PDA

View Full Version : Why do you think Texans get beat so bad in 2nd half??????

gafftop
11-10-2013, 06:16 PM
1. Lack depth, hence worn out in 2nd half?
2. Out of shape, soft physically and/or mentally?
3. Our coaches inability to adjust?
4. Our coaches refusal to adjust?
5. Our players are just not that good so when it really counts we get beat?
6. Our offensive philosophy to go turtle in 2nd half if we are ahead or close?
7. Other?
8. All of the above.

Maybe biggest reason if all of the above.

CretorFrigg
11-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Where is the "all of the above" option?

kingtexan
11-10-2013, 06:20 PM
8. Because they suck

2slik4u
11-10-2013, 06:35 PM
1. Lack depth, hence worn out in 2nd half?
2. Out of shape, soft physically and/or mentally?
3. Our coaches inability to adjust?
4. Our coaches refusal to adjust?
5. Our players are just not that good so when it really counts we get beat?
6. Our offensive philosophy to go turtle in 2nd half if we are ahead or close?
7. Other?

I firmly believe it's #3. No question in my mind.

gafftop
11-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Where is the "all of the above" option?

Added for you.

kiwitexansfan
11-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Commentators said that the defense can tell by half time what sets we are using that week and then knows how to solve the offense. So lack of variety in the play calling.

Mr.Scarface
11-10-2013, 06:45 PM
The lack of an healthy Arian Foster.

Thorn
11-10-2013, 06:46 PM
I blame coaching, so I'm good with either option 3 or 4 or both.

amazing80
11-10-2013, 06:57 PM
has to be coaching

hradhak
11-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Coaching. Defense just sends 7 on the blitz, we call a 7 step drop. Case gets sacked because he can't audible.

I was hoping that Dennison was being held back by Kubiak. Not really. This looks like our last season with Capers where the coaching staff is just completely baffled all the time.

legacy_gt
11-10-2013, 07:00 PM
coaching is a chess match. they'll adjust to your schemes during the half. what will you do to make another adjustment? none.

utahmark
11-10-2013, 07:03 PM
I though Kubiak would improve in that area. He has shown improvement in a lot of areas but his loyalty and inability to make in-game adjustments should get him fired at the end of the year.

Pantherstang84
11-10-2013, 07:05 PM
I'm going 3 and 4. What really chaps me is that I got Direct TV this year to get Sunday Ticket. This team has sucked the fandom out of me to. the point where I don't even want to watch any games at all. *sigh*

Wolf
11-10-2013, 07:06 PM
For a few weeks ago I thought Kubiak should script the second half too lol if not the whole game:kitten:

BullNation4Life
11-10-2013, 07:10 PM
Coaching. Defense just sends 7 on the blitz, we call a 7 step drop. Case gets sacked because he can't audible.

I was hoping that Dennison was being held back by Kubiak. Not really. This looks like our last season with Capers where the coaching staff is just completely baffled all the time.

Yeah that baffled me as well. If they are sending 7, go with the quick 3 step slants and chew up yardage until they back off....

I always thought Dennison was Kubiaks puppet...

Texecutioner
11-10-2013, 07:11 PM
The Texans have been a horrible 2nd half team since Smithiak arrived. I think it was one year actually where they were great in the 2nd half, but horrible in the first half. It was the opposite that year. Lol!

They've always been a "one half" team for like 5 years straight though. It's been very frustrating, especially to see the same types of lack of adjustments at the 2nd half. Wade saved Kubiak's job before, but the whole chemistry of the coaching staff and the team under Wade/Kubiak has failed worn off now. It's at the point where Wade's units become average and Kubiak's offenses speak for themselves over the years now. This is just another season where huge problems have reared their ugly heads that most people saw emerging way before the coaching staff did.

maddogmrb
11-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Against KC and Indy the problem was way too conservative play calling. Today it was the inability of the oline and RBs to pick up the blitz.

ATXtexanfan
11-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Man 41 yds in the second half. Terrible

Naija Texan
11-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Coaching, plain and simple.

Coaches seem poised to turtle whenever we get any kind of lead, and the play calling when the pressure lands seems to fall apart. Last two games have shown it isn't just Kubiak as Dennison showed pretty much a mirror image in failure to change things up at as the game progresses.

Coaches seem determined to limit the players rotations at positions like Linebacker despite in certain spots (Brooks Reed and Brice McCain) they could probably use a pair of fresh legs coming in on certain downs.

Coach Joe Marciano is employed by this team.

Coaches chose the talent they put on the field and the plays. Some of it is on the players but lets be honest we had talent to win this game, they just weren't always put in the positions to succeed.

Premier
11-10-2013, 07:21 PM
one teams coaching staff playing chess, the other teams staff playing checkers.. guess whos been playing checkers.. king me..

maddogmrb
11-10-2013, 07:22 PM
Bottom line is that we have too many inexperienced and under talented players on the field at any given time and combine that with some questionable coaching and we get 2-7.

Texecutioner
11-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Against KC and Indy the problem was way too conservative play calling. Today it was the inability of the oline and RBs to pick up the blitz.

Don't forget the fact that it was also the missing kicks by the kicker which was a glaring problem that the coaching staff ignored all season long.

Surreal McCoy
11-10-2013, 07:24 PM
8. All of the above.

And that's no piss take

thunderkyss
11-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Man 41 yds in the second half. Terrible

This should not be a surprise. It's been this way at least since Seattle at home.

Vance87
11-10-2013, 07:28 PM
This should not be a surprise. It's been this way at least since Seattle at home.

We have been a 1st half team since like 2007.

hradhak
11-10-2013, 07:32 PM
I would be very disapointed if this staff is brought back. I don't see anything salvageable. They can't adjust, they keep trotting out underperforming players, and they are undercoaching the talent they have.

maddogmrb
11-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Don't forget the fact that it was also the missing kicks by the kicker which was a glaring problem that the coaching staff ignored all season long.

Good point.

Hervoyel
11-10-2013, 07:41 PM
I really believe that just saying "Too conservative play calling" is just an inadequate explanation for what we see year in and year out. It's more than that. It's our system which I think only works when it's being run perfectly. We've been close to that maybe 1-2 years. The rest of the time there's always been a problem. Early on we had no running game. No franchise back to turn to and a bunch of journeymen taking turns trying to provide a credible threat on the ground to make the system viable.

Later we found our back and our OL finally came together. Voila! Instantly we vaulted up the offense stats and started surprising people.

Then we started losing pieces of the OL and the system stopped running like a well oiled machine. We started shooting ourselves in the foot too much and killing our own drives. Defenses discovered that we couldn't protect Schaub and that he he couldn't do anything about it himself either. Passing game gets "smaller" to counter that and pretty soon we're a predictable small-ball team that chews clock but can't be counted on to score very often.

Our system is a problem. Unfortunately it's the HC's "baby" and it will be here as long as he is. This isn't a case where our HC can look objectively at things and say "You know what? Our offense isn't getting it done. Lets bring someone in to install a better, more flexible system". That will never happen because Kubiak IS the offense and he will never be the HC for a team that he doesn't run HIS offense on.

Seegara
11-10-2013, 07:57 PM
The lack of an healthy Arian Foster.
This is the cleverest spoof yet of the error of putting "an" before a pronounced h. Congratulations!

Maybe not all the above, but possibly more than one of the above for item 8.

But if only one choice is allowed, item 3.

EVOLVIST
11-10-2013, 10:33 PM
The Texans have been a horrible 2nd half team since Smithiak arrived. I think it was one year actually where they were great in the 2nd half, but horrible in the first half. It was the opposite that year. Lol!

To correlate that with what we've seen from Keenum in 3 NFL starts, combined:

1st quarter 147.9 QBR
2nd quarter 105. QBR
3rd quarter 94 QBR
4th quarter 74.1 QBR

Now, some of this is inexperience. Some of this is Case having a difficult time tempering his own expectations of himself and his teammates. Some of it is just plain screwing up.

However, Case can only use what he has to work with, and for some alien reason we've seen lack of adjustment and poor play calling from the coaching staff in the 2nd half...for years! Does anyone believe that Case is just magically folding up on his own? No...It all comes from not putting your QB in the best position to use his talents...and a poor Oline that can only function in the best of circumstances.

It's sad. Yeah, if I was the DC of the opposing team I would blitz the piss out of Case on every down, and make the Texas prove to me that they have quick slants, screens and a running game without Foster.

TexanBacker93
11-10-2013, 10:47 PM
coaching is a chess match. they'll adjust to your schemes during the half. what will you do to make another adjustment? none.

The problem is...

our coaches are playing checkers.

BigBull
11-10-2013, 11:07 PM
I'm good with 3 or 4. This coaching staff has 1 brain they all share and the only problem with that they never know who has it.