PDA

View Full Version : Houston Texans @ Bye. 10/27. All Day. Boring Living Room **Official Gameday Thread**

Pollardized
10-27-2013, 11:56 AM
Today the Texans battle the mighty Bye Week Boredoms. Texans have been sliding fast as of late. Could this be the week they right the ship? Not likely with Gary Kubiak still the Skipper and Matt Schaub still playing the part of Gilligan. With 5 spots still open, the Texans are 10% short of a full roster. Not that it would matter, as Schaub is likely to throw 2 interceptions against the Bye, one being returned for 6. Kubiak will say afterward "the boys battled to the end. It's on me to get them better prepared. The Bye played tough. A couple of our guys took them lightly and smoked a little too much cigar last night. I've got to be better and put them in a position to win."

I've got the Bye rolling to a 31-7 victory. Texans score a garbage TD late when Kubes finally opens the offense and Schaub scores on a 20 yard scramble after catching the Bye players all off field during a fake timeout call.

How do you see it playing out?

paycheck71
10-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Brady, playing with an unreported throwing hand injury (visibly swollen in the warmups), throws a pick with his first pass. Very Schaub-esque, I might add.

HouTx11
10-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Since the bye can't really score on offense, and the Texans can't score TDs in the red zone, I predict a final score of 7-6 Bye. Matt throws his complimentary pick 6 and the offense fails to score TDs in the red zone, meaning that Randy Bullock once again is the only Texan to put up points........but he misses what could've been the game winner!

Brandon420tx
10-27-2013, 12:26 PM
Chris Jones DT got a tackle for 2 yard loss on the first play of the NE Miami game

BullBlitz
10-27-2013, 01:01 PM
Bye weeks are worse than losses. Watching Patriots get stomped by the Dolphins.

Pulling for Dolphins, Browns and Bills today.

IDEXAN
10-27-2013, 01:07 PM
Chris Jones DT got a tackle for 2 yard loss on the first play of the NE Miami game
He's also had several sacks in recent games. This guy might turn out to be something special.

badboy
10-27-2013, 01:08 PM
I am mostly concerned about Texans sustaining any new injuries. There is a chance they could sign another Reed type FA and that terrifies me. I wonder if the roof of Reliant is open today? There is a comforting old saying "this too shall pass" but what is it is intercepted? How many days is it until the draft?

michaelm
10-27-2013, 01:09 PM
Who wants to bet a dollar that they sign someone off Washington's practice squad?

paycheck71
10-27-2013, 01:22 PM
Pats kneeling with time left on the clock down 2 scores at the end of the 1st half? Belichick is too conservative. :kitten:

paycheck71
10-27-2013, 05:04 PM
Denver offense looks mortal all of a sudden for the second game in a row.

paycheck71
10-27-2013, 06:08 PM
Denver offense looks mortal all of a sudden for the second game in a row.

Aaaaand they're back...

Thorn
10-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Not watching any football this weekend. I'm playing computer games and reading. Unless the Texans are playing a big part in the outcome of the NFL's season, I'm not that interested in the NFL except for what the Texans are doing.

JCTexan
10-27-2013, 06:28 PM
Not watching any football this weekend. I'm playing computer games and reading. Unless the Texans are playing a big part in the outcome of the NFL's season, I'm not that interested in the NFL except for what the Texans are doing.

It's football, I'm watching. I am a bit less stressed this week than I have been.

Showtime100
10-27-2013, 06:32 PM
It's football, I'm watching. I am a bit less stressed this week than I have been.

Same here. But tonight give me Boston at St. Louis + the remote control to catch Green Bay and Minnesota during World Series commercials.

Uncle Rico
10-27-2013, 06:38 PM
Haha Kirk Cousins with the pick 6. He would fit in great around here.

JCTexan
10-27-2013, 06:38 PM
Same here. But tonight give me Boston at St. Louis + the remote control to catch Green Bay and Minnesota during World Series commercials.

Oh, I agree there. I expect Green Bay to win convincingly though.

thunderkyss
10-27-2013, 09:43 PM

He's also had several sacks in recent games. This guy might turn out to be something special.

Sounds like we should have been playing this guy in rotation with Smith & not at NT.