PDA

View Full Version : David Carr part 2

Carr Bombed
11-10-2013, 07:29 PM
For the love of god, lets not do this again..

Derek Newton doesn't need to see another snap as a starter on the field. I'm tired of seeing him play patty cake with every opposing speed rusher's ass as (insert name) runs right past him while Newton reaches for dear life. Bench his ass, the experiment is over.. he was a 6th round pick and plays like one, and that might be a insult to 6th round tackles everywhere.

Second, the reason why we've been beaten so bad in second half of games isn't because of QB play or play on the field.. that comes down to scheme and coaching.. one team is making adjustments.. the other isn't. We are getting our asses handed to use when teams make adjustments.. it's the only way you can explain those discrepancies. There's literally no other way to explain it.. yet we've had this problem since day one of Kubiak's tenure. We continue to make zero half time adjustments.

Look.. I'm just a dumbass simpleton right, how the hell can I recognize that the biggest adjustment and the biggest thing that was killing your defense (WADE) was the Cardinals' screen pass.. yet nobody on the Texans sideline could rub two brain cells together and could figure out that the Cards had no respect for our running game and had zero respect for your ability to pick up their blitz with any type of blitz beater plays.. (such as the same screens that they used to kill your defense with (Wade). I'm strongly starting to believe that the brain trust on this team might have CTE, seriously there's no other way to explain what I saw tonight.

Texecutioner
11-10-2013, 07:31 PM
Yeah, that was David Carr type of blocking for sure.

Playoffs
11-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Yeah, that was David Carr type of blocking for sure.

He sucked at blocking, no doubt.

Vinny
11-10-2013, 09:39 PM
um, no....David Carr had zero pocket presence, sense....common or otherwise when it comes to football. he's the incredible self-sacking quarterback who only looks up to Rob Johnson, or perhaps that's vice versa.

David Carr was not created out of bad blocking. That didn't help for sure...but it's borderline blasphemy to compare Case to Carr in any way - even in his blocking. Given the same blocks Carr is sacked while Keenum at least takes the 40 yard sack (yes, there was a little sarcasm there).

Playoffs
11-10-2013, 09:42 PM
um, no....David Carr had zero pocket presence, sense....common or otherwise when it comes to football. he's the incredible self-sacking quarterback who only looks up to Rob Johnson, or perhaps that's vice versa...

http://forums.scottishfootballforums.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/ROFL.gif Repped!

Dude could smack a golf ball, though.

Norg
11-10-2013, 10:33 PM
I thought this thread was about getting david cars brother in the draft LOL

Steal Your Face
11-11-2013, 12:57 AM
For the love of god, lets not do this again..

Derek Newton doesn't need to see another snap as a starter on the field. I'm tired of seeing him play patty cake with every opposing speed rusher's ass as (insert name) runs right past him while Newton reaches for dear life. Bench his ass, the experiment is over.. he was a 6th round pick and plays like one, and that might be a insult to 6th round tackles everywhere.

Second, the reason why we've been beaten so bad in second half of games isn't because of QB play or play on the field.. that comes down to scheme and coaching.. one team is making adjustments.. the other isn't. We are getting our asses handed to use when teams make adjustments.. it's the only way you can explain those discrepancies. There's literally no other way to explain it.. yet we've had this problem since day one of Kubiak's tenure. We continue to make zero half time adjustments.

Look.. I'm just a dumbass simpleton right, how the hell can I recognize that the biggest adjustment and the biggest thing that was killing your defense (WADE) was the Cardinals' screen pass.. yet nobody on the Texans sideline could rub two brain cells together and could figure out that the Cards had no respect for our running game and had zero respect for your ability to pick up their blitz with any type of blitz beater plays.. (such as the same screens that they used to kill your defense with (Wade). I'm strongly starting to believe that the brain trust on this team might have CTE, seriously there's no other way to explain what I saw tonight.

We have been blitzed and blitzed and blitzed for 12 consecutive quarters now and I don't recall even 1 screen pass to a RB or TE ....

Is there a good reason for it that I am missing? I know Foster has been hurt, but Tate, Johnson, even Jones (a fairly decent receiver) could be targeted.

powda
11-11-2013, 04:17 AM
Ive been on the wagon for a mobile qb for quite some time but now I see the error in my thinking. Schaub couldn't run and he was sacked on the spot. Case can run but he's going in the wrong direction. Instead of a 5 yard loss its a lot more.

Carr Bombed
11-11-2013, 06:09 AM
um, no....David Carr had zero pocket presence, sense....common or otherwise when it comes to football. he's the incredible self-sacking quarterback who only looks up to Rob Johnson, or perhaps that's vice versa.

David Carr was not created out of bad blocking. That didn't help for sure...but it's borderline blasphemy to compare Case to Carr in any way - even in his blocking. Given the same blocks Carr is sacked while Keenum at least takes the 40 yard sack (yes, there was a little sarcasm there).

I wasn't comparing Keenum's abilities to David Carr.. he sucked

However any young QB can develop bad habbits behind a horrid line and with play calling that can't beat a blitz.

BullNation4Life
11-11-2013, 07:43 AM
I wasn't comparing Keenum's abilities to David Carr.. he sucked

However any young QB can develop bad habbits behind a horrid line and with play calling that can't beat a blitz.

I see what you are saying...

Instead of giving a young QB a good to very good O-Line so that he can develop, Texans give Carr and now looks like Keenum, bad o-lines, thus running them into the ground with sack after sack....

It isn't the ability, it's the situation...

I put that on the coaching staff. If they are blitzing 7, when are you calling for 7 step passing plays? This is where the whole "can't audible at the line" thing comes into play.

Mr teX
11-11-2013, 08:05 AM
We have been blitzed and blitzed and blitzed for 12 consecutive quarters now and I don't recall even 1 screen pass to a RB or TE ....

Is there a good reason for it that I am missing? I know Foster has been hurt, but Tate, Johnson, even Jones (a fairly decent receiver) could be targeted.

it's a myth that we haven't been throwing or don't have blitz beater plays...we do & we have been running them. In yesterday's game, AJ & Posey both had catches off of quick hitting hitch routes / bubble screens. I can also recall that we ran a screen to the rb/te at least once yesterday...it was sniffed out & case had pressure in his face so fast he had to throw it in the dirt.

Double Barrel
11-11-2013, 10:07 AM
Do the Texans not have a max protect package? :um: I've rarely seen a team continue to fail to implement a protection package for their QB when getting blitzed every play.

And is this the only WCO in existence that cannot beat a blitz?? One of the strengths of the WCO is the ability to beat a blitz, but then again, you need a line than can protect for a couple of seconds and a QB that can read defenses (not saying Case cannot, but his inexperience is obvious in this regard).