PDA

View Full Version : We Can Still Succeed This Season....

YeaLikeRightNow
11-05-2013, 01:22 PM
....by playing the Spoiler!

I was thinking in a devious frame-of-mind, ways in which I can still find some form of satisfaction during the upcoming NFL holiday season. Since our team is pretty much out of any hopes for a post-season showing, and knowing that the games during Thanksgiving and Christmas are fairly meaningless; we still have something we can cheer about. Although I have lots of admiration for the Colts tenacity and "luck", and I absolutely despise the Tacks, just because they deserve despicability....we can play the Spoiler.

Depending on how the rest of our divisional two-team race develops (Tennessee and Indianapolis), we could really put the hurt on their hopes just by making a win over us very difficult. Put the scare in them, hell...just beat 'em...in their own "house"!

We have another game with the Titans and Colts away, one game with Denver and another with New England here at home. We can have fun with this.

This should teach 'em since they'll be playing us lightly - with all the devastation we have experienced this season!

TexansBull
11-05-2013, 01:37 PM
This is kinda like being awarded miss congeniality.

I get what your saying but being a spoiler doesn't get us into the playoffs, higher draft pick, or much else.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Norg
11-05-2013, 02:17 PM
every team we face we can spoil

Dash any hope of the cards or raiders going to the playoffs

maybe knock the Pats and Denver out of the #1 seed spot

I think tho who would u rather see in the playoffs Indy or the tacks LOL

Keep the jags Winless LOL

Runner
11-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Not losing to the Jags would be a good thing. Probably within reach too.

HOU-TEX
11-05-2013, 02:35 PM
I would've never thought our run would only last 2 seasons. We're back to playing for the P word. No, not that one...Pride

JCTexan
11-05-2013, 02:37 PM
every team we face we can spoil

Dash any hope of the cards or raiders going to the playoffs

maybe knock the Pats and Denver out of the #1 seed spot

I think tho who would u rather see in the playoffs Indy or the tacks LOL

Keep the jags Winless LOL

That's easy. I would rather see the Colts make the playoffs.

TheIronDuke
11-05-2013, 02:45 PM
If the definition of success is sucking so bad that the only consolation is maybe lowering other teams' playoff seeding then I want no part in that. This would be a much more successful season if we lose every single game left in the schedule, fire everyone in the FO and all the coaches, and assemble a FO from whoever we can get from the FO's of the Packers, 49ers, and Ravens and get a good coach and coaching staff.

I wish I could've been born in Boston. At least I'd have some reason to root for actual successful teams.

Carr Bombed
11-05-2013, 02:54 PM
In my eyes the season has already been a succes, because... We may have found our future starting QB. Schaub wasn't really a future option and he had too many limitations that would've prevented him from ever taking this team where we want them to go. We needed to take a step back to move foward.. This season is strictly about the development of Keenum.

Bulls on Parade
11-05-2013, 02:56 PM
I would've never thought our run would only last 2 seasons. We're back to playing for the P word. No, not that one...Pride
The Texans will probably go 13-3 in 2014 and be back on top. But in the mean time this is great opportunity for Case Keenum to play the final ten games of the season. He's been very impressive in his first two. The Texans will probably win their next three games against the Cardinals, Raiders and Jaguars.

Dare I even say it? At 5-6, they could be back in the race for the final wild-card spot. It sucks we lost the games against the Colts, Chiefs and Seahawks - all were very winnable against three good teams. But all we can do is move forward.

JCTexan
11-05-2013, 03:35 PM
In my eyes the season has already been a succes, because... We may have found our future starting QB. Schaub wasn't really a future option and he had too many limitations that would've prevented him from ever taking this team where we want them to go. We needed to take a step back to move foward.. This season is strictly about the development of Keenum.

This. If Keenum proves to be the future QB of this team, I will look at this season being a small success.

Hervoyel
11-05-2013, 11:19 PM
Well, one thing we've "succeeded" in doing is getting back to this kind of thing

Texans Players Wish They Were Good Enough to Rally For Gary Kubiak (http://www.theonion.com/articles/texans-players-wish-they-were-good-enough-to-rally,34459/)

..... and we're right back to being the joke of the week. Nice. The Colts HC has life threatening condition and they become a united, sharp-edged weapon of football destruction. Our HC who is supposedly universally loved collapses at the half and the Texans can't even hold on to an 18 point lead over a team they've owned all night to try and win one for their coach.

Fred
11-05-2013, 11:46 PM

Good lord man. Move to Jacksonville already.

Texecutioner
11-06-2013, 12:15 AM

I would totally agree if Kubiak wasn't still here, but as long as he us here we are going to be a problem or two away from making that next step. There is always some new problem that arises right when the last train wreck is healed from. This season has just confirmed more then any other season that Gary will hurt the team before he will get rid of a player or a coach that is a significant problem towards this team winning. Marciano and Bullock now are just the latest.

steelbtexan
11-06-2013, 12:20 AM
Yes, if they find out that Keenum is or isn't the QB of the future and they stay healthy for the rest of the yr.

thetexanator
11-06-2013, 01:04 AM
spoiler really. jose lima pleace. idgaf about playing spoiler. hope case gets a chance to sling it the rest of the season. hope we lose all of the rest of the games by 1 point. hope tate gets his trade value up.

hope this shiwtreck of a season gets us clowney in the draft.

hope we come back strong in 2014.

Norg
11-06-2013, 01:32 AM
I don't think this is a type of team that gives up wade all ready said we signed up for 16 games so we going to play 16 games

besides Football is highly competive game I hate losing and wanna WIN all the time

YeaLikeRightNow
11-06-2013, 06:49 AM
I don't think this is a type of team that gives up wade all ready said we signed up for 16 games so we going to play 16 games

besides Football is highly competive game I hate losing and wanna WIN all the time

Absolutely Norg!

Playing the Spoiler means: Winning the rest of our games....:evil:

Tailgate
11-06-2013, 06:52 AM
All I give a ****** about is finding out if Case is the real deal or not.

Sigma
11-06-2013, 07:28 AM
All I give a ****** about is finding out if Case is the real deal or not.

I'll expand that thought to the whole roster

Runner
11-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Well, one thing we've "succeeded" in doing is getting back to this kind of thing

Texans Players Wish They Were Good Enough to Rally For Gary Kubiak (http://www.theonion.com/articles/texans-players-wish-they-were-good-enough-to-rally,34459/)

..... and we're right back to being the joke of the week. Nice. The Colts HC has life threatening condition and they become a united, sharp-edged weapon of football destruction. Our HC who is supposedly universally loved collapses at the half and the Texans can't even hold on to an 18 point lead over a team they've owned all night to try and win one for their coach.

We never get any respect from the national press.

Yes - I know The Onion is satire. Sometimes painful satire. But funny.

TheIronDuke
11-06-2013, 08:56 AM
spoiler really. jose lima pleace. idgaf about playing spoiler. hope case gets a chance to sling it the rest of the season. hope we lose all of the rest of the games by 1 point. hope tate gets his trade value up.

hope this shiwtreck of a season gets us clowney in the draft.

hope we come back strong in 2014.

Just one point I wanted to make- Tate can do whatever but we can't trade him or get anything for him since he's going to be a UFA after this season. Agree with the rest though, maybe not on the Clowney part but the rest is good.

YeaLikeRightNow
11-06-2013, 09:32 AM

Well, we have yet to give Kubes the opportunity to make his heartfelt speech to his team such as Pagano did; but yeah...

GaryStrong here we come!

cbs1507
11-06-2013, 10:41 AM

Which one...picks?

ObsiWan
11-06-2013, 10:49 AM
This just in!!!

Actual photos taken by International Space Station astronauts
of Texans' fans hopes for playoffs
crashing back to Earth!!

http://i.space.com/images/i/000/034/138/i02/atv4-space-station-cargo-ship-reentry-photos-9.jpg?1383688354

Succeed my A....

ObsiWan
11-06-2013, 10:52 AM

damn....
that there is a surgical strike by the Onion.

Uncle Rico
11-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Any more victories are counter productive. We must get a top 5 pick, and then become hyper aggressive on draft day by acquiring an extra first.

GNTLEWOLF
11-06-2013, 11:15 AM

I was thinking in a devious frame-of-mind, ways in which I can still find some form of satisfaction during the upcoming NFL holiday season. Since our team is pretty much out of any hopes for a post-season showing, and knowing that the games during Thanksgiving and Christmas are fairly meaningless; we still have something we can cheer about. Although I have lots of admiration for the Colts tenacity and "luck", and I absolutely despise the Tacks, just because they deserve despicability....we can play the Spoiler.

Depending on how the rest of our divisional two-team race develops (Tennessee and Indianapolis), we could really put the hurt on their hopes just by making a win over us very difficult. Put the scare in them, hell...just beat 'em...in their own "house"!

We have another game with the Titans and Colts away, one game with Denver and another with New England here at home. We can have fun with this.

This should teach 'em since they'll be playing us lightly - with all the devastation we have experienced this season!

I'm positive that I don't agree with that definition of success....

Runner
11-06-2013, 11:26 AM

We are only eight games in. Think of how many more times the fans will be able to say:

And that's another Texans... First. DOWN!

Hervoyel
11-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Any more victories are counter productive. We must get a top 5 pick, and then become hyper aggressive on draft day by acquiring an extra first.

That's some high-quality BS right there Rico. You're clearly the Pro you claim to be! Huzzah!

YeaLikeRightNow
11-06-2013, 11:47 AM

It's two-fold...we win our remaining games and ruin others' chances of: Home field advantage, wild card spots, maybe division titles and so on. Indy put it on us last year when all we needed was one game to get the bye.

Winning our remaining games while playing the spoiler is not "success"?

:texflag:

Uncle Rico
11-06-2013, 11:48 AM
That's some high-quality BS right there Rico. You're clearly the Pro you claim to be! Huzzah!

Thank you? Lol :shrug:

On the brighter side ill probably say some BS about Keenum soon that will really create some new friendships, so stay tuned!

76Texan
11-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Thank you? Lol :shrug:

On the brighter side ill probably say some BS about Keenum soon that will really create some new friendships, so stay tuned!

You weren't that hard on Keenum; but it doesn't matter one way or another.

People has the right to be doubtful about players; it only serves as humors for me though.

Runner
11-06-2013, 12:03 PM

I never bought into the pre-season hype, but I will admit "Super Bowl or Bust" had a nicer ring to it than "Keep the Titans out of the Playoffs".

That might just be me though.

Uncle Rico
11-06-2013, 12:15 PM
You weren't that hard on Keenum; but it doesn't matter one way or another.

People has the right to be doubtful about players; it only serves as humors for me though.

Some people on this site swear I'm biggest Keenum hater in the world, it amuses me too so much that I had to check my post history to make sure Alzheimers hadn't crept in Lol.

76Texan
11-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Some people on this site swear I'm biggest Keenum hater in the world, it amuses me too so much that I had to check my post history to make sure Alzheimers hadn't crept in Lol.

It's easy to mistake one poster from the next.
It's also a good idea to make sure Alzheimer doesn't set in; heck, I have to double check myself at times, LOL.

Blake
11-06-2013, 12:48 PM
We Can Still Succeed This Season....

Mathematically, yes, but you have nothing to base that on.

Our HC is done for the season.
Our pro-bowl QB cracked.
Our backup QB cant play 60 minutes of football.
Our QB on defense is on IR.
Our 2nd year kicker cant find his accuracy through 8 games.
Our pro bowl punter punts 19 yards in crucial Colts game.
Our pro bowl RB is giving us 2 plays and then an early exit.
Our special teams coverage is not so special.
Our punt/kick returner is no threat to return it. In fact hes more inclined to turn the ball over.

Where is all this positive energy coming from?

Hervoyel
11-06-2013, 01:08 PM
mathematically, yes, but you have nothing to base that on.

Our hc is done for the season.
Our pro-bowl qb cracked.
Our backup qb cant play 60 minutes of football.
Our qb on defense is on ir.
Our 2nd year kicker cant find his accuracy through 8 games.
Our pro bowl punter punts 19 yards in crucial colts game.
Our pro bowl rb is giving us 2 plays and then an early exit.
Our special teams coverage is not so special.
Our punt/kick returner is no threat to return it. In fact hes more inclined to turn the ball over.

Where is all this positive energy coming from?

k e e n u m !

Tailgate
11-06-2013, 01:37 PM
It will be a HUGE success of a season imo if we have found our QB of the future in Keenum. However, I am keeping my expectations low for a while as this is the NFL we are talking about here.

Just going to enjoy watching him and see how he handles future defenses and the adjustments they start making, etc. But boy, what a load off if the dude turns out to be pretty special.

YeaLikeRightNow
11-06-2013, 02:05 PM
k e e n u m !

If we could somehow save our best and most productive plays for the second half, perhaps throw some screens and trick plays, plays they've never seen (this goes for us too!) during the second half, maybe our success ratio would improve.

Now is the time to throw (no pun intended) it all out there...we have nothing to lose.

Corrosion
11-06-2013, 06:02 PM
k e e n u m !

Yeah , he's been the lone bright spot .... Im really torn on taking a QB early or not in the coming draft.

Damnit , it sucks tinbred balls to be talking about the draft five games into the season again.

Thorn
11-06-2013, 06:07 PM
meh....we're Houston NFL fans. We should be used to disaster.

NOT

But like all masochistic NFL fans in Houston, I'll keep watching and take my medicine.

MEGA SWATT
11-06-2013, 11:09 PM
I'm watching for these reasons in order of importance:

1. To see Case Keenum play/progress - his vertical game to AJ!!!!!:evil:
2. To see how the team responds to injured players, Kube's health condition, and having a new (interim) coach in Wade.
3. To see JJ Watt and the rest of the D play
4. To play spoiler
5. To have a chance of shocking the world by "winning-out" and making the playoffs.....:chef::truck::smiliepalm:
6. Cheerleaders
7. To enjoy seeing Matt Schaub on the sidelines where he belongs
8. To see if Arian Foster is going to Man up and play
9. To see if Bullock still looks hungry and lost after he misses a field goal.
10. To watch all the anti-Keenum posters down play his success

Fred
11-07-2013, 12:12 AM
It's two-fold...we win our remaining games and ruin others' chances of: Home field advantage, wild card spots, maybe division titles and so on. Indy put it on us last year when all we needed was one game to get the bye.

:texflag:

Absolutely not. In fact, if we beat everyone we don't spoil anything. If we beat NE, Denver, and Indy then all the home field advantage etc remains the same, just one game lower. And Oakland and Jacksonville aren't playoff contenders anyway. The only way we can spoil their season is to lose to them and steal their draft position.

Norg
11-07-2013, 02:22 AM
its not over if we can some how go 10-6 then we mighhhtttt and I say mighhhttt get the last WC spot cuz one WC u will need like 13 wins like Denver or KC which is likey and the last won might be a 10-6 WC team

Vance87
11-07-2013, 02:45 AM
I'm watching for these reasons in order of importance:

1. To see Case Keenum play/progress - his vertical game to AJ!!!!!:evil:
2. To see how the team responds to injured players, Kube's health condition, and having a new (interim) coach in Wade.
3. To see JJ Watt and the rest of the D play
4. To play spoiler
5. To have a chance of shocking the world by "winning-out" and making the playoffs.....:chef::truck::smiliepalm:
6. Cheerleaders
7. To enjoy seeing Matt Schaub on the sidelines where he belongs
8. To see if Arian Foster is going to Man up and play
9. To see if Bullock still looks hungry and lost after he misses a field goal.
10. To watch all the anti-Keenum posters down play his success

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt247/graphene_gfx/Ryan%20Reynolds%20GIFS/SNICKER.gif

Play4theSlushie
11-07-2013, 09:45 AM
We never get any respect from the national press.

Yes - I know The Onion is satire. Sometimes painful satire. But funny.
Even in our best years, we were still hated. The only positive news were getting is over Kubiak and Keenum