PDA

View Full Version : pass or running team now?

legacy_gt
11-10-2013, 11:40 PM
what's our identity? Texans were always a run team first. However, Foster is gone and Tate is running on cracked ribs. Johnson had his moments but still far from really starting.

With our offensive line that doesn't look like they can really protect or block that well, do you think we should abandon the run like the last game?

should we run like before or keep slinging it?

chicagotexan2
11-10-2013, 11:44 PM
Well we have to pass more often because our running bscks are hurt and the oline is even worse at run blocking than pass blocking.

BigBull
11-10-2013, 11:45 PM
I think with the loss of Foster and with Tate having broken ribs they will become more of a pass first team out of necessity rather than design.

legacy_gt
11-10-2013, 11:51 PM
I agree that we've become a pass team now. I've seen case run a pistol with 2 guys next to him then pass on screen (either left or right whichever avail) to punish blitz's.

i'd really like the staff to develop fast 2-3 sec short slants or zig routes to destroy these blitz's. do we have another TE besides Graham?

BigBull
11-10-2013, 11:56 PM
I agree that we've become a pass team now. I've seen case run a pistol with 2 guys next to him then pass on screen (either left or right whichever avail) to punish blitz's.

i'd really like the staff to develop fast 2-3 sec short slants or zig routes to destroy these blitz's. do we have another TE besides Graham?

They have rookie Ryan Griffin, but he went down with a concussion today. So, things look a bad with Owen Daniels already out for the season.

legacy_gt
11-11-2013, 12:05 AM
They have rookie Ryan Griffin, but he went down with a concussion today. So, things look a bad with Owen Daniels already out for the season.

wow, I've seen football all my life and have never seen a team with this many injuries from their playmakers.

eriadoc
11-11-2013, 12:20 AM
They don't have an offensive line that can pass protect and they have what is effectively a rookie QB. On the other hand, they have zero real running backs right now. So I'll say neither, and their W/L record backs me up on it.

chicagotexan2
11-11-2013, 06:50 PM
They don't have an offensive line that can pass protect and they have what is effectively a rookie QB. On the other hand, they have zero real running backs right now. So I'll say neither, and their W/L record backs me up on it.

Yes so we are a Punting team now. Lord knows the only thing schittier than our sorry ass offensive line is the sorry ass kicker.

TejasTom
11-11-2013, 07:03 PM
We're a losing team now .

Scooter
11-11-2013, 07:26 PM
my biggest issue is that we have an established and successful system in place - that we've gotten rid of entirely. we're a run first team, and in order to accommodate our rookie qb's strengths, we've changed our whole philosophy mid season. it's allowed us to jump out quickly, but it's not sustainable and a huge part of our second half collapses. IMO we need to put case back under center and let him work through the transition of being the quarterback that fits what we run.

returning to our under center, multiple tightend, zone running system will allow us to better protect case. it will help open passing and running lanes. it will allow more plug and play for our reserve runningbacks with fewer direct pass pro responsibilities and open cut-back lanes. it will improve our time of possession and freshen the overused and under-rotated defense. i think putting case into kubiak's system will be extremely successful, changing kubiak's system to keenum is going to get keenum killed.

Corrosion
11-11-2013, 07:27 PM
Foster done for the season , Tate with broken ribs , a couple street FA's getting carries .... or a UDFA , practice squad , scout team QB .... tough choice.

ATXtexanfan
11-11-2013, 08:24 PM
We're a losing team now .

End thread

legacy_gt
11-11-2013, 11:19 PM
one thing I liked about the chiefs was they were running the ball even though they were behind. we really need to get back on running even if it means that we play for yardage.

there are some draw plays if done right that can burn the defenses that blitz, but you have to run it right. but it's all easier said than done when our star running back is out and tate is running injured....

Naija Texan
11-12-2013, 08:30 PM
We are a one good half type of team so what we are classified doesn't matter.

Wolf
11-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Hell I am wondering who is running the team...after this week of drama

cstyle42
11-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Hell I am wondering who is running the team...after this week of drama

Gary Kubiak from his house.

Naija Texan
11-12-2013, 09:00 PM

Pretty much, I mean did you really see much difference between the last game and the 6 that came before it?

Texan_Bill
11-12-2013, 09:05 PM

Pretty much, I mean did you really see much difference between the last game and the 6 that came before it?

What??!!? Other than the fact Andre Johnson had 5 TD's over the last two weeks??

:facepalm: cystyle and Naija Texan!

Okay!! :rolleyes:

DocBar
11-12-2013, 09:33 PM
We are a moderate to severe diarhea team. We are either running or getting run on. All told, we're an 8-8 team if we get unlucky. If we're lucky, we;re top 5.

Naija Texan
11-15-2013, 10:05 PM
What??!!? Other than the fact Andre Johnson had 5 TD's over the last two weeks??

:facepalm: cystyle and Naija Texan!

Okay!! :rolleyes:

You ever see how Kubiak calls games when he doesn't have a legit RB to fall back on?

This is some vintage Kubiak without his preferred crutches (Foster and Daniels) play calling with a slightly better QB.

infantrycak
11-15-2013, 10:41 PM
You ever see how Kubiak calls games when he doesn't have a legit RB to fall back on?

This is some vintage Kubiak without his preferred crutches (Foster and Daniels) play calling with a slightly better QB.

Yeah, Schaub and AJ led the league in passing and receiving.

DocBar
11-16-2013, 12:08 AM
I notice that AJ has 5 TD passes in the last 2 games and that Keenum will make plays down the field where Schaub wouldn't. I guess that makes us a team with s QB controversy that he HC does't want to be involved with.

Naija Texan
11-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Yeah, Schaub and AJ led the league in passing and receiving.

Exactly, Dennison probably used a game plan Kubiak had in works before his mini stroke or one he drew up from his hospital bed. When it comes to whether this team is passing or running the answer is obvious but the more pressing issue is that they only seem to have no answer to the lackluster offensive line play we are getting mainly from the RT position but with brain farts all over the line, save maybe Chris Myers.

BullNation4Life
11-16-2013, 07:19 PM
They should do exactly what Denver and NE does, set the run up with the pass from shotgun and run draw and stretch plays....

Let Keenum run the offense from shotgun where he is most comfortable and use over aggressive defenses to run draw plays and screens...

Oh wait...never mind...forgot who the head coach was...carry on the losing streak...