FULL PARTICIPATION

RG Brandon Brooks Toe
LT Duane Brown Toe
WR Keshawn Martin Shoulder
CB Brice McCain Knee
NT Earl Mitchell add Knee
RT Derek Newton Knee/add Elbow
S Eddie Pleasant Toe
WR DeVier Posey Calf/ subtract Achilles (still related)
QB Matt Schaub Ankle/ subtract foot....right......sorta like out of sight out of mind

AJ no shin
Jones no ankle
Meyers no biceps

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
CB Josh Gordy Groin
S Delano Howell Neck
CB Greg Toler Groin

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
LB Cam Johnson Knee

FULL PARTICIPATION
C Samson Satele Knee
LB Bjoern Werner Foot

Dishman
10-30-2013, 05:58 PM
Doc, any other details on Posey? I understand the basic relationship of his calf/Achilles injury, but how does that typically present itself? Does Posey feel soreness, instability, both, something else?

I'm guessing it impacts to a degree his route running. Is that correct?

CloakNNNdagger
10-30-2013, 07:54 PM
Doc, any other details on Posey? I understand the basic relationship of his calf/Achilles injury, but how does that typically present itself? Does Posey feel soreness, instability, both, something else?

I'm guessing it impacts to a degree his route running. Is that correct?

A sudden strain can cause trauma to the calf muscles or the Achilles tendon. This injury can happen during a strong contraction of the muscle, as when running or sprinting. Landing on the ground after a jump can force the foot upward, also causing injury. The strain can affect different portions of the muscles or tendon. For instance, the strain may occur in the center of the muscle. Or it may happen where the muscles join the Achilles tendon. These are continually re-aggravated by overuse. This can very well be a result of incompletely rehabbed Achilles surgery prior to fully stressing the area of repair. The soreness/pain and desire to shift weight and compensate can certainly affect explosiveness and change of direction, as well as ability to consistently go for the jump ball. Keep in mind that Achilles discomfort can manifest in the calf, as the calf can be secondarily placed into reflex spasm. We'll need to watch him over the next games. So far, Posey has appeared very sparingly, and I have no doubt that the calf/Achilles status plays a roll in this decision. To date, he has appeared in 7 games, having only 1 reception per game in 6 games.

Brisco_County
10-30-2013, 08:22 PM
Too bad. When Posey does get involved, he's effective.

Is this a new injury for Sharpton? If so, he didn't even go half a game.

drs23
10-30-2013, 08:24 PM
A sudden strain can cause trauma to the calf muscles or the Achilles tendon. This injury can happen during a strong contraction of the muscle, as when running or sprinting. Landing on the ground after a jump can force the foot upward, also causing injury. The strain can affect different portions of the muscles or tendon. For instance, the strain may occur in the center of the muscle. Or it may happen where the muscles join the Achilles tendon. These are continually re-aggravated by overuse. This can very well be a result of incompletely rehabbed Achilles surgery prior to fully stressing the area of repair. The soreness/pain and desire to shift weight and compensate can certainly affect explosiveness and change of direction, as well as ability to consistently go for the jump ball. Keep in mind that Achilles discomfort can manifest in the calf, as the calf can be secondarily placed into reflex spasm. We'll need to watch him over the next games. So far, Posey has appeared very sparingly, and I have no doubt that the calf/Achilles status plays a roll in this decision. To date, he has appeared in 7 games, having only 1 reception per game in 6 games.

Look who was chuckin' the ball. # 7 looks at more than #80, #81 & #23 and on rare occasion #88. Certainly not disagreeing with your surgical expertise but we now have a QB that will scan the whole field. Someone said "every blade of grass." My money says if #8 was under center that #11 would have not had that 42 yard reception on his resume.

I can't wait for prime time Sunday Night Football and watching the ball being slung ALL OVER THE YARD!

GO TEXANS!

CloakNNNdagger
10-30-2013, 09:22 PM
Too bad. When Posey does get involved, he's effective.

Is this a new injury for Sharpton? If so, he didn't even go half a game.

The toe is a new injury (that's why I said "add.") There have been so many toe injuries on this club in this short season, I'm beginning to suspect that this could be a foot wear problem.

CloakNNNdagger
10-30-2013, 09:25 PM
Look who was chuckin' the ball. # 7 looks at more than #80, #81 & #23 and on rare occasion #88. Certainly not disagreeing with your surgical expertise but we now have a QB that will scan the whole field. Someone said "every blade of grass." My money says if #8 was under center that #11 would have not had that 42 yard reception on his resume.

I can't wait for prime time Sunday Night Football and watching the ball being slung ALL OVER THE YARD!

GO TEXANS!

I tend to agree with you as far as not being much of a target with Schaub. Hopefully, he will be a recipient of our new QB. I still remain guarded with him dealing with calf problems this close to his Achilles rehab. We'll both just have to watch and see.

CloakNNNdagger
10-31-2013, 03:41 PM
They're hoping that the Colts are reading these pieces from HT.com.

Despite their injuries, Arian Foster and Ben Tate both practiced on Thursday inside the Houston Methodist Training Center. Foster returned to practice on Thursday after being limited on Wednesday with a hamstring injury.

“I would say where we’re at in the week, I felt good about what he did today," head coach Gary Kubiak said. "We’ve got to see where we’re at tomorrow. We had him set up to take so many reps. He took all of them. He went through the whole practice. We’ll see how he comes out tomorrow. We’ve got a little extra time on our hands because we do play Sunday night. At least we’ve taken some positive steps here with both of those (running backs) in the last two days."

Tate practiced for the second-straight day with four broken ribs. He was limited due to lingering soreness.

"He felt pretty good," Kubiak said. "We kind of did a trail run and some stuff to try to help him out. Today, he was a little sore this morning, but he got out and moved around with the guys and took enough of practice that he didn’t have to sit. I would say it was positive.”

I guarantee that Tate will not have taken a hit during practices this week going into the Sunday night game.

If the Texans aren't smart with Foster especially, he's going to going down for a long time. The hamstring he's torn this time is the same hamstring that he's torn multiple times in the past and on the same side that he tore his calf muscle.

welsh texan
10-31-2013, 03:59 PM
Doc, week after week I get the impression the texans' injury list is longer than the opponents, is this some weird injury reporting game they like to play or are we outright more unlucky?

As for Foster, they always rush him back, he always reinjures, it's like a never ending cycle.

Kubes don't trust Ben Tate to carry the load, he's a number one back on many other teams and kubes just don't like him cos of the odd fumble here and there. I just can't understand it. I actually have myself wondering if Tate is a better back when the line isn't clicking, foster seems to stutter with poor line play, Tate seems to make something happen anyway, of course we've seen foster knock it out the park behind quality line play.

That said, I don't think foster has been fully healthy in a season and a half now so it's unfair to judge him.

Sigma
10-31-2013, 04:18 PM
what about reed? is he ok now?

CloakNNNdagger
10-31-2013, 04:51 PM
Doc, week after week I get the impression the texans' injury list is longer than the opponents, is this some weird injury reporting game they like to play or are we outright more unlucky?

As for Foster, they always rush him back, he always reinjures, it's like a never ending cycle.

Kubes don't trust Ben Tate to carry the load, he's a number one back on many other teams and kubes just don't like him cos of the odd fumble here and there. I just can't understand it. I actually have myself wondering if Tate is a better back when the line isn't clicking, foster seems to stutter with poor line play, Tate seems to make something happen anyway, of course we've seen foster knock it out the park behind quality line play.

That said, I don't think foster has been fully healthy in a season and a half now so it's unfair to judge him.

Every team has different reporting patterns. All I can say is that the ones that are listed by the Texans seem to be legitimate (with some injuries conveniently left off when multiple [Schaub])...........and there are some players that are not even listed at all that should be (Ed Reed).

CloakNNNdagger
10-31-2013, 04:57 PM
what about reed? is he ok now?

Riiiiiiiight! It's miraculous...........or is it just the Texans being the Texans about Ed just being Ed.........

Ed's hip is still just as bummed as it ever has been.........and Schaub's foot (in addition to his ankle) is just as jacked up as it was before the Bye...........but don't tell anyone.

CloakNNNdagger
10-31-2013, 06:56 PM
The Texans Thursday Injury Report remains unchanged from yesterday.

BUT there could be some "good" news found in the Colts Injury Report.........and bad luck for Luck.

Colts WR Darrius Heyward-Bey popped up on the teamís injury report on Thursday as a limited participant in practice because of a hamstring injury after not showing up on the injury report at all on Wednesday. That probably means at very least that T Y Hilton will be picking up whatever slack is there on Sunday.

DocBar
10-31-2013, 09:35 PM
Riiiiiiiight! It's miraculous...........or is it just the Texans being the Texans about Ed just being Ed.........

Ed's hip is still just as bummed as it ever has been.........and Schaub's foot (in addition to his ankle) is just as jacked up as it was before the Bye...........but don't tell anyone. As long as they're being "smart" about these injuries, they shouldn't have to report every single nick. Even when a lot of those nicks lead to games missed and surgeries, etc. Just be "smart" about them.

Brisco_County
10-31-2013, 09:39 PM
The toe is a new injury (that's why I said "add.") There have been so many toe injuries on this club in this short season, I'm beginning to suspect that this could be a foot wear problem.

Ah, I missed the emphasis because red font doesn't show up on Tapatalk. I also missed it because I don't read good.

We had a long thread on the Reliant turf before. Did that discussion ever uncover anything interesting?

steelbtexan
10-31-2013, 09:45 PM
As long as they're being "smart" about these injuries, they shouldn't have to report every single nick. Even when a lot of those nicks lead to games missed and surgeries, etc. Just be "smart" about them.

When has the Texans medical staff ever been smart about anything?

Boselli/DDW/Schaub extension/Cutting AJ's hamstring/Cody/Reed in FA etc....

paycheck71
10-31-2013, 10:26 PM
Ah, I missed the emphasis because red font doesn't show up on Tapatalk. I also missed it because I don't read good.

We had a long thread on the Reliant turf before. Did that discussion ever uncover anything interesting?

Just as with any other thread, I don't think we came to any consensus.

There have been studies that show that players prefer real grass to just about any artificial surface. At the same time, real grass field has to be taken good care of, or it will not be up to par. I remember, after a game at Reliant last season when the field looked especially crappy, ND Kalu on 790 talk about how he never had a problem with the Reliant field and how it was maybe just a bit harder than other real grass fields, but much better than any artificial turf.

As to how the field is constructed at Reliant, I don't see how it can change much. You're limited by the size of entrances into the stadium. The system they have in place in Arizona is probably the best that exists now but will not work at Reliant because it was not constructed that way and you can't demolish the supporting structures for an entire end zone side of the stadium so you can wheel the whole field in.

The problem with the field at Reliant isn't how it looks, it's whether it's put together well enough to the point that the seams aren't a big deal.

DocBar
10-31-2013, 11:21 PM

Boselli/DDW/Schaub extension/Cutting AJ's hamstring/Cody/Reed in FA etc....The sarcasm is weak in this one. :worldpeace:

paycheck71
10-31-2013, 11:35 PM

Boselli/DDW/Schaub extension/Cutting AJ's hamstring/Cody/Reed in FA etc....

They didn't go after Peyton Manning and his broken neck.

:stirpot:

CloakNNNdagger
11-01-2013, 08:00 AM
The Texans, like all other teams, will be playing on many different playing surfaces and under different conditions. However, footwear has to be utilized as the major compensatory factor for all of these, as it is essentially the only compensatory factor that players can avail themselves to avoid field-related injuries. You have to start questioning if the Texans equipment people and trainers are putting in the time, thought and effort in handling this extremely important subject as well as they should be.

welsh texan
11-01-2013, 01:30 PM
The Texans, like all other teams, will be playing on many different playing surfaces and under different conditions. However, footwear has to be utilized as the major compensatory factor for all of these, as it is essentially the only compensatory factor that players can avail themselves to avoid field-related injuries. You have to start questioning if the Texans equipment people and trainers are putting in the time, thought and effort in handling this extremely important subject as well as they should be.

In 'soccer' there were a lot of metatarsal injuries resulting from new trchnology allowing kit manufacturers to make extremely light football boots a few years back.

The new materials used obviously had a huge effect on the ability of players to move freely and have better control of the ball, the downside being a lot of injuries due to lesser protection on key areas.

This seems to have died down a fair bit recently as the manufacturers have corrected their issues.

I wonder if a similar thing is going on for the texans, new cleat tech offering better performance but less protection??

CloakNNNdagger
11-01-2013, 01:43 PM
In 'soccer' there were a lot of metatarsal injuries resulting from new trchnology allowing kit manufacturers to make extremely light football boots a few years back.

The new materials used obviously had a huge effect on the ability of players to move freely and have better control of the ball, the downside being a lot of injuries due to lesser protection on key areas.

This seems to have died down a fair bit recently as the manufacturers have corrected their issues.

I wonder if a similar thing is going on for the texans, new cleat tech offering better performance but less protection??

Manufacturers of football footwear have been going through this search for lighter and lighter weight "revolution" for the past year or two. Exactly my concern.

March 14, 2013

Nike Football FC247 collection designed for football anytime, any place

Athlete insights drive new small-sided football footwear.

Three new shoes, Nike Bomba Finale II, Nike Elastico Finale II and Nike Lunar Gato II deliver design innovation that allow players to amplify their skills on specific surfaces. Each shoe is created to provide a balance of speed, control, comfort and precision based on varying court surfaces.

All three shoes feature new outsoles that house a flexible groove along the first metatarsal, which helps free up that part of the foot for a quicker first step to improve agility in tight spaces.
Rest of Article (http://nikeinc.com/news/nike-football-fc247)

...............and is a perfect set up for Turf Toe injuries.......

CloakNNNdagger
11-01-2013, 07:21 PM
After passing such a FULL exertive Friday practice, I would not be putting Foster in the game Sunday.:kitten:

HOUSTON TEXANS

Friday (11/1/13)
QUESTIONABLE
RB Arian Foster (Full) Hamstring

PROBABLE
RG Brandon Brooks (Full) Toe
LT Duane Brown (Full) Toe
S Shiloh Keo (Full) Achilles
WR Keshawn Martin (Full) Shoulder
CB Brice McCain (Full) Knee
NT Earl Mitchell (Full) Knee
RT Derek Newton (Full) Knee/Elbow
S Eddie Pleasant (Full) Toe
WR DeVier Posey (Full) Calf
QB Matt Schaub (Full) Ankle
ILB Darryl Sharpton (Limited) Foot/Toe
LG Wade Smith (Limited) Knee
RB Ben Tate (Limited) Ribs

The Colts secondary are not going to be in great shape going into this game.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Friday (11/1/13)

OUT
CB Josh Gordy (DNP) Groin
S Delano Howell (DNP) Neck
CB Greg Toler (DNP) Groin

QUESTIONABLE
WR Darrius Heyward-Bey (DNP) Hamstring
LB Cam Johnson (DNP) Knee

PROBABLE
C Samson Satele (Full) Knee
LB Bjoern Werner (Full) Foot

Mailman
11-03-2013, 10:51 AM
by Chris Towers | CBSSports.com
(11:23 am ET) CBSSports.com NFL Insider Jason La Canfora went on Fantasy Football Today Sunday morning to report that Texans running back Arian Foster may not play in Week 9 against the Colts. He said it "doesn't look good" for his chances of playing through a hamstring injury, which will likely leave Ben Tate (ribs) as the starter for Sunday night's game.
Foster is officially questionable, but looks like a true gametime decision at this point.

I really hope this is an inaccurate report.

amazing80
11-03-2013, 06:51 PM
I really hope this is an inaccurate report.

Foster is active, as is tate and dennis Johnson.....TJ Yates, Ray Graham, Deji Karim, Andrew Gardner, Cody White, Jeff Tarpinian and Tim Jamison are inactive

Thorn
11-03-2013, 07:00 PM
I imagine Foster and Tate are active, despite their injuries, for their pass blocking ability as much as anything.

CloakNNNdagger
11-03-2013, 07:11 PM
I feel that Foster has a very good chance of not making it through the game. I hope I'm wrong.

Thorn
11-03-2013, 07:13 PM
I feel that Foster has a very good chance of not making it through the game. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't think he or Tate are going to be effective runners tonight. If Case doesn't win the game on his arm, we just won't win then.

CloakNNNdagger
11-03-2013, 07:19 PM
I don't think he or Tate are going to be effective runners tonight. If Case doesn't win the game on his arm, we just won't win then.

I feel the same way about Keenum's contribution for a win.

I hope we don't see Tate fumbling the ball...........if he is wearing a flak jacket, it makes it very much more difficult to tuck the ball securely to the body.

ArlingtonTexan
11-03-2013, 07:46 PM
IMo, Tate not finishing the run on the 2nd down was a player protecting himself further injury