PDA

View Full Version : Oakland Raiders @ Houston Texans. 11/17. Noon. CBS. **Official Game Thread**

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

chicagotexan2
11-17-2013, 03:34 PM
damn. AJ quit.

No Kubiak quit when he put that bumb back at QB. No one has faith in Schaub and they shouldn't.

Dutchrudder
We need Nitrogsx to lip read that exchange between Schaub and AJ

PapaL
Looks like Schaub said why'd you stop?

buffalo2269
Kubrick left occupational therapy to soon

TexansBull
Lost locker room just went atomic.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

htownfan32

This is what I saw as well.

TheMatrix31
Don't blame Andre Johnson in the least.

buffalo2269
This looks horrible

Wolf
11-17-2013, 03:35 PM
Team is just ......I got no words

nut
dre needs to go Finnegan on schaub

WolverineFan
Oh yeah, starting Schaub definitely affects the future. Starting case does too, but now we don't know if case was going to get better. Oh well, whatever. QB is now definitely a priority in the draft for anyone with lingering thoughts like myself hoping it wouldn't be.

I don't believe Schaub was really needed. Would havecrather stuck eith case. But whatever.

I'm not saying I want Schaub as the starter the rest of the year. That obviously affects the future. What I was trying to say is that inserting Schaub in this game was the best thing for the team to win. Case has done nothing in the 2nd half in 4 games. Schaub led us to yards away from a win.

My point about the future was that if you think Schaub starting the rest of the season means McNair is going to keep Kubiak around then you are deluding yourself. Keenum's development is the only thing that could keep Kubiak around.

ziggy29
11-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Team is just ......I got no words

The dumpster fire just went to four alarms.

gtexan02
Dont forget AJ vouched for Ed Reed too

He is pissed

Rey
Really Schaub? You gonna ***** at Dre?

Lmao!!! You picked 6 the season away. You get a little action and you want to chew Dre off when he's coming off the field.

It shows the mindset that kubiak has I tilled in this team. It shows that Schaub is not being held accountable for his massive **** ups.

HouTx11
Glad Texans lost, they needed to lose. Dang it Bullock, you almost made the Texans win!!!:runaway:

buffalo2269
I expected Schaub to throw an INT on that last play, so the Raiders dropping it just saves Schaub's stat line.

Need Nitro to give us the lip reading for the AJ-Schaub exchange.

That should have been an interception

Uncle Rico
Marcus Mariota here we come!

msbbc833
Yea I agree AJ's last words were "****ing mouth" probably said shut your ****ing mouth

burro
11-17-2013, 03:37 PM
It looked like Andre was trying to talk to Schaub (presumably about what just happened) and Schaub yells "STOP" and AJ gets pissed and walks away.

I could be a mile off...

bckey
Its on Kubiak. He created this entire mess.

nut
fire these choking losers now and put schaub on special teams as a gunner.

Uncle Rico
11-17-2013, 03:38 PM

Im sure he'll use those exact words at the presser.

tedr

This.

htownfan32
This board is gonna be insufferable for the next few days. I'm gonna hide out in the NSZ, where it's quieter (can't believe I just said that lol).

thetexanator
It looked like Andre was trying to talk to Schaub (presumably about what just happened) and Schaub yells "STOP" and AJ gets pissed and walks away.

I could be a mile off...

think your a mile off.
looked like schaub was trying to blame aj, like why did you stop. then aj said something and while turning said shut your fing mouth. lol.

Thorn
11-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Schaub goes golfing after the game.

http://chivethethrottle.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/funny-car-crashes-4.jpg

A time to chill
I hope I watch Sportscenter tonight and see the following:

"Breaking News: Kubiak fired in Houston"

McNair just needs to end this now.

ChrisG
This board is gonna be insufferable for the next few days. I'm gonna hide out in the NSZ, where it's quieter (can't believe I just said that lol).

Probably be quieter and more civil there lol

JCTexan
11-17-2013, 03:40 PM

I hope so...

buffalo2269
Press Conference: Why did you play Matt Schuab today? Kubiak: he is on my fantasy team

chicagotexan2
Dear Matt schmuck,

If the ankle injury didn't end your season an Andre Johnson upper cut will end it for sure. Shut your mouth and beg his forgiveness.

legacy_gt
I'm not saying I want Schaub as the starter the rest of the year. That obviously affects the future. What I was trying to say is that inserting Schaub in this game was the best thing for the team to win. Case has done nothing in the 2nd half in 4 games. Schaub led us to yards away from a win.

My point about the future was that if you think Schaub starting the rest of the season means McNair is going to keep Kubiak around then you are deluding yourself. Keenum's development is the only thing that could keep Kubiak around.

Schaub didn't score a TD and Texans lose. End of story. Schaub didn't do anything at the end of the day.

Rey

There are a lot if things this team could have done differently to win games over kubiaks tenure. We could have taken Schaub out if some of the games he's pissed away if it was about giving us the best chance to win. Anytime a defense had to adjust to a different qb during a game the offense possibly gains an edge.

But do you really think kubiak was going to insert Schaub and not start him the next game.

Unless orders come from the very top, expect kubiak to go with Schaub.

bOODRO87
11-17-2013, 03:41 PM
I passed out for a bit then woke up to Schaub having a chance to take the lead. I'm glad he didn't. Neither Schaub or Kubiak deserve any redemption. I'm going to buy an expensive pack of beer to celebrate when those two clowns are gone.

otisbean
There are a lot if things this team could have done differently to win games over kubiaks tenure. We could have taken Schaub out if some of the games he's pissed away if it was about giving us the best chance to win. Anytime a defense had to adjust to a different qb during a game the offense possibly gains an edge.

But do you really think kubiak was going to insert Schaub and not start him the next game.

Yuck

ziggy29
Schaub didn't score a TD and Texans lose. End of story. Schaub didn't do anything at the end of the day.

All yardage between the 20s matters very little when you are 0-3 scoring TDs in the red zone in the 4th quarter.

PapaL
11-17-2013, 03:42 PM
I love AJ. He shouldn't have stormed off the field when there's time on the clock. I don't care who you are.

Gonna be an interesting week for sure. I think Case should start since he hasn't done anything to lose it but I honestly don't care who the QB is. This isn't our year. Playing for stats and draft position now.

ziggy29
11-17-2013, 03:43 PM
This isn't our year. Playing for stats and draft position now.

And maybe to evaluate some of the guys down your depth chart for next year.

TexansSeminole
Really Schaub? You gonna ***** at Dre?

Lmao!!! You picked 6 the season away. You get a little action and you want to chew Dre off when he's coming off the field.

It shows the mindset that kubiak has I tilled in this team. It shows that Schaub is not being held accountable for his massive **** ups.

Agreed. And it shows that the most patient guy in our franchise history just lost his patience. What does that tell you about how the rest of the team feels?

TexansBull
Did anyone else just see that aflac commercial? Fitting. The coach was starting the lame duck in the second half. Kubiak must have seen it first.

legacy_gt
I love AJ. He shouldn't have stormed off the field when there's time on the clock. I don't care who you are.

Gonna be an interesting week for sure. I think Case should start since he hasn't done anything to lose it but I honestly don't care who the QB is. This isn't our year. Playing for stats and draft position now.

AJ could do whatever he wants. I have and others on here don't mind at all.

CretorFrigg
11-17-2013, 03:44 PM
Agreed. And it shows that the most patient guy in our franchise history just lost his patience. What does that tell you about how the rest of the team feels?

Schaub's lost the team. They don't believe in him, and it shows. It's frustrating for us as fans to watch Schaub trot back in this game. I'm sure it's equally as frustrating for AJ to see Schaub come back in.

chicagotexan2
11-17-2013, 03:44 PM
fire these choking losers now and put schaub on special teams as a gunner.

Schaub is more of a musket or potato gun.

Pantherstang84
11-17-2013, 03:45 PM
AJ could do whatever he wants. I have and others on here don't mind at all.

It needed to be done. It demonstrates where this locker room is.

Rey
Did y'all see the looks on the guys faces?

They were like "whoa"...one guy looked scared like he thought Dre was about to go after Schaub.

BullNation4Life

Andre Johnson had EVERY right to storm off the field, hell after what this franchise has done to him pretty much his whole career, Andre Johnson has every right to storm off this GD team...

WolverineFan
11-17-2013, 03:46 PM

No. Schaub will definitely be the starter. But I don't see how that changes things. We need to draft a QB regardless of how Keenum plays out the rest of the year. Handing him the job is the same thing that got us in trouble with Schaub.

We'll finish with 4-5 wins and Kubiak will be fired. If he's not, then this Schaub vs. Keenum debate is meaningless and we should be having a McNair vs. sanity conversation.

CloakNNNdagger
Yea I agree AJ's last words were "****ing mouth" probably said shut your ****ing mouth

That's what he said.

Pantherstang84
It wouldn't surprise me if AJ hangs em up after the year.

deucetx

Well that's the problem with Schaub, isn't it? He always gets us yards. It's why when this losing began we were a top five offense by yardage. Problem is that's all it is. He doesn't get you touchdowns. Just field goals over and over. In this league you need touchdowns. So basically Schaub=field goal-a-thon.

eriadoc
11-17-2013, 03:47 PM
Schaub's lost the team. They don't believe in him, and it shows. It's frustrating for us as fans to watch Schaub trot back in this game. I'm sure it's equally as frustrating for AJ to see Schaub come back in.

I think this is the dead honest truth. Schaub lost the locker room.

Mr. Texan
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZTcC2jCAAAE9iE.jpg

BullNation4Life
It needed to be done. It demonstrates where this locker room is.

Exactly, if someone as meek and mold mannered as Andre Johnson loses it on the sideline and storms off, you damn well know things are beyond bad and frustrating...

Norg
11-17-2013, 03:48 PM
Top 5 DRAFT PICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kitten:

Mr teX
Everybody was sure this was gonna be a win....When you're calling for the 3rd string qb....you have no qb on your roster...kubiak has lost the team, Schaub has lost the team keenum can't beat a blitz and the defense is the biggest paper tiger I've seen in a long time...time to clean house...this train wreck of a season can't end fast enough.

EllisUnit

He didnt do anything all day, he threw a bunch of wide open underneath routes that the defense was giving them since they know Schaub wont beat them deep.

JCTexan

There was less than 1:20 with only one timeout left.. No possible way for the Texans to get the ball back.

TexansSeminole
11-17-2013, 03:49 PM
I think this is the dead honest truth. Schaub lost the locker room.

And if Kubiak didn't before, he just lost it. Putting Schaun back in just killed any positive vibe that we had going.

Keenum wasn't very good in this game but putting Schaub back in was a huge, huge mistake.

bOODRO87
11-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Top 5 DRAFT PICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kitten:

Amen! We pretty much almost have the pick of the litter. Just don't screw it up!

Pantherstang84
11-17-2013, 03:50 PM
And if Kubiak didn't before, he just lost it. Putting Schaun back in just killed any positive vibe that we had going.

Keenum wasn't very good in this game but putting Schaub back in was a huge, huge mistake.

It was a move of desperation that blew up right in his face.

MEGA SWATT
11-17-2013, 03:50 PM

He is too busy counting his money:vincepalm:

Mr teX
11-17-2013, 03:51 PM
He didnt do anything all day, he threw a bunch of wide open underneath routes that the defense was giving them since they know Schaub wont beat them deep.

But neither did keenum, so what's your point?

WolverineFan
Well that's the problem with Schaub, isn't it? He always gets us yards. It's why when this losing began we were a top five offense by yardage. Problem is that's all it is. He doesn't get you touchdowns. Just field goals over and over. In this league you need touchdowns. So basically Schaub=field goal-a-thon.

I'm not disagreeing. But what has Case done in the 2nd half the last 4 weeks that makes him the better option?

I know most fans have tuned out mentally and just care about the future. I do too. But you guys are failing to look at both sides of the picture and realize that Kubiak is coaching for his job and he thought Schaub gave them the best chance to win in the 2nd half.

Dread-Head
Is Kubiak TRYING to get fired? Why did he bench Keenam for SCHAUB?!

Norg
Keenum has failed Schaub has failed Next man UP LES GO!!!!!!!!!

TJ !!!!

ziggy29
11-17-2013, 03:52 PM
I'm not disagreeing. But what has Case done in the 2nd half the last 4 weeks that makes him the better option?

I know most fans have tuned out mentally and just care about the future. I do too. But you guys are failing to look at both sides of the picture and realize that Kubiak is coaching for his job and he thought Schaub gave them the best chance to win in the 2nd half.

I realize that. But seeing as (a) I don't see any upside potential in staying with Schaub, (b) I don't think he gives us much better chance to win (if at all) and (c) I don't want to see Kubiak keep his job, I don't like any of it.

EllisUnit
11-17-2013, 03:53 PM
yep Cases 1 int, he will never see another NFL field, what a screw up.....

Rey
11-17-2013, 03:53 PM
:spit:Keenum has failed Schaub has failed Next man UP LES GO!!!!!!!!!

TJ !!!!

Lol...

Screw it. I don't even care who's qb anymore.

I'm honestly starting to wonder if kubiak is subconciously not giving other qb's a chance to really succeed.

Norg
11-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Mike Mgclocen JUST BEAT US !!!!!! JUST torched us

This was his first NFL game ever can u believe that !!!!!!!

WolverineFan
11-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Keenum hasn't failed. If he had a new coach then he would have a long leash to learn and get better.

Instead he has a lame duck coach trying to save his job who will risk the future to try and win a couple games and save his job for another year.

I'd like to see him get a shot under a new coaching staff.

False Start
11-17-2013, 03:56 PM
I'll pass.

WolverineFan
11-17-2013, 03:57 PM
I realize that. But seeing as (a) I don't see any upside potential in staying with Schaub, (b) I don't think he gives us much better chance to win (if at all) and (c) I don't want to see Kubiak keep his job, I don't like any of it.

a) There is no upside with Schaub, but that's not the point. If he gets a couple wins and preserves Kubiak's job for another year then Gary is going to play him.

b) I don't either, but I understand why Kubiak did what he did. Case has struggled in the 2nd half so he tried to capture magic in a bottle with Schaub. He almost did.

c) Kubiak should have been fired years ago. That won's stop him from doing everything he can to save it though.

legacy_gt
11-17-2013, 03:58 PM

you gotta see how it turns out. you don't know.

gafftop
11-17-2013, 03:59 PM
Never did like the teacher's pet

gtexan02
11-17-2013, 04:01 PM
Heard AJ and schaub had to be separated

gafftop
11-17-2013, 04:04 PM

What the he'll has MS done in his whole career

legacy_gt
11-17-2013, 04:07 PM
But you guys are failing to look at both sides of the picture and realize that Kubiak is coaching for his job and he thought Schaub gave them the best chance to win in the 2nd half.

he's been thinking that about schaub for a long time. that's why you have so many people on here pissed off.

the game was still relatively close. you have to let things play out. you throw case to the 1st place chiefs and colts yet you won't let him finish against the raiders? how long have we given MS?

Rey
I can dissect the psychology of this from my couch.

Any normal human being is not going to call out Dre on the sideline in front if everyone. That was a dumb ass thing to do by Matt.

But he's like the spoiled kid or the teachers pet that can do no wrong. So he doesn't do normal things like go talk to Dre one on one or just let it go. Instead he acts like his **** doesn't stink and he goes at the best player the franchise has ever had. The guy who would never call him out even when he's deserved it.

How dare Matt Schaub do such a thing? How could he possibly think for a second that was a good idea?

You know what. Fuk Schaub and fuk kubiak. Fuk them. They are both losers. Fuk them.

BullNation4Life

Keenum has done more in 4 games than Schaub has done in his last 10. Does Keenum look like an undrafted rookie QB, at some time he does, there is no arguing that,

however Mat Schaub is a 10 year vet, 8 with this system and he looks like an undrafted rookie QB....

I, as a fan, have no problem with Keenum making his mistakes, trial by fire, because for every 1 mistake he makes, he is making 3 good plays. Not saying he is the answer and Keenum has a long way to go to establish himself as a starter, but he defiantly isn't close to being the problem.

Kubiak today was EXACTLY where he needed to be, in the press box, looking like an OC instead of a HC.

gafftop
11-17-2013, 04:09 PM
a) There is no upside with Schaub, but that's not the point. If he gets a couple wins and preserves Kubiak's job for another year then Gary is going to play him.

b) I don't either, but I understand why Kubiak did what he did. Case has struggled in the 2nd half so he tried to capture magic in a bottle with Schaub. He almost did.

c) Kubiak should have been fired years ago. That won's stop him from doing everything he can to save it though.

A) is the reason this team is where it is now. Short term thinking, everyone trying to save their jobs. I have been saying this for years

Mr. Texan
11-17-2013, 04:10 PM
Keenum has done more in 4 games than Schaub has done in his last 10.

keenum hasn't even won a game lol

Rey
11-17-2013, 04:10 PM

Case got us in field goal range against the colts. Bullock missed a few kicks.

But who cares. What has Schaub done with his career? Hell, this season. What has Schaub done? LoL?

It was a bad move going back to Schaub. Now what are you going to do? Start Schaub ? Go back to case?

The team is completely ****ed up now.

midway
11-17-2013, 04:12 PM

Yep, because he's the one kicking field goals. In his first 3 starts we had 5 missed field goals and lost all 3 by a combined 7 points.

htowntexans1985

Lol!!!!

BullNation4Life

you are correct, however is that all on Keenum?

Guess I should have worded that better, Keenum has done more in 4 games as a QB and putting his team in a position to win, than Schaub has in the last 10 games...

Keenum, for the most part, has done his job where others have failed miserably...

WolverineFan
11-17-2013, 04:14 PM
A) is the reason this team is where it is now. Short term thinking, everyone trying to save their jobs. I have been saying this for years

I've wanted Schaubiak gone for years. All I'm saying is that I understand why Kubiak did what he did.

BullNation4Life
11-17-2013, 04:15 PM
I've wanted Schaubiak gone for years. All I'm saying is that I understand why Kubiak did what he did.

They should have been gone in 2010...

that is what we fans get to deal with, having a business man for an owner and not a football man...

Mr. Texan
11-17-2013, 04:15 PM
Yep, because he's the one kicking field goals. In his first 3 starts we had 5 missed field goals and lost all 3 by a combined 7 points.

you are correct, however is that all on Keenum?

Guess I should have worded that better, Keenum has done more in 4 games as a QB and putting his team in a position to win, than Schaub has in the last 10 games...

doing nothing in the 2nd half is not really putting your team in position to win games.

yeah fat aggy has had his problem but keenum also was not able to get the ball in the endzone in the 2nd half of games and had chances to win games on his own.

i like keenum but he is not above criticism.

WolverineFan
11-17-2013, 04:16 PM
Case got us in field goal range against the colts. Bullock missed a few kicks.

But who cares. What has Schaub done with his career? Hell, this season. What has Schaub done? LoL?

It was a bad move going back to Schaub. Now what are you going to do? Start Schaub ? Go back to case?

The team is completely ****ed up now.

Of course it was a bad move and of course he's going to stick with Schaub.

What you guys are not acknowledging is that if it saves his job then it will be worth it for him. He doesn't care about the future, he cares about the now.

That's all I'm trying to say. I don't agree with what he did, but I totally understand why he did it.

TheIronDuke
11-17-2013, 04:16 PM
All this talk about our QB is covering up the biggest issue on the team IMO which is the piss poor defense. Kubes can fuk off and take Wade with him.

ziggy29
11-17-2013, 04:17 PM
yeah fat aggy has had his problem but keenum also was not able to get the ball in the endzone and the 2nd half of games and had chances to win games on his own.

No one wearing a Texans uniform has been able to score TDs or win games in the second half.

Mr teX
11-17-2013, 04:18 PM
Keenum has done more in 4 games than Schaub has done in his last 10. Does Keenum look like an undrafted rookie QB, at some time he does, there is no arguing that,

however Mat Schaub is a 10 year vet, 8 with this system and he looks like an undrafted rookie QB....

I, as a fan, have no problem with Keenum making his mistakes, trial by fire, because for every 1 mistake he makes, he is making 3 good plays. Not saying he is the answer, but he defiantly isn't close to being the problem.

Kubiak today was EXACTLY where he needed to be, in the press box, looking like an OC instead of a HC.

#1...keenum isn't a rookie...#2 what makes you think that keenum was gonna do any more than he's done in the previous 3 games he started? All his games have followed a familiar pattern.....look like Jesus in cleats the 1st half, and then an undrafted 2nd year qb in the 2nd...

another thing peopLe are overlooking is he's turned the ball over pretty regularly in his starts JUST LIKE SCHAUB HAS and those TO's have led to point on the board JUST LIKE SCHAUB's....

I get it, people wanna see something to get excited about...but keenum in the 2nd half has been just as inept as Schaub has. The blueprint is out there for keenum now...I wouldn't expect much more from here from here on out...I mean if the raiders can come in and execute it....The team as a whole stinks...doesn't matter who the qb is....

Mr. Texan
11-17-2013, 04:18 PM
No one wearing a Texans uniform has been able to score TDs or win games in the second half.

truth.

now we're seeing all the problems we failed to acknowledge because we thought schaub was the only problem.

what a mess of a team this is.

fiasco west
11-17-2013, 04:19 PM
All this talk about our QB is covering up the biggest issue on the team IMO which is the piss poor defense. Kubes can fuk off and take Wade with him.

Yeah Wade's defense gets worse every year. The man never makes adjustments. Good thing about Wade though is supposedly he was big on drafting JJ Watt...so there is that.

TexansBull
11-17-2013, 04:21 PM
Heard AJ and schaub had to be separated

I want to know more.

Rey
11-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Of course it was a bad move and of course he's going to stick with Schaub.

What you guys are not acknowledging is that if it saves his job then it will be worth it for him. He doesn't care about the future, he cares about the now.

That's all I'm trying to say. I don't agree with what he did, but I totally understand why he did it.

And what I'm saying is that if kubiak believed that Schaub was the difference between being employed here next year he's dumber than I thought.

I thought that even if case lost every game he started a case could be made for kubiak playing out the last year of his deal.

But even if you put Matt in and he wins, so what?

What are you going to trot back out as the starter next year because he played ok at the end of the year?

I just don't agree with what you're saying. But I do respect your opinion. It's all good.

ziggy29
11-17-2013, 04:23 PM
truth.

now we're seeing all the problems we failed to acknowledge because we thought schaub was the only problem.

I don't think everyone thought Schaub was the only problem. We just recognized with an O-line this bad, a guy who stands there like a statue gives you little chance to win. Keenum has more mobility out of the blitz, but still has trouble picking it up. The coaches need to be dialing up more plays to use against the blitz. The QB also needs to learn to see it at the line and change it up -- assuming Keenum is being given the latitude to do so.

qqert
11-17-2013, 04:27 PM
I want to know more.

can you be fly on the wall.

Mr. Texan
I don't think everyone thought Schaub was the only problem. We just recognized with an O-line this bad, a guy who stands there like a statue gives you little chance to win. Keenum has more mobility out of the blitz, but still has trouble picking it up. The coaches need to be dialing up more plays to use against the blitz. The QB also needs to learn to see it at the line and change it up -- assuming Keenum is being given the latitude to do so.

some people on this site were ignorant to think a "mobile" qb would automatically make this team much much better.

but the truth is poor o-line play is a cancer that affects anything you want to do on offense. you may live a little longer but you will still die in the long run.

TexansBull
Did anyone notice Schaub not looking at Dennison when he was blasting the team. It looked like he was looking up to Kubiak making eye contact to put him in. Wonder if Kubiak told him he was going to put him in when they we spooning last night.

Thorn
11-17-2013, 04:28 PM
We now have the second worst record in the AFC. We're one game ahead of Jacksonville. :thumbdown

ziggy29
11-17-2013, 04:28 PM
We now have the second worst record in the AFC. We're one game ahead of Jacksonville. :thumbdown

Translation: We control our own destiny....

TexansBull
11-17-2013, 04:31 PM

Once again stats lie. After today, we are the worst.

qqert
11-17-2013, 04:32 PM

still won 2x more games than jax!

EllisUnit
11-17-2013, 04:34 PM

no they have won 1 game

sometexansfan
11-17-2013, 04:34 PM

Just wait until next week. :gun:

WolverineFan
11-17-2013, 04:36 PM
I thought that even if case lost every game he started a case could be made for kubiak playing out the last year of his deal.

I thought this as well. It's pretty clear at this point that he thinks wins are what will determine his fate. If he can get to 6-7 wins then he probably feels safe for next year.

Honestly, if this team wins more than 5 games I think McNair retains him for another year. If they end up with less and a top 5 pick then he will bring in a new coach, who will immediately use that top 5 pick on a QB.

qqert
11-17-2013, 04:37 PM
no they have won 1 game

and we won 2!

ziggy29
11-17-2013, 04:37 PM
I thought this as well. It's pretty clear at this point that he thinks wins are what will determine his fate. If he can get to 6-7 wins then he probably feels safe for next year.

Honestly, if this team wins more than 5 games I think McNair retains him for another year. If they end up with less and a top 5 pick then he will bring in a new coach, who will immediately use that top 5 pick on a QB.

I don't want to tank the season for draft picks, but really, if a strong finish saves this coaching staff, maybe it's another story....

qqert
11-17-2013, 04:42 PM
are laughing their asses off at the bums we have on the right side.
why are brooks and newton still on the roster?

there must be two players on a practice squad somewhere, and if not we have got to keep looking!!!

because this o-line right now is like a busted condom!

Mr. Texan
11-17-2013, 04:43 PM
Brian T. Smith @ChronBrianSmith
Follow
Asked about booing/silent count, Ben Tate said it's disappointing how "wishy-washy" #Texans fans are. #NFL
4:23 PM - 17 Nov 2013

SHUT UP BEN :vincepalm:

Pantherstang84
11-17-2013, 04:45 PM
Follow
Asked about booing/silent count, Ben Tate said it's disappointing how "wishy-washy" #Texans fans are. #NFL

Well. It's just as disappointing how washy washy this team is.

PapaL
11-17-2013, 04:46 PM
no they have won 1 game

2x1=?

midway
11-17-2013, 04:46 PM
Follow

It's disappointing how bad this team is.

Naija Texan
11-17-2013, 04:57 PM
Imagine what the record would be if we didn't have Shane Lechlar doing what he was doing in those first two games...

McNair doesn't even need to speak a word to Kubiak, it should be obvious that at the end of the season either Kubiak resigns gracefully for health reasons or he gets fired.

Mr. Texan
11-17-2013, 04:59 PM
Dale Robertson
‏@sportywineguy
Andre Johnson took the blame for last incompletion. Said he didn't finish his route. #Texans

Dale Robertson
‏@sportywineguy
AJ said he and Schaub are OK, blaming heat of the moment for confrontation. Texans

User Actions
Follow

Brian T. Smith
‏@ChronBrianSmith
Andre Johnson said several times he messed up on final play and takes responsibility. Wouldn't go into detail.

PapaL
11-17-2013, 05:06 PM
Did AJ cut his pattern short on that play?

Mhmmm...

Honoring Earl 34
11-17-2013, 05:17 PM
Mhmmm...

He saw there was 3 guys waiting and didn't want to make it 4 .

Mr teX
11-17-2013, 06:17 PM
Dale Robertson
‏@sportywineguy
Andre Johnson took the blame for last incompletion. Said he didn't finish his route. #Texans

Dale Robertson
‏@sportywineguy
AJ said he and Schaub are OK, blaming heat of the moment for confrontation. Texans

User Actions
Follow

Brian T. Smith
‏@ChronBrianSmith
Andre Johnson said several times he messed up on final play and takes responsibility. Wouldn't go into detail.

Pretty much...guys are just mentally spent trying to get out of this funk...when it initially happened i knew it was frustration with how this season has gone more than anything..

gafftop
11-17-2013, 06:52 PM
Damn recording quit on 4th and 7 did not get to see the end. Any place to view?
thanks

PapaL
11-17-2013, 07:02 PM
Damn recording quit on 4th and 7 did not get to see the end. Any place to view?
thanks

Just close your eyes and imagine a loss...or replay the ending of any of the last 8 games.

Mr teX
11-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Schaub probably asked him why did he stop in a smart allecky kind of way and AJ frustrated with all this ****, and knowing that it was mostly on him tried to explain to him what he saw and why he did what he did.

TexansBull
11-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Just close your eyes and imagine a loss...or replay the ending of any of the last 8 games.

Or last 8 years. After all these years we still can't score inside the twenty with Schaub.

gtexan02
11-17-2013, 07:39 PM
AJ wants Schaub gone. Schaub wants his career to continue. No wonder they got into it

chicagotexan2
11-17-2013, 10:02 PM
AJ wants Schaub gone. Schaub wants his career to continue. No wonder they got into it

Poor Andre. He sees what a QB that has the balls to take chances can do fir him. I'm sure he's sick of the limp wristed, 'Ill take what tge defense gives me', fainting goat QB that he's had to be stuck with.

Brisco_County
11-18-2013, 12:04 AM
Andre knew it was on him, but the last thing he needed was Schaub or anyone else giving him crap about it. He felt it didn't need to be said at that moment.

You'll also notice that Andre gets really embarrassed any time he loses his temper. That's common in people who have a generally calm demeanor. That's why he'll avoid talking about it for the rest of the week.

DX-TEX
11-18-2013, 12:17 AM
Andre knew it was on him, but the last thing he needed was Schaub or anyone else giving him crap about it. He felt it didn't need to be said at that moment.

You'll also notice that Andre gets really embarrassed any time he loses his temper. That's common in people who have a generally calm demeanor. That's why he'll avoid talking about it for the rest of the week.

I felt this way but I just watch a replay on Sports Extra on ch 2. Dre was in triple coverage and running into another defender. Damn ball should not have been thrown to begin with.

SchaubApologist
11-18-2013, 12:18 AM
are laughing their asses off at the bums we have on the right side.
why are brooks and newton still on the roster?

there must be two players on a practice squad somewhere, and if not we have got to keep looking!!!

because this o-line right now is like a busted condom!

brandon brooks has actually graded out OK for the season.

newton, not so much.

Brisco_County
11-18-2013, 12:33 AM
brandon brooks has actually graded out OK for the season.

newton, not so much.

Wade Smith?

SchaubApologist
11-18-2013, 03:38 AM
Wade Smith?

Whole line per pff:

CM - great
DB - good
BB - decent
DN - horrible
WS - horrible

Brisco_County
11-18-2013, 10:09 AM
Duane Brown would have graded higher if he didn't have to play injured. This goes back to the depth problem. No swing tackle. I bet we could've gotten one with that Sam Montgomery pick.

TheIronDuke
11-18-2013, 10:56 AM
Duane Brown would have graded higher if he didn't have to play injured. This goes back to the depth problem. No swing tackle. I bet we could've gotten one with that Sam Montgomery pick.

Well we'd already used a 3rd on Brennan Williams so I doubt they'd have wanted to go OT again. Maybe if they would've gotten a tackle who wasn't injured that would've been better. We sure could've used a LB or anyone really with the Montgomery pick but we should be used to wasting 3rd round picks around here.

infantrycak
11-18-2013, 11:51 AM

Well we'd already used a 3rd on Brennan Williams so I doubt they'd have wanted to go OT again. Maybe if they would've gotten a tackle who wasn't injured that would've been better. We sure could've used a LB or anyone really with the Montgomery pick but we should be used to wasting 3rd round picks around here.

They did get one but he landed on IR - Quiz.

SchaubApologist
11-18-2013, 12:16 PM

i agree to some extent. his toe definitely cost him some pff points, but... this is not a typical DB kind of year.

i personally loved what i saw out of quessenberry. it's a shame he broke his foot because i think he would currently be our starting LG.

Brisco_County
11-18-2013, 01:43 PM
They did get one but he landed on IR - Quiz.

That is something that Kubiak will take some undeserved criticism for. He did try to address the RT position in the draft, but both picks promptly headed to IR before seeing a snap.

I'm wondering why Ben Jones hasn't been rotated in for Wade Smith at all. Smith is obviously playing below his ability.

Brisco_County
11-18-2013, 01:51 PM
“What was happening was, we had to make a lot of changes from a protection standpoint to handle some of the things they were doing,” Kubiak said after the game. “Trying to create some tempo and do that. And it made it very tough on Case, in my opinion, being a young player. I knew that Matt could get done some of the things that I wanted to get done, real fast, and to give us a chance to win the football game. So that’s why I did it.”

Link (http://nfl.si.com/2013/11/17/matt-schaub-replaces-case-keenum-houston-texans/).

He makes a good point. I honestly can't say what is best for the team. It's now a contention between practical football decisions vs. fan (customer) perception. Keenum would benefit from the experience, but Kubiak is focusing strictly on improving the win/loss record. Both are in the interest of the team right now.

Ok, I should be working, so I'll let you guys chew on that.

TejasTom
11-18-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm wondering why Ben Jones hasn't been rotated in for Wade Smith at all. Smith is obviously playing below his ability.

Ben has been rotated in to the game. He's the one that gave up the hit that caused Keenum INT. Ben has barely been a low speed bump when out there, really more of an ignored yield sign.

TheMatrix31
11-18-2013, 03:44 PM
Link (http://nfl.si.com/2013/11/17/matt-schaub-replaces-case-keenum-houston-texans/).

He makes a good point. I honestly can't say what is best for the team. It's now a contention between practical football decisions vs. fan (customer) perception. Keenum would benefit from the experience, but Kubiak is focusing strictly on improving the win/loss record. Both are in the interest of the team right now.

That's exactly what it is. Fan perception v. real football decisions. We think football is Madden.

Sigma
11-18-2013, 04:39 PM

I'm not a fan of tanking, but in what way improving from 2-14 to let's say 6-10 or even 7-9 is "in the interest of the team"?

I guess is in the interest of the players to not look bad, or in kubiaks interest to have a better record.

but what can possibly be good for the franchise?

they won't get to the playoffs, and won't get as high draft choices.

I don't want them to tank games, but I hope they end up as low as possible at the end of the season if they can't get to the playoffs

-edit-
but yeah, kubiak makes a good point since as a coach you should be looking to win the game. and he did what he thought it was our best chance to win

Rey
11-18-2013, 06:54 PM

Well, I guess he does think keenum is better than Matt after all. He doesn't think Matt is good enough to start.

thunderkyss
11-18-2013, 10:36 PM
That is something that Kubiak will take some undeserved criticism for. He did try to address the RT position in the draft, but both picks promptly headed to IR before seeing a snap.

Brennan was hurt when we drafted him. We rushed him back to activity & probably ruined any chance he has of having any success in the NFL.

Brisco_County
11-18-2013, 11:48 PM
Brennan was hurt when we drafted him. We rushed him back to activity & probably ruined any chance he has of having any success in the NFL.

He had a torn labrum when drafted that he already has surgery on, and was unrelated to his knee injury in OTA's. But yes, he was rushed back and is likely damaged goods.

HJam72
11-20-2013, 06:59 PM
Didn't know where else to put this, so I'll put it here.

Been watching the All-22 and have a few observations:

1. Ben Tate almost never cuts back and it makes the running game predictable. He pretty much always follows the blockers. I guess it was a nice compliment to Foster, who cuts back most of the time.

2. On the play that Schaub and AJ apparently argued about, we had 5 receivers and only 2 of them actually went into the endzone. Tate, Hopkins, & Graham never even went into the endzone. The play seemed to call for them to only go so far, and they just ran it as if they weren't close to the endzone. Posey, or whoever the other receiver in the endzone was, just made it past the line and then made no attempt to get open beyond that. Hopkins went five yards and stopped well short of the endzone. Graham, who might should have been thrown to, was just short of the endzone, but was open or probably would have gotten open if given a little more time. He had a lead on his man going to Schaub's left across the middle from the right, and was basically in front of AJ. AJ was totally NOT open.

3. About the QBs, I didn't really see anything glaring, like I expected to. They could both work on acccuracy, but pressure has something to do with that. The play where Keenum throws a bomb and AJ nearly slams head-to-head with the DB in the endzone for an incompletion could have been a TD if thrown closer to the sideline away from that DB, but that's a long throw too, so it's hard to judge too harshly. They both made inaccurate passes that should've been easy completions. They both made some completions that were pretty impressive. Schaub doesn't make things happen; he's too determined to get rid of the ball in X amount of time. Keenum is the opposite of that, like we all know. They could both be a little more in the middle in that regard. Schaub knows by reading the D where the open receiver SHOULD be and throws it there. Keenum is looking more for that guy that gets open regardless of the D or its playcall.

4. We all know this, but the blocking sucks.

5. I see receivers that could hustle more. Too many of them too often. I don't watch NFL games to see world-class athletes JOG on the field.