PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy.. Kubiak says Schaub working hard to get back..

silvrhand
11-13-2013, 02:43 PM
wtf... I can't imagine how bad the stadium would erupt if Case was pulled and he trotted Matt back on the field.

The coach hasn't given up on Matt Schaub, who morphed into an interception machine this season before giving way to Keenum. Kubiak said Schaub "is playing really hard" and wants back on the field before the season closes.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000281231/article/gary-kubiak-wont-commit-to-case-keenum-as-qb

TheIronDuke
11-13-2013, 02:48 PM
God I hope he does put Schaub back in, that'll be hilarious!

Double Barrel
11-13-2013, 02:51 PM
Schaub can start for whatever team Kubiak goes to then. :fingergun:

texanhead08
11-13-2013, 02:51 PM
I hope he does and Bob will finally see that this clown has no business being a NFL Head Coach.

Rey
11-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Look, if the texans don't give a ****, neither do I.

cuppacoffee
11-13-2013, 02:53 PM
wtf... I can't imagine how bad the stadium would erupt if Case was pulled and he trotted Matt back on the field.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000281231/article/gary-kubiak-wont-commit-to-case-keenum-as-qb

From the article: "He has to continue to play well to stay in there," Kubiak said, per the Houston Chronicle.

So he is being held to a different standard than the rest of the team?

:coffee:

Thorn
11-13-2013, 02:54 PM
Nothing this team does will surprise me anymore. Including horse$hit just like this.

WolverineFan
11-13-2013, 02:57 PM
I'm sure Kubiak is just waiting for a brutal game from Keenum so he can throw his boy back into the mix.

Texian
11-13-2013, 02:57 PM
Kubiak is trying to create some trade value.

Double Barrel
11-13-2013, 02:58 PM
The owner hasn't given up on Gary Kubiak, who morphed into an losing machine this season before giving way to Wade. McNair said Kubiak "is working really hard" and wants back on the sideline before the season closes.

Ya' know, I'm starting to see a pattern.... :thinking:

Hervoyel
11-13-2013, 02:58 PM
From the article: "He has to continue to play well to stay in there," Kubiak said, per the Houston Chronicle.

So he is being held to a different standard than the rest of the team?

Exactly. He's got to perform AND be a Pro

Malloy
11-13-2013, 03:00 PM
If that happened I would seriously consider not watching the remaining season...

IlliniJen
11-13-2013, 03:01 PM
http://silkstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/tumblr_mezy08dbze1qbm00wo1_500.gif

Texn4life
11-13-2013, 03:03 PM
And Kubiak I would love to be alone with 3 Victoria Secret models locked in a room for 3 minutes, maybe even 4.

EllisUnit
11-13-2013, 03:04 PM
Perhaps his stroke gave him short term memory loss ??? :kitten:

Vance87
11-13-2013, 03:08 PM
Exactly. He's got to perform AND be a Pro

Apparently guys like Newton, McCain, and other trainwrecks only have to have a pulse to stay in there.

**** this garbage.

Wolf
11-13-2013, 03:11 PM
No hard feelings on schaub. But he is Brad Lidge 2.0 now...new scenery would do him some good

ArlingtonTexan
11-13-2013, 03:11 PM
:lol::scare:

bOODRO87
11-13-2013, 03:13 PM
So if a fair weather fan only watches when the team is doing well, what does that make a person who will blindly support the organization no matter how embarrassing or dumb it gets? I cannot support this.

cuppacoffee
11-13-2013, 03:15 PM
And Kubiak I would love to be alone with 3 Victoria Secret models locked in a room for 3 minutes, maybe even 4.

And you would consider that working hard? Wait? What? That doesn't sound right.

Wolf
11-13-2013, 03:17 PM
So if a fair weather fan only watches when the team is doing well, what does that make a person who will blindly support the organization no matter how embarrassing or dumb it gets? I cannot support this.

Sunshine club

http://www.vote29.com/newmyblog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/sunshine.png

Hervoyel
11-13-2013, 03:23 PM
This is an empty threat. It's supposed to keep Schaub's spirits up while letting Case know that he needs to work harder and win some games. It's just like the Texans bringing in three real kickers to scare Fat Randy into trying harder.

The Texans wouldn't dare sit Keenum down for Schaub. There'd be a riot at Reliant over it.

Vinny
11-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Kubiak doesn't want to hurt Shaubby's feelings because that's the most important thing you know.
Keenum's chemistry with Andre Johnson has produced this year's sixth-best quarterback-receiver combination, but Kubiak announced that he isn't ready to commit to the upstart passer just yet.

Wolf
11-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Kubiak doesn't want to hurt Shaubby's feelings because that's the most important thing you know.

Goodness gracious. I guess the Texans hand out participation game balls after every loss

False Start
11-13-2013, 03:34 PM
Someone needs to get a hold of Jeff Gillooly.

Schaub..."Why meeeeeee?"

djohn2oo8
11-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Kubiak won't so do it. Could you imagine how ugly it would get in the locker room?

Double Barrel
11-13-2013, 03:39 PM

I will be a Texans fan long after Kubiak is gone, regardless of how things pan out for Gary.

I'm far from sunshiny rainbows and about as cynical as it gets.

You ever hear the term "love my country but hate my government"? This mentality is where I'm at with this franchise.

TheMatrix31
11-13-2013, 03:40 PM
lol, this isn't happening unless Keenum gets hurt or does what Schaub did earlier this season.

False Start
11-13-2013, 03:42 PM
I will be a Texans fan long after Kubiak is gone, regardless of how things pan out for Gary.

You ever hear the term "love my country but hate my government"? This mentality is where I'm at with this franchise.

Same here. I will watch every damn game no matter how bad they are playing. I will be the first to criticize them when they are playing like dog mess.

Sigma
11-13-2013, 03:44 PM
This is an empty threat. It's supposed to keep Schaub's spirits up while letting Case know that he needs to work harder and win some games. It's just like the Texans bringing in three real kickers to scare Fat Randy into trying harder.

The Texans wouldn't dare sit Keenum down for Schaub. There'd be a riot at Reliant over it.

can't it be that kubiak was talking about keenum not being safe as in "we may want to try out other QBs for the starter role for next year"?

did kubiak named schaub or is it just the media's interpretation?

Rey
11-13-2013, 03:45 PM
I'm not watching if they do something like this. I don't have anything to prove to myself or anyone else by watching a bunch of people do stupid.

I can find something else to do for three hours on Sunday.

Mr teX
11-13-2013, 03:49 PM
So...a former starting qb wants to become a starter again & is doing everything possible to make that happen.....c'mon folks, any professional would do what Kubiak says Schaub is doing...can't fault Matt for that, nor Kubiak for putting that out there.

Wolf
11-13-2013, 03:50 PM

Yep me too.. I can't quit them.I think I enjoy being the only guy in town with texan geat. plus the bandwagoners were getting on my nerves.

with that said I need a Superbowl win

Texian
11-13-2013, 04:02 PM
I will always be a Texans fan. That doesn't mean that I will always agree with what they do and with every decision that they make.

TexansFight
11-13-2013, 04:05 PM
I so want him to do it so we can get rid of this clown. I am a season ticket holder that goes to every game but not this week. If Kubiak did that, it would be time to storm the Bastille err... Reliant.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TON28f2yGis/UZEyYkISl1I/AAAAAAAALxY/4XLn7JyDpXk/s1600/do-it.gif

76Texan
11-13-2013, 04:07 PM
So...a former starting qb wants to become a starter again & is doing everything possible to make that happen.....c'mon folks, any professional would do what Kubiak says Schaub is doing...can't fault Matt for that, nor Kubiak for putting that out there.

The thing is Kubiak didn't say this four, five, six weeks ago.

It was like Schaub is our QB; he will work through this.

He earned his grade, just like I (Kubiak) did.
We can still be here even though we suck, LOL.

drs23
11-13-2013, 04:11 PM
No. No Way. Absolutely Not. Ever. Please?

Double Barrel
11-13-2013, 04:12 PM
I'm not watching if they do something like this. I don't have anything to prove to myself or anyone else by watching a bunch of people do stupid.

I can find something else to do for three hours on Sunday.

The great thing about DVR is the ability to watch an entire football game in about an hour. Even less if the game is horrible. Fast forward through all the blabbity blab between plays and you could probably clock in around 35-40 minutes.

:tv:

Wolf
11-13-2013, 04:14 PM
Kubiak is full of **** if he throws Matt out there.

Compare the stats

Case
http://www.nfl.com/player/casekeenum/2532888/careerstats

Schaub
http://www.nfl.com/player/mattschaub/2505982/profile

No way Kubiak brings schaub back

chenjy9
11-13-2013, 04:15 PM
If Kubes is actually retarded enough to start Schaub, then I actually support that idea that fan had to run Schaub out of town. I don't want that loser anywhere close to being on the field come game day.

Honoring Earl 34
11-13-2013, 04:20 PM
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs6/i/2005/083/d/d/Unicorns_and_Rainbows_by_bberry06.jpg

Mr teX
11-13-2013, 04:20 PM
The thing is Kubiak didn't say this four, five, six weeks ago.

It was like Schaub is our QB; he will work through this.

He earned his grade, just like I (Kubiak) did.
We can still be here even though we suck, LOL.

doesn't matter when he said it, at the end of the day what was Schaub supposed to do? quit the team & not dress b/c he's not the starter anymore?

hell, what was Kubiak supposed to say about Schaub? "Matt?... well he's content where he's at now, I think he'll put it in cruise control for the rest of the season until we inevitably release him.."

C'mon you guys are getting your panties in wad over nothing. I'd expect nothing less from a professional.

Double Barrel
11-13-2013, 04:22 PM
I really think this is Kubiak playing up Schaub to set up a trade. There are teams out there desperate for a QB, so I will not be shocked if Matt is starting for a team next year.

Kubiak hears the voices. He feels the heat. Leaks are coming out of the FO that are not by accident. This is a franchise that always hides their cards, so when we start hearing the rumblings, something is going on. Same thing as 2005 in that regard.

I'm still not sure if McNair fires Kubiak. Probably depends on the rest of this season and how the players respond to him. McNair has always been high on the idea of a coach keeping the locker room. While fans will certainly scream bloody murder, I'm not convinced at this point that Kubiak is gone.

Maybe I'm completely off and Kubiak is oblivious and wants to start Schaub. But I do not believe he's that naive or dumb. This statement is some kind of jedi mind trick or sleight of hand illusion.

bOODRO87
11-13-2013, 04:24 PM
The great thing about DVR is the ability to watch an entire football game in about an hour. Even less if the game is horrible. Fast forward through all the blabbity blab between plays and you could probably clock in around 35-40 minutes.

I can understand that. I will watch the games to see if they have hit rock bottom and starting going up. If Case had an OL, we'd be at least entertaining. But you bet your behind you won't find me wearing any Texans gear until they start acting like a organization that wants to be the real deal. It's utterly embarrassing.

Wolf
11-13-2013, 04:25 PM
I don't see why he didn't just say"Case has the job but matt is ready to roll"

I was wrong about case. I wasn't one of the case club members before this started

Wolf
11-13-2013, 04:28 PM
I can understand that. I will watch the games to see if they have hit rock bottom and starting going up. If Case had an OL, we'd be at least entertaining. But you bet your behind you won't find me wearing any Texans gear until they start acting like a organization that wants to be the real deal. It's utterly embarrassing.

I still wear the gear. I know bob and the front office have standards.

All this turmoil reminds me of a parent that first sends their perfect angel to college and then find out that their perfect angel actually has a wild streak and the parent is trying to real that angel back in being they are paying for his/her college

But I also live in a small ass town 20k+

Double Barrel
11-13-2013, 04:29 PM

I hear ya' about Texans gear. I have a couple of black baseball hats with no logo on them. I wear those things when the Texans get to Code Red embarrassment levels.

And it's not that I'm embarrassed as a fan, but rather I just don't feel like talking to the random stranger who wants to engage me in conversation and put me in position to defend being a fan. Mainly because they never have anything interesting to say and it's like talking to some doofus on talk radio. I aint' got time for that!

76Texan
11-13-2013, 04:56 PM
doesn't matter when he said it, at the end of the day what was Schaub supposed to do? quit the team & not dress b/c he's not the starter anymore?

hell, what was Kubiak supposed to say about Schaub? "Matt?... well he's content where he's at now, I think he'll put it in cruise control for the rest of the season until we inevitably release him.."

C'mon you guys are getting your panties in wad over nothing. I'd expect nothing less from a professional.

This has nothing to do with Schaub, but everything with Kubiak.

Personally, I had supported both of them from the start.
But you cannot have double standard.

It only make Schaub look worse.
The comment that Keenum needs to continue to play well to stay in there is actually a blow to Schaub.

Schaub didn't play well for a long time, but held on to the job.

Even though Kubiak might not mean it, but he makes it sound like "I'm ready to put Schaub in the first moment Keenum has a slight flaw."

Why?
A young player can use more rope, while as a veteran needs no baby-sitting.
But Kubiak sounds like he's giving tough love to the youngster, and baby-sitting the veteran still.

Bowing out gracefully is the way to go; you don't want to make it more akward, which is what Kubiak is doing.

He's not doing Schaub a favor.

tedr
11-13-2013, 05:07 PM
What he should say but won't is:

"We're going to see how Case performs the rest of the year...we'll need more than just three games to evaluate him...Matt will be ready if Case gets hurt."

In my opinion, that's the only way to go, because this season is lost, and Kubes should know that. He's got to see if Case can be the starting QB next year, and to make an informed judgment, he needs to let him go the rest of the time. But, maybe he's just pushing Case to work that much harder...who knows.

htownfan32
11-13-2013, 05:11 PM
I'll root for this team no matter what. Doesn't mean I can't get mad about the **** they do or criticize their movements. I'll be a Texans fan even if we don't win a single game this year. It hurts like hell to see them lose but that's the price of being a fan.

CretorFrigg
11-13-2013, 05:15 PM
This team is a complete joke right now. I'm sick of this ****.

paycheck71
11-13-2013, 05:28 PM
You guys are reading way too much into this; some might say you're picking nits.

The season is over, for all intents and purposes. What's the benefit of naming Case starter? How about you let him compete for it week to week and monitor his improvement. I would be SHOCKED if Schaub's "hard work in practice" gets him back his starting role unless Keenum is hurt.

I have absolutely no problem with this at the moment.

76Texan
11-13-2013, 05:31 PM
I'll root for this team no matter what. Doesn't mean I can't get mad about the **** they do or criticize their movements. I'll be a Texans fan even if we don't win a single game this year. It hurts like hell to see them lose but that's the price of being a fan.

This team is a complete joke right now. I'm sick of this ****.

Welcome to the old Oilers heartache, LOL.

Thorn
11-13-2013, 05:32 PM
Welcome to the old Oilers heartache, LOL.

It's Dj vu all over again.

76Texan
11-13-2013, 05:45 PM
It's Dj vu all over again.

Mais Monsieur Thorn, vous parlez francais, LOL.

Thorn
11-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Mais Monsieur Thorn, vous parlez francais, LOL.

No, I had to look it up in google to spell it right. Just like I had to look that up to see what you were saying. LOL

EllisUnit
11-13-2013, 05:53 PM
No, I had to look it up in google to spell it right. Just like I had to look that up to see what you were saying. LOL

google translate is the best invention ever....

YeaLikeRightNow
11-13-2013, 06:01 PM
This about sums it up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZlFhItw5Vk

Rey
11-13-2013, 06:05 PM
This has nothing to do with Schaub, but everything with Kubiak.

Personally, I had supported both of them from the start.
But you cannot have double standard.

It only make Schaub look worse.
The comment that Keenum needs to continue to play well to stay in there is actually a blow to Schaub.

Schaub didn't play well for a long time, but held on to the job.

Even though Kubiak might not mean it, but he makes it sound like "I'm ready to put Schaub in the first moment Keenum has a slight flaw."

Why?
A young player can use more rope, while as a veteran needs no baby-sitting.
But Kubiak sounds like he's giving tough love to the youngster, and baby-sitting the veteran still.

Bowing out gracefully is the way to go; you don't want to make it more akward, which is what Kubiak is doing.

He's not doing Schaub a favor.

Agreed.

One thing to say "Schaub's working hard. Not happy with where he's at, but he's doing fine".

Just sounds like he's itching to get Schaub back in as starter and that shouldn't even be an option.

Corrosion
11-13-2013, 06:05 PM

That's the only thing that makes any sense to me ..... Otherwise there is no way you even talk about Schaub getting back on the field.

BUT .... who wants to trade for a guy who's going to cost them as much as Schaub will when they can simply wait till he's cut and get him for cheap as a FA.

Uncle Rico
11-13-2013, 06:15 PM
Showcasing Schaub to increase trade value?!?! LMFAO! Whoooo wee I've heard some whoppers in my day...

Schaub plays.Sucks.2-14. Koobs Axed. #1 pick.

Winning!

Wolf
11-13-2013, 06:20 PM
I hope Kubiak is saying this just to raise his trade value..however..film speaks for itself and me and whoever probably have better odds winning a pick 6 lotto ticket than Schaub getting traded with his contract

Vance87
11-13-2013, 06:27 PM
I hope Kubiak is saying this just to raise his trade value..however..film speaks for itself and me and whoever probably have better odds winning a pick 6 lotto ticket than Schaub getting traded with his contract

pick 6

pick 6

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/tumblr_ma2m9tupok1qfsw7to2_500.gif

False Start
11-13-2013, 06:51 PM

I dont think we need a bag of Doritos, and a 3rd string waterboy, :heh:

EllisUnit
11-13-2013, 06:51 PM

speak for yourself i for one like Doritos :splits:

texanhead08
11-13-2013, 06:52 PM
Kubes can say what he wants to increase Schaub trade value, but he forgot one thing there isn't a team in this league dumb enough to trade for that contract.

TEXANRED
11-13-2013, 06:54 PM

Well maybe Kubiak will trade for Schaub to be his starting QB for whatever new team that he is coaching for next year. I am thinking two 2nd's and swap 1st round position.

Hervoyel
11-13-2013, 07:12 PM

speak for yourself i for one like Doritos :splits:

Come on folks, lets stop being so mean to Matt. It's bad enough that he's lost his job and set an NFL record for suck that will be a long time on the books. There's no need to be cruel and rude regarding his trade value.

Besides, the going rate for QB's playing the way he has this year (and everyone knows this) is "Ham Sammich"

Wolf
11-13-2013, 07:23 PM
Come on folks, lets stop being so mean to Matt. It's bad enough that he's lost his job and set an NFL record for suck that will be a long time on the books. There's no need to be cruel and rude regarding his trade value.

Besides, the going rate for QB's playing the way he has this year (and everyone knows this) is "Ham Sammich"

I was going to disagree. But after careful thought.. Yes, you are right on technicality... With sunshine in the league..gabbert has spam sammich nailed down on the going rate of trade

Honoring Earl 34
11-13-2013, 07:30 PM
A video is worth 10,000 words .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibfWaKzvbpQ

Tearstain
11-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Perhaps Kubiak knows how to motivate both players?

Case sounds like a player with bags of confidence who would relish the challenge from Schuab for his starter spot?

Schuab been low on confidence might need a boost.

Either way they are both Texans and both will give there all for the team.

glass is half full..

bckey
11-13-2013, 07:53 PM

Pretty much sums up how I feel about the Texans in a nutshell.

Thorn
11-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Kubes can say what he wants to increase Schaub trade value, but he forgot one thing there isn't a team in this league dumb enough to trade for that contract.

Buffalo?

False Start
11-13-2013, 07:59 PM

:lol:

Schaub's Mom was Mama Cass?

Seegara
11-13-2013, 07:59 PM
I hope he does and Bob will finally see that this clown has no business being a NFL Head Coach.
If I thought it would convince McNair to hire another head coach, I'd be for it. But I don't. McNair is as loyal to Kubiak as Kubiak is loyal to Schaub.

deucetx
11-13-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm not seeing as much in it as others but in regards to trade value....that isn't happening fellas. Obviously we're talking offseason since trade deadline has passed and no team will trade for him knowing he's a likely post June 1st cut. Everyone in the league knows the situation and that the Texans need to cut him after June 1st to save themselves from having to pay more on his contract over keeping him on their roster. Teams simply do not trade for players in these situations especially with the type of contract he has currently. Simply is not happening.

Nawzer
11-13-2013, 08:56 PM
This is Kubiak trying to do his best impression of the Titanic.

Brisco_County
11-13-2013, 09:09 PM
Nothing to worry about. This is one thing Kubiak has always done right.

We just keep going, Kubiak said. (Keenum) needs a little pressure on him to continue to have to play well and stay in there. Im not going to give anybody anything, much less a quarterback.

Link (http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/11/texans-pleased-with-case-keenum-but-not-ready-to-commit/).

Rey
11-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Who is trading for Schaub?

Schaub is a back up qb at this point in his career. If a team doesn't have a qb they are going to try to get one in the draft this year or next. No one is looking at bringing in Schaub as anything more than a stop gap, a back up or someone to compete for a job in camp.

Rey
11-13-2013, 09:11 PM
Nothing to worry about. This is one thing Kubiak has always done right.

Link (http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/11/texans-pleased-with-case-keenum-but-not-ready-to-commit/).

I hope kubiak is fired. The sooner the better. He's an awful head coach.

How he can fix his mouth to say that is mind boggling. Kubiak, just go away. Please.

BullBlitz
11-13-2013, 09:13 PM
Who is trading for Schaub?

Schaub is a back up qb at this point in his career. If a team doesn't have a qb they are going to try to get one in the draft this year or next. No one is looking at bringing in Schaub as anything more than a stop gap, a back up or someone to compete for a job in camp.

Not necessarily. There are much worse QBs out there.

Rey
11-13-2013, 09:23 PM
Not necessarily. There are much worse QBs out there.

No one is bringing in Schaub to be anything other than a back up, stop gap or camp competition.

No one is going to look at him as anything other than a place holder at best. At best.

76Texan
11-13-2013, 09:58 PM
(Keenum) needs a little pressure on him to continue to have to play well and stay in there, Kubiak said. Im not going to give anybody anything, much less a quarterback.

LMAO :choke:

Texecutioner
11-13-2013, 10:01 PM
No one is bringing in Schaub to be anything other than a back up, stop gap or camp competition.

No one is going to look at him as anything other than a place holder at best. At best.

This ^^

I have no idea why anyone in here thinks that Schaub somehow has a market at this time. His market is slightly higher than Rex Grossman at this point. The only HC that this fixation on Schaub is the genius we've had for 8 seasons.

Lucky
11-13-2013, 10:06 PM
What a train wreck this season has become. In my wildest dreams, I couldn't have foreseen this crap. And this is the first thing Kubiak says after being back to work? This is more obtuse than Reed mouthing off or Hopkins %$#&ing off. I'm starting to hate Bob McNair for keeping this clueless clown. Hating the man who brought the NFL back to Houston. McNair has to get rid of Kubiak and his hand puppet Rick Smith.

Vance87
11-13-2013, 10:11 PM
I hope kubiak is fired. The sooner the better. He's an awful head coach.

How he can fix his mouth to say that is mind boggling. Kubiak, just go away. Please.

Sorry to say but Koob will be here at least one more year. He's got another year on his contract and I bet ol' Bob thinks he didn't get a "fair shake" this year with all the injuries and crappy QB play. Plus he'll give him sympathy because of his stroke.

He will be here in 2014, book it.

ThaJokaa
11-13-2013, 10:19 PM
You guys are over reacting, as did I when I heard the press conference, but after hearing it a 2nd time he said, Schuab is trying to work his way back, and that he isnt naming Keenum the full time starter because he wants to keep pressure on Case. That doesnt mean that he is going to pull Case and put in Schuab, for all we know Kubes is done with Schuab and is only saying that to do exactly what he said in the press conference, "Put pressure on Case".

Lucky
11-13-2013, 10:51 PM
...he isnt naming Keenum the full time starter because he wants to keep pressure on Case. That doesnt mean that he is going to pull Case and put in Schuab, for all we know Kubes is done with Schuab and is only saying that to do exactly what he said in the press conference, "Put pressure on Case".
When did Kubiak ever put pressure on Schaub? He was handed the job on a silver platter after the trade. And he never had to compete for the starting job since.

BTW Gary, did you see the pass rush Keenum has seen over the past 4 games? Case has enough pressure as it is.

ThaJokaa
11-13-2013, 11:13 PM
When did Kubiak ever put pressure on Schaub? He was handed the job on a silver platter after the trade. And he never had to compete for the starting job since.

BTW Gary, did you see the pass rush Keenum has seen over the past 4 games? Case has enough pressure as it is.

I'm not saying Noodle Arm wasnt handed the job, but this time around it seems like he doesnt wanna name anyone the starter just so Case can continue improving.

dalemurphy
11-13-2013, 11:56 PM

I'm very encouraged by what I have seen in Keenum. Certainly, from an entertainment standpoint, at 2-7, I want to watch Keenum at QB and not Matt Schaub... However, Keenum is 0-3 in his starts. It hardly smacks as insanity to consider returning to the veteran QB who led the team to two division titles and did start the season with two come from way behind wins... And, that game this past Sunday was a pretty poor performance from Keenum- lots of bad decisions and difficulty dealing with the blitz. I happen to think he missed Kubiak's game planning and preparation last week... and probably playcalling as well. However, he wasn't good- despite the TDs and the energy/excitement.

I think Kubes will stick with Keenum as long as it makes sense to do so. However, though we have seen some good things, the NFL may figure Keenum out and expose him. Then, there are concerns beyond just winning games.. like destroying Keenum's confidence, etc...He is still winless in the NFL. Be careful about that bandwagon!

aussie_texan
11-14-2013, 12:47 AM
in regards to the OP, I'm not sure if this was said during the thread but its clear kubiak will not be playing schaub anytime soon unless keenum gets injured 'touch wood'.

His merely saying this to keep keenum honest and not to relax.
its a good move from the coach.

MEGA SWATT
11-14-2013, 12:56 AM
http://images.wikia.com/glee/images/7/7a/NO_GOD_PLEASE_NO.gif

thunderkyss
11-14-2013, 01:02 AM

IMO, he's just putting the pressure on Keenum that he knows he should have put on Schaub. If Keenum is going to be our QB of the future, if they're going to pass on a first round QB, they're going to want to know how well Keenum performs under pressure.

He's had a couple of great stats, meh game control games without a lot of outside pressure on him. Tj?? Right.

Now that his head coach is saying he's looking for an opportunity to get Schaub back in the game.... let's see how Case handles it. If this kind of pressure is going to make him fold (like Schaub probably would), better to find out now than 5 years later with 2 play off victories over the Bengals.

thunderkyss
11-14-2013, 01:03 AM
I'm sure Kubiak is just waiting for a brutal game from Keenum so he can throw his boy back into the mix.

They're both Kubiak's boy.

thunderkyss
11-14-2013, 01:07 AM

I still haven't watched the 2nd half of the Cardinals game.

bckey
11-14-2013, 05:20 AM

Cardinals blitzed. :toropalm:

TejasTom
11-14-2013, 07:13 AM

If you've seen the TD Dre catch over Peterson as he is falling backwards, there is nothing else to see.

Vinny
11-14-2013, 08:16 AM
I think Kubes will stick with Keenum as long as it makes sense to do so. However, though we have seen some good things, the NFL may figure Keenum out and expose him. Then, there are concerns beyond just winning games.. like destroying Keenum's confidence, etc...He is still winless in the NFL. Be careful about that bandwagon!yeah, unlike Schaub. :strangle:

False Start
11-14-2013, 08:35 AM
Cardinals blitzed. :toropalm:

That pretty much sums it up. :kitten:

Honoring Earl 34
11-14-2013, 09:12 AM
A bit of road work never hurts . :kitten:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES32UFlPOUA

Marcus
11-14-2013, 09:22 AM
I just know that some wouldn't dare to purposely take Kubiak's statements completely out of context on this sort of thing.

Naaa . . Perish that thought. That couldn't possibly happen.

HJam72
11-14-2013, 09:25 AM
If I see Schaub again, the colored soap is coming out to stay.

Honoring Earl 34
11-14-2013, 09:29 AM
I just know that some wouldn't dare to purposely take Kubiak's statements completely out of context on this sort of thing.

The fact that even out of context , it's believable , is scary .

Double Barrel
11-14-2013, 10:07 AM

This is true, but remember this is the Texans. There were 31 other teams that would not pay a gimpy over-the-hill safety $6 million, too.

I'm not sure if the Texans FO understands that other teams operate differently than they do.

This ^^

I have no idea why anyone in here thinks that Schaub somehow has a market at this time. His market is slightly higher than Rex Grossman at this point. The only HC that this fixation on Schaub is the genius we've had for 8 seasons.

I do not think anyone here thinks Schaub has trade value.

You sort of answered your own statement with the last sentence. This is Kubiak we are talking about, Marvin Lewis 2.0 of the AFC South. 8 seasons and two playoff wins.

While the rest of us and 31 other teams don't see trade value, that does not mean the Texans FO sees the same thing.

Well, we are a collective group-think as a forum. :overreact:

In all seriousness, though, what context do you think Kubiak meant that statement? Just motivation for both QBs?

Kubiak has always been sort of cryptic with his statements. Often they are probably just sort of milquetoast wording to avoid letting any information out. So yeah, probably overreaction by fans - what we do! - and not much else to it.

That said, he's sailing the seas of cheese. :cheese:

Marcus
11-14-2013, 11:03 AM
In all seriousness, though, what context do you think Kubiak meant that statement? Just motivation for both QBs?

Oh! Gracious sakes alive! It couldn't possibly be that! :thud:

Double Barrel
11-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Oh! Gracious sakes alive! It couldn't possibly be that! :thud:

Well, yeah, but not nearly as fun as speculating as internet GMs! :fingergun:

Rey
11-14-2013, 11:40 AM
I'm very encouraged by what I have seen in Keenum. Certainly, from an entertainment standpoint, at 2-7, I want to watch Keenum at QB and not Matt Schaub... However, Keenum is 0-3 in his starts. It hardly smacks as insanity to consider returning to the veteran QB who led the team to two division titles and did start the season with two come from way behind wins... And, that game this past Sunday was a pretty poor performance from Keenum- lots of bad decisions and difficulty dealing with the blitz. I happen to think he missed Kubiak's game planning and preparation last week... and probably playcalling as well. However, he wasn't good- despite the TDs and the energy/excitement.

I think Kubes will stick with Keenum as long as it makes sense to do so. However, though we have seen some good things, the NFL may figure Keenum out and expose him. Then, there are concerns beyond just winning games.. like destroying Keenum's confidence, etc...He is still winless in the NFL. Be careful about that bandwagon!

You sound like you have a huge crush on Matt and Gary.

Runner
11-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Well, yeah, but not nearly as fun as speculating as internet GMs! :fingergun:

I just enjoy watching the football pros do their jobs. Most Internet GMs would have cut the kicker by now. It's good to see the pros aren't that dumb. They know things we don't, obviously.

Dutchrudder
11-14-2013, 11:44 AM
Translation: I don't want Keenum to get comfortable and complacent.

http://benkolera.com/images/barbrady.jpg

Double Barrel
11-14-2013, 12:17 PM
I just enjoy watching the football pros do their jobs. Most Internet GMs would have cut the kicker by now. It's good to see the pros aren't that dumb. They know things we don't, obviously.

yep. We are oblivious...apparently.

For instance, Derek Newton. He's not really the worst RT in the league. He just needs some encouragement to work it out.

And the kicker? The kid's performance is not really indicative of his talent. He just needs some encouragement to work it out, too.

And apparently the same with Schaub. He didn't really set an NFL record for consecutive pick 6 games. Well, he technically did, of course, but c'mon, just give the kid some encouragement and he'll work it out.

It's obvious these kids just need more encouragement, and our negativity as a fan base is certainly not giving them any confidence. We are so mean. All we care about is winning, but we cannot see how hard these kids work in practice. And that really matters on Kirby.

Hervoyel
11-14-2013, 12:44 PM

yeah, unlike Schaub. :strangle:

It's what you do after they expose your limitations that matters. That's where a players football IQ steps to the front of the stage. What's between your ears matters so much at this level.

Unless you go the DeAndre Hopkins route and beat them to the punch by exposing yourself first.

Coolhand_Luke
11-14-2013, 12:49 PM
Boy, you don't know Kubiak!!

mussop
11-14-2013, 12:51 PM
Why is Kubiak still here. The season is over. McNair should take the words right out of Kubiaks mouth. I'm not giving anyone anything. Especially not a head coach. Seriously? Marciano, bullock, Schaub? What a joke. :cheese:

Why not start the search now? Give the new head coach a chance to test drive the team.

Coolhand_Luke
11-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Nothing Kubiac does surprises me when it comes down to the blind loyalty with his guys. We all have seen it, K. walter, Schaub, Marciano, frank Bush.....the list goes on. Schaub never was that good a quaterback. In his best years, he was above average(yea, I get it he went to the pro bowl, but so did wade Smith last year.....). Schaub has a lot of limitations and idiotic Kubiak decided to stick with him. Most of Schaub big numbers came from against mediorce to bad teams bc we were bad and had soft schedule. When play against tough competitions, he crumbled....and that's a fact. Even playing the Bengals last year, most of us forget that we nearly lost that game, when Matty threw the ball straight into a D lineman coming at him. And it continued to snow ball from the last 1/3 of last season to this year for Matty. THis was supposed to be a breakthrough year for us and Matty could not handle the pressure. The team was healthy for most of the part when Matty was playing. If he gets cut right now or by end of season, no one will have him as a starter, I think everyone can agree to that.

Here comes Kubiac with his lame comment about the QB situation. Kub, no one wants to see your boy on the field ever again, and most of us don't want you around either. Your record speaks for itself, a 0.500 HC. The team will find the way to make it looks like you're stepping down by end of season just because Bob likes you that much. You want to criticize Case and throw him under the bus after he's done many good thing, with no running back, a pathetic Oline?? Enough of this comedy already. You don't need to crack anymore jokes, bc people already laughing at you enough, coach. Case did not play well on the last drive when he threw the ball away on 3rd down and 2nd down, but make no mistakes that he did a lot of good things on that game considering he had to run for his life most of the game. So what if he had some near picks passes? that would still put his TD to int ratio at a respectable level. What happened to the "I got to fix me, I got to protect Matt.....bs" after Matty fell flats on his face, game after game?? why don't you offer Case some benifits of a doubt. You're done as HC with this team, dude. How can you lead a team when you almost dropped dead(no punt intended) out fear/stress on the sideline? I wish you could stay as an OC but it's not how this business works. So long Coach!!

EllisUnit
11-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Nothing Kubiac does surprises me when it comes down to the blind loyalty with his guys. We all have seen it, K. walter, Schaub, Marciano, frank Bush.....the list goes on. Schaub never was that good a quaterback. In his best years, he was above average(yea, I get it he went to the pro bowl, but so did wade Smith last year.....). Schaub has a lot of limitations and idiotic Kubiak decided to stick with him. Most of Schaub big numbers came from against mediorce to bad teams bc we were bad and had soft schedule. When play against tough competitions, he crumbled....and that's a fact. Even playing the Bengals last year, most of us forget that we nearly lost that game, when Matty threw the ball straight into a D lineman coming at him. And it continued to snow ball from the last 1/3 of last season to this year for Matty. THis was supposed to be a breakthrough year for us and Matty could not handle the pressure. The team was healthy for most of the part when Matty was playing. If he gets cut right now or by end of season, no one will have him as a starter, I think everyone can agree to that.

Here comes Kubiac with his lame comment about the QB situation. Kub, no one wants to see your boy on the field ever again, and most of us don't want you around either. Your record speaks for itself, a 0.500 HC. The team will find the way to make it looks like you're stepping down by end of season just because Bob likes you that much. You want to criticize Case and throw him under the bus after he's done many good thing, with no running back, a pathetic Oline?? Enough of this comedy already. You don't need to crack anymore jokes, bc people already laughing at you enough, coach. Case did not play well on the last drive when he threw the ball away on 3rd down and 2nd down, but make no mistakes that he did a lot of good things on that game considering he had to run for his life most of the game. So what if he had some near picks passes? that would still put his TD to int ratio at a respectable level. What happened to the "I got to fix me, I got to protect Matt.....bs" after Matty fell flats on his face, game after game?? why don't you offer Case some benifits of a doubt. You're done as HC with this team, dude. How can you lead a team when you almost dropped dead(no punt intended) out fear/stress on the sideline? I wish you could stay as an OC but it's not how this business works. So long Coach!!

I do agree with this, he never put blame on Schaub when he messed up, he alwasy said I our we or some BS, and then here comes case and he straight up calls him out saying he has made a lot of mistakes this and that. Wow Kubiak must be trying to live his failed back up carer through Schaub..

speedfreek
11-14-2013, 01:36 PM
No way Gary benches Keenum for Schaub if Matt looks good in practice -- that would be as dumb as keeping Bollocks as the starting kicker when other guys (that have played with us already) are out there..

:wadepalm:

TJ

IDEXAN
11-14-2013, 01:37 PM
Schaub won't just be in the NFL next year, he'll be starting for somebody though certainly not here in Houston. Whatever his shortcomings and liabilites, there's 31 other teams and many have QBs who lack both talent & experience.
I can even see a scenario where Schaub is starting in the AFC South next year
for the Titans or Jags if they decide to draft a QB and need somebody to start for them in the near term while developing their young QB.

Rey
11-14-2013, 01:43 PM
That last statement is just funny in a "I can't believe this guy has coached our team so f'n long kind of way".

You're not going to give anyone anything...especially the qb? Really?

So what reason would you have for putting Matt back in there? Because he's earned it in practice? Seriously?

Pardon my French, but if kubiak throws Matt back out there for any reason besides a case injury in going to be convinced that they are screwing. Being lovers is the only reason I can come up with for why he'd coddle Schaub like this. Maybe his hidden kid from his teenage years.

The statement alone shows a disconnect with reality. Kubiak is not mentally fit to be an nfl head coach.

Honestly, it's probably best for all involved including him and his health, if he just bows out.

Honoring Earl 34
11-14-2013, 02:16 PM
Schaub won't just be in the NFL next year, he'll be starting for somebody though certainly not here in Houston. Whatever his shortcomings and liabilites, there's 31 other teams and many have QBs who lack both talent & experience.
I can even see a scenario where Schaub is starting in the AFC South next year
for the Titans or Jags if they decide to draft a QB and need somebody to start for them in the near term while developing their young QB.

No way because no other coach has or wants to bend over backwards to hide Schaubs shortcomings .

TejasTom
11-14-2013, 04:04 PM
Translation: I don't want Keenum to get comfortable and complacent.

Keenum doesn't have time for either the way the O-line is playing.

infantrycak
11-14-2013, 04:21 PM
Why is Kubiak still here. The season is over. McNair should take the words right out of Kubiaks mouth. I'm not giving anyone anything. Especially not a head coach. Seriously? Marciano, bullock, Schaub? What a joke. :cheese:

Why not start the search now? Give the new head coach a chance to test drive the team.

Exactly where are you going to find a HC in the middle of the NFL and college seasons?

thunderkyss
11-14-2013, 04:22 PM

So how's that working out for us?

Kubiak's got a decision to make in about 5 months. He doesn't have time to put pressure on Keenum in the off-season. It's got to be now.

thunderkyss
11-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Well, we are a collective group-think as a forum. :overreact:

In all seriousness, though, what context do you think Kubiak meant that statement?

Someone probably asked him if Matt is mailing it in.

bckey
11-14-2013, 04:59 PM
Exactly where are you going to find a HC in the middle of the NFL and college seasons?

Up in the booth.

Double Barrel
11-14-2013, 05:34 PM

Some fans just don't pay attention. McNair will never fire a head coach in the middle of the season. Never.

For a city that hated Bud Adams, there sure are a lot of folks that seem to want an owner that acts just like him.

Rey
11-14-2013, 06:22 PM

Kubiak's got a decision to make in about 5 months. He doesn't have time to put pressure on Keenum in the off-season. It's got to be now

So you think case doesn't feel pressure to perform? You think if kubiak hadn't said this case would go all cruise control, like yeah, I got this?

Let's be real here. You don't think that the potential for this team to pick a qb in round 1 is enough of a motivator for him to perform?

Kubiak meant what he said. There's absolutely no motivational quality in it. He's ready to throw Schaub back in there.

My concern with the statement is how long of a rope is he going to give case. If he yanks him after a bad game or two, that's an issue. You need to fully evaluate this guy and short of monumental melt down, he should remain the starter.

If case proves he's not the guy, then I don't care what kubiak does at qb because we'll need to take one in the first round anyways.

But my concern with the statement is that kubiak won't give case the rope that he should have. Which makes no sense.

amazing80
11-14-2013, 06:53 PM
So you think case doesn't feel pressure to perform? You think if kubiak hadn't said this case would go all cruise control, like yeah, I got this?

Let's be real here. You don't think that the potential for this team to pick a qb in round 1 is enough of a motivator for him to perform?

Kubiak meant what he said. There's absolutely no motivational quality in it. He's ready to throw Schaub back in there.

My concern with the statement is how long of a rope is he going to give case. If he yanks him after a bad game or two, that's an issue. You need to fully evaluate this guy and short of monumental melt down, he should remain the starter.

If case proves he's not the guy, then I don't care what kubiak does at qb because we'll need to take one in the first round anyways.

But my concern with the statement is that kubiak won't give case the rope that he should have. Which makes no sense.

agreed

(on if hell use the rest of the year to see if QB Case Keenum can start each week and be a starter in the NFL) No, I wouldnt say that. Im going to keep going week-to-week. Matts (Schaub) working really hard. I know what Matt wants back on the field. I think Case has played really well and done a lot of good things. He has made a lot of mistakes too that hes got to correct. Weve been in some close ball games with the ball in his hand at the end of the game and weve got to get over the hump there. I think we just keep going. I think he needs a little pressure on him to continue to have to play well and stay in there. Im not going to give anybody anything, much less a quarterback.

that was the exact quote, to me its more than pressure on case, its a way to say matt will start again just waiting for case to make one mistake

thunderkyss
11-14-2013, 07:10 PM

Can never be enough pressure for a franchise QB.

I firmly believe if we had Aaron Rodgers here, it wouldn't be enough. We need a right tackle, we need an OLB. If the Texans feel they Case can handle the job, we may not be "forced" to reach for the next Blaine Gabbert.

& let's be honest here. Regardless what the coach says, Matt isn't pushing anybody. He just wants to promote the appearance that there's competition, kinda like that preseason back-up QB competition.

Case is Kubiak's guy. Just as much as Matt ever was. We've seen nothing to make anyone think Kubiak will pull Case too soon. If Kubiak really wanted Matt back in the game, he'd have yanked him after that fumble returned for a TD in Arizona.

thunderkyss
11-14-2013, 07:17 PM
agreed

(on if he’ll use the rest of the year to see if QB Case Keenum can start each week and be a starter in the NFL) “No, I wouldn’t say that. I’m going to keep going week-to-week. Matt’s (Schaub) working really hard. I know what Matt wants back on the field. I think Case has played really well and done a lot of good things. He has made a lot of mistakes too that he’s got to correct. We’ve been in some close ball games with the ball in his hand at the end of the game and we’ve got to get over the hump there. I think we just keep going. I think he needs a little pressure on him to continue to have to play well and stay in there. I’m not going to give anybody anything, much less a quarterback.”

that was the exact quote, to me its more than pressure on case, its a way to say matt will start again just waiting for case to make one mistake

Guess what the Raiders are going to do to Case. They're going to blitz him. This is game 4, Case has got to give them a reason to change their mind. I haven't seen the all 22. I haven't even watched the 2nd half of the Arizona game (yet... just a matter of time), but I guarantee you he had options he didn't take.

Yes, the blitz is going to beat him every now & again, but he's got to beat it from time to time. If defenses don't respect his ability, he has no business starting.

Don't take this to mean I don't think he can do it. I'm hoping with everything I can..... all the koolaid we've got left, that we win the next 7 games straight up. It is my wish that Keenum breaks every one of Matt Schaub's records, & Carr's consecutive completion record. But the reality is we've got less than 200 yards of total offense in the second half of the last 3 games combined. Not all Case's fault (just like 2-4 wasn't all Schaub), but he's a big part of it. He's the QB.

bckey
11-14-2013, 07:20 PM
Case is Kubiak's guy. Just as much as Matt ever was. We've seen nothing to make anyone think Kubiak will pull Case too soon. If Kubiak really wanted Matt back in the game, he'd have yanked him after that fumble returned for a TD in Arizona.

Maybe he didn't because he wasn't there. Phillips was coaching that game.

76Texan
11-14-2013, 07:24 PM
It freaking burns me.
You have a QB coming into AZ and performed way better than the rest; more highly regarded.

The lack of real accountability has shown

Kubiak is gone:

dalemurphy
11-14-2013, 07:26 PM
You sound like you have a huge crush on Matt and Gary.

Just Gary. I like Matt but recognize,better, the degree of his physical limitations after seeing keenum the past few weeks. Still, keenum is 0-3 with the inability to get it done in close games in the 4 the quarter in all 3games.

BullBlitz
11-14-2013, 09:39 PM
Just Gary. I like Matt but recognize,better, the degree of his physical limitations after seeing keenum the past few weeks. Still, keenum is 0-3 with the inability to get it done in close games in the 4 the quarter in all 3games.

And what is Matt's record in the prior 4 games?

houstonhurricane
11-14-2013, 10:41 PM
It's actually easy for Kubiak to make this statement in advance of a stretch where Case has Oakland and Jacksonville coming up...at home. Keenum should light both up and at that point he is in for the duration of the season...just needs a win or two.

chenjy9
11-14-2013, 11:31 PM

Hard to try and close out games with no run game and a broken O-line letting guys blitz at will. Imagine what Keenum could have done behind OD, Foster, Andre and our O-Line from a couple of seasons back. Hell, imagine Keenum behind our team in the beginning of the season when still relatively healthy.

Norg
11-15-2013, 12:01 AM
Case is 0-3 jus saying I can cee were if he does not win and starts to play bad he cold be sent right back to the bench

how many games are left 6 I would hope we don't lose the rest of the way

thunderkyss
11-15-2013, 02:47 AM
It's actually easy for Kubiak to make this statement in advance of a stretch where Case has Oakland and Jacksonville coming up...at home. Keenum should light both up and at that point he is in for the duration of the season...just needs a win or two.

We're 2-7. Even if we beat Oakland & Jacksonville, we'll be 4-7. There will not be an appropriate time for Kubiak to say he is satisfied with anything on this team unless the rest of the AFC chokes & we sneak into the play-offs at 9-7.

He can't say that he's happy with his QB..... he's been saying that for 6 years & you see where that's got us. He can't say he's happy with his OL, Special Teams, or defense. Or his coaching staff, or anything.

This is one huge disappointment.

You've just got to know that Kubiak isn't going to put Schaub in the game. There's no reason for it. He's not going to say it this year, but Case Keenum has been our starting QB since KC & he'll be treated like it. He's going to get some slack, he'll be allowed to make mistakes, he's not going to get benched, even if he has a bad game.

But Rick Smith is not going to rush to sign him to an extension with $60M guaranteed, we're not going to cut Schaub & Gary will not announce Case is our "starting QB" for the remainder of the season.

76Texan
11-15-2013, 05:47 AM

Kubiak's got a decision to make in about 5 months. He doesn't have time to put pressure on Keenum in the off-season. It's got to be now.

So you're saying KubiAk finally learns how to do his job ?:kitten::bravo:

76Texan
11-15-2013, 05:51 AM
We're 2-7. Even if we beat Oakland & Jacksonville, we'll be 4-7. There will not be an appropriate time for Kubiak to say he is satisfied with anything on this team unless the rest of the AFC chokes & we sneak into the play-offs at 9-7.

He can't say that he's happy with his QB..... he's been saying that for 6 years & you see where that's got us. He can't say he's happy with his OL, Special Teams, or defense. Or his coaching staff, or anything.

This is one huge disappointment.

You've just got to know that Kubiak isn't going to put Schaub in the game. There's no reason for it. He's not going to say it this year, but Case Keenum has been our starting QB since KC & he'll be treated like it. He's going to get some slack, he'll be allowed to make mistakes, he's not going to get benched, even if he has a bad game.

But Rick Smith is not going to rush to sign him to an extension with $60M guaranteed, we're not going to cut Schaub & Gary will not announce Case is our "starting QB" for the remainder of the season.

And now you're saying that you just know Rick is going to his job as well.
I laugh so hard.
That was comic gold.
:lol:

Runner
11-15-2013, 07:23 AM

I'm somewhat surprised you couldn't see these physical limitations when comparing Schaub to other NFL quarterbacks in the beginning of the year. Maybe some study of other organizations for comparison to the Texans would help set the bar when evaluating the team/players.

HTown2ATX
11-15-2013, 08:22 AM
Some fans just don't pay attention. McNair will never fire a head coach in the middle of the season. Never.

For a city that hated Bud Adams, there sure are a lot of folks that seem to want an owner that acts just like him.

You are correct in that some fans somehow haven't yet realized McNair will never do that kind of thing.

On the Bud Adams thing, I thought the hate for him really came later when the move started and happened (I was born in 1980 so I may be incorrect in how long he was or wasn't hated, my perception was that the main hate, or at least the hate I had for him, pretty much started with the move to shantyville) and that the hate wasn't so much decisions he made while the Oilers were still in place in Houston.

My personal opinion, I like Bob McNair ok enough as he is but I would prefer him to have just a sprinkle or a dash of Jerry Jones or Bud Adams in him at times and not be so plaid picnic table about everything. Too much to hope for?

Hervoyel
11-15-2013, 09:20 AM
Clearly there are a lot of factors that have gone into Case's 0-3 record. To be fair there have been issues other than Matt Schaub's penchant for spotting the other team 6 points that helped him to a 2-4 record before Case took over. It's a team sport and any player can derail the win. A QB can kill you but so can a kicker. A RT can kill you. An offense can do everything right and the defense can let you down. The same is true the other way around.

If the Texans had won the last 3 games instead of losing them we'd be 5-4 right now, the Colts would be 6-4 and the upcoming game against Oakland would be for first place in the AFC South.

Schaub's name wouldn't have ever even been brought up. 7 points over three games is all that stands between Case being the savior of the season and people speculating that Schaub could rise zombie-like from the grave and get on the field.

Even with that being true two more wins over the Raiders and Jaguars will pretty much end any more talk about this. An upset win over either the Patriots, Colts, or Broncos will I think bring him back next year and affect the Texans upcoming draft decision pushing it away from QB in the first and toward a player at either ILB, OLB, or RT.

Double Barrel
11-15-2013, 11:14 AM
You are correct in that some fans somehow haven't yet realized McNair will never do that kind of thing.

On the Bud Adams thing, I thought the hate for him really came later when the move started and happened (I was born in 1980 so I may be incorrect in how long he was or wasn't hated, my perception was that the main hate, or at least the hate I had for him, pretty much started with the move to shantyville) and that the hate wasn't so much decisions he made while the Oilers were still in place in Houston.

My personal opinion, I like Bob McNair ok enough as he is but I would prefer him to have just a sprinkle or a dash of Jerry Jones or Bud Adams in him at times and not be so plaid picnic table about everything. Too much to hope for?

Moving the team just hermetically sealed the long-simmering hatred this city has had for decades toward Bud Adams.

My first recollection of the Bud hate - and when the hate seeds were planted in me - was in 1980. Bud fired Bum Phillips after a playoff loss. Then in 1984 he shipped off Earl Campbell to New Orleans.

Bud has had a rather acrimonious relationship with the city. He basically used extortion with threats to move the team on quite a few occasions. In 1987, Bud threatened to move the Oilers to Jacksonville. As a result, the Astrdome got $67 million in renovations (including ripping out the famous scoreboard to add 10,000 seats). This was a 30 year bond that we are still paying off to this day.

There are some good books out there about Oilers history that really goes into detail from the beginning, if you are interested.

Oiler Blues: The Story of Pro Football's Most Frustrating Team (http://www.amazon.com/Oiler-Blues-Story-Footballs-Frustrating/dp/1891422006)

Loser Takes All: Bud Adams, Bad Football, & Big Business (http://www.amazon.com/Loser-Takes-All-Football-Business/dp/1563524325/ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_1)

Tolar's Ghost
11-15-2013, 12:58 PM
No doubt that Adams was a goober (albeit a rich one). But the man behind the team's move to Tennessee was a fellow named Mike McClure, one of Adams' "lieutenants" at the Oilers.

Adams wrote into McClure's contract that he (McClure) would get a $1 million bonus if he could secure a new stadium for the team -- wherever the stadium would be. Didn't matter if it would be in Missoula, Montana (well, you get the point).

Not being from Texas or having ties here, McClure started calling around, and eventually the deal was struck to move the team, and get a new stadium, in Nashville.

And the rest is NFL history. McClain and Fowler would verify the story, although Fowler, now an ordained minister (living in Colorado), probably wouldn't want to deal with such mundane matters...

CloakNNNdagger
11-15-2013, 01:10 PM
Looks like Schaub has been named the starter for Sunday............

....................if Lechler can't go..............as a holder for our man Bullock.:kubepalm::wadepalm:

Tolar's Ghost
11-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Well-done!

I'm a Steeler fan first, and Texan fan second. But you had me pissed.

By the way, I expect Keenum to put the Schaub's-in-the-bullpen talk to rest by about 3:15 Sunday afternoon.

Rey
11-15-2013, 01:13 PM
Who is the punter if lechler can't go? I think I missed that.

Exascor
11-15-2013, 01:14 PM

Kubiak said they'd just go for it. Seriously.

CloakNNNdagger
11-15-2013, 01:14 PM

Posted the answer in the Lechler thread.

badboy
11-15-2013, 01:23 PM
No doubt that Adams was a goober (albeit a rich one). But the man behind the team's move to Tennessee was a fellow named Mike McClure, one of Adam's "lieutenants" at the Oilers.

Adams wrote into McClure's contract that he (McClure) would get a $1 million bonus if he could secure a new stadium for the team -- wherever the stadium would be. Didn't matter if it would be in Missoula, Montana (well, you get the point).

Not being from Texas or having ties here, McClure started calling around, and eventually the deal was struck to move the team, and get a new stadium, in Nashville.

And the rest is NFL history. McClain and Fowler would verify the story, although Fowler, now an ordained minister (living in Colorado), probably wouldn't want to deal with such mundane matters...Thanks for update on Fowler. I use to be a frequent caller to his program. Lost track after he went to a golf program early morning. I really liked the guy.

As a side note on Adams getting seats and remodel of Astrodome, I think a former owner of Astros (New York guy?) had told Bud he wanted the renovation also and would side with Adams to get it done but then he backed out or something. Astros enjoyed the renovations without much of the resulting hatred, IIRC.

Tolar's Ghost
11-15-2013, 01:30 PM
I worked with Fowler at the Chronicle, and knew him from my days at the Post (all of this, of course, in my pre-Ghost life).

I like him a lot. Loved his Tomorrow's News Today columns two or three times a year. He would take current sports news and project future stories. He would have had a treasure trove of material with the Texans.

Becoming a minister....quite a career change from sports writing. But he's happy doing it...

Double Barrel
11-15-2013, 03:18 PM
Thanks for update on Fowler. I use to be a frequent caller to his program. Lost track after he went to a golf program early morning. I really liked the guy.

Was that the "Three Amigos" show with Fowler, Dan Patrick, and Kenny Hand? That was before 24 hour sports radio.

As a side note on Adams getting seats and remodel of Astrodome, I think a former owner of Astros (New York guy?) had told Bud he wanted the renovation also and would side with Adams to get it done but then he backed out or something. Astros enjoyed the renovations without much of the resulting hatred, IIRC.

I do have to give some credit to Bud when he admitted his greatest regret in life was not letting Drayton McLane move the Astros first. He knew he has been played a fool when McLane started whining about the same Astrodome he was promoting after the Oilers left. Everyone was so upset with losing the NFL that the gave McLane anything/everything he wanted in a stadium deal.

If Bud had been patient, he would have the shiny new stadium in Houston and no doubt that MLB would have found a team to move here to replace the Astros.

So while I'm no fan of Bud, I can appreciate someone admitting a mistake.

Tolar's Ghost
11-15-2013, 03:58 PM
DB - Right you are...The Three Amigos, on KSEV (700 AM).

But I think the three were Patrick, Fowler and John O'Reilly, who had been a longtime sports voice at KTRH.

(Patrick and I sparred some over the years. But he had me on his show for two hours when the Post was bought out by the Chronicle. Nice of him to do that.)

Honoring Earl 34
11-15-2013, 04:17 PM

But I think the three were Patrick, Fowler and John O'Reilly, who had been a longtime sports voice at KTRH.

(Patrick and I sparred some over the years. But he had me on his show for two hours when the Post was bought out by the Chronicle. Nice of him to do that.)

Tolar's Ghost is for Charlie ?

Tolar and another guy ( thinking an old Oiler ) in the mid 1970's , were drivng around and stopped at my house because my brother and I were playing football in the street . They challenged my brother and I to a game . They were dressed up in slacks and nice shirts and appeared to have had a few . They couldn't stop laughing because they were slipping and sliding .

Double Barrel
11-15-2013, 05:37 PM

That's cool to read. Now that you mention John O'Reilly, the name rings a bell.

Was Kenny Hand ever on the show a guest spot or fill in for one of them? I think he was a writer at one of the local papers, too, iirc.

I most likely heard you as a caller or guest, because I was devoted to the show, especially during football season. Of course, pre-internet, the only ways to get info was through the paper or sports shows on news radio.

drs23
11-15-2013, 05:58 PM
Of course, pre-internet, the only ways to get info was through the paper or sports shows on news radio.

Dayum, you're old! Kinda like me. :D

Hervoyel
11-15-2013, 06:38 PM
So you're saying KubiAk finally learns how to do his job ?:kitten::bravo:

If watching the Texans since their inception has taught me anything it is that in the NFL damn near anything is possible.

Tolar's Ghost
11-15-2013, 08:10 PM
Tolar's Ghost is for Charlie?...

Nope, I'm not Charlie. But I like his show (and know him).

I wrote for the Post for many years, and had a brief -and altogether forgettable - stint at the Chronicle.

These days I write emails (and, of course, clear, concise, astute message-board posts).

Honoring Earl 34
11-15-2013, 08:17 PM
Nope, I'm not Charlie. But I like his show (and know him).

I wrote for the Post for many years, and had a brief -and altogether forgettable - stint at the Chronicle.

These days I write emails (and, of course, clear, concise, astute message-board posts).

I read the Post for years because that's what my parents read . I think I kept the last copy . Glad to have your experience on board .

Tolar's Ghost
11-15-2013, 08:18 PM
...Was Kenny Hand ever on the show a guest spot or fill in for one of them? I think he was a writer at one of the local papers, too, iirc...

You're right - Kenny wrote for years, for The Post. He covered the Astros for many years, then became a columnist.

After the Post was bought out he was on radio for a while (I'm thinking KPRC or KSEV). Good guy. I think he's still a regular on the Extra Points show on Channel 13 early Saturday night...

steelbtexan
11-15-2013, 09:33 PM
Look, if the texans don't give a ****, neither do I.

^^^^
This

Honoring Earl 34
11-16-2013, 08:48 AM
^^^^
This

People will tailgate until halftime .:chef::roast::beerfunnel:

Texecutioner
11-16-2013, 10:35 AM
I hope that Kubiak does bring Schaub back. That would pretty much seal his fate with this organization, so I"m all for it. Kubiak would probably never become a head coach of any other organization again, and Sumlin will probably leave the Aggies in a few years. It would set Kubiak up perfectly to take the HC job at Texas A&M for years. I'd love to see that happen.

Tolar's Ghost
11-16-2013, 11:25 AM
I think Kubiak was simply trying to light a fire under Keenum -- not that one needed to be lit.

It was a bit unsettling for Kubiak to say Keenum has done some good things but "made a lot of mistakes." He never talked about Schaub that way, not even when Schaub was at his worst this season.

But I think all of this will be a moot point in a few weeks. Unless the Texans reel off some wins, I think Kubiak will be gone. It'll be positioned that it's his decision, and that he needs some time away from the game.

EllisUnit
11-16-2013, 02:29 PM
I think Kubiak was simply trying to light a fire under Keenum -- not that one needed to be lit.

It was a bit unsettling for Kubiak to say Keenum has done some good things but "made a lot of mistakes." He never talked about Schaub that way, not even when Schaub was at his worst this season.

But I think all of this will be a moot point in a few weeks. Unless the Texans reel off some wins, I think Kubiak will be gone. It'll be positioned that it's his decision, and that he needs some time away from the game.

Na Kubiak will still be here especially if he can make this offense click on all cylinders like he did the first half of the indy game thats without Foster and O.D, but i do see some changes coming, in what form i do not know.

bckey
11-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Na Kubiak will still be here especially if he can make this offense click on all cylinders like he did the first half of the indy game thats without Foster and O.D, but i do see some changes coming, in what form i do not know.

I disagree. I think he is a goner. Enough is enough even for the extremely patient McNair. No more excuses.

EllisUnit
11-16-2013, 04:10 PM
I disagree. I think he is a goner. Enough is enough even for the extremely patient McNair. No more excuses.

Enough is enough for us as fans, but Mcnair will look back at this season and see all of Schaubs unfortunate mistakes that cost us, he will see we lost Foster, O.D, Manning, Cushing and then he will see Kubiaks health issue he had and give him one more season. Which will be the final year of his deal anyways.

Tolar's Ghost
11-16-2013, 05:46 PM
I disagree. I think he is a goner...

Well, to borrow from the old Miller Lite commercials....I feel strongly both ways.

I have to separate my personal fondness for him from the fact that the team was bumblin' and stumblin' when it should have been piling up wins.

His devotion to Schaub was strange, and reminds me a lot of Cowher's loyalty to Kordell Stewart. In the end it will probably be his undoing.

thunderkyss
11-16-2013, 07:34 PM
His devotion to Schaub was strange, and reminds me a lot of Cowher's loyalty to Kordell Stewart. In the end it will probably be his undoing.

I honestly don't see where Kubiak showed more devotion towards Schaub than what Schaub earned. Schaub has shown to play better than both Eli & Flacco for extended periods of time... the regular season. He's got the stats & the wins that says, "if he's having a couple of bad games, you cut him some slack."

Many here hate Schaub, plain & simple, because he hasn't shown to be clutch (strangely enough, neither has his replacement) & he's got a receding hairline. Bad.

But he's put up the stats & the Ws.

He threw an interception in the first game of the year.... but he made up for it, making plays to lead the team to victory. He threw a pick 6 in Tennessee, but he made up for it with another come from behind victory in OT.

He wasn't overly impressive in Baltimore. He was overly cautious & I know fans hate that. but I'm sure a coach would have looked at that as "not a good game" instead of a "bad game."

But he started the Seattle game like he got all that crap figured out & he was back on track & the team was back on track. then he threw the pick 6 in the 4th Qtr. I can't imagine anyone benching Schaub after the first half he had.

SF was bad. In light of the interceptions thrown in previous weeks, yes.... Schaub should have been benched after throwing three in this game.

I would have... & I believe any coach in the league would have started Matt Schaub against St Louis. He made some bad plays in the previous 5 games, but SF was really the only bad game. He played good enough for most of those games (not counting SF) with one bad play in each.

You can't point to another starting QB with Schaub's history, that was benched after three bad games. 5 years of top 10 stats, two pro bowls, back to back 10 win seasons, back to back division championships... it's rare. Look at Jake Delhomme, look at Carson Palmer. They played complete seasons before the team decided it was time to move on.

The thing to remember though, is that Case Keenum is every bit "Gary's guy" as Matt Schaub ever was. He probably doesn't get the lattitude Schaub had, but we know for a fact he'll be allowed to have a bad second half in three consecutive games & still start the following week. We know for a fact that he can fumble the ball in multiple games & still come back to start the next week. We know for a fact that he can lose a fumble that effectively ends a game we could have won & come back to start the next week. We know for a fact that he can lose a fumble at the beginning of a game, put his team in a hole (ala Jacoby Jones who was run out of town for a similar incident, even though the Ravens didn't score on that play) & still come back to start the next week.

So I wouldn't worry about Kubiak starting Schaub anytime soon. He's already shown us that Case would have to do much worse than Matt did to get pulled.

EllisUnit
11-16-2013, 08:15 PM
I honestly don't see where Kubiak showed more devotion towards Schaub than what Schaub earned. Schaub has shown to play better than both Eli & Flacco for extended periods of time... the regular season. He's got the stats & the wins that says, "if he's having a couple of bad games, you cut him some slack."

Many here hate Schaub, plain & simple, because he hasn't shown to be clutch (strangely enough, neither has his replacement) & he's got a receding hairline. Bad.

But he's put up the stats & the Ws.

He threw an interception in the first game of the year.... but he made up for it, making plays to lead the team to victory. He threw a pick 6 in Tennessee, but he made up for it with another come from behind victory in OT.

He wasn't overly impressive in Baltimore. He was overly cautious & I know fans hate that. but I'm sure a coach would have looked at that as "not a good game" instead of a "bad game."

But he started the Seattle game like he got all that crap figured out & he was back on track & the team was back on track. then he threw the pick 6 in the 4th Qtr. I can't imagine anyone benching Schaub after the first half he had.

SF was bad. In light of the interceptions thrown in previous weeks, yes.... Schaub should have been benched after throwing three in this game.

I would have... & I believe any coach in the league would have started Matt Schaub against St Louis. He made some bad plays in the previous 5 games, but SF was really the only bad game. He played good enough for most of those games (not counting SF) with one bad play in each.

You can't point to another starting QB with Schaub's history, that was benched after three bad games. 5 years of top 10 stats, two pro bowls, back to back 10 win seasons, back to back division championships... it's rare. Look at Jake Delhomme, look at Carson Palmer. They played complete seasons before the team decided it was time to move on.

The thing to remember though, is that Case Keenum is every bit "Gary's guy" as Matt Schaub ever was. He probably doesn't get the lattitude Schaub had, but we know for a fact he'll be allowed to have a bad second half in three consecutive games & still start the following week. We know for a fact that he can fumble the ball in multiple games & still come back to start the next week. We know for a fact that he can lose a fumble that effectively ends a game we could have won & come back to start the next week. We know for a fact that he can lose a fumble at the beginning of a game, put his team in a hole (ala Jacoby Jones who was run out of town for a similar incident, even though the Ravens didn't score on that play) & still come back to start the next week.

So I wouldn't worry about Kubiak starting Schaub anytime soon. He's already shown us that Case would have to do much worse than Matt did to get pulled.

The thing is that Case is basically a rookie not a 5-6 year vet, and in order to see if he is the future or if we need to draft a QB he needs to play.

thunderkyss
11-16-2013, 08:37 PM
The thing is that Case is basically a rookie not a 5-6 year vet, and in order to see if he is the future or if we need to draft a QB he needs to play.

It appears you took the bolded part of my comment out of context. My point is that Case is earning his playing time, he's Kubiak's guy & Kubiak will be as loyal to him as he ever was to Schaub.

EllisUnit
11-16-2013, 08:49 PM
It appears you took the bolded part of my comment out of context. My point is that Case is earning his playing time, he's Kubiak's guy & Kubiak will be as loyal to him as he ever was to Schaub.

it appears i did ;)

Rey
11-17-2013, 02:42 PM
That last statement is just funny in a "I can't believe this guy has coached our team so f'n long kind of way".

You're not going to give anyone anything...especially the qb? Really?

So what reason would you have for putting Matt back in there? Because he's earned it in practice? Seriously?

Pardon my French, but if kubiak throws Matt back out there for any reason besides a case injury in going to be convinced that they are screwing. Being lovers is the only reason I can come up with for why he'd coddle Schaub like this. Maybe his hidden kid from his teenage years.

The statement alone shows a disconnect with reality. Kubiak is not mentally fit to be an nfl head coach.

Honestly, it's probably best for all involved including him and his health, if he just bows out.

Exactly what I was concerned with.

Kubiak.

I don't care what Schaub does for the rest of the year. I'm convinced that Schaub isn't the guy going forward.

EllisUnit
11-17-2013, 02:54 PM
Even though we have lost 3 games in a row i was actually excited to watch Keenum play, he threw 8 TDs and 1 Int, sure he had a few fumbles that cost us, but atleast the boy tried and could make something happen even after a play had broken down.

You have made this franchise the laughing stock of the NFL. I know you were a back up and never had much of a career, but you cannot live ur past NFL career through Schaub. And even if it is what you are doing, then your wanna be career sucks......

jaayteetx
11-17-2013, 03:02 PM
I am not watching this game and I won't be watching any games MS is the QB either, I've seen this movie and I know how it ends.

ATXtexanfan
11-17-2013, 03:05 PM
would be nice if this ends kubiak

EllisUnit
11-17-2013, 03:06 PM
would be nice if this ends kubiak

Yeah but still it F's up my Sunday !

Lucky
11-17-2013, 03:08 PM
I'm convinced that Kubiak isn't the guy going forward.

fify

DX-TEX
11-17-2013, 03:12 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/MechDX/kubiakfire_zpsb297c39e.gif (http://s7.photobucket.com/user/MechDX/media/kubiakfire_zpsb297c39e.gif.html)

Texecutioner
Kind of sad that I'm happy about this, but it should end the KUbiak era once and for all. I'm rooting for the Texans to keep train wrecking so I won't have to see that stupid looking coach on the sidelines for anymore seasons. Ready to see him become the HC of the Aggies in the next 5 years.

HTown2ATX
this is a joke. kubiak just put in his own pink slip

Pollardized
11-17-2013, 03:14 PM
Be careful.... You'll have Kubiak's cousins-brother-sisters family members and supporters on the board in here getting in your asses pretty soon. You know it's not Kubiak's fault the team he assembled and stood by sucks so bad.

False Start
11-17-2013, 03:17 PM
This was definitely not a stroke of genius by Kubiak. If this doesn't end his time here, then I don't know what the hell to think.

EllisUnit
11-17-2013, 03:25 PM
This was definitely not a stroke of genius by Kubiak. If this doesn't end his time here, then I don't know what the hell to think.

My worst nightmare is coming true, we will win, Kubiak and Schaub will look like the heros and we will be stuck with them 4 more years.

cbs1507
11-17-2013, 03:35 PM
its not keenum's fault that the coaching staff cant adjust to other team's defensive adjustment.

where are the screens to running backs or bubble screens to wideouts to counter blitzes? how about sneaking in a a draw play when the whole world knows the raiders are blitzing?

The texans struggling and not scoring in the second half was a problem before Keenum ever took a snap for the texans.

Its absolutely DISGUSTING that Keenum was held in such a short leash while Schaub was given 7 years.

How is that even fair? What's the point of playing schaub again? Its evaluation time. Keep playing keenum, if you dont like him, play yates.

At least we get to know whether to draft a qb or not next year. Playing schaub does absolutely nothing for the present or future of this team.

SCRUB THIS ENTIRE COACHING STAFF!!!!

Clearly Schaub adjusted to the blitz better, he just cannot extend the play like Keenum. Same results 8 weeks in row.

DX-TEX
11-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Clearly Schaub adjusted to the blitz better, he just cannot extend the play like Keenum. Same results 8 weeks in row.

What Blitz? The Raiders almost completely stopped blitzing when Schaub came in

TheIronDuke
This was definitely not a stroke of genius by Kubiak.

I see what you did there!

tedr
My worst nightmare is coming true, we will win, Kubiak and Schaub will look like the heros and we will be stuck with them 4 more years.

No, Ellis, of course we didn't win. Because we suck...bad.

If Kubiak is not fired tonight, it will confirm to me that McNair's desire to win is way down on his priority list, if that hasn't been confirmed already.

EllisUnit
Well AJs first game in 2 weeks without a TD. He didnt look happy after this game for sure, this coaching staff is a joke.

ziggy29
11-17-2013, 03:38 PM

Yes, Schaub has a faster release and checks down better. But for one thing, he can't extend a play like Keenum can, and the Raiders barely blitzed Schaub today.

EllisUnit
What Blitz? The Raiders almost completely stopped blitzing when Schaub came in

Haha yeah they stopped blitzing and started playing zone, they knew Schaub wouldnt beat them deep and gave him all the underneath stuff he wanted.

kingtexan
If Kubiak is not fired tonight, it will confirm to me that McNair's desire to win is way down on his priority list, if that hasn't been confirmed already.

Has already been confirmed ... more than once.

WolverineFan
11-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Kubiak should have been fired years ago. If McNair sticks with him after this year then it's obvious that what we have in Houston is an owner problem, which is worse than a coaching problem.

eriadoc
11-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Keenum did what young players do - he tried to make things happen a bit too much. What that did was create some great plays, but also some negative plays. In the end, it just illustrated that no matter which QB is back there, the TEAM sucks. And Kubiak assembled this team.

False Start
11-17-2013, 03:42 PM
I see what you did there!

No pun intended.... ;)

midway
11-17-2013, 03:43 PM

Did you not watch the game? The Raiders didn't blitz Schaub until almost the very end of the game. You know why? Because they know they don't need to blitz him because he has no mobility, and he isn't someone they are afraid of carving them apart, regardless of how much time they give him.

nut
11-17-2013, 03:43 PM
The guy selling cotton candy is working hard too. What does that have to with it?

BigBull
11-17-2013, 03:44 PM
They lost to the freaking Raiders. If Kubiak doesn't get fire today it shows Bob has absolutely no nuts.:vincepalm:

nut
11-17-2013, 03:45 PM
If had balls, he would have fired him years ago.

EllisUnit
11-17-2013, 03:45 PM
So who says that his comments were just to pressure Keenum, haha no he meant it. I think Schaub is the rope that kubiak is finally hanging by. Well you would think so, but who knows with Mcnair, he may take this is a moral victory haha

bOODRO87
11-17-2013, 03:47 PM
LOL @ the people that were so sure this was just smoke. This is the Texans we're talking about. Not some standard NFL team.

Rey
11-17-2013, 03:49 PM
So who says that his comments were just to pressure Keenum, haha no he meant it. I think Schaub is the rope that kubiak is finally hanging by. Well you would think so, but who knows with Mcnair, he may take this is a moral victory haha

I knew it. Read it from a mile away.

I knew he was just itching to get his boy back in. I wasn't buying the motivation talk at all because it made no sense. Case didn't need kubiak to come out and say that for motivation. Kubiak was just exposing himself and his true thought process.

He's a sorry ass head coach and he needs to go.

EllisUnit
11-17-2013, 03:50 PM
I knew it. Read it from a mile away.

I knew he was just itching to get his boy back in. I wasn't buying the motivation talk at all because it made no sense. Case didn't need kubiak to come out and say that for motivation. Kubiak was just exposing himself and his true thought process.

Me too, but "according to some" Keenum is just as much Kubiaks boy as Schaub.....

haha i guess not huh

Texecutioner
11-17-2013, 03:51 PM
I hope that Kubiak does bring Schaub back. That would pretty much seal his fate with this organization, so I"m all for it. Kubiak would probably never become a head coach of any other organization again, and Sumlin will probably leave the Aggies in a few years. It would set Kubiak up perfectly to take the HC job at Texas A&M for years. I'd love to see that happen.

:brando: I can always trust Kubiak to be same stubborn moronic HC that never learns. Please pull the plug finally Mcnair. This is to much of a no brainer.

eriadoc

Been saying that for YEARS. I go through cycles when I take down the pink soap and try to convince myself otherwise, but at some point, you just have to recognize that you knew all along.

Lucky
I have to ask myself if Kubiak has the nuts to make this move while standing on the sideline rather than hiding in the pressbox? He's lost this team, that's for certain.

Corrosion
11-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Bye Gary .....

Pantherstang84
11-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Bye Gary .....

One can only hope.

nut
11-17-2013, 03:55 PM
His comments earlier in the week were a smoking gun. He should have gone for the 4th & 1 with Keenum also.

RTP2110
11-17-2013, 03:55 PM
At this point, I don't really care what Keenum does, there is no reason Schaub should be playing QB on this team. We already know what Schaub can do, and it's not good, and sure enough we got more of the same today. Check downs, red zone stalls, and field goals. 6 whopping points. I'm betting Keenum would have at least pulled off one more improvised TD to best that total.

So yeah, F you Kubiak!

RTP2110
11-17-2013, 03:57 PM
Did you not watch the game? The Raiders didn't blitz Schaub until almost the very end of the game. You know why? Because they know they don't need to blitz him because he has no mobility, and he isn't someone they are afraid of carving them apart, regardless of how much time they give him.

Exactly, just drop into zone and he will check down all day long.

MEGA SWATT
11-17-2013, 03:59 PM
All the blame is square on McNair. Period. End of discussion.

He is a weak, money hoarding man that only cares about winning in the stock market, NOT on the field.

Norg
11-17-2013, 04:00 PM
I told yall Scahub dats KUBES BOY !!!!!!!! LOL

Vance87
11-17-2013, 04:02 PM
Yes, Schaub has a faster release and checks down better. But for one thing, he can't extend a play like Keenum can, and the Raiders barely blitzed Schaub today.

Wrong, Schaub has one of the slowest releases in the NFL. Keenum was clocked just behind Aaron Rodgers.

Schaub does check it down better, you're right about that...no way he throws that deep TD to Graham or to Andre in the Colts game...that must mean he's our guy!

**** this organization.

Goatcheese
11-17-2013, 04:03 PM
I don't know what people are so upset about. Take off your Coug glasses and look at Keenum objectively. When he's not throwing it deep, Keenum isn't even a mediocre QB; he's bellow average or even bad.

Schaub looked meh, but the offense moved up and down the field despite some drops, Tate fumbling away a first down and AJ quiting on his route on the last play.

Barring Keenum magically learning how to run the offense and read a defense, the answer at QB isn't currently on this team, so I can't work up any give a damn over who plays and who holds a clipboard.

cstyle42
11-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Kubiak is a fool

EllisUnit
11-17-2013, 04:04 PM
I don't know what people are so upset about. Take off your Coug glasses and look at Keenum objectively. When he's not throwing it deep, Keenum isn't even a mediocre QB; he's bellow average or even bad.

Schaub looked meh, but the offense moved up and down the field despite some drops, Tate fumbling away a first down and AJ quiting on his route on the last play.

Barring Keenum magically learning how to run the offense and read a defense, the answer at QB isn't currently on this team, so I can't work up any give a damn over who plays and who holds a clipboard.

Keenum has played 3 1/2 games, come on man.

cstyle42
11-17-2013, 04:05 PM

Open your eyes to see that Schaub was not game planned for it was Keenum. If Schaub starts next week he will suck and throw pick sixes all game again.

LonerATO
11-17-2013, 04:06 PM
I was actually surprised how restrained the fans boos were today when #8 came in and played.

Vance87
11-17-2013, 04:07 PM

You won't even see if Keenum can adjust? What the hell are we playing for again? NOTHING, besides a high draft pick. So why not see what you've got with Keenum? Oh wait, Schaub came in and TRIUMPHANTLY LED THE TEAM TO TWO FIELD GOALS. Impeccable! The Raiders dropped two interceptions against Schaub IN ONE HALF ALONE. WTF people? Schaub's leash is so big it could wrap around the sun. Twice. Schaub has 7 years to prove himself and Keenum gets 3 and a half games? What kind of **** is this? Kubiak your time is done, time to get taken out back.

HTown2ATX
11-17-2013, 04:12 PM

i disagree but respect the opinion. at the very list your post wasn't like this "insert ****ing response full of **** and non sensical **** and BIG LETTERS to try to make your ****ing point cause you have to cover up your flaws as a child most likely with more asterics and BIG LETTERS!!!!" lol

but in all seriousness keenum needs to get better for sure but he's the best on this team right now and imo can improve and possibly make a name for himself.

sent from my WiiU gamepad

CloakNNNdagger
11-17-2013, 04:15 PM
I was actually surprised how restrained the fans boos were today when #8 came in and played.

We were all shell-schocked!

EllisUnit
11-17-2013, 04:17 PM
We were all shell-schocked!

i wasnt, i was just pissed. I dont usually swear in front of my kids but i'm sure they heard my "What the ****" haha

Naija Texan
11-17-2013, 04:17 PM
he just lost the locker room.

andre blowing up on schaub = the whole team saying F U to kubiak and schaub.

Agreed, I mean the fact is this game had Andre Johnson targeted 17 times and he gets you 116 yards and you think you can get to talk trash to him.

Kubiak putting Schaub in and running the same vanilla offense that people called predictable before is justifying what many have said about him not being good head coach material in falling back on familiar or being to stubborn to change.

Rey
11-17-2013, 04:28 PM
Of course he couldn't wait.

I don't even think kubiak is giving case a legit shot to succeed with how he's calling plays.

I know kubiak is a bad head coach and prone to making dumb decisions. Now I'm just wondering how deep this rabbit hole goes.

LonerATO
11-17-2013, 04:32 PM
That game had some of the fewest fans that I have seen this year and we had some super annoying Raiders fan behind us just yelling and cursing up a storm.

bhsman
11-17-2013, 04:34 PM
I know it would it oh so well with y'all's respective fanfiction for an imagined infatuation by Kubiak to be the reason Schaub went back in, but Keenum can't read the blitz. Four games, four second half collapses, four losses.

EllisUnit
11-17-2013, 04:36 PM
I know it would it oh so well with y'all's respective fanfiction for an imagined infatuation by Kubiak to be the reason Schaub went back in, but Keenum can't read the blitz. Four games, four second half collapses, four losses.

the coaches do not adjust to the blitz to help the offense out, not all on case.

Bearkat Texan
11-17-2013, 04:36 PM
Kubs basically said that Schaub can pick up the blitz better than Keenum and that was the reason for the change...and i understand that because Keenum cannot handle a blitz at all..

EllisUnit
11-17-2013, 04:38 PM
Kubs basically said that Schaub can pick up the blitz better than Keenum and that was the reason for the change...and i understand that because Keenum cannot handle a blitz at all..

And they did not blitz Schaub at all, it shows just how much they do not respect Schaub, by playing a soft zone. Kubiak does not even see how dumb he looks right now, even the NFL highlight guys started laughing when Schaub went in for Case.

WolverineFan
11-17-2013, 04:38 PM

Didn't even take a brutal game. Took a struggling outing along with some horrible defensive play.

EllisUnit
11-17-2013, 04:39 PM
Didn't even take a brutal game. Took a struggling outing along with some horrible defensive play.

yeah but that 1 int, whew that was bad :kitten:

VTexan
11-17-2013, 04:40 PM
this is some sort of sick joke....

silvrhand
11-17-2013, 04:40 PM
Been saying that for YEARS. I go through cycles when I take down the pink soap and try to convince myself otherwise, but at some point, you just have to recognize that you knew all along.

Same, mine went back up earlier and will never come down till Kubiak is gone.

midway
11-17-2013, 04:42 PM

Schaub didn't have to read a blitz. Because there's no need to blitz Schaub. You can give him 4 minutes in the pocket and he still won't manage more than 9 yards on a 3rd and 10.

Vance87
11-17-2013, 04:45 PM
Schaub didn't have to read a blitz. Because there's no need to blitz Schaub. You can give him 4 minutes in the pocket and he still won't manage more than 9 yards on a 3rd and 10.

Yes!! LOL!!

thunderkyss
11-17-2013, 05:02 PM
The thing to remember though, is that Case Keenum is every bit "Gary's guy" as Matt Schaub ever was.

Ok guys. I finally learned to keep my big mouth shut.

EllisUnit
11-17-2013, 05:03 PM

haha....

bckey
11-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Of course he couldn't wait.

I don't even think kubiak is giving case a legit shot to succeed with how he's calling plays.

I know kubiak is a bad head coach and prone to making dumb decisions. Now I'm just wondering how deep this rabbit hole goes.

This is what I was thinking also. Its really sad. I really do believe like I said a while back. Kubiak is trying to live through Schaub the career he never had as a backup. Benching Schaub is like benching himself. Its much like a mom does when she dresses her baby girl up like an adult and puts her in pageants.

Honoring Earl 34
11-17-2013, 05:14 PM

http://beatesorum.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/02181808008983.jpg

MannyFresh
11-17-2013, 05:24 PM
I'm waiting to see who's going to post Kubiak's video reaction when that pick was thrown.....that was such a "why did I even bother" reaction. Priceless. LOL

aussie_texan
11-17-2013, 05:25 PM

i said the same thing. couldn't believe it when i saw schaub out there