PDA

View Full Version : Who's watching the game today?

Hottoddie
11-10-2013, 11:49 AM
I'll be watching it, but won't be glued to the TV as I have been lately.

With our season pretty much decided at this point, I was just wondering if anyone else felt like I do. While we do still have a chance at the playoffs, we'll have to win all 8 remaining games & get a lot of help along the way just to squeak into the wild card game.

Realistically, with Foster out for the season & our defense in shambles, it's time to play as many of the young guys as possible to see what they bring for the future. Can any of the guys on IR be brought up?

I have NOT given up on the Texans, just this season.

Jackie Chiles
11-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Keenum is worth the price of admission alone. Very interested to watch him for the rest of the season and see if he is the long term QB of this team. So far he has blown away my expectations.

EllisUnit
11-10-2013, 11:54 AM

With our season pretty much decided at this point, I was just wondering if anyone else felt like I do. While we do still have a chance at the playoffs, we'll have to win all 8 remaining games & get a lot of help along the way just to squeak into the wild card game.

Realistically, with Foster out for the season & our defense in shambles, it's time to play as many of the young guys as possible to see what they bring for the future. Can any of the guys on IR be brought up?

i am holding onto hope that we win out, and even if we dont i am holding onto hope that Keenum gets better, AJ gets a 10+ TD season, Watt gets double didgit sacks. Even if we were 0-8 i would still be glued to my TV.

God knows why i would put myself through such misery but it is what it is.

Nawzer
11-10-2013, 11:56 AM
I probably won't be watching today. I didn't watch the whole game last week. Honestly, I've lost interest and even though Keenum is intriguing it's not fun watching the Texans.

Hottoddie
11-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Keenum is worth the price of admission alone. Very interested to watch him for the rest of the season and see if he is the long term QB of this team. So far he has blown away my expectations.

I agree, but I would lie to see more of the other young players.

The one I feel the most sympathy for is AJ. He's one of the greatest WR's in history, but will have to wait one more year for a shot at the SB.

Hottoddie
11-10-2013, 12:02 PM
i am holding onto hope that we win out, and even if we dont i am holding onto hope that Keenum gets better, AJ gets a 10+ TD season, Watt gets double didgit sacks. Even if we were 0-8 i would still be glued to my TV.

God knows why i would put myself through such misery but it is what it is.

I've been there. I remember watching every game during the Oiler's two consecutive 1-13 seasons. I'd literally be depressed for two days after the game, but start pumping myself up for the next game on Wednesday. :D

JCTexan
11-10-2013, 12:04 PM
Win or lose, I'm a Texans fan and have been since their inception. I watched every game that was on television during their 2-14 season. I'm also intrigued to see how Keenum does the rest of the year.

False Start
11-10-2013, 12:08 PM
I have only missed 1 game in the history of the Texans. I'll watch, no matter what.

ATXtexanfan
11-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Well they only play 16 times a year

DocBar
11-10-2013, 12:22 PM
I'll be watching and glued to the TV. I haven't missed a single Texans game, even if I had to sit in my truck and listen to it on Sirius or sit on the internet and listen or watch.

GuerillaBlack
11-10-2013, 12:40 PM
I stopped watching full games during the 2010 season. Then the off-season came and I was upset I didn't watch the full games or not miss any of them. They only play 16 times. Plus, I'm excited to watch Keenum play.

chicagotexan2
11-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Well they only play 16 times a year

That's right despite being a total train wreck ill still watch. I love this team and watch until the last play of this miserable season.

Giant Tiger
11-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Win or lose, I'm a Texans fan and have been since their inception. I watched every game that was on television during their 2-14 season. I'm also intrigued to see how Keenum does the rest of the year.

I can't catch the game up here, unfortunately. Hopefully there'll be a few Case highlights tonight.

Austrian
11-10-2013, 01:12 PM
What kind of question is this? Of course I'm watching. Football season is way short and it's not as if I haven't seen this team suck before. Plus watching Keenum sling it is worth it alone.

steelbtexan
11-10-2013, 01:13 PM
I've been there. I remember watching every game during the Oiler's two consecutive 1-13 seasons. I'd literally be depressed for two days after the game, but start pumping myself up for the next game on Wednesday. :D

Been there, I was a very young boy.

steelbtexan
11-10-2013, 01:18 PM

The one I feel the most sympathy for is AJ. He's one of the greatest WR's in history, but will have to wait one more year for a shot at the SB.

I would like to see the young players also.

AJ wont be winning a SB until after Rick/Gary are gone. Which kinda makes me sad.

TheMatrix31
11-10-2013, 01:21 PM
Why wouldn't I be? I'm a Houston Texans fan.

Rey
11-10-2013, 01:24 PM
I never really thought about not watching.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
11-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Never miss a game

Playoffs
11-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Today for me is about Rick Dennison. He's had Head Coach interviews. Personally I don't think he has the chops to change an offense on the fly to adjust to a totally different skill set, and I'm not sold on him as a playcaller or a QB developer. But you don't get those HC interviews for sucking, so I'm interested to see what & how adjustments are made.

badboy
11-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Astros and Rockets drove me away and Texans have pushed me but no I will be watching. Good friends and food help. We even yell "another Houston Texans first down!" There used to be a Reliant energy commercial about a Rocket fan getting all worked up during a TV game and turning off TV then turning back on. That's me with Texans. I know I got clobbered in a previous thread saying it wasn't all about Ws for me. I want to watch good play and a win is gravy for the chicken. Keenum is bringing the excitement I hoped he would since he was signed.

I will watch Texans today to see how the guys do. Newton looked a bit better and D Brown seems to be healthier. I want to see Swearinger begin to earn the second round pick we used on him. Hopefully, Hopkins is out of doghouse after dropping that pass and will get some targets from Keenum. I think AJ would love a trophy but he is a gamer who just loves to play football and Case is bring the kid out in him again. I want to see that grin on Watt's face as he stood on sideline as Keenum threw for TD after faking a spike.
He seemed to be thinking what I was yelling "Holy crap! Did you see that? I can't believe it!"

Hottoddie
11-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Well, the Colts are getting hammered today. That at least is a start towards having a chance at the playoffs. Still, we have to win out.

DocBar
11-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Well, the Colts are getting hammered today. That at least is a start towards having a chance at the playoffs. Still, we have to win out.The tAcks are 9 points down to the Jag's with 5:58 left to play, also. We need both to lose and the Texans to win, dang near every week from here on out.

Showtime100
11-10-2013, 02:45 PM
A poll......on TexansTalk.........to see if we'll be watching.............silly.

76Texan
11-10-2013, 02:48 PM

Why do you have to lie? :bat:

Meself, I won't lie.
I like to see (I hope to see) Keenum throw a TD to AJ per game.
I'll take any extra one, too. :doot:

Hottoddie
11-10-2013, 02:52 PM
Why do you have to lie? :bat:

Meself, I won't lie.
I like to see (I hope to see) Keenum throw a TD to AJ per game.
I'll take any extra one, too. :doot:

Oops! I believe they call that a fat finger mistake. :D

Thorn
11-10-2013, 02:53 PM
I'll be watching. Keenum gives me a reason to smile in a season full of $hit.

76Texan
11-10-2013, 02:56 PM
I'll be watching. Keenum gives me a reason to smile in a season full of $hit.

I hope he doesn't stink up the joint.

You need a break after all these years, LOL

HTown2ATX
11-10-2013, 05:59 PM
I have kept half an eye on the game but made a big dinner so I have leftovers for the week and did some other stuff to get ready for the work week.

Will always be a die hard but some of the enthusiasm is gone this season but I want to see Case play.

2slik4u
11-10-2013, 06:31 PM

This may classify as being a fair weather fan.

My answer is the same wether were 2-6 or 6-2. I block out three hours for every Sunday to watch my texans play.

2slik4u
11-10-2013, 06:33 PM
A poll......on TexansTalk.........to see if we'll be watching.............silly.

Agreed. Not sure why this is even a real thing.

Playoffs
11-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Today for me is about Rick Dennison. He's had Head Coach interviews. Personally I don't think he has the chops to change an offense on the fly to adjust to a totally different skill set, and I'm not sold on him as a playcaller or a QB developer. But you don't get those HC interviews for sucking, so I'm interested to see what & how adjustments are made.

:faildetector:

Eventually, they’re going to figure out what you’re doing if you’re doing the same old things.”-- Ed Reed

Hottoddie
11-11-2013, 10:10 AM
This may classify as being a fair weather fan.

So, true fans can't get frustrated & lose hope in the current season without being labeled as a fair weather fan? :foottap:

Thorn
11-11-2013, 10:41 AM
So, true fans can't get frustrated & lose hope in the current season without being labeled as a fair weather fan? :foottap:

We're talking individual definitions of what the words "true fans" mean. Don't make me bring Bill Clinton in here and lecture you on what the meaning of the word definition is.

Sigma
11-11-2013, 11:43 AM
I just finished watching the game

meh

UKTexan
11-11-2013, 02:10 PM
I've only been a Texans fan since I moved to Houston in 2011, I'm probably unique on here in that I've only ever seen winning seasons until now.

However I have been a sports fan all my life and I have always believed you should follow your team through thick and thin, so yes I was watching and will always watch the Texans whether winning or losing, to me that's what being a supporter is about.

2slik4u
11-11-2013, 02:39 PM

That's not what Im saying broseph. (Trying to keep this as light hearted as possible when calling into question one's fanhood). Im saying when you quit watching/following a team because they suck, then that is 100% a fair weather fan. That means you only watch/follow when they are doing good.

Im frustrated. Ive lost hope. I have come to terms that we suck...again, but at the end of the day they are my team. They only play 16 games every year so I will enjoy every minute of it that I can. Instead of going into these games expecting a win and being disappointed, I go into these games expecting a loss and possibly get surprised.

The way I follow/watch is different now than it was last season at this point but the fact that I still watch stays the same. That will never change no matter how ****ty they get. I grew up a Houston Oiler so disappointment is engrained in my DNA.

Double Barrel
11-11-2013, 02:53 PM
This is my attitude:

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/38486620.jpg

But I always watch, even if I have better things to do. Must be the glutton for punishment, especially this season.