PDA

View Full Version : It was over when...

TexansSeminole
11-17-2013, 04:46 PM
I know I am probably in the minority that thought, prior to the Raiders game, that this current staff could potentially still make it work. Not this season, but potentially in future seasons. I knew Wade was done, but not Kubiak. I was swaying toward "he can't get this done" prior to the Raiders game, but I wasn't all the way there yet. I had questioned a lot of what Kubiak had done over the years. His staff hires have been underwhelming to say the least. He has had clock management issues from time to time, play calling issues as well. But I always liked his offensive scheme. I know now that I put too much value in that scheme.

I felt the same way about Rick Smith, mostly due to some of the plus draft choices he had made and the Antonio Smith signing, until probably this past offseason. I was very much against not resigning Quin and trying to replace him with two guys, a rookie and an old veteran. I knew that our RT situation was going to be concerning, but didn't know it would be quite this bad. The cap situation we had to endure was probably the most worrying. I started to question his ability as a GM right around that time.

I knew Kubiak and his handpicked GM and coaches were done the moment Kubiak put Schaub back in today. It has been clear that the team was sparked by what Keenum brought to the fold. He had his struggles against the blitz and in second half of games, but it was clear that they believed in him more than they believed in Schuab. They were ignited by his playmaking ability. It was obviously true for Andre Johnson given some of his statements and the way he had seemingly enjoyed playing when Keenum was on the field. The decision to put Schaub back in just killed the locker room completely. Kubiak just put a guy in that the rest of the team didn't want in and didn't believe in. They can never take him seriously again. Andre walking off the field just reinforced it for me. I knew then that everyone was thinking the same thing, even the players. I don't think Andre was just walking away from Schaub, but he was also walking away from what had just transpired. I think it really got to him.

That's when I truly knew that this FO was done. I was probably later than most in realizing this.

What about you? When did you know, for sure, that this thing was over and done with?

EllisUnit
11-17-2013, 04:50 PM
I know I am probably in the minority that thought, prior to the Raiders game, that this current staff could potentially still make it work. Not this season, but potentially in future seasons. I was swaying toward "they can't get this done" prior to the Raiders game, but I wasn't all the way there yet. I had questioned a lot of what Kubiak had done over the years. His staff hires have been underwhelming to say the least. He has had clock management issues from time to time, play calling issues as well. But I always liked his offensive scheme. I know now that I put too much value in that scheme.

I felt the same way about Rick Smith, mostly due to some of the plus draft choices he had made and the Antonio Smith signing, until probably this past offseason. I was very much against not resigning Quin and trying to replace him with two guys, a rookie and an old veteran. I knew that our RT situation was going to be concerning, but didn't know it would be quite this bad. The cap situation we had to endure was probably the most concerning. I started to question his ability as a GM right around that time.

I knew Kubiak and his handpicked GM and coaches were done the moment Kubiak put Schaub back in today. It has been clear that the team was sparked by what Keenum brought to the fold. He had his struggles against the blitz and in second half of games, but it was clear that they believed in him more than they believed in Schuab. They were ignited by his playmaking ability. It was obviously true for Andre Johnson given some of his statements and the way he had seemingly enjoyed playing when Keenum when on the field. The decision to put Schaub back in just killed the locker room completely. Kubiak just put a guy in that the rest of the team didn't want in and didn't believe in. They can never take him seriously again.

That's when I truly knew that this FO was done. I was probably later than most in realizing this.

What about you? When did you know, for sure, that this thing was over and done with?

I knew it was over when we came back from commercial and saw #8 standing in the huddle and not on the bench. Thats when i lost all faith in Kubiak, didnt want him gone before. But i want that dumb ass gone now.

WolverineFan
11-17-2013, 04:51 PM
I thought they were done years ago. Too bad McNair doesn't care enough to see it.

Honestly though, I knew they were done when FO starting throwing the coaches under the bus earlier this week. They know it's going to get ugly this offseason and are in survival mode.

Rey
11-17-2013, 04:54 PM
I've gone back and forth over kubiak. But this is inexcusable. I don't trust him do do anything but come up short or completely suck.

NastyNate
11-17-2013, 04:55 PM
You didn't think it was over when we got blown out by St. Louis?

Thorn
11-17-2013, 04:58 PM
You know, I really thought they would win today. I really did. Now I don't know what to expect from Jacksonville next week. Are we really so bad we will lose to Jacksonville? The thought is horrifying.

TheMatrix31
11-17-2013, 05:06 PM
It was over when Ben Tate fumbled against Seattle. That set the wheels in motion for that game's collapse, Matt Schaub's collapse, and the subsequent collapse of the 2013 Houston Texans.

phantom17
11-17-2013, 05:08 PM
You know, I really thought they would win today. I really did. Now I don't know what to expect from Jacksonville next week. Are we really so bad we will lose to Jacksonville? The thought is horrifying.

I would not be surprise if the Jags beat us! Maybe it's for the best if it can get Kubiak fired!:vincepalm:

Corrosion
11-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Considering Im now with the majority & feel Kubiak has to go .... and have been probably his biggest supporter at least here on TT .... Its done & over.

I can look at the #1 defense & a top 10 offense in terms of yards .... and think its not his fault , he's not fumbling or throwing INT's .... but when he creates a QB controversy where there was none ....Im done.

(Im sure this will come as one hell of a shock to some of you)

Gimmie some pink soap.

Seegara
11-17-2013, 05:18 PM
I think Keenum is as good as he's going to get. It turns out he isn't the answer, he just looks good in comparison to Schaub. Tank the season and draft a QB 1st.

Tarkanian was a pleasant surprise today.

Carr Bombed
11-17-2013, 05:19 PM

The Colts got taken to the woodshed by the Rams.. so no. Even though I knew he was done before then.. the Rams loss had nothing to do with it. Fisher is a good coach who's turning that team around and it's obvious he knows his old divisional opponents.

I knew Kubiak was done when he made the same mistake twice.. we fell victim to the F.O.G.'s once before and then McNair had to force his hand and bring in Wade.. Then he did the same **** with our STs coach.. fell victim of F.O.G. again.. He did not learn from his previous mistake, that's when I knew it was over. You might as well now add Schaub to the F.O.G. list as well.

Gary Kubiak is a complete dumbass. and after what he pulled today, it's clear he's a selfish dumbass who only cares about saving his own skin and the skin of his "F.O.Gs". Kubiak has zero interest in developing a young QB, because it doesn't fit his or his F.O.G.s window or their self serving/self preservation interests..

**** Gary Kubiak.. And the next person who tells me he's a QB guru needs to shut it, because I've never seen a QB take over a team and show as much promise on a team that was going nowhere be given such a short leash. This season reached a point where it became obvious that this season was about developing a QB.. and the "QB guru" benched him solely for a last ditch effort to save his own skin and his friends. Get this loser the hell out of here.

LonerATO
11-17-2013, 05:19 PM
I thought they were done years ago. Too bad McNair doesn't care enough to see it.

Honestly though, I knew they were done when FO starting throwing the coaches under the bus earlier this week. They know it's going to get ugly this offseason and are in survival mode.

What I see, is that McNair doesn't view Kubiak as someone he employees but as someone who is a friend and you cannot befriend your employees in any business.

phantom17
11-17-2013, 05:23 PM
The Texans - The Art of Losing because of Sucking!:gun:

ATXtexanfan
11-17-2013, 05:25 PM

Ravens game did it for me

Carr Bombed
11-17-2013, 05:25 PM
I think Keenum is as good as he's going to get. It turns out he isn't the answer, he just looks good in comparison to Schaub. Tank the season and draft a QB 1st.

Keenum has had zero running game, crap Oline play, and inconsistent coaching, and he's only played 3 1/2 games as a starter.

To say he's maxed out his potential is absolutely crazy.. There isn't a whole lot of rookies that would find any level of success under this complete dysfunctional albatross of a team/regime.

However I feel that Kubiak sealed Keenum's fate here today.. But he'll land on his feet. there's enough tape on him and a coach that has patience and cache will pick him up and finish developing him, which Kubiak should've been concentrated on... instead of just saving his own skin. QB Guru my ass.

Carr Bombed
11-17-2013, 05:27 PM
I would not be surprise if the Jags beat us! Maybe it's for the best if it can get Kubiak fired!:vincepalm:

Kubiak is already fired..

aussie_texan
11-17-2013, 05:28 PM
I knew it was over when we came back from commercial and saw #8 standing in the huddle and not on the bench. Thats when i lost all faith in Kubiak, didnt want him gone before. But i want that dumb ass gone now.

i feel exactly the same. i was saying to give him next year, his last year of is contract and see what happens maybe they can turn it around. But seeing schaub out there sealed it for me that kubiak has to go.

TexansSeminole
11-17-2013, 05:30 PM

Prior to this game, I would have never truly believed that.

But after this game, I think that this statement is actually true. I just can't imagine McNair keeping Kubiak after this debacle.

i feel exactly the same. i was saying to give him next year, his last year of is contract and see what happens maybe they can turn it around. But seeing schaub out there sealed it for me that kubiak has to go.

I think a lot of people had the opinion of "Kubiak has to go" prior to this game, but this game makes me actually believe that he is gone.

Malloy
11-17-2013, 05:32 PM

I'm the same boat. Critical for sure, but that Whole putting Schaub in, that was the last nail in the coffin. Not only did he lose me, he lost the team...

Hopefully he lost the owner too...

Mr. Texan
11-17-2013, 05:37 PM
it was over when they came out in those stupid lettermans for that patriots game :)

http://wp.streetwise.co/wp-content/uploads//2013/07/houston-texans-letterman-jacket.jpg

Surreal McCoy
11-17-2013, 05:47 PM
It was over when...

The NFL granted our franchise. Don't get me wrong, I love rooting for them, but I don't expect anything other than what we've had so far. A couple of decent/good seasons mixed in with several mediocre ones. Think about this, divide the total number of major championships this city has by the total number of seasons played in each major sport. And no, MLS and WNBA doesn't count...

Mr. Texan
11-17-2013, 05:50 PM
The NFL granted our franchise. Don't get me wrong, I love rooting for them, but I don't expect anything other than what we've had so far. A couple of decent/good seasons mixed in with several mediocre ones. Think about this, divide the total number of major championships this city has by the total number of seasons played in each major sport. And no, MLS and WNBA doesn't count...

i've always said, without hakeem, houston would basically be cleveland when it comes to sports.

kingtexan
11-17-2013, 05:50 PM
It may have been over when McNair decided to buy a franchise for Houston.

Seriously. I have been a life-long Oiler, and then Texan fan, and this is getting ridiculous. It seems this town is truly cursed. I dont believe in curses, but am starting to re-think my stance.

Think I will just remember the excitement and joy I felt for two years celebrating out in the streets after the Rockets won, and hope my kids one day get to move to a city that gets to enjoy more sports success.

Depressing to be a sports fan in H-Town.

phantom17
11-17-2013, 06:12 PM

Seriously. I have been a life-long Oiler, and then Texan fan, and this is getting ridiculous. It seems this town is truly cursed. I dont believe in curses, but am starting to re-think my stance.

Think I will just remember the excitement and joy I felt for two years celebrating out in the streets after the Rockets won, and hope my kids one day get to move to a city that gets to enjoy more sports success.

Yup! I feel the same way! I have been a Houston sports fan of the Rockets, Oilers, & Astros since 1981, & I have seen ALOT of bad times!:vincepalm:

SchaubApologist
11-17-2013, 06:19 PM

yep... i think today buried rick smith as well.

HTown2ATX
11-17-2013, 06:27 PM
And no, MLS and WNBA doesn't count...

Just curious why MLS would not count? It's light years ahead of WNBA unless you are letting any personal negative feelings about soccer cloud your judgment. So I think it's a little disingenuous to straight write it off but I can still see your point to a degree, I guess.

I agree with your overall sentiment though aside from the error on MLS.

Uncle Rico
11-17-2013, 06:29 PM
yep... i think today buried rick smith as well.

No way. Rick Smith is McNairs adopted son and can do no wrong.

amazing80
11-17-2013, 06:29 PM
it was over when we extended kubes contract

Mr. Texan
11-17-2013, 06:30 PM
Just curious why MLS would not count? It's light years ahead of WNBA unless you are letting any personal negative feelings about soccer cloud your judgment. So I think it's a little disingenuous to straight write it off but I can still see your point to a degree, I guess.

TBH i'd take 1 Super Bowl/NBA Championship/World Series over 10 straight MLS championships :)

Carr Bombed
11-17-2013, 06:41 PM

Nonsense.. nothing was over when we were given a team and the Rockets nor the Astros (or the Oilers) failures have anything to do with this franchise.

If I was going to lay blame somewhere for our city's sports teams failure, it falls upon the coddling of our local media. For being such a big city our local media coddles the crap out of these teams and then fans wonder why there isn't any accountability. :vincepalm: (Anybody who was every stationed up north or lives elsewhere knows exactly what I'm talking about, Houston is the biggest small city in America) If this was NY, the problems and issues that made Andre walk off the field would've been exposed last season. This crap would've already came to a head and no way in hell would've Kubiak been allowed to skate on 8 years of mediocrity.

These problems have nothing to so with the NFL giving us our team back.. it has to do with accountability and there simply no sense of accountability.. from the Owner, to the G.M., to the coach, to the players,... and from those that report on the team. The only people who demand it are the fans who are held at gun point to support the team or their scared of losing their team.

Kudos to Andre Johnson though.. the national media can say whatever the hell they want about him tonight, but he held people accountable (which was long overdue) and people took notice. He pretty much walked silently and swung the big stick that signed the fate of Kubiak and Schaub tonight... Kubiak is now a lame duck head coach and he might as well pack away his sock puppet (Schaub) with him as he heads out of town.

Surreal McCoy
11-17-2013, 06:48 PM

Has nothing to do with negative feelings about soccer - I love the game and attend matches on a regular basis. The MLS however, is not even Triple A when it comes to football/soccer league quality. It's not even Div I-AA. Gonna take some time before it gets there.

TexansBull
11-17-2013, 06:50 PM

I dont see how you can come to that conclusion from a player that has only played 3.5 games.

Can you be more specific of what Case has done that shows he reached his cieling?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Surreal McCoy
11-17-2013, 06:51 PM
Kudos to Andre Johnson though.. the national media can say whatever the hell they want about him tonight, but he held people accountable (which was long overdue) and people took notice....

And then he promptly admitted, repeatedly, that the last play was his fault. I want to stress he said that repeatedly of his own volition.

amazing80
11-17-2013, 06:53 PM
And then he promptly admitted, repeatedly, that the last play was his fault. I want to stress he said that repeatedly of his own volition.

yea, what was he gonna say?

yea um, matt sucks. he cant throw an accurate pass to save his life. why was case even pulled?

no he did what a great team mate does, took blame. the words on the sidelines show the truth....when dre yells, he means business

Carr Bombed
11-17-2013, 06:54 PM
No way. Rick Smith is McNair's adopted son and can do no wrong.

I don't know why people keep making posts like this. McNair is stubborn to a fault and has a lot of patience, but once he's done, he's done..

It goes back to the old saying.

"don't take my kindness for a sign of weakness".

McNair is too patient.. and our patience (fans) runs out before his does (as it takes him too long to recognize what needs to be fixed), but once he sees the writing on the wall he will act and he will fire Rick Smith.. Gary and Rick Smith were married when they came in and they'll leave together. They took their vows.. Till death do them part and one is already terminally ill.

Surreal McCoy
11-17-2013, 07:02 PM
yea, what was he gonna say?

yea um, matt sucks. he cant throw an accurate pass to save his life. why was case even pulled?

no he did what a great team mate does, took blame. the words on the sidelines show the truth....when dre yells, he means business

Nope, He saw the film and realised he was wrong to not continue his route and pull up like he did. Then he was man enough to admit it because he's got integrity.

And sorry, but you can't have it both ways, with him calling Schaub out then 'defending him' a moment later. He could've easily not said a thing and got his point across if he truly felt that way.

Carr Bombed
11-17-2013, 07:04 PM

It didn't have crap to do with the last play.. his reaction didn't have anything to do with how he screwed up on the last play, that is not why he was pissed off.

He was pissed off, because a QB came at him who has been screwing up on multiple important game changing plays that have cost this team wins all season and then that same QB wanted to come at him.

Andre punked him and Kubiak. Both of these idiots have made multiple mistakes throughout the season (years actually) and then Schaub has the gall to get in Andre's face? LMAO. Same thing with Kubiak.

Andre can blow a play as he's come through in the clutch so many more times.. When you set a NFL record for pick 6's, make multiple costly mistakes, and lose your job to a UDFA... don't jump in my face when I make a mistake. Screw Schaub and Kubiak.. I wish somebody would photoshop a brokeback mountain pick of them.. , because they don't know how to quit each other. :rolleyes:

amazing80
11-17-2013, 07:04 PM
Nope, He saw the film and realised he was wrong to not continue his route and pull up like he did. Then he was man enough to admit it because he's got integrity.

And sorry, but you can't have it both ways, with him calling Schaub out then 'defending him' a moment later. He could've easily not said a thing and got his point across if he truly felt that way.

he said the same thing when he beat finnegan. apologized and took blame. its what he does...hes nice to a fault. show me a replay of the play and explain to me why schaub shouldve throw it there

Surreal McCoy
11-17-2013, 07:06 PM
he said the same thing when he beat finnegan. apologized and took blame. its what he does...hes nice to a fault. show me a replay of the play and explain to me why schaub shouldve throw it there

Dre pulled up instead of continuing his route into the open space between the zones. Schaub was expecting him to continue running in the same direction, not stop. Doesnt' mean Schaub is suddenly not crap. It does mean in this one instance, Schaub was right, Dre was wrong, and Dre was man enough to admit it. That's all...

amazing80
11-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Dre pulled up instead of continuing his route into the open space between the zones. Schaub was expecting him to continue running in the same direction, not stop. Doesnt' mean Schaub is suddenly not crap. It does mean in this one instance, Schaub was right, Dre was wrong, and Dre was man enough to admit it. That's all...

ill wait to see replay of this before ill agree dre stopped....

Grams
11-17-2013, 07:12 PM
It has been over since the bye week last year. This team has not been the same.

thunderkyss
11-17-2013, 07:16 PM
I knew Kubiak and his handpicked GM and coaches were done the moment Kubiak put Schaub back in today. It has been clear that the team was sparked by what Keenum brought to the fold. He had his struggles against the blitz and in second half of games, but it was clear that they believed in him more than they believed in Schuab.

When I heard Schaub was in the game (had to leave early to go to work) I knew they had better win, or Kubiak was done.

I don't believe there was a spark. Because I don't believe the team laid down on Schaub. They laid down on Kubiak & Wade & everybody else that looks like a coach. They didn't care that Wade lost his daddy & they didn't care that Kubiak suffered a mild stroke. They would have won if they had. Bottom line, may sound cold, but that's the way it is.

People didn't like Al Davis, but when he died the Raiders found a way to beat a much better team. We couldn't beat the Rams. We can't pick up 3rd & 1. We can't pick up 4th & 1.

This team was on a 7 game losing streak, they're at the goal line (damn near) & they can't pick up 3rd & 1? With 7 offensive linemen in the game. They lose a yard.

The Raiders had nothing to play for, nothing but pride. They know they're not a very good team, but they're not the worse. They know there's at least one team in the league worse than they are.

The only spark Keenum lit was on Andre Johnson... the rest of the team couldn't have cared less.

thunderkyss
11-17-2013, 07:20 PM
What I see, is that McNair doesn't view Kubiak as someone he employees but as someone who is a friend and you cannot befriend your employees in any business.

You don't become a billionaire without selling out a few friends. That's why I'm broke.

Mr teX
11-17-2013, 07:21 PM
When it was over?

Probably when Swearinger got trucked by Jennings on his way to that long rushing TD for their 28th pt of the game....for a guy who prides himself on his hitting, the ether he recieved on that play has to be burning reeeaaaalll slow.:wadepalm:

amazing80
11-17-2013, 07:24 PM
When it was over?

Probably when Swearinger got trucked by Jennings on his way to that long rushing TD for their 28th pt of the game....for a guy who prides himself on his hitting, the ether he recieved on that play has to be burning reeeaaaalll slow.:wadepalm:

ugh i had wiped that out of my memory.....damn it lol

Txn_in_Oki
11-17-2013, 07:27 PM
it was over when they came out in those stupid lettermans for that patriots game :)

http://wp.streetwise.co/wp-content/uploads//2013/07/houston-texans-letterman-jacket.jpg

That's one of the most embarassing things I've ever experienced as a Houston fan, to include the Oiler years. Absolute joke.

Carr Bombed
11-17-2013, 07:30 PM
Dre pulled up instead of continuing his route into the open space between the zones. Schaub was expecting him to continue running in the same direction, not stop. Doesn't' mean Schaub is suddenly not crap. It does mean in this one instance, Schaub was right, Dre was wrong, and Dre was man enough to admit it. That's all...

Which had nothing to do with the argument that took place. Both players have screwed up, the screw up wasn't the reason for the blow up.

Dre knew he was wrong.. as did Schaub.

Like Schaub knew he screwed up earlier in the season (multiple times)... as did Dre.

One player decided to get pissed and confront a player when he screwed up when the other player (who never blamed his QB for his mistakes) finally got pissed off at the lack of accountability from his own QB and walked off the field. When you point a finger you have 4 pointing back at you.. In Schaub's case.. 4 pick 6's pointing back in his direction :rolleyes: He's the last guy who needs to be barking

EllisUnit
11-17-2013, 07:31 PM
Which had nothing to do with the argument that took place. Both players have screwed up, the screw up wasn't the reason for the blow up.

Like Schaub knew he screwed up earlier in the season... as did Dre.

One player decided to get pissed and confront a player when he screwed up when the other player (who never blamed his QB for his mistakes) finally got pissed of at the lack of accountability and walked off the field.

Only difference is when schaub screwed up he always said "we" not "I" like case or AJ

Surreal McCoy
11-17-2013, 07:49 PM

Like Schaub knew he screwed up earlier in the season (multiple times)... as did Dre.

One player decided to get pissed and confront a player when he screwed up when the other player (who never blamed his QB for his mistakes) finally got pissed off at the lack of accountability from his own QB and walked off the field. When you point a finger you have 4 pointing back at you.. In Schaub's case.. 4 pick 6's pointing back in his direction :rolleyes: He's the last guy who needs to be barking

Dre was responding to a question about the last play. FFS.

Tolar's Ghost
11-17-2013, 07:55 PM

Clear, concise, accurate: Best summation of all of today's posts.

The ghosts of my editors, and even my journalism profs, heartily approve.

Tolar's Ghost
11-17-2013, 07:56 PM
...without hakeem, houston would basically be cleveland when it comes to sports.

And thank God that Jordan took a hiatus.

Carr Bombed
11-17-2013, 08:24 PM
Dre was responding to a question about the last play. FFS.

Yeah, I know. I've mentioned it MANY times before, but his response on the field didn't have crap to do with that question.

I heard the question he was responding to (how many times do I have to mention that), but that's not why he blew up. FFS. that was not the reason why he walked off the field and had it with Schaub. :rolleyes:

texanhead08
11-17-2013, 08:26 PM

I expect it to happen and I have said since the Rams game that I could see them losing out.

MEGA SWATT
11-17-2013, 08:59 PM
I knew it was over when the Texans made ZERO effort to go after Peyton Manning.

Kubiak simply joked to MS that he was going to meet with PM at the airport. Bet he wishes it was not a joke.

Nawzer
11-17-2013, 09:10 PM
Never thought he was the guy who was going to lead us to the promise land. I thought of him as guy who righted the ship but someone else was going to get the team over the hump. Unfortunately, I've been proven right and he should have been let go couple of years ago.

thunderkyss
11-17-2013, 09:26 PM
One player decided to get pissed and confront a player when he screwed up when the other player (who never blamed his QB for his mistakes) finally got pissed off at the lack of accountability from his own QB and walked off the field.

Matt was trying to be a leader.

Lucky
11-17-2013, 09:27 PM
It was over when Ben Tate fumbled against Seattle. That set the wheels in motion for that game's collapse, Matt Schaub's collapse, and the subsequent collapse of the 2013 Houston Texans.
LMAO.
So it's the geographical location of the team? Not surprisingly, you take the lead over the Matrix.
He's the last guy who needs to be barking
You could see Schaub on the sideline trying to look like a leader and the players just ignoring him. He's a joke and so is his coach.

nut
11-17-2013, 09:29 PM
It was over when Kubiak was hired. I have never seen a more dysfunctional football team & he is to blame.

hradhak
11-17-2013, 09:32 PM
Never thought he was the guy who was going to lead us to the promise land. I thought of him as guy who righted the ship but someone else was going to get the team over the hump. Unfortunately, I've been proven right and he should have been let go couple of years ago.

I genuinely thought pre-Lisfranc that Schaub was good enough to get us there assuming our defense looked as good as it did that year. Schaub was the game manager and for some reason I bought that BS.

FWIW I think Kubiak is a good offensive schemer. He just doesn't know enough about the defense and special teams to be a good head coach. He also doesn't makes adjustments on the fly fast enough.

Schaub has been in this league largely because he could thrive in a Kubiak system. He will likely get picked up somewhere and so will Kubiak as an OC. But there days here are done and they couldn't come fast enough.

tvaughan
11-17-2013, 09:36 PM
Kubiak lost me today. I've never wanted him gone and always thought he could fix it with just a few more pieces and luck with injuries.

When he put Schaub back in I knew he lost the team and the fan base and there was no going back. He was done. I still don't understand it. Just no upside. None. Even winning would have come with a tremendous cost.

This era of Texans football is done.

mike moffat
11-17-2013, 10:13 PM

I couldn't agree more. I started in 1975 and have been so disappointed in so many ways. The 2 years of Rocket fame was all that Houston could muster. I really feel for all sports fans in Houston.

Hell, I'm now living in California and still bleed Houston pride. I take a lot of crap for it and just have to laugh it off.

Today has to be one of the low points though. Kubiak and Schaub need to be out of town by mid-week.