PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else think this team is SLOW.

gafftop
10-25-2013, 09:23 AM
I think part of our problem in the Redzone on both offense and defense is because we are slow/not quick.

Our LBs can't keep up with players, plus poor execution. Going to be really bad with Cushing out.
Our WRs can't get open quickly. We don't have a Welker type of receiver.
On offense it could also have been MS. Hope to see more of CK in redzone so a better comparison can be made.
The again it could be just POOR play calling/coaching, but I think player quickness is a factor.
Just my opinion.

BigBull17
10-25-2013, 09:31 AM
We have a very slow footed team. Not blessed with an over abundance of team speed. We prioritize size and run blocking at WR. Not a lot of room for smaller quick guys. We like system TE's who are neither physically imposing nor athletic freaks. We like smaller, quicker offensive linemen. All a recipe for struggling in the red zone. Our OLB's are converted DE's so they don't operate well in space. Smaller faster d linemen make it easier for a big physical oline to lock up in tighter spaces. Just a team built with a flaw. Case was in the redzone once I believe so tough to judge. Didn't have a RB and had Gary calling his plays so we'll see.

Edit: Oh, and a noodle arm qb so nonathletic he makes Peyton Manning look like Mike Vick his rookie year.

michaelm
10-25-2013, 10:02 AM
Yes, on both sides of the ball.

Thorn
10-25-2013, 10:40 AM
Slow. Steady. What we. Need as head. Coach. Is the Shat.

Capt Kirk will fix it.

DBCooper
10-25-2013, 12:42 PM
Oh, just stop watching Ed and it will speed up for ya!

cstyle42
10-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Oh, just stop watching Ed and it will speed up for ya!

Ed Reed is just as slow as Gary Kubiak's brain...