the Texans. He is an example of the mental make up of the players on this team. Someone said we could have had a first round draft choice for him this year. if so just another reason Rick needs to go. We will get nothing for him after this year unless you call the pity pick compensation.

Don't really want to hear how courageous he is. He is playing for his next contract. It seems to me in past years he missed many games for mystery ailments. just my opinion.

htowntexans1985
11-18-2013, 12:33 PM
Meet @BenTateRB & @leadblock33
@VerizonWireless (59/Greenway) tomorrow 8-9a
for #TexansRadio on @SportsRadio610 live w/
@TexansVoice.

BAD TIMING TEXANS!! I'm sure someone is going to have some words for the tater tot.

Hervoyel
11-18-2013, 12:36 PM
Somebody should give him a Cleveland Browns mini-helmet to sign.

Blake
11-18-2013, 12:38 PM

I would prefer them to have him sign a photo and then rip it up in his face.

htowntexans1985
11-18-2013, 12:39 PM

:fostering:

TheRealJoker
11-18-2013, 12:39 PM
This team here in
Houston is so up and down and so
wishy-washy. I'm just shocked at that.

TheIronDuke
11-18-2013, 12:41 PM
Somebody should give him some crutches to sign.

Carr Bombed
11-18-2013, 12:44 PM

Speak for yourself.

Because we aren't fickle or worthless.. we aren't undeserving (we have one of the longest consecutive streaks of sell out games in the league going), we aren't garbage or unintelligent... and we certainly aren't SPOILED.. In order to be spoiled you have to be pampered and put up on a pedestal with a silver spoon shoved up your rear end... now football wise, when the hell has that ever happened to the fans of this city?

We aren't "spoiled", we're pissed off and disgruntled.. there's a difference. The fact that we aren't fickle, worthless, know we deserve better, and aren't garbage or unintelligent is the reason why we know we deserve better. If you want to talk about spoiled.. look at the coaching staff of your local team.. they're the ones who have been spoiled. And that "spoiled/coddle" mentality has trickled down to the players as well outside of a select few.. it all trickles down from the top from Daddy Warbucks. He's created a culture where their is no accountability until the **** hits the fan.. and when the **** hits the fan, fans get pissed off and then players get offended.

gafftop
11-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Ben we say you are one of the reasons we are in this situation. I think he fumbled once for sure but maybe twice in games that might have been the turning points in those games. I still think fans need to clarify why they are booing.

This BOO is for Gary and Rick.
This Boo is for Matt.
This Boo is for McNair.

Or combination whatever

Uncle Rico
11-18-2013, 12:55 PM
The 'woe is me' fan mentality is humorous.

Mr. White
11-18-2013, 01:16 PM
The 'woe is me' fan mentality is humorous.

Looks to me like the "woe is me" fans still remember the Oilers years pretty well. If I'm right, then we see a lot of similarities between the bad soap opera that is this season and can compare it to pretty much all of their seasons.

Most years were bad, but even during the good years, our drunk idiot of an owner fired good coaches, traded good players, and hired coaches that punch each other during games. The owner we have now gets worse results using just the opposite tactic. This guy needs to call a board meeting and waits for the quarterly stockholder vote before he'll get rid of bad players or can bad coaches.

Oiler fans always knew the other shoe was going to drop. We knew the Oilers would always choke in the playoffs just like we knew Kubiak would defy common sense and put Schab back in at some point. Within the scope of Houston sports history, there's been more bad years than good. This season is just a return to form in epic fail fashion.

Make no mistake, there is some Oiler-style drama going on this season. Can't wait to see what the seaon-ending cliffhanger's going to be.

SchaubApologist
11-18-2013, 01:20 PM
it's rich that us fans are "wishy washy" when his offense has scored two 2nd half TD's in the last 8 games combined.

i really can not wait to move on from this guy.

Carr Bombed
11-18-2013, 01:38 PM
Looks to me like the "woe is me" fans still remember the Oilers years pretty well. If I'm right, then we see a lot of similarities between the bad soap opera that is this season and can compare it to pretty much all of their seasons.

Most years were bad, but even during the good years, our drunk idiot of an owner fired good coaches, traded good players, and hired coaches that punch each other during games. The owner we have now gets worse results using just the opposite tactic. This guy needs to call a board meeting and waits for the quarterly stockholder vote before he'll get rid of bad players or can bad coaches.

Oiler fans always knew the other shoe was going to drop. We knew the Oilers would always choke in the playoffs just like we knew Kubiak would defy common sense and put Schab back in at some point. Within the scope of Houston sports history, there's been more bad years than good. This season is just a return to form in epic fail fashion.

Make no mistake, there is some Oiler-style drama going on this season. Can't wait to see what the seaon-ending cliffhanger's going to be.

So basically Oiler fans are Boston Red Sox fans before they started winning.. or Saints fans.

All it takes is the right change. We aren't cursed, we just haven't made the right personnel decisions yet.. I hope we make them this coming offseason.

As far as the "woe is us" stuff.. I don't think that's directed at the old guard.. It's directed at the idiots who keep posting and starting threads that Watt and Andre are going to somehow leave when they can't. Or say there's no way we can re sign Watt and he won't sign here, which we can and he will. At least it is for me. A lot of the "woe is us" stuff stems from people becoming cry babies.. they should be happy, this losing is going to bring about much needed change. I'd rather take this season over another 10-6 season where we beat the Bengals in a wild card game and then get our collective asses spanked and sent home the next week. Speaking of which.. Kubiak's entire tenure can be summed up by this..

http://kirinjirafa.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/thank-you-sir-may-i-have-another.jpg?w=390&h=291

Because that's exactly what this team's M.O. has been any time this team has had to step up in competition against the big boys. :rolleyes:

Double Barrel
11-18-2013, 01:42 PM

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/1088726784/hF46400DF/

meh.....so I'm wishy washy. I'm happy when we win and pissed when we lose. So what?

No doubt.

Seth Payne hit the nail on the head when he said that hate is not the opposite of love. Apathy is the opposite of love, and to be quite honest, I have reached the state where I will probably have better things to do with my time because of apathy.

The NFL is entertainment at the end of the day. And when I get to the point where I am no longer being entertained, I think it's time to use my finite life to do something productive...or at least do something that does entertain me.

I will always be a Houston Texans fan, but like loving my country, I do not have to like my government....or front office.

I will still watch the games. But, it will be with my DVR and on my time, when I can forward through the blabbity announcer stuff and just analyze the game instead of giving a crap about the outcome.

Uncle Rico
11-18-2013, 01:53 PM
So basically Oiler fans are Boston Red Sox fans before they started winning.. or Saints fans.

All it takes is the right change. We aren't cursed, we just haven't made the right personnel decisions yet.. I hope we make them this coming offseason.

As far as the "woe is us" stuff.. I don't think that's directed at the old guard.. It's directed at the idiots who keep posting and starting threads that Watt and Andre are going to somehow leave when they can't. Or say there's no way we can re sign Watt and he won't sign here, which we can and he will. At least it is for me. A lot of the "woe is us" stuff stems from people becoming cry babies.. they should be happy, this losing is going to bring up much needed change. I'd rather take this season over another 10-6 season where we beat the Bengals in a wild card game and then get our collective asses spanked and sent home the next week. Speaking of which.. Kubiak's entire tenure can be summed up by this..

http://kirinjirafa.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/thank-you-sir-may-i-have-another.jpg?w=390&h=291

Because that's exactly what this team's M.O. has been any time this team has had to step up in competition against the big boys. :rolleyes:

Dude get out of my head, not funny.
++rep

Wolf
11-18-2013, 01:56 PM
https://fbcdn-photos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/601419_10201030327900591_738861787_n.jpg

hookinreds
11-18-2013, 02:21 PM
Even still look at that this thread. so how many of the people hating Ben tate were the same one's who thought Tate should been playing over Foster. The people who have turned on him for a fairly light criticism are proving him to be telling "the truth."

Allington, this is not an attack...I'd just as soon have this discussion while buying you a beer at local choke and puke....here's my thoughts on that topic.

Just as there was a firestorm for the "cheering" when the fans knew Kubiak was forced to put in a replacement when Schaub went down, there was booing when Kubiak made the call to put him back in yesterday. Tate missed what's going on here.

All a fan has is their fandom, just as all a player has is his ability to play. It's like any player would react if they were told they were a crappy player only playing hard and through injury in a contract year, then going back sucking down a paycheck on the sideline with a paper cut the entire next season. I applaud Tate for continuing to play with his rib injury, but he' way the hell off base this this one. The fans really do give a damn about their team and their players, and it pisses them off when there is no accountability for the crappy product that is being put on the field. They are Houston fans start to finish, and the only thing that they can do about it is voice their "opinion" of what they see on the field and the decisions that are being made. "Just don't go" is not an option for season ticket holders. They paid for an entire season, so that money is gone. If they do decide to "not go" try to sell their seats and recoupe some of the lost money, it's likely to another Houston who, whether it's their 1st or 50th game, is there to support their team. If booing bad decisions gets someone in the FO to change things then more power to ‘em. There are no power lunches with the FO/fans. The only way for fan’s to get their displeasure across to the FO is a Yes or No approval vote of Cheering or Booing. Not buying tickets only leaves those tickets available for ticket brokers who will pimp the tickets off to anyone and then you have more visiting fans than home team fans…and the FO only looks at that as asses in seats $$$.

disaacks3
11-18-2013, 02:32 PM
"I just feel like if you’re a true fan, you stick with the team through the tough times and we’re going through a tough time right now."

I've "stuck with the team" since before the first player stepped onto the field.

- You were 11 when the NFL owners voted to award the 32nd NFL franchise to Bob McNair. I was cheering from my office in downtown.

- You were 12 when I stood downtown waiting to find out the name of our new NFL franchise

- You were 13 when I stood downtown for the Texans jersey unveiling.

- you took your first College handoff while I watched Gary Kubiak earn his first win as an NFL coach

You've been in Houston for four years, I grew up here.

Ben - We've been here longer than you and we'll be here long after you're gone. We've gone through "tough times" before and we've booed stupid decisions since before you could spell the word football.

I respect the hell out of playing with broken ribs, I really do. Maybe it's those painkillers making you think us fans don't care as deeply as you.

TheMatrix31
11-18-2013, 03:55 PM
Texans fans were wishy-washy annoying pieces of **** even when we were winning. All the idiocy on this board over the last couple years even when we were winning was positively absurd.

All you have to do is go back and read. There's a reason I've used the ignore function here more than I could ever hope to use it on any other message board I frequent.

I'm not sure why it is, but even when we were winning people acted like we were the Browns, the Bills, the Astros, the Clippers, etc. Perhaps it's that everyone's become jaded over the years with the Oilers drama and all that.

amazing80
11-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Texans fans were wishy-washy annoying pieces of **** even when we were winning. All the idiocy on this board over the last couple years even when we were winning was positively absurd.

then pack your bags and leave, no one is forcing you here to read our "idiocy". dont let the door hit you in the nuts on the way out

TheMatrix31
11-18-2013, 04:03 PM
then pack your bags and leave, no one is forcing you here to read our "idiocy". dont let the door hit you in the nuts on the way out

I'm here because it's the quickest way to get Texans news. Other boards don't have nearly the same volume as this board does, which is why, perhaps, the average intelligence is not so high. Diluted population and all that.

Still, the point stands. We act like spoiled brats as fans while other teams and fans would KILL to have an owner that spends money, players like Andre, Watt, Cushing, Brown, Foster, Tate, Joseph, and yes, even Matt Schaub.

All I ask is perspective. One down year in the last three doesn't mean we're the ****ing Raiders, Browns, Bills, or any one of the other Perpetually Worthless franchises.

Rey
11-18-2013, 04:05 PM

All you have to do is go back and read. There's a reason I've used the ignore function here more than I could ever hope to use it on any other message board I frequent.

I'm not sure why it is, but even when we were winning people acted like we were the Browns, the Bills, the Astros, the Clippers, etc. Perhaps it's that everyone's become jaded over the years with the Oilers drama and all that.

In 2011, no.

In 2012, yeah.

2012 we saw a bunch of signs. But some chose to ignore them

But in 2011 I don't think this place had ever been more positive. Most of the negativity was directed towards Yates by schaubites.

Other than that, it was the next man up season and everyone was behind the texans.

amazing80
11-18-2013, 04:05 PM
I'm here because it's the quickest way to get Texans news. Other boards don't have nearly the same volume as this board does, which is why, perhaps, the average intelligence is not so high. Diluted population and all that.

Still, the point stands. We act like spoiled brats as fans while other teams and fans would KILL to have an owner that spends money, players like Andre, Watt, Cushing, Brown, Foster, Tate, Joseph, and yes, even Matt Schaub.

All I ask is perspective. One down year in the last three doesn't mean we're the ****ing Raiders, Browns, Bills, or any one of the other Perpetually Worthless franchises.

we have 2 winning seasons out of 11, we ARE exactly like the browns, raiders and vikings.....wake up and realize "talent" doesnt win games by itself. coaching the talent does. gary is no better than dom as a head coach

TheMatrix31
11-18-2013, 04:11 PM
we have 2 winning seasons out of 11, we ARE exactly like the browns, raiders and vikings.....wake up and realize "talent" doesnt win games by itself. coaching the talent does. gary is no better than dom as a head coach

Actually, Kubiak was light years ahead of Capers as a coach. But he's reached his ceiling. Do you think I want Kubiak here still or something? If so, you should probably read more of my posts and read them more carefully.

amazing80
11-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Actually, Kubiak was light years ahead of Capers as a coach. But he's reached his ceiling and I don't even know why that matters. Do you think I want Kubiak here still or something? If so, you should probably read more of my posts and read them more carefully.

no but youre complaining and saying were wishy washy when in reality were fed up with losing

TheMatrix31
11-18-2013, 04:13 PM
no but youre complaining and saying were wishy washy when in reality were fed up with losing

We ARE wishy-washy. We're bipolar ****s. Do you SEE this place. Have you SEEN this place?

Booing Schaub yesterday was embarrassing and ridiculous. Then cheering for him as we drove down and made a game of it was even moreso.

amazing80
11-18-2013, 04:15 PM
We ARE wishy-washy. We're bipolar ****s. Do you SEE this place. Have you SEEN this place?

everyone has a breaking point, 8 straight losses in a super bowl or bust season is ours....its not bipolar-ism to have expectations and then get pissed when you fail miserably to achieve your goals

amazing80
11-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Booing Schaub yesterday was embarrassing and ridiculous. Then cheering for him as we drove down and made a game of it was even moreso.

thats bull****. we booed schaub when he came out and then cheered the TEAM when they drove down the field

TheMatrix31
11-18-2013, 04:16 PM
everyone has a breaking point, 8 straight losses in a super bowl or bust season is ours....its not bipolar-ism to have expectations and then get pissed when you fail miserably to achieve your goals

And my point is that this board (and fanbase, if the board is to be trusted) has been a trainwreck of bipolarity and division for YEARS.

Vance87
11-18-2013, 04:17 PM

Just FYI wishy-washy means lacking strength or character.

"Up and down" and wishy-washy mean two different things.

So he said we were bipolar AND we are weak.

Is Ben Tate saying that if we were 8-2 nobody would be complaining? WELL NO **** SHERLOCK! FUGGIN' CAPTAIN OBVIOUS BEN TATE FOR THE WIN!

To say that we are weak because we are tired of losing and we are tired of sh!tty coaching decisions is completely odious and I really don't care if he plays another down for us.

amazing80
11-18-2013, 04:17 PM
And my point is that this board (and fanbase, if the board is to be trusted) has been a trainwreck of bipolarity and division for YEARS.

:mariopalm: its like arguing with a wall......guess we agree to disagree bud :barman:

Wolf
11-18-2013, 04:23 PM
We are about wishy washy as Kubiak's head coaching record

welsh texan
11-18-2013, 04:25 PM

The problem with that statement is that the franchise, since inception, has only really had one high, two playoff seasons in a row, apart from which the entire thing has been a train wreck.

Even this latest low was presaged by the 6-10 which followed 9-7.

Without wishing to offend you matrix, you have been one of the loudest, most devicive influences on this board recently, calling out your fellow fans for daring to highlight the ineptitude.

This seasons been done for 4 weeks already, due to the broncos pats and colts left to play whom we don't have a hope in hell of matching.

Thorn
11-18-2013, 04:30 PM
I don't give a rats ass what people think of "fandom" be it sports or tv shows or whatever. We're fans. We can think and act however the f*ck we want as long as we stay within civil laws. If I wanna boo someone one second and cheer them on the next I will. It's my frigging breath I can do with it as I please.

Jeeezzzz. Some of yall need something serious to worry about, cause this $hit isn't something worth worrying about.

TheMatrix31
11-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Just FYI wishy-washy means lacking strength or character.

"Up and down" and wishy-washy mean two different things.

So he said we were bipolar AND we are weak.

Is Ben Tate saying that if we were 8-2 nobody would be complaining? WELL NO **** SHERLOCK! FUGGIN' CAPTAIN OBVIOUS BEN TATE FOR THE WIN!

To say that we are weak because we are tired of losing and we are tired of sh!tty coaching decisions is completely odious and I really don't care if he plays another down for us.

You can read it as such and that's definitely your prerogative to do so. I think wishy-washy encompasses all of it. Up and down, fickle, weak-minded, etc.

Obviously everything would be better if we were winning, but we're not. No use blowing sunshine in everyone's ass. But he IS right. We went from Keenum energy to COMPLETE disaster in what, two weeks? Personally, I think people are pissed because they thought quarterback was the only thing wrong with this team ON THE FIELD. That's clearly not the case.

And Welsh, yeah I'm vocal, because I don't think fans are consistent. I'm definitely going to call out the "tankers" and the hypocrites who, for example, blamed the OL for Keenum's trouble but blamed Schaub for Schaub's trouble. Goes back to my point about people being pissed because they thought QB was the only on-the-field problem. I like rational thought and analysis, so I'm not going to take too kindly to people analyzing things incorrectly.

That said, we can all agree that this season is a dumpster fire and that it'd be best to just put the season behind us.

Double Barrel
11-18-2013, 04:33 PM
I've "stuck with the team" since before the first player stepped onto the field.

- You were 11 when the NFL owners voted to award the 32nd NFL franchise to Bob McNair. I was cheering from my office in downtown.

- You were 12 when I stood downtown waiting to find out the name of our new NFL franchise

- You were 13 when I stood downtown for the Texans jersey unveiling.

- you took your first College handoff while I watched Gary Kubiak earn his first win as an NFL coach

You've been in Houston for four years, I grew up here.

Ben - We've been here longer than you and we'll be here long after you're gone. We've gone through "tough times" before and we've booed stupid decisions since before you could spell the word football.

I respect the hell out of playing with broken ribs, I really do. Maybe it's those painkillers making you think us fans don't care as deeply as you.

http://www.personal.psu.edu/swf5158/blogs/aksm/Applause.gif

Surreal McCoy
11-18-2013, 04:39 PM

+++MSR

JamesBill
11-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Ben Tate is playing with 4 cracked ribs. He simply said something wrong, not really offensive. He really needs a pass on this.

Hervoyel
11-18-2013, 04:47 PM
Ben Tate is playing with 4 cracked ribs. He simply said something wrong, not really offensive. He really needs a pass on this.

It's a small matter really. Ben will be signing with someone else as soon as the FA period begins so who really cares? He can have his pass. Later Ben.

Double Barrel
11-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Let's talk about FANS when our team sucks during a historic 8 game losing streak.

Seriously?

Is that what is wrong with this 2-8 team?? Disgruntled fans?

Fans in 32 cities do the same thing when their teams go from playoffs to 2-8.

Welcome to the NFL, pal.

welsh texan
11-18-2013, 04:48 PM
You can read it as such and that's definitely your prerogative to do so. I think wishy-washy encompasses all of it. Up and down, fickle, weak-minded, etc.

Obviously everything would be better if we were winning, but we're not. No use blowing sunshine in everyone's ass. But he IS right. We went from Keenum energy to COMPLETE disaster in what, two weeks? Personally, I think people are pissed because they thought quarterback was the only thing wrong with this team ON THE FIELD. That's clearly not the case.

And Welsh, yeah I'm vocal, because I don't think fans are consistent. I'm definitely going to call out the "tankers" and the hypocrites who, for example, blamed the OL for Keenum's trouble but blamed Schaub for Schaub's trouble. Goes back to my point about people being pissed because they thought QB was the only on-the-field problem. I like rational thought and analysis, so I'm not going to take too kindly to people analyzing things incorrectly.

That said, we can all agree that this season is a dumpster fire and that it'd be best to just put the season behind us.

I definitely think that it's two different things, expecting a veteran to deal efficiently with known weaknesses in the offensive line and protect the football, and to expect essentially a rookie to learn on the job whilst being subjected to that same pressure.

I'd actually say a double standard is acceptable, however, case, for the most part did manage to protect the ball (say what you want about missed INTs the previous week, they didn't result in TOs) Schaub went off throwing a pick six a game therefore proving that he wasn't handling that poor OL as well as Keenum was.

Can you name rookie QBs who've played well behind shoddy line play? Genuine question, not just calling you out, it's something I would honestly believe to hold true across the board, that a rookie should struggle behind a poor line more than a vet who should have instincts on where to get rid of the ball safely and efficiently.

I, by the way, am not in the tank camp, I'm in the player development camp given that the season is lost anyway, I'd rather give younger players valuable experience than wearing down starting vets whilst still trying to win games. It's something that I think is missing across the nfl and you'll find in most sports kids need the experience in competitive games to develop their game. Why not do it on a losing season rather than wearing down multi million dollar vets.

It makes no sense to me whatsoever but its a completely different sporting psychology of win now rather than win as much as possible as soon as possible I suppose.

JamesBill
11-18-2013, 05:00 PM
It's a small matter really. Ben will be signing with someone else as soon as the FA period begins so who really cares? He can have his pass. Later Ben.

Exactly, he will be gone. He has never really been happy here. He was often injured. I liked him as a runner and wanted to keep him but since this team will be blown up, no reason to keep him.

TheMatrix31
11-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Antonio Smith politely asked that fans not boo the offense. He noted boos won't change personnel, just make things harder for them. #Texans

Good.

Vance87
11-18-2013, 06:03 PM
Good.

Yeah Texans fans, we know you literally are the only reason there is a football team in Houston, but don't even bother booing because you're upset with the team's decisions. It will literally have no effect, they'll just continue to run the same crap-fest out there on a weekly basis.

SIGH.

And by the way Ninja, we weren't booing the offense, we were booing one specific member of it, you know, the guy who started guiding this train off its tracks to begin with.

Marcus
11-18-2013, 06:03 PM
Without wishing to offend you matrix, you have been one of the loudest, most devicive influences on this board recently, calling out your fellow fans for daring to highlight the ineptitude.

Matrix is "devicive"?

Naaa . . he's 'milquetoast'.

I'm devicive!!! :pissed:

:D

Big Lou
11-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Tate meant to say something else but fumbled at a critical moment......

welsh texan
11-18-2013, 06:23 PM
Matrix is "devicive"?

I'm devicive!!! :pissed:

:D

Not gonna disagree there pal, you are one of the bluntest people I've ever seen respected on a forum anywhere. And that's a complement btw. ;)

Double Barrel
11-18-2013, 06:30 PM

naaahhhh, this is Milquetoast (http://askville.amazon.com/understand-Milquetoast-Cockroach/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=54034540): http://www.mercenarytrader.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Milquetoast_the_Roach_300.gif

SchaubApologist
11-18-2013, 06:37 PM

cool story dude!!!

it's almost as cool as your user name.. THE MATRIX!!!

NEO, MORPHEUS!!!

did you berate people when they complained that matrix 2 and 3 sucked?.. did you call them classless and unappreciative of the work the Wachowski brothers gave us during matrix 1? were critics of the matrix 2 & 3 also "bi polar"?

dude, nothing is worse than someone complaining about people complaining. if you don't like it, STFU and go to another thread. no one wants to read your fanboy drivel. now go back to your favorite matrix websites and think about it for a while.

Mr. White
11-18-2013, 07:37 PM

+++MSR

These posts pretty much sum up your contributions to the board...Houston fans are ungrateful...Texans Talk sucks...:deadhorse

Where the hell are you guys where fans are so great?

gafftop
11-18-2013, 07:45 PM
BS on the pass. He is only playing for his new contract. BT is wishy-washy sometimes he hangs on to ball sometimes not. I am pretty sure he cost a game this year. BT is wishy-washy. Sometimes able to play, many times unable. BT says we have come along way, 2-14 the bottom, now 2-8 maybe maybe not.
Hold on to the ball and tais-toi.

Would not bother me in the least if they put BT on inactive and we cycle through other RB's. Playing BT is the same as playing MS. A waste of time.

TheMatrix31
11-18-2013, 08:11 PM
cool story dude!!!

it's almost as cool as your user name.. THE MATRIX!!!

NEO, MORPHEUS!!!

did you berate people when they complained that matrix 2 and 3 sucked?.. did you call them classless and unappreciative of the work the Wachowski brothers gave us during matrix 1? were critics of the matrix 2 & 3 also "bi polar"?

dude, nothing is worse than someone complaining about people complaining. if you don't like it, STFU and go to another thread. no one wants to read your fanboy drivel. now go back to your favorite matrix websites and think about it for a while.

Actually, the movies aren't the inspiration behind my username. I actually agree that those movies are garbage. I actually love clowning you on that, because you wasted an entire post coming up with Matrix film-related "insults" or whatever the **** that's supposed to be and in one fell swoop, your entire post was rendered useless just like your entire existence.

You signed up in September 2013 and you come in here and act like you run the place. Who the **** are you? Know your role and shut your mouth, jabroni.

SchaubApologist
11-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Actually, the movies aren't the inspiration behind my username. I actually agree that those movies are garbage. I actually love clowning you on that, because you wasted an entire post coming up with Matrix film-related "insults" or whatever the **** that's supposed to be and in one fell swoop, your entire post was rendered useless just like your entire existence.

You signed up in September 2013 and you come in here and act like you run the place. Who the **** are you? Know your role and shut your mouth, jabroni.

cool user name, cool response, cool posts, cool everything!!!

Vance87
11-18-2013, 09:06 PM

So your name is the same as a movie you think is garbage. Solid reasoning.

Thorn
11-18-2013, 09:18 PM

My name here is the name of a kindly gentleman from the Omen movies, but that's not why I chose it. Maybe TheMatrix31 likes puzzles. LOL

Titans Sux 72
11-18-2013, 09:43 PM
wait, what?

It's called playing for a contract. He has to play to get paid next year. You are correct he is a " good" running back especially between the 20's, in the red zone NOTHING!
That's the problem with the Texans. Complacent with being "good" not great. If that's all you want Rico congratulations you got it. Smoke and mirrors.

Texecutioner
11-18-2013, 10:09 PM

As far as the "woe is us" stuff.. I don't think that's directed at the old guard.. It's directed at the idiots who keep posting and starting threads that Watt and Andre are going to somehow leave when they can't. Or say there's no way we can re sign Watt and he won't sign here, which we can and he will. At least it is for me. A lot of the "woe is us" stuff stems from people becoming cry babies.. they should be happy, this losing is going to bring about much needed change. I'd rather take this season over another 10-6 season where we beat the Bengals in a wild card game and then get our collective asses spanked and sent home the next week. Speaking of which.. Kubiak's entire tenure can be summed up by this..

Not much I can really add to that CB. It's just disappointing that we've had to go this long for so many fans to wake back up to what we've really had all along with this HC. Eight years has been a very long time, and we're still not even certain that's over under this regime yet. Bob might pull another "We're on the right track" statement again to let us know that Kubiak isn't going anywhere. If the Texans were to go on a 3 game winning streak to end the season, then Bob could potentially call that momentum for next year.

michaelm
11-18-2013, 10:18 PM

I have a thought... bear with me because I'm really thinking outside the box here...

what if... no... that wouldn't be possible. Never mind.

I was just about to suggest that maybe the word matrix existed before the movie ever came out, and maybe his user name is related to the actual word matrix instead of the movie title, but that would just be silly...

:mariopalm:

TheMatrix31
11-18-2013, 10:23 PM
Or maybe I'm a Phoenix Suns fan and maybe Shawn Marion is my favorite Sun of all-time and maybe his nickname was "The Matrix" and maybe his jersey number was 31.

Maybe?

michaelm
11-18-2013, 10:25 PM
Or maybe I'm a Phoenix Suns fan and maybe Shawn Marion is my favorite Sun of all-time and maybe his nickname was "The Matrix" and maybe his jersey number was 31.

Maybe?

No, that's not it...

:kitten:

Vance87
11-18-2013, 10:31 PM
I have a thought... bear with me because I'm really thinking outside the box here...

what if... no... that wouldn't be possible. Never mind.

I was just about to suggest that maybe the word matrix existed before the movie ever came out, and maybe his user name is related to the actual word matrix instead of the movie title, but that would just be silly...

:mariopalm:

Hilarious because Shawn Marion's nickname came from the movie. So really, if it hadn't been for that movie he would have never picked that user name. Pretty funny actually.

michaelm
11-18-2013, 10:34 PM
Hilarious because Shawn Marion's nickname came from the movie. So really, if it hadn't been for that movie he would have never picked that user name. Pretty funny actually.

I actually thought there were 28 additional sequels I never heard of, and his favorite was the very last one...

TheMatrix31
11-18-2013, 10:39 PM

Well, his nickname doesn't quite relate to the quality of the movies lol.

Alright, this is way off topic. Let's get back to Ben Tate.

SchaubApologist
11-18-2013, 11:14 PM

Maybe?

nice story. we all know you love matrix 2 & 3.

:bat:

The1ApplePie
11-18-2013, 11:29 PM
Houston fans seem to have a bad rep in general as far as being frontrunners or bangwagon fans go (happens in every city though).

I'm still amazed at how many Oilers fans suddenly came into existence when the Texans started playing.

Or the UH fans that suddenly appeared out of thin air when Keenum began starting.

Or that Dallas, New Orleans, or Titans (with VY) fans could take over Reliant

Houston has plenty of great fans (like the majority of people on this board), but seems to be a very bandwagon city

Maybe because a lot of people in my age range grew up as Cowboys fans

Jackie Chiles
11-18-2013, 11:47 PM

We sure have lost a fair share of them to Philly.

http://fansided.com/2013/11/17/eagles-fans-egg-redskins-bus-way-game-photo/

(DeSean Jackson) “We already have to beat our opponent. Now we’re trying to fight our fans. That energy to help us go out there and help us [get an] interception, delay of game penalty, whatever it is, we need them on our side, not against us.”

If only these guys could find a city where they could lose in peace, geeze!

midway
11-19-2013, 12:24 AM
I'm still amazed at how many Oilers fans suddenly came into existence when the Texans started playing.

So you're saying you're too young to remember when the Oilers played here.

htowntexans1985
11-19-2013, 08:35 AM
Ben Tate @ BenTateRB
So some of y'all in Houston still mad at
me huh?....Oh....let it go...or u can talk
abt it everyday

Lol!!!!

Mr. White
11-19-2013, 09:12 AM

Maybe?

So you're a Phoenix Suns fan that lives in California.

Are you sure that you're the right guy to be calling out fans in a city that you may or may not have been to?

Mr. White
11-19-2013, 09:18 AM
Meet @BenTateRB & @leadblock33
@VerizonWireless (59/Greenway) tomorrow 8-9a
for #TexansRadio on @SportsRadio610 live w/
@TexansVoice.

BAD TIMING TEXANS!! I'm sure someone is going to have some words for the tater tot.

Is anyone listening to this? I just turned it on. So far, it sounds like they're kissing his @$$.

I guess that's to be expected from 610.

chicagotexan2
11-19-2013, 09:23 AM
Is anyone listening to this? I just turned it on. So far, it sounds like they're kissing his @$$.

I guess that's to be expected from 610.

Im listening and typical John Lopez he wussed out of asking him to go into it. He said 'I give you dredit for owning what you said". Really Lopez? You didn't want to ask him if he understood the reason the fans are booing? If you think fans should cheer for a team that is 2-8 and getting whipped by a terrrible team that has more injuries and less talent AT HOME!! Vandemeer is Vandemeer, he's the company man and I don;t expect anything from him.

Mr. White
11-19-2013, 09:30 AM
Im listening and typical John Lopez he wussed out of asking him to go into it. He said 'I give you dredit for owning what you said". Really Lopez? You didn't want to ask him if he understood the reason the fans are booing? If you think fans should cheer for a team that is 2-8 and getting whipped by a terrrible team that has more injuries and less talent AT HOME!! Vandemeer is Vandemeer, he's the company man and I don;t expect anything from him.

Yeah this is horrible. I'm just keeping it on to see if they take any calls and take a break from "company line radio."

Lopez was somewhat objective as a writer but he's a total homer on the radio. Guess it's in the job description.

chicagotexan2
11-19-2013, 09:34 AM
Yeah this is horrible. I'm just keeping it on to see if they take any calls and take a break from "company line radio."

Lopez was somewhat objective as a writer but he's a total homer on the radio. Guess it's in the job description.

I know it's 'player' show, but this is a prime example of how in bed 610 is with The Texans. I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans gave Lopez the order to not go into it. WEAK WEAK WEAK.

Rey
11-19-2013, 09:36 AM
So you guys want them to risk their jobs making a point?

Vandameer works for the texans, not 610. Currently Lopez is working for the texans as this is currently texans radio.

They could have completely ignored it, but if you guys think they were about to roast him on texans radio you're dreaming.

chicagotexan2
11-19-2013, 09:38 AM

Vandameer works for the texans, not 610. Currently Lopez is working for the texans as this is currently texans radio.

They could have completely ignored it, but if you guys think they were about to roast him on texans radio you're dreaming.

Not roast him, but not roll over like little lap dogs either. But yes clearly I was wrong to expect any kind follow through questioning.

Mr. White
11-19-2013, 09:43 AM

I'm not expecting them to roast him at all. I've been around long enough that I know how that really goes.

They could have addressed the matter in a more direct way considering the uproar it caused. They do that on the Kubiak show every week. Instead, it was a softball question followed by Lopez' fake laughing.

Doesn't matter. I turned it off anyway. Just another reminder of why I haven't listened to this station for the past 7 or 8 years.

Rey
11-19-2013, 09:51 AM
Not roast him, but not roll over like little lap dogs either. But yes clearly I was wrong to expect any kind follow through questioning.

He asked him about it, Tate answered. He said but you have to understand the fans position, Tate responded.

I don't think you could reasonably expect Lopez or especially Vandy to press it any further.

When Lopez goes back to the studio with nick I can almost guarantee they'll talk about it. But there is 0 chance they were about to keep pressing him on that at thst point. That wasn't the correct forum.

disaacks3
11-19-2013, 09:58 AM

After listening, I'm convinced Ben really isn't all that bright.

When asked directly if he knew WHY, his answer doesn't seem to correlate with yanking the starting QB.

Rey
11-19-2013, 09:58 AM
I'm not expecting them to roast him at all. I've been around long enough that I know how that really goes.

They could have addressed the matter in a more direct way considering the uproar it caused. They do that on the Kubiak show every week. Instead, it was a softball question followed by Lopez' fake laughing.

Doesn't matter. I turned it off anyway. Just another reminder of why I haven't listened to this station for the past 7 or 8 years.

You listen to the kubiak show every week but haven't listened to the station in the past 7-8 years?

There are big differences in the kubiak show. It's 1) not done in public in front of fans 2) is all about discussing the stuff that happened in the day if the game.

They play games on the players shows. It's supposed to be lighthearted. Meet and greet, come have a good time type if thing.

Kubiak is almost exclusively answering questions that are game day related.

I think asking Tate about it and then following it up with one inquiry is about all you could reasobably expect in that situation.

Mr. White
11-19-2013, 10:12 AM
You listen to the kubiak show every week but haven't listened to the station in the past 7-8 years?

No man. I never said I listen to that show every week. I used to, but now I turn it on every now and then when I'm in traffic and I hear just enough to know that they hold his feet to the fire. Same went for the Matt Schaub show but I don't even know if they do that one anymore.

I switch over every now and then but I haven't been a regular listener for 7 or 8 years.

Thanks anyway for putting the player's show into context. Now I know better than to turn it on again.

htowntexans1985
11-19-2013, 10:42 AM
Welp. Round 3. Texans vs. Fans.

Owen Daniels said he wants "smart fans"
at the game. #Texans

BigBull17
11-19-2013, 11:04 AM
I'm tired of this weak ***** mentality our little titty babies have. Welcome to the real NFL, where when you embarrass both yourselves and us and waste our time and money, people react accordingly. This year is nothing but a giant cluster**** of mediocrity and idiocy. Kept coaches in place 4 years too long, held on to sub par players and even extended them needlessly. We are a franchise so afraid of change that they clutch to the titanic as it sinks into the freezing water. On top of it all, the players are doing everything they can to deflect their failure onto fans. Own it. Stop mentioning fans booing and make them cheer. Tired of this patty cake mentality. Oh, you want smart fans? We want smart players. We want to see fewer than 7 combined false starts and offsides week in and week out. We want to see DB's capable of actual coverage. We want to see an offense that keeps a defense off guard by, GASP, mixing things up and maybe playing with pace a few times and not go on one every ****ing time. I'm done, this is already more time than I should have wasted on these losers. Don't worry guys, you're on the right track. Uncle Bob is proud and juice boxes are on him.

dalemurphy
11-19-2013, 11:12 AM

I agree with O.D. After 11 years, I gave up my season tickets last year largely because most of the fans are insufferably drunk or stupid... Or both.

htowntexans1985
11-19-2013, 11:19 AM
I agree with O.D. After 11 years, I gave up my season tickets last year largely because most of the fans are insufferably drunk or stupid... Or both.

Those drunk and stupid fans are paying to make sure your ass has a team to cheer for on Sunday. If those people wouldn't put butts in the seats this franchise would be on a plane to Los Angeles.

Rey
11-19-2013, 11:29 AM
I understand that Tate said he's not one to boo, but he's just an idiot if he doesn't understand why fans boo.

Rey
11-19-2013, 11:32 AM
No man. I never said I listen to that show every week. I used to, but now I turn it on every now and then when I'm in traffic and I hear just enough to know that they hold his feet to the fire. Same went for the Matt Schaub show but I don't even know if they do that one anymore.

I switch over every now and then but I haven't been a regular listener for 7 or 8 years.

Thanks anyway for putting the player's show into context. Now I know better than to turn it on again.

Yeah...if you want more direct stuff, the player shows are not going to give you that.

But I will say that Antonio's show is pretty good. He gives some pretty good insight into what's going on...but the morning player show is just fluff mostly.

dalemurphy
11-19-2013, 11:41 AM
Those drunk and stupid fans are paying to make sure your ass has a team to cheer for on Sunday. If those people wouldn't put butts in the seats this franchise would be on a plane to Los Angeles.

Okay.... I think 11 years of driving from Austin to houston on weekends for Texan games was doing my part so houston could have a team.

If that happened, I would root for another team or spend my entertainment time in the fall and winter doing something else.

steelbtexan
11-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Okay.... I think 11 years of driving from Austin to houston on weekends for Texan games was doing my part so houston could have a team.

If that happened, I would root for another team or spend my entertainment time in the fall and winter doing something else.

Good for you.

It still doesn't invalidate his point.

BTW, Just wondering about our AFC championship/SB bet?

chicagotexan2
11-19-2013, 12:18 PM

I'd say stupid fans are the ones that blindly (not loyally) cheer and accept whatever garbage is put on the field. Stupid fans are those that cheer and don't show any form of discontent when the incompetant HC replaces a player that shows some promise with one that has shown everyone that he is unable to lead a team to victory, one that wilts in the face of pressure, one that gives the team absolutely no chance to get a positive play when the play breaks down. It's not Schaubs fault that he played on Sunday. It's kubiaks fault for being a lousy HC that is determined to trot his boy out there. The fans on Sunday let Kubiak know that and Matt Schaub proved the bolded.

disaacks3
11-19-2013, 12:27 PM
Owen Daniels said he wants "smart fans" at the game. #Texans

Hey O.D. - We'd like smart coaching. Can you make that happen on your end? :kitten:

Double Barrel
11-19-2013, 12:29 PM

Owen Daniels said he wants "smart fans"
at the game. #Texans

Well, OD's boss - Mr. Bob McNair - wants paying customers at the game.

So, I guess Mr. McNair wins! :bigboss:

dalemurphy
11-19-2013, 01:28 PM
I'd say stupid fans are the ones that blindly (not loyally) cheer and accept whatever garbage is put on the field. Stupid fans are those that cheer and don't show any form of discontent when the incompetant HC replaces a player that shows some promise with one that has shown everyone that he is unable to lead a team to victory, one that wilts in the face of pressure, one that gives the team absolutely no chance to get a positive play when the play breaks down. It's not Schaubs fault that he played on Sunday. It's kubiaks fault for being a lousy HC that is determined to trot his boy out there. The fans on Sunday let Kubiak know that and Matt Schaub proved the bolded.

If Tate picks up one yard, that move looks great. No harm done regarding keenums development and it almost kept this disaster of a team in the hunt for the wild card. So much to complain about this year... Why that? I think fans are upset with the move for two reasons, neither which are valid critiques:

1- fans believed it was a permanent move.
2- fans hate schaub and took the move as a personal insult.

The truth is that Kubiak recognizes schaub is not the answer. He
Likes keenum and sees what we see with the energy and big play ability. He was just trying to win the game and thought schaub's experience and ability to help the offensive line with blitz pickup gave the team a better shot. Agree or not, that is all that happened.

chicagotexan2
11-19-2013, 01:56 PM
If Tate picks up one yard, that move looks great. No harm done regarding keenums development and it almost kept this disaster of a team in the hunt for the wild card. So much to complain about this year... Why that? I think fans are upset with the move for two reasons, neither which are valid critiques:

Likes keenum and sees what we see with the energy and big play ability. He was just trying to win the game and thought schaub's experience and ability to help the offensive line with blitz pickup gave the team a better shot. Agree or not, that is all that happened.

There is no other way to simulate these situations other than let keenum play it out. Sink or swim it doesn't matter since the season is dead in regards to making the playoffs. You gain nothing from putting Schaub in there when he's proven that he is no longer a good quarterback. Scaub is good at moving tge ball he is not good at getting touchdowns. I take that back. He is not good at avoiding critical mistakes that lead to defensive scoring touchdowns.

dalemurphy
11-19-2013, 02:05 PM
There is no other way to simulate these situations other than let keenum play it out. Sink or swim it doesn't matter since the season is dead in regards to making the playoffs. You gain nothing from putting Schaub in there when he's proven that he is no longer a good quarterback. Scaub is good at moving tge ball he is not good at getting touchdowns. I take that back. He is not good at avoiding critical mistakes that lead to defensive scoring touchdowns.

Almost gained a win, which is what I want the coach to be focused on. As I posted elsewhere, the gutsiest and best decision to win that game was exactly what Kubiak did- but, when the team reached the redzone- to reinsert Keenum. Who knows what kind of havoc that would've caused, but Schaub between the 20s in that 4th quarter and Keenum in the redzone would've won that game Sunday.

Texecutioner
11-19-2013, 02:07 PM

8 years of rationalizing Kubiak's ineptitude isn't enough? How do you continually defend his problems year after year with a straight face after this long? Are you guys related by blood or something?

htowntexans1985
11-19-2013, 03:07 PM
Owen Daniels @ owendaniels
Listen yall, we're all suppose to be in this
together. The ONLY thing I was referring
to as far as being a smart crowd is this
situation...

Apology central is on Kirby Drive.

TheMatrix31
11-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Daniels is 100% right.

Rey
11-19-2013, 03:25 PM
Hey O.D. - We'd like smart coaching. Can you make that happen on your end? :kitten:

The players seem have this strange idea that their checks come from money that McNair grows on a farm somewhere.

Dutchrudder
11-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Eh, it's not like Tate or OD will be on this team next year, so whatever.

deucetx
11-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Can't believe this has gone on this long all over boo'ing. Kind of silly. I'll just post the same thing I did on Tate's facebook when he spoke about it with the most recent quote:

These comments are a stretch. Fans who boo'd aren't real fans? An article came out that said Houston fans except being mediocore. Now they expect more they aren't real fans? Which is it? The organization sells out every game. It is a top five profitable organization in the league. That means fans pour money, energy and time. They have a team with loads of talent (Tate included) and watch it lose to inferior teams. It has been on the downslide since the fourth quarter of last season and regressed more. That isn't 'turned things around' But fans should be happy? What mythical fanbase is happy after so much losing/regression? Did I boo? No, I was at home watching and wouldn't have if there. But I can quite understand the frustration fans feel. I'm numb to it after years of being a Texan/Oiler fan.

And someone said they want perspective...well that is perspective. Because our owner spends money shouldn't just make fans accept a medicore product or worse. It isn't displaying a positive result which is the problem. If the regression that has taken place since the bottom quarter last year isn't visible then someone is the type of person that believes in unicorns farting rainbows.

There is a problem and an issue and fans are simply frustrated and rightfully so. They have very few ways to express this frustration so let's stop being shocked and awed when they do so with just some freaking boo'ing. And let's stop acting like this has to do with Houston. Every single sport city has the same thing. Bengals just got boo'd and they are actually leading their divsion. Eagles as well. Falcons have been boo'd this year and so on. Chiefs fans were last year and cheered Cassel's injury. So stop with the 'Oh Houston fans are the worse!'

Can't handle it then try golf or tennis. No boo'ing there.

dalemurphy
11-19-2013, 04:12 PM
8 years of rationalizing Kubiak's ineptitude isn't enough? How do you continually defend his problems year after year with a straight face after this long? Are you guys related by blood or something?

Nothing to rationalize in '06 or '07... He did a lot with very little and moved the organization away from a dark place.

Also, I actually had the pink soap after the Chris Brown interception in 2008?... And, in 2010, I was not opposed to Kubiak being fired.

I have not attempted to defend him regarding the dramatic under-performance of this year's team, nor did I defend his coaching late last season, when it was clear that his lack of imagination and ability to adjust (as well as Wade's), essentially made the playoff loss in New England, a foregone conclusion.

However, yes, I will defend him from accusations of consipiracy... that he is messing with Keenum and the football team's chances, in order to reinstate his "friend", Matt Schaub, as the starting QB... That is a bizarre, indefensible claim that so many of you seem eager to believe.

I am reacting to the demonizing of someone that I respect. I have posted plenty of problems that I see regarding the team and his coaching of it. I have agreed with a number of posters that have made criticisms of him. However, all of the hyperbole about he's the "dumbest coach in NFL history", does tend to bring me out of the woodwork in his defense- because that is ridiculous.

False Start
11-19-2013, 04:33 PM

Was just about to post this.

Link (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/55427/owen-daniels-asks-texans-fans-to-be-smart)

"We want smart fans in the building," Daniels said. "We want people who are going to be quiet when we’re on offense and loud when we’re on defense. I’ve been in a lot of other buildings in this league and seen a lot of other smart groups of fans where you can hear a pin drop on offense, when their team’s offense is out there, no matter what the situation is. We had to go to a silent cadence at home when Matt went in the game because the fans were cheering and/or booing. To show their support and show their displeasure. They couldn’t really swallow their pride at a time when we were out there trying to work.

"They paid the money to show their emotions and their opinions on what’s going on during the game, but it wasn’t about them at that point. We’re still out there trying to win a football game which we very well were capable of doing. We just want them to be on the team’s side. I think they were showing their opinion about one player on the field when it’s always about more than one player. It’s always about the team."

Norg
11-19-2013, 05:07 PM
I agree with OD we have some dumb fans

but one of the main problems is everytime we get a FIrst down what happens over the broadcast

"AND THATS GOOD FOR A HOUSTON TEXANNNSSS" ........... "FIRST DOWN"

and everyone cheers and DOes that dumb POint thing

and that makes noise Positive or negative

so yeah until they stop doing that things wont change cuz soe of our fans are so gullible LOL thinking that afirst down really means anything esp with this team

I haven't been to many Other Stadiums but I have been to Tenn and New Orleans and they do the same thing and it can gets no louder then us on offensive

I don't think we are really any different then the other big city teams NY Philly ATL San fran Dallas

He wants us to be like INDY LOL were that's not going to happen LOL

Honoring Earl 34
11-19-2013, 05:23 PM
Eh, it's not like Tate or OD will be on this team next year, so whatever.

Having been in Houston for all my 50 years , I can recall some things . I have listened to Oiler games on the radio in the early 70's ... why ... because they couldn't sell out . Earl Campbell used to work the Skoal display inside the Astro Arena at the rodeo . I didn't hear about it I saw Earl and got me a Skoal Bandit sample . I worked at a grocery store in high school where the manager played the Oiler games over the loud speaker for the costumers and employees to hear , this was the Luv Ya Blue days .

These Luv Ya Blue days is what JJ Watt wants and he can get it because we love a winner . We're not like some fans who want to go just to get abuse , we want badly to have a badass team that plays tough physical football ( well as tough as the NFL lets you these days ) and wins . You get your best player hurt and lose your QB and still win a playoff game on the road , we're behind you 150% . That's what gets you a full stadium after you lose a AFC chamionship game . That JJ Watt is how you become a legend in Houston . :swatter:

eriadoc
11-19-2013, 05:32 PM
I agree with OD we have some dumb fans

I have to admit, I busted out laughing when I read this. I mean, the rules of capitalization and punctuation aren't that difficult.

Norg
11-19-2013, 05:34 PM
I have to admit, I busted out laughing when I read this. I mean, the rules of capitalization and punctuation aren't that difficult.

dis is the internet IM lazy

eriadoc
11-19-2013, 05:36 PM

I'd buy that in some cases, but your posts actually require more effort to reach over and hit the Shift key a few extra times. Nah, I'm going with illiterate.

IlliniJen
11-19-2013, 05:57 PM

You spelled "stupid" wrong.

Thorn
11-19-2013, 06:06 PM
So Ben Tate can't spell either and we're picking on Norg?

Double Barrel
11-19-2013, 06:11 PM
Almost gained a win, which is what I want the coach to be focused on. As I posted elsewhere, the gutsiest and best decision to win that game was exactly what Kubiak did- but, when the team reached the redzone- to reinsert Keenum. Who knows what kind of havoc that would've caused, but Schaub between the 20s in that 4th quarter and Keenum in the redzone would've won that game Sunday.

I thought the same thing about putting Keenum back in when the team was in the red zone.

The two QB concept died with Tom Landry. He gave it a good try in the '70's, iirc, but it never quite worked out.

I'd buy that in some cases, but your posts actually require more effort to reach over and hit the Shift key a few extra times. Nah, I'm going with illiterate.

I do not have anyone on ignore, but my brain does have a tendency to regularly ignore some posters.

amazing80
11-19-2013, 06:30 PM

i agree, ive never seen a bigger apologist/blind supporter of a terrible head coach in my life....ill bet money he knows/is related to kubes...no other explanation

Rey
11-19-2013, 06:45 PM
Charlie made a good point about how some players are quick to call out fans, but you'll never hear them call out anybody making actual decisions or anyone that actually affects the outcome of the games.

Was Andre Johnson walking off the field essentially booing what was going on? Isn't that a players version of going "booooo!"...?????

Any of them going to call out Andre and tell him show support through thick and thin?

Anyone call out the people actually...you know...contributing to losing games?

Sounds like some posters here.

It's not the texans way. But it's ok, call out the fans all you want.

Double Barrel
11-19-2013, 07:08 PM
Maybe Ben Tate can go to a championship caliber team with a Hall of Fame QB so fans won't boo.

Oh...wait...

Patriots fans boo, Tom Brady struggles, where are the 6-2 Patriots headed? (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/patriots-fans-boo-tom-brady-struggles-where-6-154402245--nfl.html)

Broncos fans had every right to boo Sunday (http://cover32.com/broncos/2013/10/15/broncos-fans-had-every-right-to-boo-sunday/)

:thinking:

Thorn
11-19-2013, 07:15 PM
Anybody that wants to work for the public needs to realize they chose their own path. Sports, acting, politics, whatever, some folks are gonna boo you and some cheer you. Deal with it or get another job.

Jezzzz. Fricking crybaby rich millionaire sports players piss me off. And we're the ones that need to grow up. LOL

Dutchrudder
11-19-2013, 07:18 PM
Are people really THAT upset by booing? C'mon, that's ridiculous. Next thing you know they will tell us to stop throwing ice at them and threatening their kids. Buncha crybabies.

SchaubApologist
11-19-2013, 07:20 PM
Charlie made a good point about how some players are quick to call out fans, but you'll never hear them call out anybody making actual decisions or anyone that actually affects the outcome of the games.

Was Andre Johnson walking off the field essentially booing what was going on? Isn't that a players version of going "booooo!"...?????

Any of them going to call out Andre and tell him show support through thick and thin?

Anyone call out the people actually...you know...contributing to losing games?

Sounds like some posters here.

It's not the texans way. But it's ok, call out the fans all you want.

geez.. this is so true. calling out the fans is low hanging fruit.

i am sure they are as upset as the fans. no one is happy. crazy crazy year.

Make us happy, Bender!!!!! :bender::bender::bender::bender:

Norg
11-19-2013, 07:49 PM
Are people really THAT upset by booing? C'mon, that's ridiculous. Next thing you know they will tell us to stop throwing ice at them and threatening their kids. Buncha crybabies.

that shows Passion 2 do that so IDK

Someone like me I was at the game I was silent not caring most of the time that shows .......... I don't have has much passion has some other fans because I have become Null

CloakNNNdagger
11-19-2013, 08:57 PM
New comments by Tate:

Two days after Sunday’s 28-23 loss to the Oakland Raiders, Ben Tate clarified his post-game comments about “wishy-washy” fans. Tate was referring to a number of fans at Reliant Stadium who expressed their displeasure over the change at quarterback late in the game.

“Do we try to go out and win every week? Yeah, but booing is not going to help us win especially when you’re in our house and we are in our own place,” Tate said on the Verizon Players show on Texans Radio. “It’s so loud. We can’t hear the cadence. We’ve got guys jumping offsides in the red zone because some of the reasons why are that they can’t hear the cadence.”

In the fourth quarter, the fan reaction was loud enough to force the Texans’ offense to switch to a silent count. The noise level may have been the reason for two false start penalties by Brandon Brooks inside the red zone.

“I’m not saying it’s the fan’s fault that we lost the game at all,” Tate said. “We still have got to play the game. We lost because we didn’t get the job done.”

Tate maintains that his comments were not directed at the entire fan baselink (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Ben-Tate-clarifies-comments-regarding-Sundays-fans/78df7833-a81b-495e-92ae-8a122db68cd7)

Funny how flawlessly Case ran the silent cadence through the eardrum bursting Chiefs game.:kitten:

Hervoyel
11-19-2013, 08:57 PM

I know! That kid wasn't even that small!

Uncle Rico
11-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Such a depressing thread this turned into with a ton of tldr's, diatribes and Jerry McGuire manifestos.

What ive gathered: Tate is the devil, Case is a savior and the one that hurts me the most... Nobody will be buying Texans Tackle Crackle anytime soon.

chicagotexan2
11-19-2013, 10:27 PM
Such a depressing thread this turned into with a ton of tldr's, diatribes and Jerry McGuire manifestos.

What ive gathered: Tate is the devil, Case is a savior and the one that hurts me the most... Nobody will be buying Texans Tackle Crackle anytime soon.

Lets just all get behind Matt Schaub. The lousy play and interceptions for touchdowns were an anomaly. Since booing is hurting the teams feelings lets all hold hands and sing we are the world so we can turn this frown upside down.

Uncle Rico
11-19-2013, 10:37 PM
Lets just all get behind Matt Schaub. The lousy play and interceptions for touchdowns were an anomaly. Since booing is hurting the teams feelings lets all hold hands and sing we are the world so we can turn this frown upside down.

Kleenex and valium. Shhhh don't tell anyone. The sun will still rise tomorrow! Sucks that you can't take a game for what it is. Feel sorry for ya.

chicagotexan2
11-19-2013, 10:42 PM
Kleenex and valium. Shhhh don't tell anyone. The sun will still rise tomorrow! Sucks that you can't take a game for what it is. Feel sorry for ya.

What? This is just a game? What a relief. I feel better already.

TheMatrix31
11-19-2013, 10:52 PM
They're not upset that they're being booed. They're upset that fans are booing while they're on offense and it hinders their ability to conduct the offense well. It's not like they're doing so hot on offense to begin with so to make it more difficult is what they're taking exception to. Not that hard to understand.

Fans are free to boo and cheer as they wish, obviously, but booing while the team is on offense is a dumb thing to do.

chicagotexan2
11-19-2013, 11:08 PM
They're not upset that they're being booed. They're upset that fans are booing while they're on offense and it hinders their ability to conduct the offense well. It's not like they're doing so hot on offense to begin with so to make it more difficult is what they're taking exception to. Not that hard to understand.

Fans are free to boo and cheer as they wish, obviously, but booing while the team is on offense is a dumb thing to do.

The only thing harder to overcome than the home crowd booing the offense is being led by a QB with a propensity to eff up the offense. Booing a sorry decision to play a terrible QB is not dumb especially since the outcome is very likely to be another loss.

dalemurphy
11-20-2013, 12:57 AM
Anybody that wants to work for the public needs to realize they chose their own path. Sports, acting, politics, whatever, some folks are gonna boo you and some cheer you. Deal with it or get another job.

Jezzzz. Fricking crybaby rich millionaire sports players piss me off. And we're the ones that need to grow up. LOL

Yes, you are the crybaby. I did not read anything other than Tate expressing his opinion of the fans at the game. What is the problem with that? The man gave his opinion, responding to a question he was asked. He's a football player in his mid 20s(not exactly a rocket scientist). Who cares if he expressed displeasure about the team (actually his teammate) being booed by the fans? Of course he didn't like it and of course he made a judgment about those that engaged in it. He is a human. Don't you see the irony? I thought fans wanted players to be candid and honest.. Oh, I guess that's only if they say something the fans want to hear.

dalemurphy
11-20-2013, 01:00 AM
The only thing harder to overcome than the home crowd booing the offense is being led by a QB with a propensity to eff up the offense. Booing a sorry decision to play a terrible QB is not dumb especially since the outcome is very likely to be another loss.

Ironic, though, that the same fans who assert that the only thing that matters as fans is that their team wins are the same ones engaging in (or defending) an action that made winning less likely. Booing the offense in the fourth quarter when the game is still undecided defeats the very thing that is supposedly so important to you.

Dutchrudder
11-20-2013, 01:56 AM
Were they saying "boo" or "boo-urns"?

Norg
11-20-2013, 02:34 AM
I left after the third but was the booing really that loud LOL ..??????

to me these past few games the crowd has been pretty dead Offensive and defense

forget about getting like SUPER LOUD on DEF it seems like people don't even care anymore I don't blame them for a 2-8 team

but it didn't seem to loud to me IDK maybe its different on the field

the players must be pretty deaf if they cant hear anything while in the huddle or line

Uncle Rico
11-20-2013, 08:00 AM
Ironic, though, that the same fans who assert that the only thing that matters as fans is that their team wins are the same ones engaging in (or defending) an action that made winning less likely. Booing the offense in the fourth quarter when the game is still undecided defeats the very thing that is supposedly so important to you.

You can't talk sense to a lynch mob.

disaacks3
11-20-2013, 10:08 AM

What ive gathered: Tate is the devil, Case is a savior and the one that hurts me the most... Nobody will be buying Texans Tackle Crackle anytime soon. Wow, such stunning insight. You should look into a career as an analyst.

Kleenex and valium. Shhhh don't tell anyone. The sun will still rise tomorrow! Sucks that you can't take a game for what it is. Feel sorry for ya. Since you obviously haven't noticed, you're on a team FAN board. Might want to get your context right.

Fans are free to boo and cheer as they wish, obviously, but booing while the team is on offense is a dumb thing to do. In a vacuum, you'd be right. (Granted this team is sucking so hard right now it FEELS like a vacuum)

Yes, you are the crybaby. I did not read anything other than Tate expressing his opinion of the fans at the game. What is the problem with that? The man gave his opinion, responding to a question he was asked. He's a football player in his mid 20s(not exactly a rocket scientist). Who cares if he expressed displeasure about the team (actually his teammate) being booed by the fans? Of course he didn't like it and of course he made a judgment about those that engaged in it. He is a human. Don't you see the irony? I thought fans wanted players to be candid and honest.. Oh, I guess that's only if they say something the fans want to hear. Evidently Rico isn't the only one missing where he's posting.

Ironic, though, that the same fans who assert that the only thing that matters as fans is that their team wins are the same ones engaging in (or defending) an action that made winning less likely. Booing the offense in the fourth quarter when the game is still undecided defeats the very thing that is supposedly so important to you. You're making the assumption that putting in Schaub makes a win likely at all.

You can't talk sense to a lynch mob. Nor to the obtuse either.

Dutchrudder
11-20-2013, 10:14 AM
I'm totally onboard with booing the team if it means they lose more games. This team is a dumpster fire, and needs to continue burning to the ground. Nearly everyone in a position of authority deserves to lose their jobs, Rick Smith, Chris Olsen, Gary Kubiak, Wade Smith, Rick Dennison, Joe Marciano, Vance Joseph, John Benton and Karl Dorrell. The only people I would keep around for the next regime are Bill Kollar, Jeff Zygnonia and Brian Pariani.

So please, keep up the good work fans, the only thing that will right this ship is a full capsizing. Do what you can to help us lose to the Jags, and put us in position to dump the captain of this Titanic failure of a team.

Uncle Rico
11-20-2013, 10:18 AM
Lol guy wants insight when this thread turned into a dick measuring contest between "real" fans and Koob loyalists.

Funny then someone tries to lighten the mood and dude gets more irate! Lol who's obtuse? If anyone is insensitive and slow to understand it sure isn't those that have the teams best interest in mind and not some mob mentality to serve their own interests, get off your high horse and lighten up. Good grief.

disaacks3
11-20-2013, 10:20 AM
Lol guy wants insight when this thread turned into a dick measuring contest between "real" fans and Koob loyalists.

Funny then someone tries to lighten the mood and dude gets more irate! Lol who's obtuse? If anyone is insensitive and slow to understand it sure isn't those that have the teams best interest in mind and not some mob mentality to serve their own interests, get off your high horse and lighten up. Good grief. Lighten the mood or stoke the fire? I'm sticking with obtuse.

Uncle Rico
11-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Riiiigght. Like the 'come hell or high water' sentiment will really create a positive change within the organization and fan base. SMH.

Rey
11-20-2013, 10:23 AM

So you want the fans to hold off booing until the offense leaves the field even though the reason they were booing was offensive related?

Maybe boo in between snaps?

disaacks3
11-20-2013, 10:31 AM
Riiiigght. Like the 'come hell or high water' sentiment will really create a positive change within the organization and fan base. SMH. Kubiak went "all in" when he pulled a non-injured Keenum. It didn't pay off and all the whining and wailing by the players over a dumb decision getting booed is directly related.

Ultimately, the fan 'sentiment' is EXACTLY what gets Kubiak canned.

That's a positive change I can believe in.

:koolaid:

chicagotexan2
11-20-2013, 10:32 AM

There is nothing that makes winning less likely than putting Matt Schuab in at QB. That is an act that you are defending. You can say the outcome was still undecided, but the outcome when Schaub is in (this year more than any other) is bleak at best. Booing the offense did less to help lose the game than Schaub being unable to lead a TD drive when it mattered most. The last throw in the endzone was the triple coverage. Defend Schaub and Kubiaks decision to play him all you want. I've seen enough to know for sure that Schaub is not a good QB. Now I want to see if Keenum can get the job done so the team can prepare for next season.

Uncle Rico
11-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Kubiak went "all in" when he pulled a non-injured Keenum. It didn't pay off and all the whining and wailing by the players over a dumb decision getting booed is directly related.

Ultimately, the fan 'sentiment' is EXACTLY what gets Kubiak canned.

That's a positive change I can believe in.

:koolaid:

Until the next coach and batch of players piss the bed. Revolving door. So many grumpy people, maybe McNair should pack up and head to LA, then some of you might be able to find peace again.

dalemurphy
11-20-2013, 10:47 AM
There is nothing that makes winning less likely than putting Matt Schuab in at QB. That is an act that you are defending. You can say the outcome was still undecided, but the outcome when Schaub is in (this year more than any other) is bleak at best. Booing the offense did less to help lose the game than Schaub being unable to lead a TD drive when it mattered most. The last throw in the endzone was the triple coverage. Defend Schaub and Kubiaks decision to play him all you want. I've seen enough to know for sure that Schaub is not a good QB. Now I want to see if Keenum can get the job done so the team can prepare for next season.

But, schaub was in the game... That was out of the fans control... So, at that point, does the team have a better chance of winning if the crowd is quiet on offense and disruptive when Oakland is on offense? Of course! But fans cared more about expressing their anger at Matt schaub than the texans winning that game.

I am not making a judgment on that, other than to highlight the hypocrisy of those who act like winning is all that matters.

In 2005, I was booing in the stands and cared more about organizational change than about the texans winning. So, I get that... Just don't bookend that behavior with diatribes about winning being more important than character and about being entitled to root for a championship team. Nobody is "entitled" as a spectator for that outcome... And certainly not those people that actively work against the winning interest of the team as they did on Sunday.

dalemurphy
11-20-2013, 10:51 AM
Until the next coach and batch of players piss the bed. Revolving door. So many grumpy people, maybe McNair should pack up and head to LA, then some of you might be able to find peace again.

I know! They act as if Kubiak's failures are malicious and pointed attacks against them.

Then, I'm called a Kubiak apologist for reminding them that he is human and is not involved in a conspiracy to ruin their Sundays.

Rey
11-20-2013, 11:04 AM

That's weak dale.

You're not living in reality. Fans want a successful team. We want to see competent people in charge making good decisions. That's what you're paying for.

Everyone knows this season is toast. So the future is now what this is all about. Schaub has no future here. I want the team to win, but I don't want them to jeorpardizevthe future in order to do it given the current state of this team.

And put yourself in the stadium at that moment. No one knows kubiak's bull **** reason for going to Schaub yet. He hasn't spoken to the media. Kubiak made comments about how Schaub was pushing to start again. There are probably quite a few people there just to see what keenum is doing. And then you pull him and trot Schaub out. It looks like kubiak is pulling keenum and inserting Schaub as the guy again. That is where the boos came from. The season just became even more pointless.

Let's be real here. Most fans probably would rather lose with keenum than win with Schaub at this point. Really the only people still defending the organization are people like yourself that swore up and down that these guys were the answer.