PDA

View Full Version : The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

Pages : 1 [2] 3

CretorFrigg
11-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Knowing our luck, McNair's going to wait until the end of the season to fire Kubiak. Kubiak is suddenly going to pull a miracle and win out almost the rest of his games this season. McNair gives Kubiak a second chance, extends him for another 10 years, and Kubiak proceeds to suck once again.

DX-TEX
11-19-2013, 03:34 PM
Can this guy cite sources? Has he built any credibility through past reports?

Been a reporter here for years. Legit

Marcus
11-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Knowing our luck, McNair's going to wait until the end of the season to fire Kubiak. Kubiak is suddenly going to pull a miracle and win out almost the rest of his games this season. McNair gives Kubiak a second chance, extends him for another 10 years, and Kubiak proceeds to suck once again.

McNair WILL wait until the end of the season to fire Kubiak, even if they go 2-14.

And that's a big IF at best. I don't know if some of you have been keeping up with current events, but he had a stroke on national television. In McNair's mind, he'd come off looking like a douch firing him this season. That stroke was a 1 year get-out-of-jail free card.

And in the past, what is the biggest reason, or excuse, that he comes up with, as a reason to hang on to Kubiak? INJURIES

Like my old high school geometry teacher would always tell me whenever I'd score a 40 or below on one of his pop quizzes ....

"Cheer up! Things are about to get whole lot worse!" ;)

Norg
11-19-2013, 03:36 PM
bob plzzz fire Rick smith has well we need a clean reset

HOw can u not be sure about rick hes made to many errors

Hervoyel
11-19-2013, 03:36 PM
I don't know about that, I think we're under-utilizing Marciano and I'd be very interested to see what kind of magic he could work as the HC. :fingergun:

Dude! I'd pay good money to see that guy wearing Jack Pardee's old headset on the sidelines and holding a Denny's menu (but not a laminated fold out of plays.... an actual Denny's menu) and trying to call a game. I can see the 1,000 yard "Where did I park my car?" Dom Capers stare even now.

False Start
11-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Dude! I'd pay good money to see that guy wearing Jack Pardee's old headset on the sidelines and holding a Denny's menu (but not a laminated fold out of plays.... an actual Denny's menu) and trying to call a game. I can see the 1,000 yard "Where did I park my car?" Dom Capers stare even now.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/10843_1181877185878_219099_n_zps897409e9.jpg

Wolf
11-19-2013, 03:42 PM
I am kinda thinking the " Texan Way (TM) " will go as this. There will not be any" firing" However Kubiak will be allowed to step down due to medical reasons.

Wade will be allowed to step down so he can spend time with his family.

:joker:

2slik4u
11-19-2013, 04:05 PM
This was just forwarded to me, not sure of the source but hopefully we'll hear something concrete soon.

https://twitter.com/johngranato/statuses/402510612699545600#

Not sure how I feel about this. I want Kubiak gone but whats the point in releasing him mid-season? Im assuming Wade will take over and honestly, I would rather have Kubiak in there to finish off the season instead of Wade. I guess it doesn't really matter in the end. As long as hes gone.

2slik4u
11-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Why? Are we paying out the nose for bandwidth for one more thread? A lot of people didn't see it, myself included. You keep merging threads and info gets lost in the shuffle. Especially with updates on a different level than "I want kubiak gone!"

This.

Mr. White
11-19-2013, 04:08 PM
And that's a big IF at best. I don't know if some of you have been keeping up with current events, but he had a stroke on national television. In McNair's mind, he'd come off looking like a douch firing him this season. That stroke was a 1 year get-out-of-jail free card.

It would be a get out jail free card if Kubiak would have done the wise thing and taken off the rest of the season. Instead, he jumped right back into the pressure cooker.

Andy Reid's son died at Philly's training camp last year and that didn't help him any.

DBCooper
11-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Not sure how I feel about this. I want Kubiak gone but whats the point in releasing him mid-season? Im assuming Wade will take over and honestly, I would rather have Kubiak in there to finish off the season instead of Wade. I guess it doesn't really matter in the end. As long as hes gone.

Fire both.

Texian
11-19-2013, 06:06 PM
Lmao, you aren't even allowed to talk about other coaches in the bullpen section at the "official" boards. I just got a 50 pt infraction from "dbruder44".

A romper room setting, caters to the pre-teen crowd, discourages instead of encourages discussion.

Texian
11-19-2013, 06:11 PM
Question is, how often does McNair meet with minority owners? and could this just be a mid season update meeting? and nothing more?

SchaubApologist
11-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Why is this a new thread?

This was already merged with the "Fire Kubiak" thread.

Brisco_County
11-19-2013, 06:56 PM
The idea of McNair meeting with minority owners illustrates the very different yet valid real-world perspectives on benching Keenum.

Coach's perspective: Strategy is prioritized. Schaub is familiar with some offensive packages that can answer the Raiders' blitzes, and gives the offense the best chance to win. This is evidenced by successful ball movement.

Owner/minority owner's perspective: Marketing is prioritized. Matt Schaub the player is a toxic brand, and his onfield presence contaminates the Texans brand. This is evidenced by the scores of booing fans who walk out in the 3rd quarter.

Player's perspective: Morale is prioritized. There was a time when Matt Schaub was a great QB, and the team loyally followed him. But that era is over, and the onfield presence of Schaub prevents the players from psychologically moving forward. This is evidenced by the uncharacteristic blowup of your franchise player.

Kubiak wasn't hired to be a promoter or to be sensitive to marketing repercussions. And the fact that he was in a booth prevented him from talking to his players and minimizing some morale repercussions. Tough situation all around.

Norg
11-19-2013, 06:59 PM
did u just not hear the players and I quote " It does not matter who is QB "

Who ever is in there Matt case of TJ I gotta do my job and do everything I can do to help him and WIN

TejasTom
11-19-2013, 07:06 PM
There was a thread on this yesterday. I believe it got merged with the "All encompassing fire Kubiak" thread..

Too bad, there is some really funny response to the "original" minority owners thread. Now you have to dig for them.

OzzO
11-19-2013, 07:29 PM
Lmao, you aren't even allowed to talk about other coaches in the bullpen section at the "official" boards. I just got a 50 pt infraction from "dbruder44".

So, they don't know how to spell the coach's name on the official board?

"....we will not tolerate continued disregard for the TEXANS Only rule in the bullpen regarding Kubiack and the next few days, weeks, months or years......"

michaelm
11-19-2013, 09:05 PM
It looks like it won't happen now, but I was hoping the Giants would keep tanking and Coughlin would get the axe. I wouldn't mind him as our next HC.

houstonspartan
11-20-2013, 01:44 PM
It looks like it won't happen now, but I was hoping the Giants would keep tanking and Coughlin would get the axe. I wouldn't mind him as our next HC.

Damn, good call. Coughlin would be perfect for this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

TheMatrix31
11-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Coughlin? That guy would infuriate you guys more than Kubiak. Guaranteed.

All the Giants fan I know have had enough of that guy.

I wouldn't mind someone in the Coughlin MOLD, but he himself? Eh. Big fat meh.

WolverineFan
11-20-2013, 06:49 PM
Coughlin? That guy would infuriate you guys more than Kubiak. Guaranteed.

All the Giants fan I know have had enough of that guy.

I wouldn't mind someone in the Coughlin MOLD, but he himself? Eh. Big fat meh.

He's more than welcome to infuriate me to 2 Lombardi Trophy's.

TheMatrix31
11-20-2013, 06:55 PM

Sure. You know how lucky the Giants had to be both years they won, though? They didn't exactly win because they were the best team in the league. And don't get me wrong, luck matters a whole lot and you don't have to be the best team to win the Super Bowl. I just have a hard time relying on luck to carry us anywhere, given our history.

bhsman
11-21-2013, 06:05 PM
Sure. You know how lucky the Giants had to be both years they won, though? They didn't exactly win because they were the best team in the league. And don't get me wrong, luck matters a whole lot and you don't have to be the best team to win the Super Bowl. I just have a hard time relying on luck to carry us anywhere, given our history.

Likewise; Coughlin's two Superbowl wins, as insane as it sounds, are good examples of how football repels the idea of advanced statistics.

Coughlin is also a humongous ******* that is even more conservative about using rookie talent than any exaggeration about Kubiak.

houstonspartan
11-21-2013, 06:16 PM

Lmao. Exactly.

Texecutioner
11-21-2013, 07:39 PM

You're actually making some very strong points, but with your history of making excuses for KUbiak and constantly wanting him to drive this ship is very conflicting with this stance. The only way we were ever going to win anything under Kubiak was going to be with luck. Hell, the mere fact that we ever got to the playoffs with KUbiak was major luck considering the fact that we had to get a 3rd DC hired by the owner to transform the defense around in one season just to accomplish that. I don't think that people really comprehend that. Kubiak has never taken this team anywhere. It was Wade's defense that turned this team around temporarily.

Coughlin has had some nice success on those runs and he is the opposite of Kubiak from an accountability standpoint, but he is so old now and I wouldn't want to go down that road at this point. He'll be back with the Giants next season any way.

Thorn
11-21-2013, 08:56 PM
I think if McNair was going to dump Kubiak he would have done it by now. Which doesn't mean he won't at the end of this horrid season, but I think we're stuck with Kubiak the rest of the season. Hopefully McNair and his "front office" is already talking replacement strategy.

Texecutioner
11-21-2013, 09:40 PM
I think if McNair was going to dump Kubiak he would have done it by now. Which doesn't mean he won't at the end of this horrid season, but I think we're stuck with Kubiak the rest of the season. Hopefully McNair and his "front office" is already talking replacement strategy.

You'd think that Kubiak is as done as a coach can be, but with Mcnair you just never know. Kubiak could be back to pick a new QB in the draft to get another chance at a new regime. Sounds crazy, but it's really not. Mcnair has the same attachment to Kubiak as Kubiak has to Schaub.

aussie_texan
11-21-2013, 10:34 PM
my shortlist for HC next year:
Mike Zimmer (DC - Benagls)
David Shaw (HC - stanford)
Greg Roman (OC - 49ers)
Lovie Smith (former bears HC)

Thorn
11-21-2013, 11:59 PM
I'm sorry, but dudes named "Lovie" shouldn't be anywhere near the NFL. The guy needs a name change or something.

KA4Texan
11-22-2013, 03:29 AM
If he can bring the wins, he can be called "Princess" for all I care. Just as long as next season our HC isn't named Gary or Wade. I'm sure I will be happy, at least for a little while.

Grams
11-22-2013, 05:56 AM

I don't think they will get rid of Gary in the middle of the season. That would look just to cold hearted - esp after the collapse in the middle of a game a couple of weeks ago.

We can only hope that come Monday after our last game, they will clean house and get rid of both Gary and Wade.

Honoring Earl 34
11-22-2013, 06:39 AM
I'm sorry, but dudes named "Lovie" shouldn't be anywhere near the NFL. The guy needs a name change or something.

His name is Lovie cause his parents just knew he was going to be a girl . When the apple came out with a stem , they decided , what the hell we''ll stay with Lovie .

TejasTom
11-22-2013, 07:37 AM

And he said: "Son, this world is rough
And if a man's gonna make it, he's gotta be tough
And I knew I wouldn't be there to help ya along.
So I give ya that name and I said goodbye
I knew you'd have to get tough or die
And it's the name that helped to make you strong."

Rey
11-22-2013, 07:51 AM
Sounds like Hopkins is calling out kubiak to me.

amazing80
11-22-2013, 07:59 AM
Sounds like Hopkins is calling out kubiak to me.

what?

GuerillaBlack
11-22-2013, 08:39 AM
Where are you getting that Hopkins is calling out Kubiak?

djohn2oo8
11-22-2013, 08:48 AM

Head coach Gary Kubiak said he sat the young rookie first-rounder because of a few mistakes, mistakes Kubiak thought the team shouldn’t make. But on Thursday, Hopkins said one missed assignment sent him to the bench.

“It was one route that I messed up on,” said Hopkins, who had just one catch for seven yards against the Raiders. “I guess I didn’t have that much room to mess up on, so one play got me benched.”

Hopkins played 46 of 73 offensive snaps and did get back into the game after he was out for a while. But the 21-year-old didn’t like being out of the game.

“I wasn’t too happy because I’m a competitive person,” he said. “I like to be out on the field. It wasn’t a happy feeling.”

http://www.csnhouston.com/football-houston-texans/talk/hopkins-one-play-got-me-benched

HOU-TEX
11-22-2013, 08:49 AM

I'm not sure it's calling anyone out, but a few comments from him yesterday

(on if Sunday was the first time he had been benched for mistakes) “Yes.”

(on what kind of mistakes he made in the game) “It was a MA (missed assignment) on a play. That’s it. It was one route that I messed up on. I guess I didn’t have that much room to mess up on, so one play got me benched.”

(on if they’ve been working on their red zone offense) “We’ve worked on it the same each week. We don’t press it more than the different. I know we haven’t had the success in the red zone, but we’re going in looking at it as the same.”

Honoring Earl 34
11-22-2013, 09:00 AM

I think that's where Kubiak spit the bit . Tate fumbles and is banished , Hopkins misses an assignment and is benched , Schaub throws four pick 6's and doesn't get one splinter . It took an injury to get him out of there .

Case starts vs the colts and slings the ball all over the yard . In the middle of Case's performance , Schaub warms up on the sidelines like some kid who wants his pa to put him back in now .

silvrhand
11-22-2013, 09:05 AM
I think that's where Kubiak spit the bit . Tate fumbles and is banished , Hopkins misses an assignment and is benched , Schaub throws four pick 6's and doesn't get one splinter . It took an injury to get him out of there .

Case starts vs the colts and slings the ball all over the yard . In the middle of Case's performance , Schaub warms up on the sidelines like some kid who wants his pa to put him back in now .

It is very confusing.. yet we keep sending Bryce Mccain back on the field as well..

Rey
11-22-2013, 09:22 AM

To me it sounds like Hopkins is voicing his displeasure.

He's emphasizing that he messed up on one play. And bam, he's yanked. Then he adds on that he guesses his rope wasn't that long.

Who has made tons of mistakes? Didn't get benched for performsnce? And then was brought back into the game just for ****s sake?

It's curious that kubiak would pull one of the top weapons from the game while case is in, and then re-insert hop when Schaub came in. Have newtonnoutbthere for case and have Harris out there for the game losing drive Schaub constructed. I don't trust Gar. And I think some of the players are starting to doubt him too. He's pissed away the season fooling around with Schaub.

TejasTom
11-22-2013, 11:27 AM
(on if they’ve been working on their red zone offense) “We’ve worked on it the same each week. We don’t press it more than the different. I know we haven’t had the success in the red zone, but we’re going in looking at it as the same.”

WFT? Working on it the same each week. Can Gary be any more stubborn?

He really doesn't have answers.

mattieuk
11-23-2013, 12:34 PM
David Shaw (HC - stanford)

I think we can kiss our o-line struggles goodbye if that is the route we go down!

bckey
11-23-2013, 01:40 PM
Makes a lot of sense. Give Gary his final year contract while lightening his load by bringing back Kyle. Rick Smith will remain the GM. Soild call.

To me it makes no sense and is a terrible call.

TexansBull
11-24-2013, 09:03 AM
To me it makes no sense and is a terrible call.

Its like driving a GMC Truck and trading it in for a Chevy. Still a Shannahan, err, GM product.

Thorn
11-24-2013, 02:46 PM
Please fire Kubiak today. Please. I'm gonna have to up my meds if it doesn't happen.

I should probably go ahead and leave a message to my shrinks office while I'm thinking of it.

Mr. Texan
11-24-2013, 03:01 PM
i feel sorry for people who paid money for season tickets to see this garbage :kitten:

djohn2oo8
11-24-2013, 03:05 PM
I think Kubiak won't be fired until the offseason because no one wants Wade as the interim.

djohn2oo8
11-24-2013, 03:21 PM
What must Bob be thinking right now?

JB
11-24-2013, 03:23 PM

Where the hell is the Scotch!!!

chicagotexan2
11-24-2013, 03:25 PM

Where do I send my private jet to pick up my next head coach?

djohn2oo8
11-24-2013, 03:29 PM
John Mcclain

Kubiak on possibly being fired "I don't worry bout myself. My answer will never change. I feel bad for players and organization."

Texian
11-24-2013, 03:59 PM
Answer: Monday, December 30, 2013

Question: Date Kubiak will get fired?

silvrhand
11-24-2013, 04:18 PM

is he fired yet..

TejasTom
11-24-2013, 04:23 PM
i feel sorry for people who paid money for season tickets to see this garbage :kitten:

Appreciate the sympathy.

otisbean
11-24-2013, 04:33 PM

I would fire Kubiak Monday. McNair needs to send a message to the players, other coaches, front office ect...that this sorry excuse for football will not be tolerated. It's on everyone in the organization as whole, I'm not blaming Kubiak entirely. Kubiak's been given a fair shot and it's time to move on

TejasTom
11-24-2013, 04:39 PM
I would fire Kubiak Monday. ...

I'd fire everybody. Even the cheerleading coach.

drs23
11-24-2013, 04:51 PM
I'd fire everybody. Even the cheerleading coach.

And that stinkin', lie leaking janitor!

Wolf6151
11-24-2013, 04:55 PM
Kubiak should have been fired immediately after the game. A message from McNair needs to be sent to coaches, players and fans that a pathetic effort at home against the previously worst team in the NFL with the worst offense in the NFL will not be tolerated. Kubiak is a lame duck coach right now, so why wait?

drs23
11-24-2013, 05:23 PM
Kubiak should have been fired immediately after the game. A message from McNair needs to be sent to coaches, players and fans that a pathetic effort at home against the previously worst team in the NFL with the worst offense in the NFL will not be tolerated. Kubiak is a lame duck coach right now, so why wait?

Now that just wouldn't be a class act. It's not The Texans Way. Just not a Texans Worthy move.

That's all I got.

:kitten::kitten::kitten:

hradhak
11-24-2013, 05:53 PM
Here's a good writeup of potential coaches for hte NFL:
linky (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24233480/top-10-potential-head-coaches-for-2014)

For the record I really don't think Sumlin will be a good head coach in the NFL.

silvrhand
11-24-2013, 05:54 PM

I do agree, what's left for him to do? Obviously Keenum isn't getting better and we can actually start our coaching search now or am I missing something?

JB
11-24-2013, 06:01 PM
linky (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24233480/top-10-potential-head-coaches-for-2014)

For the record I really don't think Sumlin will be a good head coach in the NFL.

I like the idea of Zimmer as head coach and bring in Sumlin as OC

hradhak
11-24-2013, 06:04 PM
I like the idea of Zimmer as head coach and bring in Sumlin as OC

highly doubt sumlin would leave A&M unless he's offered a better head coaching job. I doubt he leaves this year also.

JB
11-24-2013, 06:06 PM
highly doubt sumlin would leave A&M unless he's offered a better head coaching job. I doubt he leaves this year also.

agreed, but if we was on the Texans staff that is the highest spot I would like to see him

Showtime100
11-24-2013, 06:11 PM
When I wake tomorrow only to find Kubiak is still the HC I will lose my mind. I'll even do worse. I'll call my ex up and ask her to marry me again.

WolverineFan
11-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Kubiak isn't going to be fired mid-season. There's really no point to do it. You can't hire your next guy until after the season anyway so why go through the process of having an interim guy mucking things up. You guys are just looking for instant gratification, which I get, but he will be fired in the long run and that's all that matters.

Brisco_County
11-24-2013, 06:42 PM
Kubiak won't be fired mid season. There's nothing to gain, and he has a good relationship with the FO.

Bulls on Parade
11-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Kubiak won't be fired mid season. There's nothing to gain, and he has a good relationship with the FO.
Agreed. I also don't think he's going to be fired. The classy guy that Gary Kubiak is, and an honorable man who loves the city of Houston, he'll more likely have a long talk with Bob McNair after the season ends and he will come to an agreement to resign as head coach. But it will not be classified as a firing.

Bulls on Parade
11-24-2013, 06:54 PM
Here was Gary Kubiak's press conference after today's loss to the Jaguars.

http://youtu.be/r3qn2DTir2k

I feel bad for the guy. He gave it all he had since 2006 with this franchise. Working long and hard hours just to produce a championship team. It led to his mini stroke and now he's probably coaching his last season in Houston in 2013.

Hopefully the new head coach who comes in has as much class as Kubiak did but with some winning results. I'd like to see the Houston Texans win the Super Bowl one day.

amazing80
11-24-2013, 07:01 PM

I feel bad for the guy. He gave it all he had since 2006 with this franchise. Working long and hard hours just to produce a championship team. It led to his mini stroke and now he's probably coaching his last season in Houston in 2013.

Hopefully the new head coach who comes in has as much class as Kubiak did but with some winning results. I'd like to see the Houston Texans win the Super Bowl one day.

this right here is why you relieve gary of his duties, so he isn't dragged out in front of the media and hassled each week about his future, not to mention you tell your locker room no one is safe and HOPE they try a little harder in order to keep their job next season.

gafftop
11-24-2013, 07:18 PM
What is Rick doing now? This team is not good except in a few areas. Even a blind hog finds an acorn. What I am saying is Watt is the exception not the rule when it comes to draft choices made by the Texans.

Extension of Schaub.

Signing of Ed Reed.

Not trading Tate. Losing another player to FA and getting nothing.

Cap Hell.

Evaluation of talent. Poor team speed. Can't teach speed.

Extension of Kubiak.

All huge mistakes.

I want to see on shoes. "Bye Rick"

Need to replace starting at top.

MEGA SWATT
11-24-2013, 07:21 PM

Yep

Pantherstang84
11-24-2013, 07:55 PM

I will consign this. It is hard to hate the man. I really wanted him to succeed here. I really did. It's just not working out. It pains me to see him go out and answer the same questions every week. There has to be an honorable way for him to take a medical leave or something for the rest of the season. For those wanting him fired in an embarrassing manner, just ask yourself if that is the way you want to go out. You can fire people without embarrassing them.

hradhak
11-24-2013, 08:34 PM
I think all of us wanted Kubiak to succeed. He succeeds our team succeeds.

I think this season was beyond the worst thing we could have imagined. Things need to change and I think Kubiak knows that. I wish him well, but I think he has a lot to learn as a head coach and has to learn how to give up some control to other members of his coaching staff.

Lucky
11-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Kubiak isn't going to be fired mid-season. There's really no point to do it. You can't hire your next guy until after the season anyway so why go through the process of having an interim guy mucking things up. You guys are just looking for instant gratification, which I get, but he will be fired in the long run and that's all that matters.
On the contrary, there's no point in dragging this out. Give Kubiak a chance to lineup another job, be it an NFL OC or a college HC, without further embarrassment of this season. And it lets the Texans court potential coaches more freely. Everything's on the table. The time is now for McNair to remove Kubiak.

Rey
11-24-2013, 10:51 PM
Yes, it makes sense to go ahead and remove Gary....unless his mind isn't made up. If it is, then it makes little sense to delay it. Would be beneficial for all involved.

SchaubApologist
11-24-2013, 10:59 PM
On the contrary, there's no point in dragging this out. Give Kubiak a chance to lineup another job, be it an NFL OC or a college HC, without further embarrassment of this season. And it lets the Texans court potential coaches more freely. Everything's on the table. The time is now for McNair to remove Kubiak.

i'm not sure that gary is a professional caliber OC. i think he gets a gig as a QB coach. also, he's not a big time college hc. he can be a college oc/qb coach though.

the game has passed him by. plain & simple.

bhsman
11-24-2013, 11:22 PM

I have to say, Sumlin is still my choice for HC (if only because the offense would not have to change immensely and because it makes sense considering his ties to Houston/Rick Smith), but ever since Ray Horton was brought up he's become my backup dream pick.

He has a track record of success as a secondary coach and defensive coordinator; that Cardinals defense was downright scary last year before the offense collapsed into a slagheap, and he has successfully transmuted a very good 4-3 defense in Cleveland into a very good 3-4 defense. He helped develop Patrick Peterson and Joe Haden is having a great year in Cleveland. As we already run a 3-4, we wouldn't have to worry about finding a defensive tackle to pair with Earl Mitchell.

Having him as HC and drafting Clowney at #1/2 overall could just be downright filthy. Plus, we'd have a coach with cornrows! Can't argue with that. :cool:

Lucky
11-24-2013, 11:45 PM
i'm not sure that gary is a professional caliber OC. i think he gets a gig as a QB coach. also, he's not a big time college hc. he can be a college oc/qb coach though.

Who knows what offers he gets. He has another year left on his contract, so he really doesn't have to coach in 2014.

Wolf6151
11-25-2013, 01:45 AM

While I agree that he most likely won't be fired mid-season, I disagree that there's nothing to gain. Firing Kubiak now sends a message to the coaching staff and puts them on notice that a pathetic coaching effort won't cut it any more, it tells players that if the head coach is gone changes are no the horizon and they can easily be gone as well and putting out a half ass effort will earn you your walking papers. It tells the fans that you care about this team, are willing to make changes, and that ownership isn't just sitting back rolling in apathy.

bckey
11-25-2013, 05:06 AM
Here are my picks that were cut out of the first page of this thread when it was moved and then started again and then closed because someone didn't like the discussion about replacing Kubiak. Post 2133 from that thread by Amazing was the original first post so whatever is after that should be in this thread

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2247194#post2247194

Lovie Smith CURRENTLY: Unemployed (fired by Chicago after 2012).

ACHIEVEMENTS
Led Bears to Super Bowl XLI.

81-63 record with Bears in nine seasons (four seasons Top 5 in defense).

Only finished worse than 7-9 once in nine seasons.

Smith is choosing to go off the grid for 2013, rather than be a coordinator somewhere. He knows his phone will be ringing around New Year's with at least a couple head coaching offers. May as well enjoy a year's vacation.

Ray Horton CURRENTLY: Defensive coordinator, Cleveland (hired 2013).

ACHIEVEMENTS
Coached a Cardinals' defense that had 80 sacks and 32 interceptions over past two seasons.

Seventeen years of coaching secondaries, including three Super Bowl years in Pittsburgh (and three years with least points allowed).

Horton's calls for aggression and disruption were a lone highlight of Arizona's 2012 season.

A former NFL cornerback of ten years, Horton appreciates versatility in players (blitzing secondary, linemen covering the flat, etc), and has mentored some of the best.

These 2 need no introduction around these boards

Bill Cower

John Gruden

I didn't list college coaches but there are some potential good ones out there. It is always a crap shoot when you hire one though that has never coached in the nfl.

My number 1 GM prospect would be:

Eric DeCosta Ozzie Newsome's long time protégé

GuerillaBlack
11-25-2013, 07:40 AM
I'm almost positive the Texans are going to hire the East Texas native Lovie Smith. He is probably the best coach out there (one who hasn't been out of the game long). That's who I'm putting my money on. You had players crying for this guy in Chicago when he got fired.

Brisco_County
11-25-2013, 09:38 AM
I'm almost positive the Texans are going to hire the East Texas native Lovie Smith. He is probably the best coach out there (one who hasn't been out of the game long). That's who I'm putting my money on. You had players crying for this guy in Chicago when he got fired.

I've never seen good quarterback development under Lovie Smith.

b0ng
11-25-2013, 12:37 PM

To be fair there hasn't been a decent QB in Chicago before Cutler since McMahon.

Pantherstang84
11-25-2013, 01:18 PM

Another player's coach? No thanks. The team needs R. Lee Ermy. There won't be any letterman jackets with him.

infantrycak
11-25-2013, 01:44 PM
Here are my picks that were cut out of the first page of this thread when it was moved and then started again and then closed because someone didn't like the discussion about replacing Kubiak.

The prior thread was closed because some people were having trouble accessing it. The same discussion is ongoing here.

To be fair there hasn't been a decent QB in Chicago before Cutler since McMahon.

Isn't that at least partially on him?

Borowicz50
11-25-2013, 01:46 PM
Looking how this season has gone it has obviously been a terrible experience for everyone involved. Players, coaches, fans & ownership all believed that this season was going to be a Super Bowl run & with the past two years results that was easily foreseeable. What has happened truly cannot be explained, best put it has been an anomaly of bad occurrences meshed with the glaring weaknesses of the team being brought to light in what has culminated in the Texans currently being the worst team in the NFL.

The subject of a coaching change is a big one…I like Kubiak & I wanted it to work for him but heads have to role & unfortunately his is probably going to be the first. First off I would like to thank him for giving us a playoff team for those two years & for getting this team into a form of a winning franchise. With that said it is time to move on.

I want to also put out there that the popular names of Cower & Gruden should not come up in the conversation for the following reasons.

Jon Gruden:
His record with the Raiders was a total 38-26 with two playoff showings in 4 years.
His record in Tampa Bay was 57-55 in 7 years with 3 playoff appearances & one Super Bowl win.
Total record 5 playoff experiences in 11 years with one Super Bowl & a record of 95-81.

My knock on him is that he is the same guy as Kubiak considering he is a middle of the road winner who just happened to inherit a championship team from Tony Dungy that he won a Super Bowl with & then the team declined each of the following years. He has great football knowledge but has been out to long & wasn’t a world beater while he was coaching.

Bill Cowher:
149-90 all with the Steelers.
He is a proven winner with a long period of time but was given just that a long period of time to win. He had 4 losing seasons along with 1 8-8 season while having 9 playoff appearances & 2 Super Bowl appearances with 1 win in a career of 15 seasons. He is 56 years old which means he is right on that cusp of becoming an old man but is not there yet. He is a proven winner but he must be given the time to do it which is why it worked for him in Pittsburgh. Another thing to note is his success may be more of a reflection of the organization than of Cowher himself as both his predecessor Chuck Noll & Mike Tomlin both had similar success within the organization both which were patient with coaches even through bad seasons. Also consider this in 22 seasons Chuck Noll provided 11 winning seasons with 4 Super Bowl wins but he also had 11 losing seasons in which the team averaged 6 wins.

My knock on Cowher is more a knock on the Houston fan base & the organization because if he provided a few playoff appearances but then gave us some losing seasons he would be run out of town. Kubiak gave us two playoff appearances & 3 losing seasons & he is basically being lynched. Therefore I am not sure if Cowher would even want to be part of an organization that demands winning now as opposed to building over time with a few bumps in the road being seen as ok.

So what does this all mean?

Either we have to find a coach who can literally win now within 1-3 years or we as an organization have to be more like the Steelers (this would include fan base perception also) & roll with the punches enjoying good seasons but not calling for heads in seasons where things go bad.

Should be interesting regardless but a change is probably coming so who do you think we should be looking at?

HOU-TEX
11-25-2013, 01:48 PM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102936

Rey
11-25-2013, 02:05 PM
Lovie smith doesn't do it for me.

MEGA SWATT
11-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Do we have a new head coach yet? Heck, what about an interim head coach?

GuerillaBlack
11-25-2013, 02:23 PM

Another player's coach? No thanks. The team needs R. Lee Ermy. There won't be any letterman jackets with him.

Went to a SB, another NFC championship game where his starting QB got hurt. He was 10-6 last year and got fired. I think he would work here. He was able to lead Rex freaking Grossman to a SB. Remember when Grossman was here?

Exascor
11-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Do we have a new head coach yet? Heck, what about an interim head coach?Do you really want an interim coach to cloud McNair's judgment? The Texans have been playing close games. They have only needed a play or 2 in each of the last 5 games to win. Imagine:

Wade Phillips takes over.
-Texans play hard against the Pats but lose another tight one.
-Texans smash the Jags gaining a little confidence.
-Texans have all the luck (pun intended) and win with TDs on special teams and D against the Colts.
-Broncos have their playoff seed locked and take Manning out after the first quarter. Texans steal a win.
-Titans have nothing left to play for and Texans are rolling. Texans win again.

If it happened then there's a good chance that McNair would give the Phillips the chance in 2014 given the 4 game streak to end the 2013 season. Is it far-fetched? Yeah. Seriously though...do you want any part of that being a possibility?

dalemurphy
11-25-2013, 02:53 PM
No thanks on gruden or cowher.. They have been away too long and will struggle to put a strong staff together.

I would be interested in Greg Roman or Ray Horton, depending on Roman's plan on defense or Zimmer's plan on offense.

Otherwise, mike Zimmerman would be a person to look at.

Beyond those guys, I am not sure... I wouldn't hate Lovie Smith, but I share concerns with others about the consistently mediocre offenses he has had.

TheMatrix31
11-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Whatever happens, I want the offense to be very versatile and balanced. I love the rollouts and the fundamental philosophies behind what we have now. Would love to get more creative though. I'm not too crazy about Dennison and thought Baby Shanahan was much better at OC.

I want a guy who will teach the team to play hard but not stupid or dirty. We've been penalized way, way, way too much and frankly I've seen a lot of thuggery on this team on the field in recent years perhaps to overcompensate for our reputation as "being soft." I don't like that. You can play tough without being dumb or dirty. See JJ Watt.

I also don't want some college gimmick guy. You strike out on that and it's a waste of time and we'll go from simply having one down year to being in spiral mode where we're forced to truly rebuild.

I don't want Gruden. Overrated and overdiscussed. I'd like Cowher but his offensive creativity is not very prevalent.

I simply don't know who'll be available and I don't know much about coaching staffs around the league to see which coordinators we might pluck.

Texecutioner
11-25-2013, 04:41 PM
No thanks on gruden or cowher.. They have been away too long and will struggle to put a strong staff together.

I would be interested in Greg Roman or Ray Horton, depending on Roman's plan on defense or Zimmer's plan on offense.

Otherwise, mike Zimmerman would be a person to look at.

Beyond those guys, I am not sure... I wouldn't hate Lovie Smith, but I share concerns with others about the consistently mediocre offenses he has had.

You have all of these huge concerns about these proven head coaches, but have never wanted Kubiak gone. Even now you still want him and refuse to concede that he was never who you thought he could be. Truly amazing. Hell, Joe Texan could coach this team better at this point.

michaelm
11-25-2013, 04:45 PM
My biggest fear has been mentioned in this thread already.

Kubiak is let go before the end of the season, and Wade steps in as interim coach, winning enough games that Bob makes him the permanent HC going into 2014.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

DBCooper
11-25-2013, 05:48 PM
I want some spit!

I want a tough as nails defense and a run down your throat offense!

Give me yelling and spitting and making faces and spitting!

dalemurphy
11-25-2013, 05:57 PM
You have all of these huge concerns about these proven head coaches, but have never wanted Kubiak gone. Even now you still want him and refuse to concede that he was never who you thought he could be. Truly amazing. Hell, Joe Texan could coach this team better at this point.

I think change is messy. I agree that Kubiak needs to be replaced. However, I strongly disagree that the change, in itself, will improve things. Things can always get worse. Since a change is going to happen, I care very much that it is a wise one. So should you. You are so blinded by your frustration with this team that you don't realize the organization can move in a worse direction. Well, history dictates that it can. So, yeah, I am concerned about who the new hire will be, particularly since we have some talented pieces in place (unlike 2005)and some resources (cap room, extra picks) to have significant success in the short term if we get the right people in place... Much like San Fran a couple years ago, I think.

Thorn
11-25-2013, 06:23 PM
I didn't think these numbers deserved their own thread, and kind of belongs in this thread for discussion purposes, if anyone cares.

I've often thought that rating a defense or offense on the yards they've gained or given up is pointless. What will win or lose a game is points on the scoreboard, not yards. So below is a history of how the Texans were ranked in offensive scoring and defensive scoring allowed since 2002. Make of the numbers what you will.

Scoring - Offense
2002 32
2003 28
2004 21
2005 26
2006 28
2007 12
2008 17
2009 10
2010 9
2011 13
2012 8
2013 30

Defense Scoring allowed
2002 20
2003 27
2004 15
2005 32
2006 25
2007 22
2008 27
2009 17
2010 30
2011 4
2012 9
2013 26

SportsArsenal
11-25-2013, 06:34 PM
Hey All, been here lurking for a couple of years and never set up a username until recently. I seen this on BleacherReport, regarding Sumlin and The Texans, so I thought I would post it.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/11/24/5139826/kevin-sumlin-texas-usc-houston-texans-nfl

In the article there is a tweet from Jason La Canfora:

"Along the college coaching lines, there has been plenty of chatter about Coach Sumlin as a potential fit with the Texans ...

Sumlin would definitely be my choice for HC, but I would like to see them hire a strong OC to go with him.

The funny thing is if Sumlin is the choice, does that put Gary in College Station?

I would like to add that Rick Smith needs to leave as badly as Kubiak, that may be the reason that Kubiak isn't gone yet. Maybe Bob McNair wants to make Rick fire Gary since they seem to be associates in this crime.
Extending Schaub, Kubiak, and not replacing Marciano were only a few of Smiths many blunders.

Draft Failures:
Kareem Jackson
Amobi Okoye
Whitney Merciless
Sam Montgomery
Trevardo Williams
Derek Newton
Antwaun Moulden
Earl Mitchell
Sherrick McMannis
Brooks Reed
Brandon Harris
Rock Carmichael
Derek Newton
Brandon Brooks
Ben Jones

Free Agent Signings/Departure Failures
Ed Reed- Signing
Greg Jones-Signing

The Texans have only had a few significant FA signings (Joseph,Manning, Reed) Reed has been the only major failure but the fact that they lack significant free agent signings is an issue in its own. They also fail to make trades of any significance. They fail to move talent before they lose it, a la Ben Tate. They also fail to bring in players that may just need a change of scenery. They lack an eye for talent in general.

Free agent departures are sometimes a necessary evil in order to maintain a safe cap or to bring in free agent talent. Being that we rarely bring in free agent talent, our departures are typically just cap casualties. The front office must be more efficient with their spending in order to retain high quality football players.
Key areas we lack in like S, OL, LB, have all slipped through our grasp.

Glover Quin- Departure
Joel Dreesen- Departure
Eric Winston- Departure
Mike Brisiel- Departure
Vonta Leach- Departure
Demeco Ryans-Departure
Bernard Pollard-Departure

I often wonder when you see some of the waiver wire pickups, why the Texans aren't making these additions. This team has never had a lock down secondary yet these players are constantly being made available due to crowding in a secondary. How can so many teams have problems with too much talent when the Texans can never put two solid corners on the field at the same time. Instead guys like McCain, Harris, Carmichael are given chance after chance to blow a game.

As far as firing Gary now, there really is no point. You're not going to send a message to the players and other coaches. You will be acknowledging publicly that you are mailing it in for the rest of the season thus jeopardizing the "sell out" streak. As far as the other coaches go, they know that at this point there is no salvaging this season nor changing there reputation from whatever it currently has been tarnished to. It is likely that who ever the new coach is will bring in there replacements thus putting the current regime on cruise control.

dalemurphy
11-25-2013, 06:49 PM
Hey All, been here lurking for a couple of years and never set up a username until recently. I seen this on BleacherReport, regarding Sumlin and The Texans, so I thought I would post it.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/11/24/5139826/kevin-sumlin-texas-usc-houston-texans-nfl

Sumlin would definitely be my choice for HC, but I would like to see them hire a strong OC to go with him.

The funny thing is if Sumlin is the choice, does that put Gary in College Station?

I would like to add that Rick Smith needs to leave as badly as Kubiak, that may be the reason that Kubiak isn't gone yet. Maybe Bob McNair wants to make Rick fire Gary since they seem to be associates in this crime.
Extending Schaub, Kubiak, and not replacing Marciano were only a few of Smiths many blunders.

Draft Failures:
Kareem Jackson
Amobi Okoye
Whitney Merciless
Sam Montgomery
Trevardo Williams
Derek Newton
Antwaun Moulden
Earl Mitchell
Sherrick McMannis
Brooks Reed
Brandon Harris
Rock Carmichael
Derek Newton
Brandon Brooks
Ben Jones

Ed Reed- Signing
Greg Jones-Signing

The Texans have only had a few significant FA signings (Joseph,Manning, Reed) Reed has been the only major failure but the fact that they lack significant free agent signings is an issue in its own. They also fail to make trades of any significance. They fail to move talent before they lose it, a la Ben Tate. They also fail to bring in players that may just need a change of scenery. They lack an eye for talent in general.

Free agent departures are sometimes a necessary evil in order to maintain a safe cap or to bring in free agent talent. Being that we rarely bring in free agent talent, our departures are typically just cap casualties. The front office must be more efficient with their spending in order to retain high quality football players.

Glover Quin- Departure
Joel Dreesen- Departure
Eric Winston- Departure
Mike Brisiel- Departure
Vonta Leach- Departure
Demeco Ryans-Departure

I often wonder when you see some of the waiver wire pickups, why the Texans aren't making these additions. This team has never had a lock down secondary yet these players are constantly being made available due to crowding in a secondary. How can so many teams have problems with too much talent when the Texans can never put two solid corners on the field at the same time. Instead guys like McCain, Harris, Carmichael are given chance after chance to blow a game.

As far as firing Gary now, there really is no point. You're not going to send a message to the players and other coaches. You will be acknowledging publicly that you are mailing it in for the rest of the season thus jeopardizing the "sell out" streak. As far as the other coaches go, they know that at this point there is no salvaging this season nor changing there reputation from whatever it currently has been tarnished to. It is likely that who ever the new coach is will bring in there replacements thus putting the current regime on cruise control.

Given the fact that the team has never been to an afc championship game, it is currently 2-9, and smith has been here for 7years, you could certainly make a strong case for smiths removal. However, if one applied your standard above to very nfl gm, all 32 would be unemployed at season'a end.

Calling the following draft failures is insane:
K Jackson
Mercilus
Emitchell
BBrooks
Bjones

Newton- he was a 7th round pick that started at RT for two years, including for a 12-4 team. I don't like him either but that is a good pick.

Same with the list of players let go... All teams let quality plays go. Regarding letting talent leave, the Demeco trade was very smart, and, other than Quin, that is a list of overpaid players... The issue I have with smith is why haven't those vacated holes been filled.

bhsman
11-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Yeah, the idea that a GM is a failure for not having Pro Bowl talent at every position is a little ridiculous. I'll take a few lumps and have a hit in the 1st round every time.

Tolar's Ghost
11-25-2013, 11:49 PM
Do you really want an interim coach to cloud McNair's judgment?..

What's the difference?

McNair judgment - as it relates to football - has been clouded for a long time.

At times I think he's just a younger version of Bud Adams...pretty clueless.

Lucky
11-26-2013, 12:09 AM
So you think that Gruden or Cowher would have a more difficult time getting top assistants to work under them than a Greg Roman? 8 Cowher assistants have gone on to become NFL head coaches. 5 of Gruden's assistants became NFL head coaches. You don't think coaches are aware of this and would want to work under them?

Greg Roman??? He's on the hot seat in San Fran as the OC. THe Niners offense was ranked 29th heading into the MNF game. The guy has zero credentials to become a NFL head coach. In fact, he's never been a head coach at any level.

kiwitexansfan
11-26-2013, 01:13 AM
I want some spit!

I want a tough as nails defense and a run down your throat offense!

Give me yelling and spitting and making faces and spitting!

You want to take the team to 1976?

Do they have the technology?

DBCooper
11-26-2013, 07:02 AM
You want to take the team to 1976?

Do they have the technology?

Ok, and a quarterback!

That spits!

amazing80
11-26-2013, 08:15 AM
You notice the shannys are crapping the bed too even with a good qb in rg3. The system is old, slow and outdated. You can put lipstick on a pig (like they did last season) but at the end of the day, its just a hunk of pork. Bottom line, the system they run is outdated, pack it up and send them on their way, no qb will make them look good anymore. The NFL has passed them by.

Honoring Earl 34
11-26-2013, 08:37 AM
You notice the shannys are crapping the bed too even with a good qb in rg3. The system is old, slow and outdated. You can put lipstick on a pig (like they did last season) but at the end of the day, its just a hunk of pork. Bottom line, the system they run is outdated, pack it up and send them on their way, no qb will make them look good anymore. The NFL has passed them by.

They said that the Skins had the lightest OL in the league and it showed . The 9ers LBs were killing the redskins mainly because the skins couldn't get to the 2nd level .

The Redskins are #2 in the NFL in rushing but #19 in scoring . That sounds kinda familiar .

dtran04
11-26-2013, 09:18 AM
Roman is like the "Dennison" of the Texans. It's Harbaugh who calls the plays.

houstonspartan
11-26-2013, 09:37 AM

Yep. I messaged a friend in Washington, D.C. last night: "It's time for Kubiak and Shanahan to admit that their system is tired."

houstonspartan
11-26-2013, 09:40 AM
I think change is messy. I strongly disagree that the change, in itself, will improve things.

..said the Chiefs.

...and the Seahawks.

...and the 49ers.

...and the Broncos.

...and the Colts.

...and the...

You're right, Dale; Change NEVER works.

Shaking my freaking head.

HJam72
11-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Hope & Change! :spin::fingergun:

Honoring Earl 34
11-26-2013, 09:48 AM
..said the Chiefs.

...and the Seahawks.

...and the 49ers.

...and the Broncos.

...and the Colts.

...and the...

The 49ers are doing it with the DC that the Texans fired with Capers .

steelbtexan
11-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Hope & Change! :spin::fingergun:

Hope this change doesn't cost me the change that Barrycare is costing.

cuppacoffee
11-26-2013, 09:59 AM
What's the difference?

McNair judgment - as it relates to football - has been clouded for a long time.

At times I think he's just a younger version of Bud Adams...pretty clueless.

Bob Allen asked last night (Mon) on Ch 11 " Where has McNair been all this time?"
"He hasn't been heard from since before Kubiak had his stroke"

Think maybe he is jetting around asking questions, visiting prospects for GM or coach, both? Doubt it though, todays media would be all over it.

:coffee:

Exascor
11-26-2013, 10:04 AM
..said the Chiefs.

...and the Seahawks.

...and the 49ers.

...and the Broncos.

...and the Colts.

...and the...

Shaking my freaking head.Meh-the point he's making is that change doesn't ALWAYS work. We could change to everyone's favorite coaches and GM, draft a "franchise QB" and end up in the same situation 3-4 years from now. Fire everyone again in 4 years and be back in the same situation 3-4 years later. Stability is better but you have to evaluate at the end of each season if it's better to remain on course or roll the dice.

A lot of people won't like this statement but - I think Kubiak could win a Superbowl as a HC. I just don't think he's good enough to do it on his own. He's not a top 5-10 coach. He's just a middle of the pack coach. He needs a top 5 QB to do it with and he's been stuck with (his fault) a top 20 QB. His 2 biggest mistakes have been choosing rookie DCs and sticking with Schaub without bringing in true competition. He has a laundry list of other reasons he should lose his job after the season is over.

A franchise QB makes a good head coach great. A middle of the pack QB makes a good head coach look bad.

That said - time to replace Kubiak and everyone else. Roll the dice McNair.

steelbtexan
11-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Yeah, the idea that a GM is a failure for not having Pro Bowl talent at every position is a little ridiculous. I'll take a few lumps and have a hit in the 1st round every time.

The question should be, do you want a guy with Rick's draft background having the power to handpick his HC?

I dont, this will ensure another 5-10 yr period of the current Texans futility. IMHO Rick is/was nothing more than Gary's yes man. He will probably keep his job because of one thing, He has saved Uncle BoB alot of $$$$ during his tenure. Remember BoB looked up to and admired how Bud did business. It looks like BoB's franchise is headed down the same path. Hiring people like Rick Smith will help ensure ths. IMHO

Rick Smith is to BoB what Ladd Herzeg was to Bud. Only difference is Rick has more class than Ladd could've ever dreamed of having. But make no mistake, they both share the same roles in the org. (Henchmen) See: Ryans/Winston/Reed etc.... anybody that speaks out against the Texans way Losiing ways) will be let go. Speaking out against the Texans way is bad for the brand and BoB doesn't want to kill that golden goose. (Not that I blame him.)

Exascor
11-26-2013, 10:40 AM
He (Rick Smith) will probably keep his job because of one thing, He has saved Uncle BoB alot of $$$$ during his tenure. I've never heard that before. How has Smith saved McNair money?

dalemurphy
11-26-2013, 10:44 AM
..said the Chiefs.

...and the Seahawks.

...and the 49ers.

...and the Broncos.

...and the Colts.

...and the...

SO, are your comprehension skills this poor or is this an intentional tactic to distort what I said?

If you look at my post, I said that I believe replacing Kubiak is necessary. I was responding to someone who said "anyone would be better" and questioned why I was so focused on who the replacement would be.

My point is that change, in itself, does not improve create growth/improvement. Most of the historically bad organizations have a history of frequent organizational change. Why a Texan fan would argue with me for suggesting that I want the organization to carefully and thoughtfully select the next head coach is baffling to me and illustrates how much you are motivated by hate and anger towards Kubiak and company rather than genuine affinity for the team.

TheIronDuke
11-26-2013, 10:46 AM
Ok, and a quarterback!

That spits!

And a cheerleader!

That does the opposite!

houstonspartan
11-26-2013, 10:47 AM
SO, are your comprehension skills this poor or is this an intentional tactic to distort what I said?

If you look at my post, I said that I believe replacing Kubiak is necessary. I was responding to someone who said "anyone would be better" and questioned why I was so focused on who the replacement would be.

My point is that change, in itself, does not improve create growth/improvement. Most of the historically bad organizations have a history of frequent organizational change. Why a Texan fan would argue with me for suggesting that I want the organization to carefully and thoughtfully select the next head coach is baffling to me and illustrates how much you are motivated by hate and anger towards Kubiak and company rather than genuine affinity for the team.

LOL. You're questioning my affinity for this team? I'm not even going to dignify that nonsense with a response.

I will say this: There are Houston Texans fans, and there are Gary Kubiak fans. You are not a Houston Texans fan. You are a Gary Kubiak fan. That's cool. I respect that. Just OWN it, already and stop pretending that you want what's best for the team.

As Jerome Solomon said yesterday, the "Who else better can we get?" is the lamest, most absurd excuse in all of sports.

dalemurphy
11-26-2013, 10:57 AM
LOL. You're questioning my affinity for this team? I'm not even going to dignify that nonsense with a response.

I will say this: There are Houston Texans fans, and there are Gary Kubiak fans. You are not a Houston Texans fan. You are a Gary Kubiak fan. That's cool. I respect that. Just OWN it, already and stop pretending that you want what's best for the team.

As Jerome Solomon said yesterday, the "Who else better can we get?" is the lamest, most absurd excuse in all of sports.

I am both. I am a Texan fan and also a Kubiak fan. I was a Texan fan before Kubiak arrived, and I will be one after he exits. I will also continue to root for him, because I like to see good people succeed. I'm not sure why this upsets people. I have enjoyed the ride the past eight years. I am disappointed that it did not work out better than it has.

I'm not sure what excuse you are referring to? I did not even hint that we shouldn't fire Kubiak. I said it needs to be done, but his removal does not solve any of the team's problems until/unless he is replaced by the right guy. Who could possibly disagree with this?

It appears to me that your rooting interests are much more tied to Kubiak than mine are. I'm wanting to discuss who could come in and coach the Texans to greater success and you are simply fixating on Kubiak and getting rid of him. He's gone. Whether we follow him up with a Bobby Petrino or a Jim Harbaugh is what I care about.

steelbtexan
11-26-2013, 11:38 AM
I've never heard that before. How has Smith saved McNair money?

Thru letting guys like Winston/Ryans go and replacing them with 7th rd picks like Newton/James/Mays. Also the total build thru the draft philosophy is cheaper. It's OK to have that philosophy, but you need to be much... much .... beter at your job than Rick has been if you have that philosophy.

Do you really want the guy (Rick) who signed off on the Schaub extention (C_N_D told us how it was going to end with Schaub) Foster (RB's with over 300 touches always breakdown) making decisions that will impact this franchise for the next decade? I think I will pass on that. BoB should think about the Schaub deal every time he thinks about handing the keys over to Rick Smith.

steelbtexan
11-26-2013, 11:48 AM
I am both. I am a Texan fan and also a Kubiak fan. I was a Texan fan before Kubiak arrived, and I will be one after he exits. I will also continue to root for him, because I like to see good people succeed. I'm not sure why this upsets people. I have enjoyed the ride the past eight years. I am disappointed that it did not work out better than it has.

I'm not sure what excuse you are referring to? I did not even hint that we shouldn't fire Kubiak. I said it needs to be done, but his removal does not solve any of the team's problems until/unless he is replaced by the right guy. Who could possibly disagree with this?

It appears to me that your rooting interests are much more tied to Kubiak than mine are. I'm wanting to discuss who could come in and coach the Texans to greater success and you are simply fixating on Kubiak and getting rid of him. He's gone. Whether we follow him up with a Bobby Petrino or a Jim Harbaugh is what I care about.

Kubiak is great people. Many great people that aren't very good at their jobs get fired everyday. Fact is that the Texans would be in much better shape if they had gone out and hired a new regime with a good track record after the 2010 season. But BoB didn't want to do anything traumatic and here we sit today looking at the #1 draft pick for the 3rd time in a 12 yr span. That screams of ineptness and it's time to bring in a whole new regime. If BoB doesn't it will show the fanbase how much he really cares about winning vs making $$$$.

BTW, Give me Gruden, Jay Gruden that is. He's got the same fire that Jon used to have and this org would get some much needed accountability/discipline. Which is why BoB will never hire a coach like Gruden. He wont fit in with the Texans way.

Exascor
11-26-2013, 11:51 AM
Thru letting guys like Winston/Ryans go and replacing them with 7th rd picks like Newton/James/Mays. Also the total build thru the draft philosophy is cheaper. It's OK to have that philosophy, but you need to be much... much .... beter at your job than Rick has been if you have that philosophy.

Do you really want the guy (Rick) who signed off on the Schaub extention (C_N_D told us how it was going to end with Schaub) Foster (RB's with over 300 touches always breakdown) making decisions that will impact this franchise for the next decade? I think I will pass on that. BoB should think about the Schaub deal every time he thinks about handing the keys over to Rick Smith.I want Smith gone but your logic is flawed. Smith has spent the full salary cap each year. That's not saving McNair money. This isn't MLB. I thought you meant that Smith was getting paid way less than other GMs. hehe

Back to the anti-Kubiak talk.

houstonspartan
11-26-2013, 01:43 PM
]Kubiak is great people. Many great people that aren't very good at their jobs get fired everyday. Fact is that the Texans would be in much better shape if they had gone out and hired a new regime with a good track record after the 2010 season. But BoB didn't want to do anything traumatic and here we sit today looking at the #1 draft pick for the 3rd time in a 12 yr span. That screams of ineptness and it's time to bring in a whole new regime. If BoB doesn't it will show the fanbase how much he really cares about winning vs making $$$$.[/B]

BTW, Give me Gruden, Jay Gruden that is. He's got the same fire that Jon used to have and this org would get some much needed accountability/discipline. Which is why BoB will never hire a coach like Gruden. He wont fit in with the Texans way.

Correct. I would give Gary Kubiak - a perfect stranger - the keys to my house, the pin number to my checking account, my wallet and every other asset I own. He's simply a good dude.

I will not, however, give him the head coaching position of a billion dollar franchise (if I owned one).

And, yes, had we made the right move in 2010 and replaced him, we would be in much better shape.

Also, there's this: McNair did Kubiak more harm by keeping him after 2010. If he'd been fired after 2010, Kubiak's record wouldn't be so glaring. Now, three years later, when you look at the big picture of Kubiak's head coaching tenure, all you see is a big line of fail. That will prevent him from getting a head coaching job again, I'm guessing.

Sometimes you do people a favor by firing them.

drs23
11-26-2013, 04:25 PM
Correct. I would give Gary Kubiak - a perfect stranger - the keys to my house, the pin number to my checking account, my wallet and every other asset I own. He's simply a good dude.

I will not, however, give him the head coaching position of a billion dollar franchise (if I owned one).

And, yes, had we made the right move in 2010 and replaced him, we would be in much better shape.

Also, there's this: McNair did Kubiak more harm by keeping him after 2010. If he'd been fired after 2010, Kubiak's record wouldn't be so glaring. Now, three years later, when you look at the big picture of Kubiak's head coaching tenure, all you see is a big line of fail. That will prevent him from getting a head coaching job again, I'm guessing.

Sometimes you do people a favor by firing them.

I'm not going to argue the point that he needs to go. The perfect flush happened in the AFC South that allowed the Texans to hang two banners. I'm sure Kubiak had something to do with that but I'm not here to defend him. I agree at this point he's toast and needs to start cleaning out his office probably around December 28th because I'm sure he's accumulated alot of stuff in 8 years. He'll need every bit of those two days.

My main point here and a few other threads is: Where is the empirical evidence that "we would be in much better shape."? There's no way you can guarantee that. Nowhere close even. We could have and may still have a replacement that looks really great on paper that wilts like dead weeds and has no success in righting the ship. As several others have stated, it could get worse. I hope like hell it gets us to the show but my point is, there's no guarantee. For every 'good time, great turn-around story' that's been spewed my bet is an astute Googler can find twice as many, probably more, that imploded.

That's all I'm saying.

Carry on.

Tolar's Ghost
11-26-2013, 05:05 PM
...Otherwise, mike Zimmerman would be a person to look at...

George? Robert?

Oh, Zimmer, the DC with the Bengals.

Not bad. I can see him being in the hunt.

kiwitexansfan
11-26-2013, 05:10 PM
George? Robert?

Oh, Zimmer, the DC with the Bengals.

Not bad. I can see him being in the hunt.

Is his good work there coaching or talent though?

amazing80
11-26-2013, 08:02 PM
Is his good work there coaching or talent though?

coaching up that talent....hes a good dc

welsh texan
11-27-2013, 03:58 AM
Bob Allen asked last night (Mon) on Ch 11 " Where has McNair been all this time?"
"He hasn't been heard from since before Kubiak had his stroke"

Think maybe he is jetting around asking questions, visiting prospects for GM or coach, both? Doubt it though, todays media would be all over it.

:coffee:

Not saying he's definitely doing it of anything but with his wealth and lack of celebrity it's possible he could move around all stealthy and that.

Don't assume the work isn't being done just because we don't know about it, it would be very out of character if we were to know.

On a seperate note, I really don't disagree all that much with the decision to stick with Kubiak after 2010, although I wanted him gone at the time. I think the guy ended up working against his normal MO in spending big money on FAs.

Now JoJo and Manning have both played their part on this team and overall been good additions in isolation, but if you want to build through the draft and then you begin letting your depth/solid starters walk because you don't have the mid-range money available because you spend over $10M a season on your FA CB plus whatever Manning is costing, then it's going to lead to the wheels falling off at some point.

Kubes wasn't looking likely to get us over the top without that money spent, he almost did for a while because of it, but then lost a lost of the mid-range talent because of it too.

Had we continued to draft well then the point would be moot.

It was the right thing to do to give him the shot though and we got our most successful couple of years since inception off the back of it.

I think the new coach is going to have more top talent to work with now than he would've had in 2011, I think if we cut the chord on Schaub, and knock some money off antonio Smith's cap hit, suddenly the coach has a bit of wiggle room until the watt contract is up which he can use to give time to prepare a few guys on rookie contracts over the next few years.

Things could be good again very soon. Especially with the rookie QB discount spent wisely.

Runner
11-27-2013, 07:48 AM
My main point here and a few other threads is: Where is the empirical evidence that "we would be in much better shape."? There's no way you can guarantee that. Nowhere close even. We could have and may still have a replacement that looks really great on paper that wilts like dead weeds and has no success in righting the ship. As several others have stated, it could get worse. I hope like hell it gets us to the show but my point is, there's no guarantee. For every 'good time, great turn-around story' that's been spewed my bet is an astute Googler can find twice as many, probably more, that imploded.

Variations of this argument have been used to defend keeping Kubiak for years. Of course there is no guarantee that the next coach will be better. However, given that Kubiak's teams have under-achieved for about six of his eight years, I think it is more certain that things aren't going to get better with Kubiak than with a new coach.

I've read for years that keeping Kubiak and staying the course would guarantee a decade of playoff appearances. I never joined the enlightened on that, no matter how many stories about the 60s and 70s Cowboys and Steelers were passed about. There was obviously no guarantee then, and there isn't one now.

However, there is enough data to predict how the Texans will perform if this regime maintains control for a few more years. Change is necessary and overdue.

Thorn
11-27-2013, 07:54 AM
Even if the Texans suck under a new head coach at least we'll have something new to b*tch about.

Rey
11-27-2013, 10:46 AM
There's no way you can guarantee that. Nowhere close even. We could have and may still have a replacement that looks really great on paper that wilts like dead weeds and has no success in righting the ship. As several others have stated, it could get worse. I hope like hell it gets us to the show but my point is, there's no guarantee. For every 'good time, great turn-around story' that's been spewed my bet is an astute Googler can find twice as many, probably more, that imploded.

That's all I'm saying.

Carry on.

You can use that as a reason not to hire anyone.

Where is this heaven sent head coach that will descend upon our fair city and lead us to the promise land? What coach is not going to have question marks? What coach is out there where everyone would agree that he was the guy to do it?

Patriots could fire belichick tommorrow and people would say, he's nothing without Brady. He hasn't won since he stopped cheating. Folks would find a reason that he wouldn't be successful here.

Lombardi could crawl out his grave and people would say he's too old, been away from the game too long....and undead HC's are creepy...

Probably all legit criticisms. But that's the point....there is no perfect solution. If there was, then this wouldn't be real life where tough decisions are par for the course.

Either way, we know what we have hasn't worked.

Exascor
11-27-2013, 10:48 AM
Lombardi could crawl out his grave and people would say he's too old, been away from the game too long....and undead HC's are creepy... Every undead coach I've seen is creepy. Not sure they are Texans worthy anyways.

Nice touch Rey. MSR

Honoring Earl 34
11-27-2013, 12:02 PM

Where is this heaven sent head coach that will descend upon our fair city and lead us to the promise land? What coach is not going to have question marks? What coach is out there where everyone would agree that he was the guy to do it?

Patriots could fire belichick tommorrow and people would say, he's nit hung without Brady. He hasn't won since he stopped cheating. Folks would find a reason that he wouldn't be successful here.

Lombardi could crawl out his grave and people would say he's too old, been away from the game too long....and undead HC's are creepy...

Probably all legit criticisms. But that's the point....there is no perfect solution. If there was, then this wouldn't be real life where tough decisions are par for the course.

Either way, we know what we haven't hasn't worked.

The guy .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKOBqH8pQaQ

bckey
11-27-2013, 04:39 PM
Nice touch Rey. MSR

Got him for ya.

Rey
11-27-2013, 05:44 PM
The guy .

That was pretty funny.

Never saw that before.

Honoring Earl 34
11-27-2013, 05:50 PM
That was pretty funny.

Never saw that before.

One of the great characters in movie history .

HJam72
11-29-2013, 04:36 PM
Even if the Texans suck under a new head coach at least we'll have something new to b*tch about.

uoooooooooooooooooop, they it is. :texanbill:

Heath Shuler
11-29-2013, 04:42 PM
Greg Koch ‏@gregkoch1 1h

Just got report from source, Jon Gruden at IAH......hmm, sightseeing day after Thanksgiving?

HJam72
11-29-2013, 04:46 PM
Chuckee, save us! :specnatz:

drs23
11-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Greg Koch ‏@gregkoch1 1h

Just got report from source, Jon Gruden at IAH......hmm, sightseeing day after Thanksgiving?.....

Please, say IT AIN'T SO! No Chucky here. Please...

Texan_Bill
11-29-2013, 07:09 PM
The guy .

Hilarious!!! Thanks!!

Texan_Bill
11-29-2013, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Greg Koch ‏@gregkoch1 1h

Just got report from source, Jon Gruden at IAH......hmm, sightseeing day after Thanksgiving?.....

Yeah, I'm not a big "Chucky" fan BUT and "I like big BUTTS and can not lie" we gotta change this thing up, man.

I like Kubiak and really wanted him to be successful. It's run it's course - time to move on. Time to go along with Rick Smith.

otisbean
11-29-2013, 07:56 PM
I'm not sure I understand people's issues with Gruden, he's a great coach. I wonder if the naysayers have watched him coach much. I have followed the Raiders as well since the 80s ( it's been really tough the last decade) so I've seen all his Raider games and I watched all his games in Tampa as well. He runs the WCO offense so there would be little transition time offensively. He's tough and demands accountability from his players. In my opinion, signing him would be great. I'd keep Wade and give him one more chance to clean up the D otherwise he's gone next season as well.

Oh, and for those that say he won with Dungys guys, tell me who he beat in the SB that year... His old guys in OAK.

infantrycak
11-29-2013, 08:27 PM
Oh, and for those that say he won with Dungys guys, tell me who he beat in the SB that year... His old guys in OAK.

Why do Gruden fans act like this helps him?

I guess Callahan was a better coach than Gruden since he got Gruden's team further than Gruden.

drs23
11-29-2013, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I'm not a big "Chucky" fan BUT and "I like big BUTTS and can not lie" we gotta change this thing up, man.

I like Kubiak and really wanted him to be successful. It's run it's course - time to move on. Time to go along with Rick Smith.

I've got no argument with any of that at all TB. It's time to blow this thing up. It's just that Gruden wouldn't be my choice.

Thorn
11-29-2013, 08:46 PM
At least Gruden would be a change. I'm not sure if that would be good or not, but at this point as long as the wind changes directions I'm good with it.

infantrycak
11-29-2013, 09:23 PM
At least Gruden would be a change. I'm not sure if that would be good or not, but at this point as long as the wind changes directions I'm good with it.

You would think we would have learned change is not always good.

1st change under Gruden - Michael Vick.

houstonspartan
11-29-2013, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Greg Koch ‏@gregkoch1 1h

Considering that IAH is one of the largest airports on the planet earth, this is not surprising. Dude could have been connecting to another flight.

otisbean
11-29-2013, 10:01 PM
Why do Gruden fans act like this helps him?

I guess Callahan was a better coach than Gruden since he got Gruden's team further than Gruden.

Not even close, the Raiders were knocking on the door when Gruden left. Hell, if not for the stupid Tuck rule, I think Gruden would have gotten there in Oak as well

Tolar's Ghost
11-29-2013, 10:45 PM
A couple of years ago I talked with a guy who played under Gruden at Tampa Bay. He said that most of the players "managed to put up with him...and that's about it. He was kind of a hard-ass."

He went on to say "we wanted to like him, because he knew football. And he could have a good sense of humor. But he was really full of himself."

Gruden wouldn't be high on my wish list. But I do think his time at ESPN would help him if he coaches again. Might make him less of a "hard-ass."

steelbtexan
11-29-2013, 11:35 PM
You would think we would have learned change is not always good.

1st change under Gruden - Michael Vick.

At 2-9 change is not only a good thing, it's necessary if you want a winning team. A hardass would be a good fit for this team. Rather than the players coach softy/country club mentality that currently exists.

No to Jon Gruden, Yes to Jay Gruden, Jay has more fire and is an offensive mind, as well as being a hardass.

I garuntee you one thing Jay Gruden wouldn't be having an elective surgery during the combine after a glorious non playoff 9-7 season.

infantrycak
11-29-2013, 11:49 PM
I garuntee you one thing Jay Gruden wouldn't be having an elective surgery during the combine after a glorious non playoff 9-7 season.

Man you go straight to spin everything once you decide not to like someone. Clearly you can guarantee no such thing. Calling Kubiak's two surgeries elective is a joke. Correcting sleep apnea is not cosmetic surgery. And duh, surgery would best be done in the off-season.

Honoring Earl 34
11-30-2013, 10:14 AM
Man you go straight to spin everything once you decide not to like someone. Clearly you can guarantee no such thing. Calling Kubiak's two surgeries elective is a joke. Correcting sleep apnea is not cosmetic surgery. And duh, surgery would best be done in the off-season.

On that subject , I wonder if his one condition somehow led to the other ? I don't think anyone has ever questioned Kubiak's work ethic .

Texecutioner
11-30-2013, 12:13 PM
Looks like the typical Kubiak apologists are still reaching to make it seem like this guy hasn't been a total embarrassing disaster here for the last 8 years. I find it amusing that people actually credit him for the first playoff season when it was Wade's defense that caused that all season when Yates was throwing check downs all season long and there was hardly any offense. Hell, if it wasn't for Mcnair Kubiak would have still kept Smith for another year. Lol!

Sorry guys, but all of those arguments for Kubiak over the years have all but failed over and over again. We're a worse team now then what we were in Dom Capers last season. I always found it funny that Kubiak's disciples in here would bash Capers on and on, but at the same time excuse and put Gary on a pedastool. Capers had some horrid seasons, but he had Carr and company and an expansion team he inherited with no Oline. Kubiak's had a ton of talent for several years and ran this team into the ground as if he was driving a jet 500 miles per hour into the ground.

dalemurphy
11-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Looks like the typical Kubiak apologists are still reaching to make it seem like this guy hasn't been a total embarrassing disaster here for the last 8 years. I find it amusing that people actually credit him for the first playoff season when it was Wade's defense that caused that all season when Yates was throwing check downs all season long and there was hardly any offense. Hell, if it wasn't for Mcnair Kubiak would have still kept Smith for another year. Lol!

Sorry guys, but all of those arguments for Kubiak over the years have all but failed over and over again. We're a worse team now then what we were in Dom Capers last season. I always found it funny that Kubiak's disciples in here would bash Capers on and on, but at the same time excuse and put Gary on a pedastool. Capers had some horrid seasons, but he had Carr and company and an expansion team he inherited with no Oline. Kubiak's had a ton of talent for several years and ran this team into the ground as if he was driving a jet 500 miles per hour into the ground.

This is such hateful bile... Exactly what defies logic. After taking that same disaster under capers and starting 0-4 with them in 2006, Texan fans did not root for a losing team in any season other than 2010 and this season. While those are not championship credentials, it also isn't "driving a jet 500 miles per hour into the ground". Also, why do you need everyone to hate Kubiak? Nobody is arguing for Kubiak to stay next year. So, what is this obsession with "apologists"? I have been marked as a Kubiak apologist, which is fine, but even I have blamed this disastrous season primarily on Kubiak's miscalculations and coaching limitations. So, what is it that you need exactly?

Section516
11-30-2013, 01:19 PM
taniaganguli Tania Ganguli
"@TravHaneyESPN: In recent days, I'd heard Aggies were more concerned about losing Sumlin to Texans than USC."

steelbtexan
11-30-2013, 01:26 PM
"@TravHaneyESPN: In recent days, I'd heard Aggies were more concerned about losing Sumlin to Texans than USC."

Just what the fans want another Aggie who has never even won a confrence championship in COLLEGE.

dalemurphy
11-30-2013, 01:32 PM
Just what the fans want another Aggie who has never even won a confrence championship in COLLEGE.

My impression of Sumlin is that he could be a very good NFL coach... I have concerns about how quickly he would successfully adapt his offense to the NFL. Mostly, though, I worry about what his defensive staff would look like. The day he would be hired, though, I would primarily experience optimism.

steelbtexan
11-30-2013, 01:33 PM

The offseason, after the combine.

I cant garuntee anything. But do you think Gruden would've had the surgery? Be honest.

How did I spin anything? Nice try counselor. Sorry the Gary thing didn't work out. Both of us wanted it to work out. Only one of us are being honest with ourselves.

ArlingtonTexan
11-30-2013, 01:39 PM

A crawl on ABC, just said that sumlin has agreed to a new 6 year contract with the Aggies

steelbtexan
11-30-2013, 01:40 PM
My impression of Sumlin is that he could be a very good NFL coach... I have concerns about how quickly he would successfully adapt his offense to the NFL. Mostly, though, I worry about what his defensive staff would look like. The day he would be hired, though, I would primarily experience optimism.

Good for you and another 8 yrs of mental masturbation.

It doesn't bother you that Sumlin has never won anything despite having 2 of the greatest college QB's in NCAA history. (He didn't recruit either of them)

You really want Sumlin to lead a pro team? Give me Jay Gruden or Zimmer, people that have proven themselves in the NFL. As opposed to a guy that hasn't even proven he can win big at the college level.

Maybe winning isn't your, or BoB's #1 priority.

ArlingtonTexan
11-30-2013, 01:41 PM
A crawl on ABC, just said that sumlin has agreed to a new 6 year contract with the Aggies

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/30/kevin-sumlin-agrees-to-six-year-contract-extension-at-texas-am/

steelbtexan
11-30-2013, 01:43 PM

Great news

Time for the Aggies to stop the Aggies to the Texans infestation.

infantrycak
11-30-2013, 01:51 PM
The offseason, after the combine.

I cant garuntee anything. But do you think Gruden would've had the surgery? Be honest.

How did I spin anything? Nice try counselor. Sorry the Gary thing didn't work out. Both of us wanted it to work out. Only one of us are being honest with ourselves.

I honestly don't know what Gruden would do and neither do you. You claiming to know is spinning and being dishonest with yourself.

steelbtexan
11-30-2013, 01:54 PM
I honestly don't know what Gruden would do and neither do you. You claiming to know is spinning and being dishonest with yourself.

Great rebuttal,

How many other HC's do you know that have missed the combine for an elective surgery? History may be on my side on this one.

infantrycak
11-30-2013, 02:01 PM
Great rebuttal,

How many other HC's do you know that have missed the combine for an elective surgery? History may be on my side on this one.

First off, not all HCs attend the combine. History is definitely on my side on this one. Every year there is reporting on which HCs are at the combine and at which sessions.

Second, I have no idea and once again neither do you. You are making things up.

Tolar's Ghost
11-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Another link:

http://college-football.si.com/2013/11/30/kevin-sumlin-texas-am-aggies/

Lucky
11-30-2013, 06:15 PM
Give me Jay Gruden or Zimmer, people that have proven themselves in the NFL.
Can you explain the infatuation with Jay Gruden? What exactly has he proven in the NFL? I agree that Zimmer has the track record and deserves HC consideration somewhere.

Texecutioner
11-30-2013, 06:47 PM
On that subject , I wonder if his one condition somehow led to the other ? I don't think anyone has ever questioned Kubiak's work ethic .

No, I don't either. His stubbornness has always been his biggest issue, He refuses to adapt to what he has and what he is up against.

TheMatrix31
11-30-2013, 06:48 PM
Don't mind him, it's just a name he's latched onto for some reason.

Oh yeah, Cincinnati Bengals---the gold standard for offense in the NFL since 2011.

I'm glad that college gimmick guy Sumlin isn't "in the running" anymore. I want a coach to take us to the next level. College guy ain't gonna do that. That's a guy you could roll the dice on for a rebuild. We're not rebuilding. We're attempting to do what the Chargers tried when they fired Schottenheimer. Let's hope we have more success with the next guy than they had with Norv Turner.

Tolar's Ghost
11-30-2013, 10:18 PM
A&M can keep Sumlin.

His decision a little while ago to punt with only 2 minutes remaining, and down 7, on the road (at Missouri), was insane...

steelbtexan
12-01-2013, 12:21 AM
A&M can keep Sumlin.

His decision a little while ago to punt with only 2 minutes remaining, and down 7, on the road (at Missouri), was insane...

After using a timeout

Very Gary the early yrs.

gtexan02
12-01-2013, 08:34 PM
How about Dan Quin, d coordinator for the seahawks

infantrycak
12-01-2013, 08:43 PM
How about Dan Quin, d coordinator for the seahawks

It is his first year as DC. Why would you think him ready to be HC?

htownfan32
12-01-2013, 08:43 PM

Draft Failures:
Kareem Jackson
Amobi Okoye
Whitney Merciless
Sam Montgomery
Trevardo Williams
Derek Newton
Antwaun Moulden
Earl Mitchell
Sherrick McMannis
Brooks Reed
Brandon Harris
Rock Carmichael
Derek Newton
Brandon Brooks
Ben Jones

Ed Reed- Signing
Greg Jones-Signing

Glover Quin- Departure
Joel Dreesen- Departure
Eric Winston- Departure
Mike Brisiel- Departure
Vonta Leach- Departure
Demeco Ryans-Departure

I stopped reading as soon as Kareem Jackson headed the list of draft failures.

gtexan02
12-01-2013, 09:20 PM

I think Seattle's defense is excellent and would love to model the Texans after their success. I would like to see us go back to the 4-3 and I would like to see us get a coach who is going to maximize our biggest strength - JJ Watt and the potential of our DL. He is a DL guy by training.

He was an assistant HC under Jim Mora so I think he has enough NFL experience to be successful.

The last thing is that Seattle clearly has a lot of success due to their secondary. I'd love a guy who plays to our strengths but looks to develop our weaknesses. He seems to value both (no proof of this except for the performance -- I don't know how much of this is him vs Carol)

kiwitexansfan
12-01-2013, 09:38 PM
The last thing is that Seattle clearly has a lot of success due to their secondary. I'd love a guy who plays to our strengths but looks to develop our weaknesses. He seems to value both (no proof of this except for the performance -- I don't know how much of this is him vs Carol)

Pete Carrol?!?!

Not that guy, he is a huge failure as an NFL head coach.

That is what people were saying when Carrol was hired by Seattle.

Tolar's Ghost
12-02-2013, 12:37 AM

Mike Tomlin was an OC for only a year (with the Vikings in 2006) before being named the Steelers' head coach in '07.

He hasn't done badly.

infantrycak
12-02-2013, 12:53 AM
Mike Tomlin was an OC for only a year (with the Vikings in 2006) before being named the Steelers' head coach in '07.

He hasn't done badly.

You would be hard pressed to find a more unique circumstance for a new HC. He inherited a SB winning team (don't go there on the 2006 season - Big Ben had his motorcycle wreck and a miserable year) and a full staff and continuing administration. Hard to extend that to ordinary circumstances.

Nitrofish
12-02-2013, 02:57 AM

Now this is some great reasoning. Something tells me you could find something to b*tch about no matter the circumstances.

Patriots could fire belichick tommorrow and people would say, he's nothing without Brady. He hasn't won since he stopped cheating. Folks would find a reason that he wouldn't be successful here.

Either way, we know what we have hasn't worked.

Good stuff bro... thanks for the laugh. I too consider undead HC's creepy.

The guy .

Hilarious... Never seen that either. Thanks for sharing.

+100 for the funny way you added the Sir Mixalot lyrics in there. I agree it is time to move on and try something different.

Uncle Rico
12-02-2013, 06:40 AM
What about Jack Del Rio? I think he would make a good coach. Great defenses without the gimmicks, and he would start with more talent here than he did with JAX. Plus he's been in the game without a commentary hiatus to make you soft.

Thorn
12-02-2013, 07:09 AM
Now this is some great reasoning. Something tells me you could find something to b*tch about no matter the circumstances.

Of course I would. What's your point?

steelbtexan
12-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Can you explain the infatuation with Jay Gruden? What exactly has he proven in the NFL? I agree that Zimmer has the track record and deserves HC consideration somewhere.

Do you like Cincy's offense? I do

Gruden appears to have some of the WC offenses princeples. (Not all) He is more modern and less conservative with his game plan/play calling than Kubiak and has helped in the development of Dalton. Who I consider to be a younger version of Schaub.

steelbtexan
12-02-2013, 10:21 AM
First off, not all HCs attend the combine. History is definitely on my side on this one. Every year there is reporting on which HCs are at the combine and at which sessions.

Second, I have no idea and once again neither do you. You are making things up.

If Gary has final say on who makes the roster, Then the least he could do would be to show up at the combine. (Atleast somebody who puts winning 1st would.)

VTexan
12-02-2013, 10:27 AM
Ray Horton for me.

sometexansfan
12-02-2013, 10:42 AM
I'm not quite sure about a HC candidate yet, but as far as DC's go, the Jets seem to be imploding once again...

Rey
12-02-2013, 10:48 AM
I'm not quite sure about a HC candidate yet, but as far as DC's go, the Jets seem to be imploding once again...

Would love to have Rex as DC.

JB
12-02-2013, 11:17 AM
If Gary has final say on who makes the roster, Then the least he could do would be to show up at the combine. (Atleast somebody who puts winning 1st would.)

Wow, you are really hung up on this. Do you think that all successful coaches go to the combine every year? And to all the college workouts too? Half Scout/half coach?

Can't you find a different reason to hate? This one is old and stale

HJam72
12-02-2013, 11:35 AM
OMG, he dint go to the combine? :roast:

DBCooper
12-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Would love to have Rex as DC.

I got no problem with that.

steelbtexan
12-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Wow, you are really hung up on this. Do you think that all successful coaches go to the combine every year? And to all the college workouts too? Half Scout/half coach?

Can't you find a different reason to hate? This one is old and stale

Dismiss it if you want, but you would think the guy who has control over the roster would make it a priority to be at the combine. The fact that the Texans were trumpeting a 9-7 season as some kid of benchmark and finishe 6-10 the next yr told me all I needed to know about BoB/Rick/Gary and the rest of the crew. Style over substance and very little has been done to change my mind.

Did you really feel like the Texans were a SB contender the last 2 yrs? If so, this is where we disagree.

Maybe I expect too much out of the leader of the on the field product. You knw, like doing everything in his power to put the best team possible on the field. Clearly Gary didn't do this and rightly should pay/have paid with his job 4-5 yrs ago.

Norg
12-02-2013, 03:39 PM
The Shannys And Kubes Reunite in Houston ............. :kitten:

if redskins fire Mike ...????

infantrycak
12-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Dismiss it if you want, but you would think the guy who has control over the roster would make it a priority to be at the combine. The fact that the Texans were trumpeting a 9-7 season as some kid of benchmark and finishe 6-10 the next yr told me all I needed to know about BoB/Rick/Gary and the rest of the crew. Style over substance and very little has been done to change my mind.

How about you provide some examples of teams who did not celebrate their first winning season or first one under a new regime?

JB
12-02-2013, 03:49 PM

Did you really feel like the Texans were a SB contender the last 2 yrs? If so, this is where we disagree.

Maybe I expect too much out of the leader of the on the field product. You knw, like doing everything in his power to put the best team possible on the field. Clearly Gary didn't do this and rightly should pay/have paid with his job 4-5 yrs ago.

No, I didn't. I thought they were a contender to make it thru the divisional round.

I don't think that him being at the combine in person would have made any difference however

steelbtexan
12-02-2013, 03:55 PM
How about you provide some examples of teams who did not celebrate their first winning season or first one under a new regime?

I dont keep up with other teams. Do you?

Except when it comes time for the TT Mock Draft. Yeah Baby

steelbtexan
12-02-2013, 03:57 PM
No, I didn't. I thought they were a contender to make it thru the divisional round.

I don't think that him being at the combine in person would have made any difference however

Fair enough

I feel it would or possibly could have seeing as how the bottom fell out. We will never know though. Good to have you back posting again.

infantrycak
12-02-2013, 03:59 PM
I dont keep up with other teams. Do you?

Some and so do you. Even just watching Texans games you see the universal attitude with commentators and fans saying stuff about yay, 1st winning season for opposing teams. It is always mentioned as a positive event. Plus even a modicum of common sense tells you that every single team of any sport with such an event will laud it.

JB
12-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Good to have you back posting again.

Thanks! :fans:

Tolar's Ghost
12-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Watching the Seahawks' well-oiled offensive machine tonight, the No. 1 target of the Texans' management should be Seattle OC Darrell Bevell.

The way they use Russell Wilson is brilliant. Kubiak should be frantically taking notes....Except that he won't be with the Texans next year.

So go hire the guy who understands how to get the most out of a short, mobile QB.

infantrycak
12-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Watching the Seahawks' well-oiled offensive machine tonight, the No. 1 target of the Texans' management should be Seattle OC Darrell Bevell.

The way they use Russell Wilson is brilliant. Kubiak should be frantically taking notes....Except that he won't be with the Texans next year.

So go hire the guy who understands how to get the most out of a short, mobile QB.

Keenum is not close to the same kind of athlete as Wilson. 4.5 v. 4.8 is a world of difference.

Thorn
12-02-2013, 09:22 PM

I'm watching that game as well. That Seahawk offense is a well oiled machine tonight and Wilson is doing a great job.

Tolar's Ghost
12-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Keenum is not close to the same kind of athlete as Wilson. 4.5 v. 4.8 is a world of difference.

I don't think that matters much. Keenum has plenty of talent for a smart coach to work with.

The main point is the Bevell and the Seahawks have a much better grasp of what it takes to move the ball in today's NFL than does the Texans' staff.

infantrycak
12-02-2013, 09:51 PM
I don't think that matters much. Keenum has plenty of talent for a smart coach to work with.

The main point is the Bevell and the Seahawks have a much better grasp of what it takes to move the ball in today's NFL than does the Texans' staff.

Of course who's the QB makes a difference when much of their moving the ball is based on his running.

Seahawks with Bevel - yds 28, 17, 12 pts 23, 9, 2
Texans - yds 13, 7, 10 pts 10, 8, 29

There is only one time in one category in Bevel's tenure where the Seahawks have beat the Texans. That's with the Texans 53 yds rushing by QBs the last two years and Wilson rushing for 898 yds.

Bevell is a good choice for consideration but not for the reasons you are stating. For example, a good one would be the transition should not be tough in overall philosophy because he employs a WCO with with quite a bit of stretch plays.

mussop
12-02-2013, 11:22 PM

No but Manzel is! :kitten:

Then hire Rex as DC and let's start building a really big trophy case. :spin:

bOODRO87
12-03-2013, 09:23 AM
Seahawks OC as HC with Teddy + OL with 33rd pick.

I've got a golden ticket...

TexansBull
12-03-2013, 01:42 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Kubiak will be fired after his 8th year, after averaging an 8-8 record with a quarterback wearing number 8? He was drafted in the 8th round in 1983...born in August...

Aliens...or Mayans...

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Runner
12-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Kubiak will be fired after his 8th year, after averaging an 8-8 record with a quarterback wearing number 8? He was drafted in the 8th round in 1983...born in August...

Aliens...or Mayans...

That's just greight.

HOU-TEX
12-03-2013, 02:07 PM
As much as I think we need a coaching staff change, it wouldn't surprise me at all if McNair chose to ride with Kubiak. McNair's loyalty is his strength, but also his biggest weakness (if that makes any sense). There are also many excuses that he could use for reason to retain him.

Let us pray it doesn't happen.

*Just a random thought

Exascor
12-03-2013, 02:10 PM

Aliens...or Mayans...

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board ExpressSigned off on another 8 QB and the only other significant QB while Kubiak was here was #1...8. Coincidence?
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRScz0Z2nMQa_yB_MibPyuAhEamAmDnS LXzOLusSeE0fLucA0X1cQ

TexansBull
12-03-2013, 02:23 PM
His sons are Klint, Klay, and Klein. Not saying anything. But if this was Sesame Street this programming would have been brought to you by the letter K and the number 8...

michaelm
12-03-2013, 03:03 PM
His sons are Klint, Klay, and Klein. Not saying anything. But if this was Sesame Street this programming would have been brought to you by the letter K and the number 8...

Hmmmm. The letter K is the 8th consonant in the English alphabet.

Tolar's Ghost
12-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Of course who's the QB makes a difference when much of their moving the ball is based on his running...

You make it sound like Keenum is devoid of talent and couldn't be successful in the Seahawks' type of offense.

My point is that Keenum has plenty of talent. And a guy like Bevell could get the most of it - and probably out of any QB the Texans draft.

They were talking about this on 610 today. Seth Payne astutely noted that, if Keenum were running the Seahawks offense, he'd be much more productive than he has been with the Texans so far. That's because of Bevell's feel for the QB position, and offense in general.

Apparently Carroll knows it's just a matter of time before Bevell gets a HC job:

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_24524448/darrell-bevell-minnesota-vikings-loss-is-seahawks-gain

Honoring Earl 34
12-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Hmmmm. The letter K is the 8th consonant in the English alphabet.

Is this some kinda scientology ?

http://images4.mtv.com/uri/mgid:uma:content:mtv.com:1525988?width=281&height=211

infantrycak
12-03-2013, 07:32 PM
You make it sound like Keenum is devoid of talent and couldn't be successful in the Seahawks' type of offense.

No, I make it sound like Keenum is not plug and play into the Seahawks' offense.

Mr. White
12-04-2013, 07:27 AM
Does anyone subscribe to the Chronicle? If so, can you tell us what's in McClain's article today?

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-house-cleaning-would-be-foolish-5032987.php

Pretty good chance that this was fed to him by the front office.

Thorn
12-04-2013, 07:40 AM
Does anyone subscribe to the Chronicle? If so, can you tell us what's in McClain's article today?

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-house-cleaning-would-be-foolish-5032987.php

I don't have a subscription to that rag, I also don't give a $hit what that frigging fat bastard McClain has to say. I think it would be foolish NOT to clean house.

Mr. White
12-04-2013, 08:29 AM
I think it would be foolish NOT to clean house.

Maybe so, but I have a feeling that McNair might be trying to prepare the fanbase for a letdown. It's not like it hasn't happened before.

I guess I won't know until I see the article.

DX-TEX
12-04-2013, 11:29 AM

Then he completely flipped flopped from his chat yesterday. He was adamant that Kubiak was gone but Smith would be retained.

There is absolutely no way McNair can keep Kubiak. NONE! He has to know the fans would absolutely turn on him and this team

Mr. White
12-04-2013, 02:24 PM

Got it. And I still think this is front office spin. Don't shoot the messenger.

It's stunning how many fans and members of the media want Texans owner Bob McNair to blow up his front office by firing coach Gary Kubiak and general manager Rick Smith after one atrocious season.

A front-office house cleaning would sweep out the coaches and most of the personnel department because a new general manager and coach would want to bring in their people.

And that would mean a cleansing of the roster, too, after what could be a 2-14 season that ends with a 14-game losing streak.

In other words, a total rebuilding job for the Texans - the same thing that happened in 2006 when Kubiak replaced Dom Capers and the Texans improved from 2-14 to 6-10.

The Texans' predicament is a franchise first. It's hard to lose 10 consecutive games with the parity that exists in the NFL.

"It doesn't matter whether you're 10-2 or 2-10, nothing's changed other than it's very difficult to work through the situation," Kubiak said. "As a coach and as a player, you wouldn't be in this business if you haven't worked through these things before or you don't have the belief that you're going to work through this.

"If you're going to stick around our business, you'll probably get a chance at both ends of the stick. So find out what you're made of. This is a very difficult time, but guys are pushing themselves as best they can. At the end of the day, though, you don't get to smile and hand everybody a ball and say, 'Boy, that was a great effort.' "

The Texans continue to play hard, but they make mistakes, mental and physical, that losers make - penalties at the worst time, dropped passes and turnovers.

When a team loses as much as the Texans have, change is inevitable. But what kind of owner fires his general manager and coach one bad season after they won back-to-back AFC South titles and a playoff game each year?

A foolish one.

And McNair is no fool.

McNair will have to make some difficult decisions. Once he lets everyone know what his plans are, the Texans will have to make a decision that will affect the franchise for probably a decade.

Continuity is key at QB

Through 12 games this season, there are 13 teams with winning records. Twelve of them have something common: healthy quarterbacks.

The only team with a winning record that's been forced to change starting quarterbacks is Philadelphia. Michael Vick's injury gave Austin native Nick Foles an opportunity in his second season, and he's been exceptional with 19 touchdown passes, no interceptions and a four-game winning streak.

So the common theme among winners is stability at quarterback. If you don't believe it, ask the Packers and Bears.

Barring injury, Case Keenum will have 10 games to audition for the Texans' starting quarterback job next season. They're 0-6 in his starts, but they've lost by 3.6 points a game.

Keenum needs Kubiak

Keenum's best chance to be the starter next season would be if Kubiak were retained. A new coach would insist on drafting a quarterback, probably in the first round depending on how the prospects are rated when the scouting process is finished.

Interestingly, when Kubiak has been on the sideline - not in the press box or having to watch the Arizona game at home - Keenum is 39-of-72 for 751 yards and four touchdowns, with one interception and a 103.4 rating.

Without Kubiak on the sideline, Keenum is 64-of-118 for 682 yards and four touchdowns, with two interceptions and a 75.6 rating.

Whatever decision the Texans make on their quarterback for 2014 and beyond must be the correct one.

If they decide they want to draft a quarterback - and don't expect them to sign a high-priced veteran - expect them to use a high pick. It's way too early to tell who that quarterback will be if they do indeed take that route.

OzzO
12-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Yeah saw that... I think he's trying to play both sides.
1.) to say "I told you so" whichever way they go.
2.) maintain his good relations with the FO for the little scraps he gets now.

What got me was
When a team loses as much as the Texans have, change is inevitable. But what kind of owner fires his general manager and coach one bad season after they won back-to-back AFC South titles and a playoff game each year?

A foolish one.

And McNair is no fool.

How about what kind of owner stays put with mediocracy over 8 years, including a few years of chitting the bed? Answer that one Johnny Mac.

amazing80
12-04-2013, 06:17 PM
McClain is an idiot and so is Mcnair if he keeps Gary. Nothing else more to say.

The fact these idiots still think it takes multiple seasons to "rebuild" is mind blowing.

SW H-TOWN
12-05-2013, 07:15 PM
If we loose this game Kubiak has to be out of here once the season is over and we will be the favorite to pick first. Would probably mean a new QB as well, probably Teddy Bridgewater. This game looks like the Bridgewater Bowl to me.

Thorn
12-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Jesus. Frigging fire Kubiak and let a girl scout team coach. It can't get any worse.

gwallaia
12-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Good bye Kubes.

Trap_Star
12-05-2013, 10:50 PM
Hey at least Schaub did what we expected.

mussop
12-05-2013, 10:58 PM
McClain is an idiot and so is Mcnair if he keeps Gary. Nothing else more to say.

The fact these idiots still think it takes multiple seasons to "rebuild" is mind blowing.

Yeh he keeps bringing up all the injuries too. Rediculous!!!!

MEGA SWATT
12-05-2013, 11:11 PM
Kubes plz just go away.

dalemurphy
12-05-2013, 11:51 PM
Is there a bigger Kubiak supporter on this message board than I?

Well, as much as I like the guy, here is what I think should happen:

He should be fired the day after the season ends. This is an absolutely pitiful display and now it appears he has lost the team. Not only that, but even the small improvements with game/time management I have seen from him over the past few years have evaporated... He continues to blow timeouts and mismanage the clock in the 4th quarter consistently in ways that should be embarrassing for a high school football coach. Wow! Ugly, Ugly, Ugly!!

Lucky
12-06-2013, 12:02 AM
Surreal McCoy.

dtran04
12-06-2013, 12:02 AM
He has a horrible habit of using a timeout before "big" plays late in the game. He should have been thinking ahead of what to do. You should know in advance that you are in 4 down territory and have plays ready to go.

dalemurphy
12-06-2013, 12:31 AM
He has a horrible habit of using a timeout before "big" plays late in the game. He should have been thinking ahead of what to do. You should know in advance that you are in 4 down territory and have plays ready to go.

Or, at minimum, call the timeout before allowing 30 seconds to run off the clock! Painful.

steelbtexan
12-06-2013, 01:02 AM

Well, as much as I like the guy, here is what I think should happen:

He should be fired the day after the season ends. This is an absolutely pitiful display and now it appears he has lost the team. Not only that, but even the small improvements with game/time management I have seen from him over the past few years have evaporated... He continues to blow timeouts and mismanage the clock in the 4th quarter consistently in ways that should be embarrassing for a high school football coach. Wow! Ugly, Ugly, Ugly!!

Never thought I would see the day this post would happen.

Maybe time management problems were a result of the minor stroke.

Nah, this stuff has been going on for yrs.

TejasTom
12-06-2013, 06:37 AM
I haven't watched the game yet, I was at a Christmas party last night. But it sound like in the post game that most of Andre's yards came from Schaub.

If so, I'll accept putting Schaub in to get AJ to 100 / 1500.

Runner
12-06-2013, 07:08 AM
Yeh he keeps bringing up all the injuries too. Rediculous!!!!

Injuries, a hurricane, too many road games in a row, referees, a schedule that is "too tough"...

For years, a large part of the fan base of this team has been spinning excuses into reasons why this team underperforms. This team has had one or two years when they've played to their potential. This year is so bad the cold reality is finally impossible to ignore. It is a team without leadership that doesn't know how to win big, or now even meaningless, games.

TejasTom
12-06-2013, 07:16 AM
Time to storm Reliant.
http://charlestonteaparty.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/torchespitchforks.jpg

Rey
12-06-2013, 07:20 AM
If kubiak isn't fired today or sometime before this next game I'm not watching anymore.

I'm done.

Yesterday
12-06-2013, 07:42 AM
If kubiak isn't fired today or sometime before this next game I'm not watching anymore.

I'm done.

He won't be. What good does firing Kubiak now do? I want him gone as much as anyone, but let him keep coaching to ensure we get the #1 pick.

TheIronDuke
12-06-2013, 07:55 AM
The fact that idiot Kubes left "Swag Boi Jungle Moron" or whatever Swearinger calls himself in the game after the mental breakdown he displayed only solidifies that Kubiak is a garbage, pathetic, moronic, pu$$y head coach and HAS to go. I truly am starting to dislike Kubes as a person and am almost to the point where I wish him to not have a pleasant day.

HOU-TEX
12-06-2013, 09:10 AM

I'm done.

The past several games leading up to last night I've watched for entertainment value (or lack thereof) only. For some reason or another I began getting red hot pissed in the 1st half last night. I wanted everybody whacked on the spot. All the time and effort we put into this team year round. Studying the draft and free agency. Going to training camp, hoping this will be the group that gets us to the show. Only to be kicked in the man-bag and sent home. Frustrating!!

That said, I simmered down shortly after that and remembered it wouldn't do any good whackin him right now. Plus, I don't want there to be any chance for Wade to go from interim to HC next season.

I do share your frustration to the umpteenth degree

Rey
12-06-2013, 09:22 AM

He's slow to make decisions and he doesn't have much conviction.

He's stated before how he likes to think and re-think decisions and make absolutely sure he's making the right choice.

That carries over to the field/game time management.

He's a poor decision maker on the fly. He doesn't have a sense of what's going on in the moment.

It sucks because I know someone that works on his staff, but kubiak sucks man. He has to go.

Rey
12-06-2013, 09:27 AM
The past several games leading up to last night I've watched for entertainment value (or lack thereof) only. For some reason or another I began getting red hot pissed in the 1st half last night. I wanted everybody whacked on the spot. All the time and effort we put into this team year round. Studying the draft and free agency. Going to training camp, hoping this will be the group that gets us to the show. Only to be kicked in the man-bag and sent home. Frustrating!!

That said, I simmered down shortly after that and remembered it wouldn't do any good whackin him right now. Plus, I don't want there to be any chance for Wade to go from interim to HC next season.

I do share your frustration to the umpteenth degree

I'm not even mad.

I just don't care about the games anymore. I don't care if we win or lose this year. I'm already on to next year and the next staff. I cannot waste anymore brain cells watching this group of texans.

I should've quit long ago, but I kept hoping. Silly me.

But the texans have fooled me enough.

**** this year. It's all about the future.

Vinny
12-06-2013, 09:30 AM
He's slow to make decisions and he doesn't have much conviction.

He's stated before how he likes to think and re-think decisions and make absolutely sure he's making the right choice.

That carries over to the field/game time management.

He's a poor decision maker on the fly. He doesn't have a sense of what's going on in the moment.

It sucks because I know someone that works on his staff, but kubiak sucks man. He has to go.

Texans style in bold

http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/16191_large_Slowskys_DSL.jpg

Rey
12-06-2013, 09:31 AM
He won't be. What good does firing Kubiak now do? I want him gone as much as anyone, but let him keep coaching to ensure we get the #1 pick.

I cannot stomach watching my team be embarrassed. Number one pick is nice, but I am just not mentally wired to cheer for losses.

So if kubiak were fired today and the team played better as a result I'd be happy.

Plus I don't like how kubiak calls plays differently for case than he does for Schaub. Case don't know... Blah blah blah..

Man speed the offense up and spread it out and let's see what he don't know.

I just don't want kubiak tainting this franchise anymore.

ThaJokaa
12-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Well Kubiak is having a PC today at 11, when its normally at 3, anyone know what its about?

Rey
12-06-2013, 09:40 AM
Well Kubiak is having a PC today at 11, when its normally at 3, anyone know what its about?

It's also on Friday instead of Monday.

But I really hope it's to announce his resignation. That would be so sweet.